'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments (Page 5,260)

Showing posts 105,181 - 105,200 of144,957
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

To all conservative trolls claiming that Martin Luther King, Jr. was a Republican. It's not true and was debunked many times.( http://bit.ly/MLK-was-a-liberal ) It is pathetic when 2013 Republicans can't leave the rigid political labeling mindset. That is the tragedy - GOP of today would banish Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, Eisenhower... even REAL Reagan would be too liberal for the right wingers who have hijacked the Republican Party...

1) Martin Luther King Was A Liberal Progressive Who Favored Left Wing Causes & Don’t You Forget It: http://bit.ly/MLK-was-a-liberal <- READ

2) http://bit.ly/MLK-was-not-a-Republican

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Martin Luther King Was A Liberal Progressive Who Favored Left Wing Causes & Don’t You Forget It

As we head towards the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington, it is worth pausing for a second to solidly stake out the fact that Martin Luther King Jr. was a man of the left.
For years the right has sought to either de-politicize Rev. King or expunge his leftist sentiment from the public record. We are told time and again that King was somehow beyond ideology and that his quest for civil rights and justice didn’t deal in politics.

Bull.

Rev. King was a liberal. A dyed in the wool liberal. He was on the left. He favored liberal solutions and liberal policies. He wasn’t a centrist, moderate, on the center-left or God forbid anywhere near the right. HE WAS A LIBERAL.

The first, and worst counterargument to King’s liberalism often relies on conservatives assuming that people are either stupid, ignorant or unwilling to challenge their perversion of history. They claim that since the most vehement of opposition to King was often rooted in the Democratic party, while he had support in the Republican party, as proof that he was on the right.

This is absurd because it pretends that both parties occupied the same positions on the left-right spectrum in 1963 that they do today. In fact, as anyone who has ever cracked open a history book understands, the Democrats had a contingent of southern racists while the Republicans had northeastern liberals.

It just happens that it was the movement led by Rev. King and others that helped to remake the two parties. Lyndon Johnson – a Democrat – signed the Civil Rights Act into law, and the racist Dixiecrats soon found themselves on the outside of the party. Similarly, the conservative takeover of the Republican Party – liberal Rockefeller lost the nomination in favor of Goldwater – moved that party to the right. Soon the Dixiecrats found a resting place in the GOP while liberals became a part of the Democratic Party.

But back to King.

If he had lived until today, I doubt he would be happy with the Democratic party in many ways. Based on his ideology, King would see a party much too tied to the center-left than the left. He would probably be elated to see Obama elected to the presidency, but be disappointed by his policies on a host of issues, including economics, foreign policy, and other domestic policies.

Because Martin Luther King Jr. was a liberal. He opposed war. He supported income redistribution. He supported jobs programs, government spending, and on and on and on. He was a man of the left, and don’t you dare forget it.

http://thedailybanter.com/2013/08/martin-luth...

Don't forget to watch the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES's speech today from the Lincoln Memorial.

DC is awesome. Wish I could be there. Cringe all day repukes. I am sure you will and sling that racism you are so good at. I will be back later to see your hate, gloom and doom. Big day today. Got to get going.

RIP RACIST TEABAGGING GOP

DITCH MITCH

Since: Dec 11

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Crow__ wrote:
Et tu, tofy?
ari - "...over my post's..."
jay - "...rest of the moron's..."
rebuild america - "...group of racist's..."
tofy - "...hard core dope smoker's..."
Like I said, your picture should be in the dictionary beside the word "tell". This is just one of them.
That last post was not his best..
Too much recreational consumption!

:b

Since: Jul 12

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberal Dribble!
They are sooooo over medicated, they don't realize it!
Better to have them here than on the road again!
At least we can all laugh at them when they crash here.
:b
By cracky, Ari, I do believe that you've hit on the reason! Have a great day, my friend!!!

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

@ the LINCON MEMORIAL today, the "Stairs" of empty chairs will be historic installation art.

Since: Dec 11

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

YES! MLK Jr. Was Republican, the African American struggle for equality was fought with help from Northern and Southern Republicans! Southern Democrats were the plantation owners, they were the face of oppression. Was Sen. Robert Byrd a Klan Leader...YES he was!
Dimocrats have had assistance of liberal media to reinvent history, who fought against equal rights?
Who fought against desegregation?
Ask MLK's wife, daughter, niece THEY SAY MLK was REPUBLICAN!

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Mrs. King was not allowed to speak, because she would have been listened to. The boys have been neutralized by the DNC agenda leaders, and protected from the race traitors, they stand with today.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

‘Earpiece envy’: White House colleagues skeptical about why Valerie Jarrett[Iranian] has detail

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/25/earpiece-en...

freeinpa
And yet 4 Americans died in Benghazi without having sufficient protection
``````````

Pray tell.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

August 28, 2013
MSNBC ratings down double digits
Rick Moran
Someone should inquire of MSNBC how being widely known as a network that shills for Obama is working out for them.
Oh - wait:

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/08/m...
Follow us:@AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

August 28, 2013
The Dream is No More
By Steve McCann
It was an overcast, albeit relatively mild August day by Washington D.C. standards, fifty years ago today, as I joined the thousands walking along Constitution Avenue toward the Lincoln Memorial. Many of those in the crowd who had traveled vast distances by busses and cars from all over the nation, but in particular the deep South, had a look of apprehension bordering on fear, not knowing what to expect from the police and those vehemently opposed to unfettered civil rights. Despite the trepidation and regardless of skin color, nationality or faith all were determined to compel the nation to listen to their voices. Little did those of us there understand or appreciate that the 28th day of August 1963 would be historic not only because of the electrifying oration delivered by Martin Luther King but that this singular event would mark the beginning of the end of institutional discrimination and racism in the United States.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/08/the_dr...
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

August 19, 2013
Forever 21...but only working 29.5 hours weekly
Ethel C. Fenig

While liberals were busy bemoaning the low wages of the minimally skilled hamburger flippers and other fast food employees, while Congress and the unions were busy exempting themselves from the Obamacare they pushed for,, another group of workers was falling victim to the Unaffordable Health Care Act.

Shop girls. Sales clerks.

Forever 21, the privately held fast fashion retailer teen aged girls just lo-o-ove, recently informed many full time employees that beginning Sunday, August 18 they were suddenly part time employees; their maximum working hours dropping to 29.5 hours a week.

Obamacare's mandatory employer provided health insurance kicks in for employees who work a minimum of...30 hours. How convenient for the company which naturally denies Obamacare inspired the decision; instead because ...

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/08/f...

Nahhhh ....
obotcare doesn't HURT ... does it?
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

August Announced Layoff Total (Est.)- 20,095
August Announced Closing Total (Est.)- 169

http://www.dailyjobcuts.com/

This is D~A~I~L~Y people!
rwb

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Well, lack of consumers having money to spend will affect businesses in production. It is a vicious circle, no money to spend, no need to produce, no need to produce, no need for employees, no need for employees, no money to spend. Lack of employees, lack of taxes, decline of monies for infrastructure, lack of infrastructure, lack of workers, lack of workers, lack of taxes. Lack of taxes, decline in schooling, decline in schooling, decline in a country to compete globally, decline to compete globally, decline in standard of living.
Now to reverse that would be detrimental to the right. The wealthy believe they are able to sit back and watch the country crumble and be unaffected. But they are being affected and to continue on this path will be detrimental for all.
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

rwb wrote:
Now to reverse that would be detrimental to the right. The wealthy believe they are able to sit back and watch the country crumble and be unaffected. But they are being affected and to continue on this path will be detrimental for all.
Deleted partly because the top part of the para was correct/This last makes we on what is called the right(any conservative),question every thing you may say. Not being of the wealthy , but have some investments, and why would all this not be detrimental to any middle class, all poor, and any but the Gates family with more than enough to last generations?

Since my goal has always been to buy "American" and now find it almost impossible to find them on the market!!Drive an older auto.

But why is it you think the wealthy don`t care? You must have some knowledge that stocks of American Companies go up , and down. Down is not good, Remember 2008?

You have listened too long to your "hate the wealthy Party" speech.
General Robert E Lee

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Temper Tantrum wrote:
<quoted text>2008 Bush DOW 6,000
Now Obama DOW 15,000
lmfao
Thank you for acknowledging just how stupid you are, Stupid.
So… you are bragging about your hero and quoting the stock market? What part does Obozo play in the stock market? And you are bragging about a bunch of very rich people getting richer? Are you bone stupid?
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

RepubliCONS wrote:
To all conservative trolls claiming that Martin Luther King, Jr. was a Republican. It's not true and was debunked many times.( http://bit.ly/MLK-was-a-liberal ) It is pathetic when 2013 Republicans can't leave the rigid political labeling mindset. That is the tragedy - GOP of today would banish Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, Eisenhower... even REAL Reagan would be too liberal for the right wingers who have hijacked the Republican Party...
1) Martin Luther King Was A Liberal Progressive Who Favored Left Wing Causes & Don’t You Forget It: http://bit.ly/MLK-was-a-liberal <- READ
2) http://bit.ly/MLK-was-not-a-Republican
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
VOTED DEMOCRAT believed in liberals

RIP RACIST TEABAGGER GOP

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

RepubliCONS wrote:
Martin Luther King Was A Liberal Progressive Who Favored Left Wing Causes & Don’t You Forget It
As we head towards the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington, it is worth pausing for a second to solidly stake out the fact that Martin Luther King Jr. was a man of the left.
For years the right has sought to either de-politicize Rev. King or expunge his leftist sentiment from the public record. We are told time and again that King was somehow beyond ideology and that his quest for civil rights and justice didn’t deal in politics.
Bull.
Rev. King was a liberal. A dyed in the wool liberal. He was on the left. He favored liberal solutions and liberal policies. He wasn’t a centrist, moderate, on the center-left or God forbid anywhere near the right. HE WAS A LIBERAL.
The first, and worst counterargument to King’s liberalism often relies on conservatives assuming that people are either stupid, ignorant or unwilling to challenge their perversion of history. They claim that since the most vehement of opposition to King was often rooted in the Democratic party, while he had support in the Republican party, as proof that he was on the right.
This is absurd because it pretends that both parties occupied the same positions on the left-right spectrum in 1963 that they do today. In fact, as anyone who has ever cracked open a history book understands, the Democrats had a contingent of southern racists while the Republicans had northeastern liberals.
It just happens that it was the movement led by Rev. King and others that helped to remake the two parties. Lyndon Johnson – a Democrat – signed the Civil Rights Act into law, and the racist Dixiecrats soon found themselves on the outside of the party. Similarly, the conservative takeover of the Republican Party – liberal Rockefeller lost the nomination in favor of Goldwater – moved that party to the right. Soon the Dixiecrats found a resting place in the GOP while liberals became a part of the Democratic Party.
But back to King.
If he had lived until today, I doubt he would be happy with the Democratic party in many ways. Based on his ideology, King would see a party much too tied to the center-left than the left. He would probably be elated to see Obama elected to the presidency, but be disappointed by his policies on a host of issues, including economics, foreign policy, and other domestic policies.
Because Martin Luther King Jr. was a liberal. He opposed war. He supported income redistribution. He supported jobs programs, government spending, and on and on and on. He was a man of the left, and don’t you dare forget it.
http://thedailybanter.com/2013/08/martin-luth...
Don't forget to watch the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES's speech today from the Lincoln Memorial.
DC is awesome. Wish I could be there. Cringe all day repukes. I am sure you will and sling that racism you are so good at. I will be back later to see your hate, gloom and doom. Big day today. Got to get going.
DITCH MITCH
Read it and weep. Hell Lincoln wouldn't even be a republiCON in this day and age.

RIP TEABAGGING GOP

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

RepubliCONS wrote:
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."
I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.
I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of interposition and nullification; one day right there in Alabama, little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.
I have a dream today.
I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.
This is our hope. This is the faith that I go back to the South with. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.
This will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with a new meaning, "My country,'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring."
And if America is to be a great nation this must become true. So let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire. Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York. Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania!
Let freedom ring from the snowcapped Rockies of Colorado!
Let freedom ring from the curvaceous slopes of California!
But not only that; let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia!
Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee!
Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill of Mississippi. From every mountainside, let freedom ring.
And when this happens, when we allow freedom to ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual, "Free at last! free at last! thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/nationwor...
We should all have that dream. Too bad the repukes meant taking AMERICA BACK to pre-MLK days. They won't forget come election days.
Have fun being your racist selves. I will be back later. I am sure you won't disappoint. It's one of the things you do best. Spew racist comments.
DITCH MITCH
Teabagging gop never had that dream.

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Ed Schultz Exposes Cause Of Racism In The South (VIDEO)

Last Friday MSNBC’s Ed Schultz had a town hall in Alabama. He wanted to go to the Deep South and talk directly to the people. He complained about the right wing talking heads using a narrative of dependency as well as race bating to create a level of angst within the white community. You have to wonder if he expected to have two women in the audience with relevant stories that put it all in a microcosm.

The following is the transcript of the video that follows. The two women made explosive accusations against many white churches in the South and against local Republican Parties. While many may find what they are saying hard to believe I have had many Republicans in our local Baptist churches tell me similar stories.

ED Schultz: Last Friday night I did a town hall meeting in Birmingham Alabama…This is what an Alabama public school teacher came to the microphone and said.

Alabama Teacher: I have been a part of public education since 1970, when the schools were first integrated. I see more hatred in the South now than I ever saw in 1970 and I will tell you why. It’s been preached in the pulpit. It’s in the White churches. They are teaching people that if you vote anything but Republican, you are going to hell pretty much.

ED Schultz: Oh! They are preaching it and people are buying it. One Alabama state legislator told me a chilling story about a recent attempt to segregate a local school.

Alabama Legislator: I got a call this week from a White female Republican. We have a school district in our county that has made an application to become independent. The reason she called me was because in the church this past Sunday, they were bullied and told you’ve got to support this school district pulling away from the county so we can minimize the number of blacks that are in our school district. Even though she was Republican she was disheartened because she says she never looked at the party from that perspective.

Many believe that Americans spend too much time on race issues. The reality is that it is important to do so, especially now. The right wing’s southern strategy is in full vogue, and what makes the women’s statement important is the context.

Martin Luther King said the most segregated hour in America is at 11:00 on Sunday mornings, during church services. That presents several realities. It allows those of ill will to use that homogeneity to indoctrinate and to foment a false reality to be feared, a fear of the ‘the other’.

With the church providing the moral permission to be fearful and ‘hateful’ of ‘the other’, it is not difficult for the right wing hacks like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Bill O’Reilly and others to finish the indoctrination. This evil most be continuously exposed and disinfected.

Read more: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/08/28/ed-sc...

Bet all you repukes were just cringing watching the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES addressing the people coming to mark that anniversary. Bunch of racist teabagging repukes. Spin your racism, lies and propaganda. Won't win you any elections. In fact for a long, long time. Demonstrate daily how racist and BACKWARDS you are. It's 2013, get with the times. YOU are the minority now. OLD WHITE RACIST MEN and their following lemmings. Sucks to be you. Enrages you, don't it. hahaha

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Eager to Prove Neither Understands How Government Works, Rand Paul and Ted Cruz Plan “Defund Obamacare” Rally

In an apparent joint attempt to prove that neither of these men understand how our government works, Rand Paul and Ted Cruz are planning an anti-Obamacare rally for the first day when Congress returns from their August recess.

What’s the main focus going to be? You guessed it — defunding the Constitutionally-upheld law.
Two of the biggest names in the “let’s shutdown the government if we don’t get our way” cheerleading squad, Senators Rand Paul and Ted Cruz, are apparently aiming to capitalize on the first day Congress returns from recess to make fools of themselves — which, of course, right-wing voters will eat right up.

But make no mistake, this little event which is being organized by ForAmerica and the Tea Party Patriots is just the beginning of what we can all expect to be a fall filled with right-wing nonsense; and conservative politicians falling all over themselves to prove that they don’t understand how our government works.

But it does promise to make for good drama considering there are quite a few Republicans who strongly oppose these “shutdown the government” conservatives, and the infighting which I’m sure will commence should make for some quality entertainment. Because that’s what politics is about, right? Entertaining the voters with outright stupidity rather than doing anything constructive to help the country.

And even though I know a government shutdown would be disastrous for many Americans, I’m almost hoping they get enough support to do it. Because I know one thing, it won’t be President Obama or Democrats that get blamed — Republicans will be the only ones the vast majority of Americans place the blame on.

So go right ahead, let these clowns hold their rally and get their far-right radicals standing in unison cheering to shut the government down.
It’ll be like every time these tea party supported Republicans get the national stage to themselves. After all the dust settles they come out looking like out of touch radicals who are pandering to a far-right base, while President Obama and Democrats enjoy a popularity bump in the polls.

After all, this was the “big political movement” that swept through the 2010 midterms promising a “brand new direction for the Republican party” in “strong opposition to Obamacare” by…
Selecting Mitt Romney as their Presidential candidate!(A man who, while governor, signed nearly an identical version of Obamacare into law in Massachusetts.) Simply because every tea party candidate that ran, once given attention on the national stage, came off looking like some out of touch wacko that didn’t know what the heck they were talking about.

So while I know the insane comments that come from the likes of Senators Paul and Cruz over the next few weeks (heck–years) will infuriate me, I will just have to try and remind myself — the more attention they get, the better it is for moderates, independents and Democrats in 2014.

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/eager-to-p...

"Eager to Prove Neither Understands How Government Works"

Neither fit to be Senator, let alone PRESIDENT. Yeah, the more attention they get being their ignorant racist selves the better for us in 2014/2016.

RIP TEABAGGING GOP

HILLARY 2016

ALISON 2014

DITCH MITCH

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 105,181 - 105,200 of144,957
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

66 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 min Mike Duquette 128,026
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 42 min BIG_STEVIE 16,110
verna warren 2 hr would like to know 3
KC Basketball Coach 3 hr KC Fan 66
verna warren 3 hr would like to know 1
looking for a mini pot belly pig 4 hr har 1
Huge yard sale 4 hr Tiff 1
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 17 hr Butt head 383
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters