'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#124784 Sep 25, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO I showed FOUR different dictionaries with links, and the pertinent definitions all showing you to be dead wrong, yet I lost?
Are you medicated?
Make that FIVE different dictionaries.
I forgot Websters :P
Tea Party Republican

Johnson City, TN

#124785 Sep 25, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Make that FIVE different dictionaries.
I forgot Websters :P
You know, you are very much like someone else on this forum! You are right, when proven wrong, you won't listen to any sort of reason, it's got to be your way. I posted the scientific meaning of a theory, you said ‘oh no’ that doesn’t apply to politics, then I descried in a valid scientific way that political theory and scientific polling are done, then you changed to a third version, also incorrect; proven with the very link YOU provided? I don’t get it, what in the hell is wrong with you? At first you appear to possess some rationality, the more you go on the more that hypothesis is disproven. I was responding to a person attacking me with complete ignorance in the first place, who invited you into the conversation? Now be sure I am done with this bullshit, next you will likely try a Russian interpretation of theory anyway! You were bested, deal with it!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#124786 Sep 25, 2013
Sen. Tom Coburn talking

Monet
@volizaable
25% of your life to federal taxes. Another 25% for sales, state and local taxes. Congrats! Half your work is done for government.

http://www.c-span.org/Events/Senate-Debates-C...

God only asks for 10%:)
Profiler

Russell Springs, KY

#124788 Sep 25, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
Cruz's speech long, but it's not a filibuster
Washington (CNN)– Whatever you want to call Ted Cruz's marathon speech on the Senate floor, it's not in and of itself a filibuster. While he's speaking for an unusually long time, he's not holding up any Senate business.
It is part of a filibuster by him and other Senate Republicans like Marco Rubio and Mike Lee who are stalling immediate Senate action on the House-passed plan to fund the government past September 30. They don't need to talk to do that, they just say they will and that requires the Senate to reach a 60-vote threshold to stop them.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/09/...
Darth Vader, Sean Connery, Chinese gooseberries, and other highlights from Cruz's marathon speech
Washington (CNN)- As the sun came up over the U.S. Capitol Wednesday morning, Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, entered his 16th hour of holding the Senate Floor.
Here are some of the highlights from the night. Be sure you don't skip the exchange between Cruz and fellow Republican Sen. Mike Lee of Utah around 3 a.m., where they ask each other some super tricky questions. Cruz also mentions his lifelong dream of being a Pirate at one point. Oh, and there was also the time Cruz loops Sean Connery and Teddy Roosevelt into the same analogy.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/09/...
RIP TEABAGGING GOP CONS
DITCH MITCH
Holy.... I wasn't aware that ACORN handed out such long scripts!(Strongly suggest just scanning these posts)

“Heaven doesn't want me.”

Since: Jul 13

Hell's afraid I'll take over.

#124789 Sep 25, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Sen. Tom Coburn talking
Monet
@volizaable
25% of your life to federal taxes. Another 25% for sales, state and local taxes. Congrats! Half your work is done for government.
http://www.c-span.org/Events/Senate-Debates-C...
God only asks for 10%:)
No, God doesn't ask for 10%. Churches do.

"Does God still require 10% of your money today?(remember tithing was not money, in fact it rarely was). The word “tithe” is used 13 times in the Bible. Not once do you see the word “money” used with it. The word “tithes” is used 21 times in the Bible. The word “money” is not mentioned. It has become this because of our system we use today, but this was not strictly so for Israel."

http://www.letusreason.org/doct54.htm

"I know the word "tithe" has "tenth" built into it, and so some Christians assume that every usage of the word "tithe" in Scripture is referring to "giving 10% of your gross income to the church." But I also know that "tithes" in the Old Testament did not refer to this at all;

They only "tithed" on food (livestock and crops); they had money (i.e. "income"), but the "tithes" did not apply to that
The food went to the Levites, Priests, and needy people - none of whom had land of their own by which they could feed themselves
"Tithes" were not required of everyone - only those who raised livestock or grew crops. For example, carpenters weren't required to tithe, nor were the Priests and needy people
Clearly these things have application today; I am not challenging the idea of providing for ministers and needy people with cheerfulness and generosity."

http://christianity.stackexchange.com/questio...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#124790 Sep 25, 2013
Tea Party Republican wrote:
Oh look, the idiots are stomping icons, like they accuse everyone else of! Such childish crybaby fools.
;~)

Janis Joplin - Cry Baby


sooooooo gooooooood @ it, aren't they?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#124791 Sep 25, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, God doesn't ask for 10%. Churches do.
"Does God still require 10% of your money today?(remember tithing was not money, in fact it rarely was). The word “tithe” is used 13 times in the Bible. Not once do you see the word “money” used with it. The word “tithes” is used 21 times in the Bible. The word “money” is not mentioned. It has become this because of our system we use today, but this was not strictly so for Israel."
http://www.letusreason.org/doct54.htm
"I know the word "tithe" has "tenth" built into it, and so some Christians assume that every usage of the word "tithe" in Scripture is referring to "giving 10% of your gross income to the church." But I also know that "tithes" in the Old Testament did not refer to this at all;
They only "tithed" on food (livestock and crops); they had money (i.e. "income"), but the "tithes" did not apply to that
The food went to the Levites, Priests, and needy people - none of whom had land of their own by which they could feed themselves
"Tithes" were not required of everyone - only those who raised livestock or grew crops. For example, carpenters weren't required to tithe, nor were the Priests and needy people
Clearly these things have application today; I am not challenging the idea of providing for ministers and needy people with cheerfulness and generosity."
http://christianity.stackexchange.com/questio...
;~)

If God only asks for 10% of our income, why does Obama think he can demand 40%?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#124792 Sep 25, 2013
Do you know WHO will save your azzes, when the government goes down?

The churches ... that's WHO!

THEY ALWAYS HAVE
THEY ALWAYS WILL ...!!!

Better "get on ya knees" ...

~-~
American Lady

Danville, KY

#124793 Sep 25, 2013
LQQk "that" up!

;~)
American Lady

Danville, KY

#124794 Sep 25, 2013
Christianity has ALWAYS done THAT!
False gods do NOT!

0 is a FALSE god.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#124795 Sep 25, 2013
:D

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#124796 Sep 25, 2013
Tea Party Republican wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, you are very much like someone else on this forum! You are right, when proven wrong, you won't listen to any sort of reason, it's got to be your way. I posted the scientific meaning of a theory, you said ‘oh no’ that doesn’t apply to politics, then I descried in a valid scientific way that political theory and scientific polling are done, then you changed to a third version, also incorrect; proven with the very link YOU provided? I don’t get it, what in the hell is wrong with you? At first you appear to possess some rationality, the more you go on the more that hypothesis is disproven. I was responding to a person attacking me with complete ignorance in the first place, who invited you into the conversation? Now be sure I am done with this bullshit, next you will likely try a Russian interpretation of theory anyway! You were bested, deal with it!
I jumped into the conversation because you were trying to belittle someone by incorrectly claiming their use of a word was wrong. That because of it that he/she, somehow were inferior to you.
That kind of arrogance only comes from posers. People pretending to have a high degree of intelligence and education, when in reality they likely will be taking your order at the local drive through.
As shown by all the definitions I posted, a theory, aside from its exact technical meanings, can and does mean opinion, speculation, conjecture, ect. ALL the things you told the person you blasted, it didn't mean.
In other words the poster used the word correctly.
I had to come from many different directions to get that simple notion though to you. That prove more difficult than I imagined.
Apparently dictionaries are too complex for you.
Now if it makes you feel better, you win ;-)

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#124797 Sep 25, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Christianity has ALWAYS done THAT!
False gods do NOT!
0 is a FALSE god.
Hmmm How do you know when a God is false?

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#124798 Sep 25, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
;~)
If God only asks for 10% of our income, why does Obama think he can demand 40%?
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...
LMAO NOBODY pays 40%
But seriously, when was the last time God built a highway or a public school?
Alias

Bardstown, KY

#124799 Sep 25, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO NOBODY pays 40%
But seriously, when was the last time God built a highway or a public school?
Dude, the taxable rate for this year for a single filer is 39.6 percent for income over $400,000 - it is the same rate for a joint filing over $450,000. Not sure what your laughing about.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#124800 Sep 25, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
;~)
If God only asks for 10% of our income, why does Obama think he can demand 40%?
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...
U be crazy. The income tax on 98% of all Americans has been the same for the past 30 years. I don't guess a non-taxpayer like you would know that.

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#124801 Sep 25, 2013
Alias wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, the taxable rate for this year for a single filer is 39.6 percent for income over $400,000 - it is the same rate for a joint filing over $450,000. Not sure what your laughing about.
Really?
Who do you know that has 0 deductions?
NOBODY pays the marginal rate.
Tea Party Republican

Johnson City, TN

#124802 Sep 25, 2013
Alias wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, the taxable rate for this year for a single filer is 39.6 percent for income over $400,000 - it is the same rate for a joint filing over $450,000. Not sure what your laughing about.
He is not sure either Alias, however he knows everything, just ask him!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#124803 Sep 25, 2013
AristoclesKingofAliases wrote:
<quoted text>
You may need it! You have been reported to the Department of Homeland Security as a possible threat to National Security. After all you are on an American political topix/forum, while displaying yourself in Islamic attire, carrying a flag of unknown origin. Discussing American politics, news and internet links. You also hide your location. Every American has a duty to report suspicious activity.
Reported?! To the Dept of Homeland Security?!

Aw crap! Now my cover is completely blown!

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#124804 Sep 25, 2013
Tea Party Republican wrote:
<quoted text>
He is not sure either Alias, however he knows everything, just ask him!
I'm sure it seems that way to you ;-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cody Abner (Jun '11) 4 min jo jo 7
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 6 min yeah man 5,509
bad renters HELP 36 min Johnnie 7
What happened at Stinking Creek? 44 min stupidisasstupiddoes 93
The parent who flipped off and threatened every... 46 min record 7
Knox parent goes off at Bell and Knox football ... 50 min record 10
Knox parent out of control goes after student a... 52 min record 19
kC principal injured 6 hr Sarah J 7
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••