'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#124413 Sep 22, 2013
CONtinued:

So who will be affected by Cramer’s heartlessness? Well, according to Feeding America, 47 million Americans rely on the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) to put food on the table.
“76% of SNAP households included a child, an elderly person, or a disabled person. These vulnerable households receive 83% of all SNAP benefits.”

As for Cramer’s claim that the unemployed are lazy freeloaders who don’t earn their calories,
SNAP already has strict time-limits for unemployed workers. Able-bodied adults without dependents (ABAWDs) may only receive 3 months of SNAP benefits during any 3 year period, unless they are working in a qualifying job training program.
The SNAP benefit formula is structured to provide a strong work incentive – for every additional dollar a SNAP participant earns, their benefits decline by about 24 to 36 cents, not a full dollar, so participants have a strong incentive to find work, work longer hours, or seek better-paying employment.

In other words, SNAP isn’t a luxury, it prevents people from starving to death while encouraging them to keep looking for a job. Of course, if America hadn’t been put into a recession by Republican policies in the first place, millions less would be in need of food assistance. And that’s not to mention the Republican insistence of austerity that prevented a large enough stimulus from being passed that would have actually lifted the economy. Oh, and then there’s the American Jobs Act that Republicans refused to pass that would have created jobs for the unemployed to seek.

If the GOP thinks their actions won’t backfire, they should think again. Most of those 47 million Americans that Cramer and his fellow House Republicans want to see starve live in the very states they claim to represent.

Cramer and House Republicans also appear to be subscribing to communism, particularly that of the Soviet Union during Joseph Stalin’s tyranny. Cramer and many other Republicans are repeating the 1936 Soviet Constitution word for word when they use that particular verse to justify their hostility to food stamps. According to Bucknell University Article I, Section 12, of Stalin’s 1936 Constitution reads:

In the U.S.S.R. work is a duty and a matter of honor for every able-bodied citizen, in accordance with the principle:“He who does not work, neither shall he eat.”

Oh, snap (Pardon the pun)! Once again, Republicans are looking to Soviet Russia as an example of how America should be run. First, they want Russia’s anti-gay policies to be implemented here and now they want the former Soviet constitution as well. Are Republicans really pro-America or pro-Russia? Because the evidence is mounting in support of the latter.

Cramer wasn’t the first Republican to advocate for starving the unemployed and he won’t be the last. In November 2011, then Republican Presidential hopeful Michele Bachmann said the same when she said:

Our nation needs to stop doing for people what they can and should do for themselves. Self reliance means, if anyone will not work, neither should he eat.

It would seem Republicans are just digging that hole deeper and deeper as we get closer to the 2014 midterm elections. Not only have they now alienated and threatened the very lives of 47 million Americans, including millions of children and elderly people, they are adopting the policies of Stalin’s Soviet Union and wrapping it into Christian Right-Wing religious dogma to do it.

It’s more than a mere hole that they have dug for themselves now. It’s their own mass political grave that they’ll be buried in as more and more people become fed up with them. Once you take food out of the bellies of children and use Stalinist philosophy to do so, you’ve committed political suicide.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/09/22/house...

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#124414 Sep 22, 2013
Kentucky coal leader calls EPA rules a 'de facto ban on coal-fired power plants'

Nobody is likely to build more coal-burning power plants in the United States under strict emission limits proposed Friday by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Kentucky coal and utility officials predicted.

That could further weaken demand for the coal of Eastern Kentucky, which has seen mines close and thousands of mining jobs disappear over the last few years. Coal counties in the mountains suffered official unemployment rates this summer between 11 and 18 percent.

"We in the industry truly believe this is a de facto ban on coal-fired power plants because we don't believe what they're asking for can be achieved in the marketplace at this point," said Bill Bissett, president of the Kentucky Coal Association.

To deal with air pollution and climate change, the EPA proposed a rule capping new coal-burning power plants at 1,100 pounds of carbon dioxide per megawatt hour. New power plants that burn natural gas would be capped at 1,000 pounds if they are large and 1,100 pounds if they are small. Existing power plants would not be covered, although the EPA says emission limits will be proposed for them no later than June 1, 2014.

If enacted, the rule would give another significant advantage to natural gas: It burns cleaner than coal and emits less carbon dioxide, a greenhouse gas that traps heat in Earth's atmosphere. At present, natural gas also is cheaper than coal.

Kentucky's existing coal-burning power plants put an average of 1,950 pounds of carbon dioxide into the air per megawatt hour, according to the state Energy and Environment Cabinet. The state's best-performing coal plant goes only as low as 1,750 pounds.

The EPA suggests that new coal plants could reach the lower emission limits with carbon capture-and-storage technology. A new plant using this technology would capture carbon dioxide from the smokestack and inject it underground, either for storage or for some later industrial use.

Given the shift to "new-generation technologies," the EPA "does not anticipate this rule will have any impacts on the price of electricity, employment or labor markets or the U.S. economy," the agency wrote in its regulatory impact analysis.

However, carbon capture-and-storage technology has not yet proven to be commercially viable. Southern Co. is spending $4.7 billion to build a 582-megawatt coal plant with that technology in Kemper County, Miss., with a tentative opening date of next spring. There have been multiple delays and cost overruns, and the utility's ratepayers will see $2.9 billion added to their bills to recoup the company's expenses.

East Kentucky Power Cooperative, based in Winchester, has three coal-burning power plants and one that burns natural gas, spokesman Nick Comer said Friday. Under the proposed rule, any future plants that are built probably would burn natural gas, Comer said.

"This seems to put some pretty significant limitations on coal as a means to generate electricity," Comer said.

Tom FitzGerald, director of the Kentucky Resources Council, said that even before the EPA's proposal, utilities were turning away from conventional coal-burning plants. Other energy sources are cheaper and cleaner, and in coming years that's clearly going to be an advantage, FitzGerald said.

EPA studies identify power plants as the leading contributor of greenhouse gas emissions in the United States, ahead of cars and industry, and coal produces more carbon dioxide than any other fuel, he said.

"If you're trying to address the problem, it just makes sense to bring down the level of emissions from this sector," FitzGerald said.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2013/09/20/2833314/ke...

It's called SAVING THE PLANET you bunch of dumbasses. Figure it out.

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#124416 Sep 22, 2013
TV SoundOff: Sunday Talking Heads

This is what is embarrassing about the modern political media. Warren Buffett did not criticize Obamacare. In fact, he supports it. Some old quotes of Buffett's have been dredged up, assigned a new context, and have been deployed as talking points. Because the internet exists, the "Buffett says to 'Scrap Obamacare'" meme was very swiftly debunked, and one of Buffett's own spokespersons said that Buffett was "shocked" that the statements had been "attributed to him."

Now, out in the hinterlands, the low-infos are probably still laboring under the misconception that Buffett wants Obamacare to be scrapped, and so you'll get a lot of ALL-CAPS tweets with misspellings about this for a while yet. But Graves, while he is a never-before-booked backbencher that looks like a magician, is nevertheless part of the modern world, he knows, because he's been briefed by professionals, that the Buffett quote isn't true. He's going to use it anyway, for two reasons: 1) the lie still have some life in it and 2) because he knows that ABC News is not powerful enough to stop him. No one is afraid of organizations like ABC News, and so they'll gladly lie and lie and lie, right to their faces.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/22/sund...

Warren Buffett did not criticize Obamacare. In fact, he supports it.

Guess that disputes the Buffett lies you CONS were spewing as always.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Notsofast

Switzerland

#124417 Sep 22, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
TV SoundOff: Sunday Talking Heads
This is what is embarrassing about the modern political media. Warren Buffett did not criticize Obamacare. In fact, he supports it. Some old quotes of Buffett's have been dredged up, assigned a new context, and have been deployed as talking points. Because the internet exists, the "Buffett says to 'Scrap Obamacare'" meme was very swiftly debunked, and one of Buffett's own spokespersons said that Buffett was "shocked" that the statements had been "attributed to him."
Now, out in the hinterlands, the low-infos are probably still laboring under the misconception that Buffett wants Obamacare to be scrapped, and so you'll get a lot of ALL-CAPS tweets with misspellings about this for a while yet. But Graves, while he is a never-before-booked backbencher that looks like a magician, is nevertheless part of the modern world, he knows, because he's been briefed by professionals, that the Buffett quote isn't true. He's going to use it anyway, for two reasons: 1) the lie still have some life in it and 2) because he knows that ABC News is not powerful enough to stop him. No one is afraid of organizations like ABC News, and so they'll gladly lie and lie and lie, right to their faces.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/22/sund...
Warren Buffett did not criticize Obamacare. In fact, he supports it.
Guess that disputes the Buffett lies you CONS were spewing as always.
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
You need to sit on those eggs like ole Harry the hen Reid does. Hoping they do not hatch. Warren Buffett, well you would have to know him for real. I do teehee. He really does not like Obamacare nor does he like raising taxes on the top 1% wage earners. Some change their mind. Teehee
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#124418 Sep 22, 2013
Some republiCONS are starting to "get it". Good for them. OBAMAcare is here to stay. It is LAW.

Tom Coburn Says Republicans Pushing To Defund Obamacare Are Not Based In The 'Real World'

WASHINGTON -- Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) said his Republican colleagues who are pushing to defund Obamacare -- even if it means risking a government shutdown -- aren't facing the "political reality" that they're going to lose.

"Tactics and strategies ought to be based on what the real world is, and we do not have the political power to do this," Coburn said during an appearance on CBS's "Face the Nation." "We're not about to shut the government down over the fact that we cannot, only controlling one house of Congress, tell the president that we’re not going to fund any portion of this. Because we can’t do that.”

The Senate is preparing to vote next week on a House-passed bill that would both fund the government past Oct. 1 and strip funding for President Barack Obama's signature health care law. Despite Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and a handful of others vowing to do whatever it takes defund Obamacare, Democrats are expected to cut the Obamacare piece from the government funding bill and send it back to the House.

Coburn said he agrees that if Republicans controlled Congress they should be voting to take down Obamacare. But they don't, and he said he doesn't expect his party to force a government shutdown over the matter.

"I think the exercise is fine," said the Oklahoma senator, but "right now, with our economy where it is ... we actually have a crisis of confidence in our country right now. Both in Congress and with the president."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/22/tom-...

Shut the gov't down is Teabagger GOP political suicide. Some of them are figuring that out.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

stomp those icons bobbysocks..hahaha
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#124419 Sep 22, 2013
Chris Wallace Challenges Ted Cruz Over Obamacare Plan (VIDEO)

Chris Wallace challenged Senator Ted Cruz over his plan to defund Obamacare on "Fox News Sunday."
Cruz is one of the leaders behind the Republican bill that would defund health care reform in order to prevent a government shut down. The Senate is expected to eliminate the Obamacare provision from the bill, and Cruz has called for filibustering to prevent the bill from being voted on — a plan that fellow Republicans have criticized in recent days.

"I'm confused," Wallace said on Sunday, asking Cruz, "Are you going to allow consideration of the bill... or are you going to block [the Senate] from even taking up a bill which you support?"

Cruz said that Senate Republicans could ask Harry Reid to require 60 votes in order to pass any amendments to the legislation, but said that he probably wouldn't agree because he wants to use "brute political force" to continue Obamacare.

Wallace seemed unconvinced. "It's Senate Rule 22…it says you say allow debate, that you can pass an amendment by a simple majority, that’s the rule," the Fox News host argued.

Later in the interview, Wallace also asked Cruz to address criticism from his fellow Republicans and what his "end game" will be if the Senate sends the bill back to the House without the Obamacare provision.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/22/chri...

Canadian Crazed Cruz is what his fellow party members are calling him....a FRAUD.

Love it when they eat their own. He has ZERO chance of winning the nomination, let alone winning the election. Besides, our next President is going to be a WOMAN. Payback is a .....haha

RIP GOP CONS

HILLARY 2016

ALISON 2014

DITCH MITCH
Tea Party Republican

Johnson City, TN

#124420 Sep 22, 2013
Another night of stupidity, and copy and paste! From the idiot of topix I see, maybe crow and calvin punkish will come along and make puke feel better about her sorryass life? Peace the hell out.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#124421 Sep 22, 2013
Tea Party Republican wrote:
Yea AL, quit looking at MSNBC!
ha ha ha ...
Discernment is the "key" ...
Along with 'common sense'...

That channel
NEVER gets air time on my tv ...

Believe
Half of what you SEE.
NONE of what you hear.

A "great" motto
to LIVE by.

~-~
true

Hyden, KY

#124422 Sep 22, 2013
Tea Party Republican wrote:
Yea AL, quit looking at MSNBC!
quit watching them ,just watch Alj..get whats happening.
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#124423 Sep 22, 2013
Lies is all their fright winged nuts have.

Bloggers say Warren Buffett recently turned against Obamacare

Conservative Internet bloggers are turning up three-year-old quotes from Warren Buffett and casting them as fresh evidence that American support is dwindling for President Barack Obama's health care law.

But the quotes are not properly identified as three years old and do not reflect Buffett's full thinking on the health care law.

It's unclear why or how the old quotes resurfaced.

But we started seeing the Buffett quotes in Facebook feeds on the morning of Sept. 17, 2013, after the Weekly Standard linked to it, starting its blog post, "You know things are bad for President Obama when even Warren Buffett has soured on Obamacare and says that 'we need something else.' "

The link went to a website called Money Morning, which posted an entry on Sept. 13 titled, "Buffett: Scrap Obamacare and Start All Over."

The post on the website includes quotes from Buffett, including:

• "Health care costs in the United States are like a tapeworm eating at our economic body."

• "We have a health system that, in terms of costs, is really out of control. And if you take this line and you project what has been happening into the future, we will get less and less competitive. So we need something else."

• "Attack the costs first, and then worry about expanding coverage. I would much rather see another plan that really attacks costs. And I think that's what the American public wants to see. I mean, the American public is not behind this bill."

The post goes on to paraphrase Buffett as saying he would scrap Obamacare and start over.

A variety of other conservative media outlets spotlighted the post in the past week as a development in the ongoing battle over the health care law, such as Wall Street Journal blogger James Taranto and Newsbusters.

But the comments come from an interview that Buffett, the chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., gave to CNBC on March 1, 2010 -- three and a half years ago, before the bill was signed.

Buffett's office told PolitiFact that the blog reports do not reflect his views. Buffett "has never said or thought that Obamacare should be scrapped," said Debbie Bosanek, Buffett's assistant. She said she showed him our research and that he said our analysis "covered it very well."

So what did Buffett say in 2010? They can be found in a Politico article published at the time that summarized the interview.
That article also includes other tidbits excluded from the more recent blog posts that paint a more nuanced picture of his views.

• Buffett was referring to a bill that was still pending in Congress. At the time of his comments, a bill had passed the Senate, but lawmakers were still deciding how to get it through the House, so he’d have reason to think his comments might carry some weight in bargaining over details. He was not referring to the law after it was on the books, and he did not make his comments with three and a half years of hindsight from looking at its implementation.

• Buffett said the bill he was criticizing was still worth passing despite its imperfections.

CONtinued:

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#124424 Sep 22, 2013
CONtinued:

According to Politico, Buffett was asked on CNBC whether he would be in favor of scrapping the Senate’s version of the health care bill; he responded: "I would be." However, Politico also noted "that while he does not like the Senate bill, he’d vote for it in preference to doing nothing."

Buffett said in the interview, "If it was a choice today between plan A, which is what we've got, or plan B,… the Senate bill, I would vote for the Senate bill. But I would much rather see a plan C that really attacks costs."

It’s worth noting that in July 2012, just after the Supreme Court upheld the health care law, Buffett told Bloomberg TV that the court made the right decision.

Invoking the same metaphor, Buffett said health care is "the tapeworm, essentially, of the American economy, and we have not dealt with that yet." But he added, "Obamacare is a step in the right direction in many ways."

Shortly after we started looking into the blog posts, the Weekly Standard added an "update" to its post. It said, "It appears that Buffett made his anti-Obamacare comments in 2010, thereby showing that he, like most of the American people, has opposed Obamacare since even before it was passed — a point that Mark Hemingway addressed yesterday in response to USA Today’s implication that Americans’ widespread dislike of Obamacare is mostly attributable to Republicans’ efforts to fight it."

We sent inquiries to the Weekly Standard and Money Morning but did not hear back. We also sent an inquiry to Buffett and will publish a comment if he offers one.

Our ruling
A variety of blogs reprinted an item indicating that Warren Buffett recently said "Scrap Obamacare and Start All Over." However, the comments came from an interview in 2010, when the health care bill was still being debated, and are not based on the subsequent three and a half years of seeing the law implemented. If anything, comments by Buffett in 2012 suggest that he’s pleased to see the law being put into effect, despite the shortcomings he sees. The notion that Buffett had recently turned on a president he supported by souring on his signature health care law could have been easily debunked using Google searches. We rate the claim Pants on Fire.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...

PANTS OF FIRE....liars

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#124426 Sep 22, 2013
Fauxbox news

Believe
NOTHING of what you SEE.
NOTHING of what you hear.

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
Notsofast

Switzerland

#124427 Sep 22, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
CONtinued:
According to Politico, Buffett was asked on CNBC whether he would be in favor of scrapping the Senate’s version of the health care bill; he responded: "I would be." However, Politico also noted "that while he does not like the Senate bill, he’d vote for it in preference to doing nothing."
Buffett said in the interview, "If it was a choice today between plan A, which is what we've got, or plan B,… the Senate bill, I would vote for the Senate bill. But I would much rather see a plan C that really attacks costs."
It’s worth noting that in July 2012, just after the Supreme Court upheld the health care law, Buffett told Bloomberg TV that the court made the right decision.
Invoking the same metaphor, Buffett said health care is "the tapeworm, essentially, of the American economy, and we have not dealt with that yet." But he added, "Obamacare is a step in the right direction in many ways."
Shortly after we started looking into the blog posts, the Weekly Standard added an "update" to its post. It said, "It appears that Buffett made his anti-Obamacare comments in 2010, thereby showing that he, like most of the American people, has opposed Obamacare since even before it was passed — a point that Mark Hemingway addressed yesterday in response to USA Today’s implication that Americans’ widespread dislike of Obamacare is mostly attributable to Republicans’ efforts to fight it."

We sent inquiries to the Weekly Standard and Money Morning but did not hear back. We also sent an inquiry to Buffett and will publish a comment if he offers one.

Our ruling
A variety of blogs reprinted an item indicating that Warren Buffett recently said "Scrap Obamacare and Start All Over." However, the comments came from an interview in 2010, when the health care bill was still being debated, and are not based on the subsequent three and a half years of seeing the law implemented. If anything, comments by Buffett in 2012 suggest that he’s pleased to see the law being put into effect, despite the shortcomings he sees. The notion that Buffett had recently turned on a president he supported by souring on his signature health care law could have been easily debunked using Google searches. We rate the claim Pants on Fire.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...
PANTS OF FIRE....liars
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
Next time I get a chance to talk with old WB, I will tell him he better comment on that inquiry. Seems you are providing articles stating he has commented with an opinion already . I will tell him about your posts. Thanks for the load of crap posted as the truth. Do you get all your news from comedy? Teeheeeereeeahteeeeeeheeee. PRICELESS.
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#124429 Sep 22, 2013
(VIDEO)Ted Cruz Reveals Desperate Plan to Defund Obamacare:“Shut Down the Military”

Its official: The Republican Party’s Obamacare Derangement Syndrome has reached a dangerous new level as Ted Cruz has revealed the GOP’s newest and most pathetic last-ditch desperation attempt to defund the Supreme Court-approved Affordable Care Act (Obamacare): Forcing President Obama to “shut down the military” if he insists on getting congress to actually do its job, funding bills passed by Congress and signed by the President.

If you can bear his smugness, watch the video of him showing off his new strategy of domestic terrorism against the American people below. Their anti-Obamacare act has gone from a monumental hissy-fit to a dangerous game of chicken with America’s credit rating, economy, and security. We must expose them for what they are: dangerous ideologues unfit to govern America.

http://www.occupydemocrats.com/videoted-cruz-...

Yeah, just give them an IOU

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
what

Hyden, KY

#124430 Sep 22, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
Fauxbox news
Believe
NOTHING of what you SEE.
NOTHING of what you hear.
RIP GOP CONS
DITCH MITCH
you trying to do to us poor folks? i had to go to the DR.mashed my thumb.they took me in took my blood pressure ,put me on a scale.then sent me to a little room.in came the DR.he said let me look at your knees i let him look at both knees.he said ok and gave me a cheap bandage.i said doc what does my knees have to do with my thumb?he smiled and said you are a tea, or a dem. or a ind.you have no money.as i was leaving this other guy he was looking at his knees .DR.said ok what's your problem? he said my but hurts.get on the table.i said DR.before i go just one more question .how can you tell by looking at the knees .he smiled and said you have no carpet burns.
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#124431 Sep 22, 2013
Have fun talking to yourself bobbyvernsocks, maybe the loon will keep you company.

I have a comfy big bed, cool breeze through the window, and a big fluffy pillow waiting for me. I had another day of too much fun.

Too bad you can't get out and get fresh air and enjoy good company. Don't be crying bobbysocks. Oh and be sure to stomp those icons. It so validates your pathetic life.

Enjoy your nightmares, I will be enjoying me pleasant dreams. I hope my lib friends enjoys theirs too.

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH

“Heaven doesn't want me.”

Since: Jul 13

Hell's afraid I'll take over.

#124434 Sep 23, 2013
Good morning RC Co-Cola (and any other libtart pals)- excellent articles last night! Way to sink their Warren Buffett battleship! You're absolutely right, all they've got is lies, yet they keep repeating them over and over...and over. They'll post some ridiculous "fact", one of us disproves it, then a few pages later they're posting the exact same crap. Then as a last recourse they pull crusty socks out of the drawer to spin even bigger lies.

Anyhoo....busy days ahead for me, so I'll stop in when I can. As always, it's a pleasure to read the intelligent articles and rebuttals that you and the other Dems/Libs/Indys have posted.

Hope you have a great week!
Hellfarr

United States

#124435 Sep 23, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
Republicans in the House of Representatives narrowly voted to eliminate nearly $40 billion in food stamp funding that provides poor families with a way to stave off starvation.
Using snap cards to buy red bull, shopping carts full of soda pop, ice cream off the shwaans truck, and trading for cigarettes and gas isn't staving off starvation, it's fraud, waste, and abuse.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#124437 Sep 23, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
flagged as cross-posted re-direction spam

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#124438 Sep 23, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Former Constitutional Law Lecturer and U.S. President Makes Up Constitutional Quotes During State Of The Union (SOTU) Address.
Consider this:
1. President Barack Obama, former editor of the Harvard Law Review, is no longer a "lawyer". He surrendered his license back in 2008 in order to escape charges he lied on his bar application. A "Voluntary Surrender" is not something where you decide "Gee, a license is not really something I need anymore, is it?" and forget to renew your license. No, a "Voluntary Surrender" is something you do when you've been accused of something, and you 'voluntarily surrender" your license five seconds before the state suspends you.
2 Michelle Obama "voluntarily surrendered" her law license in 1993. after a Federal Judge gave her the choice between surrendering her license or standing trial for Insurance fraud!
3. So, we have the first black President and First Lady - who don't actually have licenses to practice law. Facts.
Source: http://jdlong.wordpress.com/2009/05/15/pres-b...
4. A senior lecturer is one thing, a fully ranked law professor is another. Barack Obama was NOT a Constitutional Law Professor at the University of Chicago.
Does anyone bother with actual facts anymore?
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/lawlicen...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 13 min Grimes Works For ... 7,071
Stealing from child's grave 28 min D Rogers 1
who knows Lecora Smith???? 41 min its me bitches 9
knox board of ed raising taxes 59 min Five cents 113
mike trent 1 hr Blonde 9
barbourville utitlities ripoff 1 hr momcani 5
David Thompson 1 hr Info 2
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]