'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
Enigma

Elizabethtown, KY

#109303 Jul 10, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey E!
Glad to see you back :)
I'm so disappointed and angry right now AL, I can hardly think or type, LOL!

I have to drive back to South Florida (south of Miami) within the next week or so and I have to say, I am not looking forward to my trip down. The Miami area is bad enough without all this extra stirred up Phony injustice crap being encouraged by our in-justice dept.

It is abundantly clear to me that the state has NOT proved it's case at all. In fact they basically proved they had no reason to bring charges in the first place. And IF this jury due to fear or threat or being paid off somehow find any charge against Zimmerman, I do think you can expect major rioting but not from the black community.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#109304 Jul 10, 2013
The Retreat at Twin Lakes is a 260-unit gated townhome community in Sanford, Florida.[84][85] The population in the development at the time of the shooting, was about 49% non-Hispanic white, 23% Hispanic(of any race), 20% black, and 5% Asian, according to Census figures.[72] Both George Zimmerman and Tracy Martin's fiancee were renting homes in the development when the shooting occurred.[45] At the time of the shooting, Martin had been staying with his father's fiancee at The Retreat.[86]

From January 1, 2011 through February 26, 2012, police were called to The Retreat at Twin Lakes 402 times.[72] During the 18 months preceding the February 26 shooting, Zimmerman called the non-emergency police line seven times. On five of those calls, Zimmerman reported suspicious looking men in the area, but never offered the men's race without first being asked by the dispatcher.[87][88][89] Crimes committed at The Retreat in the year prior to Martin's death included eight burglaries, nine thefts, and one shooting.[90] Twin Lakes residents said there were dozens of reports of attempted break-ins, which had created an atmosphere of fear in their neighborhood.[64]

In September 2011, the Twin Lakes residents held an organizational meeting to create a neighborhood watch program. Zimmerman was selected by neighbors as the program's coordinator, according to Wendy Dorival, Neighborhood Watch organizer for the Sanford Police Department.[6][6][

Zimmerman had been licensed to carry a firearm since November 2009. In response to Zimmerman's multiple reports regarding a loose pit bull in the Twin Lakes neighborhood, a Seminole County Animal Services officer advised Zimmerman to "get a gun", according to a friend, rather than rely on pepper spray to fend off the pit bull, which on one occasion had cornered his wife.[64] Although neighborhood watch volunteers are not encouraged to carry weapons, Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee acknowledged that Zimmerman had a legal right to carry his firearm on the night of the shooting.[7

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Tray ...

“I was born a poor, black child”

Since: Jan 07

that weren't no easy thing

#109305 Jul 10, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>A young Black man died. That is horrible. Young Black men die at the hands of other Black men every day in our country and it's not a big media blitz. President Obama never speaks of those tragedies. People don't have big marches demanding justice for those thousands of lives that ended in tragedy. Why not? Are they not as important to Obama and his media? The democrats never let the truth get in their way to forward their agenda. If they can get stupid people on their side who don't care about the truth either...that's job security for the democrats. Congratulations on your induction to the ObaMORONS Club. Hmmm...
President Obama had what exactly to do with the hoodie marches? My child was raped once, no one marched about that either. National attention happens when parents and attorneys arrange it, sometimes it's for publicity, sometimes it's to demand justice.
Any more brain busters?
Enigma

Elizabethtown, KY

#109307 Jul 10, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Sooo...with there not being any doubt that ZM initiated the eventual contact between the 2 by getting out of the car and following TM....who do you think should be held more accountable for their actions....a 29yr old MAN that was told by authorities not to get out the car more than once....or a 17yr old KID who even GZ said he had not seen do anything wrong?
As i understand it, Zimmerman wa headed back to his car, only a few feet from it when Trademark Martin punched him, starting the knock down and subsequent shooting. Therefore that would make it the fault of Martin.

However, it does not matter who started it, all that matters is IF Zimmerman feared for bodily harm being done to him or feared of death......obviously he did and justifiably so!!

Only a moron idiot would not be able to get it that being knocked to ground, having head bashed and nose broken would give anyone reason to fear bodily harm or death!
Enigma

Elizabethtown, KY

#109309 Jul 10, 2013
Furthermore, anyone has a right to get out of their car. I don't think anyone would say someone was at fault for getting raped because they got out of their car. Or should have been robbed because they got out of their car.

Or for that matter, no one would think they should have their nose broken and head bashed just because they got out of their car.

BECAUSE that would be NUTSO lunatic thinking.

“Hot C can't explain it...”

Since: Apr 13

...but he'll hold your hand

#109310 Jul 10, 2013
Enigma wrote:
Furthermore, anyone has a right to get out of their car. I don't think anyone would say someone was at fault for getting raped because they got out of their car. Or should have been robbed because they got out of their car.
Or for that matter, no one would think they should have their nose broken and head bashed just because they got out of their car.
what about someone walking through the neighbor where they lived?

Location hidden

#109311 Jul 10, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no way they could screw him up if he's been honest. No matter what anyone says..... Answering everything honestly and there's no problem what so ever. How could there be anything happen??
And no one has told me yet how Martin is wrong for going to the store and back.
I must have broken the law a million times in my life of going to the store is wrong.
That one still makes me laugh and is a HUGE grasp trying to put a reason to be shot and make Zimmerman innocent. Really? Cause he went to the store and avoided some crazy dude following/chasing him, he's wrong?
Sad day in our country that some people think tat way.
Times haven't changed much since the 50's and 60's with that train of thought.
In the vast majority of criminal cases, the defense attorney advises his client NOT to testify. This is especially true in this situation as the jury saw the video of Mr. Zimmerman at the scene and his interview with Sean Hannity. Mr. Zimmerman had already explained what occurred in each of those. Do you believe he should NOT take his own attorney's advice.

There is also no reason to believe Mr. Zimmerman had any idea Mr. Martin was a teenager. It was dark, raining, and Mr. Martin had a hood on. He was at least 5'11" and it would be very difficult to determine someone's age under those circumstances.

#109312 Jul 10, 2013
Enigma wrote:
<quoted text>As i understand it, Zimmerman wa headed back to his car, only a few feet from it when Trademark Martin punched him, starting the knock down and subsequent shooting. Therefore that would make it the fault of Martin.
However, it does not matter who started it, all that matters is IF Zimmerman feared for bodily harm being done to him or feared of death......obviously he did and justifiably so!!
Only a moron idiot would not be able to get it that being knocked to ground, having head bashed and nose broken would give anyone reason to fear bodily harm or death!
If I were mugging a man and the knocked me down, broke my nose and bashed my head onto a sidewalk, would i be justified in shooting him in the chest?

what if I were stalking him through a dark neighborhood?

what if he had the impression that I meant him grave bodily harm?
Enigma

Elizabethtown, KY

#109313 Jul 10, 2013
Oblamea is as much responsible or this fiasco as the other crazy loons. I wonder if the investigation (sarcasm) regarding all the money used to pay for these trained protestors by the Justice Dept. will wind it's way all the way to the WH?

Maybe the DOJ will investigate itself just like the IRS. Our country is screwed for everyone of either party and those who blindly follow like sheep better see this crap for what it is and how it can and will affect them down the road.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#109314 Jul 10, 2013
Enigma wrote:
""""" I don't think anyone would say someone was at fault for getting raped because they got out of their car."""" """"" """"" """"" "
That would depend upon if the person was running down a man to rape her.

#109315 Jul 10, 2013
Enigma wrote:
Oblamea is as much responsible or this fiasco as the other crazy loons. I wonder if the investigation (sarcasm) regarding all the money used to pay for these trained protestors by the Justice Dept. will wind it's way all the way to the WH?
Maybe the DOJ will investigate itself just like the IRS. Our country is screwed for everyone of either party and those who blindly follow like sheep better see this crap for what it is and how it can and will affect them down the road.
the only thing enigmatic about you is how far up your ass you put your head, without hydraulics.
Enigma

Elizabethtown, KY

#109316 Jul 10, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
In the vast majority of criminal cases, the defense attorney advises his client NOT to testify. This is especially true in this situation as the jury saw the video of Mr. Zimmerman at the scene and his interview with Sean Hannity. Mr. Zimmerman had already explained what occurred in each of those. Do you believe he should NOT take his own attorney's advice.
There is also no reason to believe Mr. Zimmerman had any idea Mr. Martin was a teenager. It was dark, raining, and Mr. Martin had a hood on. He was at least 5'11" and it would be very difficult to determine someone's age under those circumstances.
This is true. Most people do not testify at all. It is not at all unusual or uncommon. Just the way it is. In fact, in my experience usually the ones who testify are guilty and think that no one is smarter than they are or able to see the deception.

Oh, and since the other day when someone said they thought Zimmermans head got hit on the ground and not concrete, I saw where it was evidently concrete. Just clarifying here.
countrygirl

Greenville, KY

#109317 Jul 10, 2013
Syl wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you think so.I meant it to be funny.Glad you enjoyed it.
By the way, I was wondering about something and I want to talk to you about it. "Uncle Tab" sounds so muscular sounding, yet your post's are so "girlie sounding" in all your comments. Men don't normally talk as much as you do or the way you do. It's so feminine sounding, you know ,all the bitching and all.
I was wondering,is everything all right, "down there" I mean, or is just all in your head that's all messed up?
you so sylly.

Location hidden

#109318 Jul 10, 2013
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
what about someone walking through the neighbor where they lived?
Mr. Martin did not live there. He was with his father who was visiting his girlfriend who lived there.

#109319 Jul 10, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
In the vast majority of criminal cases, the defense attorney advises his client NOT to testify. Because the attorney knows his client did it. Testifying means you swear to tell the truth. How can an attorney allow his client to perjure himself?
A defendant that does not testify is guilty!

#109320 Jul 10, 2013
Enigma wrote:
<quoted text>This is true. Most people do not testify at all. It is not at all unusual or uncommon. Just the way it is. In fact, in my experience usually the ones who testify are guilty and think that no one is smarter than they are or able to see the deception.
Oh, and since the other day when someone said they thought Zimmermans head got hit on the ground and not concrete, I saw where it was evidently concrete. Just clarifying here.
your experience? lololol

#109321 Jul 10, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Martin did not live there. He was with his father who was visiting his girlfriend who lived there.
he was staying with his father and his father's girlfriend. he was sleeping there, therefore, he was on his way home. Don't play semantics with me, Honey.
Enigma

Elizabethtown, KY

#109322 Jul 10, 2013
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
If I were mugging a man and the knocked me down, broke my nose and bashed my head onto a sidewalk, would i be justified in shooting him in the chest?
what if I were stalking him through a dark neighborhood?
what if he had the impression that I meant him grave bodily harm?
IF you were mugging me and then you knocked me down, You have already shown me you intend to cause "bodily harm or death",so yes I would be justified in shooting you to save myself. Whether I shot you in the chest, the gut, in your mouth or in your big toe does NOT matter.....I would be justified just the same, in defending myself! It's the law.

Would not matter if it were dark or broad daylight. Again all that matters is: AM I in fear of bodily harm or death.
You would not even have to touch me....IF I am in fear from my life due to what you've said or something you've done regarding me personally, then yes I can shoot you.

For example if you used only words and you said:" I am going to bash your your face in" and I believed my life to be in danger and/or that you had made it clear to me you intended to harm me...then I would be justified in defending myself.

I do NOT have to give up my right to life because you'd like to hurt me or possibly kill me. I have a right to my own life.
Uncle Tab

United States

#109323 Jul 10, 2013
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you follow your attorney`s advice? Yes, you can answer honestly and still get twisted on the way attorneys are trained to do.
No one yet has said Martin was wrong for going anywhere as far as I know. The thing that was said, was he had no smarts and was wrong to jump Zimmerman regardless of that stupid persons following. That is what has been said he did wrong, and both people should have been talking rather than fighting when the police arrived. Don`t make something not said into something else.
You said both made mistakes earlier.

And you're missing the point entirely..... You're ok with a strange person approaching your 17 year old kid without knowing who that person is? THAT should have never happened. And that being said its then a mistake for Martin to stand his ground??

Makes no sense either way you explain it.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#109324 Jul 10, 2013
Enigma wrote:
<quoted text>I'm so disappointed and angry right now AL, I can hardly think or type, LOL!
I have to drive back to South Florida (south of Miami) within the next week or so and I have to say, I am not looking forward to my trip down. The Miami area is bad enough without all this extra stirred up Phony injustice crap being encouraged by our in-justice dept.
It is abundantly clear to me that the state has NOT proved it's case at all. In fact they basically proved they had no reason to bring charges in the first place. And IF this jury due to fear or threat or being paid off somehow find any charge against Zimmerman, I do think you can expect major rioting but not from the black community.
I 'feel' for you (((Hugs)))

It's gonna be a hard next few weeks in my opinion.
I agree on the black community if he is found guilty.
People are ANGRY over this political farce, including ME!

Could be the START of a 'civil war'...
Yes, I agree 0 is wanting to RULE 'martial law' for sure ...
Might happen, but he won't 'stay' in power. imo

All these 'scandals' and such, have people 'fired up'...
It's not going to be pretty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 38 min Yes and Amen 133,424
Brett 1 hr gator 51
WET vote supported by Artemus church deacon 1 hr gator 6
blue dodge caravan 1 hr Mdd 3
girl died 10 hr Say Cheeze 5
Silverscreen Tanning - Ringworm 10 hr Info 2
Looking for Wendy Walker high school friend 11 hr High school friend 1
Romeo's Italian Resturant 13 hr City worker 12
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Jan 29 marsh 55
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search