'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story

“Heaven doesn't want me.”

Since: Jul 13

Hell's afraid I'll take over.

#119266 Aug 26, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
South Carolina Restaurant Denies Service To African-Americans On Orders Of ‘Threatened’ White Customer
Are Southern conservatives taking aim at the Civil Rights Act now? It sure looks that way after a restaurant in South Carolina refused to serve a group of African-Americans who waited for two hours to get a table when a white customer demanded they be turned away.
The Wild Wings Café in Charleston, South Carolina is under fire after flat out refusing to serve a large group of black family members and friends who were in town to say goodbye to a cousin in July. A white customer demanded the restaurant to do so because she felt “threatened.”
Hopefully, this is just a freak incident of stupidity that won’t happen again in the future, but if Southern conservatives ever wanted to challenge the Civil Rights Act, they have an opening. All they have to do is continue to defy the Civil Rights Act by refusing to do business with African-Americans until someone sues them.
Then they can attempt to dismiss the suit by
claiming that the Act is unconstitutional. It’s how Republicans managed to successfully gut the Voting Rights Act. They kept challenging the Justice Department rejection of voter suppression laws in court until the conservative-leaning Supreme Court did racists a favor and struck down a longstanding section of the Voting Right Act. It’s also how conservatives have been chipping away at affirmative action. It’s hypothetical, of course, but worth watching for.
For years, Southern conservatives have been dreaming of dismantling the Civil Rights Era legislation that put an end to Jim Crow. This latest apparent act of racism occurred in South Carolina, the state that has been ground zero for segregation and racist laws since the Civil War. A Confederate flag still flies on the grounds outside the state house. It’s definitely not a stretch to think that conservatives could get a section of the Civil Rights Act struck down, and now that they have control of the Supreme Court, you have to wonder if the landmark legislation is going to be targeted at some point in the future.
Read more: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/08/25/south...
South Carolina is GRANDrand's next stop. Maybe he can stop for a free meal and congratulate them on his way of thinking. Maybe help them set the homeless outside city limits and maybe follow NC and prevent people from voting. He just looks like he should have a GRAND wizard outfit on when he goes. hahaha Racist bunch of repukes/libertarians. Just like daddy..
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
I just seriously cannot believe this. Sounds like something the cons on here would do. Ol' Randy's working SC pretty hard, isn't he? I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he does make a photo-op stop there. Bet he orders white meat, though.
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#119267 Aug 26, 2013
MrsHappyToBeMe wrote:
It’s so funny watching the little righties right now. Their heads are totally spinning while they realize Hillary will wipe the floor with whomever republicans put up in 2016!
So true. I like your avatar Mrs HTBM. Their heads are spinning like Regan's in the Exorcist and they are probably as revolting looking as she is while they do it. They better be ready for her, she is coming..FIRST WOMAN PRESIDENT. They will deny, deny, deny like they do President Obama in his SECOND TERM they failed at preventing. MAJORITY RULES.

HILLARY 2016

ALISON 2014

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#119268 Aug 26, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary spoke for all liberals when she finally commented on Benghazi with,"Who cares?"
NOT what she said. But keep spinning it, it won't matter come 2016. Even after Benghazi she was still voted:

THE MOST ADMIRED WOMAN IN THE WORLD JAN 2013

In Context: Hillary Clinton's 'What difference does it make' comment

Clinton: With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided that they’d they go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator. Now, honestly, I will do my best to answer your questions about this, but the fact is that people were trying in real time to get to the best information. The IC has a process, I understand, going with the other committees to explain how these talking points came out. But you know, to be clear, it is, from my perspective, less important today looking backwards as to why these militants decided they did it than to find them and bring them to justice, and then maybe we’ll figure out what was going on in the meantime.
http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/article/2...

HILLARY 2016

DITCH MITCH

#119269 Aug 26, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
He won't be able to help himself, he is that vicious. He wouldn't pass on a nun running against him. It is what he does best.
No breeze here. Just heat. The mods had fun last night I see. Guess they got even nastier than usual as the night went on and their buzz was wearing off. hahaha
How vain is the loon to go recruit bashers to help her and her few minion clowns she has left. PRICELESS hahaha
DITCH MITCH
One of them isn't a new recruit. I'll bet he's a lousy poker player too, because his picture should be in the dictionary beside the word "tell".

Yeah, the mods are *on* it. Sexy, sexy mods.
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#119270 Aug 26, 2013
Rebuild America wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, we'll see!
COUNT ON IT!

HILLARY 2016

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#119272 Aug 26, 2013
Rebuild America wrote:
Wonder how many women there are who are not in favor of murdering babies, and hiding behind a smoke screen of "women's rights", women's Health care", and all the other names you use to hide your demonic crimes?
THAT'S your spin.

Feminism is the Radical Notion that Women are People

Being Pro-Choice is simply and understanding that such decisions are none of your business and it is not the governments place to interfere with the patient/doctor relationship.

You might be a republiCON if you believe that a corporation has all the rights that humans have, but women don't.

You might be a republiCON if you believe that the government should stay out of your life! Unless of course, it's at the doctor's office, at the church, in the bedroom, involves a restriction on guns, or a woman's body

You might be a republiCON if you call yourself pro-life, but be in favor of the death penalty.

You might be a republiCON if you call yourself pro-life, and put guns in the hands of school children.

You might be a republiCON if you finally agree with Iran on Women's Rights.

The RepubliCON party has awakened the sleeping giant. WOMEN. We have tolerated your misogyny, we have been polite, reasonable, and tried to help you understand why you can not control our bodies. We have received scorn and shame in return. We are the Women of the United States of America. We outnumber YOU, and we will not be silenced. 2014/2016 is coming.

RepubliCONS voted against:
Equal Pay For Women (passed anyway)

Are against a woman's right to choose. They want to force women to have kids when raped and then give the rapist visitation and custody rights.

With 53% of the votes in 2012, women are currently the largest voting group. In 2014/2016 the women will hit back.

How many RepubliCONS does it take to fix a problem?

No one knows, it has never happened.

There are over 2,225,000 women in Kentucky

Mitch McCONnell voted against the
Violence Against Women Act

DITCH MITCH

RIP GOP
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#119273 Aug 26, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
I just seriously cannot believe this. Sounds like something the cons on here would do. Ol' Randy's working SC pretty hard, isn't he? I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he does make a photo-op stop there. Bet he orders white meat, though.
He was on the news today in some soup kitchen or something like it helping put lunch bags together, grabbed a baggie with two pieces of chicken in it to put in a bag with a room full of blacks. You should of seen his face. It was PRICELESS.

He has spent his 8 week vacation zipping across the country for photo ops while NOT saying he is running for President. Can't wait until they dig up all that mess old turtleman and Trey Grayson posted in 2010. He isn't fit to be Senator, let alone be President. I doubt KENTUCKY will make that mistake again. Besides it is fun watching the teabaggers vs republiCONS. They eat their own at every given chance. hahaha

HILLARY 2016

DITCH MITCH

#119275 Aug 26, 2013
I'm gonna have to get going, RC. Long way to go and a short time to get there today. If I don't see you tonight I'll see you tomorrow. If you see Tab and/or Calvin, ILiH, treebeard, tell 'em I said "Hey".

Have a great, air conditioned day!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#119277 Aug 26, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
When asked how he felt regarding the state of affairs on Capitol Hill, the President expressed frustration, and commented that ultimately,“the buck stops with me.” Furthering his irritation at lawmakers’ stagnancy, is that Congress doesn’t actually -have-to do much of anything, besides:

A.) Pass a budget.(Which they haven’t done.)
And,
B.) Pay the already accumulated bills.(Also yet to happen.)
Instead, one half of Congress,(We all know which half.) has actively tried to do only one thing- obstruct and oppose in any way possible.
YES! We DO! Know which part is obstructing!

Harry Reid:'Foolish' for Democrats to offer budget plan
May 20, 2011 [foolish??? It's IN the legislation of THESE used to be UNITED States]

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/may/20/news/...

>>-> Senate passes its first budget proposal in four years - CNN.com
Sat March 23, 2013
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/23/politics/senate...

Reid: This year's budget is done - The Hill's On The Money
thehill.com/blogs/on-the.../budget/208593-rei... ;
Feb 3, 2012 - Senate Democratic leaders said they don't expect a budget to reach the ... we don't need to do it," Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.)...

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid:“There's no need to have a ...
hotair.com/.../senate-majority-leader-harry-r... ;
May 24, 2011 -“There's no need to have a Democratic budget, in my opinion,” Reid told the Los Angeles Times last week.“It would be foolish for us to do a ...

https://www.google.com/search...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#119278 Aug 26, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
THAT'S your spin.
Feminism is the Radical Notion that Women are People
Being Pro-Choice is simply and understanding that such decisions are none of your business and it is not the governments place to interfere with the patient/doctor relationship.
You might be a republiCON if you believe that a corporation has all the rights that humans have, but women don't.
You might be a republiCON if you believe that the government should stay out of your life! Unless of course, it's at the doctor's office, at the church, in the bedroom, involves a restriction on guns, or a woman's body
You might be a republiCON if you call yourself pro-life, but be in favor of the death penalty.
You might be a republiCON if you call yourself pro-life, and put guns in the hands of school children.
You might be a republiCON if you finally agree with Iran on Women's Rights.
The RepubliCON party has awakened the sleeping giant. WOMEN. We have tolerated your misogyny, we have been polite, reasonable, and tried to help you understand why you can not control our bodies. We have received scorn and shame in return. We are the Women of the United States of America. We outnumber YOU, and we will not be silenced. 2014/2016 is coming.
RepubliCONS voted against:
Equal Pay For Women (passed anyway)
Are against a woman's right to choose. They want to force women to have kids when raped and then give the rapist visitation and custody rights.
With 53% of the votes in 2012, women are currently the largest voting group. In 2014/2016 the women will hit back.
How many RepubliCONS does it take to fix a problem?
No one knows, it has never happened.
There are over 2,225,000 women in Kentucky
Mitch McCONnell voted against the
Violence Against Women Act
DITCH MITCH
RIP GOP
A 'woman' IS a citizen of the US ... same R~I~G~H~T~S as a man!
Murder IS NOT a right!

What part of THAT ...
DO YOU not UNDERSTAND?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#119279 Aug 26, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
They spin their names and locations so much it is hard to keep up with them. Bunch of loser lemming trolls.
Loving the MODS.
DITCH MITCH
The 'mods' on THIS board ... S~U~C~K!
They leave the FILTH!

And take away TRUE news!
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#119284 Aug 26, 2013
Way to go MODS. Delete that sick loon's posts. haha

GOOD JOB.

Conservative PAC Hits Mitch McConnell From the Right

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., is getting some heat today from the right.
A conservative political action committee, The Madison Project, will begin airing a radio ad in Kentucky today going after McConnell, something they call the “first of many attempts to unveil the truth about Mitch McConnell’s failed leadership in Washington.”

Listen to the Radio Ad Here

The Madison Project, led by former GOP Rep. Jim Ryun, was an early endorser of McConnell’s Republican challenger, businessman Matt Bevin.

“Career Washington politician Mitch McConnell claims to be a conservative,” the narrator of the ad says before unleashing a series of assaults on McConnell, including asking if a “conservative” would support issues including immigration reform, citing McConnell’s votes for immigration reform in 1986 and 2006.“No, but Mitch McConnell did,” the narrator repeats throughout the ad.

McConnell voted against the most recent comprehensive immigration bill, which passed the Senate in June.

The one minute ad, titled “Would a Conservative,” has an almost $30,000 buy and also hits McConnell on his 2008 vote for the Troubled Asset Relief Program or TARP, which the narrator describes as McConnell “bail(ing) out his Wall Street friends with over $700 billion of your taxpayer dollars.”

The ad also mentions one of the most recent conservative critiques of McConnell:“And would a self-proclaimed conservative leader be undermining the conservative effort to defund ObamaCare in Washington? Absolutely not. But that is exactly what Mitch McConnell is up to now.”

McConnell has supported repealing the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare, but is not backing a move spearheaded by Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, and Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, to vote down the next continuing resolution if it funds ACA implementation.

McConnell has co-sponsored a bill with Cruz that would strip funding for the law from the continuing resolution. The current funding measure runs out Sept. 30. Unless Congress passes a new funding measure by that date, the government will shut down.

This is the Madison Project’s first ad hitting McConnell, but the McConnell campaign has been pounding away at Bevin, calling him “Bailout Bevin” and “not a Kentucky conservative” in television ads running in the state.

Daniel Horowitz, policy director of The Madison Project called the ad “just the beginning,” stressing they will be in the fight until the primary in May. According to Horowitz, this particular ad will “run for a few weeks statewide” on conservative talk radio because they want to “begin communicating with conservatives to have a long-form debate on 30 years of McConnell’s attempts to undermine conservatives.”

Horowitz says McConnell has been “talking one way in the state and talking another way in the Senate” and says while McConnell tends to “vote the right way in the end … he won’t talk about it” and “hasn’t taken a firm stance on any contentious issue.”

McConnell and Bevin will face off in May and whoever wins the primary will run against the Democratic candidate, Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes.

The McConnell campaign press secretary Allison Moore responded to the radio ad in a statement saying,“All you need to know about this group is that they’re supporting a tax delinquent bailout artist who lies on his resume over the most conservative Republican Leader in modern history.”

“Apparently Matt Bailout Bevin has a small cadre of fringe friends in Washington who have concluded that conservative governance isn’t half as important as making money off his quixotic Senate campaign,” Moore said.

Read more:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/08/...

Love it when they eat their own. lol

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#119285 Aug 26, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
I'm gonna have to get going, RC. Long way to go and a short time to get there today. If I don't see you tonight I'll see you tomorrow. If you see Tab and/or Calvin, ILiH, treebeard, tell 'em I said "Hey".
Have a great, air conditioned day!
Will do Crow, sorry I missed you. Company at the door distracted me for an hour. Hope you have a great day too.

DITCH MITCH
American Lady

Danville, KY

#119286 Aug 26, 2013
WHY did you delete MY 'truths'...

???

Especially about me using the word S`U`C`K ...!!!
Wasn't IT "dumbed DOWN enuf" ...

And 'the' Gosnell MURDERS!

~-~
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#119288 Aug 26, 2013
American Lady wrote:
WHY did you delete MY 'truths'...
???
Especially about me using the word S`U`C`K ...!!!
Wasn't IT "dumbed DOWN enuf" ...
And 'the' Gosnell MURDERS!
~-~
LMAO@)8~D> batshit crazy loon CRYING they removed her and her sock buddies. Maybe it was just as morbid as you are. Go take a nip/nap. You are the only one on here now that sucks. Suck it up. lol

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#119289 Aug 26, 2013
Death is too good for him. Hope he rots in prison. If he was in jhad territory we could of just sent a drone after him.

Hasan's crime stands out because it's so rare: Our view

Homegrown terrorism fails to spread in the USA since 9/11.

Much of the debate during the court-martial of Army Maj. Nidal Hasan was about the government's decision to call the killing of 13 fellow soldiers "workplace violence" rather than terrorism — a semantic argument of little consequence. The term was a legal tactic meant to strip Hasan of a potential defense.

With his conviction last week and the penalty phase set to start Monday, it's more important to ask whether his crimes are an anomaly or whether they signal a broader threat.

OTHER VIEWS: Will this jihadist be a martyr?

Hasan is by any measure a terrorist — a homegrown Islamist fanatic who went on a killing spree at Fort Hood, Texas, in a self-proclaimed jihad against the U.S. wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Splice his attack with the Boston Marathon bombings, carried out by two immigrant brothers who had been in the U.S. for a decade, and it's easy to sense a rising threat from within. One of the bombers was married and had a baby.

The "friendly and easygoing" younger brother was a student. They had seemed to assimilate. Until, of course, they used an al-Qaeda Internet recipe to build a bomb.

On closer scrutiny, Hasan and the Tsarnaev brothers appear to be an aberration. In the dozen years since 9/11, homegrown terrorists have been few. Their plots have been rare, their successes even more rare.

Numbers alone tell a big part of the story. Since 9/11, about 200 people have been indicted or have identified themselves as terrorists in the USA, according to Brian Jenkins, a RAND Corp. terrorism expert who studies and tracks their cases. They planned a total of 42 plots — fewer than four per year. They've managed to bring just three to fruition, and the death toll after all these years stands at 17 — all but four killed by Hasan in 2009.

That same year, another native U.S. citizen and Muslim convert, Carlos Bledsoe, killed one soldier and wounded another at an Army recruiting station in Arkansas. Despite the carnage in Boston, the Tsarnaev brothers killed just three.

There have been narrow escapes, notably the plot by Faisal Shahzad, a naturalized U.S. citizen from Pakistan, to bomb New York's Times Square. The device failed to detonate.

But for all al-Qaeda's recruiting efforts, there has not been much of a yield, considering that 2.8 million Muslims live in the U.S. There is "no army of sleepers, no vast jihadist underground," Jenkins says. In contrast, in the 1960s and '70s, the nation dealt with a parade of terrorist bombings from groups ranging from the far left Weather Underground to the Ku Klux Klan.

The message is that Hasan and his ilk are deluded, dangerous and despicable. But they are just one small segment of extremely violent criminals, and should be dealt with accordingly.

During his trial, Hasan made no secret of his desire to be sentenced to death, so he can be a martyr. Better to deny him his wish and lock him away for life in a tiny cell in a military prison, where the world will forget him but his jailers will never forget his crime.

Meanwhile, the rest of us should feel reassured that this era of terrorism has inspired loyalty not likely to be undone by a handful of fanatics, foreign or domestic.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2013/08...

American born terrorist are being recruited every day. There are some on here who could be their poster child.

DITCH MITCH
OZombies

Whittier, CA

#119290 Aug 26, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Every incident was a travesty,to say the least.
Every incident was carried out by radical Islamists.
Benghazi,1st WTC bombing and the USS Cole were also perpetrated by the same factions leading to the death of Americans with one major common denominator.
Zero response leading to Americans being left behind by liberal leaders.
DITCH OBLAMER
DITCH DemoCONS ...!!

Since: Oct 08

Stanford

#119291 Aug 26, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO@)8~D> batshit crazy loon CRYING they removed her and her sock buddies. Maybe it was just as morbid as you are. Go take a nip/nap. You are the only one on here now that sucks. Suck it up. lol
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
Sounds like some fun went down last night. Care to fill in a fellow extremist basher?

TIR
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#119292 Aug 26, 2013
Maryland Lawmaker Aims To Make ‘Political Churches’ Pay Taxes – Dear God, What Was He Thinking?

Talk about a holy war – heaven and hell are about to break open, and for good a cause. Many churches and organizations under the guise of The Lord, are playing dirty, dirty with politics, and much of the public is fed up. It wouldn’t surprise any of us if some of the churches were being ‘bought.’ That is their business. The taxes they should be paying to engage in politics, is our business.

According to the newsgroup, the New Civil Rights Movement, after the Tea Party cried and accused the IRS of targeting them, Rep Chris van Hollen (D-Maryland) filed a lawsuit for the federal courts to clarify the IRS obligation under that law.
Jean Ann Esselink writes:

What is the meaning of “exclusively”?

If the Court decides the agency was wrong when they changed “exclusively” to “primarily”, a whole lot of churches are going to have to get their noses out of politics, or start paying taxes. The Mormons, the Catholics and the Baptists alone would be on the hook for a tidy sum. Perhaps we could use the unexpected windfall to restore the Head Start cuts or to replace the food assistance funding in the Farm Bill the Republicans refused to pass. How is that for irony?

This made my day, my week – possibly my month. For much too long churches have engaged in corrupt manipulation, as they promote political propaganda to their parishioners, in the name of the Lord. Come election time, it’s downright blatant as videos are distributed to church members to remind them of the evil-doing Democrats and Liberals, and the saintly pseudo ‘Christian’ Conservatives. I aspire to Christian liberal beliefs with a dash of Buddhism - meaning I strive to live Christ-like with love (and I often fail). It has driven me crazy to see the blasphemous political shenanigans that take place in the churches around this country. These activities have driven me, and many others, from the church to find other ways to practice our faith. I say this because we are out there - groups like the Christian Left, and we are as stunned as anyone by the religious extremists who call themselves Christians and try to force feed their hateful BS to churches or anyone buying (or receiving). Some, not all, churches are tax-havens for rampant government speech. Why not just turn on a recording of Rush Limbaugh during the service. At least he proudly spews his sermon of lies, misogyny, racism, and lgbt-hating bigotry, for all to hear. He doesn’t hide behind the word of GOD. Rather, he hides behind the word of GOP.

The bottom line – If churches want to jump into the arena and play politics, time to pay taxes like the rest of us. Kudos to Chris Van Hollen. You have much support. Let us help you get this done.

http://samuel-warde.com/2013/08/maryland-lawm...

I think they should. When they stopped being in the business to save souls and turned into repukes mouthpieces to get votes, they are no longer non-profit. They have turned worshippers away by the thousands in the last few years. Sic the IRS on them. They deserve it like the teabaggers and their so called non profits.

RIP TEABAGGING GOP

RIP GOP
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#119293 Aug 26, 2013
OZombies wrote:
<quoted text>
DITCH DemoCONS ...!!
RIP TEABAGGING GOP

DITCH THE WITCH and her chemtrail zombie circus clowns

DITCH MITCH

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 11 min Awake 7,051
David Thompson 14 min Info 2
knox board of ed raising taxes 19 min vote out!! 112
food stamps 1 hr YOLO 41
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr BIG_STEVIE 81,659
2012 Ginseng Prices (Oct '12) 2 hr meeee 126
Chamges to Topix? 2 hr welp 4

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE