'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments (Page 4,776)

Showing posts 95,501 - 95,520 of144,570
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Hey

West Union, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
The attacks used to be primarily due to political views. More recently the attacks seem unrelated to politics but are malicious and just for the amusement of the poster. Sound familiar?
Would you shut up? They're trying to talk!

Since: Dec 11

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

treebeard wrote:
<quoted text>
Something of the sort of Karma, yes.
It is EXACTLY where religion comes from, but not where it went. The religion I grew up in would take that inner reality, and then translate it for you, as a method of mind control. Example: "You feel your heart pounding in your chest right now!?! That's God! He's telling you this is your last chance to take to that alter and beg for his forgiveness! Tomorrow may never come for you, child. You better listen to Him..."
Um, my heart was pounding because there was a grown man singling me out in a congregation of people and screaming in my face that I was going to die and burn in hell. And that urge to do something, that was my urge to leave. Sadly, I didn't, though, not until my 20s.
Isn't that the very same "emotional trigger" hat PETA use when they show an abandoned kitty cat and ten use the violin music while asking people to donate? The heart is not truly an emotional process center yet is seems to be where that heavy feeling originates. Humanity longs for belonging, love and understanding, religions are like GPS units that lead us along that journey we call life.

Thank you for the distraction, I'll go back to political crap now.
Post Script: as my nom de plume would suggest I enjoy all things philosophical. Two Thumbs up for you and my pal Tofy!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Why blame it all on Bush?
----------
The Iraq Resolution or the Iraq War Resolution (formally the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002,[1] Pub.L. 107–243, 116 Stat. 1498, enacted October 16, 2002, H.J.Res. 114) is a joint resolution passed by the United States Congress in October 2002 as Public Law No: 107-243, authorizing military action against Iraq.
29 of 50 Democratic senators (58%) voted for the resolution.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Resolution
----------
This included Clinton, Biden, Reid, and Kerry.
Aw shucks, you done went and let the cat out of the bag!
I was going to spring that on them in November, 2016.
Apparently the LSM hasn't told them yet.

“"Who's happier than me?"”

Since: Oct 11

Brush mountain Ky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Ari wrote:
"Humanity longs for belonging, love and understanding, religions are like GPS units that lead us along that journey we call life."

You hit the nail on the head my friend. That in it's
context is collective consicousness.

Awareness that humanity desires the same thing!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

And intellectual "thinky thoughts" defeat 3rd grader mentality...if only momentarily!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
President Bush and his Congressional Republican majorities at the time cut taxes for everyone in the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts. Indeed, they cut more for lower and middle income taxpayers than they did for “the rich,” as Obama calls the nation’s job creators, investors, and successful small businesses. The top tax rate was cut by only 13%, while the lowest rate was cut by one-third, 33%.
According to official IRS data, the top 1% of income earners paid $84 billion more in federal income taxes in 2007 than in 2000 before the Bush tax cuts were passed, 23% more. The share of total federal income taxes paid by the top 1% rose from 37% in 2000, before the Bush tax cuts, to 40% in 2007, after the tax cuts.
In contrast, the bottom half of income earners paid $6 billion less in federal income taxes in 2007 than in 2000, a decline of 16%. The share of federal income taxes paid by the bottom 50% declined from 3.9% in 2000 to 2.9% in 2007.
The proof is in the pudding over the Bush tax cuts. They were followed by a record 52 straight months of job creation, producing 8 million new jobs, with the unemployment rate falling to 4.4%. Business investment spending, which had declined for 9 straight quarters, reversed and increased 6.7% per quarter, producing all those new jobs.
Because of that increased investment, labor productivity soared by 2.5% annually from 2003 to 2007, higher than the averages of the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s. As a result, real after tax income per capita increased by more than 11%. Manufacturing output soared to its highest level in 20 years.
Obama’s ploy of blaming all of this on the Republicans will not work this time. The public knows the Bush tax cuts were adopted into law by the Republicans, with complete Republican control of Congress and the White House at the time. It will be too obvious that it took President Obama and his new neo-Marxist Democrat Party to let them expire.
Enjoy the new Obama recession. You and your neighbors voted for it.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2012...
Let me help you with all this math stuff. The Rich pay 80% of all taxes collected by the IRS. They pay 80% of ALL taxes because of ALL the income each year they receive 80% of it. The 400 richest people in the US have more wealth than the first 150 million Americans combined. Let that sink in a moment. The first 400 have more income wealth than the first 150 million of us combined.
Since Reagan's Piss Down On Everyone Economics, the top have gained a 287% average income increase. The rest of middle America has gained 18%. The ONLY reason the US cannot pay the debt off is there isn't enough tax money coming in because of the Bush tax cuts and his over spending.
Speaking of over spending. Reagan holds the record for that. He increased the US debt while in office 186%. A record never beat so far.

“Could've been a contender here”

Since: Apr 13

I couldn't find no fight, here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>You can't! We all have the same instincts and emotions yes we use them at different times because of circumstance,but on a daily basis thousands perhaps millions do exactly the same thing. Collectively!!!!
PEACE
tofy
a group of hikers might run from a swarm of hornets instinctively, but NOT collectively.
...going by your above post, I don't think there's any such thing as collective consciousness, in that, if it isn't universal, it isn't collective, and if it's instinctual, it isn't consciousness.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
The attacks used to be primarily due to political views. More recently the attacks seem unrelated to politics but are malicious and just for the amusement of the poster. Sound familiar?
something wrong with amusement?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

this ones for you wrote:
I dream of Peace and through collective awareness
it can be achieved.
Trust is this issue always has been.
So love is the answer and peace is our salvation!
PEACE
tofy
In a dream it would seem
I went to those who close the open door
Turning the key, I sat and spoke to those inside of me
They answered my questions with questions
And pointed me into the night
Where the moon was a star-painted dancer
And the world was just a spectrum of light
They reached to my center of reason
And pulled on the touchstone that's there
The shock of that light had me reeling
And I fell into the depths of despair
And set me to stand on the brink
Where the sun and the moon were as brothers
And all that was left was to think
And pointed me into the night
The power that bore me had left me alone
To figure out which way was right
"collective awareness"? seriously? do we all need to smoke the exact same kind of weed at the exact same time? Hey, if that's the answer, I'm down and all in.
But I ain't down with Mr McKenna, tantric mantra talkin' don't move me.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

treebeard wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't. That was my source of my confusion. Believe me, I've tried. You can't pretend something into nonexistence. You can deflect it, but it always circles back around. You insinuated that refusing it somehow kept it from being so. I'm willing to admit that I haven't studied it enough to determine what kind of filters may exist, if any, but I feel fairly confident that one person doesn't have the ability to do it.
(Your Mike Myers/Chopra/Tofy thing, sorry I have no idea what that meant...more evidence for your theory, I guess.)
The one that doesn't believe a thing doesn't need evidence, The one that believes does.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
A perfect Segway into my favorite C.S. Lewis quote!
"A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word,'darkness' on the walls of his cell."
Where does religion come from? We all yearn to believe in love, undeniable, unqualified love...for each other for our own existence, and for a creator who loves us without condition or pretext.
Peace out my brothers and sisters.
Wow, the rain has stopped and a giant rainbow is over the top of my mountain! Do you believe in Karma?
I don't believe in Karma, but I do like C S Lewis
(Screwtape Letters)
Religion came from a combination of early man trying to make sense of natural phenomena, thunder, lightning, earthquakes, eclipses, etc...and the telling and re-telling of stories about shapes in the night sky.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

And intellectual "thinky thoughts" defeat 3rd grader mentality...if only momentarily!
if it's momentary, it isn't defeat, is it?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

this ones for you wrote:
Ari wrote:
"Humanity longs for belonging, love and understanding, religions are like GPS units that lead us along that journey we call life."
You hit the nail on the head my friend. That in it's
context is collective consicousness.
Awareness that humanity desires the same thing!
If Humanity longs for belonging,love, understanding, collectively, what's the point? Why not just HAVE those things, collectively,(hell, everybody is in agreement) and quit longing?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
if it's momentary, it isn't defeat, is it?
momentarily...unless you say "I quit", are you a "quitter"?
I doubt that.
Anonymous

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Yep

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Eric Snowden has played the Obama administration easily thus far, the forced landing of the President of Bolivia has set in motion a chain of events meant to erode support from foreign governments already outraged by the revelation of U.S. intrusion/spying on "secure" communications.
Julian Assange has learned from his own experience.
Edward Snowden likely used the Bolivian as a decoy...think he is still in Moscow?

I'm batting 300 so far, If I'm right on this...next up will be more revelations of Obama's abuse of power and Wiki Leaks will open a whole new can of worms!
Like a cannon ball off a high dive board,
Obama's popularity is on a steep decline!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Eric Snowden has played the Obama administration easily thus far, the forced landing of the President of Bolivia has set in motion a chain of events meant to erode support from foreign governments already outraged by the revelation of U.S. intrusion/spying on "secure" communications.
Edward Snowden likely used the Bolivian as a decoy...think he is still in Moscow?
I'm batting 300 so far, If I'm right on this...next up will be more revelations of Obama's abuse of power and Wiki Leaks will open a whole new can of worms!
Pray !!!!!!!!!! Hope and Pray all things go bad for Obama and America. That's all you Repubs do is hope for the worst. What a depressed life you must have. Doom and Gloom. It only leads to the a bitter ending like the Anti-America Woman had.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

I made three consecutive predictions on this subject (that I started) and all three were correct. My fourth is sailing skyward now! Snowden has left Moscow!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I made three consecutive predictions on this subject (that I started) and all three were correct. My fourth is sailing skyward now! Snowden has left Moscow!
Don't worry. Obama always gets his man. He will be captured or droned soon.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Pray !!!!!!!!!! Hope and Pray all things go bad for Obama and America. That's all you Repubs do is hope for the worst. What a depressed life you must have. Doom and Gloom. It only leads to the a bitter ending like the Anti-America Woman had.
You fail to consider:
A. Obama is working "against" Americas best interest.
B. If he fails, Americans win!

How will it be good for America to add 11 to 15 million (or more) new faces to the welfare rolls? Where will the money come from?
You may be surprised to discover how quickly they become "conservative" voters because of religious beliefs.
They do not condone Homo-love, they do not condone infanticide, they are no longer easily mislead about these ideas promoted by Democrats!
One Republican with Latino ties will erase decades of democrats ties with Latino voters.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 95,501 - 95,520 of144,570
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

125 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 min spaceship 127,742
Brooke (Teeth) (Oct '09) 22 min funny 25
KC Basketball Coach 22 min 229fan 45
Do people still cruise the strip on weekends? 1 hr Idiot above me 5
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 1 hr 75 Scorpio 3,732
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 1 hr billy 356
weed eating 2 hr Jeremy 13
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters