'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story

“Could've been a contender here”

Since: Apr 13

I couldn't find no fight, here

#111236 Jul 19, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
Obama said he wanted to "reiterate what I said on Sunday, which is there are going to be a lot of arguments about the legal issues in the case. I'll let all the legal analysts and talking heads address those issues."
In his first public remarks after the acquittal by a Florida court of Travyon Martin's shooter, George Zimmerman, President Obama says, "Trayvon Martin could have been me, 35 years ago."
The president added, "The judge conducted the trial in a professional manner. The prosecution and the defense made their arguments. The jurors were properly instructed that in a case such as this, reasonable doubt was relevant and they rendered a verdict. And once the jury's spoken, that's how our system works."
And though Obama sidestepped the idea of demanding a new, national conversation on race -- and while he said that racism was far from eliminated -- the president ended on an upbeat moment, expressing his view that race relations are "getting better."
"I don’t want us to lose sight that things are getting better. Each successive generation seems to be making progress in changing attitudes when it comes to race. I doesn’t mean that we’re in a post racial society. It doesn’t mean that racism is eliminated," he said. "But you know, when I talk to Malia and Sasha and I listen to their friends and I see them interact, they’re better than we are."
Obama added: "We have to be vigilant and we have to work on these issues, and those of us in authority should be doing everything we can to encourage the better angels of our nature as opposed to using these episodes to heighten divisions. But we should also have confidence that kids these days I think have more sense than we did back then, and certainly more than our parents did or our grandparents did, and that along this long, difficult journey, we’re becoming a more perfect union -- not a perfect union, but a more perfect union."
http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/...
F-ing liars, everyone of you. Everything he said is true. RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
It will be the mot historically significant Presidential speech in the last half century...maybe, since the Gettysburg Address

#111237 Jul 19, 2013
OZombies wrote:
All of you supporting Obama, calling yourself Americans, the hell you are. Obama didn't stay in Rev. Jeremiah Wright church for nothing, America and white hater. "No no no God bless America, God damn America"... Obama proved that today,
talking about Trayvon Martin..."35 years ago that could've be me"...our own president is profiling. Our own president is racist. This is more then sad.
His is the president of U.S. for God's sake. The most divisive president in U.S. history. This is sad day in America ..."If Trayvon was white the outcome would be different"...! WOW...!!
"The first time in my adult life I'm proud with my country" Michelle Obama, our first lady-bull crap.
Obama, Eric Holder, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, all racist and Al Sharpton ain't MLK Jr. for sure...!!
God bless United States of America...<3 !!
God help us all...!!
looking lie your god character isn't really ALL IN, dig?
ALL POWERFUL, and ain't doin' shit!
Crow

Columbus, IN

#111238 Jul 19, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
Obama said he wanted to "reiterate what I said on Sunday, which is there are going to be a lot of arguments about the legal issues in the case. I'll let all the legal analysts and talking heads address those issues."
In his first public remarks after the acquittal by a Florida court of Travyon Martin's shooter, George Zimmerman, President Obama says, "Trayvon Martin could have been me, 35 years ago."
The president added, "The judge conducted the trial in a professional manner. The prosecution and the defense made their arguments. The jurors were properly instructed that in a case such as this, reasonable doubt was relevant and they rendered a verdict. And once the jury's spoken, that's how our system works."
And though Obama sidestepped the idea of demanding a new, national conversation on race -- and while he said that racism was far from eliminated -- the president ended on an upbeat moment, expressing his view that race relations are "getting better."
"I don’t want us to lose sight that things are getting better. Each successive generation seems to be making progress in changing attitudes when it comes to race. I doesn’t mean that we’re in a post racial society. It doesn’t mean that racism is eliminated," he said. "But you know, when I talk to Malia and Sasha and I listen to their friends and I see them interact, they’re better than we are."
Obama added: "We have to be vigilant and we have to work on these issues, and those of us in authority should be doing everything we can to encourage the better angels of our nature as opposed to using these episodes to heighten divisions. But we should also have confidence that kids these days I think have more sense than we did back then, and certainly more than our parents did or our grandparents did, and that along this long, difficult journey, we’re becoming a more perfect union -- not a perfect union, but a more perfect union."
http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/...
F-ing liars, everyone of you. Everything he said is true. RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
RC, I gave you a hard time the other day because of the lengthy, numerous posts you make, but I'm glad you posted both parts of this one. President Obama's remarks were eloquent, heartfelt and thought-provoking. I might not have seen them otherwise, so...thank you.

#111240 Jul 19, 2013
RayOne wrote:
The first sign that the WhiteHouse is losing its base, may be on Facebook.
The MSM will not report for fear of the 'lost WH invitation'.
sure Grandpa...we agree with you so we don't confuse you further...it's the right thing to do. Go poop, it's ok...
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#111242 Jul 19, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Won't MAKE ANY difference Syl!
They ARE NOT "listening" ... ANYHOW!
YET!
AND we aren't going to listen to your gloom and doom propaganda. We live in the REAL world where the MAJORITY still rules. Sucks for you that you can't comprehend it. Can't even buy an election. Get ready for the first WOMAN PRESIDENT. Bet that gripes your ass too. You have no candidate that can beat her.

HILLARY 2016

DITCH MITCH 2014
American Lady

Danville, KY

#111243 Jul 19, 2013
Yesterday!

Mark O'Mara talks Zimmerman's future, prosecutors' comments

George Zimmerman's defense attorney is not happy that prosecutors have continued to label his client as a "murderer," even after Zimmerman was found not guilty late Saturday.

When asked to describe George Zimmerman in one word during an interview with HLN, State Attorney Angela Corey replied, "Murderer."
[NOT saying MUCH for her as state attorney WHO IS SUPPOSED to WORK FOR AND "believe IN" the Justice System! IS IT?]

I asked Mark O'Mara on Thursday about Corey's comment. He wouldn't go as far as to say Zimmerman would sue the state, but he did say he's not happy with what prosecutors are saying.
"It's horrible to denigrate a jury's decision and the whole process, particularly when it comes from people who are sworn to uphold the standards of the system," O'Mara said. "I don't know why they can't just deal with it with a little bit of finesse, a little bit of pride in themselves, and realize they tried their best case and they lost, and move on."
"He's been acquitted by the most fair system in the universe, but there's still people that refuse to accept it, because they refuse to accept the facts," O'Mara said.

As for possible legal action to come, O'Mara said he believes it's unlikely potential civil rights charges will stick.

When I asked him about a possible wrongful death suit from Trayvon Martin's family, O'Mara said Zimmerman "will argue that he's immune from civil liability because he acted appropriately in self-defense. That includes the award for attorneys' fees for that process, so we'll deal with it."

"It may just be a presentation they want to make, but that's a day yet to come," O'Mara added.
I also asked O'Mara about the gun Zimmerman used to shoot Trayvon Martin, and if it's possible he could use that gun again. O'Mara said Zimmerman's belongings, including the gun, will be turned back over to him eventually.

As for whether he'll use it again, O'Mara said, "It's up to George what he does with that."

But Zimmerman will have to wait a little longer before getting back his belongings. Shortly after I spoke with O'Mara on Thursday, the Justice Department announced a hold on evidence related to the case.

MORE:
http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13...

#111244 Jul 19, 2013
RayOne wrote:
'STUPIDLY' on parade. From the WH.
...another Fortune Cookie Factory retiree...with too much time on his hands, and is creativity long spent.
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#111245 Jul 19, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Get L~O~S~T
libTARD!
Don't NEED you
NOR your ILK!
America does NOT ...
either!
YOU are queen loon of the circus socks not topix. Besides most of us were here long before you trolled in here. America doesn't need your gloom and doom fright winged parties either. That is why the MAJORITY wins and your two parties cancel each other out. hahaha RIP GOP

HILLARY 2016

DITCH MITCH 2014
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#111248 Jul 19, 2013
Crow wrote:
<quoted text>
RC, I gave you a hard time the other day because of the lengthy, numerous posts you make, but I'm glad you posted both parts of this one. President Obama's remarks were eloquent, heartfelt and thought-provoking. I might not have seen them otherwise, so...thank you.
That's okay Crow. And your welcome. I post them sometimes in full length so people can see the "real" story, not twisted bits and pieces spun in the fauxbox fashion or these circus clowns search for a wnd frightwinged site to distort what was really said. Plus, some people don't want to click on links for fear of viruses. I hardly click on any of their links but I will search for their key words to only find one or two wnd sites reporting it as distorted as they do. Hell, half the time you won't even find a faux reference to them.

I think he spoke from the heart too. He, unlike any other President, CAN speak from experience. Distort as they may, people still profile blacks and now Hispanics taught to them from generation to generation. I am glad I spent my life with the military and never seen color. We are ALL GOD's children. Bottom line. He just wants to remind people this is 2013 and things have changed, except with the frightwinged bunch. They can't help their racist colors surface with their teaparty mentality. Re: Signs of racist disgust carried by Beck/Rush's favorite tea party. Totally disgusting.

No teleprompter either. Straight from the heart. I like that. I am sure they will chew on it for days to come with the whole meaning behind it passing over their pointed heads. lol

DITCH MITCH

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#111249 Jul 19, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Get L~O~S~T
libTARD!
Don't NEED you
NOR your ILK!
America does NOT ...
either!
You are in the Minority of true Americans.
wtf

Horse Cave, KY

#111250 Jul 19, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are queen loon of the circus socks not topix. Besides most of us were here long before you trolled in here. America doesn't need your gloom and doom fright winged parties either. That is why the MAJORITY wins and your two parties cancel each other out. hahaha RIP GOP
HILLARY 2016
DITCH MITCH 2014
Were you chanting RIP democrats when Bush won his two terms? No? lol Oh, that 2 term win was different. Bush's 2 terms wasn't a kiss of death for the democrats but Obama's 2 term win means that the GOP is dead. Did you figure that out all by yourself or did you have to call for backup? LMMFAO

Thank goodness you are never in the position of making any life saving decisions with your stunning brain power skills.

Another yuk-yuk moment provided by the little boy who obsesses about Mitch McConnell. Good job. Somebody throw that boy a bone. He has earned his treat.

You are a moron, a full-fledged ObaMORON!
wtf

Horse Cave, KY

#111251 Jul 19, 2013
Crow wrote:
<quoted text>
So two like minds think that Obama's speech was eloquent. Are we supposed to be impressed with your findings? lol I would be very embarrassed to be on the same brain wave link as the looney-toon that obsesses about Mitch but that just might be a step up for you, huh?
LMAO

#111252 Jul 19, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
HILLARY 2016
DITCH MITCH 2014
...like trying to describe an eye exam machine to a blind person
American Lady

Danville, KY

#111253 Jul 19, 2013
Who said this and when did he say it?:

"There is a class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs. There is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don't want the patient to get well."

Booker T. Washington, way back in 1911 - 102 years ago! He could be talking about the President of the United States TODAY!(He might have to change a few words to make it more PC, of course.)

^
^
^

ABOVE copied from another poster ...

~~~~~~~~~~

AL wrote:

So Lonely is the Black Republican
Beyond the Rhetoric
By Harry C. Alford

So Lonely is the Black Republican

It’s hard to believe but the fact is the Republican Party, Grand Old Party aka GOP, was co-founded by a Black abolitionist and revolutionary.

The great Frederick Douglas was perhaps one of the proudest Black Americans who ever walked this earth.

His vintage phrases such as “Power concedes nothing without a demand”; “Your Independence Day is not my independence day”; “There must be a struggle. You may not get all that you pay for but you will pay for all that you get.” He was probably the first prominent African American to don an Afro. Such a contributor to American history and the great legacy of Black struggle. This man feared nothing but God almighty. I just love his story.

No less was his protégé, Booker T. Washington.

He was more subtle but just as resilient and demonstrative in his vision for Black America.
Born outside of Charleston, West Virginia he literally walked hundreds of miles to Hampton Institute, Virginia to get his formal education. His vision of capitalism and proper education were realized in his Tuskegee Institute project.

http://www.nationalbcc.org/...

Toodles ...

COULD say ...
I *TOLD* ya SO!

Education ...
on
American & U.S. HISTORY would be KEY!

but ...

NOT by a libTARDED college institution!

#111254 Jul 19, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you chanting RIP democrats when Bush won his two terms? No? lol Oh, that 2 term win was different. Bush's 2 terms wasn't a kiss of death for the democrats but Obama's 2 term win means that the GOP is dead. Did you figure that out all by yourself or did you have to call for backup? LMMFAO
Thank goodness you are never in the position of making any life saving decisions with your stunning brain power skills.
Another yuk-yuk moment provided by the little boy who obsesses about Mitch McConnell. Good job. Somebody throw that boy a bone. He has earned his treat.
hey, dipshit, Bush winning didn't kill the Democratic Party
The GOP, with it's circular thinking, killed itself...Pump all the hot air you want...hell, call O'reilly and Glenn.....DEAD IS DEAD!!!!!!!!
Tapped any hot teenage boys lately?(without chloroform)

#111255 Jul 19, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
So two like minds think that Obama's speech was eloquent. Are we supposed to be impressed with your findings? lol I would be very embarrassed to be on the same brain wave link as the looney-toon that obsesses about Mitch but that just might be a step up for you, huh?
LMAO
not just eloquent...Historical!
it burns, huh?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#111256 Jul 19, 2013
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
hey, dipshit, Bush winning didn't kill the Democratic Party
The GOP, with it's circular thinking, killed itself...Pump all the hot air you want...hell, call O'reilly and Glenn.....DEAD IS DEAD!!!!!!!!
Tapped any hot teenage boys lately?(without chloroform)
Gots to MAKE ONE more!:)

hey, dipshit, Bush winning didn't kill the Democratic Party ...said THE boi.

libTARDS are DOING IT
for them!

)8~D>

#111257 Jul 19, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
libTARDS are DOING IT
for them!
)8~D>
Hon, take Big Bear out of the microwave...he's ready

Location hidden

#111258 Jul 19, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush is what drove many away from the Repub party. That's why no one running for any office has ever let him on the same stage or in the same building.
Only Repub that I or any other Dem would vote for is Chris Christie. But you Repubs hate him so bad because he works with the other side you wouldn't let that happen.

Location hidden

#111259 Jul 19, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
libTARDS are DOING IT
for them!
)8~D>
Bush's 8 years and his destruction of the American economy is what won Obama two terms. McCain and Romney had the exact same ideas as Bush. That is why they lost.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 10 min Working mom 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 16 min ChromiuMan 130,992
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 20 min Rand and Mitch 4,357
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr Birds 81,630
Kfc 6 hr Jack 12
Jessica "Hall" Younger? (Jul '13) 8 hr BullSpit 7
2012 Ginseng Prices (Oct '12) 8 hr phil 125
Republicans have tunnel vision!! 8 hr Limbertwig 70
Henson Hollow 11 hr live in the holler 10
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••