'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 253581 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Enigma

Bolivar, MO

#109348 Jul 10, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Who saw that happen? No one. You're going by what Zimmerman said. It's impossible to you that Zimmerman was the aggressor? That being the case, Martin defends himself.
Only 2 ppl were involved. No one saw the first punch. So you can't assume that Martin threw it or that Zimmerman was walking back to his truck. No one saw it. Zimmerman said it. Zimmerman changed his story a few times. You can't deny it.
Credibility is shot.
Well then, if what you say is true ....then you cannot say either. That would make it all speculation.

But you forget, Zimmerman was on phone with the operator at 911 while he was walking.THAT is recorded. The operator said they didn't even know zimmerman was in an auto.
So it would seem logical since he was on the phone while doing this that it DID actually occur.
Jay

Springville, TN

#109349 Jul 10, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep ignoring the point here and spinning like crazy..... When did Zimmerman identify himself to Martin. Google it and let me know. Do you know the answer to this question?! And yes, it matters.
No I do not know if or when GZ identified himself to Martin, and neither do you. Right now during this trial, we don't even know if this question is being asked do we? I do not watch this scenario every minute of the day, perhaps it's been brought up. I'm not spinning anything UT, all I'm doing is presenting issues and could-have-beens!

You on the other hand, who does not have all the answers either, have convicted GZ, tried and sentenced him because you keep repeating the same thing over and over...."he was kid, he was walking, he didn't do anything wrong, he had a right to go to the store", yatta, yatta yatta. But he also doubled back and attacked GZ knocking him down. If someone knocked your ass on the ground, would you not be in a fighting mood? Or would you lay there and cry, "don't hit me, please!" If you are any kind of man you would fight back. That's what GZ did from the way this is playing out.

Ever seen a bar fight?

Ever been in one?
Enigma

Bolivar, MO

#109350 Jul 10, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Who saw that happen? No one. You're going by what Zimmerman said. It's impossible to you that Zimmerman was the aggressor? That being the case, Martin defends himself.
Only 2 ppl were involved. No one saw the first punch. So you can't assume that Martin threw it or that Zimmerman was walking back to his truck. No one saw it. Zimmerman said it. Zimmerman changed his story a few times. You can't deny it.
Credibility is shot.
Show me EXACTLY where George changed his story. From eerything I have heard and seen NO his story never changed not ever.

And again, it does not matter who threw the first punch at all. What matters....the ONLY thing that matters is....Was George afraid of bodily harm or death?

I saw the state cannot and has not proved George was NOT afraid. Clearly any person would be afraid after having their nose broken and head beat on ground. Which is really beside the point....the POINT is....ONLY....Was George is Danger of bodily harm or death?

Oh and Martin was not the kid you say he is. If he were a kid the he should have had an adult accompaining him on his walk. He was old enough to be on his own going to store and walking in the dark of night. Old enough to be a hot head too.
Enigma

Bolivar, MO

#109351 Jul 10, 2013
treebeard wrote:
<quoted text>
Wowsers. You're really out there, aren't ya?
1. The operator would NEVER tell you to get out of the car to ascertain the location of a suspect.
2. If for some bazaar reason he or she did ask you to do so, then he or she would be at fault and likely lose their job, giving you a clear path for a lawsuit.
3. The only way you can be responsible for your own rape is if you solicited it and/or paid for it, which would then make it willful, and would no longer constitute rape.
Operator said they did not even know he was in a car as conversation began or that he exited car during conversation.
And I agree that person should lose their job.

So then IF that's the only way I could be responsible for my rape, "soliciting it, or paid for it" as you say then explain why its different in this case.
Uncle Tab

United States

#109352 Jul 10, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Miscommunication was Martins FIRST mistake!
Aggressiveness his SECOND ...
I understand why kids get in do much trouble nowadays with parents like some of you here.

Some strange person is following someone's kid at night, armed no less, the kid tries to get away from the stranger and you insane people think a kid should go to the strange person following them and just tell them their name and where they live?

You all are horrible parents!! None of you should be parents. Worthless and putting your kids in danger telling to go identify themselves and tell the stranger where they live.

Probably the most insane thing I've heard you crackpots say.

Doing a disservice to your kids.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#109353 Jul 10, 2013
treebeard wrote:
<quoted text>
Wowsers. You're really out there, aren't ya?
1. The operator would NEVER tell you to get out of the car to ascertain the location of a suspect.
2. If for some bazaar reason he or she did ask you to do so, then he or she would be at fault and likely lose their job, giving you a clear path for a lawsuit.
3. The only way you can be responsible for your own rape is if you solicited it and/or paid for it, which would then make it willful, and would no longer constitute rape.
It is NOT against the law to get out of your car and look for someone! Especially IF you are neighborhood WATCH and suspect someone is "up to no good" ... After a LOT of burglaries in YOUR neighborhood, and being on the phone with dispatch!

A Transcript of the George Zimmerman Police Call
Dispatcher

Just let me know if he does anything, ok? <<<---<<<

Zimmerman

(unclear) See if you can get an officer over here.

Dispatcher

Yeah we've got someone on the way, just let me know if this guy does anything else. <<--<<<

http://bizsecurity.about.com/od/creatingpolic...

George WAS letting them know ... step by step!
THEN ... he got "sucker punched" ...
From out of nowhere!
THIS THUG had doubled back and sneaked up on Z-Man!

And you think this CHILD/THUG is innocent ...???

ha ha ha ...
Uncle Tab

United States

#109354 Jul 10, 2013
Enigma wrote:
<quoted text>When did Martin identify himself??
Doesn't matter whether anyone identified himself or not. It is irrelevant. Does NOT matter one single bit.
Guess you missed the block watch rule rundown.

The part where no gun is to be carries, and he was always to identify himself, plus the part about leaving his car.

So he wasn't a block watch volenteer, he then turned into a hunter.

Wasnt going what he was supposed to be doing.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#109355 Jul 10, 2013
On THIS one in yellow, is WHERE you see the BS!
After he was told to "let them KNOW IF he did anything ELSE!"

http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/326700...

Contradictory at BEST!

He does NOT have to follow those orders from a dispatcher! That was NOT LE telling him that!

JUST a dispatcher!
Someone who answers phones for a living.

I do hate it that someone died, BUT you guys are WANTING to take away someone else's NORMAL life!
Along with their families!

There's BEEN enuf "suffering" ...
LET THIS END!

“I was born a poor, black child”

Since: Jan 07

that weren't no easy thing

#109356 Jul 10, 2013
Enigma wrote:
<quoted text>Operator said they did not even know he was in a car as conversation began or that he exited car during conversation.
And I agree that person should lose their job.
So then IF that's the only way I could be responsible for my rape, "soliciting it, or paid for it" as you say then explain why its different in this case.
"Dispatcher: What address are you PARKED in front of?"

"Dispatcher: Are you following him?
Zimmerman: Yeah.
Dispatcher: Okay, we don't need you to do that."

“I was born a poor, black child”

Since: Jan 07

that weren't no easy thing

#109357 Jul 10, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
It is NOT against the law to get out of your car and look for someone! Especially IF you are neighborhood WATCH and suspect someone is "up to no good" ... After a LOT of burglaries in YOUR neighborhood, and being on the phone with dispatch!
Dispatcher
Zimmerman
Dispatcher
Yeah we've got someone on the way, just let me know if this guy does anything else. <<--<<<
From out of nowhere!
ha ha ha ...
once more.....

Uncle Tab

United States

#109358 Jul 10, 2013
Enigma wrote:
<quoted text>Show me EXACTLY where George changed his story. From eerything I have heard and seen NO his story never changed not ever.
And again, it does not matter who threw the first punch at all. What matters....the ONLY thing that matters is....Was George afraid of bodily harm or death?
I saw the state cannot and has not proved George was NOT afraid. Clearly any person would be afraid after having their nose broken and head beat on ground. Which is really beside the point....the POINT is....ONLY....Was George is Danger of bodily harm or death?
Oh and Martin was not the kid you say he is. If he were a kid the he should have had an adult accompaining him on his walk. He was old enough to be on his own going to store and walking in the dark of night. Old enough to be a hot head too.
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-06-2...

Gotcha.... Martin doesn't deserve that same right.

I'm crystal clear on how you work.

Hope you don't have kids.
Uncle Tab

United States

#109359 Jul 10, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
No I do not know if or when GZ identified himself to Martin, and neither do you. Right now during this trial, we don't even know if this question is being asked do we? I do not watch this scenario every minute of the day, perhaps it's been brought up. I'm not spinning anything UT, all I'm doing is presenting issues and could-have-beens!
You on the other hand, who does not have all the answers either, have convicted GZ, tried and sentenced him because you keep repeating the same thing over and over...."he was kid, he was walking, he didn't do anything wrong, he had a right to go to the store", yatta, yatta yatta. But he also doubled back and attacked GZ knocking him down. If someone knocked your ass on the ground, would you not be in a fighting mood? Or would you lay there and cry, "don't hit me, please!" If you are any kind of man you would fight back. That's what GZ did from the way this is playing out.
Ever seen a bar fight?
Ever been in one?
Please provide the link from someone besides Zimmerman who said Martin doubled back after Zimmerman.

You can't. But you are positive it happened? I'm not sure that happened. How can you be. And common sense tells you everything I'm reappearing NYE was a kid bcouodnhe vote! Drink? Go to war? Buy a car? But a pack of cigarettes??

You go on and on about a kid attacking Zimmerman..... You've never considered it was the other way around.

And you're also ok with your kids going tons strange person and tell then their name and address? That's spooky and very poor parenting.
Enigma

Bolivar, MO

#109360 Jul 10, 2013
These nuts on tv are saying they would find him guilty simply because he had a gun on his person.

You want these same people on your jury when you defend yourself with your hair barrette that's sharp or some other object that's not a gun. LOL!! They should find you innocent all because you do not have a gun.

It just doesn't get any stupider or crazy than these lunatic no sense morons.

According to what most of the crazies think, then all of us should just lay down and allow some deranged person to do whatever they like to us without defending ourself at all.

One person even said well, George should have scratched more......I kid you not! Yep, scratching will now prevent you from becoming dead as your head gets bashed into the cement!

You cannot make this stoopid ignorant stuff up.
Uncle Tab

United States

#109362 Jul 10, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Dispatcher
Zimmerman
Dispatcher
From out of nowhere!
ha ha ha ...
Block watch is not to get out of car or follow anyone... Hence block WATCH. also not allowed to carry guns. Finally, has to identify themselves.

He broke every rule.

Doubled back?:-D who said so? The one who killed the only witness?

Wrong wrong wrong.

You sank yourself on this one.
Uncle Tab

United States

#109363 Jul 10, 2013
Prosecution sure pointed out how Zimmerman got to the gun as Martin was backing away.

:-) that matters
Enigma

Bolivar, MO

#109364 Jul 10, 2013
treebeard wrote:
<quoted text>
"Dispatcher: What address are you PARKED in front of?"
Thats sort of like a clerk in a grocery store telling me I don't have todo something aint it? Duh, he did was not "ordered NOT to do anything" and the dispatch cannot give orders either which he probably already knew.

He felt a responsibility to see if the person was doing anything untoward. He was looking out for his community and had every right to see what this gy was up to.

With your way of thinking, just because someone looks to see what you're doing, then you think its ok to attack the person for looking, even though he has already headed back to his vehicle.

How dare anyone look at anyone to see what their doing!!!!......Oh the wrongness of it all!
Jay

Springville, TN

#109365 Jul 10, 2013
Enigma wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, in my experience as a juror. Something you most likely have never been called on to do.

Does anybody know if this jury is sequestered? The two times I served, it was not a murder case, but had it been, then we would have been sequestered. We were informed, however, that we should not discuss the cases with anyone. So, I'm thinking that this jury, if it is sequestered, does not read the paper and is not allowed to listen to the news. In this case they are not influenced by any media hype declaring that race riots are about to break out, etc., etc, if GZ is found not guilty. I can see how it's possible that if the juror's knew this they may fear about letting him go free - and decide somehow he must be punished or this may happen and it would be their decision that caused it. I know you understand what I'm saying here, right?
Uncle Tab

United States

#109366 Jul 10, 2013
Enigma wrote:
These nuts on tv are saying they would find him guilty simply because he had a gun on his person.
You want these same people on your jury when you defend yourself with your hair barrette that's sharp or some other object that's not a gun. LOL!! They should find you innocent all because you do not have a gun.
It just doesn't get any stupider or crazy than these lunatic no sense morons.
According to what most of the crazies think, then all of us should just lay down and allow some deranged person to do whatever they like to us without defending ourself at all.
One person even said well, George should have scratched more......I kid you not! Yep, scratching will now prevent you from becoming dead as your head gets bashed into the cement!
You cannot make this stoopid ignorant stuff up.
The block watch rules said no gun. He wouldn't have had a gun unless he was looking for problems. If he wasn't looking for problems he would have stayed in his car.

Seems like people do realize what happened after all.

Good!
Jay

Springville, TN

#109367 Jul 10, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
Prosecution sure pointed out how Zimmerman got to the gun as Martin was backing away.
:-) that matters
Forensic's say the shot was within inches. How was he backing away?
Enigma

Bolivar, MO

#109368 Jul 10, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Dispatcher
Zimmerman
Dispatcher
From out of nowhere!
ha ha ha ...
Exactly!!! And how would he let them know if he didn't look to see what was going on? Exactly!!!

AL, these people do not get it that no one, absolutely no one told or forced this guy to double back, and sneak up on George. No one got inside his head and said go hit on this George guy. No one.
And they do not get that.

I would sure hate to be so dumb and dense that I was stupid enough to think for even a second that just because someone looks to see what you're doing then they deserve to be HIT or have their nose broken and knocked to the ground. OR that anyone that looked was "asking" to be hit and should therefore NOT defend themselves as I'm trying to knock them unconscious. As well as they should not fear for their life as I'm beating them up.

Good grief, I knew people were ignorant and willing to believe anything but God help them if they ever have an altercation of any kind.

heeheehee they better be prepared to scratch enough to make someone stop killing them......wheeee the looney tune express is out in full force today!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Listen up people 11 min Okay 2
DonRick Blevins? 1 hr Nosy 1
How is Godfathers Pizza at Shell ? 1 hr Titty Sprinkles 11
Just curious Old Datsun 280Z 1 hr Santa 6
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? 1 hr Excited 174
Stacey carnes 1 hr mossy seaman 3
It's a Mystery............. 6 hr Quantummist 4

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance