'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 289285 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#114373 Aug 9, 2013
The Obama administration is moving to charge Snowden with disclosing classified information, probably under the Espionage Act—the anti-sedition law from 1917 that has recently become the government’s favorite weapon. The government can count on this much: Once Snowden is charged with crimes that will surely carry a long prison sentence, it will be harder to see him as a hero.

That has certainly been true for Manning.
I understand that some government secrets must stay secret. And I recognize that the decision of one employee to reveal what many of his superiors have ruled classified is inherently troublesome for people in power. And I also know that whistle-blowers are rarely pure and innocent and lovable.

They are often paranoid and obsessive. They fill up your inbox with confusing and demanding messages. They ask you to hack through thickets of confusing material. In other words, they are time-consuming zealots who are often trying to confront you with knowledge you wish wasn’t true.

But here’s my question for Snowden’s denouncers: What about Daniel Ellsberg? It’s only in retrospect that the leaker of the Pentagon Papers has acquired the status of a national icon. At the time he leaked the documents in 1969, Ellsberg was a man with top security clearance who was accused of betraying his government by exposing its greatest secrets. About an actual, troops-on-the-ground war. The Pentagon Papers showed that the Johnson administration knew that casualty figures in Vietnam would be much higher than the numbers it had publicly projected.* Also, that the Johnson administration had lied about the war to Congress.

Looking back 40 years, we treat harsh criticism of the Vietnam War as patriotic and foresighted. But Ellsberg must have sounded like any draft-dodger when he decided, as he wrote in his memoir, that the war was “mass murder.” And he took it upon himself not to protest through any proper channels, but to go through the press.(Update, June 13: Ellsberg first took the Pentagon Papers to some senators and asked them to put it into the congressional record. He went to the press after they refused.) When Arthur Ochs Sulzberger, the publisher of the New York Times at the time, died last year, his obituary in his own newspaper called publishing the Pentagon Papers excerpts “a defining moment for him and, in the view of many journalists and historians, his finest.” But at the time, as Anthony Lewis pointed out,“it was not an easy decision for the Times” to publish.

No wonder, then, that Ellsberg too was prosecuted for breaking the law under the Espionage Act. "I expected to go to prison for life," he told NPR in 2011. The charges against him were dropped only because the Nixon administration egregiously violated his rights by breaking into his psychiatrist’s office to look for information that would embarrass him.“The bizarre events have incurably infected the prosecution of this case," the judge wrote.

If Nixon’s men hadn’t gone so completely off the reservation, how would we think about Ellsberg today? And how does his whistle-blowing stand up to the test posed by Toobin, Stone, and Brooks?

Ellsberg and Snowden both acted unilaterally. They both ignored the collective judgment of the country’s duly elected representatives. I suppose you could argue that Ellsberg was exposing illegalities, if the Pentagon Papers showed Johnson administration officials lying to Congress. But if that’s the main test for being a whistle-blower, Snowden’s revelations seem to catch Director of National Intelligence James Clapper in misleading testimony, too. I realize we can’t have rogue operators undermining the government at every turn. But I keep coming back to this question: How do we make room for the secret-tellers who only history can show were on the right side?

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politi...

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#114376 Aug 9, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Government workers pay taxes, too. So that money is part and parcel of all tax revenue. Ergo, the redistributed money is a combination of private and public sector monies. Because it is accrued through taxes, technically that makes it all government money. The mythical factor is the ridiculous notion that the government is only funded by private capital.
Hope you were paying attention, you pompous ass.
Exactly, he should tell it to the 600,000 federal employees that are on furlough today (one day a week) THANKS to the GRAND OLD PARTY OF NO and teabagger CONGRESSmen. He is a pompous ass and his creepy clown he had when you wrote this was perfect for his clown sock. haha You know those repukes aren't good with math or logic.

DITCH MITCH
Sue

Ashland, KY

#114377 Aug 9, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Reality wrote:
Arizona Watermelon Tea
plus
Skittles
plus
Robitussin cold med.
equals
A cocktail high.
The autopsy of Trayvon Martin showed liver damage due to DXM.
But he was just a good boy out to buy some Skittles.
``````````
American Lady wrote:
You said it R!
Here's a copy.
``````````
A WFTV report shows some aspects of the autopsy performed on Trayvon Martin.
FULL AUTOPSY REPORT HERE
... the pancreas presents a lobulated mass consistent with acute or chronic pancreatitis
[http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/ 2012/images/05/17/trayvon.mart in.autopsy.pdf?hpt=hp_t2]
The autopsy revealed bruising and cuts to the hands of Trayvon Martin consistent with the statements and accounts of George Zimmerman. The autopsy also revealed that Trayvon had THC in his blood and urine consistent with marijuana use.
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/07/0...
It was not revealed during the trail,but Travon had these items on him when he met up with Zimmerman. That's what he went out to buy that night. Such a good boy. I bet Obama is so proud of him.
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#114379 Aug 9, 2013
What no breaking news on the republiCONS HAHAHA:

Audio: Benton "Holding his Nose"
While Working for McCONnell (PRICELESS)

In early January of this year, Jesse Benton, Ron Paul’s 2012 National Campaign Chairman, had a telephone conversation with Dennis Fusaro. In the call, Fusaro confronted Benton about the payment to Iowa State Senator Kent Sorenson by Dimitri Kesari, one of Benton’s subordinates who was serving as Paul’s National Deputy Campaign Manager.

After being confronted, a very nervous sounding Benton asks Fusaro to send him the evidence because, if that indeed did happen, Benton says he shares responsibility because of his role with the campaign. Ironically, when Fusaro emailed Benton about the incident last month, Benton responded to him by saying,“You are an insane and delusional person, Dennis. I hope you get help. I’ll pray for you.”

Benton, who is currently acting as Kentucky Senator Mitch McConnell’s 2014 campaign manager, also didn’t have very kind things to say about his new employer in the call. Near the end of the call, Benton explains that he’s only working for McConnell because it’s good for Rand Paul in 2016.

“I’m doing something else man. I am, well between you and me, I’m sort of holding my nose for two years,‘cause what we’re doing here is going to be a big benefit to Rand in 16 so. That’s my long vision.”

Benton was hired by the McConnell campaign on September 13, 2012, in large part to help McConnell stave off a primary challenge. In June of this year, Louisville businessman Matt Bevin launched a primary campaign against McConnell.

Benton has been defending McConnell’s record, telling the Washington Times on Tuesday,“[McConnell] is the most conservative Republican leader in modern history, and he’s also the most effective advocate for the people of Kentucky.”

Benton’s statements to the media doesn’t mesh with his private feelings about his new boss.
Below is the audio of the call, as well as a full transcript.

CONTINUED:

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#114380 Aug 9, 2013
Benton: Hey Dennis, how are you man?
Fusaro: Jesse, how are you doing?
Benton: Pretty good, what’s going on?
Fusaro: Hey, I’m just calling you because I wanted to ask you a question. Did you know that Demitri Kesari gave Kent Sorenson a $30,000 check from a non-campaign account to induce him to support the Ron Paul presidential campaign? In another words, he made an expenditure that was coordinated and not recorded to advance the election of Ron Paul for President. And he was a deputy campaign manager. Did you know that?
Benton: I’d like to see that if you got proof, man. I don’t know anything about that.
Fusaro: Oh, I’ve got proof.
Benton: I’d like to see it.
Fusaro: Where you involved in that?
Bentons: Ahhhhh, no. And I have to share in the responsibility, so if you have proof of that, I’d like to take action.
Fusaro: If you are true about that, I’ll show you the proof.
Benton: Alright, I’d like to see it man.
Fusaro: I’ll be getting you it.
Benton: Alright man, you know how to get a hold of me? Well you got my number.
Fusaro: I’ve got your cell phone.
Benton: Okay, let me give you my address.
Fusaro: What? Your email?
Benton: Ah, no. Do you want to mail it or do you want to email it? What’s easier for you.
Fusaro: I’ll mail it to you.
Benton: Alright, you ready?
Fusaro: Yep.
[Benton then gives Fusaro his home address in Louisville, Kentucky]
Fusaro: Okay, I’ve got it.
Benton: Alright man.
Fusaro: I appreciate it.
Benton: How’s everything going with you?
Fusaro: It’s going well. Keeping busy, raising a family, minding the store so to speak. But, um…
Benton: Are you still with that Senator?
Fusaro: I am. I am.
Benton: Good stuff, man.
Fusaro: Yeah, and I guess you are doing something else then?
Benton: I’m doing something else, man. I am, well between you and me, I’m sort of holding my nose for two years,‘cause what we’re doing here is going to be a big benefit to Rand in 16 so. That’s my long vision. So…
Fusaro: Okay. Alright, very good. Thanks
Benton: Alright man.
Fusaro: See ya.
Benton: Mail that to me and don’t be a stranger. Call me any time.
Fusaro: Okay, will do, bye-bye.
Fusaro did not mail the documentation referenced in this call to Benton because Fusaro believed Benton was being dishonest about his ignorance of the payment. Fusaro had just spoken with Kent Sorenson prior to speaking to Benton, and Sorenson had just confirmed that Benton did know about the payment. Fusaro was also aware of emails between Benton and the Sorenson camp regarding the negotiations to get Sorenson to join the Paul campaign.

http://theiowarepublican.com/2013/audio-bento...

News for RepubliCONS, by RepubliCONS

NOW that is what you call KHARMA. haha

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#114381 Aug 9, 2013
I’m ‘Holding My Nose,’ Says McConnell Campaign Manager

“Holding my nose”: That’s how Mitch McConnell campaign manager Jesse Benton described running the Senate minority leader’s re-election campaign in a phone recording obtained by both the Economic Policy Journal and The Iowa Republican websites.

In the recording made by conservative activist Dennis Fusaro in January 2013, and released Thursday, Benton tells Fusaro,“Between you and me, I’m sort of holding my nose for two years,’cause what we’re doing here is going to be a big benefit to Rand in ’16 so. That’s my long vision,” Benton says, referring to Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., and his possible presidential aspirations in 2016.

Fusaro, vice president for development at the Reformed Theological Seminary in Washington D.C., confirmed to ABC News that he did record the conversation without Benton’s knowledge, but said it is legal because both he and Benton were in “one-party consent” states where only one person on the phone must consent to a phone conversation being recorded.

Benton served as Ron Paul’s spokesman during both his 2008 and his 2012 presidential campaigns.
The McConnell campaign’s press secretary, Allison Moore, sent a statement from Benton that said,“It is truly sick that someone would record a private phone conversation I had out of kindness and use it to try to hurt me. I believe in Senator McConnell and am 100 percent committed to his re-election. Being selected to lead his campaign is one of the great honors of my life and I look forward to victory in November of 2014.”

Fusaro said he released the tape because he “wanted to see if Jesse was going to clean up his campaign.”

In the recording, Fusaro also asks Benton about allegations that he was aware of an alleged bribe or pay-off given to Iowa state Sen. Kent Sorenson by Ron Paul’s deputy national campaign manager Demitri Kesari.

The bribe was allegedly given to Sorenson just days after he switched his support from Rep. Michele Bachmann’s presidential campaign and went to Ron Paul’s, a surprising move in the world of Iowa political endorsements.

Earlier this week The Iowa Republican obtained another call from Fusaro, in which he and Sorenson discuss the check.

Sorenson says to Fusaro in that recording,“I know Jesse knows” about the check.

Benton, however, denies any knowledge of the check in the recording between himself and Fusaro, adding,“If you’ve got proof of that, I’d like to take action.”

Oddly enough, this is not the first time a member of the McConnell campaign has been recorded without their knowledge.

In April, a February campaign strategy session between McConnell and his aides, including Benton, was allegedly recorded by two Democratic activists and released to Mother Jones magazine.

continued:

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#114382 Aug 9, 2013
In it McConnell and staffers are devising tactics for discrediting actress Ashley Judd who at the time was widely expected to enter the U.S. Senate race to take on McConnell. She decided in March not to run.

But while Judd was mulling the race, McConnell’s staff was strategizing that the best way to hurt her candidacy would be to highlight her past struggles with depression and her religious views, according to the tapes.

In the meeting, according to the tape, McConnell is heard saying,“I assume most of you have played the game Whac-A-Mole? This is the Whac-A-Mole period of the campaign … when anybody sticks their head up, do them out.”

They then delved into Judd’s mental health, which she has spoken about openly for years, including in her 2011 autobiography.

“She’s clearly, this sounds extreme, but she is emotionally unbalanced,” the aide says.“I mean it’s been documented. Jesse can go in chapter and verse from her autobiography about, you know, she’s suffered some suicidal tendencies. She was hospitalized for 42 days when she had a mental breakdown in the ’90s.”

McConnell is facing a primary challenge from tea party candidate and businessman Matt Bevin; his Democratic challenger is Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/08/...

McConnell hinted in his short remarks that he is going to run an especially vicious and negative campaign.

At all cost. Let the duel begin. Teabaggers vs. OLD GOP haha

Love the picture of OLD turtleman. That's he is going to look Nov 2014.

I bet Ashley is laughing her ass off at turtleman.
KHARMA lol

The by republiCONS for republiCONS site put the whole conversation in their article. I like the sad turtleman pic in this one. Too funny.

DITCH MITCH
Sue

Ashland, KY

#114383 Aug 9, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
Go back to your forums you troll or go take a nap/nip. You are foaming at the mouth. A Lunatic
Anti-Obama protesters get racial in Arizona
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-poli...
YOU should try the Arizona threads and clap with glee with your racist heroes.
DITCH MITCH
DITCH THE LOON
Hey stupid, The country is falling apart and Obama goes on another vacation, costing tax payers millions of $$ again. But no worries, Valerie Jarrett the Iranian , will take America down while Obama's goes on vacation to rest up. After all, it's hard work destroying a country, but at least he doesn't have to go behind your backs to do it . He knows you are to stupid to get it. He must be ROTFLHAO at us.
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#114384 Aug 9, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
Post #114352
5 min ago
[hear} their evrywere, lmao! < at my own mistake!
We laugh our ass off to at your mistakes and fake wtf Glasgow Speakup, playing topix grammar police. It's topix, not college course dumbasses.

You probably got half of your numbers just by correcting your mistakes or calling out others for it. YOU should be so proud. Correct the batshit crazy loon's if you have a need for it. She could keep you real busy doing that. Lemming tools

Since: Dec 11

Your scary ugly clown you used last night fits better than Cosby with your sexual overtone statements. Why don't you go suck a pop.

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#114386 Aug 9, 2013
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, those black helicopters will be here any time.
Meanwhile, back in the real world, the letter says nothing about buying the food now, only giving an estimate on how much and how long it would take to move – something FEMA analysts should be doing all the time so they know where to get emergency supplies and how long it’s going to take to get them someplace.
Heck of a sales pitch. People like you have to fall for something because you're to weak to stand for anything.
That last statement describes these circus clown socks perfectly and they do fall for anything their gloom and doom sites offer.

FEMA has been planning for a big disaster every since the Earthquake Drill a few years ago. We do sit on the Madrid Fault and have that to worry about while they continue to have them everywhere, whether that is because of the Earth moving plates beneath us, fracking, HAARP, or whatever. There have been enough disasters in the last few years to warrant preparation to take care of people. They see it as a conspiracy for martial law and that big gun grab they believe Obama has planned. Not too bright, that bunch.

Love this poster, it so describes these gloom and doomers.

For 5 years you have been told Obama is gonna knock on your door and take your guns.
And for 5 years gun manufacturers have enjoyed record profits
How does it feel to be played for sucker

Suckers for conspiracy theories. hahaha bunch of lemming tools.

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#114387 Aug 9, 2013
Sunny wrote:
<quoted text>OMG do you ever come up for air snail darter."LMAO"
Don't you ever get tired of kissing the queen loon and her circus ringleader's ass as you slither in and out changing names. Hang on every word in A Lunatics crazy posts, they are more your speed. You have nothing to offer this site but dumbass little quotes you probably went to sleep trying to think up. Fact based articles are over your pointy head. Go suck Ari sock's pudding pop.

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#114388 Aug 9, 2013
Sue wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey stupid, The country is falling apart and Obama goes on another vacation, costing tax payers millions of $$ again. But no worries, Valerie Jarrett the Iranian , will take America down while Obama's goes on vacation to rest up. After all, it's hard work destroying a country, but at least he doesn't have to go behind your backs to do it . He knows you are to stupid to get it. He must be ROTFLHAO at us.
Get over it loser, he has every right like EVERY President and CONGRESS to go on vacation. No one is going to take America down but you republiCONS and we will stop you. Sit back and watch little gloom and doom lemming troll. Go suck a pudding pop kiddo.

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#114389 Aug 9, 2013
Since the circus socks slithered out of here and left the pudding pop sucker here slinging bullshit and no facts. I will go and run my errand at the post office and let it play with her sooooie self.

Here's another article on your hero the TRAITOR snowden.

Analysis: Why Edward Snowden isn't a whistle-blower, legally speaking

Then he would face a second problem: The Federal Whistle-blower Protection Act protects the public disclosure of “a violation of any law, rule, or regulation” only “if such disclosure is not specifically prohibited by law.” In other words, Snowden could claim whistle-blower protection only if he took his concerns to the NSA’s inspector general or to a member of one of the congressional intelligence committees with the proper security clearances.

Asked on Tuesday what chances Snowden would have to qualify for whistle-blower protection, Steve Vladeck, a professor at the Washington College of Law at American University in Washington — an expert on the issue — said,“none.”

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/18/19...

BRB for some laughs and add some REAL news later.
Have fun circus socks, munch on some flaming peanuts while I am gone. You deserve your treat for that circus act.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

Since: Aug 13

#114390 Aug 9, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
We laugh our ass off to at your mistakes and fake wtf Glasgow Speakup, playing topix grammar police. It's topix, not college course dumbasses.
You probably got half of your numbers just by correcting your mistakes or calling out others for it. YOU should be so proud. Correct the batshit crazy loon's if you have a need for it. She could keep you real busy doing that. Lemming tools
Since: Dec 11
Your scary ugly clown you used last night fits better than Cosby with your sexual overtone statements. Why don't you go suck a pop.
DITCH MITCH
Your attempt at humor falls flat.
I don't get pedantic unless someone is being hypocritical...I correct myself more often than anyone else corrects me.
If you want to be a worthy opponent , write your own stories and research them. You may benefit from learning how to cite references.
You constantly repost Liberal mythology.

I created this account to further legitimize my invention.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#114391 Aug 9, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, he should tell it to the 600,000 federal employees that are on furlough today (one day a week) THANKS to the GRAND OLD PARTY OF NO and teabagger CONGRESSmen. He is a pompous ass and his creepy clown he had when you wrote this was perfect for his clown sock. haha You know those repukes aren't good with math or logic.
DITCH MITCH
Per the attached link, furloughs are being handled differently from agency to agency. Many have not furloughed at all and others have drastically reduced the furlough days.
==========

http://www.govexec.com/management/2013/05/fur...
jdohe

Friendsville, TN

#114394 Aug 9, 2013
Usually, I won't read long winded posts, but I surely can appreciate RepubliCON's kind of logic. Independent myself.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#114395 Aug 9, 2013
BigBadHackerer wrote:
<quoted text>
Your attempt at humor falls flat.
I don't get pedantic unless someone is being hypocritical...I correct myself more often than anyone else corrects me.
If you want to be a worthy opponent , write your own stories and research them. You may benefit from learning how to cite references.
You constantly repost Liberal mythology.
I created this account to further legitimize my invention.
You created this account because you're addicted to creating Topix accounts. Seek help.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#114397 Aug 9, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
Money from nothing? That's an America Dream, like winning the Powerball Jackpot!
The idea of "Class Warfare" and "Wealth Envy" was written into the "Communist Manifesto" by Marx. It is a tactic to manipulate people who don't know any better...jealousy is used manipulate emotional people. Many personality types may be manipulated by emotional arguments.
"Them as can does", them as can't...protest the rest!
The idea of no class warfare comes from the GOP that have done everything in their power for the past 30 years to protect the Rich.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#114399 Aug 9, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
You created this account because you're addicted to creating Topix accounts. Seek help.
He did this ...
BECAUSE HE CAN!

If you don't like it ...
You'll just HAVE TO get over it!

You do NOT control THIS board, him or anyone else on here!

OR

What names ANYONE posts as!

Nor does he.
Or me!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#114400 Aug 9, 2013
South Miami man kills wife, posts photo of bloody body, then turns himself in to police

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/08/08/3550483...

This WASTE of BREATH
needs to be

HUNG

in the town square where THIS happened
Balls cut off ...

Left for the VULTURES to claim as one of their own.
CARRION COLLECTORS!

AS AN EXAMPLE of what happens to pieces of SLIME

That does this kind of mayhem.

People would THINK twice about doing this again.

God fearing Americans should NOT have to feed, clothe, OR give him representation in court
OR
ever see him in the news or on TV again!

He IS guilty.
There is more than enough PROOF ...
Do NOT NEED a "money wasting" TRIAL to do JUSTICE

NO 'human being' IS worth thinking that much of ...
to be so JEALOUS of as to DO SOMETHING THIS EVIL!

There IS a time to walk away.

He or she should have done it months ago, before it came to THIS!

IF WE STAND for and or tolerate THIS ...
What's NEXT???????

The Silence of the LAMBS being MAINSTREAM!
Evil reigns in America at this time.

God is giving man FREE choice ...
You see what happens when He is not around!

In the schools, courts, Government ...

You asked for IT
YOU GOT IT!

NOW
Live with it!

If you THINK you can!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Knox County Jailer?? 9 min Agenda Finder 38
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 28 min truth 167,975
Re Elect Jm Hall VOTE Steve Warren in 2018 4 hr well well jm 101
Homeless methheads 9 hr WakeUp 9
Linsey lancaster 10 hr Jdvrysvdj01 18
Dana Woolum 10 hr Lol 3
Are they school on Monday? 12 hr Herman 6

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages