'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 274824 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

OZombies

United States

#118155 Aug 21, 2013
http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/201...

WHO CAN DENY IT?
Obamacare is Accelerating U.S. Towards a Part - Time Nation
Uncle Tab

United States

#118156 Aug 21, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock!
:-D

Those writers and Sheldon are brilliant on that show
Uncle Tab

United States

#118157 Aug 21, 2013
OZombies wrote:
No comment from the president on Christopher Lane Australian student killed in OK or three 15 year old black guys beating 13 year old on a bus?
But, we heard that "Cambridge police acted stupidly" and "if I had son he would look like Trayvon Martin"... why Mr. President?
This 2 previous incidents don't do anything for liberals. No one even talks about it? Too much violence on TV, video games, rap music, degrading women, immorality, broken families ...this is huge problem this days, why no one talks about that?
The President doesn't have time to commit on every single murder that happens in our country.

What jobs plans do republicans have to put Americans to work?

Why are republicans not working with the President to help fix what damage was done by the previous republican president??

You all do nothing but constantly blame blame blame here and never bring up republican ideas to fix things.

It's easier to constantly go on and on about Obama when there are NO republican plans to do anything.

Divert divert divert.
Jay

Springville, TN

#118159 Aug 21, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
They look for bills that are doubled or higher from the previous year.
Kids leaving a door open wouldn't be a blip on third screen
*******

I was joking dumbass! Geez, get real!!!
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#118160 Aug 21, 2013
Debunking Almost Every Republican Lie Against President Obama

I’ve read thousands upon thousands of comments by Republicans in the 14 months since I founded my page Right Off A Cliff. Usually what they say doesn’t bother me, because often it’s just ridiculous. The thing that does drive me nuts is that about 95% of what they say is completely inaccurate.

Let me shred some of their Fox News fed rhetoric:
Obama has been the biggest spending President in history! FALSE. Year to year spending increases have been less than 1%. They’re also at their lowest rate of year to year increases since Eisenhower.

Obama has spent more than all other Presidents in history! FALSE. On January 20, 2009 our national debt was $10.6 trillion, today it’s $16.7 trillion—for a $6.1 trillion increase. For the mathematically challenged,$6.1 trillion is less than $10.6 trillion. This also doesn’t factor in the money spent in 2009, which gets tagged to President Obama, was actually passed by Bush.

*This also doesn’t take into account much of the cost of both the Iraq and Afghanistan wars had not been put on our books by the Bush administration.
Obama is a Muslim! FALSE. You’re an idiot and I’m not even going to explain why.

Obama isn’t an American! FALSE. See above.

Obama is a Communist/Socialist/Fascist! FALSE. They’re all different—it’s impossible to be all 3. Then with stocks setting new records, having their best 10 day stretch since 1996, and increasing by more than 100% since their lows in 2009…he would be the worst Communist, Socialist or Fascist that has ever existed.

Obama is always on vacation! FALSE. President Obama took 131 vacation days in his first 4 years in office. That puts him on pace for 262 days during 8 years in the White House. By contrast Bush took 1,020 days (including a 5-week vacation–the longest by any President in nearly 4 decades), and Reagan took 484 days. Once again for the mathematically challenged, Obama is on pace to take fewer vacations than both Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush.

The economy has gotten worse under Obama! FALSE. Are you insane, have selective memory or both? In February 2009, we lost 651K jobs. In February 2013, we added 236K jobs. Again, for the mathematically challenged, that’s a positive shift of 887K jobs from our losses in February 2009 to our gains in February 2013.

I’ve seen the rebuttal to these numbers, so I’ll squash it right now before moving on:
Those jobs numbers are a lie! No, they’re from the same source which Republicans have used to saddle Obama’s job losses (from his first year in office… and only his first year). So you can’t use a source to support your argument, then ignore that very same source when it no longer supports what you want to believe.

Unemployment is at record highs! FALSE. Unemployment hit a high during November 2009 of 10%, it’s now at 7.7%.

I can already hear the Republican rebuttal to this one as well,“But that doesn’t include the people who have stopped looking for work!” I hate to burst your bubble, but the unemployment rate never includes those who have given up looking for work. This isn’t a shift in what defines our unemployment rate, this is how it has been calculated for quite some time.

Continued

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#118162 Aug 21, 2013
CONtinued:

Fun history lesson: When Reagan took office, unemployment was at 7.5%. Within his first 18 months in office unemployment shot all the way up to 10.8%.

Obamacare is unconstitutional! FALSE. The Affordable Care Act was passed by Congress, signed by the President and the Supreme Court ruled that it was in fact Constitutional.

Obama wants to rule like a dictator, he’s the Executive orders President! FALSE. In his 4+ years, President Obama has issued 147 Executive orders, and is on pace to issue 288 by the end of his second term. By comparison, George W. Bush issued 291 Executive orders while in office and Ronald Reagan signed 381 during his 8 years in the White House. President Obama is on pace to issue fewer Executive orders than both George W. Bush and Ronald Reagan.

Obama has been terrible for business! FALSE. Corporate profits are up 171% since President Obama took office and are at their highest levels, relative to the size of economic growth, since 1947.

Obama has waged a war on the rich! FALSE. We’ve added over 300,000 new millionaires, for a total of 8.9 million, approaching the all-time high of 9.2 million.

Obama is out to take away our Second Amendment rights! FALSE. Well, not anymore than Ronald Reagan or George W. Bush wanted to. He wants to put back in place the assault weapons ban that was supported by Reagan and Bush that expired in 2004.

He also wants to limit magazine size to 10 rounds and require universal background checks for all gun purchases–something that is overwhelmingly supported by most Americans, regardless of political affiliation.

I’ll stop there. I could have continued, but I’d risk going into fringe stories such as microchips and FEMA concentration camps that really don’t deserve anyone’s attention.

The point is, these statements comprise the vast majority of comments I read from Republicans, and they’re completely inaccurate.

This is why political debate goes absolutely nowhere these days. It’s hard to have rational discussion with people who are starting their argument based on complete lies. Not only do they base their argument on these lies, they want these lies to be true. Even when you present them with indisputable factual data that contradicts their beliefs, it makes absolutely no difference.

And therein lies the problem. They’re suffering from cognitive dissonance. Simply put, it’s where the brain creates it’s own reality when faced with two conflicting beliefs. You see this often in abusive relationships. One partner is abused, but wants to believe their partner loves them–because that’s what they’re told. They then equate abuse to love and convince themselves that it’s okay, because they want to believe that the person abusing them actually does love them. Their brain can’t comprehend the conflicting realities, so they create some alternate form of reality which justifies these conflicts.

That’s where we’re at with Republicans. They want to believe the lies they’ve been fed, even though reality doesn’t support them. With this conflict they’ve created an alternate reality where facts don’t matter, science doesn’t matter, reality doesn’t matter, history doesn’t matter and math doesn’t matter…

And that’s very dangerous.

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/debunking-...

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
American Lady

Danville, KY

#118163 Aug 21, 2013
A Lesson From David the Duck

Poor David was a duck who couldn’t quack,
he lost his voice and never got it back,
one morning when he woke and tried to talk,
it came out in a funny whispered squawk.

The female ducks would laugh when Dave came near,
he’d wheeze hello, but none of them would hear,
the ducklings called him names like “Broken Beak”
so poor old Dave decided not to speak.

Believing that his vocal chords were junk,
he took a vow of silence like a monk,
he’d smile and nod to every other bird,
but swam around quite soundless – not a word.
And then one day he heard a big drake cry:
“It’s hunting season, we all have to fly!

No need to check the calendar, I’ve looked –
unless we hit the air our goose is cooked!”
“Stay here,” another quacked,“until the Spring,
we’d be a perfect target on the wing,
our pond is isolated, have no fear,
we’ve never had a man with gun come here!”

Another yelled:“You’ll throw away your lives!
The hunters now have cars called four-wheel drives!
They venture where they never could before,
they’ll come around this neighborhood, for sure!”
“That’s right,” another cried,“let’s not be schmucks,
no need to stay and die as sitting ducks,”

“Don’t listen,” yelled another,“take off now
and you will hear that dreadful noise: Kapow!”
The ducks were in a flap and going spare –
some urged the rest to fly into the air,
while others said they really need to hide,
the air was death – to fly was suicide…

And that’s when David Duck swam into view,
he cleared his throat and shouted:“All of you!”
You should have seen the faces on the flock -
one female quacked and fainted with the shock!
“Nobody’s going anywhere,” Dave said,
“Start flying and the air will fill with lead,
you listen up to me and don’t be conned,
the safest place is right here in this pond!”

“So how come,” asked a mallard,“you can speak?
You've always been a mute – a kind of freak,
we never heard a peep while flying South,
not one word ever issued from your mouth.”
“My throat cleared up some years ago,” said Dave,
“but I’d observed how all of you behave –
you quack, quack loudly every single day,
but no-one really has a thing to say!”

“But hunters will be coming,” cried a drake,
they’ll find us sitting here, for Heaven’s sake,”
“We’ll be quite safe,” said David,“in the reeds,
there’s lots of spots to hide amongst the weeds!
“The hunters have been killing ducks for years,
and all they have to do is use their ears,
they wait until they hear a tell-tale quack
then shoot until they fill their game bird sack!

“So listen, ducks and drakes and girls and boys,
the secret is: to not make any noise,
we’ll last the hunting season’s fourteen weeks,
and all you have to do is SHUT YOUR BEAKS!”
They all survived that season, thanks to Dave,
the ducklings called him hero, wise and brave,
and David earned a feather in his cap,
he’d taught the lesson: Sometimes, Shut Your Trap!

By Graeme King

==========

A "great" parable/lesson to LEARN!
Especially for libTARDS ...

How can ya tell if they're LYING?
They are 'typing' on TOPIX!

the libTARD 'haven'
Viper's DEN!

:)
Uncle Tab

United States

#118164 Aug 21, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
*******
I was joking dumbass! Geez, get real!!!
Didn't know from the glow in the dark pot plants that no ones ever heard of.

:-D

Another meltdown.
Jay

Springville, TN

#118165 Aug 21, 2013
treebeard wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys, too! I'm starting to get caught up on daily life. A lot of good it will do me, I have another reenactment to work next month! O well, I'll get to play for a little while at least.
*********

YOU? A reenactor, LOL.....you certainly are!!!
OZombies

United States

#118166 Aug 21, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
The President doesn't have time to commit on every single murder that happens in our country.
What jobs plans do republicans have to put Americans to work?
Why are republicans not working with the President to help fix what damage was done by the previous republican president??
You all do nothing but constantly blame blame blame here and never bring up republican ideas to fix things.
It's easier to constantly go on and on about Obama when there are NO republican plans to do anything.
Divert divert divert.
Right, only Australia and entire world is outraged. Three young American thugs killed Australian student just because they were bored. Yes president has to comment on something like that.

What does that do to Americas image around the world? Obama can take 5 minutes from his golf game and comment on something like that.
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#118167 Aug 21, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
I'm fading fast, guys, so I'm gonna call it a night. It's been real, as always.
Dream sweet.
Good night Crow, Go watch the Jon Stewart show on Comedy Channel, our idiot GRANDrand is on. It's a repeat. The first thing out of his mouth John says that's your first lie. Should be next commercial. Hilarious.

Have sweet dreams, it's been real.

DITCH MITCH
Uncle Tab

United States

#118168 Aug 21, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
I'm fading fast, guys, so I'm gonna call it a night. It's been real, as always.
Dream sweet.
Nite Crow
Uncle Tab

United States

#118169 Aug 21, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
CONtinued:
Fun history lesson: When Reagan took office, unemployment was at 7.5%. Within his first 18 months in office unemployment shot all the way up to 10.8%.
Obamacare is unconstitutional! FALSE. The Affordable Care Act was passed by Congress, signed by the President and the Supreme Court ruled that it was in fact Constitutional.
Obama wants to rule like a dictator, he’s the Executive orders President! FALSE. In his 4+ years, President Obama has issued 147 Executive orders, and is on pace to issue 288 by the end of his second term. By comparison, George W. Bush issued 291 Executive orders while in office and Ronald Reagan signed 381 during his 8 years in the White House. President Obama is on pace to issue fewer Executive orders than both George W. Bush and Ronald Reagan.
Obama has been terrible for business! FALSE. Corporate profits are up 171% since President Obama took office and are at their highest levels, relative to the size of economic growth, since 1947.
Obama has waged a war on the rich! FALSE. We’ve added over 300,000 new millionaires, for a total of 8.9 million, approaching the all-time high of 9.2 million.
Obama is out to take away our Second Amendment rights! FALSE. Well, not anymore than Ronald Reagan or George W. Bush wanted to. He wants to put back in place the assault weapons ban that was supported by Reagan and Bush that expired in 2004.
He also wants to limit magazine size to 10 rounds and require universal background checks for all gun purchases–something that is overwhelmingly supported by most Americans, regardless of political affiliation.
I’ll stop there. I could have continued, but I’d risk going into fringe stories such as microchips and FEMA concentration camps that really don’t deserve anyone’s attention.
The point is, these statements comprise the vast majority of comments I read from Republicans, and they’re completely inaccurate.
This is why political debate goes absolutely nowhere these days. It’s hard to have rational discussion with people who are starting their argument based on complete lies. Not only do they base their argument on these lies, they want these lies to be true. Even when you present them with indisputable factual data that contradicts their beliefs, it makes absolutely no difference.
And therein lies the problem. They’re suffering from cognitive dissonance. Simply put, it’s where the brain creates it’s own reality when faced with two conflicting beliefs. You see this often in abusive relationships. One partner is abused, but wants to believe their partner loves them–because that’s what they’re told. They then equate abuse to love and convince themselves that it’s okay, because they want to believe that the person abusing them actually does love them. Their brain can’t comprehend the conflicting realities, so they create some alternate form of reality which justifies these conflicts.
That’s where we’re at with Republicans. They want to believe the lies they’ve been fed, even though reality doesn’t support them. With this conflict they’ve created an alternate reality where facts don’t matter, science doesn’t matter, reality doesn’t matter, history doesn’t matter and math doesn’t matter…
And that’s very dangerous.
http://www.forwardprogressives.com/debunking-...
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
Those are the talking points used here we shoot down daily. Lol

“I was born a poor, black child”

Since: Jan 07

that weren't no easy thing

#118170 Aug 21, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
I'm fading fast, guys, so I'm gonna call it a night. It's been real, as always.
Dream sweet.
Night, Crow! Ed says take a deep breath and reeeelaaaax.
;)
wtf

Glasgow, KY

#118171 Aug 21, 2013
The ObaMORONS on this thread have reached the edge. They lie and spin and deceive and distort and distract...they are playing "follow your phony leader" and seem very desperate in their attempts to focus on anything other than Obama's horrible economy and his many failed policies.

When I see a name on this thread and know they speak the truth and are intelligent, I read their posts. When I see uncle scooter flabby ass or goat girl or green cheese eater ILIH name I just go to another thread.

They have cried racist wolf so many times they have cancelled out any legitimate racial issue. They have dumbed themselves down to the point of no return for their messiah. They are a lost cause. Not worth my time to read their posts anymore. RepugnantCON has completely lost it with his Mitch obsession. Creepy! I don't hang out with liars and thieves and idiots in my personal life so why would I want to hang out on the computer with those ass clowns?

I have to say that not reading their lies and fairy tales and not dealing with repugnantCON's Mitch obsession...makes topix a much nicer place and just reading facts and truth makes this thread more enjoyable!
Uncle Tab

United States

#118172 Aug 21, 2013
American Lady wrote:
A Lesson From David the Duck
Poor David was a duck who couldn’t quack,
he lost his voice and never got it back,
one morning when he woke and tried to talk,
it came out in a funny whispered squawk.
The female ducks would laugh when Dave came near,
he’d wheeze hello, but none of them would hear,
the ducklings called him names like “Broken Beak”
so poor old Dave decided not to speak.
Believing that his vocal chords were junk,
he took a vow of silence like a monk,
he’d smile and nod to every other bird,
but swam around quite soundless – not a word.
And then one day he heard a big drake cry:
“It’s hunting season, we all have to fly!
No need to check the calendar, I’ve looked –
unless we hit the air our goose is cooked!”
“Stay here,” another quacked,“until the Spring,
we’d be a perfect target on the wing,
our pond is isolated, have no fear,
we’ve never had a man with gun come here!”
Another yelled:“You’ll throw away your lives!
The hunters now have cars called four-wheel drives!
They venture where they never could before,
they’ll come around this neighborhood, for sure!”
“That’s right,” another cried,“let’s not be schmucks,
no need to stay and die as sitting ducks,”
“Don’t listen,” yelled another,“take off now
and you will hear that dreadful noise: Kapow!”
The ducks were in a flap and going spare –
some urged the rest to fly into the air,
while others said they really need to hide,
the air was death – to fly was suicide…
And that’s when David Duck swam into view,
he cleared his throat and shouted:“All of you!”
You should have seen the faces on the flock -
one female quacked and fainted with the shock!
“Nobody’s going anywhere,” Dave said,
“Start flying and the air will fill with lead,
you listen up to me and don’t be conned,
the safest place is right here in this pond!”
“So how come,” asked a mallard,“you can speak?
You've always been a mute – a kind of freak,
we never heard a peep while flying South,
not one word ever issued from your mouth.”
“My throat cleared up some years ago,” said Dave,
“but I’d observed how all of you behave –
you quack, quack loudly every single day,
but no-one really has a thing to say!”
“But hunters will be coming,” cried a drake,
they’ll find us sitting here, for Heaven’s sake,”
“We’ll be quite safe,” said David,“in the reeds,
there’s lots of spots to hide amongst the weeds!
“The hunters have been killing ducks for years,
and all they have to do is use their ears,
they wait until they hear a tell-tale quack
then shoot until they fill their game bird sack!
“So listen, ducks and drakes and girls and boys,
the secret is: to not make any noise,
we’ll last the hunting season’s fourteen weeks,
and all you have to do is SHUT YOUR BEAKS!”
They all survived that season, thanks to Dave,
the ducklings called him hero, wise and brave,
and David earned a feather in his cap,
he’d taught the lesson: Sometimes, Shut Your Trap!
By Graeme King
==========
A "great" parable/lesson to LEARN!
Especially for libTARDS ...
How can ya tell if they're LYING?
They are 'typing' on TOPIX!
the libTARD 'haven'
Viper's DEN!
:)
....... And this is what republicans bring to the table.

NOTHING!
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#118173 Aug 21, 2013
Sure hope Injudgement sees that debunking the republiCON lies he will love the "Again, for the mathematically challenged" part. Great article full of facts. Deny all they want. Bunch a right-wing rhetoric and propaganda.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

“I was born a poor, black child”

Since: Jan 07

that weren't no easy thing

#118174 Aug 21, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
*********
YOU? A reenactor, LOL.....you certainly are!!!
Well, that made tons of sense. I'm not a reenactor, I only sell to them. So, I'm more of a carnie. There, that should make your jokes much easier.
I have chicken legs, too, if you are that desperate for material.
Uncle Tab

United States

#118175 Aug 21, 2013
OZombies wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, only Australia and entire world is outraged. Three young American thugs killed Australian student just because they were bored. Yes president has to comment on something like that.
What does that do to Americas image around the world? Obama can take 5 minutes from his golf game and comment on something like that.
It's 24/7 job.

What don't you people realize that??

Is he to sit at that desk and not get up to even shower or use the bathroom?

LMAO

the golf just kills you people doesn't it? After all the untruths you all go on about, he needs some relaxation.

When he's like Dumbya and takes THREE years of vacation in 8 years, get back with us.

Now go find a jobs plan you can back from republicans and we'll talk about that bust make sure you read it and understand it. son of stupid doesn't understand tax breaks for outsourcing and I schooled him on it this morning.

Hurry back when you have something productive to debate about b
Jay

Springville, TN

#118176 Aug 21, 2013
wtf wrote:
The ObaMORONS on this thread have reached the edge. They lie and spin and deceive and distort and distract...they are playing "follow your phony leader" and seem very desperate in their attempts to focus on anything other than Obama's horrible economy and his many failed policies.
When I see a name on this thread and know they speak the truth and are intelligent, I read their posts. When I see uncle scooter flabby ass or goat girl or green cheese eater ILIH name I just go to another thread.
They have cried racist wolf so many times they have cancelled out any legitimate racial issue. They have dumbed themselves down to the point of no return for their messiah. They are a lost cause. Not worth my time to read their posts anymore. RepugnantCON has completely lost it with his Mitch obsession. Creepy! I don't hang out with liars and thieves and idiots in my personal life so why would I want to hang out on the computer with those ass clowns?
I have to say that not reading their lies and fairy tales and not dealing with repugnantCON's Mitch obsession...makes topix a much nicer place and just reading facts and truth makes this thread more enjoyable!
**********

Boy! You said it!!! Bunch of phony asshats. Great symbol, it defines them all! They don't read what any of us post. The first thing they do is get their little spammer icons going so you can't comment after them. I've never met a liberal yet that didn'nt have his head where the sun don't shine...especially the queen of them all, repugnantCon!! Lost cause that one is!!!

Good post, as usual!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Food for Thought with Hatti and The Specialist. 5 min Hatti_Hollerand 39
Who saw the bigfoot on Turkey creek? 11 min Barry 2
Jessica Diane Hubbard 55 min Friend 52
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Mickey402 164,716
Re Elect Jm Hall VOTE Steve Warren in 2018 3 hr jack 40
Somebody please call Poison Control! 8 hr Scatman 2
Where is ashley Hubbatd . And Steven Parks at 8 hr Sadie 3
Barbourville City Police 8 hr Wondering 10

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages