'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 243805 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#119647 Aug 28, 2013
Obama speaks on 50th anniversary of King speech

Large crowds gathered at the Lincoln Memorial, where President Barack Obama spoke at the same time that King delivered his spellbinding speech.

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama led civil rights pioneers Wednesday in a ceremony for the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington, where Dr. Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" speech roused the 250,000 people who rallied there decades ago for racial equality.

Large crowds gathered at the Lincoln Memorial, where the first black U.S. president spoke just after 3 p.m. ET — the same time that King delivered his spellbinding speech.

The first march was early in the turbulent 1960s, when the South still had separate restrooms, schools and careers for blacks and whites, and racism lingered across the country. In the two years following the march, President Lyndon Johnson signed the landmark Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act to outlaw discrimination, and King received the Nobel Peace Prize.

"There were couples in love who couldn't marry. Soldiers who fought for freedom abroad but couldn't find any at home," Obama said, speaking of that era. "America changed for you and for me," he added later.

But he pointed to the nation's economic disparities as evidence that King's hopes remain unfulfilled.

The name of that original march was the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom.

Obama has said King is one of two people he admires "more than anybody in American history." The other is Abraham Lincoln. Thousands of people were in attendance in wet weather.

Two former presidents, Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter, spoke movingly of King's legacy — and of problems still to overcome.

"This march, and that speech, changed America," Clinton declared.

Carter said King's efforts had helped not just black Americans, but "In truth, he helped to free all people."

Oprah Winfrey, Forest Whitaker and Jamie Foxx were among the celebrities

On Aug. 28, 1963, as King was ending his speech, he quoted from the patriotic song, "My Country 'tis of Thee" and urged his audience to "let freedom ring."

"When we allow freedom to ring — when we let it ring from every city and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual,'Free at last, free at last, great God almighty, we are free at last," King said.

The civil rights leader was assassinated five years later.

http://news.msn.com/us/obama-speaks-on-50th-a...

Wish I could have been there. Awesome speeches. I bet the republiCONS were crawling in their racists skins today. Article has all video speeches if you missed it. It is EVIDENT where the teabagging GOP wanted to take AMERICA BACK too eh?

RIP RACIST TEABAGGING GOP

DITCH MITCH
American Lady

Danville, KY

#119648 Aug 28, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
Obama speaks on 50th anniversary of King speech
Large crowds gathered at the Lincoln Memorial, where President Barack Obama spoke at the same time that King delivered his spellbinding speech.
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama led civil rights pioneers Wednesday in a ceremony for the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington, where Dr. Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" speech roused the 250,000 people who rallied there decades ago for racial equality.
Large crowds gathered at the Lincoln Memorial, where the first black U.S. president spoke just after 3 p.m. ET — the same time that King delivered his spellbinding speech.
The first march was early in the turbulent 1960s, when the South still had separate restrooms, schools and careers for blacks and whites, and racism lingered across the country. In the two years following the march, President Lyndon Johnson signed the landmark Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act to outlaw discrimination, and King received the Nobel Peace Prize.
"There were couples in love who couldn't marry. Soldiers who fought for freedom abroad but couldn't find any at home," Obama said, speaking of that era. "America changed for you and for me," he added later.
But he pointed to the nation's economic disparities as evidence that King's hopes remain unfulfilled.
The name of that original march was the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom.
Obama has said King is one of two people he admires "more than anybody in American history." The other is Abraham Lincoln. Thousands of people were in attendance in wet weather.
Two former presidents, Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter, spoke movingly of King's legacy — and of problems still to overcome.
"This march, and that speech, changed America," Clinton declared.
Carter said King's efforts had helped not just black Americans, but "In truth, he helped to free all people."
Oprah Winfrey, Forest Whitaker and Jamie Foxx were among the celebrities
On Aug. 28, 1963, as King was ending his speech, he quoted from the patriotic song, "My Country 'tis of Thee" and urged his audience to "let freedom ring."
"When we allow freedom to ring — when we let it ring from every city and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual,'Free at last, free at last, great God almighty, we are free at last," King said.
The civil rights leader was assassinated five years later.
http://news.msn.com/us/obama-speaks-on-50th-a...
Wish I could have been there. Awesome speeches. I bet the republiCONS were crawling in their racists skins today. Article has all video speeches if you missed it. It is EVIDENT where the teabagging GOP wanted to take AMERICA BACK too eh?
RIP RACIST TEABAGGING GOP
DITCH MITCH
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr's
SON, and sister SPOKE too!

Much, much BETTER message!

;~)
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#119649 Aug 28, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Ari has lost his noodle.
All kinds of crazy and ain't even tryin to hide it.
You got that right. Not even trying to disguise it, leaves little messages and hints...like his "misspelled" word etc...He did the same to me like he did during his 20 Jul meltdown using my name and his proxies to make a racist, bigoted comment and his spin names commenting on it then went in and out of his devices to pile on the icons. Although I am sure that batshit crazy loon helped. Pretty pathetic. I reported it and 20 mins later it was zapped as well as a whole bunch of their trash. Big gaps. Then claim it some people from one of their other threads they troll. I see her doing flips over the disgusting story of the church in Tenn. They can high five themselves all they want. They are being left behind, backward loser lemmings watching us leave them in the dust as we move FORWARD. They forget it is 2013.

I hope you had a pleasant day. It's feels like August today. lol

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

“Heaven doesn't want me.”

Since: Jul 13

Hell's afraid I'll take over.

#119651 Aug 28, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that right. Not even trying to disguise it, leaves little messages and hints...like his "misspelled" word etc...He did the same to me like he did during his 20 Jul meltdown using my name and his proxies to make a racist, bigoted comment and his spin names commenting on it then went in and out of his devices to pile on the icons. Although I am sure that batshit crazy loon helped. Pretty pathetic. I reported it and 20 mins later it was zapped as well as a whole bunch of their trash. Big gaps. Then claim it some people from one of their other threads they troll. I see her doing flips over the disgusting story of the church in Tenn. They can high five themselves all they want. They are being left behind, backward loser lemmings watching us leave them in the dust as we move FORWARD. They forget it is 2013.
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
Hey RC Co-Cola! Agreed on all points, especially the August one!
Hope you've had a great day. Busy here, can't stay but a minute or two, mainly just wanted to say "Hey". I found something I want to post, but don't have time right now so I'll do it later.
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#119652 Aug 28, 2013
Jury sentences Nidal Hasan to death for rampage
Nidal Hasan never denied being the gunman. In opening statements, he acknowledged to the jury that he pulled the trigger in a crowded waiting room.
FORT HOOD, Texas — A military court sentenced Maj. Nidal Hasan to death on Wednesday for the 2009 shooting rampage at Fort Hood, giving the Army psychiatrist what he believed would be a path to martyrdom in the attack on unarmed fellow soldiers.

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/jury-senten...

Will all you teabagging republiCONS go and protest for his DEATH sentence. Probably would never have happened if his superiors didn't pass him around knowing he was unbalanced prior to him arriving at Ft. Hood. Pass the buck to someone else to worry about. That was their way.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#119653 Aug 28, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
The church story is absurd right?! Laughable actually.
I am having a good day, thanks, hope you are too!
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#119654 Aug 28, 2013
George Zimmerman's wife pleads guilty to perjury charge

(CNN)-- Shellie Zimmerman, the wife of George Zimmerman -- who was acquitted of second-degree murder in Trayvon Martin's death -- pleaded guilty Wednesday to a misdemeanor charge of perjury.
She will be placed on probation for one year, is required to perform 100 hours of community service, and must pay court costs. She also must file a letter of apology within 30 days to Judge Kenneth Lester, who presided over her husband's case at the time the perjury was committed.

Prosecutors said Shellie Zimmerman lied when she told Lester during an April 2012 bond hearing for her husband that the family was indigent. In fact, they argue, George Zimmerman actually had about $135,000 at the time.

Recorded jailhouse phone calls between the couple caught the two speaking in code about their finances.

Zimmerman jail calls released

By pleading guilty to a lesser charge of perjury not in an official proceeding, she avoided the original third-degree felony offense -- perjury during an official proceeding -- that could have meant time in prison.

George Zimmerman was acquitted by a six-person jury in July on second-degree murder and manslaughter charges in the killing of Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Florida.

Zimmerman to ask for $200,000 from Florida for court costs

Shellie Zimmerman's guilty plea comes one day after her husband's attorney revealed plans to file a reimbursement request to the state of Florida for expenses incurred during his trial.

Under Florida law, an acquitted defendant cannot be held liable for court costs or any charges while detained in custody, as long as a clerk or judge consents to the refund.

The costs may include money spent for expert witnesses, travel expenses and fees for transcripts -- but do not include any attorney's fees.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/28/justice/florida...

Liars, thieves, killer, perfect repuke material. YOU just know they are republiCONS. Bet the Florida taxpayers are gonna love paying.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#119655 Aug 28, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey RC Co-Cola! Agreed on all points, especially the August one!
Hope you've had a great day. Busy here, can't stay but a minute or two, mainly just wanted to say "Hey". I found something I want to post, but don't have time right now so I'll do it later.
Hello crow, I left early this morning and it was already muggy. I couldn't wait to get home and in the AC. Too hot to even go swimming. I can't breathe out there. lol

Hope to see you later. Have a good evening.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

#119657 Aug 28, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
ILiH! Good to see you, chick. Glad you're having a good day.
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#119659 Aug 28, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
It is absurd for sure. One of the reasons people shy away from most of them. Getting too poltical. Lost that concept of teaching people to be Christ like and save souls. Hard to find a good one with old fashion Bible teachings and all that Love Thy Neighbor concept. I believe they will be judged harshly by the ONE who is suppose to judge us. Glad it wasn't that way when I was growing up. Too political and judgmental for me. If Jesus came back today I bet HE would shake his head in disgust at those teabagging repukes who forgot his teachings. You know He'd be a DEMOCRAT. lol

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

“ Trumpanzees...”

Since: Apr 13

..a basket of deplorables

#119663 Aug 28, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
The Dimocrat talking heads have brainwashed you well!
Rhetoric is actually an art, the art of speaking well and writing well and effectively. Lame stream media has misused the word so frequently...you probably think it's a bad thing!
rhetoric...(in writing or speech) is the undue use of exaggeration or display

Ari, is YOUR definition just the one you use to make yourself feel better?

#119664 Aug 28, 2013
Gotta run. Get 'em RC Co-Cola!*laughing and waving goodbye to ILiH*

#119665 Aug 28, 2013
Ack! Calvin, good to see you.

ari, get bent.

Bye!

“ Trumpanzees...”

#119666 Aug 28, 2013
American Lady wrote:
>>>--> Denizens of Harlan County don’t much care, though. Their primary concern at the board meeting was a bevy of complaints that local children are starving at lunch — and for the remainder of the school day — because the food on offer in the cafeteria is crappy and there isn't nearly enough of it.
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/27/kentucky-st...
the food is crappy, and there isn't enough?

GENIUS!!!
General Robert E Lee

Johnson City, TN

#119670 Aug 28, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooh, piece of candy.
They're sexy, sexy mods btw. Little man bragging about his kickers, found out mods got bigger ones. Wondered where the mods were, they showed him, didn't they? Wait til little man sees the kickers the state mods got.
Heh.
The funniest post I've ever seen! HAHAHAHA.
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#119671 Aug 28, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
Gotta run. Get 'em RC Co-Cola!*laughing and waving goodbye to ILiH*
I hear you Crow. I am off to go have dinner with my sister's family. I will be back later. Let the loon and arisocks play. Calvin will chew them up. haha Hope to see you here. Have a good evening.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
American Lady

Danville, KY

#119672 Aug 28, 2013
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
the food is crappy, and there isn't enough?
GENIUS!!!
WHY don't you COMMENT on "The Daily Caller"
Instead of JUMPING the messenger[me]!

Jump the MESSAGE ...

:)

“ Trumpanzees...”

#119673 Aug 28, 2013
American Lady wrote:
TENN. CHURCH UNDER FIRE AFTER ALLEGEDLY FORCING MOTHER OF LESBIAN TO CHOOSE BETWEEN THE CHURCH AND HER DAUGHTER
“They were given an ultimatum,” the Times Free Press reported.“They could repent for their sins and ask forgiveness in front of the congregation. Or leave the church.”
The sin was said to be the family’s support for Cooper’s daughter, Kat, who has successfully fought to make benefits available to same-sex spouses of government employees.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/23/te...
Kat - 1
God - 0
Lesbian kicked God's ass
General Robert E Lee

Johnson City, TN

#119674 Aug 28, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear you Crow. I am off to go have dinner with my sister's family. I will be back later. Let the loon and arisocks play. Calvin will chew them up. haha Hope to see you here. Have a good evening.
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
you are correct pubic CON, you are off!
rwb

Lima, OH

#119676 Aug 28, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
WE "need" JOBS!
That is WHAT the American Dream IS all about!
Striving for success!
Working for a living and becoming successful!
To at least PAY for your keep!
You don't work ...
You don't EAT!
It's in the Holy Bible
2 Thessalonians 3:10
1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
Correct! We need jobs, but if consumption declines and people aren't purchasing, there is no need for jobs. So which comes first, purchases to produce a need for jobs or jobs to produce products people can't purchase? I guess I don't understand how you can't see that. Businesses don't produce products if people can't purchase them.
A lot of people work and can't eat (well), you know that minimum wage thing. People underemployed, but work and barely afford basic necessities. Disabled that is unable to work, let them go hungry? Poor elderly, let them go hungry, you know they made poor decisions in their younger years. Where do we start to produce jobs? Businesses need a enough of a demand to produce and without that demand there will be no jobs.
Do you remember that nasty period in US history with the Depression and such? Remember the Works Program? Those people were given jobs and training, once they received jobs they started spending and paying taxes. Once they started spending & paying taxes there was a need for jobs to fulfill demand. Once those jobs got started, that made more of a demand and and increase in taxes. More of a demand increased US economy. People starving and not purchasing is not going to produce jobs and not paying taxes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wreck in Trosper!!! 5 min Just saying 5
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 12 min CriminalForever 153,736
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? 12 min MY GUESS 100
Need Daniel Boone Tickets 12 min Info 2
Affair going on at the hospital 1 hr biker 3
Anymore on Lynn Camp thievery? 1 hr justice for Pam 3
Daniel Boone 2016 1 hr Sarah 7

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages