'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 239701 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#124049 Sep 20, 2013
Is the White House now, announcing that hidden within the script are poison pill clauses?
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#124051 Sep 20, 2013
The Crazy Party

Early this year, Bobby Jindal, the governor of Louisiana, made headlines by telling his fellow Republicans that they needed to stop being the “stupid party.” Unfortunately, Mr. Jindal failed to offer any constructive suggestions about how they might do that. And, in the months that followed, he himself proceeded to say and do a number of things that were, shall we say, not especially smart.

Nonetheless, Republicans did follow his advice. In recent months, the G.O.P. seems to have transitioned from being the stupid party to being the crazy party.

Today, by contrast, Republicans are coming off an election in which they failed to retake the presidency despite a weak economy, failed to retake the Senate even though far more Democratic than Republican seats were at risk, and held the House only through a combination of gerrymandering and the vagaries of districting. Democrats actually won the popular ballot for the House by 1.4 million votes. This is not a party that, by any conceivable standard of legitimacy, has the right to make extreme demands on the president.

Yet, at the moment, it seems highly likely that the Republican Party will refuse to fund the government, forcing a shutdown at the beginning of next month, unless President Obama dismantles the health reform that is the signature achievement of his presidency. Republican leaders realize that this is a bad idea, but, until recently, their notion of preaching moderation was to urge party radicals not to hold America hostage over the federal budget so they could wait a few weeks and hold it hostage over the debt ceiling instead. Now they’ve given up even on that delaying tactic. The latest news is that John Boehner, the speaker of the House, has abandoned his efforts to craft a face-saving climbdown on the budget, which means that we’re all set for shutdown, possibly followed by debt crisis.

So now we get to witness the hilarious spectacle of Karl Rove in The Wall Street Journal, pleading with Republicans to recognize the reality that Obamacare can’t be defunded. Why hilarious? Because Mr. Rove and his colleagues have spent decades trying to ensure that the Republican base lives in an alternate reality defined by Rush Limbaugh and Fox News. Can we say “hoist with their own petard”?

Of course, the coming confrontations are likely to damage America as a whole, not just the Republican brand. But, you know, this political moment of truth was going to happen sooner or later. We might as well have it now.

Read more:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/20/opinion/kru...

Stupid and crazy = TEABAGGING GOP CONS (RIP)

DITCH MITCH

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#124052 Sep 20, 2013
RayOne wrote:
Is the White House now, announcing that hidden within the script are poison pill clauses?
Of course! What good would a script be without a poison pill clause?
DUH!
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#124053 Sep 20, 2013
Morning Joe Panel Agrees: The GOP is Doomed… Again

The regular guests on MSNBC’s Morning Joe are in perfect agreement: the Republican Party is walking into a trap of its own making. The internecine feud within the GOP over whether to pursue a strategy of defunding the Affordable Care Act in the political fight over a continuing resolution to fund the government is, in the eyes of Morning Joe’s guests, a self-inflicted wound from which the GOP may never recover. Sure, the panel guests on Washington D.C.’s favorite morning show have predicted the imminent demise of the Republican Party in the past, but this time it’s different.

On Thursday, former Republican strategist and John McCain campaign veteran Nicole Wallace summoned every ounce of condescension in her power when she criticized the pro-defund Republicans by equating them with young children eager to run directly into oncoming traffic.

“When Republicans run into the street, despite the fact that there is a flashing red light, they will get hit by the cars and killed,” Wallace observed.“So, this is stupid politically.”

“We’re actually at a moment as Republicans where even Bernie Sanders has described our party has on the offense, and now we’ll let our party run into moving traffic against a red light? It’s idiotic,” she concluded.

The Republican Party may yet overreach and the fight over the CR and the subsequent battle over the increase in the debt ceiling just may deliver the party a significant, though not fatal, blow.

But this brinkmanship could also come to be seen as a deft political maneuver through the lens of posterity. While many political analysts can envision the circumstances which would result in both success and failure for the opposition party, the Morning Joe crew can only see doom in the GOP’s future.

Read more:
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/morning-joe-panel-...

Yep, DOOMED...

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#124054 Sep 20, 2013
O’Reilly Clashes with Tea Party Head Over Defunding Obamacare:‘Not Going To Happen’

BIll O’Reilly admitted Thursday he sees no possible way Obamacare could possibly be defunded in the current political climate. Tea Party Express chair Amy Kremer insisted it’s a cause worth fighting, but O’Reilly said so long as the Senate is held by the Democrats and President Obama is in the White House, a defunding of the president’s signature piece of legislation is not going to happen.

O’Reilly said any defunding attempt is “impossible,” especially considering the GOP’s understanding that independents will turn against them if the government shuts down. He called it “destructive” to the conservative cause, and was completely baffled by how she could possibly think defunding Obamacare would be successful. Kremer claimed that they could easily push red-state Democrats to their side.

Brad Blakeman agreed with O’Reilly, questioning how anyone could think Obama would just “wave the white flag” on a law he pushed so hard for. Kremer insisted that the only people who want to shut down the government are Democrats. O’Reilly sighed,“I don’t know what I have to do… to tell you not going to happen.”

O’Reilly kept insisting to Kremer that the risk of Republican backlash is too great for them to be successful, putting him odds with a conservative media largely calling on tea party Republicans to keep fighting it.

Watch the video below, via Fox News:
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/oreilly-clashes-wi...

Yep, ole Bill is right...‘Not Going To Happen’

IT IS LAW

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#124055 Sep 20, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course! What good would a script be without a poison pill clause?
DUH!
The "death panels" quitter palin was talking about? hahaha

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

“Heaven doesn't want me.”

Since: Jul 13

Hell's afraid I'll take over.

#124056 Sep 20, 2013
Jay wrote:
You refuse to admit that Obamacare is causing distress in this country among many. You see hospitals closing across the country and still confirm that this healthcare is a good thing. You don't go to separate polls which tell you flatly that more than half the country is opposed to this new health care disaster.

Talk to the people who have seen a 2% deductions in their wages....like the little waitresses trying to make a living at tips to compensate for the loss in deductions. Go ahead, talk to them, we did.

Talk to people who live in the real world and they are not happy by any extent with this administration, this congress and this senate, nor this president....children who are wearing garage sale clothes and mom's swapping on web sites for second hand shoes for their little ones.

Then tell us how great your pension is and how wonderful it is to swim in a pool and cook out steaks!
Nice speech. Unfortunately it's mostly BS.

Those most distressed by Affordable Care are hospital, insurance and pharmaceutical execs in danger of losing their ginormous salaries and bonuses. Do a little research on healthcare CEO compensation...they're distressed, all right, because Affordable Care is going to put a dent in their pockets. Those "hospitals across the country (that) are closing" are mostly the ones that serve poor urban and rural areas and it's been going on since your boy Reagan's trickle down economics. The fact is that poor people die because they can't afford healthcare, and new hospitals are only being built in wealthy districts. The only people opposed to Affordable Care are the ones who have listened to the incendiary rhetoric spouted by your comrades. If you've even spoken to any "real people" you've probably scared the crap out of them with your regressive half-truths and outright lies. Anyone who's actually done any research on the bill itself recognizes that in fact, it doesn't do enough to curb the outrageous greediness of today's corporate healthcare. Not that you'll actually read it, but Stephen Brill's Time Magazine article "Bitter Pill: Why Healthcare Costs Are Killing Us" should be required reading for you and your bunch. You've mentioned that you've "visited" hospitals...well I've worked in them for years, and I can tell you that his expose is right on the money. Uninformed idiot.

As for the "little waitresses"...unless you were eating in an establishment that caters to the vertically challenged or disregards child labor laws, that term is incredibly offensive. I notice you didn't sympathize with "little waiters" or "little busboys", so tell me Jay, were you being condescending to food and beverage workers in general, or just women? And where were you when the House killed the minimum wage bill back in March, that would have given those folks a chance at actually making ends meet? Hypocrite.

What the hell's wrong with wearing hand-me-downs? Name brand children's clothes are outrageously expensive, and the moms and grandmothers I know are overjoyed to find them at garage sales. Let me guess...it's only the new, name brand stuff for your family, right? It would be beneath your exalted status to wear second hand clothes? Elitist.

Finally, as for RC's comments about her retirement, I say good for her! She made good choices years ago and it's paying off. Personally, I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and some chips for supper last night, but I'm sincerely happy for RC that she can enjoy whatever benefits her years of hard work have provided for her. I choose to farm, which is an expensive habit, but I accept responsibility for that choice. So if you're not living as well as RC, that's due to *your* choices, and you have no one to blame but yourself. Putz.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#124063 Sep 20, 2013
ObamaCARE poison bill healthcare deeming seems more than counterintuitive, who is he working for?
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#124065 Sep 20, 2013
Hello Crow,

Great response for jboy. BRAVO

And thanks for the kudos for me. I did work hard starting my senior year in high school for the gov't and believe me I had to put up with a lot of bullshit. You know strong opinionated women aren't much welcomed in that man's world. I know all federal employees suffered immensely during the bush/cheney/rumsfield attack on federal employees to put their BIG CORPS contractors in place. See where that has gotten them. Rumsfield wanted to "get out of the people business" as he put it when we marched on DC to protest contracting out and giving exclusive "no bid" contracts to their cronies and foreign companies. I am so glad to have gotten out with a pretty good size incentive on buy outs. Now they are downsizing and sending them home with their paid in retirements only or just sending them home. It is a mess on the base I am close to and my friends and past co-workers say it is very depressing and that was without the pending gov't shutdown. It is a ripple effect that effects us all, too bad those on the fright right can't see they will also be affected. Gloom and doom will be the CONS demise. Watch and see. Even some of my republican friends are disgusted with the antics of the teabagging CONS. Hate to tell the I told you so. Watch them wake up just in time for elections and red states turn blue. Hate it for them and there will probably be more of the same of Navy Shipyard shootings as people are sent over the edge when others seen it coming and did nothing.

With Obamacare (romneycare), by election time people will see the lie and welcome the changes for their health and wallet while BIG PHARMA as you stated will have to comply, no longer making people poor due to medical bills. And yet, those CONS have no plan of their own to offer. They have nothing period but fright gloom and doom tactics to fool their followers. It amazes me people just take some talking head pundit or crazed teabagger's word for anything without at least researching it for themselves. Poor misguided fools.

I think ole jboy has been reading and hanging onto every word the crazed loon posts while sniffing her butt. haha He is her biggest fan and chemtrail right behind him. lol

Hope you are enjoying the beautiful day and nice breeze. I have been in and out all day, taking a break and reading the news or checking fb, email, and topix.

I see what general bobbysocks was implying about the pawn shop, the shooting I guess. What a lowlife to make light of killings and schools on lockdown. I guess I missed the loon's breaking news. She dwells on death, don't she. Morbid loon.

Have a great day.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#124066 Sep 20, 2013
Didn't have to tell the mods about your disgusting lowlife tactics. They are watching you. Keep it up. Hope you are gone permanently real soon. Loser poser. Keep spinning. It is all you have to make you feel like a real man huh? Coward

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH THE SOCKS
&
DITCH MITCH

“Heaven doesn't want me.”

Since: Jul 13

Hell's afraid I'll take over.

#124067 Sep 20, 2013
Hey RC Co-Cola, glad you liked my post, thank you! You can certainly hold your own with these morons, what really got me was that "little waitresses" remark - shows just exactly how little respect his kind has for workers *and* women.

I did notice the imposter is using different locations now - wonder if they banned the overseas one? Hope so. I wish whoever's judging his posts would stop, though. It's like Newport said last night, and I said a few days ago - ignoring them is the best way to go. The less attention they get the quicker they go away. Starve the fungus...lol!

Beautiful day here, which is good, but no rain, which is bad :/ I've got to get back to work, so I'll see you later, tater. Hope you have a great afternoon!
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#124069 Sep 20, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
Hey RC Co-Cola, glad you liked my post, thank you! You can certainly hold your own with these morons, what really got me was that "little waitresses" remark - shows just exactly how little respect his kind has for workers *and* women.
I did notice the imposter is using different locations now - wonder if they banned the overseas one? Hope so. I wish whoever's judging his posts would stop, though. It's like Newport said last night, and I said a few days ago - ignoring them is the best way to go. The less attention they get the quicker they go away. Starve the fungus...lol!
Beautiful day here, which is good, but no rain, which is bad :/ I've got to get back to work, so I'll see you later, tater. Hope you have a great afternoon!
I am not wasting my time clicking any icons of theirs, they only change them back anyway.

I know what you mean about the waitress slur. My niece works her butt off at big chain restaurant for less than minimum wage and has to rely mostly on tips. Her husband works for the state and they do well. She works mostly to pay for the expense of having horses and luckily has great customers who will wait until her area has a table just to be served by her. She is awesome. They are great tippers and at Christmas even bring her a card with money in it. People are so cheap when tipping their servers. I have the utmost respect for them. It is hard work. I wouldn't want to do it.

Hope to see you here later for some laughs. I am sure they won't disappoint us.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
SYL

Ashland, KY

#124070 Sep 20, 2013
OZombies wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry w...!!
You are one individual here that's not calling anyone names. Always very polite.
Yes, Obama did say with his 'green energy' and clean air, the 'electricity will sky rocket'. That was his words.
Btw, Nikola Tesla wanted everyone to have FREE energy, you know like air...J.P. Morgan asked Tesla,'so how are we going to charge'?????????
Tesla was suspicion when his lab burned in Colorado Springs, he was suspicious...it was
J.P. Morgan. Tesla lost alot.
Yes, with Obama, everything is going up...I'm surprise liberals don't charge for air we breathe?
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! Don't give them any ideals! LOL!

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#124071 Sep 20, 2013
SYL wrote:
<quoted text>
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! Don't give them any ideals! LOL!
A Republican against capitalism.
Interesting.
ANON

UK

#124073 Sep 20, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
A Republican against capitalism.
Interesting.
Quite an interesting lot on this thread
I'd say.

Cheers
Jay

Springville, TN

#124074 Sep 20, 2013
CROW....MY RESPONSE:

Your post is so incredibly presumptive I don't even know where to begin. Presume all you want, you loser! For your information you sure like to read into someone's posts and design your own response when something being said does not sink in your pompous brain.

The seven hospital's that closed in Texas, when Ron Paul announced that during his campaign era, was because of Mexican's coming over the border, birthing babies, of which they could not refuse, then blowing back to Mexico leaving enormous hospital bills. Now, I didn't say that did I? Ron Paul did, since he was working in OB and delivering babies at the time this shit was going on!

As for ACA, Obama has exempted, not only his own family and the Pelosi family, but huge numbers of people working in the government, etc., too many to list here for the reasons given. Check that out yourself, uninformed idiot!

There's not a damn thing wrong with wearing hand me down or garage sale items. My daughter does it all the time. These young gals on swap sell adorable baby items and clothes and by doing so help each other out. No name brand stuff is not only for my family you presumptive idiot. But I have no problem handing my daughter a few bills, or splitting the cost or buying baby needs like car seats and big items with my kids. The deal is, you pick it out and we will pay half the price (either or) since these items are necessary and we want this baby as protected as possible! Looney imaginative idiot!!

The little waitress I referred to works at the Huddle House...yeah a vertically challenged restaurant that only nutcases patronize. She is not a friend, but knows us from the times we eat there. I know she has a little girl about five that she has in daycare, due to a deadbeat dad who skips out on his child support. At the time she told us about her 2% Obama tax increase she was joined by a middle age woman manager agreeing with her, as her check was smaller, too. She also told us that when Obamacare goes into affect she knows she has no way to be able to afford the premium! Yes I did sympathize with her and that's why we leave her a tip over and above the amount of our check. You presumptive do-gooder!

We also made good decisions years ago in Civil Service ( none of your business what that was)! We invested wisely and now can afford to give to whomever we wish, and including our kids!

I started working after school and on Saturday at 14 in a grocery store, so you have nothing on me there. I paid for my own car when the time came and my own insurance...tra la la! We also chose to have a farm, horses and field of Charolais and the babies.....tra la la, among a host of other farm type animals on over 100 acres, tra la la.

I love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, too! Putz!

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#124075 Sep 20, 2013
Joe wrote:
Tea party are tea baggers and fox news is some the worst news on tv
Too bad America don't agree with you pookie. You are eating too many sour grapes.
spOko

Oakland, CA

#124082 Sep 20, 2013
Jay wrote:
CROW....MY RESPONSE:
Your post is so incredibly presumptive I don't even know where to begin. Presume all you want, you loser! For your information you sure like to read into someone's posts and design your own response when something being said does not sink in your pompous brain.
The seven hospital's that closed in Texas, when Ron Paul announced that during his campaign era, was because of Mexican's coming over the border, birthing babies, of which they could not refuse, then blowing back to Mexico leaving enormous hospital bills. Now, I didn't say that did I? Ron Paul did, since he was working in OB and delivering babies at the time this shit was going on!
Let's take a look at your enormous stupidity and hatred of Mexicans! Pregnant Mexican women are crossing the dessert, taking several days, by the hoards to have their babies delivered and then turn back to Mexico. Now consider the plight of female migrants, suffering atrocious abuses at the hands of their smugglers: they are robbed, sexually assaulted or simply abandoned in the desert. The enormity of such an absurdity can only come from the deranged mind of a right-wingnuz troglodyte!! Clearly you are suffering from acute right-wingnuz stupidity!!
Jay wrote:
As for ACA, Obama has exempted, not only his own family and the Pelosi family, but huge numbers of people working in the government, etc., too many to list here for the reasons given. Check that out yourself, uninformed idiot!
There's not a damn thing wrong with wearing hand me down or garage sale items. My daughter does it all the time. These young gals on swap sell adorable baby items and clothes and by doing so help each other out. No name brand stuff is not only for my family you presumptive idiot. But I have no problem handing my daughter a few bills, or splitting the cost or buying baby needs like car seats and big items with my kids. The deal is, you pick it out and we will pay half the price (either or) since these items are necessary and we want this baby as protected as possible! Looney imaginative idiot!!
The little waitress I referred to works at the Huddle House...yeah a vertically challenged restaurant that only nutcases patronize. She is not a friend, but knows us from the times we eat there. I know she has a little girl about five that she has in daycare, due to a deadbeat dad who skips out on his child support. At the time she told us about her 2% Obama tax increase she was joined by a middle age woman manager agreeing with her, as her check was smaller, too. She also told us that when Obamacare goes into affect she knows she has no way to be able to afford the premium! Yes I did sympathize with her and that's why we leave her a tip over and above the amount of our check. You presumptive do-gooder!
We also made good decisions years ago in Civil Service ( none of your business what that was)! We invested wisely and now can afford to give to whomever we wish, and including our kids!
I started working after school and on Saturday at 14 in a grocery store, so you have nothing on me there. I paid for my own car when the time came and my own insurance...tra la la! We also chose to have a farm, horses and field of Charolais and the babies.....tra la la, among a host of other farm type animals on over 100 acres, tra la la.
I love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, too! Putz!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#124083 Sep 20, 2013
RayOne wrote:
ObamaCARE poison bill healthcare deeming seems more than counterintuitive, who is he working for?
Left up to Republicans over 40 years ago there would never have been Medicare. Same thing with ObamaCare.
.
Ronald Reagan:“[I]f you don’t [stop Medicare] and I don’t do it, one of these days you and I are going to spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it once was like in America when men were free.”[1961]
George H.W. Bush: Described Medicare in 1964 as “socialized medicine.”[1964]
Barry Goldwater:“Having given our pensioners their medical care in kind, why not food baskets, why not public housing accommodations, why not vacation resorts, why not a ration of cigarettes for those who smoke and of beer for those who drink.”[1964]
Bob Dole: In 1996, while running for the Presidency, Dole openly bragged that he was one of 12 House members who voted against creating Medicare in 1965.“I was there, fighting the fight, voting against Medicare ... because we knew it wouldn’t work in 1965.”[1965]
Jay

Springville, TN

#124084 Sep 20, 2013
spOko wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's take a look at your enormous stupidity and hatred of Mexicans! Pregnant Mexican women are crossing the dessert, taking several days, by the hoards to have their babies delivered and then turn back to Mexico. Now consider the plight of female migrants, suffering atrocious abuses at the hands of their smugglers: they are robbed, sexually assaulted or simply abandoned in the desert. The enormity of such an absurdity can only come from the deranged mind of a right-wingnuz troglodyte!! Clearly you are suffering from acute right-wingnuz stupidity!!<quoted text>
**********
Oh so now I hate Mexicans, eh frank?! I wondered how long it would take someone to politically correct me and charge me with prejudice!

The fact that Mexican women or women in general continue to risk rape, life and limb is due to you left wing fanatics who refuse to close the border and tell their friggin' presidente, who by the way lives in a mansion on our money - that he needs to take the money we give him and help his countrymen and women with assistance and jobs. Pay them decent wages so they can support their families and they just friggin' might choose to stay in the country of their birth.

That *assole* blames us for everything wrong with his country, and still we give and give and give, and he takes and takes and takes and lives a glorious life while his people suffer!

Get a clue, frank!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Quarterback 3 min Mean Joe 4
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 min CriminalForever 151,927
women 22 min guy 4
does anyone know micheal and junior sproles fro... (Jun '13) 2 hr Jim 4
Whose the 2 guys at Sav a lot all the time? 3 hr Truth 7
Whatever happened to the Eye Dr. Gregory? 5 hr Eye Candy 10
Higher Property Taxes 5 hr Shame 23
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? 5 hr Top 52

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages