'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
American Lady

Danville, KY

#111726 Jul 21, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to bring GOD into it in such a foul way. Better get A Lunatic to quote you some verses and save your soul.
Is that a tribute to Trayvon you traded in your gay wrestler for? You should pay attention to your profile more so we won't. hahaha
Uh-oh. Eric Liu, author of "The Accidental Asian: Notes of a Native Speaker" and a former Bill Clinton speechwriter, has found a "hopeful note amid all the anguish and recrimination from the acquittal of George Zimmerman." It is, he explains in a Time.com essay, "that growing numbers of white people have come to appreciate whiteness for what it is: an unearned set of privileges":
This isn't about empathy or the posture of equivalency that empathy can tempt us to assume. It's about owning up to the unequal privilege of being nonblack and saying, in essence, "I am George Zimmerman." And because I am George Zimmerman, I get to have my fears trump reality. I get get-out-of-jail-free cards. I get a presumption of innocent victimhood, no matter what my own acts or attitudes.
Zimmerman is not without sin. The facts of the case seem consistent with the view that he was an overzealous wannabe cop, and it seems to us that he exercised poor judgment in following Martin after the 911 dispatcher urged him not to. There is no denying that the results were tragic. And even if the shooting was justified by self-defense--the jury verdict affirms only that the prosecution failed to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that it was not--Martin did not deserve to die. While private citizens have a right to the defensive use of force, its punitive use is rightly left to the state.
This statement is probably why so many people are outraged and the interpretation of events resulting from the trial imply this very statement from your posted article....
"It's about owning up to the unequal privilege of being nonblack and saying, in essence, "I am George Zimmerman." And because I am George Zimmerman, I get to have my fears trump reality. I get get-out-of-jail-free cards. I get a presumption of innocent victimhood, no matter what my own acts or attitudes."
Bottom line, if he had just done what he was told after doing the right thing calling 911 we wouldn't be having this conversation across the country.
BTW, I don't care if you are gay. I spent a great deal dealing with people's rights in my career. I don't discriminate past the repuke/teabaggers. I still have some party foes that I care about a great deal. We don't discuss anything political, just agree to disagree.
GRIMES 2014
DITCH MITCH McCONnell
Exodus 22:2–3
2 2 If a thief is found breaking in and is struck so that he dies, there shall be

---no--- bloodguilt--- for him,

3 but if the sun has risen on him, there shall be bloodguilt for him. He shall surely pay. If he has nothing, then he shall be sold for his theft.

blood·guilt (bldglt)
n.
The fact or state of being guilty of murder or bloodshed.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/bloodguilt

The proper way to DO self-defense was done
with understanding, and self preservation.

NOT GUILTY!

*Wisdom*
-REIGNED-
in that jury deliberation room.

Just like it did with George Zimmerman that night.
Honestly, in my opinion, he waited a lil TOO long!
He was NOT only in fear ...
HE WAS PHYSICALLY being BEAT!
Countrygirl

Eddyville, KY

#111728 Jul 21, 2013
Syl wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you are playing with your self when you write these posts.
sylly ,I didn't even know
it was you,but I should have. I responded before
I looked. That was weird.
OZombies

United States

#111729 Jul 21, 2013
Crow wrote:
<quoted text>
What an awesome site. It's so interesting to compare the "cutting edge" technology of then and now. Thanks, O, I enjoyed it very much.
You're welcome Crow...!!
Nicolas Cage in one of his movies used Tesla Coil.
:-)

“Could've been a contender here”

Since: Apr 13

I couldn't find no fight, here

#111730 Jul 21, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree about Z!
Also ...
---As for her condemning gay people and laughing at them, that's her problem. The last thing I am is gay, but I have always said, to each his own. I do not interfere in their lifestyle and could not care less what people do as long as they don't step into my turf and try to run my life.---
``````````
I don't 'hate' the person!
I "hate" the abomination ...
-n-
try to 'teach' the Christian words on it.
It definitely DOES NOT need to be in the forefront of Our Country and it's legislation. BUT there 'is' a certain mindset that goes along with that lifestyle, from some.
Same as any other mindset. You HAVE to be broad-open minded to see the WHOLE make up of the human race, for US all to get along.
Empathy[heart-conscience] GOES a loooooong way ...
imo
``````````
you're a Goddam liar!
imo
OZombies

United States

#111731 Jul 21, 2013
Crow wrote:
<quoted text>
*clutching my chest like Fred Sanford* Lizbeth...it's the big one! I'm comin' to join you! LOL!
I cannot agree with your politics, Jay, but I do agree with your opinion of O. I don't agree with her politics either, as far as Democrats being the root of all evil. Last night, though, we found common ground, and I have to say it was very nice.
For what it's worth (admittedly very little), the constant Republican bashing gets on my last nerve, too. I admit that sometimes it's fun to cross verbal swords, but we'd probably be better served by skipping all this party line crap. I have a feeling that by expending all our energy bickering with each other, we're playing right into "their" hands.
Thanks for your comment, Jay. It was appreciated.
I actually agree with you Crow...WOW ...!!
OZombies

United States

#111732 Jul 21, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you sit down.
I don't know much about Tesla like OZ does, but I have to agree with you on your thinking in your second paragraph.
OZ is well studied on Tesla, and people should listen to her comments.
The bitchfest that happens here is when people like that woman insult and degrade people she doesn't even know. I am not Ari, he is not me. We have never met, period! As for her condemning gay people and laughing at them, that's her problem. The last thing I am is gay, but I have always said, to each his own. I do not interfere in their lifestyle and could not care less what people do as long as they don't step into my turf and try to run my life. I have kids, a teen, and one brand new little grand-daughter. Gay people are who they are, but they are not me. So, this loose-tongued woman is getting what she deserves far as I'm concerned.
Appreciate your respectful words to OZ too.
Thank you Jay...that was very nice of you...!!
<3 !!
:-)!!
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#111733 Jul 21, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
So because you see Bush as a failure that qualifies Oblamers failures?
I can't take credit for that post, CC did it. Can't you read?
All administrations have failures within them. Looks like Bush has more, so don't act like President Obama's administration brought it to the White House. It was already there and continued by the teabagging Congress. I don't see our President getting blamed for anything as bad a the BUSH/CHENEY/RUMSFIELD/HALLIBUR TON administration. So what's your point Brad?

WOMAN POWER!!!

HILLARY 2016

GRIMES 2014
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#111734 Jul 21, 2013
Alison Lundergan Grimes says she opposes Obama's coal policies

LOUISVILLE — Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes tried to distance herself from President Barack Obama on Thursday following her first major public appearance since announcing she would challenge Republican Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell in 2014.

Speaking at a statewide gathering of county officials, the first-term secretary of state told reporters she does not support the Democratic president's positions on coal and that Obama's Affordable Care Act is flawed.

"Coal keeps the lights on here in Kentucky," Grimes said. "I disagree with the president and his philosophies in terms of coal. I stand by the 15,000 men and women who are employed here in the state of Kentucky."

The 34-year-old lawyer also said there are "many things" wrong with the Affordable Care Act, "but instead of trying to repeal it nearly 40 times, wasting our taxpayer's money, we should be talking about solutions."

David Kennedy, a Democratic magistrate from Harlan County who attended Thursday's meeting at the Galt House, said he liked what Grimes had to say about her support for the coal industry.

He and other Democratic county officials said voters in the state's eastern coalfield hate Obama and the Environmental Protection Agency for making it more difficult to obtain coal mining permits and for proposing new rules that would make it more difficult to build new coal-burning power plants.

Kennedy, though, faults McConnell for not doing enough to intervene on coal's behalf.

"He's one of the most powerful politicians in Washington, and he has not kept the EPA off of us one bit," Kennedy said. "We've got to get somebody in there to help support coal or we're all going to go under."

Kennedy said four coal mines have closed in the part of Harlan County he represents in the last year, leaving more than 300 coal miners without jobs.

McConnell and the Republican Party also have hammered Grimes in recent days for having no public appearances in the days after announcing she would run against the five-term senator from Louisville.

Grimes told reporters on Thursday that she was not the unprepared, second-tier or back-bench candidate that McConnell and the Republican Party have tried to paint her as over the past two weeks.

"I don't believe that any woman belongs on the back bench," Grimes said. "And the question I would ask is: What has Sen. McConnell done at the front of the bench for Kentucky for 28 years?"

Grimes said she remains focused on fulfilling her duties as secretary of state, including welcoming home returning troops at Fort Knox.

"I will not be bullied," Grimes said. "My first and foremost priority is serving as secretary of state."

She did not mention her visit over the weekend with national Democratic Party leaders and major donors on Martha's Vineyard island in Massachusetts.

Grimes also said criticisms about how she kicked off her campaign with a hastily called news conference and no campaign website are without merit.

"I am excited about the campaign that we are building," Grimes said. "I do believe we will cross that finish line successfully. It's not how you start, it's how finish."

Grimes plans to hold an official kick-off to her campaign on July 30.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2013/07/18/2720106/gr...

Looks like she is doing the job she was elected to do instead of keeping pace with GOP campaigning.
Can't blame her for that, that is what you are SUPPOSE to do. AND what has McCONnell done for the coal industry in KY, what has he done for KENTUCKY lately? Campaign while creating gridlock in DC, that's what. He needs to go.

GRIMES 2014

DITCH MITCH McCONnell
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#111735 Jul 21, 2013
Rand Paul’s Paleo Problem

In a climate where Mitt Romney and John McCain are demonized, Rand Paul has a lot of work ahead.

Rand Paul is the most interesting contender for the Republican nomination. And when I say interesting, I mean that in the broadest sense.
A case in point: Last week, the Kentucky senator hit some turbulence when the Washington Free Beacon reported that Jack Hunter, Paul’s aide and the co-author of his book, The Tea Party Goes to Washington, was once the Southern Avenger.

Who’s that? Starting in the 1990s, as a radio shock-jock, Hunter would wear a wrestling mask made from a Confederate flag, while making jokes about the assassination of Abraham Lincoln and having the South re-secede.

“Although Lincoln’s assassin, John Wilkes Booth’s heart was in the right place, the Southern Avenger does regret that Lincoln’s murder ... turned him into a martyr,” Turner said in 2004. Maybe the humor is all in the delivery?

Hunter’s defenders, including my Fox News colleague Andrew Napolitano, think the reaction against Hunter has been cranked up by neocon “hawks, whose ideology is ... being discredited every day.” According to Napolitano,“Jack’s sin in their eyes was having spoken favorably of states’ rights, and negatively of Lincoln.”

“Negatively of Lincoln” is a curious understatement, given that Hunter — who admits to giving a “personal toast” to Booth on his birthday — once suggested Lincoln would have had an amorous relationship with Adolf Hitler.

Meanwhile, Hunter says he has matured and is embarrassed by much of what he said in the past. Moreover, he says that for all the theatrics and bombast, he’s never said, believed, or done anything racist.“I abhor racism,” he wrote at his site, Southernavenger.com ,“and have always treated everyone I’ve met with dignity and respect.”

Such controversies are hardly new to Paulworld. Most famously, Rand’s father, former Representative Ron Paul, the three-time presidential candidate (for whom Hunter worked in 2012), published newsletters bearing his name that brimmed with bigoted bile. When his writing became controversial, the elder Paul insisted he hadn’t known what was in his own newsletters (though in 1996 he took responsibility for them).

HILLARY 2016

GRIMES 2014

continued.
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#111736 Jul 21, 2013
Both controversies stem from the same sinful strategy adopted by so-called paleolibertarians in the 1980s. The idea was that libertarians needed to attract followers from outside the ranks of both the mainstream GOP and the libertarian movement — by trying to fuse the struggle for individual liberty with nostalgia for white supremacy. Thinkers such as Murray Rothbard hated the cultural liberalism of libertarians like the Koch brothers (yes, you read that right) and sought to build a movement fueled by white resentment. This sect of libertarianism played into the left-wing view of conservatism as racist. The newsletters, probably ghostwritten by Rothbard and former Ron Paul chief of staff Lew Rockwell, were the main organ for this effort.

“The paleo strategy was a horrific mistake,” libertarian economist Steve Horwitz wrote in 2011,“though it apparently made some folks (such as Rockwell and Paul) pretty rich selling newsletters predicting the collapse of Western civilization at the hands of the blacks, gays, and multiculturalists.”

By no means do all Ron Paul supporters subscribe to this dreck. Some are ignorant about this history, while others dismiss the controversies as a distraction from Paul’s real message. Most take great offense at any suggestion that Paul or Paulism has anything to do with racism.

Rand Paul literally and figuratively grew up in the shadow of all this, but while he’s always circumspect when talking about his dad, in private and in public he has given no hint of subscribing to the Rockwell-Rothbard thesis. Indeed, he is sincerely eager to reach out to African-American voters on issues like the drug war.

Rand Paul shares his father’s ambition to be president. Color me skeptical. Even though he’s a vastly better politician — morally and strategically — than his father, in a climate where politicians like Mitt Romney and John McCain can be demonized as bigots, should Rand Paul ever be nominated, one can only imagine what his opponents, in and out of the media, would do. Unfairly or not, his task of clearing the air would be Augean.

Hence another irony. Defenders like Napolitano think Paul’s critics subscribe to a “dying ideology,” but Paul’s only shot at the White House hinges on thoroughly interring an ideology far more deserving of death. He’s got a lot more work ahead of him.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/353599/...

Guess that apple didn't fall far from the tree but GRANDrand got elected anyway huh?

HILLARY 2016

GRIMES 2014
OZombies

United States

#111737 Jul 21, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>You are so stupid. Everyone knows HAARP isn't for the weather. The government is using the shortwave radio communication generated in Gakona to control the minds of unsuspecting Americans. You need to read up on this stuff.
Tesla worked on...

Radio Frequency
Ionosphere
Electricity

HAARP did experiments of Tesla's inventions ...
You need to read up on this stuff ...!!

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#111739 Jul 21, 2013
The private health care option will leave the country.
Look to CostaRica for boutique healthcare.
Cash or gold coin only.
OZombies

United States

#111740 Jul 21, 2013
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
She's a cruel hearted. soulless, racist bitch with a one-track mind...and she's bark at the moon crazy.
You must be talking about your mama again...!!
You have serious problem...!!
Get help...!!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#111741 Jul 21, 2013
OZombies wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome Crow...!!
Nicolas Cage in one of his movies used Tesla Coil.
:-)
Tesla died flat broke in a two room hotel room, insane and talking to birds that flew in his window. Is that your end of life plans?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#111742 Jul 21, 2013
RayOne wrote:
The private health care option will leave the country.
Look to CostaRica for boutique healthcare.
Cash or gold coin only.
I knew Repubs had a healthcare plan for America. Just didn't know the details of it until your post.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#111743 Jul 21, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>I knew Repubs had a healthcare plan for America. Just didn't know the details of it until your post.
RhINOs have been working with the DNC for a long time, read- it does a body good.
OZombies

United States

#111745 Jul 21, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Tesla died flat broke in a two room hotel room, insane and talking to birds that flew in his window. Is that your end of life plans?
That's only you know about Tesla...?? Poor thing...!
TESLA'S INVENTIONS...
Niagara Falls Power Plant
Alternating Current
Tesla Coil
Radio
Motor
X-ray (vacuum tube amp.)
Radar
Radiation
Tesla Plasma Lamp
Rotary Engine
Spark Plugs
Florescent lights
Grounding Rod
Robotics
Remote Control
Wireless Technology (laptop)
Microwave
This is just few...
Tesla was called by Scientists MASTER of LIGHTING
he was ahead of his time...Tesla was INVENTIVE GENIUS ...Edison was businessman. Yes Tesla died poor. US took so much from Tesla but didn't invest anything in him. Everyone stole from Tesla...Edison, J.P. Morgan, even his own partner George Westinghouse. Now US government wishes another Tesla to be born to finish his inventions.
Russia wanted to finance Tesla but he chose AMERICA land of opportunity ...!!
TESLA WAS AMERICAN CITIZEN !!!!!

Since: Dec 11

#111746 Jul 21, 2013
Your mobile phone may be vulnerable!
SIM card hack takes less than 1 minute, PayPal and MasterCards can be accessed!

http://rt.com/news/sim-mobile-nohl-hacking-38...
OZombies

United States

#111747 Jul 21, 2013
Crow wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh CRAP! Quick, let's find something to argue about before we burst into a chorus of "Kumbayah"! ;)
Ok, you can sing you can dance, do what you want...we are arguing here and politicians are playing us. There is corruption on both sides. Approval of our government is about 12%. They're all rich, powerful and corrupt. While people are fighting, politicians make deals among them every single day.
:-)!!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#111748 Jul 21, 2013
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
you're a Goddam liar!
imo
the boi 'blasphemer'...
IS the -l-i-a-r-...

Hello, My Name Is ...[LIES]... said the boi]

Proverbs 25:26 we read that "A righteous man who falters before the wicked is like a murky spring and a polluted well." Certainly we would be faltering before the wicked if we chose to be unarmed and unable to resist an assailant who might be threatening our life.

Martin THREATENED to KILL George Zimmerman!
Mr. Zimmerman IS a 'vessel of God'...

tm was not.
----------

ACCEPT
the way God made you.

Be EMPTIED of self
to make room for God.

Allow God to CLEANSE you
even if the process is painful.

Be FILLED and constantly refilled
with the Living Water of the Holy Spirit.

POUR OUT your life
in ministry as God directs.

John 15:5 (Experience the Joy of Being a Vessel)
I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

BIBLICAL LAW AND SELF-DEFENSE
Written By
WILLIAM O. EINWECHTER

If a thief be found breaking up, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him. If the sun be risen upon him, there shall be blood shed for him....(Ex. 22:2-3)

At the heart of the debate over gun control is the issue of self-defense. Citizens may desire gun ownership for hunting and recreation, but the primary reason for owning a gun is self-defense against criminals and a tyrannical government.

Therefore, any biblical text that deals with the right of self-defense is central to determining the right of gun ownership under God’s law. Perhaps the most crucial text to address the right of self-defense is Exodus 22:2-3.

http://darashpress.com/articles/biblical-law-...

Conclusion
The wisdom of the framers of the Constitution is consistent with the lessons of the Bible. Instruments of defense should be dispersed throughout the nation, not concentrated in the hands of the central government. In a Godly country, righteousness governs each man through the Holy Spirit working within. The government has no cause to want a monopoly of force; the government that desires such a monopoly is a threat to the lives, liberty and property of its citizens. The assumption that only danger can result from people carrying guns is used to justify government monopoly of force. The notion that the people cannot be trusted to keep and bear their own arms informs us that ours, like the time of Solomon, may be one of great riches but is also a time of peril for free people. If Christ is not our King, we shall have a dictator to rule over us, just as Samuel warned.

http://www.lawandliberty.org/defense.htm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Knox Co.Jail employees idicted 3 hr too 77
Who will win for Knox County Jailer 2014 3 hr Country 48
big buck in carter hollow 3 hr lmao 9
What is the bad blood between Roger Vanover and... 6 hr Gray Citizan 3
this is the year!!! panther fans ( not) 6 hr court jester 1
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 7 hr Princess Hey 318
Scott Simpson 7 hr Curiouswonderer 1
Mike Warren embezzled money? 8 hr WhoCares 23
Letter in mail from Sheriff candidate 12 hr Guessudontknow 38
El Mariachi Restaurant 13 hr Piggy Tails 20