'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
109,121 - 109,140 of 149,667 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Fauxbox news

Believe
NOTHING of what you SEE.
NOTHING of what you hear.

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
Notsofast

Switzerland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

RepubliCONS wrote:
CONtinued:
According to Politico, Buffett was asked on CNBC whether he would be in favor of scrapping the Senate’s version of the health care bill; he responded: "I would be." However, Politico also noted "that while he does not like the Senate bill, he’d vote for it in preference to doing nothing."
Buffett said in the interview, "If it was a choice today between plan A, which is what we've got, or plan B,… the Senate bill, I would vote for the Senate bill. But I would much rather see a plan C that really attacks costs."
It’s worth noting that in July 2012, just after the Supreme Court upheld the health care law, Buffett told Bloomberg TV that the court made the right decision.
Invoking the same metaphor, Buffett said health care is "the tapeworm, essentially, of the American economy, and we have not dealt with that yet." But he added, "Obamacare is a step in the right direction in many ways."
Shortly after we started looking into the blog posts, the Weekly Standard added an "update" to its post. It said, "It appears that Buffett made his anti-Obamacare comments in 2010, thereby showing that he, like most of the American people, has opposed Obamacare since even before it was passed — a point that Mark Hemingway addressed yesterday in response to USA Today’s implication that Americans’ widespread dislike of Obamacare is mostly attributable to Republicans’ efforts to fight it."

We sent inquiries to the Weekly Standard and Money Morning but did not hear back. We also sent an inquiry to Buffett and will publish a comment if he offers one.

Our ruling
A variety of blogs reprinted an item indicating that Warren Buffett recently said "Scrap Obamacare and Start All Over." However, the comments came from an interview in 2010, when the health care bill was still being debated, and are not based on the subsequent three and a half years of seeing the law implemented. If anything, comments by Buffett in 2012 suggest that he’s pleased to see the law being put into effect, despite the shortcomings he sees. The notion that Buffett had recently turned on a president he supported by souring on his signature health care law could have been easily debunked using Google searches. We rate the claim Pants on Fire.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...
PANTS OF FIRE....liars
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
Next time I get a chance to talk with old WB, I will tell him he better comment on that inquiry. Seems you are providing articles stating he has commented with an opinion already . I will tell him about your posts. Thanks for the load of crap posted as the truth. Do you get all your news from comedy? Teeheeeereeeahteeeeeeheeee. PRICELESS.
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

(VIDEO)Ted Cruz Reveals Desperate Plan to Defund Obamacare:“Shut Down the Military”

Its official: The Republican Party’s Obamacare Derangement Syndrome has reached a dangerous new level as Ted Cruz has revealed the GOP’s newest and most pathetic last-ditch desperation attempt to defund the Supreme Court-approved Affordable Care Act (Obamacare): Forcing President Obama to “shut down the military” if he insists on getting congress to actually do its job, funding bills passed by Congress and signed by the President.

If you can bear his smugness, watch the video of him showing off his new strategy of domestic terrorism against the American people below. Their anti-Obamacare act has gone from a monumental hissy-fit to a dangerous game of chicken with America’s credit rating, economy, and security. We must expose them for what they are: dangerous ideologues unfit to govern America.

http://www.occupydemocrats.com/videoted-cruz-...

Yeah, just give them an IOU

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
what

Hyden, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

RepubliCONS wrote:
Fauxbox news
Believe
NOTHING of what you SEE.
NOTHING of what you hear.
RIP GOP CONS
DITCH MITCH
you trying to do to us poor folks? i had to go to the DR.mashed my thumb.they took me in took my blood pressure ,put me on a scale.then sent me to a little room.in came the DR.he said let me look at your knees i let him look at both knees.he said ok and gave me a cheap bandage.i said doc what does my knees have to do with my thumb?he smiled and said you are a tea, or a dem. or a ind.you have no money.as i was leaving this other guy he was looking at his knees .DR.said ok what's your problem? he said my but hurts.get on the table.i said DR.before i go just one more question .how can you tell by looking at the knees .he smiled and said you have no carpet burns.
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Have fun talking to yourself bobbyvernsocks, maybe the loon will keep you company.

I have a comfy big bed, cool breeze through the window, and a big fluffy pillow waiting for me. I had another day of too much fun.

Too bad you can't get out and get fresh air and enjoy good company. Don't be crying bobbysocks. Oh and be sure to stomp those icons. It so validates your pathetic life.

Enjoy your nightmares, I will be enjoying me pleasant dreams. I hope my lib friends enjoys theirs too.

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH

“Heaven doesn't want me.”

Since: Jul 13

Hell's afraid I'll take over.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

Good morning RC Co-Cola (and any other libtart pals)- excellent articles last night! Way to sink their Warren Buffett battleship! You're absolutely right, all they've got is lies, yet they keep repeating them over and over...and over. They'll post some ridiculous "fact", one of us disproves it, then a few pages later they're posting the exact same crap. Then as a last recourse they pull crusty socks out of the drawer to spin even bigger lies.

Anyhoo....busy days ahead for me, so I'll stop in when I can. As always, it's a pleasure to read the intelligent articles and rebuttals that you and the other Dems/Libs/Indys have posted.

Hope you have a great week!
Hellfarr

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

RepubliCONS wrote:
Republicans in the House of Representatives narrowly voted to eliminate nearly $40 billion in food stamp funding that provides poor families with a way to stave off starvation.
Using snap cards to buy red bull, shopping carts full of soda pop, ice cream off the shwaans truck, and trading for cigarettes and gas isn't staving off starvation, it's fraud, waste, and abuse.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
flagged as cross-posted re-direction spam

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Former Constitutional Law Lecturer and U.S. President Makes Up Constitutional Quotes During State Of The Union (SOTU) Address.
Consider this:
1. President Barack Obama, former editor of the Harvard Law Review, is no longer a "lawyer". He surrendered his license back in 2008 in order to escape charges he lied on his bar application. A "Voluntary Surrender" is not something where you decide "Gee, a license is not really something I need anymore, is it?" and forget to renew your license. No, a "Voluntary Surrender" is something you do when you've been accused of something, and you 'voluntarily surrender" your license five seconds before the state suspends you.
2 Michelle Obama "voluntarily surrendered" her law license in 1993. after a Federal Judge gave her the choice between surrendering her license or standing trial for Insurance fraud!
3. So, we have the first black President and First Lady - who don't actually have licenses to practice law. Facts.
Source: http://jdlong.wordpress.com/2009/05/15/pres-b...
4. A senior lecturer is one thing, a fully ranked law professor is another. Barack Obama was NOT a Constitutional Law Professor at the University of Chicago.
Does anyone bother with actual facts anymore?
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/lawlicen...
Fox News Is A Joke

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Former Constitutional Law Lecturer and U.S. President Makes Up Constitutional Quotes During State Of The Union (SOTU) Address.
Consider this:
1. President Barack Obama, former editor of the Harvard Law Review, is no longer a "lawyer". He surrendered his license back in 2008 in order to escape charges he lied on his bar application. A "Voluntary Surrender" is not something where you decide "Gee, a license is not really something I need anymore, is it?" and forget to renew your license. No, a "Voluntary Surrender" is something you do when you've been accused of something, and you 'voluntarily surrender" your license five seconds before the state suspends you.
2 Michelle Obama "voluntarily surrendered" her law license in 1993. after a Federal Judge gave her the choice between surrendering her license or standing trial for Insurance fraud!
3. So, we have the first black President and First Lady - who don't actually have licenses to practice law. Facts.
Source: http://jdlong.wordpress.com/2009/05/15/pres-b...
4. A senior lecturer is one thing, a fully ranked law professor is another. Barack Obama was NOT a Constitutional Law Professor at the University of Chicago.
Now clean the BS out of your teeth tube steal smoker.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

Hellfarr wrote:
<quoted text>
Using snap cards to buy red bull, shopping carts full of soda pop, ice cream off the shwaans truck, and trading for cigarettes and gas isn't staving off starvation, it's fraud, waste, and abuse.
Sounds like an alabamie problem. One of the bigggest leech states, btw.
Vern

Switzerland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

RepubliCONS wrote:
Have fun talking to yourself bobbyvernsocks, maybe the loon will keep you company.
I have a comfy big bed, cool breeze through the window, and a big fluffy pillow waiting for me. I had another day of too much fun.
Too bad you can't get out and get fresh air and enjoy good company. Don't be crying bobbysocks. Oh and be sure to stomp those icons. It so validates your pathetic life.
Enjoy your nightmares, I will be enjoying me pleasant dreams. I hope my lib friends enjoys theirs too.
RIP GOP CONS
DITCH MITCH
bobbyvernsocks! Always on your mind, heh, dubbel? You are not on mind except when I want to chuckle at how stupid someone can actually be. Was not on here past Friday the 27dayofSept. Why are you even on here with all the fun and good days you have? Oh and all the good company. Me, I just get on right before dinner. Like reading the funnies. But you get to comment. It is a little after 5:00 pm here. Time to feast and give thanks for the good day, then prepare for the morrow. Stop stalking for my attention. Bobbyvernsocks....you are just a z' Lommis id schuel gange. Btw your president is really putting the screws to all Americans. As for Mitch you better not ditch him. He is your only hope for real change. Change for the good of all. The free shtnazzzzzz is drying up as the money tree was not watered properly.
Tea Party Republican

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

WOW! 11 of pukes posts were removed in one night! Good job Mods, better late than never!
Fox News Is A Joke

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

Vern wrote:
<quoted text>bobbyvernsocks! Always on your mind, heh, dubbel? You are not on mind except when I want to chuckle at how stupid someone can actually be. Was not on here past Friday the 27dayofSept. Why are you even on here with all the fun and good days you have? Oh and all the good company. Me, I just get on right before dinner. Like reading the funnies. But you get to comment. It is a little after 5:00 pm here. Time to feast and give thanks for the good day, then prepare for the morrow. Stop stalking for my attention. Bobbyvernsocks....you are just a z' Lommis id schuel gange. Btw your president is really putting the screws to all Americans. As for Mitch you better not ditch him. He is your only hope for real change. Change for the good of all. The free shtnazzzzzz is drying up as the money tree was not watered properly.
He has had 30 years you dip wad pos. What has he done?
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
go find the trible thumpers thread.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Go 'find' someone WHO "wants' to see you!
It was also flagged as off-topic spam, thumper.
Vern

Switzerland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

Fox News Is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>He has had 30 years you dip wad pos. What has he done?
goodnight! Is funny brilliant and spam, a code? Holding down on the debt by rallying against new regulations is major. At present, defunding of Obamacare is huge. You better get educated on this big debt riser. You will be screwed big time buster. So will all Americans except those who prepared for what the " pass it to see what is in it"...crowd who put aside and made their voices know where it really counts. Sorry buster, Mitch has done more where it counts thean you give credit. You liked that Judd lady I guess? Why? Looks! What has she run? Nothing! She got trained and schooled at every job she held. Acting. Not a Regan, she has no experience with business, buster. Goodnight now. Oh, good day fer you.
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

Crow__ wrote:
Good morning RC Co-Cola (and any other libtart pals)- excellent articles last night! Way to sink their Warren Buffett battleship! You're absolutely right, all they've got is lies, yet they keep repeating them over and over...and over. They'll post some ridiculous "fact", one of us disproves it, then a few pages later they're posting the exact same crap. Then as a last recourse they pull crusty socks out of the drawer to spin even bigger lies.
Anyhoo....busy days ahead for me, so I'll stop in when I can. As always, it's a pleasure to read the intelligent articles and rebuttals that you and the other Dems/Libs/Indys have posted.
Hope you have a great week!
Hey Crow, just came in from enjoying our beautiful morning and thought I would get some lunch, check email, fb and see if any of my libtarts were here. haha I love that term she gave.

You are right on those RWNJs always posting the SOS and now getting on the "false flag" conspiracy Alex Jones train. Desperate! The crusty socks keep coming whether they are zapped or not. So obvious who is doing it.

I hope you get all your busy chores done. I am taking it easy today. Too much fun over the weekend.

Hope to see you later. Have a great day enjoying our beautiful Kentucky weather.

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
Hellfarr

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like an alabamie problem.
Just bama? To those who ignore facts maybe.

Reality says otherwise.
Tea Party Republican

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

WASHINGTON—Carefully jotting down notes as the two sat in his small second-floor office on K Street, psychiatrist Dr. Thomas Eccleson patiently let President Barack Obama angrily voice his complaints and grievances about every single American in the nation, sources confirmed Tuesday.

While conceding that the president has “made some decent progress” over the course of several months of therapy, Eccleson told reporters that Obama still has many deep-seated issues with each of the 313 million members of the U.S. populace.

“This week we continued exploring Barack’s resentment about being constantly judged by others,” said Eccleson, noting the president’s reliance on unhealthy defense mechanisms to distance himself emotionally from the American public.“Again and again I hear things like,‘No matter how hard I try, nothing is ever good enough for Seattle resident Bryan Harrison.’ But I keep stressing that, at the end of the day, Barack is a human being and can’t expect himself to be perfect.”

“A lot of his feelings of inadequacy—thinking that no matter how successful he is, he can’t live up to people’s expectations—stem from his relationship with his father,” Eccleson continued.“That’s also at the core of his trust issues with not only Bryan, but also Gail Shaughnessy, Eric Corker, Amy Bergin, and more or less the entire population of Worcester, MA.”
MSNBC

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
puppet masters of knox co. who are they? 12 min ArmNHammer 3
Debate: Ferguson - Barbourville, KY 1 hr Animals 5
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 3 hr SLY WEST 3,468
who works for you 3 hr IronHammer 8
looking for peggy jackson (Sep '10) 5 hr Wow 11
Melinda and Anthony affair 6 hr hahaha 5
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr spaceship 130,171
•••
•••