'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
104,001 - 104,020 of 146,195 Comments Last updated 17 min ago
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

treebeard wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you were lied to. Infrared lights aren't used to establish pot from corn. They are used to detect grow lights in a house or underground.

I don't know about being lied to, perhaps I didn't explain it good enough at your lower level. In my area we are surrounded by corn fields. At night you can hear copters flying low. They did demonstrate how these lights were used. Very interesting. Try growing some in your cornfield some time.

“Heaven doesn't want me.”

Since: Jul 13

Hell's afraid I'll take over.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Calvin_Coolish wrote:
...and trailing clammoring like ones done-in by the Scooby Doo gang...
And they'd have gotten away with it, too, if it wasn't for those meddling kids.

Hey all.
Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Calvin_Coolish wrote:
Calvin Coolish shows up and the run like a brood of baby chickens
Cal.... We've had em in the ropes all day coming and going. You showing up makes em run even quicker.

They talk about repub jobs plans that not one repub voted for.

How's that for an informed republican voter?

:-D

“Could've been a contender here”

Since: Apr 13

I couldn't find no fight, here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

...or the vanishing of some, invited to let their .'individuality' and 'diversity' shine, by a group that thinks just like you think and believes everything you believe.

“"Who's happier than me?"”

Since: Oct 11

Brush mountain Ky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Have "fun" reading" ...
At issue here is tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC. THC is the psychoactive component of the cannabis plant - the part that produces the buzz, the munchies, the distorted sense of time and distance. All cannabis plants contain some THC. Hemp quality cannabis contains a small amount; marijuana quality cannabis contains a whole lot.
But Michael Troop, U.S. attorney for the Western District of Kentucky, has pointed out that even the low levels of THC found in most hemp quality cannabis plants are comparable to the levels of THC in the marijuana produced during the 1960s and 1970s.
And that's how marijuana growing found its way to the Central Kentucky knobland. When farm boys from Marion and Washington counties were sent to Vietnam, they discovered that the tall, leafy hemp plants growing wild behind grandma's barn back home contained the stuff fellow soldiers were smoking in Saigon - smoking and paying big, big money for.
The result was the rise of a mammoth marijuana - growing industry. For much of the 1980s, the single largest cash crop in Marion County was not tobacco but marijuana. The easy money bred greed and evil like a fly breeds maggots
Ask any Washington Countian about Rottweiler puppies with the larynxes slashed, and they'll tell you in hushed tones about the dope grower who didn't want raiders of his pot fields to hear his guard dogs coming.
Ask any Marion Countian about marijuana - bought mansions, marijuana - bought trucks, marijuana - bought police detectives, about little kids finding thousands of dollars in an abandoned barn, and about a whole generation of farm boys who will be middle aged before they see the outside of federal prison.
Ask any Kentuckian about the Corn-bread Mafia, the largest domestic marijuana - producing operation in the history of the United States. Police made 56 Corn-bread Mafia arrests in five states, 54 Marion Countians and two from Washington County - men who vanished into 20 year prison terms, leaving behind corrupted communities and shattered families.
Why don't you ask those families whether they think it's a good idea to introduce industrial hemp into Kentucky again as a cash crop?
Try telling them that law enforcement officers wouldn't end up having to test every plant in afield for its THC level before they could make a bust.
http://www.sarnia.com/groups/antidrug/rltychc...
H~E~M~P
is
a
GOOD
thing!
Hemp cultivation and production do not harm the environment. The USDA Bulletin #404 concluded that hemp produces 4 times as much pulp with at least 4 to 7 times less pollution...
Consider a few more facts about hemp:
Hemp does not require herbicides or pesticides.
Hemp can be grown in a wide range of latitudes and altitudes.
Hemp replenishes soil with nutrients and nitrogen, making it an excellent rotational crop.
Hemp controls erosion of the topsoil.
Hemp converts CO2 to oxygen better than trees.
Hemp produces more oil than any other crop, which can be used for food, fuel, lubricants, soaps, etc.
Hemp nut is a very healthy food, being the highest protein crop (after soybean) and high in omega oils.
Hemp can be used for making plastics, including car parts.
Hemp makes paper more efficiently and ecologically than wood, requiring no chemical glues.
Hemp can be used to make fiberboard.
Hemp can be used to make paint.
Hemp can produce bio-fuel and ethanol (better than corn).
Hemp can be grown more than once per year.
Seriously why do you make everything so complicated?
This is it nothing more to say.The absolute truth...I have no reason to lie!
Reality: The THC levels in industrial hemp are so low that no one could get high from smoking it. Moreover, hemp contains a relatively high percentage of another cannabinoid, CBD, that actually blocks the marijuana high. Hemp, it turns out, is not only not marijuana; it could be called "antimarijuana."
That's it....just ole ditch weed!
PEACE
tofy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!!
It's easier to fly over hundreds of homes a night than try to get warrants to get 100's of electric bills to prove an increase of power.
And the inside grows glow like a sumbitch on FLUR.
Plants don't give any illumination at night.
....... From what I hear.:-)
if they do, that's the good shit, I imagine
Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about being lied to, perhaps I didn't explain it good enough at your lower level. In my area we are surrounded by corn fields. At night you can hear copters flying low. They did demonstrate how these lights were used. Very interesting. Try growing some in your cornfield some time.
They're looking for people doing some Miracle Grow dumps and making sure plants don't get pollinated.

Separating males from females

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
And they'd have gotten away with it, too, if it wasn't for those meddling kids.
Hey all.
lol
way to hit your cue, Crow

Brush mountain Ky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Reality: The THC levels in industrial hemp are so low that no one could get high from smoking it. Moreover, hemp contains a relatively high percentage of another cannabinoid, CBD, that actually blocks the marijuana high. Hemp, it turns out, is not only not marijuana; it could be called "antimarijuana."
If you ever smoked ditch weed in the 60's or 70's
somebody pranked you! good grief!

PEACE
TOFY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Cal.... We've had em in the ropes all day coming and going. You showing up makes em run even quicker.
They talk about repub jobs plans that not one repub voted for.
How's that for an informed republican voter?
:-D
could they be smarter that we thought?
lol
how many dairy farmers do you know who drink milk?
hehehehehe

"Uh, Cal.uh, uh, that ain't milk, yo."

Brush mountain Ky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Police go around at night and read peoples electric meter if the usage is high they get a warrant and raid that persons home or buildings!
PEACE
tofy

No choppers yet this year...lol
BTW most crops busts are the result of other growers tipping off the police. Cuts down on competition!
Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
if they do, that's the good shit, I imagine
Yup! THAT'S the Hydro!!

Brush mountain Ky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
They're looking for people doing some Miracle Grow dumps and making sure plants don't get pollinated.
Separating males from females
They don't understand about the male and female plants Uncle Tab
PEACE
tofy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

how many brewers do you know who drink beer?

OK, bad example...

the 'milk' thing
goodnight Patriots
goodnight Parrots
Goodnight Unc, Crow, Ms R, Tofy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

And Love

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
way to hit your cue, Crow
Thankee. I try.

Recovering nicely from that strep throat I see? Excellent.
Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

this ones for you wrote:
If you ever smoked ditch weed in the 60's or 70's
somebody pranked you! good grief!
PEACE
TOFY
There was a stretch in the 80's as well. But very true..... They aren't the same at all.

Misinformation.

The Timber Industry (big business running amuck) at it best.

Things are changing at a much faster rate than I thought it would be. To be honest, I see it being legalized in 5 years and regulated as alcohol.

Really screws drug testing at the job huh?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

this ones for you wrote:
Police go around at night and read peoples electric meter if the usage is high they get a warrant and raid that persons home or buildings!
PEACE
tofy
BTW most crops busts are the result of other growers tipping off the police. Cuts down on competition!
Too true, tofy. No brotherly love between growers, for sure.
Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

this ones for you wrote:
PEACE
tofy
Or snitches turning in people to collect money from crime stoppers to buy pills.

I would much rather be around ppl smoking illegal pot than anyone doing legal pills.

Pills are much more of a problem than pot AND pot smokers are not pill poopers. Counter productive.

Brb folks.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

G'nite Calvin. Dream sweet.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

38 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Any couples into SCAT??? 4 min Jason lake 6
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 15 min cathyjudy 26,185
Greg Simpson and Betsy Cecil stealing 28 min Tara 15
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 40 min SNYB 128,589
Crystal Gray 1 hr Let me know 3
just seen what goin on 1 hr huh 4
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 4 hr oscar 16,116
Stivers Center fixes 6 hr City Slicker 26
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE