'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 289004 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#121018 Sep 5, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning RC Co-Cola! Agreed on all points.
Hope you're having a great morning. I've actually got time to have an extra cup of coffee and read the paper, so life is good...lol.
I'm sure you've seen them (you're always miles ahead of me on this stuff!), but there are some really good articles about Mamaw's silence on Syria. This was one of my favorites, about Alison's remarks:
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/house-rac...
Hey Crow, good morning to you. Beautiful day huh. I got out early while it was cool and worked in the garden and flowers. Mowers are here now getting the grass. I love the smell of the earth and grass. And rain. I hope we get a little today so I don't have to water this evening.

Yeah, I figure old turtle man has his thin aging lips mum trying to figure out who's ass to kiss, the GRAND OLD Party of NO or the teabaggers. He is damned if he does, damned if he don't. Guess he is letting GRANDrand speak for him since he has licked his shoes for an endorsement after backing Trey Grayson and posting all the GRAND facts about him back in 2009. hahaha Bet he is squirming trying to figure it out. Bevin is like a stalking lion waiting to pounce on him and Alison is sitting back saving ad dollars and watching them eat their own. She is one smart lady.

From the article:

Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes, referring to McConnell, told The Hill that “being mum on issues of national security is not being a leader.”(he is no leader)

McConnell has not released any statements regarding a possible military strike against Syria.(waiting on orders from the teabaggers what he should say hahahaha)

McConnell is already facing a challenge from the right in local businessman Matt Bevin, and may want to avoid aggravating tensions with Tea Party conservatives who see him as too much of a GOP establishment figure.(love watching them eat their own)

What did you think about all the posts removed. I bet the )8~D> batshit crazy loon and her minions were out of control with the hate and racism posts eh? haha

Hope you have a great day. I plan to get out this afternoon and do some shopping. Just chilling right now.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#121019 Sep 5, 2013
haha, Guess he isn't a TEABAGGER per say..hahaha I wouldn't claim those nutjobs either if I were him. Smart man.

McConnell challenger: Don't call me Tea Party

Sen. Mitch McConnell's (R-Ky.) conservative primary challenger insisted on Thursday that he's not a Tea Party candidate — despite enjoying enthusiastic support from members of the conservative movement.

Kentucky Republican Senate candidate Matt Bevin, whose campaign to unseat Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky) has drawn endorsements from several state and national conservative groups, on Thursday disavowed connnections to the grassroots conservative movement.

In an in appearance on MSNBC, Bevin said he neither considers himself a member of the Tea Party, nor has he ever attended any Tea Party meetings.

"I'm a Republican, I'm running in a Republican primary," Bevin said, adding: "I've never been a member of a Tea Party."

"I never went to any Tea Party meetings, although I am fiscally very much in like mind and grateful for and appreciative of the support of anybody, no matter what group they might be part of."

The United Kentucky Tea Party (UKTP), made up of nearly 20 local Kentucky Tea Parties, endorsed Bevin soon after he announced he would challenge McConnell in the Republican primary.

Despite Bevin's comments, UKTP spokesman Scott Hofstra said he wasn't surprised and indicated his group wouldn't withdraw its support. Hofstra said he believed Bevin's decision to distance himself from the Tea Party was a strategic one.

"It doesn't come as a surprise at all. It was something that we talked about when we decided to support Matt," Hofstra told The Hill. "He's trying to appeal to a broader base than just Tea Party voters."

Hofstra suggested that if Bevin is "pigeonholed" as the Tea Party candidate, some Republican primary voters might not consider voting for him because of the negative connotation an affiliation to the movement may carry.

Though Bevin has gained some traction among Tea Party groups locally, a number of national conservative groups have yet to weigh in on the race, and McConnell is still heavily favored to win his primary.

He released internal polling last month that gave him more than triple Bevin's support among Republican primary voters, and has worked to shore up his right flank. McConnell has been endorsed Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), a Tea Party favorite.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/senate-ra...

DEMS want turtleman to win though according to this story. hahaha

Democrats for once, are rooting for McConnell in Senate primary
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/317491-d...

RIP TEABAGGING GOP

DITCH MITCH

“Heaven doesn't want me.”

Since: Jul 13

Hell's afraid I'll take over.

#121020 Sep 5, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Crow, good morning to you. Beautiful day huh. I got out early while it was cool and worked in the garden and flowers. Mowers are here now getting the grass. I love the smell of the earth and grass. And rain. I hope we get a little today so I don't have to water this evening.
Yeah, I figure old turtle man has his thin aging lips mum trying to figure out who's ass to kiss, the GRAND OLD Party of NO or the teabaggers. He is damned if he does, damned if he don't. Guess he is letting GRANDrand speak for him since he has licked his shoes for an endorsement after backing Trey Grayson and posting all the GRAND facts about him back in 2009. hahaha Bet he is squirming trying to figure it out. Bevin is like a stalking lion waiting to pounce on him and Alison is sitting back saving ad dollars and watching them eat their own. She is one smart lady.
From the article:
Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes, referring to McConnell, told The Hill that “being mum on issues of national security is not being a leader.”(he is no leader)
McConnell has not released any statements regarding a possible military strike against Syria.(waiting on orders from the teabaggers what he should say hahahaha)
McConnell is already facing a challenge from the right in local businessman Matt Bevin, and may want to avoid aggravating tensions with Tea Party conservatives who see him as too much of a GOP establishment figure.(love watching them eat their own)
What did you think about all the posts removed. I bet the )8~D> batshit crazy loon and her minions were out of control with the hate and racism posts eh? haha
Hope you have a great day. I plan to get out this afternoon and do some shopping. Just chilling right now.
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
Yes it is a beautiful day. No rain in the forecast here, but we got plenty over the weekend so we're in good shape. Speaking of gardening, have you researched the Back To Eden methods? If you haven't, check them out, I think you'd find it interesting. It's totally organic, and this is going to sound a little strange, but it's spiritual as well. Here's the original video, but there's lots of sites on it, some that show the increase in yield, etc.:

http://www.backtoedenfilm.com/

I didn't find this until too late for my garden this year, but I'm sure going to experiment with it next year.

Yeah, I saw where some posts had been removed. One of them was mine (lol) where I replied to Swiss Miss when he said that the guys in suits were coming for me. Pretty bold talk for somebody that has to keep changing their ISP's....heh. Well, they'll know where to find me, anyway. I gave all the agencies my name, address and phone number. If the Old Hippies Union ever finds out I gave my info to "The Man", they'll revoke my membership...LOL!
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#121021 Sep 5, 2013

NRA joins ACLU lawsuit, claims NSA starting 'gun registry'

The National Rifle Association joined the American Civil Liberties Union's lawsuit on Wednesday to end the government's massive phone record collection program.

In a brief filed in federal court, the NRA argues that the National Security Agency's database of phone records amounts to a "national gun registry."

The NSA argues that Congress authorized the phone data surveillance with Section 215 of the Patriot Act, which allows for the collection of business records "relevant" to terrorism.

In its filing, the gun-rights group claims that the NSA's database would allow the government to identify and track gun owners based on whether they've called gun stores, shooting ranges or the NRA.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-valley/tech...

HAHA, Christmas is around the corner and must increase those gun sales. What a bunch of propaganda to get gloom and doom paranoids to jump on their "their coming to take our guns away" bandwagon. Watch the teabagging gop'rs swallow that hook, line and sinker. Bunch of dumbasses, played for the fools they are.

For 5 years you have been told Obama is gonna knock on your door and take your guns.
And for 5 years gun manufacturers have enjoyed record profits
How does it feel to be played for suckers?

They aren't coming for your guns. They are coming for you Social Security Check. PAY ATTENTION SUCKERS.

hahaha, brainwashed loser lemmings fall for it every time.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
American Lady

Danville, KY

#121023 Sep 5, 2013
14TH MEMBER OF CONGRESS TALKS IMPEACHMENT
Lawmaker: Syrian strike on Obama's orders only would violate law
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/09/14th-member-of-con...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#121029 Sep 5, 2013
SYL wrote:
<quoted text>
If shes such a bore, why does what she says excite you so much?
Most people, when they are bored with something, leave it alone and go about some other interest. But not you air heads. You are here day after day,after day, after day. Something she says keeps your attention and excites you to no end.
Hi Syl ...
Great to see you :)
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#121030 Sep 5, 2013
An Antiwar Activist Searches for a Way to Support a Strike on Syria

Like many Democrats, Iraq opponent and Vietnam protester Gerald Connolly now wants to back President Obama's call to attack.

It was 1968. His heroes Bobby Kennedy and Martin Luther King Jr. were dead. The Vietnam War raged on. Gerald Connolly, a native of Boston, now a House member from Virginia, walked to Fenway Park to listen to folk and blues music from Pete Seeger and B.B. King, and to listen as presidential candidate Eugene McCarthy pledged to end the war if elected. A self-described "avid active opponent of the Vietnam War," Connolly counseled conscientious objectors on their rights and options. Hearing McCarthy speak gave him just a glimmer of hope. Then, he never made it out of the primary.

"When Nixon won, it was tremendously disappointing," Connolly says. "When we learned his secret plan to end the war was to expand it, that's something that I'll never forget."

All this is to say that Connolly has long been an antiwar Democrat. But now, after revelations that Syria's Bashar al-Assad used chemical weapons against his own people, Connolly finds himself beset with "one of the gravest" votes he's had to make since 2008, when he was elected to the House from his Fairfax-area district. Connolly must decide whether he can support casting a vote that could launch missiles into a country that has not been declared an enemy of the United States.

Voting no means going against his president—the man whose candidacy spurred the turnout that helped propel Connolly to office.

But Connolly, like many Democrats at the moment, isn't a definite "no" when it comes to the vote.

While he says he remains undecided, he and Democrat Rep. Chris Van Hollen of Maryland are in the midst of drafting a resolution for a limited strike in Syria. He says he won't support anything "too broad" or that could put boots on the ground, but he feels it's possible that doing nothing at all could be the worst possibility. "There are certainly risks and worries about doing something, but are they big enough to preclude me from doing anything?" Connolly wondered out loud in a phone interview. "That's the struggle."

Connolly is no stranger to foreign policy. The graduate of the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard worked on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee for a decade. His wealthy Northern Virginia district is home to the largest number of federal contractors and government workers in the nation. But what would his college-age self say to him now, seeing an older man not only voting to sanction a missile strike but helping to draft a resolution to permit it. Connolly likes to think he would understand. "Even when I was protesting the Vietnam War, I always made a distinction between being a pacifist and an antiwar activist," he says. "I was never a pacifist. No war is desirable, but I'd recognize that sometimes action is necessary."

http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/an-an...

I'm sure as the rest of them hear the REAL FACTS some of us aren't privy to they will support the President too. Hey if weeper of the house boner and Cantor can, there must be more to the story than the rest of have heard. I wish he would of just acted and told us when it was over like he did when HE ordered the killing of bin laden. However, Congress or not, he does have the authority to strike with no boots on the ground. I don't think we will need them when our technology is far above what most know about.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

“Heaven doesn't want me.”

Since: Jul 13

Hell's afraid I'll take over.

#121031 Sep 5, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
We have a chance of rain this evening. I will check that video out. Thanks. I figured they were the Glasgow fake wtf and the king of socks. Notice they all disappeared again. hahaha Losers
Love the Old Hippies Union comment. Just too funny. tofy would love that. lol They can have all my info too. I have nothing to hide and will report them everytime they sling that spinning name/location bullshit they started on me before I even got here. I opened topix and seen it and knew they were playing their sick game again. Arisock/bobbysocks warped defense. Don't debate or prove otherwise our facts of CONS, just use someone's name and spin filth and slander the CON way. Typical. Won't run me off though. They can try to find them some weakminded woman to bully, too bad they are all on the repuke side on this thread. lol
Have a great day. I am leaving here shortly to go spend some of that retirement check that hit the bank Tuesday. Love being retired. Freedom like you never felt...no schedules, clocks, lousy bosses etc...I will donate my time to turn KY BLUE again.(My favorite color and team lol)
Looking forward to fall. Love it as much as Spring. Temps just right, beauty of nature everywhere. Life is GOOD.
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
Yeah, I need to get going too. It's time for some lunch, then some housework (blech!).

Hope you and ILiH have a wondermous day!

See you later, taters.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#121035 Sep 5, 2013
NRA supports ACLU lawsuit against NSA’s phone records program

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/04/nra-support...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#121036 Sep 5, 2013
September 5, 2013
Big-Government Foster Care
By Joshua Allen
Residents of Los Angeles County, reeling from allegations of gross incompetence and probable negligence by Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS), have been blessed with the creation of a blue ribbon commission, set up by county supervisors. The allegations arose after social workers and supervisors failed to prevent the torture and murder of a young child in Palmdale, despite ample evidence that the child was in great danger.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/09/big-go...
Follow us:@AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
American Lady

Danville, KY

#121037 Sep 5, 2013
5 things you need to know Thursday

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#121039 Sep 5, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I need to get going too. It's time for some lunch, then some housework (blech!).
Hope you and ILiH have a wondermous day!
See you later, taters.
Me too. Great day to shop before they all get off work and out of school. I love it. Don't have too much fun with that housework. I hope you two ladies have a terrific Thursday. I will

I guess the "crickets" are chirping on another thread or the loon went to take a nap while ari/bobbysocks knit some more. He needs to get more creative. He is getting pretty boring.

Hope to see you later. I will be back later this evening to see what laughs they left as well as their sick little games they must play since they have NOTHING else. lol

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
American Lady

Danville, KY

#121042 Sep 5, 2013
Al-Qaeda Rebels Attack Two Syrian Churches To Cries Of “Allahu Akbar!” During Assault On Christian Village ...

McRINO’s “freedom fighters.”

Via Raymond Ibrahim:

http://weaselzippers.us/

``````````

Toodles .... for a bit :)

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#121043 Sep 5, 2013
American Lady wrote:
14TH MEMBER OF CONGRESS TALKS IMPEACHMENT
Lawmaker: Syrian strike on Obama's orders only would violate law
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/09/14th-member-of-con...
Funny how nearly weekly I am hearing that "Obama did this against the constitution" or "Obama did that against the constitution'.
Funny how no articles of Impeachment have ever been filed against him. Just regular threats or accusations.
Seems to me that somebody doesn't know what he/she is talking about. I would have to start questioning the mentality of the people making these claims and accusations.
It reminds me of the old lady down the street who is always complaining that parking in front of her house, on a public street is illegal. No matter how many times you explain to her that it is perfectly legal, she still threatens to call the police.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#121044 Sep 5, 2013
I "support" the Republican party ...
Because it IS the party of Conservatives!
You know GOOD Christian people
AND
*Patriots*...
Who believe the way I do, and with "principles/morals" ...

Does NOT mean I AGREE with all of them!

There ARE some "rino's" in the party
THAT NEEDS
rooted out!

PRONTO! as in PDQ!

Rino's are the SAME as libTARDS!
Ignorant!

libTARDS believe in 'things"
OPPOSITE
of what
Conservatives
DO!

Like "abortion" - MURDER of Innocent babies!

That enough to turn people with commonsense's STOMACH!

Of course WE know WHY there ...
They have NO common sense!

imo!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#121046 Sep 5, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how nearly weekly I am hearing that "Obama did this against the constitution" or "Obama did that against the constitution'.
Funny how no articles of Impeachment have ever been filed against him. Just regular threats or accusations.
Seems to me that somebody doesn't know what he/she is talking about. I would have to start questioning the mentality of the people making these claims and accusations.
It reminds me of the old lady down the street who is always complaining that parking in front of her house, on a public street is illegal. No matter how many times you explain to her that it is perfectly legal, she still threatens to call the police.
R-e-a-l-l-y ...???
You don't read TOO well, do YOU?

BLACK AMERICAN CITIZENS FILE “ARTICLES OF IMPEACHMENT” AGAINST OBAMA

http://watchdogwire.com/florida/2013/08/13/bl...

G~A~S~P ...
His own 'race'...
doing IT!

;~)
American Lady

Danville, KY

#121047 Sep 5, 2013
ta ta ...
Cals moma

Switzerland

#121048 Sep 5, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
I could careless what you think proxy troll.
We don't expect you CONS to pick up on that treaty signed for use of chemical weapons and he is right those international communities drew the red line as well when signing it. Figure it out name/location spinner. You are nothing but a coward troll.
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
we know this is not true. Your words prove you ARE....yes, careless! You do care. That is why you choose to speak in such an ignorant manner.

Proxy troll.....a yea and you are a con and really from Campbellsville, Ky. See how that all works? You are just as much a proxy troll too then, name /location spinner!

More candy.....oh oh ohhhhhh

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#121049 Sep 5, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
R-e-a-l-l-y ...???
You don't read TOO well, do YOU?
BLACK AMERICAN CITIZENS FILE “ARTICLES OF IMPEACHMENT” AGAINST OBAMA
http://watchdogwire.com/florida/2013/08/13/bl...
G~A~S~P ...
His own 'race'...
doing IT!
;~)
I suggest you read the constitution.
Only the House of Representatives can file articles of impeachment.
Last I heard there no Psuedo-black organisation in congress. Unless I am mistaken there is only one Republican black man in ALL of congress.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#121050 Sep 5, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
http://www.forwardprogressives.com/the-south-...
Yeah, the TEABAGGING GOP OWN racism now. South will rise again when they turn the red states back to blue. KENTUCKY will in 2014/2016.

DITCH MITCH
I had to remove a portion of your post in order to make room for mine. Anyone who reviews history after the Civil War will see Republicans lead the way in assisting blacks and providing them equal treatment and civil rights.
==========

On March 3, 1865 the Freedmen's Bureau Bill became law, sponsored by the Republicans to aid freedmen and white refugees. A federal Bureau was created to provide food, clothing, fuel, and advice on negotiating labor contracts. It attempted to oversee new relations between freedmen and their former masters in a free labor market. The Act, without deference to a person's color, authorized the Bureau to lease confiscated land for a period of three years and to sell it in portions of up to 40 acres per buyer.

Senator Lyman Trumbull of Illinois, leader of the moderate Republicans, proposed the first Civil Rights Law, because the abolition of slavery was empty if laws are to be enacted and enforced depriving persons of African descent of privileges which are essential to freemen ... A law that does not allow a colored person to go from one county to another, and one that does not allow him to hold property, to teach, to preach, are certainly laws in violation of the rights of a freeman ... The purpose of this bill is to destroy all these discriminations.

The key to the bill was the opening section:

All persons born in the United States ... are hereby declared to be citizens of the United States; and such citizens of every race and color, without regard to any previous condition of slavery ... shall have the same right in every State ... to make and enforce contracts, to sue, be parties, and give evidence, to inherit, purchase, lease, sell, hold, and convey real and personal property, and to full and equal benefit of all laws and proceedings for the security of person and property, as is enjoyed by white citizens, and shall be subject to like punishment, pains, and penalties and to none other, any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom to the Contrary notwithstanding.

Immediately upon Inauguration in 1869, Grant bolstered Reconstruction by prodding Congress to readmit Virginia, Mississippi, and Texas into the Union, while ensuring their constitutions protected every citizen's voting rights. Grant met with prominent black leaders for consultation, and signed a bill into law that guaranteed equal rights to both blacks and whites in Washington D.C.

He worked with Congress to create the Department of Justice and Office of Solicitor General, led by Attorney General Amos Akerman and the first Solicitor General Benjamin Bristow, who both prosecuted thousands of Klansmen under the Force Acts. Grant sent additional federal troops to nine South Carolina counties to suppress Klan violence in 1871. In 1872, Grant was the first American President to legally recognize an African-American governor, P. B. S. Pinchback of Louisiana.[99] Grant also used military pressure to ensure that African Americans could maintain their new electoral status; won passage of the Fifteenth Amendment giving African Americans the right to vote; and signed the Civil Rights Act of 1875 giving people access to public facilities regardless of race. To counter vote fraud in the Democratic stronghold of New York City, Grant sent in tens of thousands of armed, uniformed federal marshals and other election officials to regulate the 1870 and subsequent elections. Democrats across the North then mobilized to defend their base and attacked Grant's entire set of policies. On October 21, 1876 President Grant deployed troops to protect black and white Republican voters in Petersburg, Virginia.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min ChromiuMan 167,488
Brenda Mills And Bob Hubbard 52 min Lol 1
gmo 2 hr gmo 8
2017 Daniel Boone Fest. 7 hr QuoteUnquote 14
Tractor Supply! Grand Opening!! Saturday Sept. ... 8 hr Ronald 18
Amy brock is a pos, who agrees? 11 hr U know 1
Is Gov. Bevin coming to Paynes Creek ? 11 hr The Specialist 12

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages