'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 259073 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#114684 Aug 10, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, no viruses, no pm's and no flowers!
But in the interest of the book Johnny's writing, it should be noted that white tiger lilies are my very favorite.
I love them, I need to get some bulbs. I have about a dozen pink stargazer lilies. Nothing smells up a room better than picking some and bringing them in the house. I love them, yellow dust on your nose and all. lol Those white ones are beautiful. Most of my flowers are pink, red roses, pink roses, a mix of both. My neice gave me all the pink bulbs I planted a few years ago. They are awesome. My Mom's favorite color was pink. She loved to get them too.

Did you know lilies meaning signifies "wealth and pride." I have the PRIDE down, wealth, not so much...but I have what I need.:)

Here is some for you with some of my pink ones mixed in. Just looking at them makes me smell them. haha

http://www.bing.com/images/search...

Where is everyone? About time for the )8~D> loon to rise from her stupor. haha

DITCH MITCH

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#114685 Aug 10, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
You're more than welcome, chick, and I meant every word of it. You didn't miss much. Glad you're feeling better today.
Much better, thanks. I woke up to some sunshine and laid on the beach for a while, then ran to the mall for my chocolate/caramel apples.

It was a good morning. I have an engagement party at 5 and no gift yet. I should probably get on that soon.
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#114686 Aug 10, 2013
For ari/jay....your crack about silence for your rambling glee at the President's ratings going down...big deal. They will go back up as soon as more people sift through the teabagging/GOP propaganda. I still bet he never leaves office with the worst in history 22%. haha Either way you are stuck with him 3 more years...deal with. The MAJORITY votes counted. Loser denying lemming tool.

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Saturday shows that 47% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Obama's job performance. Fifty-two percent (52%) disapprove (see trends).

Presidential Job Approval Center
Be sure to compare to other Presidents, but especially pay attention to those numbers for women (48%), 18-29 age group (49%) and 50-64 (47%) age group.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/124922/Presidentia...

You act like it's 22% like Bush had, the lowest in HISTORY. When it gets that low you can jump for glee asswipe. 1000+ polled doesn't represent the MAJORITY that voted for him. Keep trying ari/jay. As soon as they sort out all the lies and so called scandals it will go up. Watch and see.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#114687 Aug 10, 2013
Rand Paul’s week of delusion

The 2016 hopeful can’t decide if he’s a brave truth-teller or just another bobbing and weaving politician

If nothing else, I usually give Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul credit for boldness. But in a publicity barrage this week, the man who’s almost certainly running for president this week behaved more like Mitt Romney than Romney’s two-time rival Ron Paul, Rand’s dad.

We saw Deceptive Paul in an answer to a question from Bloomberg’s Joshua Green about how he’d cut the federal budget. He compared his cuts to “the Penny Plan, which cuts 1 percent a year for five or six years and balances the budget. Many Americans who have suffered during a recession have had to cut their spending 1 percent, and they didn’t like doing it, but they were able to do it to get their family’s finances back in order. I see no reason why government can’t cut 1 percent of its spending.”

Maybe it can, maybe it can’t – but that’s not what Paul is proposing. As Ezra Klein points out, Paul’s budget eliminates the Departments of Commerce, Education. Housing and Urban Development, and Energy, and cuts the State Department budget by more than 50 percent. Maybe, like Rick Perry, Paul couldn’t remember all the agencies he wanted to cut. More likely, he’s doing the GOP shuffle, hiding his stands that are unpopular with voters.

Green did bring out Wingnut Paul once, by asking him whom he’d pick for Fed chair.“Hayek would be good,” he joked, referring to the father of Austrian economics,“but he’s deceased …[Milton] Friedman would probably be pretty good, too, and he’s not an Austrian, but he would be better than what we have.” When Green pointed out Friedman is dead, too, Paul deadpanned,“Yeah. Let’s just go with dead, because then you probably really wouldn’t have much of a functioning Federal Reserve.” Sounds like his old man!

We saw Prickly Paul when he was interviewed on NPR Wednesday by CNBC’s John Harwood, who asked him about his former staffer, the neo-Confederate Jack Hunter. He blasted Harwood for not wanting “an intelligent discussion.”

When the host quoted the Economist describing “racist and nativist” elements within libertarian politics, Paul said,“Don’t you have something better to read than a bunch of crap from people who don’t like me? I mean that won’t make for much of an interview if I have to sit through reading after recitation of people calling me a racist.”

Paul added, in reference to Hunter,“If you look at his writings, there are a lot of problems and a lot of disagreements, and none of it do I support, but none of it was racist.” That’s rich: Paul is now the judge of what’s racist. But wait, there’s more. Not only is he the best judge of what’s racist, he’s the best defender of minority rights, too.

“There is no greater defender, truly, of minority rights, if you consider minorities to be the color of your skin or the color of your ideology, than myself,” he told Harwood.“I will stand up there with the most progressive members of the caucus.”
That’s Delusional Paul.

Continued

DITCH TEABAGGING GOP

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#114688 Aug 10, 2013
Continued:

Then he went the full Reince Priebus, accusing ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos of manufacturing the GOP war on women because he asked Mitt Romney if he supported the Supreme Court’s Griswold v. Connecticut decision legalizing birth control.“You can look back to the last primary season and you wonder whether there was collusion between some reporters,” he told Geraldo Rivera.
“You know, Stephanopoulos asks an obscure question about Griswold and birth control when no Republicans were bringing up anything about trying to put limits on birth control … I’m in favor of the Griswold decision because I am in favor of privacy. But the thing is, it was a weird thing to bring up in a debate, and nobody understood why. But then for two years, the president’s campaign then ran ads saying that the Republicans were against people allowing birth control. So you wonder if there was a concerted action between a former Democrat operative and basically the president’s campaign.”

Rivera challenged him:“Are you alleging that George Stephanopoulos was a Democrat plant during the debate?”

“I’m saying that there, it makes you wonder, and he’s also said publicly that he has frequent correspondence with his friends who are still involved with the White House. So the question is, are you going to get a fair shake, and I think it’s a reasonable question for Republicans to ask.”
In fact, Rick Santorum had already been talking about contraception, and insisting Griswold had been wrongly decided, on the campaign trail. So I’m not sure if that was Crackpot Paul or Lying Paul. You be the judge.

Whether it helped him or not, Paul’s star turn with major national reporters this week is the clearest evidence yet that he’s planning a 2016 presidential run. What’s also clear is that he hasn’t decided whether he’s going to run as the far-right extremist that he is, or whether he’s going to try to tone down or simply hide his less popular stands. Since his appeal with the Tea Party base lies not only in his extremism but in his candor about it, the latter would seem a risky strategy. He’ll have plenty of competition to his right if he stumbles. You know how Tailgunner Ted Cruz feels about “squishes.”

http://www.salon.com/2013/08/09/rand_pauls_we...

Maybe it can, maybe it can’t – but that’s not what Paul is proposing. As Ezra Klein points out, Paul’s budget eliminates the Departments of Commerce, Education. Housing and Urban Development, and Energy, and cuts the State Department budget by more than 50 percent. Maybe, like Rick Perry, Paul couldn’t remember all the agencies he wanted to cut. More likely, he’s doing the GOP shuffle, hiding his stands that are unpopular with voters.

Wingnut Paul

Prickly Paul

“racist and nativist”

Delusional Paul

Crackpot Paul

Lying Paul

far-right extremist

Perfect descriptions of GRANDrand.

DITCH TEABAGGING GOP

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#114689 Aug 10, 2013
Ted Cruz will never be president

Breathless staffers say he’s got 2016 plans, but the Tea Party bully will never win a national election. Bank on it
During the 2012 election cycle I occasionally ran stories declaring that various Republicans being touted as White House material “will never be president.” Sarah Palin after her narcissistic Gabby Giffords meltdown; Newt Gingrich early in his race-baiting campaign; Mitt Romney after his British Olympics screw-up.

I batted 1.000 for that cycle, but it was easy. In 2016, Republicans won’t be facing a Democratic incumbent, so somebody has a shot. I recently wrote that New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie will never be president, due to his out-of-control anger issues, but candidly, I think that’s my riskiest one yet.

I feel no risk in stating unequivocally that despite the delusions of his Senate staffers and supporters, who told the National Review’s Robert Costa that they expect him to run in 2016, far-right Texas Sen. Ted Cruz will never be president. Costa is a good reporter with excellent sources; it’s a good story. I’m not doubting its veracity. So far he’s been more circumspect about his 2016 plans than Rand Paul and Marco Rubio, which some people attributed to questions about his eligibility for the presidency (he was born in Canada but his mother was a U.S. citizen). The story states clearly that Cruz’s legal advisers say he’d have no problem with eligibility. So there are unlikely to be Cruz “birthers”; Democrats don’t do xenophobia and racism quite like the far right, which loves Cruz.

And according to Costa, the Cruz boom isn’t just delusion within his office, or on the outer fringe of the Tea Party.“If you don’t think this is real, then you’re not paying attention,” an unnamed “Republican insider” told Costa.“Cruz already has grassroots on his side, and in this climate, that’s all he may need.”

Costa’s story comes a day after our Alex Pareene laid out how the arrogant Cruz is alienating members of his own party – he recently called them “squishes”– by hyping his role in defeating background checks. No doubt this news of his 2016 dreams only 100 days into his first Senate term will further alienate many colleagues. But there’s no doubt he’s endeared himself to the party’s far right by belittling Sen. Dianne Feinstein and her constitutional knowledge and maligning Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel with such malevolence that Sen. John McCain rebuked him. Tailgunner Ted – he even looks like Joe McCarthy – also thrilled conservatives by claiming there were 12 “communists” on the faculty when he studied at Harvard Law School (I don’t think he was including Obama).

Continued:

DITCH TEABAGGING GOP

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#114690 Aug 10, 2013
Continued:

Cruz will certainly scratch an itch on the right. Just as in 2012, there will be two different contests for the GOP in 2016 – the Tea Party primary, and then the contest for the actual candidate. One person might win both, but it’s hard to imagine. Michele Bachmann, Herman Cain, Rick Perry each took a turn as Tea Party darling, and Bachmann and Cain actually took turns as front-runners, but all were fairly laughable throughout.
In 2016, that Tea Party primary will likely include Sens. Rand Paul and Marco Rubio – Ted Cruz’s addition would hurt both of them, but competition among the three right-wingers might also help the chances of a Chris Christie or even Jeb Bush.

Costa also tweeted out some key points from his story, and this one was interesting:

Movement players who are mixed on Paul, sour on Christie, anti-Jeb, and disappointed in Rubio are actively looking for a new candidate
They’re “disappointed” in Rubio because of his immigration reform push, and “mixed” on Paul probably because he’s such a loon – one month filibustering over the use of drones, the next month saying we should use drones against domestic criminals. Paul doesn’t seem quite ready for prime time, let alone the Oval Office. That certainly leaves room for the smooth Cruz as the Tea Party favorite unsullied by compromise, and relatively sane – but expert in the kind of crazy the Tea Party likes.

But Cruz is a far-right ideologue. Despite his surname, he’s unlikely to help the GOP win over Latinos – he only got 35 percent of the Texas Latino vote in 2012, less than John Cornyn got in 2010, and besides, he sometimes plays down his Latino (Cuban) roots, proclaiming himself Irish and Italian (on his mother’s side) as well. He’s positioning himself to win the Tea Party primary but he’ll never win a general election.

Still, he’s even making a sly run into blue-state territory, headlining the New York Republican Party’s dinner May 29. He might rake in Wall Street cash – PayPal libertarian gazillionaire Peter Thiel is a big fan, and Cruz’s wife works for Goldman Sachs — but most New York Republicans are unlikely to forgive his vote against Hurricane Sandy aid. Here’s hoping Rep. Peter King can pause his anti-Muslim grandstanding to remind New Yorkers they shouldn’t let a man wwho wouldn’t give them Sandy funding use them as an ATM. We’ll keep you posted.

http://www.salon.com/2013/05/01/ted_cruz_will...

Notable comments:

far-right Texas Sen. Ted Cruz will never be president

some people attributed to questions about his eligibility for the presidency (he was born in Canada but his mother was a U.S. citizen). The story states clearly that Cruz’s legal advisers say he’d have no problem with eligibility. So there are unlikely to be Cruz “birthers”; Democrats don’t do xenophobia and racism quite like the far right, which love him the arrogant Cruz is alienating members of his own party

They’re “disappointed” in Rubio because of his immigration reform push, and “mixed” on Paul probably because he’s such a loon – one month filibustering over the use of drones, the next month saying we should use drones against domestic criminals. Paul doesn’t seem quite ready for prime time, let alone the Oval Office. That certainly leaves room for the smooth Cruz as the Tea Party favorite unsullied by compromise, and relatively sane – but expert in the kind of crazy the Tea Party likes.

DITCH TEABAGGING GOP

DITCH MITCH

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#114691 Aug 10, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
I love them, I need to get some bulbs. I have about a dozen pink stargazer lilies. Nothing smells up a room better than picking some and bringing them in the house. I love them, yellow dust on your nose and all. lol Those white ones are beautiful. Most of my flowers are pink, red roses, pink roses, a mix of both. My neice gave me all the pink bulbs I planted a few years ago. They are awesome. My Mom's favorite color was pink. She loved to get them too.
Did you know lilies meaning signifies "wealth and pride." I have the PRIDE down, wealth, not so much...but I have what I need.:)
Here is some for you with some of my pink ones mixed in. Just looking at them makes me smell them. haha
http://www.bing.com/images/search...
Where is everyone? About time for the )8~D> loon to rise from her stupor. haha
DITCH MITCH
Everyone left. Abandonment hurts.

Those lilies are lovely, the pink and white ones especially. And you're right they smell soo good fresh cut.
You'll know when AL gets here because the judge it's will suddenly go ham. lol
I'll check tonight to see if the circus is in town. Adios amigos.

“Heaven doesn't want me.”

Since: Jul 13

Hell's afraid I'll take over.

#114692 Aug 10, 2013
Still here, RC, but not for long. Got a long way to go and a short time to get there today. Btw, we were talking about tshirts last night and it got me curious, so I looked up prices on vintage tshirts. The same 1977 Zeppelin tour shirt I've got is on E-Bay for $165! So before you get too ambitious cleaning your closets, check prices.

“Under new management!”

sock drawer :b

#114693 Aug 10, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
Logan Lacouette
New York, NY
Malcolm Castelli
New York, NY
Bethanie Tutela
New York, NY
Britteny Hsing
New York, NY
haha, are those from your "naughty" sock drawer ari/jay/hackerer/Johnny/RALO/e tc/etc/etc/
NO one needs your dating sites either. Hey I even be your teabagging repukes don't either, what ya say?
How many devices do you have all together, I know you named a few last night in confessions. Bunch of CONS.
DITCH MITCH
Dating spam isn't my work; I warned everyone from the first appearance, they are NOT harmless!
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#114694 Aug 10, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone left. Abandonment hurts.
Those lilies are lovely, the pink and white ones especially. And you're right they smell soo good fresh cut.
You'll know when AL gets here because the judge it's will suddenly go ham. lol
I'll check tonight to see if the circus is in town. Adios amigos.
Weren't they? I love them. Yeah, her and the self exposed sock Ari and go in and out of all their devices and names and stomp them good. hahaha

I hear you on the abandonment. It is hot, hot, hot, here sun shining bright, so I think I will run to the store and get some more icing bags to decorate this cake and come back and take a dip in the pool. See you later tonight. Have a great day.

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#114695 Aug 10, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
Still here, RC, but not for long. Got a long way to go and a short time to get there today. Btw, we were talking about tshirts last night and it got me curious, so I looked up prices on vintage tshirts. The same 1977 Zeppelin tour shirt I've got is on E-Bay for $165! So before you get too ambitious cleaning your closets, check prices.
I am outta here too. That don't surprise me about those vintage shirts. I wouldn't part with mine...Fleetwood Mac, Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young, Lou Reed, Alice Cooper, ZZ Top, Bruce Springsteen, The Who, Bob Dylan, Heart, Jackson 5 (haha) etc. etc. I have a slew of them and a lot of Harley Davidson shirts from around the country. I love them like my photo albums, every shirt tells a story. hahaha Cherish all of them.

Have a great afternoon. I intend to.

DITCH MITCH

“Under new management!”

#114696 Aug 10, 2013
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
do me, do me
You did ask didn't you...

ask me one more time.

“Under new management!”

#114697 Aug 10, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Ari seems more like a character if you ask me.
I don't believe in guns. Not saying they aren't necessary for some but not in this home.
It wasn't so much about guns as it was "protecting friends" and projecting strength...that image of beauty and strength.
Look at her that way, it's you in a picture frame.:)

“Under new management!”

#114698 Aug 10, 2013
Norton websafe report on that dating link (tinyurl redirect):
https://safeweb.norton.com/report/show...
The user comments for the redirected site:
Sort by Date Added | Helpfulness
TheWeatherman TheWeat...
11 months ago
small-community-1
Danger!
I visited this website when I got a message "you have won the $1,00...
more »
Was this review helpful? Yes (0)| No (0)
Comments (0)
JenJen100 JenJen100
11 months ago
small-community-2
Facebook Event: "Timeline remover" virus
hacked links from Facebook & SPAMS.
If you're sent an Event invite ...
more »

Since: Dec 11

#114700 Aug 10, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, no viruses, no pm's and no flowers!
But in the interest of the book Johnny's writing, it should be noted that white tiger lilies are my very favorite.
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs32/i/2008/201/0/...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#114701 Aug 10, 2013
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Dr Phil.
You are very welcome!

Since: Dec 11

#114702 Aug 10, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
I did?
Translation: You would have to be very adept at psycho-analysis to lead me down a false trail. Things that make you angry, and things that you enjoy, the fact that you are here...and how you respond.
Like Tofy was saying about the collective conscious of humanity; human nature, motivation, behavior, development and experience are like footprints. There are footprints on your heart and in your soul. Yeah I can be an A-Hole, and I can be understanding.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#114703 Aug 10, 2013
Someone please, buy the man a map. Or keep batteries in his prompter.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#114704 Aug 10, 2013
Israel Hernandez-Llach, 18, was spotted by officers allegedly vandalizing an abandoned building in Miami Beach with graffiti on Tuesday morning. Police said that Hernandez took off, prompting an officer to give chase and fire his stun-gun at the teen, who reportedly ignored commands to stop running. Hernandez died in custody less than an hour later.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/10/19...

Sounds like an 'out of control' cop!
Some "definitely" are.
Tho, we still have some GREAT ones, sporadically ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 min Strel 159,458
Christians 7 min know what their s... 2
Artemus Bridge 1 hr Quantummist 5
New business 3 hr Betty Bop 6
Heidrick 3 hr Quantummist 13
Methheads 4 hr Facts 4
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 4 hr Princess Hey 3,970
Body Found 18 hr mike 3

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages