'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
96,381 - 96,400 of 146,253 Comments Last updated 13 min ago
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

People change, laws change, the ownership of a gun is quite different from carrying . Zimmerman is unstable? Don`t know, but agree he pushed the envelope here. The law of "stand your ground" is great until something like this case comes along. Mistakes were made by both parties, is my opinion.
But my opinion is just that, and no more . I was not there.
Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

RayOne wrote:
He is assuming the powers of a king, Congress sits on its (voice) hands.
What King Powers does he have?

And you are right, republicans in Congress have done ZERO!! Some if them will be fire soon for it
Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

whitehair wrote:
People change, laws change, the ownership of a gun is quite different from carrying . Zimmerman is unstable? Don`t know, but agree he pushed the envelope here. The law of "stand your ground" is great until something like this case comes along. Mistakes were made by both parties, is my opinion.
But my opinion is just that, and no more . I was not there.
What mistake did Martin make?
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Name any republican besides yourself who posts here that believes Zimmerman is guilty.
You can't!
Facts are facts.
Most will not tell their Party and also will not commit, so not able to name anyone.

My saying a light sentence is also not telling what a "light" sentence would be. Both parties here were in the wrong.

The law of "stand your ground" leaves me questioning , pertaining to sentence. Any thoughts?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
He defended himself against a creepy ass cracker. You can't do that shit round these parts!
Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
Most will not tell their Party and also will not commit, so not able to name anyone.
My saying a light sentence is also not telling what a "light" sentence would be. Both parties here were in the wrong.
The law of "stand your ground" leaves me questioning , pertaining to sentence. Any thoughts?
Stand Your Ground would be Martin then since Zimmerman was following/pursuing Martin.

I ask again.... What mistake did Martin make?? I'm waiting to hear this one.
Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
He defended himself against a creepy ass cracker. You can't do that shit round these parts!
That's what they aren't getting! Stand Your Ground Law is with Martin because Zimmerman was following him. Zimmerman could not use Stand Your Ground because he was following Martin.

Martin stood his ground. Zimmerman got his ass beat then he shot him.

Facts are facts.
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
If the situation had been tolerable , then he should have stated why he was there and where he lived and not gotten into a fight. Being confronted does not set the stage for fighting unless attacked. None have indicated this happened . Maybe this came out in the trial , but haven`t heard of it.
Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
If the situation had been tolerable , then he should have stated why he was there and where he lived and not gotten into a fight. Being confronted does not set the stage for fighting unless attacked. None have indicated this happened . Maybe this came out in the trial , but haven`t heard of it.
Stated why he was there?? To who? And why should he have had to tell anyone why he was there?
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Stand Your Ground would be Martin then since Zimmerman was following/pursuing Martin.
I ask again.... What mistake did Martin make?? I'm waiting to hear this one.
This is where "stand your ground ' would be misinterpreted/My understanding was it referred to when someone broke into your home. Not stand your ground in a sidewalk confronting.
Now if you turned this around, and Martin was the armed person , and shot Zimmerman, this is not standing your ground, again my opinion. This is why my conclusion is both were in the wrong. If Martin had simply taken his time and had a conversation with Zimmerman rather than fighting, it could have turned out differently. Same thing with Zimmerman, if he had stayed in the truck, done as advised, none of this would have happened.
Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Notice how peaceful it is without certain people here?

:-D
Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
This is where "stand your ground ' would be misinterpreted/My understanding was it referred to when someone broke into your home. Not stand your ground in a sidewalk confronting.
Now if you turned this around, and Martin was the armed person , and shot Zimmerman, this is not standing your ground, again my opinion. This is why my conclusion is both were in the wrong. If Martin had simply taken his time and had a conversation with Zimmerman rather than fighting, it could have turned out differently. Same thing with Zimmerman, if he had stayed in the truck, done as advised, none of this would have happened.
Stand Your Ground is Stand Your Ground. No matter where you are in Florida.

And why would he need to explain ANYTHING to Zimmerman?? I've asked this question 3 times??
Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Line good thing about the Zimmerman trial, there's a nurse in the jury. That nurse will know that the head injuries aren't as bad as Zimmerman made them out to be. The nurse will also know that someone who is struggling in a fight would have issues reaching for a gun, it would be very difficult to unholster and shoot someone dead center in the heart.

If Zimmerman was on the ground defending himself, Martin would have probably been shot in the side wouldn't he?? How can Zimmerman on the ground, Martin on top of him fighting get the gun past arms without shooting the arms of Martin? It's possible yes, but the easiest shot since the gun is on your side is a side shot to the attacker.

Unless the fight was over.... That's what I'm guessing. Shot him after he got his ass beat.

Plus in the ground and pound position, martins knees would have been covering the side arm, making it more difficult for Zimmerman to reach. Unless of course the gun was already draw. That's probably what happened.

Bitch/Coward move!
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Uncle Tab wrote:
Notice how peaceful it is without certain people here?
:-D

Sorry to disrupt you peace and quiet. But I have opinions, too.

But in earlier reports, it was said that the people in the complex there had experienced several break-ins. They requested of management, more security, especially at night. Perhaps they should have spent the money on more secure lighting. But they did not. Instead they hired night security watch. Zimmerman's big mistake when he saw someone on the grounds was to assume someone walking was casing the place. Did he actually see Trayvon coming from a convenient store munching on something and with a drink in his hand, as has been stated in the earlier reports? Since it was raining, did he wonder why anyone would be out walking in this weather, and assume something fishy? It appears so.

Night security - to anybody - should have called out.....something like this: "Security, may I ask your business here"? As a night guard he had a right to ask this question. Trayvon - or anybody for that matter who uses their head would assume night security would have a weapon on them. All Trayvon had to say was, "I'm visiting XYZ, my parents, etc., family in complex #XYZ. I'm on my way home."

Zimmerman had backup coming, he should have stood back and allowed them to get there. None of this would have happened if both had not assumed so much, and Trayvon had not doubled back.

Way too many questions and mistakes, assumptions and fear in the night. I can see both their sides as to why this happened, why can't you?

I also wonder when management hired Z, did they do a background check on him? If they did not, they are responsible for this disaster, too. No, Z, should not ever own a gun again. He should not get off scott-free. But it's up to the jury, who has heard first-hand. That's why they are the jury of his peers.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
he isn't on trial for being suspicious
I didn't indicate he was. I only provided proof that he had plenty of reasons to be suspicious.
countrygirl

Princeton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't indicate he was. I only provided proof that he had plenty of reasons to be suspicious.
He was black,with a hoodie on.
Eating skittles and drinking tea.
Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Jay, too long of a response so I'm replying here.

Zimmerman did not identify himself. That was in court last week. Prosecution witness' said he had at least two chances to identify himself to Martin but he did not. So Martin doesn't have to stop for anyone..... Could have been someone crazy who had a gun.(Not a reference to Zimmerman) so he just kept walking. After Zimmerman not identifying himself and continuously following Martin, I'm sure he didn't want some crazy stranger that may have a gun following him home, or he doubled back to get away from a stranger who DID NOT IDENTIFY HIMSELF!

And one of our fundelmendal rights as Americans is Innocent Until Proven Guilty. Walking thru your dads girlfriends condo property is not a crime. Following someone for no reason is against the law.

Lastly, I've mentioned this many times.... Zimmerman studied Stand Your Ground Law. He thought he was covered. I think that's a big issue and he had other motives in mind. Just my thoughts.

Zimmerman had no right to confront Martin, he was told by 911 to not follow him. StandbYour Ground backs Martin, not Zimmerman.
Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
What reasons did he have to be suspicious?
countrygirl

Princeton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
This is suspicious to you? What proof?
from zimmerman. so you think it's OK to
hunt and kill children? that fat side of pork
acted like a punk, and shot somebody's child.
If he was so dam scared, he could have shot
him in the leg. All boils down to he had no
business following him. Point blank
countrygirl

Princeton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
have you ever been chased
by a creepy ass cracker?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

67 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 16 min Mike Duquette 128,647
Orange water 56 min cool 4
SEC Network 1 hr me too 2
home interior for sale (Oct '09) 1 hr laura 20
Anthony Smith 1 hr yep 1
Stivers Center fixes 2 hr helping out 40
Step Chid after divorce 3 hr A sinner saved by grace 2
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters