'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 222648 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Since: Dec 11

#109584 Jul 11, 2013
Enigma wrote:
<quoted text>So you really are too dense to get it that my response there was to you insisting I answer you because you wanted it answered faster than I responded? Ok then. LMAO
Let me put it this way: If I were looking to see what direction you went in for a dispatcher because shed asked me to, and I was interested myself in what you were doing due to all the burglaries in my neighborhood & break-ins, & I saw you go around a building & so then I started returning to my car or even the sidewalk where I began, and then suddenly you got in my face threatening me & then punched me in the nose, and we ended up on the ground with you on top of me and my head in your hands being slammed into cement, & I was a solutely scared to death afraid you might kill me ..... Well, I am not sure what Id do exactly.
I do not think anyone can possibly know unless they find themselves in that exact situation what they might do or not do.
But I CAN tell you this-- according to the law, IF I truly am in fear of just "bodily harm only" which has already occurred and/ or I am fearing for my own life being over.... Then I would absolutely unequivocally be well within my rights as a human being to defend myself with whatever force I myself deemed necessary, even if that force meant I had no other choice but to shoot you dead.
All because I would want to survive. And I have a God given right to my own life. And to protect my life.
Hope that answers your question.
When the SHTF; you never know what's going to happen, do they want to play "patty cake" or produce a weapon to kill you! I prepare for the worst, and if nothing happens, I'm not disappointed.:)
OZombies

Mesa, AZ

#109585 Jul 11, 2013
http://www.stltoday.com/news/national/classif...

Classified NSA Slide Reveales Additional Eavesdropping Method
Uncle Tab

United States

#109586 Jul 11, 2013
Enigma wrote:
<quoted text>That would be pure speculation unless of course you can show e witness to this supposed "being chased down" scenario of yours.
If one goes by what your saying, then all the honest, caring, good people who've chased down some criminal for stealing some ladies purse & then got in a fight when the criminal turned on them and assaulted the good guy , causing the good guy to protect his very life by shooting the criminal-- must therefore (by your logic) deserve to go to jail just because he had the audacity to follow the perpetrator.
I guess you'd think that good guy had no right to defend himself either.
You really haven't paid attention to any if this have you?

He's out of breath on the 911 call.

Please try to keep up here. If you don't know about what's going on here you're wasting time with having every small detail explained to you.

It's not speculation! Zimmerman admitting he was behind him. Remember the 911 dispatcher saying he didn't need to do that??
Strike 1

And again... Please get the facts, Martin isn't a criminal for walking home. Again.... Pay attention to facts. Saying he's a criminal is speculation. Strike 2

The good guy who had a gun against a teenager with Skittles.
Strike 3

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#109587 Jul 11, 2013
Enigma wrote:
<quoted text>Cool! Do you like E-town ok?
Love it! Lived there years ago. It has certainly changed. The baseball complex there is one of the best I have ever seen and I have seen a lot!
Uncle Tab

United States

#109588 Jul 11, 2013
Enigma wrote:
<quoted text>i don't know IF he profiled or not. He most likely was answering the question the operator asked him. How would you have him answer her queries? With no specific info? So the police would not know who to look out for ? NUTS!!
I guess now no one had better not tell the cops or dispatch the one who commits a crime is white either, orchinese or Hispanic in appearance.
Sounds good to me, the cops should have to figure out for themselves who their looking for and decipher for themselves from nothing what the perp looks like. That way they can equally harass everyone who happens to be available! snickering.:-)
Do you yourself call what you surmise logic?
He said he was a black guy walking and looking suspicious.... Yes, that IS profiling.

Again, I guess you missed the facts, DON'T get out of car, DON'T follow, DON'T engage. He's NOT the police. That's their job.

But twist it any way you like to fit what you want it to be.

Zimmerman did.:-)
Uncle Tab

United States

#109589 Jul 11, 2013
Enigma wrote:
<quoted text>So you really are too dense to get it that my response there was to you insisting I answer you because you wanted it answered faster than I responded? Ok then. LMAO
Let me put it this way: If I were looking to see what direction you went in for a dispatcher because shed asked me to, and I was interested myself in what you were doing due to all the burglaries in my neighborhood & break-ins, & I saw you go around a building & so then I started returning to my car or even the sidewalk where I began, and then suddenly you got in my face threatening me & then punched me in the nose, and we ended up on the ground with you on top of me and my head in your hands being slammed into cement, & I was a solutely scared to death afraid you might kill me ..... Well, I am not sure what Id do exactly.
I do not think anyone can possibly know unless they find themselves in that exact situation what they might do or not do.
But I CAN tell you this-- according to the law, IF I truly am in fear of just "bodily harm only" which has already occurred and/ or I am fearing for my own life being over.... Then I would absolutely unequivocally be well within my rights as a human being to defend myself with whatever force I myself deemed necessary, even if that force meant I had no other choice but to shoot you dead.
All because I would want to survive. And I have a God given right to my own life. And to protect my life.
Hope that answers your question.
(Same thing happened to Syl the other night, she felt as foolish as you did and said she understood as well heh)

I see...... You can use speculation, but I can't.

That's a great way to have a debate isn't it?

Guess you can't lose that way can ya?

LOL

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#109590 Jul 11, 2013
OZombies wrote:
http://www.stltoday.com/news/n ational/classified-nsa-slide-r eveals-additional-eavesdroppin g-method/article_84491981-15e0 -5c76-b7ca-2a1266865d30.html
Told you months ago Obama could see you on your computer and you didn't believe me. Told you !@!!!!!! He's watching you right now !!!!!!!!!! Throw that thing out in the yard and lock yourself in the house before it's too late !!!!
Self Preservation

Elizabethtown, KY

#109591 Jul 11, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
When the SHTF; you never know what's going to happen, do they want to play "patty cake" or produce a weapon to kill you! I prepare for the worst, and if nothing happens, I'm not disappointed.:)
How on target and correct you are ARI. We never know what is going to happen! None of us.

And the main reason none of us can honestly say what we might do in the same situation, is because we would would have to "be" in that exact situation to know what we might do in split seconds of time!

Ya know, one of the questions that is asked of new potential cadets is, "do you think you could shoot/kill someone" and as we've seen numerous times, usually the hot heads and the not so stable will answer that question in the affirmative. Yes, they could shoot and/or kill. Which is a big RED flag to interviewers.

Of course we all like to think we KNOW what we would be capable of doing, however, the deal is.....no one, not even seasoned officers can possibly know what they will be able to do UNTIL the time comes when one has to act. Officers who have shown great valor and courage have been known to "freeze-up" when the chit hits the fan (as you say ARI) and no amount of training or practice can prepare any person for the unfortunate situation of being compelled to take a life. When it comes down to it---no one truly WANTS to have to do that. IF that is, they have an ounce of humanity in them.

Seeing George and hearing George and taking in his demeanor, which seems to me to be quiet shy and subdued,(a type of person who avoids when possible), I do not believe for a minute he ever had a desire to cause physical harm or death to anyone. I do not believe he would have ever drawn his weapon and fired unless he believed in that moment, he had no other choice. And, I'd be willing to bet he was as stunned by what he had done as anyone else was.

It is easy for us to forget how all of this happened in rapid fire time, with no recourse of having time to "consider" ones options or the consequences thereof.

Heaven forbid any of us end up in those same or similar consequences, because if not for the Grace of God.......that could BE us.
deleted

Russell Springs, KY

#109592 Jul 11, 2013
Topix suck

Location hidden

#109593 Jul 11, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
How far would Martin have to have walk/ran to satisfy you that Zimmerman (for the simple fact pursuing someone is aggression) was the threat and not Martin?
How long can Zimmerman pursue Martin?
When does Martin have the right to self defense?
How long should Zimmerman be allowed to chase someone where Zimmerman is considered the threat?
He can chase him into a home?? Why not if he's suspicious?
Zimmerman admitted he followed Mr. Martin. Was he 10 ft. behind him? 100 yds. behind him? Zimmerman also said he lost Martin and was headed back to his vehicle. Is this true? I don't know. I wasn't there. There is no evidence it isn't true. It is not illegal to follow someone.

Martin wasn't that far from where he was visiting. Why didn't he just run there and call the police?

I believe Mr. Zimmerman's main goal was to keep him in sight so he could tell the police where he was.

Location hidden

#109594 Jul 11, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
btw... That IS profiling..... Watching or following someone because they are black.
You do remember that he told 911 dispatch that a suspicious black person was walking thru the complex. You do remember that don't you??
Had a hoodie on in the rain at night. HAD to really be paying attention. He wasn't close to him. He was following him.
Alabama? Maybe Tennessee's better??
How far?
Mr. Zimmerman did not say that. He was asked by the 911 dispatcher if the man was black, white or Hispanic. Zimmerman stated "he looks black". He never said a word about race until he was asked.

Since: Jul 13

Danville, KY

#109595 Jul 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Hey Ari :)
LOVE your avatar
:D
OZombies

Mesa, AZ

#109596 Jul 11, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Told you months ago Obama could see you on your computer and you didn't believe me. Told you !@!!!!!! He's watching you right now !!!!!!!!!! Throw that thing out in the yard and lock yourself in the house before it's too late !!!!
Hahaha...you're funny...NOT!!
Self Preservation

Elizabethtown, KY

#109597 Jul 11, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
He said he was a black guy walking and looking suspicious.... Yes, that IS profiling.
Again, I guess you missed the facts, DON'T get out of car, DON'T follow, DON'T engage. He's NOT the police. That's their job.
But twist it any way you like to fit what you want it to be.
Zimmerman did.:-)
Ok, I give up answering to you. Now, your claiming the dispatcher said crap she did not say at all.

I'm done talking to you. For the now.
Self Preservation

Elizabethtown, KY

#109598 Jul 11, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
(Same thing happened to Syl the other night, she felt as foolish as you did and said she understood as well heh)
I see...... You can use speculation, but I can't.
That's a great way to have a debate isn't it?
Guess you can't lose that way can ya?
LOL
Show me baby, exactly where I used speculation, rather than where I said I was going touse your style of "assumptions", ok?
Self Preservation

Elizabethtown, KY

#109599 Jul 11, 2013
Bty the way, UT, as I said the other day, youdo not know the definition of debate.

Since: Jul 13

Danville, KY

#109600 Jul 11, 2013
OZombies wrote:
http://www.stltoday.com/news/n ational/classified-nsa-slide-r eveals-additional-eavesdroppin g-method/article_84491981-15e0 -5c76-b7ca-2a1266865d30.html
Hi Z! <3
How are ya?
Been wondering about you and your 'jury duty'...

BTW ... It's AL :)
In case you had not seen the 'mess'...
Uncle Tab

United States

#109601 Jul 11, 2013
<quoted text>
If you have raised them right; they see cops as "good guys" if you did not they will see them as "Po Po" and "5-0". When Your kids do drugs and throw Gang Signs you might want to nip that in the bud!
If They get caught at school with wedding bands and diamond earrings that do not belong to them...and school PD covers it up it's all FUBAR!
He only had to walk to the closet house/apartment/condo and say "Please call the Police a man is following me!", T jumped the guppy...and it had shark teeth! The media made this a show, and Obama played special guest. I do feel sad for T's family, no matter what he did/didn't do he was a son and a brother.
I agree about how a kid is raised. But you and I both know not not all kids are raised the same. An ass whoopin in the country is much more feared than an ass whoopin when you live in the city. True of false?
It's not an excuse it's a fact.
I don't know why he didn't go home, call 911, or any of that. Why do you think he had the time to do that? The actual attack was only 40 seconds? The whole thing lasted I think 2 minutes?
And using your thoughts with the 5.0 PoPo (again agree) and being raised that way, he may have a different mindset with a stranger with police? Who knows? The kid smoked pot, and I guess he did cough syrup. But nothing about toxicology reports....
I understand he wasn't the perfect kid, but why automatically assume the he was the aggressor when no one knows?
If you can honesty say that you're ok with a stranger comes up to your kid at night and not identify himself and doesn't say anything and keeps following your kid..... You're ok with your kid standing there and doing nothing in the dark? If your kid feels nervous and runs and gets chased does he/she not have the right to protect them self? And no doubling back BS. No one saw anyone double back. He's changes his story and isn't 100% credible. That's out the window.
You all will deny this, you can say its not true as much as you want, if Martin was the block watch captain and did this it would be SO opposite of how you think now.

United States

#109602 Jul 11, 2013
"God grant that not only the love of liberty, but a thorough knowledge of the rights of man, may pervade all the nations of the Earth, so that a philosopher may set his foot anywhere on its surface, and say,'This is my Country'"
- Benjamin Franklin
Uncle Tab

United States

#109604 Jul 11, 2013
Self Preservation wrote:
Bty the way, UT, as I said the other day, youdo not know the definition of debate.
I'm answering here even tho you were done with me.

BiPolar much?

:-D debates aren't for the weak (minded) hearted, that's probably why you're frustrated. When you only accept what you're told to think and repeat it, it's not debate.

Now on to the rest of your post to me that you're so interested in..... You're speculating about Martin doubling back and confronting Zimmerman. Zimmerman SAID that happened but you don't know that. I don't know that he didn't. The facts are, and as You know having past time as a juror, if the person on trial hasn't been honest, he can't be trusted. There is no proof he doubled back so you HAVE to question it. And make up your mind with what evidence is presented.

Where in the evidence is the proof that Martin doubled back aside from what Zimmerman stated?

NO speculation, PROOF!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pam bargo removes post very quick ! 12 min wow 7
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 20 min Reason 148,111
29 people arrested in Knox County this Friday a... 45 min Quantummist 24
b ville grill is a awesome place to eat! (Apr '14) 57 min Omg 7
Jennifer Jordan 1 hr Just me 8
Speeding Ticket 2 hr Quantummist 41
Hunter Brown 2 hr Truth hurts 6
Next board member? 17 hr Apathetictickler 18
Board Meeting 21 hr please pineville 53
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages