'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 258906 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Well

United States

#119043 Aug 25, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Selective conservative memory at work.
Afghanistan was the response to 9/11, remember that?
Iraq was Bush's diversion to his incompetence in Afghanistan.
End of story.
How will Barry finish what he starts?

Beginning of next story.
Well

United States

#119044 Aug 25, 2013
Just want to know how it will be different this time.
Uncle Tab

United States

#119045 Aug 25, 2013
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
Beginning of next story.
What did he start??

Is this another republican crystal baller here?

Are you backing republican thoughts of doing something but disagreeing with democrats if we do something??

Be careful how you answer, cause we already know what republicans want to do..... War is the only economic plan republicans have had for their last 6 presidential terms.

“Heaven doesn't want me.”

Since: Jul 13

Hell's afraid I'll take over.

#119046 Aug 25, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Great to have people here that really knows what happened and doesn't spin it.
Great post!
Thanks Tab. Sorry, I was AFK getting lunch started.

#119048 Aug 25, 2013
Well wrote:
Just want to know how it will be different this time.
Like Tab said, nothing's been "started" yet. Yet probably being the key word, there.

If America does get involved in that mess, I don't see how it could possibly turn out any differently than Iraq - a quagmire, an exercise in futility. We could make a few positive changes, perhaps, but the minute our soldiers' boots leave the sand, the warring factions will probably be right back at it again.

It's a fine line between allowing atrocities and butting in.

What do you think will happen?
Uncle Tab

United States

#119049 Aug 25, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Tab. Sorry, I was AFK getting lunch started.
Welcome Back
rwb

Lima, OH

#119050 Aug 25, 2013
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
Beginning of next story.
What, Barry didn't put us in Afghanistan. At least Bush did finally respond to the 9/11 attack. Besides that, bottom line of the 'fear' of WMD's in Iraq, who did they get those WMD's that we were looking for? Does President Ronald Reagan VP George HW Bush ring a bell with the assistance of Donald Rumsfeld? Lets go on and look at the Iran/Contra scandal. Oh wait, we can't... GW Bush pardoned all of those charged before they could go before a court of law and we could possibly get to ANY truth. Although even if it went to court, we still would not have gotten to the truth. http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#119052 Aug 25, 2013
Hello Uncle Tab (welcome back) and Crow. How are you this fine Sunday. I see the circus clowns have been recruiting. I guess since we wouldn't troll their other sites with them they had them come here. PRICELESS

I don't know about you, but I think like me you have a real life that takes most of your time and it isn't trolling thread after thread trying to make some friends. hahaha This thread I have been with since the Senate race is enough for me. I don't have the time or desire to interact with more crazies like these.

Tab, I had a day at Nolin with friends and family. They left at the crack of dawn yesterday. My nephew was already there with one speed boat, one pontoon, they had huge tents and two motor homes. Great set up they do several times a year. I almost stayed all night, but I had enough sun, water, etc and came home to sleep in my comfy bed and have some peace and quiet. haha

In my younger days, you couldn't drag me home before the weekend was over. haha

Hope you two have a wonderful Sunday. It is beautiful out.

DITCH MITCH
Uncle Tab

United States

#119053 Aug 25, 2013
rwb wrote:
<quoted text>
What, Barry didn't put us in Afghanistan. At least Bush did finally respond to the 9/11 attack. Besides that, bottom line of the 'fear' of WMD's in Iraq, who did they get those WMD's that we were looking for? Does President Ronald Reagan VP George HW Bush ring a bell with the assistance of Donald Rumsfeld? Lets go on and look at the Iran/Contra scandal. Oh wait, we can't... GW Bush pardoned all of those charged before they could go before a court of law and we could possibly get to ANY truth. Although even if it went to court, we still would not have gotten to the truth. http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...
FACT!!

Nice to have more educated folks coming here.

Very enjoyable.
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#119054 Aug 25, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Good! Sexy, sexy mods ;)
Honestly though, Tab, not all Republicans are as demented as the ones on here. I've got Republicans in my family (Mormon Republicans, no less...talk about your festive holiday get-togethers!) and several Republican friends. None of them are as bad as these nut jobs, so I don't think we're seeing a true representation here.
Hey Crow, same here. They all think for themselves and do not repeat fauxbox talking points. They don't agree with the President on a lot of things, but they respect that he is the two time elected PRESIDENT. I agree, this bunch is the racist scrap of the bottom fauxbox feeders. I don't hate anyone, but I sure feel sorry for these repukes for the blackness in their hearts. Sad. smh

You and Calvin were kicking butt last night. lol

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#119055 Aug 25, 2013
Colin Powell: Voting restrictions ‘are going to backfire’ on Republicans

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell on Sunday warned fellow Republicans that voting restrictions designed to reduce the turnout of minorities, young people and seniors were “going to backfire” on the party.

Powell told CBS host Bob Schieffer that the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn part of the Voting Rights Act had been followed by states “putting in place procedures and new legislation that in some ways makes it a little bit harder to vote, you need a photo ID.”
“And they claim there is widespread abuse and voter fraud, but nothing documented, nothing substantiates that,” he pointed out.“There isn’t widespread abuse. And so these kinds of procedures that are being put in place to slow the process down and make it likely that fewer Hispanics and African-Americans might vote, I think, are going to backfire because these people are going to come out and do what they have to do in order to vote. And I encourage that.”

Powell added that he wanted to give Republicans the benefit of the doubt that they wanted to improve the voting system,“but when they start to say, let’s restrict the number of voting hours or make it harder for students to vote, then I have to get a little bit suspicious of it.”

“Here’s what I say to my Republican friends: The country is becoming more diverse. Asian-American, Hispanic-Americans and African-Americans are going to constitute a majority of the population in another generation. You say you want to reach out, you say you want to have a new message, you say you want to see if you can bring some of these voters to the Republican side. This is not the way to do it.”

“The way to do it is to make it easier for them to vote,” Powell insisted.“And then give them something to vote for that they can believe in. It’s not enough just to say, we have to have a new message. We have to have a new substance to that new message.”

Watch this video from CBS’ Face the Nation, broadcast Aug. 25, 2013

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/25/colin-p...

That's not all that will backfire on them. They are doomed. Everyday they get more bizarre. I love Colin Powell. He backed Obama in both elections and should switch parties. He makes a better DEM.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

#119056 Aug 25, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
Hello Uncle Tab (welcome back) and Crow. How are you this fine Sunday. I see the circus clowns have been recruiting. I guess since we wouldn't troll their other sites with them they had them come here. PRICELESS
I don't know about you, but I think like me you have a real life that takes most of your time and it isn't trolling thread after thread trying to make some friends. hahaha This thread I have been with since the Senate race is enough for me. I don't have the time or desire to interact with more crazies like these.
Tab, I had a day at Nolin with friends and family. They left at the crack of dawn yesterday. My nephew was already there with one speed boat, one pontoon, they had huge tents and two motor homes. Great set up they do several times a year. I almost stayed all night, but I had enough sun, water, etc and came home to sleep in my comfy bed and have some peace and quiet. haha
In my younger days, you couldn't drag me home before the weekend was over. haha
Hope you two have a wonderful Sunday. It is beautiful out.
DITCH MITCH
Hey, RC Co-Cola! What a great camping set up - I'm so glad you had a wonderful time. I'm with you on the sleeping thing - every so often friends camp by the river at my place, nothing as elaborate as your campsite, though! When they invite me to join them, I just tell 'em I've got a California King waiting for me at the top of the hill...lol. If I tried to sleep on the ground these days, I wouldn't be able to move for a week!

It *is* a beautiful day, isn't it? After lunch I'm going fishing, I think.
Uncle Tab

United States

#119057 Aug 25, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Good! Sexy, sexy mods ;)
Honestly though, Tab, not all Republicans are as demented as the ones on here. I've got Republicans in my family (Mormon Republicans, no less...talk about your festive holiday get-togethers!) and several Republican friends. None of them are as bad as these nut jobs, so I don't think we're seeing a true representation here.
My best friend is republican. When I say all republicans, say low IQrs..... That's just for the dumb low IQ republicans here.

The republicans here would never say the things face to face that they type here..... They can't copy and paste in an actual face to face debate so they'd be lost. Know what I mean?? They aren't educated enough to say these things other than here.

They're just drone parrots, nothing factual in their posts.

And I'd bet the republicans you know personally aren't nearly as uneducated and bigoted as these repubs are.

I know my best friend isn't bigoted at all.
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#119059 Aug 25, 2013
LMAO@cruz.....

Ted Cruz: Republicans repealing Obamacare to help African-Americans and Hispanics

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) says that Republicans are working to defund and repeal President Barack Obama’s health care reform law in order to help African-Americans and Hispanics.

In an interview with CNN that aired on Sunday, Cruz told host Candy Crowley that he was “not convinced” that the president would continue to refuse to repeal his signature legislation if Republicans forced a government shutdown.

The Texas Republican admitted that he did not yet have the votes to shut down the government, but he didn’t expect the fight to heat up until September.

“It’s going to take a tsunami, and I’m going to do everything I can to encourage that tsunami,” he explained.

“But what about, you lost?” Crowley asked.“This has been put into law. It’s already law. Why not just get on board and try it?”

“Because it’s not working and it’s hurting Americans,” Cruz insisted.“And by the way, the people that it’s hurting the most are the most vulnerable among us are the more vulnerable among us. The people who are losing their jobs are young people, are Hispanics, are African-Americans, are single moms. I don’t think that’s fair, I don’t think that’s right.”

According to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, 500,000 young African-Americans and 913,000 Latinos have already benefited from Obamacare because they have been allowed to stay on their parents’ health care plans. Additionally, 6.8 million African-Americans and 10.8 million Latinos will have opportunities to buy coverage through health care exchanges.

Watch this video from CNN’s State of the Union, broadcast Aug. 25, 2013.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/25/ted-cru...

Guess these idiots don't think there are statistics out there that shoot down all their bullshit. Jeeze, these repukes are ignorant. This is one huge fabricated lie for cruz. I guess they can't help themselves. They will all come back to bite them. Voters aren't that stupid.

I guess if Obama is considered a muslim because his dad was from Kenya, then cruz must be considered a COMMUNIST since his dad was from CUBA. Ya think? hahaha

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Uncle Tab

United States

#119060 Aug 25, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
Former Secretary of State Colin Powell on Sunday warned fellow Republicans that voting restrictions designed to reduce the turnout of minorities, young people and seniors were “going to backfire” on the party.
Powell told CBS host Bob Schieffer that the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn part of the Voting Rights Act had been followed by states “putting in place procedures and new legislation that in some ways makes it a little bit harder to vote, you need a photo ID.”
“And they claim there is widespread abuse and voter fraud, but nothing documented, nothing substantiates that,” he pointed out.“There isn’t widespread abuse. And so these kinds of procedures that are being put in place to slow the process down and make it likely that fewer Hispanics and African-Americans might vote, I think, are going to backfire because these people are going to come out and do what they have to do in order to vote. And I encourage that.”
Powell added that he wanted to give Republicans the benefit of the doubt that they wanted to improve the voting system,“but when they start to say, let’s restrict the number of voting hours or make it harder for students to vote, then I have to get a little bit suspicious of it.”
“Here’s what I say to my Republican friends: The country is becoming more diverse. Asian-American, Hispanic-Americans and African-Americans are going to constitute a majority of the population in another generation. You say you want to reach out, you say you want to have a new message, you say you want to see if you can bring some of these voters to the Republican side. This is not the way to do it.”
“The way to do it is to make it easier for them to vote,” Powell insisted.“And then give them something to vote for that they can believe in. It’s not enough just to say, we have to have a new message. We have to have a new substance to that new message.”
That's not all that will backfire on them. They are doomed. Everyday they get more bizarre. I love Colin Powell. He backed Obama in both elections and should switch parties. He makes a better DEM.
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
Hiya Ms RC. I watched Powell as he said that today. And he's right. But you know when a black republican says that, to the bigots, it won't matter. But when black republicans mention an impeachment that will never happen, republicans are all over it.

Mental instability at its best. Facts don't interest them, fear, doom, and gloom on the other hand, they thrive on.

I've never been to Nolin Lake, but have spent a lot of time at Lake Cumberland and Dale Hollow Lake. Used to rent a houseboat on Dale Hollow once a year. But with kids that's not the best thing with the partying and all.
Well

United States

#119063 Aug 25, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Tab said, nothing's been "started" yet. Yet probably being the key word, there.
If America does get involved in that mess, I don't see how it could possibly turn out any differently than Iraq - a quagmire, an exercise in futility. We could make a few positive changes, perhaps, but the minute our soldiers' boots leave the sand, the warring factions will probably be right back at it again.
It's a fine line between allowing atrocities and butting in.
What do you think will happen?
I agree, another quagmire. I don't think there is a line though. We are in or out. We won't be allowed to get a little bit involved. It will be "game on".

#119064 Aug 25, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
I haven't always agreed with Colin Powell, but I've always respected his opinion, and totally agree with him on these points. I love the statement "And then give them something to vote for that they can believe in." Eloquent and just awesome.
Uncle Tab

United States

#119065 Aug 25, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
LMAO@cruz.....
Ted Cruz: Republicans repealing Obamacare to help African-Americans and Hispanics
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) says that Republicans are working to defund and repeal President Barack Obama’s health care reform law in order to help African-Americans and Hispanics.
In an interview with CNN that aired on Sunday, Cruz told host Candy Crowley that he was “not convinced” that the president would continue to refuse to repeal his signature legislation if Republicans forced a government shutdown.
The Texas Republican admitted that he did not yet have the votes to shut down the government, but he didn’t expect the fight to heat up until September.
“It’s going to take a tsunami, and I’m going to do everything I can to encourage that tsunami,” he explained.
“But what about, you lost?” Crowley asked.“This has been put into law. It’s already law. Why not just get on board and try it?”
“Because it’s not working and it’s hurting Americans,” Cruz insisted.“And by the way, the people that it’s hurting the most are the most vulnerable among us are the more vulnerable among us. The people who are losing their jobs are young people, are Hispanics, are African-Americans, are single moms. I don’t think that’s fair, I don’t think that’s right.”
According to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, 500,000 young African-Americans and 913,000 Latinos have already benefited from Obamacare because they have been allowed to stay on their parents’ health care plans. Additionally, 6.8 million African-Americans and 10.8 million Latinos will have opportunities to buy coverage through health care exchanges.
Watch this video from CNN’s State of the Union, broadcast Aug. 25, 2013.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/25/ted-cru...
Guess these idiots don't think there are statistics out there that shoot down all their bullshit. Jeeze, these repukes are ignorant. This is one huge fabricated lie for cruz. I guess they can't help themselves. They will all come back to bite them. Voters aren't that stupid.
I guess if Obama is considered a muslim because his dad was from Kenya, then cruz must be considered a COMMUNIST since his dad was from CUBA. Ya think? hahaha
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
As we see here on a daily basis Ms RC...... Republicans and facts are two words you can't use in the same sentence.

:-D the spin is amazing.....as they go on and on about hating other races and being bigots, and making sure those very same people have a very difficult time voting. They claim to care.

How sad is that, the people who vote for them are amazingly ignorant and so easily fooled.

You'd think two presidential elections would have shown them by now they're behind the times.
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#119066 Aug 25, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, RC Co-Cola! What a great camping set up - I'm so glad you had a wonderful time. I'm with you on the sleeping thing - every so often friends camp by the river at my place, nothing as elaborate as your campsite, though! When they invite me to join them, I just tell 'em I've got a California King waiting for me at the top of the hill...lol. If I tried to sleep on the ground these days, I wouldn't be able to move for a week!
It *is* a beautiful day, isn't it? After lunch I'm going fishing, I think.
It is a great set up. They have been doing it for years. Tubing, skiing, fishing, music, cards, corn hole, volleyball/badminton, lots of good food, laughs galore. But I am a wuss when it comes to camping out. Even the motor home. I have stayed in in everytime I stay all night. Still don't get any sleep, everyone coming in for the AC, watching DVD's etc..Sometimes I just take the drive home and go back the next day if I am not to wiped out. Did enough of that in my younger years. Too much fun. I like Rough River too, but Nolin is the place. I love to fish too. Hope you get some fresh fish for dinner. There is nothing like it. Yummy.

Had fun last night playing with the clowns. They must be recruiting for their circus on the other threads. hahaha

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Uncle Tab

United States

#119067 Aug 25, 2013
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, another quagmire. I don't think there is a line though. We are in or out. We won't be allowed to get a little bit involved. It will be "game on".
A bunch of Tomahawk missiles to take out their Air Force would be a strong message. No need for boots on the ground.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr CriminalForever 159,355
Brent Ledford 1 hr jct 3
finger lickin good 1 hr licker 1
News B'ville man found dead in jail cell (Aug '10) 6 hr Jack 66
maddog 8 hr Wondering 4
Missing man in artemus 11 hr Concerned Cousin 23
Reward!!! For turning in drug dealers. (Jan '11) 14 hr Holly Molly 209

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages