'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
105,661 - 105,680 of 151,301 Comments Last updated 53 min ago

“Could've been a contender here”

Since: Apr 13

I couldn't find no fight, here

#120204 Aug 31, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right!
Extending citizenship to non-citizens through birth based solely upon locality is nothing more than mere municipal law that has no extra-territorial effect as proven from the English practice of it. On the other hand, citizenship by descent through the father is natural law and is recognized by all nations (what nation doesn’t recognize citizenship of children born wherever to their own citizens?). Thus, a natural-born citizen is one whose citizenship is recognized by law of nations rather than mere local recognition.
Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, James F. Wilson of Iowa, confirmed this in 1866:“We must depend on the general law relating to subjects and citizens recognized by all nations for a definition, and that must lead us to the conclusion that every person born in the United States is a natural-born citizen of such States, except that of children born on our soil to temporary sojourners or representatives of foreign Governments.”*
When a child inherits the citizenship of their father, they become a natural-born citizen of the nation their father belongs regardless of where they might be born. It should be pointed out that citizenship through descent of the father was recognized by U.S. Naturalization law whereby children became citizens themselves as soon as their father had become a naturalized citizen, or were born in another country to a citizen father.
Yes, birth is prima facie evidence of citizenship, but only the citizenship of the nation the father is a member.
However, this proves Obama can not be President, since his father was a citizen of Kenya at the time of Obama's birth!
if only we had Google in 2008, and 2012
or if you'd been around to enlighten us

“"Who's happier than me?"”

Since: Oct 11

Brush mountain Ky

#120205 Aug 31, 2013
Feelin' a wee-bit melancholy today...so what better way to sake the blues,than to spread the blues!
Warning: Please don't listen if you're feeling good today it's pretty drab.

PEACE
tofy
http://youtu.be/K1TUlNZd10s
General Robert E Lee

Johnson City, TN

#120206 Aug 31, 2013
"Google Scholar" is an accepted academic and professional studies website, and is commonly used for things from term papers, to published studies. The uneducated masses normally have no knowledge of it. It acceptance is based on its undisputed credibility.

Brush mountain Ky

#120207 Aug 31, 2013
When i pass from this life,and find my Shangri-La may it be overflowing with hippie chicks...'cause hippie chicks rule!
PEACE
tofy
http://youtu.be/PcYNUX0g4e8
Brand

United States

#120208 Aug 31, 2013
Truth wrote:
Paul will obliterate Conway. How could Conway's handlers allow him to do this? His handlers must be Tea Party members.
agree
General Robert E Lee

Johnson City, TN

#120209 Aug 31, 2013
It is somewhat amazing the number of today’s high school students, especially the ones who consider themselves vastly intelligent; who enter college, and are placed in developmental reading, writing and math classes.

Brush mountain Ky

#120210 Aug 31, 2013
Just to add some politics to the mix...before I go.
Here is the values some people on here hold true and consider themselves PATRIOTS for!

Real republican party you have patriots?

The term neo-Confederacy is used to describe twentieth and twenty-first century revivals of pro-Confederate sentiment in the United States. Strongly nativist and advocating measures to end immigration, neo-Confederacy claims to pursue Christianity and heritage and other supposedly fundamental values that modern Americans are seen to have abandoned.

Neo-Confederacy also incorporates advocacy of traditional gender roles, is hostile towards democracy, strongly opposes homosexuality, and exhibits an understanding of race that favors segregation and suggests white supremacy. In many cases, neo-Confederates are openly secessionist.

Neo-Confederacy has applied to groups including the United Daughters of the Confederacy of the 1920s and those resisting racial integration in the 1950s and 1960s. In its most recent iteration, neo-Confederacy is used by both proponents and critics to describe a belief system that has emerged since the early-1980s in publications like Southern Partisan, Chronicles, and Southern Mercury, and in organizations including the League of the South, the Council of Conservative Citizens and the Sons of Confederate Veterans.

Overall, it is a reactionary conservative ideology that has made inroads into the Republican Party from the political right, and overlaps with the views of white nationalists and other more radical extremist groups

How proud you must be!

PEACE
tofy

“Heaven doesn't want me.”

Since: Jul 13

Hell's afraid I'll take over.

#120211 Aug 31, 2013
<quoted text>
So... You are wishing her a mounted fish, WOW? What a blessing!
I greeted them in my native language, English, or American slang, to be more precise. Since it obviously means something else in your planet's native language, Psycho, I have no interest whatsoever in wasting my time looking it up. Nice try, though.

So this rescinds your pitiful plea to "let me be"? Excellent. That means I can pin you to the mat again.

Why would someone who claims to have a DSM IV use an online definition of psychosis?
Psychosis is a symptom or feature of mental illness typically characterized by radical changes in personality, impaired functioning, and a distorted or nonexistent sense of objective reality.
"Psychosis is a symptom or feature of mental illness typically characterized by radical changes in personality, impaired functioning, and a distorted or nonexistent sense of objective reality."

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.c...

Now, the Free Dictionary cites the DSM IV-TR as a source, but it's not a direct quote.

S'up with that, Jethro?

Don't worry, I'm not timing you today. I won't be back until later this evening, so you've got allllll afternoon to spin something up.

Poor Jethro. Rumpelstiltskin could spin straw into gold, but no matter how hard you try, the BS that you spin just remains...BS.

Brush mountain Ky

#120213 Aug 31, 2013
"Google Scholar" is an accepted academic and professional studies website, and is commonly used for things from term papers, to published studies. The uneducated masses normally have no knowledge of it. It acceptance is based on its undisputed credibility.
If you say there is such a thing as a google scholar,I'll take you at your word,but that then would make me a Binging genius!:)huh?
PEACE
tofy

#120214 Aug 31, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm NOT ON HERE
to answer questions from a libTARD!
I put news sites on here for people to read.
People with commonsense ...
That can understand and comprehend the context of them ...!!!
YOU have SHOWN you have NONE!
You HAVE SHOWN you have NO 'adult tendencies'
to DO THAT in a 'civil way'... ALSO!
So you post these "news sites" that spread half-truths and blatant lies, hoping that no one will challenge you? Sorry 'bout your luck there, Witch Hazel.

You wouldn't know common sense if it jumped up and bit your saggy old behind. Same goes for comprehension skills, adult tendencies and civility. Instead you just puff up like a broody old hen and don't answer the questions posed to you, because...you...cannot...answe r them.

Sounds about right.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#120215 Aug 31, 2013
<quoted text>
You are right!
Extending citizenship to non-citizens through birth based solely upon locality is nothing more than mere municipal law that has no extra-territorial effect as proven from the English practice of it. On the other hand, citizenship by descent through the father is natural law and is recognized by all nations (what nation doesn’t recognize citizenship of children born wherever to their own citizens?). Thus, a natural-born citizen is one whose citizenship is recognized by law of nations rather than mere local recognition.
Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, James F. Wilson of Iowa, confirmed this in 1866:“We must depend on the general law relating to subjects and citizens recognized by all nations for a definition, and that must lead us to the conclusion that every person born in the United States is a natural-born citizen of such States, except that of children born on our soil to temporary sojourners or representatives of foreign Governments.”*
When a child inherits the citizenship of their father, they become a natural-born citizen of the nation their father belongs regardless of where they might be born. It should be pointed out that citizenship through descent of the father was recognized by U.S. Naturalization law whereby children became citizens themselves as soon as their father had become a naturalized citizen, or were born in another country to a citizen father.
Yes, birth is prima facie evidence of citizenship, but only the citizenship of the nation the father is a member.
However, this proves Obama can not be President, since his father was a citizen of Kenya at the time of Obama's birth!
Obama's mom was a citizen and he was born in the US. A naturalized citizen would be someone that citizenship was granted. Hope all you Birthers rise up again in 2016. Democrats could use the help in the election.
P.S. What are the Repubs going to do with Ted Cruz? At least Obama was born in the US.
General Robert E Lee

Johnson City, TN

#120216 Aug 31, 2013
this ones for you wrote:
Just to add some politics to the mix...before I go.
Here is the values some people on here hold true and consider themselves PATRIOTS for!
Real republican party you have patriots?
The term neo-Confederacy is used to describe twentieth and twenty-first century revivals of pro-Confederate sentiment in the United States. Strongly nativist and advocating measures to end immigration, neo-Confederacy claims to pursue Christianity and heritage and other supposedly fundamental values that modern Americans are seen to have abandoned.
Neo-Confederacy also incorporates advocacy of traditional gender roles, is hostile towards democracy, strongly opposes homosexuality, and exhibits an understanding of race that favors segregation and suggests white supremacy. In many cases, neo-Confederates are openly secessionist.
Neo-Confederacy has applied to groups including the United Daughters of the Confederacy of the 1920s and those resisting racial integration in the 1950s and 1960s. In its most recent iteration, neo-Confederacy is used by both proponents and critics to describe a belief system that has emerged since the early-1980s in publications like Southern Partisan, Chronicles, and Southern Mercury, and in organizations including the League of the South, the Council of Conservative Citizens and the Sons of Confederate Veterans.
Overall, it is a reactionary conservative ideology that has made inroads into the Republican Party from the political right, and overlaps with the views of white nationalists and other more radical extremist groups
How proud you must be!
PEACE
tofy
Since I can reasonably believe that could have been directed at me TOFY, I will respond with the respect I’ve always given you. I do not have anything against decent black people, however it is my belief that inner-city black thugs, such as the ones who recently, killed an Australian jogger “for the fun of it”, the ones who beat an 88 year old man to death (My dad was 88 when he died), or the 12 disadvantaged black youths who gang raped 2 women in a Delaware park yesterday, should be put to death! And all like them, I make no apologies for that! The poor disadvantaged blacks, by a majority are making several thousand dollars a day selling crack, I’m not sorry I’m against that! Gay people don’t need to be marching on a public street, groping each other’s ass; heterosexuals feel no need to do so. I do not hate people because they are gay. I don’t think a women’s place is in the kitchen, my wife won’t allow me to! I don’t think religion should be shoved down people’s throat; I also will not be forced to be tolerant of Islam! I am not in favor of dissolving the United States Government, nor am I a neo-confederate, whatever that is! I despise the fool in the White House, under my right to have an opinion. Peace TOFY.

#120217 Aug 31, 2013
OZombies wrote:
<quoted text>
It is natural instinct for the child not to let anyone inappropriate touching them. If you teach a child what is inappropriate touching, do you think that is going to stop sexual predator? Some monster who likes little children is going to listen when child says NO, right? What about, those that hurt little children hang them in the middle of the town, or give them hormones fixed them to look sexy and let them in general population ...!!
Natural instinct? Got any sources to back that up that ludicrous statement? Besides, your buddy Witch Hazel says they're too young and their brain too underdeveloped to know anything about what's appropriate or not. Which is it?

Knowledge may or may not stop the initial abuse, depending on the situation, but if a child knows they can go to a trusted adult like their teacher, it'll damn sure put a stop to it quicker.

The rest of your post is histrionic nonsense.

Point is, little ones need all the champions they can get. Having another one, their teacher, in their corner is a good thing.
General Robert E Lee

Johnson City, TN

#120218 Aug 31, 2013
Ghost of Raygun wrote:
<quoted text>Obama's mom was a citizen and he was born in the US. A naturalized citizen would be someone that citizenship was granted. Hope all you Birthers rise up again in 2016. Democrats could use the help in the election.
P.S. What are the Repubs going to do with Ted Cruz? At least Obama was born in the US.
You can't read can you! You just have an opinion and nothing can change it, not facts, not reality, nothing but someone agreeing with you. My last response to you.

#120219 Aug 31, 2013
Ok, I'm outta here.

Fire up those spinning wheels and I'll be back later to unravel the pathetic little thread you've spun.

:D
General Robert E Lee

Johnson City, TN

#120220 Aug 31, 2013
this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>If you say there is such a thing as a google scholar,I'll take you at your word,but that then would make me a Binging genius!:)huh?
PEACE
tofy
Actually all you have to do is Google, "Google Scholar" TOFY, try it and see! Or you can "Bing" it!:)

Location hidden

#120221 Aug 31, 2013
<quoted text>
You can't read can you! You just have an opinion and nothing can change it, not facts, not reality, nothing but someone agreeing with you. My last response to you.
True.

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#120222 Aug 31, 2013
Im not sure how to respond.
Another what?
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello CornHolio!
Why yet another one?
General Robert E Lee

Johnson City, TN

#120224 Aug 31, 2013
I see I'm being judged by the uneducated! HAHAHAHAHA!
General Robert E Lee

Johnson City, TN

#120225 Aug 31, 2013
Point proven! WAHAHAHA!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 24 min Local 175 1,597
man and woman who walks in dog town? 58 min hiphop 3
Kentucky Fried Chicken 2 hr Go Figure 2
Walmart Supercenter 4 hr jack 2
The Audit 5 hr haha 29
knox board of ed raising taxes 7 hr disgusted 4
Hahaha 7 hr Funny 1
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Knox County was issued at August 31 at 4:13AM EDT

•••