'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 239758 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

countrygirl

Madisonville, KY

#108826 Jul 8, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
********
You're so full of crap lady!!! He was someone's child, but he was not a child, he was a boy if you wish to call a 17 year old a boy even. And his being black doesn't dismiss the fact that his parent's are grieving and will forever miss him.
You are so racist it's pathetic!
don't start
twisting shit, like fake news. if you don't have
nothing to say, then shut up! Deuces biotch!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#108827 Jul 8, 2013
countrygirl wrote:
I hope his punk ass gets life. I hope they feed
his fat ass junk food every day. He won't last
long. They better not put him in prison
population, cause they gonna wear that
ass out. F'n coward.
LMFAO I was thinking the same thing. No outcome is going to be good for George Zimmerman -other than hiding out with Casey Anthony.
Uncle Tab

United States

#108828 Jul 8, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
********
Dr. Baden, the renowned pathologist you see on Forensics told Greta (and it's on video) that the powder from the gun, the angle of the bullet and how it was lodged (fragmented) was at the most @ three inches from Martin's chest and went up in angle through the hoodie. Nothing indicated that Z was any further away than @ three inches or so. He gave an impartial interview based on his many years as a pathologist....you might want to look this up?
He was shot in the side, left side, heart.
I have front to back.

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2013/06/28/121938...

Straight from the autopsy.

If its a chest shot and not absinthe shot, this doesn't make you question Zimmerman more?
Uncle Tab

United States

#108829 Jul 8, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
********
In this case? I'd take out my cell phone and dial 911.
Ok, and I block you from going anywhere. Now you see I have a gun.... Now what? I'm NOT going to let you leave.

No I don't know if that's what happened, but who knows what happened? The only other person who knows is dead so we have to look at EVERYthing.

And no matter what, the police will not make it before it ends so waiting is not an option.
Enigma

Bolivar, MO

#108830 Jul 8, 2013
This is not a "Stand your Ground" case. In a stand your ground case the burden of proof rests on the "defendant". In This trial, the prosecutors have to prove "beyond doubt' that Zimmerman did not reasonably believe he was in imminent danger of death or "great bodily harm to himself.
The jurors, in order to convict, would have to see evidence that could disprove self defense beyond a reasonable doubt. And there has been no such evidence presented.

This is a murder trial, and in order to convict, they have to show he had the "intent to kill" and did so with a depraved mind, malice, evil intent, hatred, or ill will.

Surely Zimmerman's injuries are evidence to support he shot Martin in self defense. Even the neighbor said Zimmerman was on the bottom with Martin on top while the screaming was going on.

Remember, the only thing that matters in this case is whether or not at "the moment he fired" the fatal shot, is whether Zimmerman "reasonably" feared for his life and this was the only way to stop him.

IF this case were being tried as a stand your ground case, then whoever started the altercation would be important and the defendant (Zimmerman) would have the burden to prove that he should not be held legally responsible.

The stand your ground law can protect a shooter from ever going to trial. It was not created or put into effect for someone who starts a fight and loses the fight.

The trial you are seeing is a Self Defense case and not a stand your ground case.
Jay

Springville, TN

#108831 Jul 8, 2013
countrygirl wrote:
<quoted text> that's your problem, listening to
"greta" change the channel sometimes.
fake news got you Idiots snowed.
Greta says "its snowing" Jay/ari says. "OK"
********

Your problem is not listening, PERIOD.

Dr. Baden gave the interview. He is not a regular on Fox. Of course you would know better than a pathologist, forensic scientist, medical professional, MD - you sizzle brained racist!
Uncle Tab

United States

#108832 Jul 8, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
********
Dr. Baden, the renowned pathologist you see on Forensics told Greta (and it's on video) that the powder from the gun, the angle of the bullet and how it was lodged (fragmented) was at the most @ three inches from Martin's chest and went up in angle through the hoodie. Nothing indicated that Z was any further away than @ three inches or so. He gave an impartial interview based on his many years as a pathologist....you might want to look this up?
He was shot in the side, left side, heart.
Is a great on FalseNews?

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2012/images/05/1...

Autopsy report, under C bullet track front to rear.

That person wasn't being honest.

Stay away from FalseNews. They aren't credible!
Uncle Tab

United States

#108833 Jul 8, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
My opinion, Zimmerman had his gun drawn in advance.
I have an older brother who when we were younger, came home quite a few times with cuts on his knuckles from fighting. You don't knock someone the fuck out and walk away with a clean hand.
Unless you're Ari, and in the heat of battle, you decide to use your less dominant hand to land a side hammer fist. lol
I agree!
And I think Zimmerman wouldn't let him leave until the police got there and Martin tried to get away and Zimmerman grabbed him, Martin yells for help and then he gets shot as he gets up.
[email protected] last part. That shits just funny to me as soon as I see it. It's the Internet..... Who the hell are these people trying to impress?
:-D
Uncle Tab

United States

#108834 Jul 8, 2013
Carl James wrote:
last night the wife and I were watching a TV show abut true stories about people helping and working with animals.This one show was about an officer and his deputy dog who was his partner.
They were dispatched to a neighborhood where two young teenager burglars had broken into a home there.
They ran out of the house just as the cop and dog arrived and the cop told them to halt. They ran, but the officer and dog caught one and they wrestled around , with the dog biting and pulling on the young robber.
With a trained officer and trained dog biting and pulling at him, the young robber got the officer down and managed to get get the gun out of the holster and hit the dog in the head with it and then pointed it at the officer and pulled the trigger, but it misfired and the officer wasn't hurt, but he meant to kill him.
They said the teenager was younger and stronger than the older officer. I think this is what happened in the Zimmerman?Martin case.
Travon Martin was younger and stronger than Zimmerman and Zimmerman wouldn't be here today if he hadn't got hold of his gun first.
In cases like this you don't have time to think about anything except to save yourself if you think someone's trying to kill you.
None of Martins DNA was on the gun.

And if Zimmerman would have not been following Martin, he wouldn't have had to worry about ANYTHING!
Enigma

Bolivar, MO

#108835 Jul 8, 2013
I personally believe as many on here do, that this possibly could have been avoided and both involved still be alive if it were handled differently. It's a sad day when anyone dies or is killed.

I also believe a lot of assumptions are posted here. None of us can know what happened, we weren't there. And none of us can begin to imagine what we ourselves may have done under the same circumstances had we been Martin or Zimmerman. When split seconds can change a life forever, we can all hope we would take the correct course of action or non-action because we cannot ever plan all the aspects of how something like this can go sideways, even if we do every single thing right.

I've been a juror before in the state of Florida, and as a juror, even if I believed some of Zimmerman's side of events were in the wrong or that he himself started the entire thing, or his injuries were no big deal, that would still be insufficient evidence for me to convict.
The prosecutor would have to show me, beyond reasonable doubt that it was NOT self defense.

The fact there was a fight at all, makes a murder conviction very hard to prove. According to the law, I would have to believe and prosecutors would have to show me, that Zimmerman had intent to kill and did it with a either, malice, hatred, ill will, evil intent, or a depraved mind.

That's the truth of this particular case in my opinion. It certainly seems to me at this point there is reasonable doubt.
Uncle Tab

United States

#108836 Jul 8, 2013
Enigma wrote:
This is not a "Stand your Ground" case. In a stand your ground case the burden of proof rests on the "defendant". In This trial, the prosecutors have to prove "beyond doubt' that Zimmerman did not reasonably believe he was in imminent danger of death or "great bodily harm to himself.
The jurors, in order to convict, would have to see evidence that could disprove self defense beyond a reasonable doubt. And there has been no such evidence presented.
This is a murder trial, and in order to convict, they have to show he had the "intent to kill" and did so with a depraved mind, malice, evil intent, hatred, or ill will.
Surely Zimmerman's injuries are evidence to support he shot Martin in self defense. Even the neighbor said Zimmerman was on the bottom with Martin on top while the screaming was going on.
Remember, the only thing that matters in this case is whether or not at "the moment he fired" the fatal shot, is whether Zimmerman "reasonably" feared for his life and this was the only way to stop him.
IF this case were being tried as a stand your ground case, then whoever started the altercation would be important and the defendant (Zimmerman) would have the burden to prove that he should not be held legally responsible.
The stand your ground law can protect a shooter from ever going to trial. It was not created or put into effect for someone who starts a fight and loses the fight.
The trial you are seeing is a Self Defense case and not a stand your ground case.
True.... Because the one who was standing his ground is dead.

Zimmerman tried to use that law but couldn't because he followed Martin. You can't stand your ground as someone is walking away from you giving up ground.

Kinda perfect huh?
Uncle Tab

United States

#108837 Jul 8, 2013
countrygirl

Madisonville, KY

#108838 Jul 8, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO I was thinking the same thing. No outcome is going to be good for George Zimmerman -other than hiding out with Casey Anthony.
Yes,I agree. Killers of children. Hope they spade
and neuter both them animals.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#108839 Jul 8, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, and I block you from going anywhere. Now you see I have a gun.... Now what? I'm NOT going to let you leave.
No I don't know if that's what happened, but who knows what happened? The only other person who knows is dead so we have to look at EVERYthing.
And no matter what, the police will not make it before it ends so waiting is not an option.
I'm so with you on this. Only I don't even think Trayvon had a chance to really get at Zimmerman. Your head is being "pounded into the ground" and all you need is a butterfly bandage? Not rational. I beat you so badly that you were scared for your LIFE but my dominant hand is without flaw? Not rational. The whole "You're gonna die tonight" story? From the unarmed opponent? Nottttt rational.
Enigma

Bolivar, MO

#108840 Jul 8, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
********
Dr. Baden, the renowned pathologist you see on Forensics told Greta (and it's on video) that the powder from the gun, the angle of the bullet and how it was lodged (fragmented) was at the most @ three inches from Martin's chest and went up in angle through the hoodie. Nothing indicated that Z was any further away than @ three inches or so. He gave an impartial interview based on his many years as a pathologist....you might want to look this up?
He was shot in the side, left side, heart.
Hi Jay, thanks for this info, I didn't see this. Very interesting and sounds exactly as I'd imagined it might be if it were me on the ground with someone on top of me beating on my head. You know when things such as this (on the ground) are happening, it all happens so fast I think most people act on instinct alone because there isn't time to consider or think things through.

It's truly sad a mother lost her child, I feel for her loss. This would be difficult for either side to have to live with.
Jay

Springville, TN

#108841 Jul 8, 2013
countrygirl wrote:
<quoted text>don't start
twisting shit, like fake news. if you don't have
nothing to say, then shut up! Deuces biotch!
*********

I did have plenty to say, and I don't have to shut up ya see? You don't run this web site. You have no common sense, and there is no twisting to my post. Other than Dr. Baden, my opinion is as posted.

Kiss off or KMA!
Jay

Springville, TN

#108842 Jul 8, 2013
Enigma wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Jay, thanks for this info, I didn't see this. Very interesting and sounds exactly as I'd imagined it might be if it were me on the ground with someone on top of me beating on my head. You know when things such as this (on the ground) are happening, it all happens so fast I think most people act on instinct alone because there isn't time to consider or think things through.
It's truly sad a mother lost her child, I feel for her loss. This would be difficult for either side to have to live with.
I agree. There have been other comments which I did not mention and that is, that Martin had Zimmerman's head in both hands slamming it on the ground. If it was on cement it would have been worse - perhaps - but the witness said they were on the grass. It is also possible that Zimmerman's weapon was under the shoulder type, or more like under the arm. I have not heard either way, have you?

Dr. Baden said it was close range, as I said, within inches.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#108843 Jul 8, 2013
The Sunday News Show Cycle must be feeling for their pulse on this Monday morning. The rules have changed and it will snap too or sink with other MSM.
Enigma

Bolivar, MO

#108844 Jul 8, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm so with you on this. Only I don't even think Trayvon had a chance to really get at Zimmerman. Your head is being "pounded into the ground" and all you need is a butterfly bandage? Not rational. I beat you so badly that you were scared for your LIFE but my dominant hand is without flaw? Not rational. The whole "You're gonna die tonight" story? From the unarmed opponent? Nottttt rational.
Ok, if I'm on top of you and I grab your face or the sides of your head with my hands, or even grab the sides of your hair, or your ears, and I start to push your head down onto the concrete, then pull up again, then smash it back down again, HOW am I going to get any marks of my hands? Please explain your logic in thinking he should have shown marks on his hands.

And how can you possibly know Trayvon didn't have a chance? Witnesses say he was on top.

I will also remind you the skull is very very hard. It takes extreme pressure to cause severe injuries to the skull.
50 cents

Madisonville, KY

#108845 Jul 8, 2013
vote McConnell out

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min ChromiuMan 151,940
house cleaner wanted 27 min justin 3
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? 1 hr buyem up 53
Whatever happened to the Eye Dr. Gregory? 2 hr really 11
The Save a lot 2 hr um um good 5
Breeze 9 hr Isaidityesisaidit 1
what would u do if u guy cuss u out . because h... 10 hr hottiebblueeyesof... 7

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages