'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
99,861 - 99,880 of 147,347 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberals continue to be totally blind as to what is occurring around them.
Repubs have total memory lost of how we got here. They deny that before Obama the US was losing 750,000 jobs per month. They never knew of the thousands of businesses that closed right before Obama took office. They never heard that Wall St. and the Banks got bailed out. To Repubs these things never happened.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans run the House, why isn't the economy doing great?
Why not 40 votes on a jobs bill?
Because the Democrats run the Senate.

Did the billions spent on his stimulus really work for all of those "shovel ready jobs"? His policies just don't work.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Repubs have total memory lost of how we got here. They deny that before Obama the US was losing 750,000 jobs per month. They never knew of the thousands of businesses that closed right before Obama took office. They never heard that Wall St. and the Banks got bailed out. To Repubs these things never happened.
Democrats argue that deficit spending was needed to combat the 2008 recession, but what did taxpayers get for their money? According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, unemployment averaged 5.26 percent during the Bush years. The average during the Obama years was 9.26 percent.

Even more telling is the fact that the Civilian Labor Force Participation Rate, the percentage of Americans working, has declined from 67.2 percent in January 2001 to 65.7 in January 2009 and to 63.8 percent in May 2012. According to Multpl.com , the U.S. population increased in each of those years, from 285 million in 2001 to 306 million in 2009. The U.S. population now stands at 313 million according to the U.S. Census. This means that fewer total Americans are working now than when President Obama took office even though the population has increased by 7 million. When President Bush left office 20.1 million Americans were working. Today only 19.9 million are in spite of a population growth of seven million.

Even though the Great Recession officially ended in June 2009, five months into Obama’s presidency and three years ago, the economy and the job markets have not recovered. By many measures, the economy is worse today than it was three years ago. The Federal Reserve announced last week that American wealth had decreased by 40 percent between 2007 and 2011. Home prices, which crashed in 2008, have not recovered and continue to decline in many markets. The Wall St. Journal reports that economists are “increasingly pessimistic” and more are predicting that the stagnant recovery will turn into another recession.

http://www.examiner.com/article/bush-vs-obama...
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no evidence that Mr. Zimmerman started the fight. Actually, just the opposite. He was hit first by Mr. Martin and an eyewitness saw Mr. Martin on top of Mr. Zimmerman and pummeling him. Mr. Martin did not have bruises or cuts indicating he had been pummeled by Mr. Zimmerman. Mr. Zimmerman was not able to retreat as he had someone on top of him.
Your example is totally ridiculous! No comparison whatsoever.
Your son is driving out of your neighborhood to go to the store. He sees someone he does not recognize leisurely walking in the rain near the eaves of some of the homes. He calls 911 and attempts to keep the person in sight. The person goes down between two homes and he gets out of the car to see where he is going. It is dark, raining, and the person has a hood over his head so your son has no idea of his age.
The person suddenly appears and punches your son in the nose knocking him to the ground. He then straddles your son and begins pummeling him and slamming his head against the concrete. Your son is legally carrying a gun and cannot get the person off from him. He screams for help, but no one comes.
Your son is scared to death and afraid this person is going to kill him. What should he do?
haha, typical fauxbox pundit spin and the example of the daughter was way off. My son would of called 911 and done what he was told to do by real authorities as well as following his neighborhood watch rules like he was taught to do and me not raising mine as a racist who sees color would of given the kid the benefit of the doubt. The police would of taken care of it and that kid would not be dead. Bottom line. Justify and spin it anyway you want like you do the traitor snowden to make yourself feel better while clutching your guns close to you all paranoid, while the MAJORITY knows better. Racism is alive and well in small town America too. The teabaggers set it free. We get it. Your two parties are the minority and will remain that way.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

Since: Dec 11

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

RepubliCONS wrote:
Good Friday morning everyone! How many of you got to leave your job yesterday with tons of unfinished work and head out for a 5 week vacation? Anyone? No?? Well that's exactly what Congress did. Even tho the transportation and housing bill tanked they did manage to accomplish one thing before leaving town, any guesses? Yes! That's right! They made plans to repeal Obamacare for th 40th time when they return! FORTIETH TIME!! That all comes along with a nice little price tag in the ballpark of $60 million!! Where else can you walk off from your job and take a 5 week vacation when you haven't accomplished anything but wasting our money? NOWHERE ladies and gentlemen!! Well we have something to look forward to...apparently Boehner seems to think the members of Congress will come back in a much better mood after the August recess. Wonderful! I can only imagine what they will accomplish when they're all well rested and in good moods!!~D~ &#8234;#&#8206;LivingB lueKY
If at first you don't succeed, try 39 more times. eh
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
I happen to believe if Congress only convened 1 day per year much more could be done and far less PORK would have been passed! Maybe Muslims would be better legislators...I hear they have an aversion to PORK!
Lets all send ILiH to Congress for Kentucky!

NOT!
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Repubs have total memory lost of how we got here. They deny that before Obama the US was losing 750,000 jobs per month. They never knew of the thousands of businesses that closed right before Obama took office. They never heard that Wall St. and the Banks got bailed out. To Repubs these things never happened.
They have selective memory. Their days are numbered.

Did you go to Fancy Farm? What a spread of food. Wow. I watched it streamlined and did some A Lunatic up to the minute news reporting..hahaha

GOP RIP

DITCH MITCH

Here's an article I seen about those jobs and unemployment:
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Devastating News For Republicans: Unemployment Under Obama Lowest in 5 years!

If you have any members of the Tea Party in your immediate circle of friends or family, you may want to take all sharp implements away from them, and make sure they’re not anywhere near any tall ledges, cliffs or bridges once they read this story. That whole “Obama’s ruining our economy” meme that right-wingers keep leaning on is becoming increasingly difficult to spin to people outside the conservative bubble, especially when the unemployment rate hits the lowest point its been in nearly five years, and that is precisely what happened in July.

The chart below shows the unemployment rate under President Obama’s White House. Though it’s still trending up when he takes office in January 2009, we now know that’s because the effects of The Great Recession were still setting off aftershocks in our economy as we bled out nearly a million jobs a month. The right’s argument since Obama got his stimulus passed is that it has done no good and that Obamacare still threatens to destroy our economy as we know it.

Yet, this chart shows a steady, if not frustratingly slow at times, march downward, even after Obamacare was passed, signed into law, and held up under scrutiny by the Supreme Court.

Whether or not employers are behaving like selfish fools and withholding hours and employment based on their paranoia about the Affordable Care Act, the reality is in the graph. Despite heavy opposition that has all but blocked every single effort made by the administration to jump-start the economy, some marked progress has been made.

This is of course why you’re going to hear nothing but incessant downplaying and demagogueing of the July jobs numbers. The right, and even some on the left, will rightly point out that the jobs that are being added are by and large low-wage and even sometimes part-time work. Of course, they do so with the notion that it shows Obama’s policies aren’t working. To me though, the fact that the middle class hasn’t recovered as well as it could have from The Great Recession also shows just how much of a handbrake to recovery the GOP obstruction has been.

The facts of the case are that both sides own a share in this anemic but steady recovery, but only one side has been actively working against recovery. You may feel that Obama hasn’t done enough to get middle class jobs, real jobs that pay more than minimum wage, growing like they have in the past. Perhaps that’s a valid criticism, especially when you take into account the fact that none of the big banks that nearly destroyed the world’s economy have even been remotely held accountable. It can be really easy, and in some ways you’d be completely validated, to blame Obama for not fighting the Republicans hard enough to get his jobs bill passed — a bill that would conservatively create a million more jobs, or about eight months’ worth of the current growth trends.

The fact that our unemployment rate is still ticking downward despite Washington’s ineptitude still indicts the GOP in a fare more harsh and truthful way. If they’d had been willing to deal with Obama like their predecessors were willing to deal with President Clinton, who knows where we’d be on the road to recovery at this point? With all the talk of a possible government shut down later this year, it would seem that indeed no lessons were learned in the 1990&#8242;s, when they faced nearly the same situation — a fairly popular president whose agenda is working but just isn’t being felt by enough Americans yet, and they think the answer is to further stymie Obama.

Continued:

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Continued:

Meanwhile, Americans are desperate for real growth and real progress. I think on both sides of the aisle there is room for compromise, but the two sides have to be willing to engage, and right now it’s still about going to the brink of made-up disaster. As long as the unemployment graph keeps moving that line downward though, the GOP’s time is running out. At some point most Americans, even those who tend to vote Republican, will be forced to reckon with the notion that we’ve come as far as we can go without compromise, and that while both sides deserve blame as to created the mess we’re in, one side deserves the lion share of the blame for trying to keep things just as broken, if not add a few more cracks and fissures themselves.

http://aattp.org/devastating-news-for-republi...

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

“Could've been a contender here”

Since: Apr 13

I couldn't find no fight, here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Did the billions spent on his stimulus really work for all of those "shovel ready jobs"? His policies just don't work.
the stimulus worked, it just wasn't big enough.
the jobs bill was for the "shovel ready jobs"..Republicans voted it down...Republicans fault...everyone knows it...including you

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Dems run the Senate, so the House sits on it's collective ass (except for voting to repeal Obamacare)...Clowns, Jokers and Thieves.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
I happen to believe if Congress only convened 1 day per year much more could be done and far less PORK would have been passed! Maybe Muslims would be better legislators...I hear they have an aversion to PORK!
Lets all send ILiH to Congress for Kentucky!
NOT!
Comedy isn't your forte, Ari...stick to essay grading, and being a prick. You Can Do It!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

RepubliCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
haha, typical fauxbox pundit spin and the example of the daughter was way off. My son would of called 911 and done what he was told to do by real authorities as well as following his neighborhood watch rules like he was taught to do and me not raising mine as a racist who sees color would of given the kid the benefit of the doubt. The police would of taken care of it and that kid would not be dead. Bottom line. Justify and spin it anyway you want like you do the traitor snowden to make yourself feel better while clutching your guns close to you all paranoid, while the MAJORITY knows better. Racism is alive and well in small town America too. The teabaggers set it free. We get it. Your two parties are the minority and will remain that way.
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
Well you can spin it any way you like but the prosecution nor the FBI were able to find one iota of racism in Mr. Zimmerman's actions. Based on the conditions that evening and Mr. Martin's size, Mr. Zimmerman also could not determine his age.

I agree it was a tragedy and Mr. Zimmerman made errors in judgement. Mr. Martin also made errors in judgement. When you pummel someone, straddle them, and them no means of escape, terrible things can happen. He could have walked directly home and advised his father of the incident. He chose to confront Mr. Zimmerman and fight him. Based on the evidence and the law, the jury made the correct decision.

I have not made one comment regarding Snowden so throwing that into your insult is totally dishonest. In addition, you do not know anything about me but seem to feel very comfortable in attacking me as a "racist" and a "teabagger".

I am glad you would not have raised your son to be a racist. I did not raise my children to be racists either. I also did not raise my children to be bigots which, based on your comments, may have been an issue for you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
the stimulus worked, it just wasn't big enough.
the jobs bill was for the "shovel ready jobs"..Republicans voted it down...Republicans fault...everyone knows it...including you
While meeting with his Jobs and Competitiveness Council today in Durham, N.C., President Obama cracked wise about one of his administration's early catchphrases.

Remember "shovel-ready projects."

Those were construction projects in the 2009 stimulus bill that were supposed to get moving right away -- but jobs council members told Obama today that some got held up because of elaborate government regulations and permitting procedures.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theov...
==========

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA)(Pub.L. 111–5), commonly referred to as the Stimulus or The Recovery Act, was an economic stimulus package enacted by the 111th United States Congress in February 2009 and signed into law on February 17, 2009, by President Barack Obama.

To respond to the Great Recession, the primary objective for ARRA was to save and create jobs almost immediately. Secondary objectives were to provide temporary relief programs for those most impacted by the recession and invest in infrastructure, education, health, and renewable energy. The approximate cost of the economic stimulus package was estimated to be $787 billion at the time of passage, later revised to $831 billion between 2009 and 2019.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Recover...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
Dems run the Senate, so the House sits on it's collective ass (except for voting to repeal Obamacare)...Clowns, Jokers and Thieves.
The legislative branch of the world's most powerful nation is now widely scorned as it lurches from one near-catastrophe to the next, even on supposedly routine matters such as setting an annual budget and keeping government offices open.

There's no single culprit, it seems. Rather, long-accumulating trends have reached a critical mass, in the way a light snowfall can trigger an avalanche because so many earlier snows have piled atop each other.

At the core of this gridlock is a steadily growing partisanship. Couple that with a rising distaste for compromise by avid voters. Unswerving conservatives and liberals dominate the two parties' nominating processes, electing lawmakers who pledge never to stray from their ideologies.

"The voters bear some blame," Davis added, noting recent elections in which the greatest energies were on the edges, not the middle.

Edwards, who has written extensively on government since leaving Congress in 1993, said in a recent article for The Atlantic that Americans have created a political system "that makes cooperation almost impossible and incivility nearly inevitable."

There's hope it might improve somewhat, over time, Edwards said in the interview. But for now, he said, members of Congress are responding to voters who say "if you compromise, if you reach across the aisle, we will defeat you."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/02/cong...
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
Comedy isn't your forte, Ari...stick to essay grading, and being a prick. You Can Do It!
haha, thanks for the big laughs on all your posts above. He definitely is that and does it well.

Have you seen late night this past week. They were killing me with all the grandrand/Christie drama and the mutant turtleman. Even had Larue County featured one night. Can't wait for Stewart to return next month but it has still been hilarious without him. Love it when they show fauxbox pundits being stupid. Colbert did somemore crazy eyes videos off faux making her normal ignorant comments.

Watch The Daily Show Annihilate Fox ‘News’ For Berating Minimum Wage Workers
http://aattp.org/watch-the-daily-show-annihil...

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you can spin it any way you like but the prosecution nor the FBI were able to find one iota of racism in Mr. Zimmerman's actions. Based on the conditions that evening and Mr. Martin's size, Mr. Zimmerman also could not determine his age.
I agree it was a tragedy and Mr. Zimmerman made errors in judgement. Mr. Martin also made errors in judgement. When you pummel someone, straddle them, and them no means of escape, terrible things can happen. He could have walked directly home and advised his father of the incident. He chose to confront Mr. Zimmerman and fight him. Based on the evidence and the law, the jury made the correct decision.
I have not made one comment regarding Snowden so throwing that into your insult is totally dishonest. In addition, you do not know anything about me but seem to feel very comfortable in attacking me as a "racist" and a "teabagger".
I am glad you would not have raised your son to be a racist. I did not raise my children to be racists either. I also did not raise my children to be bigots which, based on your comments, may have been an issue for you.
Shoulda, woulda, coulda, don't change a dam thing. Didn't we have a similar posting about not know you? By your comments and your alliances on here I put you in that repuke lemming tool category so take it personal if you wish, you are all basically the same on here. Driven by the opinions of some spinning gloom and doom pundit. And hey if the shoe fits....

I am neither a racist or a bigot. I am a proud Army brat taught not to see color, but humans, GOD's children, one and all. I am also a proud retired federal employee fully trained in the Human, Women's & Workers Rights fought for long ago with the Civil Rights Act as a results. I have met with some of these OLD WHITE CONgressMEN who have no respect for it. Civil Rights shouldn't have to be fought for again. I don't hate any of you, or any human, I don't even feel sorry for most of you anymore, you have a God given right to act just the way some of you do. You answer to HIM. Some have missed that WWJD concept. We get. Well demonstrated on a daily basis.

I don't have much tolerance for close minded people who stay glued to the likes of fauxbox pundits and winged nut drama sites of gloom and doom. That I do have an issue with. I see the glass half full. Must suck to see it empty.

Stay the minority, I enjoy my ONE party MAJORITY who cares about PEOPLE, not THEMSELVES, BIG CORPS and $$$$$$$$$$

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Mitch McConnell Whines That An Invasion of Liberals is Pushing Him Around (lmao)

Mitch McConnell is desperately trying to save his job, and he is claiming that liberals are invading Kentucky and pushing him around.

McConnell began his speech with an indirect attack on Alison Grimes that included an Anthony Weiner joke. McConnell then pivoted to running against Obama. He said,“The liberals are worried, because just as I predicted Obamacare is a disaster.” He said that liberals are coming down to the state,”to push him around.” He also said that he hand Rand Paul give it to the liberals every single day. McConnell was trying hard to ward off his tea party primary challenger by connecting himself at the hip to Rand Paul.

McConnell said that Kentucky can’t get things done from the back bench, and insinuated that reelecting him would keep Kentucky strong.

McConnell attacked Harry Reid by calling him,“A Nevada yes man for Barack Obama.’ McConnell said the choice is between an Obama yes man or a Kentuckian to run the Senate.

Minority Leader McConnell was very impressive. He managed to work in every single stereotype about liberals that one can think of. McConnell used the term nanny state, and was doing his best to paint himself as a true Kentuckian. It is clear that McConnell is worried about his tea party challenger. McConnell hinted in his short remarks that he is going to run an especially vicious and negative campaign.

While sitting on a $15 million campaign war chest, McConnell claimed with a straight face that liberals are coming to Kentucky to push him around. Sen. McConnell will exponentially outspend both his primary opponent, and his general election opponent Alison Grimes. However, facts are no defense for the Republican Party’s paranoia get out the vote effort.

McConnell offered up no agenda, and no ideas. His speech was about gluing himself to Rand Paul, and spreading more fear of the black president. It was fascinating to watch McConnell try to defuse the charge that he has become too Washington by slapping on his heavy Kentucky accent. McConnell is arguing that his incumbency is a good thing, which will be a tough sell to an electorate that is tired of congressional failure.

Mitch McConnell is continuing his campaign of appealing to Republican paranoia and fear. His debut message for 2014 wasn’t terribly strong.

Mitch’s main message seems to be that he is so weak that liberals are coming to the state to push him around. Mitch can’t hold off the liberal hordes by himself, so he needs the help of every ‘Merica loving Republican in the state to save his sorry ass. Sen. McConnell’s ominous warning to Republicans was that if he goes down, they’re next.

McConnell didn’t offer to do anything for Kentucky. He sounded like a 70 year old, 30 year incumbent, who say anything to save his job. If the paranoia doesn’t sell, Sen. McConnell is going to have a major problem.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/08/03/home-k...

Ole turtleman is a trip. I can't wait to see them all attack his pitiful record helping KENTUCKY, especially from his teabagger opponent. I love it when they eat their own.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

Since: Dec 11

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

The more fecal matter Libtards posts...the more apparent you desperation becomes!

Post as often as you feel the compulsion, please!
Hide behind your socks if you feel the need, cowards like hit and run tactics.
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

"The fight within the GOP is a simple one. They’ve all but abdicated the White House because they refuse to moderate their rhetoric, and they refuse to come to grips with the changing demographics and moods of the country. This isn’t anything new, and in fact during the Civil Rights movement, it was the Democratic Party that had to do a lot of soul searching and distance themselves from their racist, southern, segregationist colleagues. The sea of change our country is currently going through has put their ideology on trial lately, and between austerity being debunked, Trickle Down being shown to not work at all, and the changing social mores that are putting the Republicans further behind the times, we can only expect to see more of the infighting and political cannibalism that makes watching politics in America fun."

Last year’s election cycle was an absolutely brutal one for the Republicans. Still caught in the Tea Party’s death grip, the GOP was able to maintain its majority in the House, but on aggregate they got about a million fewer votes than the Democrats they were opposing.

Gerrymandering is literally the only reason they are still in power. After spending four years demagogueing President Obama, his fiscal policies, and just about everything else under the sun about him — they lost. They lost despite all their pollsters and media outlets telling them the other guys’ polls were skewed and ol’ Mittens really did have the momentum to kick the Kenyan Usurper out of office.

When that didn’t happen and we saw Karl Rove’s tantrum on election night it became crystal clear that the impending Republican Civil War I’d written about in the past was about to have its first real shots fired. Since November, the GOP has done an exhaustive study on why they lost, and yet despite what everyone with an IQ higher than their shoe sizes knows — that they have an antiquated values problem and not a messaging problem — they’ve not learned anything and the battle lines are being drawn as the desperation gets thicker and thicker in the air. In short, they’re now eating their own.

It’s fun to watch.(YES IT IS)

Continued:

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

Continued..hahaha

First there’s the overt racism of Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) and his inane comments about Mexican immigrants. Apparently this old, white guy really is afraid of our darker skinned friends to the south. In an interview with CNN, King said of the “Dreamers,” kids who were brought here by their undocumented parents,“You know, you only get one valedictorian per class per year. And they aren’t all dreamers. And a lot of other American kids out here that are competing for that valedictorian status. But every night there are dozens and scores of people that are smuggling drugs across our border.… This isn’t something that just was made up out of thin air. This is something I get from the people enforcing the law down on the border.” Of course The Washington Post just gave that canard four Pinnochios since there’s literally no end to the amount of bullshit in that statement.

It can’t be denied that King’s comments most definitely represent at least some portion of Tea Party congressional representatives as well as their constituents. It also can’t be denied that national party officials rightfully freaked out on King and several prominent Republicans both in and out of Congress have lambasted King for his overtly racist commentary. There’s something important to remember though — King didn’t have any compunction at all about spewing his hate speech. You have to ask yourself why? And the answer you’re going to come up with is,“Because he knew ultimately he’d get away with it.” John Boehner is an incompetent Speaker with no control over his fringe (yet) so the embarrassing gaffes, racist remarks and rape comments aren’t going to stop. The Republican Civil War will rage on, and even the big dogs of the party won’t be immune.

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie (R) and Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) may have two of the largest egos among the crop of presumed 2016 GOP presidential nominees. Neither one of them has met a microphone they couldn’t belch pedantic bullshit into. So it would only make sense that these two Alpha-dog wannabes would be butting heads. Christie took up the mantle for the non-Libertarian wing of the party when he went after Rand’s political ideology as “this strain of libertarianism that’s going through both parties right now and making big headlines, I think, is a very dangerous thought.”

While I’m not sure what kind of libertarian strain is going through the left-wing currently (other than saying,“Hey, maybe we shouldn’t discriminate against minorities and members of the LGBT community?”), undeniably the GOP is also being torn apart by the libertarian wing — which also shares some commonalities with the Tea Partiers — and they’re going to clash with the “establishment” Republicans too.

The fight within the GOP is a simple one. They’ve all but abdicated the White House because they refuse to moderate their rhetoric, and they refuse to come to grips with the changing demographics and moods of the country. This isn’t anything new, and in fact during the Civil Rights movement, it was the Democratic Party that had to do a lot of soul searching and distance themselves from their racist, southern, segregationist colleagues. The sea change our country is currently going through has put their ideology on trial lately, and between austerity being debunked, Trickle Down being shown to not work at all, and the changing social mores that are putting the Republicans further behind the times, we can only expect to see more of the infighting and political cannibalism that makes watching politics in America fun.

http://aattp.org/tea-party-vs-gop-hilarious-l...

haha, REALITY folks...RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

67 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
john sowders 18 min she will 15
chicken fight felony 40 min duh 10
Nikki Vaughn (married to Adam Vaughn) 1 hr a friend 5
Is James Brown single? (Apr '13) 2 hr jerry 12
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr ChromiuMan 129,056
christina sowders 4 hr look out 1
yard sale 6 hr baby 1
New club in Barbourville? 7 hr Bville resident 20
Who will barbourvilles NEW police chief 12 hr I think 23