'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
99,121 - 99,140 of 151,433 Comments Last updated 16 min ago
Jay

Paris, TN

#112236 Jul 24, 2013
Crow wrote:
<quoted text>
After reading your reply, I went back and clicked the link to the conservative website (I think I heard hell freezing over). I see your point, but in the instances involving bona fide law enforcement officials, only one side of the story was told. Did the searchees resist, get aggressive with the officers? Doesn't say. Now the kid in N. Carolina, yeah, that was heinous. I hope the kid's parents have a good lawyer and send that pedophile of an asst. principal to prison.
It also sounded as if there were several lawsuits in progress over these actions, and I hope justice prevails either way. If strip searches become the norm, I agree they should at least be conducted "in house" and not on the roadside. I'm willing to bet if the officials that don't comply get hit hard in their budgets a couple of times, they'll see the light.
I do see your point, Jay, honestly, and I agree that we've had our rights chiseled away bit by bit, but it started happening long before 9/11. That's what O and I were talking about earlier - by continuing this bickering about party line crap, we're losing sight of the bigger picture.
It was an interesting article, and thanks for posting it.
If you were replying to me seven hours ago, sorry, I do not come on here (usually) until later at night. Usually don't find me here until around 9PM or so, if I even choose to come on, give or take the subject. But I will try and explain why I think these strip searches are unconstitutional. First of all "innocent until proven guilty," does not allow officer's the right to assume guilty because they simply don't have the time to wait to find out ... according to the article and/or the S.Court. The woman stripped searched and had her personal item removed by a woman cop, on the highway with her children in the car is an abomination! The cop should have been fired. Did the woman resist you wondered? Wouldn't you? Wouldn't any innocent person resist someone fingering them in public? By the way, the woman violated ended up - she was innocent.

The little boy in school stripped down by a school official was trauma to someone's child. Had he been mine I would have been there hell's bells, and someone would see me in court.

If we in this country continue to allow this to happen at random, as cops perceive the assumption of guilty without just cause, they will take that inch, and next a foot, and then whatever they want.

I would say too bad about their budgets. It's the public that pays their salaries in the first place. Public service is taxpayer funded, and had it been me or mine, I would be raising holyhell and they would see me in court, which is what the two women strip searched on the highway for tossing a cigarette butt out the window finally did.

(By the way, you could have witnessed this yourself, it's on uncut video, and no they did not resist.)

If you think our rights are being "chiseled away" then we need to protest invasions of our privacy, personnel paid by us, denied the right to naked searches without just cause. No searches for someone going over the speed limit - not paying a parking ticket on time, seatbelt and all such ridiculous reasons to violate people. Although these cases may be not usually the norm, it still stands that as long as the court allows them to get away with this, the next person innocent of any wrong doing could be you or me. I will not stand for this in a country that touts itself the right to be innocent until proven guilty. See what I'm sayin? And yes, it has been going on before 911. 911 is an excuse to clamp down harder on the public - see TSA for example. Thanks Crow.

Since: Dec 11

#112237 Jul 24, 2013
this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>Ah! Collective consciousness...welcome friend to the
path of true spiritual freedom!
HUMANITY AWAITS GOOD SOLDIER'S!
INNER PEACE IS FREEDOM UNLIKE ANY ONE CAN EXPERIENCE.
Being on the mountain top is a reality far beyond the rights and wrongs of political views of power the mongers.
You know this Ari...you should embrace it in your heart.
I have a feeling somewhere inside you...you do!
PEACE
tofy
I have a place on top of the mountain which has inspired a few great poems...watching the sun rise as the soft summer breeze wells up from below and carries the scent of wild honey suckle and the blooming flowers....its surreal to say the least, if ya'll could see the world through a country boys eyes!

“Could've been a contender here”

Since: Apr 13

I couldn't find no fight, here

#112238 Jul 24, 2013
treebeard wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel it should be our civic duty to occupy her mind, rather than let it wander about town. Game development sounds like a job for CC (tag, you're it!). All proceeds from said game should go to her therapy fund. See? We're such good people.
Thanks, but CC has a job, and all proceeds go the the 'Calvin's Bass Boat Fund"

#112239 Jul 24, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
First we cue the Toilet Flush #2 sound effect, then we play theme to "Twilight Zone" then we cue Massengill...when you appear!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =3JJ700tVT_0XX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
lot of time go into that one Ari? how third grade....which means you finally passed the second grade
17 more and you can 'pretend' you're on my level
Bet you 20 dollars an inch my dick is bigger than yours
We already know bout the IQ scores
..and you have pussed out on every debate (so you're betting 1000 there)
When it comes to losing, you're Number 1

#112240 Jul 24, 2013
<quoted text>
I have a place on top of the mountain which has inspired a few great poems...watching the sun rise as the soft summer breeze wells up from below and carries the scent of wild honey suckle and the blooming flowers....its surreal to say the least, if ya'll could see the world through a country boys eyes!
you're still in the Massengil commercial, I see
(that smell ain't honey suckle, y'all!)
Syl

Ashland, KY

#112241 Jul 24, 2013
Well, now we can all rest easy about all [I MEAN ALL} those SCANDALS in DC. They were all FAKE scandals. Obama said so today himself today in his speech in Missouri. What a load off my mind. Now we can get some sleep tonight.
Also does any body remember the riots and demonstrations in California when OJ was found innocent of two white people's murder. Hummmm... I don't either.

#112242 Jul 24, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were replying to me seven hours ago, sorry, I do not come on here (usually) until later at night. Usually don't find me here until around 9PM or so, if I even choose to come on, give or take the subject. But I will try and explain why I think these strip searches are unconstitutional. First of all "innocent until proven guilty," does not allow officer's the right to assume guilty because they simply don't have the time to wait to find out ... according to the article and/or the S.Court. The woman stripped searched and had her personal item removed by a woman cop, on the highway with her children in the car is an abomination! The cop should have been fired. Did the woman resist you wondered? Wouldn't you? Wouldn't any innocent person resist someone fingering them in public? By the way, the woman violated ended up - she was innocent.
The little boy in school stripped down by a school official was trauma to someone's child. Had he been mine I would have been there hell's bells, and someone would see me in court.
If we in this country continue to allow this to happen at random, as cops perceive the assumption of guilty without just cause, they will take that inch, and next a foot, and then whatever they want.
I would say too bad about their budgets. It's the public that pays their salaries in the first place. Public service is taxpayer funded, and had it been me or mine, I would be raising holyhell and they would see me in court, which is what the two women strip searched on the highway for tossing a cigarette butt out the window finally did.
(By the way, you could have witnessed this yourself, it's on uncut video, and no they did not resist.)
If you think our rights are being "chiseled away" then we need to protest invasions of our privacy, personnel paid by us, denied the right to naked searches without just cause. No searches for someone going over the speed limit - not paying a parking ticket on time, seatbelt and all such ridiculous reasons to violate people. Although these cases may be not usually the norm, it still stands that as long as the court allows them to get away with this, the next person innocent of any wrong doing could be you or me. I will not stand for this in a country that touts itself the right to be innocent until proven guilty. See what I'm sayin? And yes, it has been going on before 911. 911 is an excuse to clamp down harder on the public - see TSA for example. Thanks Crow.
Lighten up, Jay, you can still strip search your boy at home

no need to make a court case out of it
Jay

Paris, TN

#112243 Jul 24, 2013
I might even support my fellow dems on this one:

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 11:14 AM
Subject: TODAY: Tell Congress to Stop NSA Phone Surveillance

DEMOCRATS.COM/UNITY

Stop NSA Phone Surveillance of Americans Bob Fertik July 24, 2013

Revelations of massive surveillance of Americans by the secretive National Security Agency (NSA) have outraged Americans across ideological lines.

This surveillance violates the Fourth Amendment, which prevents the government from searching our records without a specific warrant.

Tell Congress to stop the NSA's unconstitutional phone surveillance of Americans.

The surveillance was authorized by the secret FISA court using secret interpretations of laws that were never intended to authorize spying on Americans.

The first attempt by Congress to restrict unconstitutional NSA surveillance is the Amash-Conyers Amendment to H.R. 2397, which would defund NSA surveillance of the telephone records of Americans, unless they are the subject of an authorized terrorism investigation.

The House of Representatives will vote today on the Amash-Conyers Amendment, and Internet activists across the political spectrum are mobilizing to inundate Congress. So please act now!

Tell Congress to stop the NSA's unconstitutional phone surveillance of Americans.

Thanks for all you do!

Bob Fertik

----------

You are subscriber #deleted to Democrats.com Activist Alerts.
If you do not want to receive Activist Alerts...deleted
To permanently unsubscribe from all Democrats.com lists....deleted.

Petition: FYI can be posted if you wish.

#112244 Jul 24, 2013
Syl wrote:
Well, now we can all rest easy about all [I MEAN ALL} those SCANDALS in DC. They were all FAKE scandals. Obama said so today himself today in his speech in Missouri. What a load off my mind. Now we can get some sleep tonight.
Also does any body remember the riots and demonstrations in California when OJ was found innocent of two white people's murder. Hummmm... I don't either.
"I'm with Stupid."
...Syl
Jay

Paris, TN

#112245 Jul 24, 2013
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
Lighten up, Jay, you can still strip search your boy at home
no need to make a court case out of it

Was I talking to you? You lowlife, scum, POS! STFU!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#112246 Jul 24, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh we forgot that Obama is the slowest spending prez of all time (lmao) and how he promised to cut our National debt in half in four short years or how he would be a one term president if he didn't cut the debt in half and how he proclaimed that Bush was unpatriotic and irresponsible for adding the ungodly amount of 4.2 trillion dollars to our National debt in 8 years. Just how much has Obama added to our National debt in under 5 years? Oops! A record number of Americans living at or below the poverty level on Obama's watch. 7% of Americans income out the window on Obama's watch. For every job Obama brags about creating he put 2 more Americans on the food stamp program on his watch.
Are you just stupid? Are you "playing" dumb? If so you deserve an award for the part you play. You are great at being a dumb ass.
You have to be the most ignorant person on here. Yes the US debt is almost $17 Trillion now. Wait 8 more years and it will be at $23 Trillion.
Clinton handed off to Bush the US credit card with a zero balance. Bush handed Obama the credit card with a $5 Trillion debt and not enough income to pay for it. So yes, Obama has cut deficit spending in half of what Bush was doing, but no, there isn't enough money coming in to pay for the regular monthly bills and then pay on Bush's $5 Trillion. So just like any credit card the interest makes the balance more each month. I hope this helps you understand but I doubt it will you ignorant POS.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#112247 Jul 24, 2013
<quoted text>
A. "killed by non-American terrorist"
How about just 2009, that's more than fair isn't it?
May 2008 -- Six U.S. soldiers killed after a suicide bomber plowed through on impact using a motorcycle in Tarmiya. It was then that I began writing of how Americans should dub the Ford Pinto back into plan as a retaliation source. All they would need is a stick, a rock, the keys and a Ford Pinto. Stick the gas to run without anyone driving, put the car in drive and let it go straight towards a rock with the enemy standing in front of the rock looking at the explosive daisy coming towards them. Either way, once it touches, there you go and no U.S. soldier has to die behind that wheel to spread their message.
June 2008 -- Four Americans were killed by roadside bomb in Farah Province.
July 2008 -- Nine U.S. soldiers died along with at least 15 NATO troops due to a Taliban militant attack in Kunar Province.
August 2008 -- 15 suicide bombers decided to attack in Bamiyan, no U.S. soldiers died, but 15 nut jobs did.
September 2008 -- 25 Al Qaeda militants are arrested after a car bomb and rocket strike had been performed against the U.S. embassy in Yemen. 16 people died, 4 civilians added to that list.
November 2008 -- American popular hang outs surrounding Mumbai landmarks are attacked. Two five-star hotels, a hospital, a train station and a cinema had been the terrorists focal point of locations which led to almost 300 wounded, 190 dead, only 5 Americans were amongst that list. Makes little sense to attack Americans on a day when Americans decided to travel to other tourist areas. Perhaps an American blessing, however sad for all other victims.
B. Deficit spending: The House Republicans have blocked as much spending as they could and that got them the "party of NO" nick name by you and your friends...or have you forgotten that?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2013...
Department of Justice seized George Zimmerman's 9mm.
...AFTER he was found NOT GUILTY, that my friend is a GUN GRAB!
The current POTUS and VP are still threatening to use an "Executive Order" to side step Congress and The Senate to implement a semi-automatic weapon (assault weapon) Gun Grab!
Next time you see a Huff and Blow story that makes your leg quiver with excitement...research it for truth before you take the bait and run!
SNAP! no cheese for you, the trap just closed on your head!
Too much to pick out actual civilians from military so let's just do it this way.
Non-Military American civilians killed by Foreign Terrorist on American soil:
Bush: 3000
Obama: 0

#112248 Jul 24, 2013
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
lot of time go into that one Ari? how third grade....which means you finally passed the second grade
17 more and you can 'pretend' you're on my level
Bet you 20 dollars an inch my dick is bigger than yours
We already know bout the IQ scores
..and you have pussed out on every debate (so you're betting 1000 there)
When it comes to losing, you're Number 1
You would lose at least $10 on that bet Jr.
I have a gal who can "testify"...she does regularly!

OH GOD! you know I mean it!

#112249 Jul 24, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Too much to pick out actual civilians from military so let's just do it this way.
Non-Military American civilians killed by Foreign Terrorist on American soil:
Bush: 3000
Obama: 0
So you redefine and then that isn't moving the goal post?

I still include "civilian contractors" in hostile territory...and you're still WRONG! I say "American" include The Military! and I count those people killed no matter where they were! Ft. Hood ring any bells? The whole thing in a nutshell is this:
Obama's election as POTUS was because he had a "new game" strategy, be kinder and more diplomatic...don't call them terrorists, don't antagonize them by meddling in their affairs, and they won't bother U.S. remember?
They laughed and said look Mustaffa, he brings Vasoline, and he bows!

#112250 Jul 24, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>You have to be the most ignorant person on here. Yes the US debt is almost $17 Trillion now. Wait 8 more years and it will be at $23 Trillion.
Clinton handed off to Bush the US credit card with a zero balance. Bush handed Obama the credit card with a $5 Trillion debt and not enough income to pay for it. So yes, Obama has cut deficit spending in half of what Bush was doing, but no, there isn't enough money coming in to pay for the regular monthly bills and then pay on Bush's $5 Trillion. So just like any credit card the interest makes the balance more each month. I hope this helps you understand but I doubt it will you ignorant POS.
Oh no you didn't!

If being proud of being Christian, Conservative, and supporting other like me is Ignorant...then by God I'm the most ignorant
person here! And I will fight for that title!
...and you can also call me Ignorant Infidel!

#112251 Jul 24, 2013
I'm going crank some Hendrix, BOC, Black Sabbath, and Van Halen! C Ya'll when the sun dawns anew, bonsoir and adieu!

#112252 Jul 24, 2013
I'll leave you with this:

“"Who's happier than me?"”

Since: Oct 11

Brush mountain Ky

#112253 Jul 24, 2013
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
kiss.....fade to black
cue the
Douche commercial
Busted me right in the nose on that CC...ouch!
Perhaps a little more life experience will mellow your perspective some?
In the mean time enjoy this classic from the great Warren Zevon!
thisonefoeyou
PEACE
tofy
http://youtu.be/QVRqTUOz1Tc

“"Who's happier than me?"”

Since: Oct 11

Brush mountain Ky

#112254 Jul 24, 2013
Buenas noches me encanta estar aquí:)

LiberalSpin

Barnesville, OH

#112255 Jul 24, 2013
How libs spin it.

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said yesterday that the Obama administration has pulled the nation from the depths of the "Great Recession" with the creation of 7.2 million private sector jobs.

"And what is absolutely true is that we have come a long way since the depths of the Great Recession. We've created over 7.2 million private sector jobs," Carney told reporters at a press briefing.

Here's what Mr. Carney didn't say:

Since February of 2009, the first full month of Obama's presidency, 9.5 million Americans have dropped out of the labor force. Nearly 90 million Americans are not working today!

That means that 1.3 Americans have dropped out of the labor force for every one job the administration claims to have created.

There are 15 million more Americans on food stamps today than when Obama assumed office.

At the end of January 2009, 32,204,859 Americans received aid from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. As of April 2013, there were 47,548,694 Americans on food stamps.

That means that more than two Americans have been added to the food stamp rolls for every one job the administration says it has created.

Under Obama, 1.6 million more Americans are collecting disability insurance. In February 2009, 9,334,369 Americans received disability payments. Today, that number is 10,953,733.

O B A M A, OneBigAssMistakeAmerica!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 37 min Do the right thing 2,022
Rickie smith from1304 1 hr maybe 4
Holly or Nikki who will Brett pick 2 hr Old friends 3
stacy and eddie afair at union 2 hr really 9
Is Gary Williams won the Mayors race ? 2 hr duh 39
Mayor. And school board candidates slinging Mud... 3 hr Yep 32
coming soon 3 hr student 4
Kentucky Fried Chicken 4 hr chicky 12
Walmart Supercenter Sun Bigdaddy 6
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs