'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 244380 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Fox News Is A Joke

Shelbiana, KY

#119759 Aug 29, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
Michele Bachmann
"The last thing that the American people want is to get in the middle of a conflict in Syria that doesn’t represent an imminent threat to America or our national security interests.
Posted on Facebook 8/28/2013
Crazy Eyes voted for War in Iraq.

Hope she goes to Prison.
whitehair

Fort Thomas, KY

#119760 Aug 29, 2013
Fox News Is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>Crazy Eyes voted for War in Iraq.
Hope she goes to Prison.
About the most silly thing ever heard. Go to war between two factions killing themselves off because you don`t like the way they do it!! Since both hate and want to kill the U.S. totally as their religion designates it. Have to make up a lot of stories to cover this one. Just to save Obama `s red face!!

Since: Dec 11

.

#119761 Aug 29, 2013
Topbot wrote:
It amazes me how people like that can call themselves Christians and patriots with a straight face. They take freedom of speech to new lows every day. They make a mockery of the words "Christian" and "patriot" just by saying they are.
Sure don't act very Christian, or patriotic for that matter.
Are you talking about the chameleon man who poses as a child and talks to himself with his alias accounts?
Sounds like it...
you hit the nail on the head with a 20lb sledge!
Speaking of 20lb sledge (shameless plug):



:)
whitehair

Fort Thomas, KY

#119762 Aug 29, 2013
Fox News Is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>Crazy Eyes voted for War in Iraq.
Hope she goes to Prison.
Now that you mention it, didn`t most in Congress also vote for it? How many Democrats do you wish to send to prison?
whitehair

Fort Thomas, KY

#119763 Aug 29, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Tell you what you do. Go back to the biggest tax cut ever on the Richest in America during Reagan and see what happened to the middle class from that point on. The Repub Trickle Down from the top was the beginning of the middle class demise.
Back then, just getting out of school, found a job, career, made enough to have a good retirement now. It was a good time for all the poor and the middle class. This is where most of us fit in. The best of times. You just should have been here then, and maybe you would realize your spiel is off base.
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#119764 Aug 29, 2013
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
About the most silly thing ever heard. Go to war between two factions killing themselves off because you don`t like the way they do it!! Since both hate and want to kill the U.S. totally as their religion designates it. Have to make up a lot of stories to cover this one. Just to save Obama `s red face!!
Lying teabagger with ZERO Credibility

RIP RACIST TEABGGING GOP

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#119765 Aug 29, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking about the chameleon man who poses as a child and talks to himself with his alias accounts?
Sounds like it...
you hit the nail on the head with a 20lb sledge!
Speaking of 20lb sledge (shameless plug):

:)
Perfect description of your sick ass. I add shameless PIG instead.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#119766 Aug 29, 2013
If the WH creates a reason to engage America in a war with Syria, history will remember this as a betrayal of the Nobel Peace.
General Robert E Lee

Johnson City, TN

#119767 Aug 29, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
Ari needs a straight jacket.
AL, Can we borrow one of yours?
Mos zibby!
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#119768 Aug 29, 2013
Republican leaders asked to speak at March on Washington anniversary, declined

Conservatives complaining that the March on Washington anniversary celebration seems awfully partisan should note that they have only themselves to blame.

Speaker John A. Boehner and Majority Leader Eric Cantor, the House’s two most senior Republicans, were invited to speak at the 50th anniversary of the historic March on Washington — but declined.[…]

“They asked a long list of Republicans to come,”[civil rights activist Julian Bond]
continued,“and to a man and woman they said ‘no.’ And that they would turn their backs on this event was telling of them, and the fact that they seem to want to get black votes, they’re not gonna get ‘em this way.”

Boehner instead spoke at a small Congressional ceremony. Eric Cantor's reason for not being there, though, is rather odd:

Cantor, meanwhile, was asked 12 days ago to participate in Wednesday’s event commemorating Martin Luther King Jr.’s delivery of the famous “I Have a Dream” speech, according to an aide. The Virginia Republican, however, is currently traveling in North Dakota and Ohio, touring energy sites with Rep. Kevin Cramer, R-N.D., and participating in “nonofficial events,” according to an aide.

Hmm. You know, when someone asks you to participate in the anniversary celebration of one of the most important inflection points of modern American history, you should generally say yes.

You certainly shouldn't blow them off to tour North Dakota fracking sites, or whatever the hell he's claiming was more important.

That said, I disagree with Bond. I think declining a speaking spot was a perfectly appropriate choice on the part of conservative leaders, or at least the more intellectually honest one. Efforts to portray conservative reaction to the civil rights movement as anything less than hostile at the time (and hostile now) are insultingly dishonest, and having the community organizers, activists, spiritual leaders and labor leaders of that time putatively honored on the same spot by people like John Boehner or Eric Cantor, people who have open contempt for many of the goals expressed by those same leaders even now, might have been a bigger sin than any pretense at modern fluffy nonpartisanship could justify. Hooray that they were politely asked; hooray that they politely said no.

If Eric Cantor believes that it is more important to wander rural North Dakota in self-imposed exile than to show up to honor the 50th anniversary of one of the great moments and movements in American history, I am not about to argue with him. If only the rest of the conservative movement had even half as much self-restraint.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/08/28/1234...

Zero chance of getting the black vote once again. Nothing like acting like the racist creeps they are on an important date in America. They don't believe in MLK's dream, why would they show. No photo ops for them. Pretty disgusting of them. Pretty TYPICAL of them.

RIP RACIST TEABAGGING GOP

DITCH MITCH

Since: Dec 11

.

#119769 Aug 29, 2013
Fox News Is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>Crazy Eyes voted for War in Iraq.
Hope she goes to Prison.
"crazy eyes" sounds very sane.
Dimocrats (voted for the war) going also?
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#119770 Aug 29, 2013
Republicans are Courting Disaster as 57% of Americans Oppose Defunding Obamacare

A new Kaiser Health Tracking Poll released today found that Republicans are on the wrong course again, as 57% of respondents oppose their efforts to defund Obamacare.

The Kaiser Health Tracking Poll found that by a margin of 57%-36%, Americans oppose the Republican efforts to defund Obamacare. Democrats most strongly disapprove at 81%-15%. Independents disapprove by a margin of 53%-39%, but Republicans approve of the idea 60%-34%. Those who hold a favorable view of the ACA disapprove of the the efforts to defund the law 83%-14, and those who hold an unfavorable view support defunding 60%-33%.
This graphic shows that nearly 70% of Americans believe that using the budgetary process to defund Obamacare is not how our government is supposed to work:

It turns out that a large majority of the American people don’t want Obamacare defunded. It should come as a surprise to no one that the political instincts of Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, Jim DeMint, and Sarah Palin are completely out of step with the rest of the country. The only people who support the defund movement are the tiny base of Republicans that the right spends most of their time appealing to.

If the Republican Party caves to the right and shuts down the government in an effort to defund Obamacare, they will be courting an epic political disaster. Republicans will be taking a stand that is unpopular with nearly 60% of the country.

Politically, shutting down the government over Obamacare could be the straw that breaks the camel’s back in the 2014 elections.

A majority of Americans don’t support a government shutdown, or the defunding of the ACA. Mitch McConnell and many of the Senate Republicans are likely to hold out against the defund movement, but weak kneed John Boehner and his far right House caucus could shutdown the government with glee.

This is setting up a situation where the unpopular and out of control House Republicans drag down their entire party with their extremism.

Republicans already know that Obama won’t be blamed for a government shutdown, but that isn’t enough to stop House Republicans from undertaking their yearly act of political self destruction.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/08/28/republ...

Political suicide. Like the lemmings they are.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#119771 Aug 29, 2013
The Republican Party Is Not Just Two Faced, But Split In Half

With the GOP’s recent fragmentation into it’s various separate war camps, from Libertarians to the Tea Party, Bible-Thumpers to Moderates, things are on unsteady ground as far as the future of the right wing. One thing is certain however, and almost universally agreed upon- voters want a change.

The Pew Research Center recently published a study detailing some of the varied concerns expressed by conservative voters, and the results are staggering- two thirds said their party needed to address major problems in order to be able to compete in future elections, be they congressional or presidential, and a hefty 59% contended that to continue to exist, and receive their votes, the party would need to make alterations to at least one of their core positions.

Across the board, Republican voters are -not- happy with GOP leaders, often even expressing displeasure with those of the same shard as themselves, be they moderate Republicans, or extreme conservatives. While this journalist may agree that there are some things seriously wrong with the GOP, unfortunately however, that’s where the agreeance ends, the reason being that 54% desire for their party to take a more conservative outlook. Never fear, your faith in humanity needn’t be completely gone however, as a surprising 41% actually want a more moderate course to be taken, and 29% would even be willing to contend that their party has not compromised enough in recent years, with the remaining 71% being split fairly equally between the remaining options of,“the right amount” and,“not enough”.
This of course raises the question as to where the voters disenfranchised by the inevitable shift will go. Will the party fragment and lose relevance due to pressure from the voting block coupled with internal power struggles and stress-driven dissent? Will the party lunge sharply to one side or the other, and, if so, for whom do the voters disliking the change of events vote for? Whatever the end result, it appears that an iceberg is looming for Boehner’s Titanic, and the end result isn’t going to be very pretty for those still on board. Probably best to jump ship now onto a lifeboat to safer shores.

What is to be taken from all of this? In reality, that depends on who you are, and what the bigwigs choose to do- in the ideal situation, you welcome ex-Republicans and try to enlighten them in regards to the lies they’ve been fed for years by FOX, and help enlighten their views about their fellow man, help them understand that equality is important, for one and for all. If you happen to be one of the up-and-ups in the GOP, take this simply as advice- you’re a false step away from screwing yourself out of your political career, forever- and let’s face it, if you’re a GOP head, you’ve never worked a day in your life, you have no real world experience, and no job skills. In short, get on the right side of history.

Watch a Video Detailing The Republican party Split BELOW:

http://www.occupydemocrats.com/republicans-no...

RIP TEABAGGING GOP

DITCH MITCH
whitehair

Fort Thomas, KY

#119772 Aug 29, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying teabagger with ZERO Credibility
RIP RACIST TEABGGING GOP
DITCH MITCH
Simpleton. Think about it . Want to be the father of the sons going to this stupid war.?? Or , maybe you would be the stupid one to go to the war?

Our Country is borrowing money now and printing the same as fast as the presses can run! How soon do you think another war would finish the U.S. off? Think about it son. You should not just listen to your Mesiah!!!

Since: Dec 11

.

#119773 Aug 29, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Tell you what you do. Go back to the biggest tax cut ever on the Richest in America during Reagan and see what happened to the middle class from that point on. The Repub Trickle Down from the top was the beginning of the middle class demise.
Your perspective is skewed, because your thought process is screwed., not don't go away lewd...just go away DUDE!
I pointed out and explained your misrepresentation of fact/history multiple times on this line of thought.
You are wrong Reagan was RIGHT (literally and figuratively).
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#119774 Aug 29, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
Michele Bachmann
"The last thing that the American people want is to get in the middle of a conflict in Syria that doesn’t represent an imminent threat to America or our national security interests.
Posted on Facebook 8/28/2013
aaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaaaaa aaaaaaaaa quoting crazy eyes...where's your quitter palin quote? ROTFLMAO....you repukes reek of desperation. Dying parties and all, I would find someone close to being sane to quote. But then we are talking about arisocks right? ILIH was right, you need a strait jacket. You have burnt that one brain cell you have been working with. Sure must suck to be you. Did you and the loon drink up and get a room last night? hahahahaha

RIP TEABAGGING GOP

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#119775 Aug 29, 2013
How To Prove Obama LOWERED The Deficit In Four Easy And Indisputable Steps

The GOP, Fox News and AM Hate Radio regularly complain that Obama has raised the deficit. This is a lie. A very VERY big lie. It’s such a big lie and so easy to prove as a big lie that the fact 90% of the country thinks it’s true is one the greatest failures of the “liberal” media since they couldn’t be bothered to vet the Iraq War. The problem is that conservatives don’t want to know, independents can’t be bothered to look and liberals should be deeply ashamed for not knowing.
But worry not! It’s very VERY easy to clear up this misperception (and piss off conservatives to boot!) in just 4 simple steps.

Step One: Establish the facts of what the deficit is and how it works – Ask the conservative, uninformed “independent” or naughty liberal if they understand that the deficit is not the same as the debt. This is super important because the right has gone VERY far out of its way to confuse the two. And for good reason; the debt has never been higher. This is inevitable since we still have a deficit. The debt is a byproduct of the deficit. The only way to pay down the debt is to turn the deficit into a surplus.

The deficit is how much more we spend than we collect in revenue (taxes, etc.). The debt is how much we owe. The deficit is the credit card, the debt is the bill. A bill that the right wants to pin completely on Obama as if we didn’t have a penny of debt until he took office instead of having been built by almost a century of deficit spending by both Republican and Democratic presidents (but mostly Republican).

Do not proceed until these basic definitions are agreed upon or the conservative will attempt to weasel out of the hole you are digging for them by whining about how Obama increased the debt. If they try, mention that every president except Clinton has done that since World War II, why should Obama be singled out? When they invariably say “Because he’s gone higher than any president ever has!” The same was true of Bush at the time and no one on the right seemed upset about it. Ask them to explain why that is or to drop it and move on. Chances are they’ll drop it.

Step Two: Establish when the budget is passed – This is another deliberate lie the right LOVES to pass around. They would very much like you to believe that the 2009 budget with its record shattering $1.4 Trillion deficit was Obama’s. The reality is that budgets are passed and signed into law at the end of the year before. So the 2000 budget was signed into law by President Clinton and President Bush was stuck with it. In 2017, whoever takes the White House will have a budget signed into law in 2016 by the outgoing President Obama. Therefor, the 2009 budget was not “Obama’s,” it was Bush’s. If you need to prove this definitively, share this link to the CATO Institute. The CATO Institute is a respected but undeniably right-wing thing tank. The opening paragraph in their “About Us” section says:“The Cato Institute is a public policy research organization — a think tank – dedicated to the principles of individual liberty, limited government, free markets and peace.” No one in their right mind can argue the CATO Institute is “liberal.” Yet they clearly state that the 2009 budget does not belong to Obama.

CONtinued:

RIP TEABAGGING GOP

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#119776 Aug 29, 2013
Step 3: Establish what the 2009 deficit was – This will be a little tricky because at this point the conservative you’re talking to will be getting VERY uncomfortable with the conversation. They will try to turn the discussion to ANYTHING else at this point. Why? Because it is a tenet of faith among the right that the 2009 budget was $1.4 Trillion and it was all Obama’s fault. Here’s a link to Fox News that should freeze them in their tracks. The relevant part:

“The federal budget deficit tripled to a record $1.4 trillion for the 2009 fiscal year that ended last week, congressional analysts said Wednesday.– Published October 7 2009

The House and the Senate voted to pass the 2009 budget on June 4-5, 2008. President Bush signed off on all of it. Conservatives will try to blame the Democratic held Senate and House for the deficit but they can’t have it both ways. Either the president is responsible for the budget or he’s not. You can’t blame Obama while holding Bush blameless.

If you want to be a helpful wise ass, remind the person you’re talking to that Obama was elected in November and didn’t take office until January 21. That’s almost a full four months after the 2009 fiscal year, with its 2009 budget, started.

Step 4: What is the deficit now?– That’s easy. Go to the CBO’s page and look. the Congressional Budget Office is nonpartisan. They have to be, anyone can check their math and partisan games would be outed immediately. So here it is. Ready?
If the current laws that govern federal taxes and spending do not change, the budget deficit will shrink this year to $845 billion, or 5.3 percent of gross domestic product (GDP), its smallest size since 2008.

Is $845 Billion more or less than $1.4 Trillion? At this point, a conservative will be spitting nails or will have stopped talking to you several minutes ago. An independent voter should be trying to figure out how they could have been so completely wrong. A liberal should be deeply embarrassed they didn’t know.

Just so we’re all on the same page here. Obama knocked $555 BILLION off of the deficit. That’s an entire third of the total deficit. That’s more than every president in the history of the country put together. Republicans have been screeching for deficit cuts like demented harpies for years (except when a Republican is in office). If a Republican president did this, the Tea Party would be holding parades for him. Obama did it and 90% of the country doesn’t even know it. The GOP has them convinced the deficit is still going up.
Ignorance is the GOP’s best weapon. Knowledge is ours.

Read more: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/03/06/how-t...

RIP TEABAGGGING GOP

DITCH MITCH

Since: Dec 11

.

#119777 Aug 29, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Mos zibby!
"things you would say to a hooker"? for $200.00 please Alex.
:b
General Robert E Lee

Johnson City, TN

#119778 Aug 29, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
Republican leaders asked to speak at March on Washington anniversary, declined
Conservatives complaining that the March on Washington anniversary celebration seems awfully partisan should note that they have only themselves to blame.
Speaker John A. Boehner and Majority Leader Eric Cantor, the House’s two most senior Republicans, were invited to speak at the 50th anniversary of the historic March on Washington — but declined.[…]
“They asked a long list of Republicans to come,”[civil rights activist Julian Bond]
continued,“and to a man and woman they said ‘no.’ And that they would turn their backs on this event was telling of them, and the fact that they seem to want to get black votes, they’re not gonna get ‘em this way.”
Boehner instead spoke at a small Congressional ceremony. Eric Cantor's reason for not being there, though, is rather odd:
Cantor, meanwhile, was asked 12 days ago to participate in Wednesday’s event commemorating Martin Luther King Jr.’s delivery of the famous “I Have a Dream” speech, according to an aide. The Virginia Republican, however, is currently traveling in North Dakota and Ohio, touring energy sites with Rep. Kevin Cramer, R-N.D., and participating in “nonofficial events,” according to an aide.
Hmm. You know, when someone asks you to participate in the anniversary celebration of one of the most important inflection points of modern American history, you should generally say yes.
You certainly shouldn't blow them off to tour North Dakota fracking sites, or whatever the hell he's claiming was more important.
That said, I disagree with Bond. I think declining a speaking spot was a perfectly appropriate choice on the part of conservative leaders, or at least the more intellectually honest one. Efforts to portray conservative reaction to the civil rights movement as anything less than hostile at the time (and hostile now) are insultingly dishonest, and having the community organizers, activists, spiritual leaders and labor leaders of that time putatively honored on the same spot by people like John Boehner or Eric Cantor, people who have open contempt for many of the goals expressed by those same leaders even now, might have been a bigger sin than any pretense at modern fluffy nonpartisanship could justify. Hooray that they were politely asked; hooray that they politely said no.
If Eric Cantor believes that it is more important to wander rural North Dakota in self-imposed exile than to show up to honor the 50th anniversary of one of the great moments and movements in American history, I am not about to argue with him. If only the rest of the conservative movement had even half as much self-restraint.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/08/28/1234...
Zero chance of getting the black vote once again. Nothing like acting like the racist creeps they are on an important date in America. They don't believe in MLK's dream, why would they show. No photo ops for them. Pretty disgusting of them. Pretty TYPICAL of them.
RIP RACIST TEABAGGING GOP
DITCH MITCH
Dr. King was a good man who tried to give black people a hand up, not the hand out most look for today! You are a classic example of that senerio! Why don't you take your copy and paste black racist bullshit to an inner city topix, where you belong!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Timmy pork Jordan and Shannon 21 min Amy 6
Test scores 1 hr wow 10
Daniel Boone 2016 1 hr Ancient Warrior 12
anti virus for computer (Feb '13) 2 hr knows 19
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Betty 153,881
Does anyone practice White Magic? 4 hr Ancient Warrior 5
Giving up 9 hr Barbourbilly 30

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages