'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
Uncle Tab

United States

#109875 Jul 12, 2013
Self Preservation wrote:
I do not recall hearing anyone say that Martin couldn't perceive George as a threat. Where is that posted?
However, anyone with any common sense would be able to surmise that Martin very evidently, did not see George as ANY kind of threat whatsoever. Because he turned around and proceeded TOWARD him not away from him. Either he saw him as a zero threat. Or he is the stupidest person on the planet-- IF and that's a very big IF- he was afraid and turned around to pursue George anyway.
Martin was very close to being inside where he was staying. He made the choice NOT to go there.
I just heard that Michael Savage says George is GUILTY simply because he had a weapon (gun) and got put of his car.
My thinking is that the Libobot George is actually a whimpy guy and that yea he probably did get out of his car because he was armed. However, I believe it simply never occurred to George that he might "have to" use his weapon. I do not think he is bright enough to have thought that far ahead.
In fact a lot of people who carry, feel SAFE, simply because they carry. They typically do not consider what it may be like to have use their weapon in real life. And I think George fits into this category.
I'll break it down for you two ways... Zimmerman DID pursue Martin. Why? No reason. FACT!

Second,(this is where you lose all facts and go into speculation as you claim the prosecution has done) Martin does have the right to protect Harold from Someone. If he has the same threat in his mind about a man who is chasing him for no reason, why in your mind can't he protect himself?

That's where ou all lose all credibility.

Zimmerman can run after Martin not be ause he's doing any kind of self defense. Martin is running for defense. I asked last night. Where is he supposed to run to? Alabama?

Not easy to dial a phone at night in the rain as you try to keep an eye on the person who may be trying to kill you.

If this isn't sinking in, there's no help for you at all.

But just a few other things, neighborhood watch says no guns, stay in car, don't follow. 911 says don't follow.... Everything says don't follow.

So many ways for this have not to happened, but no matter what, it's martins fault?

And you don't get ANY of that?? Really?
Uncle Tab

United States

#109876 Jul 12, 2013
American Lady Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
NO ONE has told me
OR
sent me any such!
I "spoke" that from MY MOUTH/fingers
OF MY OWN ACCORD!
You can ask me 'politely' to DO anything
[does NOT mean I will DO it]
BUT ...
you can NOT "make ME"
Do a damn thing!
~-~
You can TAKE THAT to the bank!
When you sit down and look at yourself.... Honestly look at yourself.... You'll understand why you're treated the way you're treated.

Facts are facts..... But the majority of people aren't wrong.

You just have to live with that fact and fix whatever's wrong with you and then maybe you'd get some respect.

Until then...... You will get none from anyone that matters.

“ AL ”

Since: Jul 13

Danville, KY

#109877 Jul 12, 2013
Self Preservation wrote:
AL, I'm on my laptop now and when I tried to give you an "agree" those jackasses popped up a box claiming a "forum error".....I kid you not.
Desperate isn't it?
Clearly, I do not think we need to be reminded that all topix sites certainly seem to very Liberally run! right?
Anyway, I agree with what you said AL.
Make sure you 'clean' your pc OFTEN!
And 'refresh' or F5 ...
sometimes helps the forum error you are talking about

:)

“ AL ”

Danville, KY

#109878 Jul 12, 2013
I'm by NO means calling Mr. George Zimmerman a 'hero' as you proclaim 'spewy'...

I am merely stating FACTS as I see them.

He was doing his man/husband/American duties that night. By "reporting" something, be it human or not, that was 'suspicious in 'his' Gated Community, where home prices had fallen, and FEAR had spread through because of the ongoing and recent RIFE OF burglaries.

That is NOT hero status, in my book ...
That should BE an everyday occurrence ...
IF everyone STARTED doing this ...

THEN maybe there would BE NO MORE untimely AND sad deaths.
Uncle Tab

United States

#109879 Jul 12, 2013
I'm by NO means calling Mr. George Zimmerman a 'hero' as you proclaim 'spewy'...
He was doing his man/husband/American duties that night. By "reporting" something, be it human or not, that was 'suspicious in 'his' Gated Community, where home prices had fallen, and FEAR had spread through because of the ongoing and recent RIFE OF burglaries.
That and not shooting a kid with a pocket full of skittles..... That'd help too.
Uncle Tab

United States

#109880 Jul 12, 2013
Snowmen making a deal with Russia to be safe in their country if he shares the secrets of our government.

Which one of you called him a Patriot?

Show of hands??
Uncle Tab

United States

#109881 Jul 12, 2013
And you DID say Zimmerman shot a THUG and GOOD RIDDANCE!

...... What a way to be so very Christian.

How messed up is the church you go to??

They still ok with lynchings down your way?

And that kinda makes your abortion argument worthless doesn't it?

Just clearing things up in case you aren't catching on. And I'm sure all other republicans will let you know how wrong your comments are.... Here for everyone to see.

Well...... Only the true American Patriots will step up. The cowards will not say a word.
Jay

Paris, TN

#109882 Jul 12, 2013
Here's the thing with Z testifying. The atty did not feel it was necessary because the juror's have already seen the videos of Zimmerman at the scene. He went through the whole scenario, location, explanation and what happened that night. The jury has viewed this live retake several times so they did not think it was needed for Z to get up on the stand and repeat what they already viewed.

On the other hand:

Trayvon Martin's testimony wouldn't have changed anything in Zimmerman trial

Di Maio pointed out that you can't judge the severity of blows from photos and certainly not just the photos taken right at the time of the injury as patterns of injury can only be revealed based on how bruising changes over time. Furthermore she said that "You can have severe head trauma without any marks on the head." Di Maio identified six separate blows that were landed on Zimmerman's face and head.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/07/10/tra...
Uncle Tab

United States

#109883 Jul 12, 2013
Jay wrote:
Here's the thing with Z testifying. The atty did not feel it was necessary because the juror's have already seen the videos of Zimmerman at the scene. He went through the whole scenario, location, explanation and what happened that night. The jury has viewed this live retake several times so they did not think it was needed for Z to get up on the stand and repeat what they already viewed.
On the other hand:
Trayvon Martin's testimony wouldn't have changed anything in Zimmerman trial
Di Maio pointed out that you can't judge the severity of blows from photos and certainly not just the photos taken right at the time of the injury as patterns of injury can only be revealed based on how bruising changes over time. Furthermore she said that "You can have severe head trauma without any marks on the head." Di Maio identified six separate blows that were landed on Zimmerman's face and head.
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/07/10/tra...
His MANY inconsistencies is why he didn't take the stand. Everyone knows that, as does the jury.

His lawyers knew that he'd be torn apart on the stand. Plain and simple.

That being said, all of what he said is suspect.

The jury will see right thru it. I don't think this will be another Casey Anthony screw up.

“ AL ”

Danville, KY

#109884 Jul 12, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
That and not shooting a kid with a pocket full of skittles..... That'd help too.
That 'brute' punching Mr. George Zimmerman in the face, and BEATING his head into the concrete ...

WAS NOT a child!
He is still considered a 'minor' YES!

BUT no child...
A child would have kept going, until he got home!
HOME where he felt SAFE!

This guy[martin] was going to SHOW that man ...
'a thing or two'

WRONG ...

As you said:
You do NOT take 'skittles to a GUNfight!'

BTW ..
Where were his parents on that fateful night?
Why were they not keeping an eye on their "child" ...
AND making sure he was SAFE!

They had NO WORRIES!
He had WON several FIGHTS up to that date ...
So they were not worried!

He picked the WRONG person to FIGHT with THIS time!

First TIME for everything!
He pushed his 'luck'...

And God showed him, WHO was most 'powerful!'

You do NOT mock God!
NOR pick on one of His!

This man was a 'choirboy' from 7 to 17 ...

He LEARNED from little up what was right ...
FROM
what was 'wrong'...

God took care of him.

Proverbs 22:6 Geneva Bible
22:6 Train up a child (d) in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

(d) Bring him up virtuously and he will continue so.

==========
Stick around 'spewy'...
you'll LEARN something NEW daily!

IF it can get into your THICK 'blockhead'...

“ AL ”

Danville, KY

#109885 Jul 12, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
His MANY inconsistencies is why he didn't take the stand. Everyone knows that, as does the jury.
The jury will see right thru it. I don't think this will be another Casey Anthony screw up.
Anthony's 'screw up' as 'you say'
WAS because of the "ineptness of the prosecution!"

They THOUGHT they had a "slam dunk" ...

WRONG ... just liKe you,'spewy'...

;~)

“ AL ”

Danville, KY

#109886 Jul 12, 2013
Matthew 18:6

(2) But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and [that] he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Zimmerman was STILL one of God's children ...
Even tho he was an 'adult'...

Just because you get 'old'...
Doesn't mean you're NOT 'still a child' in Our Father's eyes!

Better remember that 'spewy'...

~-~
Yep

Ashland, KY

#109887 Jul 12, 2013
If he hadn't followed hime (like the police asked), if he hadn't got out of the car then the boy would not be dead and he wouldn't be on trial.

Who in the hell gave him a badge or any authority to do anything? Like you said yourself, he didn't ask politely and then he did a damn thing. He took a life. Why do you people have to bring your f ing politics in to everything?
Uncle Tab

United States

#109888 Jul 12, 2013
<quoted text>
That 'brute' punching Mr. George Zimmerman in the face, and BEATING his head into the concrete ...
WAS NOT a child!
He is still considered a 'minor' YES!
BUT no child...
A child would have kept going, until he got home!
HOME where he felt SAFE!
This guy[martin] was going to SHOW that man ...
'a thing or two'
WRONG ...
As you said:
You do NOT take 'skittles to a GUNfight!'
BTW ..
Where were his parents on that fateful night?
Why were they not keeping an eye on their "child" ...
AND making sure he was SAFE!
They had NO WORRIES!
He had WON several FIGHTS up to that date ...
So they were not worried!
He picked the WRONG person to FIGHT with THIS time!
He pushed his 'luck'...
And God showed him, WHO was most 'powerful!'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =VE-13u-NfVoXX
You do NOT mock God!
NOR pick on one of His!
This man was a 'choirboy' from 7 to 17 ...
He LEARNED from little up what was right ...
FROM
what was 'wrong'...
God took care of him.
Proverbs 22:6 Geneva Bible
22:6 Train up a child (d) in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
(d) Bring him up virtuously and he will continue so.
==========
Stick around 'spewy'...
you'll LEARN something NEW daily!
IF it can get into your THICK 'blockhead'...
Martin should have felt safe walking home ..... Except with the captain of the block watch shooting him and all.
Uncle Tab

United States

#109889 Jul 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Anthony's 'screw up' as 'you say'
WAS because of the "ineptness of the prosecution!"
They THOUGHT they had a "slam dunk" ...
WRONG ... just liKe you,'spewy'...
;~)
No, it's ignorant jurors who can't put 2 and 2 together.

Must have been republicans.

No other explanation.
Self Preservation

Elizabethtown, KY

#109890 Jul 12, 2013
I can attest to how hard blows to the head can occur without marks or broken skin.

When I was young, I was in a barn doing a chore in the loft (upstairs) when suddenly about forty 2X4's came crashing down....they hit me in the head, knocking me down.

Long story short, the emergency room doctor told my dad it was obvious several of them had struck my head. However, I only had ONE single spot where the skin was cut open and it bled only a small amount, even though the cut was fairly deep & required several stitches. I also had a very sore head for a long time which was bruised but only a few other spots had raised swelling.

I still have a raised spot in the top corner of my skull where it was stitched up! LOl, now the loons can joke about my head injury when I was a kid, haha, I do not care.

But I can get how a bad injury to the head may not "appear" to be as bad as it really is!

Thanks for the post Jay, I didn't realize DiMaio said 6 separate injuries. Interesting! To hear the prosecution tell it, he had no injury at all.
Jay

Paris, TN

#109891 Jul 12, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>

What is it about THE JURY HAS SEEN IN HIS OWN WORDS AND RE-ENACTMENT HOW THE WHOLE THING CAME DOWN. Geez, somebody has to shout at you for you to comprehend something? They have heard, in his own words, seen him in body, heard him explain and point to directions and the grounds where they ended up. Why should he have to put into words AGAIN what they have seen alread?

In fact, he has said he is willing to go on the stand, because he felt he could explain to the court in his own words whatever they wanted to ask him. He can't testify without permission, geez!
Jay

Paris, TN

#109892 Jul 12, 2013
Self Preservation wrote:
I can attest to how hard blows to the head can occur without marks or broken skin.
When I was young, I was in a barn doing a chore in the loft (upstairs) when suddenly about forty 2X4's came crashing down....they hit me in the head, knocking me down.
Long story short, the emergency room doctor told my dad it was obvious several of them had struck my head. However, I only had ONE single spot where the skin was cut open and it bled only a small amount, even though the cut was fairly deep & required several stitches. I also had a very sore head for a long time which was bruised but only a few other spots had raised swelling.
I still have a raised spot in the top corner of my skull where it was stitched up! LOl, now the loons can joke about my head injury when I was a kid, haha, I do not care.
But I can get how a bad injury to the head may not "appear" to be as bad as it really is!
Thanks for the post Jay, I didn't realize DiMaio said 6 separate injuries. Interesting! To hear the prosecution tell it, he had no injury at all.

I want someone to tell me how GZ got a broken nose, and facial abrasions, and how he got the cuts that bled on the back of his head.

I think TM had him on the side of his head with both hands over his ears in a grip like you'd hold a basketball, and lifted and lowered his head pounding it on the cement.

Ok, now you can tell me this is what is wrong with me and I am a loony toon.....but I stepped on a hard rake someone left behind the bushes. The handle came up and whacked me above my right eye in the forehead. I saw white lights and stars for about 10 minutes and had a lump like an egg. No bleeding at all. But keep in mind the forehead is the thickest part of the skull, that's why you see wrestlers use the forehead to knockout the opponent.
Self Preservation

Elizabethtown, KY

#109893 Jul 12, 2013
I see that either topix itself or someone else.....perhaps the little bitty Libobot child like adults on here.....do not like for me to award any post with a HEART, so that IF I select one, it gets changed to a SPAM.

And my other icons are being REPLACED with other selections rather than what I picked.......Hmmmmmmm......... .

Wouldn't that be blatant DISCRIMINATION and Bias BIGOTRY? To allow "some" to select Jude-It's of their choosing but not others?

Very interesting. And once again, very telling and child-like.

You good guys may just assume from now on I would be giving you ALL agrees and hearts to whatever you've said. Because I'm not playing this childish game.

I certainly hope Topix is ok with this crap.

Since: Dec 11

#109894 Jul 12, 2013
From the judges instructions to the jury:
"If in your consideration of the issue of self-defense you have a reasonable doubt on the question of whether George Zimmerman was justified in the use of deadly force, you should find George Zimmerman not guilty."

Those two words I mentioned before, reasonable doubt'...Z may walk away, but the court of "public opinion found him guilty before the trial!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 38 min Pagan Baby 133,322
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 3 hr Princess Hey 496
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 3 hr Princess Hey 3,654
Looking to buy a used pepsi vending machine (Apr '11) 3 hr Tylequious Jackson 11
Amy and Mike 4 hr haha 2
New WET vote petition started today in barbourv... 4 hr 3yes votes 20
Robert Wyatt Darren west Scotty Powell 5 hr Curious 10
School System 6 hr Wondering 10
dinky phipps 7 hr literally 29
Hampton Funeral Home Question? 9 hr MeMe 9
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance