'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#105813 Jun 16, 2013
ObamaDontCare wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're full of it!
I think you're an extremist. A radical extremist indeed.
DemocRat

United States

#105814 Jun 16, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush's IRS already did that Zombie...where were you. Love how you hypocrites have selective memory.
PolitiFact: Did IRS target liberal groups during Bush administration?
"During the Bush administration, liberal groups were targeted" by the IRS, similar to recent targeting.
Rep. Jim McDermott, June 4, in a congressional hearing
At a House Ways and Means committee hearing, Rep. Jim McDermott, D-Wash., listened to the stories from members of groups that were snagged when the IRS cast a wide net for politically active organizations seeking tax-exempt status. All of the groups advocate for conservative causes, from opposing gay marriage to promoting a broad tea party agenda.
While McDermott said he was sorry they had been singled out, he was more focused on the lack of clear legal rules that should guide the IRS.
"Let's not get lost," McDermott said. "During the Bush administration, liberal groups were targeted without any concern by Mr. Issa or anyone else in this committee." (Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., is chair of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.)
Were liberal groups targeted when a Republican held the White House? And if so, were the circumstances back then similar to what has come to light today?
McDermott's office pointed us to a recent Salon article that described how the IRS subjected the NAACP, Greenpeace and a liberal Episcopal church in California to sometimes intense scrutiny. In 2004, the IRS audited the NAACP after its chairman said President George W. Bush was the first sitting president since Herbert Hoover who declined to speak before the group.
The same year, the IRS moved to revoke the tax-exempt status of All Saints Episcopal in Pasadena.
IRS SCANDAL
IRS Targeted Liberals Under Bush
NAACP and Greenpeace were given unwarranted attention
Most people are outraged that the IRS recently targeted 300 or more conservatives groups. Even liberals are mad. But we should keep a sense of proportion and recall that the IRS targeted liberal groups under President Bush, writes Alex Seitz-Wald in liberal mag Salon.
"In 2004, the IRS went after the NAACP, auditing the nation's oldest civil rights group after its chairman criticized President Bush for being the first sitting president since Herbert Hoover not to address the organization," writes Seitz-Wald. He quotes the then NAACP chairman: "It's pretty obvious that the complainant was someone who doesn't believe George Bush should be criticized, and it's obvious of their response that the IRS believes this, too."
In 2006, the IRS investigated Greenpeace at the instigation of a pressure group funded by Exxon Mobile.
In 2005 the Senate held a hearing on political activity by "social welfare" groups, at which it was noted that the IRS needed "to better define the lines between politics and social welfare," writes Seitz-Wald. Yet nothing was done. Meanwhile nonprofits experienced bizarre inconsistencies, like the non-profit Emerge America which was given non-profit status in Kentucky but denied it in Massachusetts, Maine, and Nevada.
Given that history, perhaps we should focus on the IRS's decades-long inconsistency and sloppy rules rather than attacking the agency for partisanship under Obama, Seitz-Wald's piece implies.
< http://politix.topix.com/homepage/6072-irs-ta... ;
Under Bush the IRS Targeted a Liberal Church for an Anti War Sermon
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/05/14/irs-ta...
Once again, I guess it's okay when your hero Bush did it huh?
CLINTON 2016
DITCH MITCH 2014
Lets try again ...

It is WRONG Republicans or Democrats ...for IRS to target anyone. IRS should be NEUTRAL, collecting taxes and treat everyone same...

Get that Obama zombie!
ObamaDontCare

United States

#105815 Jun 16, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're an extremist. A radical extremist indeed.
I'm extremely loyal to AMERICA, indeed!
ZombieRat

Elizabethtown, KY

#105816 Jun 16, 2013
DemocRat wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets try again...
All -Muslims-are not TERRORISTS!
Did you get that?
All -TERRORIST- are Muslims!
Read it very slow...you'll get it...!
You try again zombie. Aren't you the Serb immigrant? New citizen of AMERICA? You can tap dance your words I seen the first time you posted them, but your slurs to LoveItHere and racist posts has implied otherwise, fool.

YOU read this real S-L-O-W, I'm a speed reader:

All TERRORIST are not limited to being Muslims. What about our American born and bred for generations that have joined them? How many were influenced by the mentality you teabagging repukes reek of on every site on the WEB and FAUXBOX? YOU, your queen loon and the rest of the poor fauxbox misguided lemming tools are perfect criteria for terrorist recruits. A real RED FLAG...GOT THAT!!!

Keep it up though. Big Brother is watching your type. haha

CLINTON 2016

DITCH MITCH 2014
ObamaDontCare

United States

#105817 Jun 16, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
haha We KNOW you are full of it. No thinking about it. Racist zombie.
My HEART is FULL of LOVE for AMERICA...
Obama zombie - goat girl!
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#105818 Jun 16, 2013
Might want to study this and see if that registered. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Be sure and check out all the pretty pictures of Lady Liberty. Maybe you will learn something about our Country.

Statue of Liberty National Monument
Emma Lazarusí Famous Poem
A poem by Emma Lazarus is graven on a tablet
within the pedestal on which the statue stands.

The New Colossus
Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,

http://libertystatepark.com/emma.htm
http://www.bing.com/images/search...

Been there several times, walked up to the crown and seen the skyline of New York. Want to go back and see the improvement and the sadness of the towers no longer there. Look forward to seeing the 9/11 Memorial. Just to be reminded how resilient we are as a country to bounce back. Too bad we can't all act like the Americans we pulled together to be. Sucks to have you repukes continue to ruin that by your trashing. You are FREE to leave. The MAJORITY doesn't want to go BACKWARD, we are moving FORWARD with the times. Try to catch up, the light is bright in our world. haha

CLINTON 2016

DITCH MITCH 2014

Hope all my liberal Dad's had a Happy Father's Day!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#105819 Jun 16, 2013
ObamaDontCare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm extremely loyal to AMERICA, indeed!
So loyal in fact that some might call you a radical.

O_o
ObamaDontCare

United States

#105820 Jun 16, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
So loyal in fact that some might call you a radical.
O_o
Some...like you nut!
Radicals, in fact must be in your family!
DemocRat

United States

#105821 Jun 16, 2013
ZombieRat wrote:
<quoted text>
You try again zombie. Aren't you the Serb immigrant? New citizen of AMERICA? You can tap dance your words I seen the first time you posted them, but your slurs to LoveItHere and racist posts has implied otherwise, fool.
YOU read this real S-L-O-W, I'm a speed reader:
All TERRORIST are not limited to being Muslims. What about our American born and bred for generations that have joined them? How many were influenced by the mentality you teabagging repukes reek of on every site on the WEB and FAUXBOX? YOU, your queen loon and the rest of the poor fauxbox misguided lemming tools are perfect criteria for terrorist recruits. A real RED FLAG...GOT THAT!!!
Keep it up though. Big Brother is watching your type. haha
CLINTON 2016
DITCH MITCH 2014
My type loves this country ...! Did I touch the nerve goat girl? Don't try so hard.

Instead big brother watching me, should be watching like those two Boston brothers...and other fanatics. You're such an idiot!
Jay

Paris, TN

#105822 Jun 17, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
Might want to study this and see if that registered. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Be sure and check out all the pretty pictures of Lady Liberty. Maybe you will learn something about our Country.
Statue of Liberty National Monument
Emma Lazarusí Famous Poem
A poem by Emma Lazarus is graven on a tablet
within the pedestal on which the statue stands.
The New Colossus
Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,

We all know the story of the Statue of Liberty.

But when they came to America, they came after saving their money for years and then often, later on, sent for their spouse. In my ancestor's case it was two years before my gr grandmother could join him. A story from my gr. grandfather:

"When I came to America, after serving five years in the German army, I was a young man of 21, almost 22. When many saw the Statue of Liberty in the harbor, some cried and some knelt down and kissed the ground. I came on the ship called the Main and it took us over two weeks to get to America.

We had to have someone who offered to sponsor us or we were told we could not come. This person took a vow and signed a paper that they could guarantee we had a place to live and food until we could find a job. As a young man, I applied for a job on the railroad in the department that made coaches. For two years, winter and summer I walked to work and home until I could afford to buy an *automobile.*

I applied for citizenship as soon as they would let me, and six years later I became an American citizen."

I have the ship's list from the National Archives which shows my ancestor came to America with his younger brother. It's official, and I have his citizenship paper which shows the signature of his sponsor, along with a census showing his children after he was naturalized. He spent several years on small jobs then eventually the next 35 years on the railroad and retired with a small pension.

No one in those days went straight to the welfare office and applied for food or assistance. It didn't exist. No one made becoming an American citizen easy. No government official cared whether you lived or died, ate or starved to death. At Ellis Island, everyone had to have a physical and pass the health exam - if failed were sent back to their country of origin. Everyone had to study the constitution and swear allegiance to this country. He said that the hardest language to understand was English because so many words were alike but meant different things, but not learning the language was a hindrance so everyone studied primary readers in order to understand and fit in.

If you want to know about your ancestor's journey to America and obtain that information, write to the National Archives. You're in for quite a surprise and it's worth the effort.

wtf

Pikeville, KY

#105824 Jun 17, 2013
DemocRat wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets try again...
All -Muslims-are not TERRORISTS!
Did you get that?
Now,
All -TERRORIST- are Muslims!
Read it very slow...you'll get it...!
So Timothy McVeigh was Muslim???

Since: Dec 11

#105825 Jun 17, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
You're asking me, if that's what "us" people do? Are calling me a Muslim fanatic?
I see you avoid using your avatar with that national flag...I believe you attempt to dodge the bullet of truth?
You have much more to hide!
Professor

Mesquite, NV

#105826 Jun 17, 2013
There is so much terrorism in the world who cares about the nationality.

Since: Dec 11

#105828 Jun 17, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>So Timothy McVeigh was Muslim???
We might ask Ramzi Yousef , or John Doe #2
or Terry Nichols who was in the Phillapines at the same time Ramzi Yousef was (planning the Bojinka event).

Lame Stream Media ever get back with you on that?

http://www.cnn.com/US/9801/08/yousef.update/

http://usgovinfo.about.com/b/2007/01/02/oklah...
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#105829 Jun 17, 2013
Right on Ari-- it is not religion that makes the terrorist, it is the lack of ability to understand harming others does not follow the norm.The radical has left the norm and switched to the ability to harm to somehow prove a point.All they prove is they have gone over the deep end and lost themselves in that darkness of mental disorders.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#105831 Jun 17, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>So Timothy McVeigh was Muslim???
Eric Holder authorized members of the FBI to provide explosives to Oklahoma City bombing criminals Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols immediately prior to the April 1995 bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah building.

eric holder has been a 'terrorist' for years!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#105832 Jun 17, 2013
and NOW he's OVER
The United States Justice Department!

WREAKING MORE HAVOC ...

WHEN are you libTARDS gonna GROW a BRAIN ???
BUY a clue!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#105834 Jun 17, 2013
Research PATCON!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#105835 Jun 17, 2013
American Lady

Danville, KY

#105837 Jun 17, 2013
Kenneth Trentadue

RULED a suicide ...

You do NOT beat yaself to death
OR slit your own throat!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Illegal coon hunting going Davis bend road 10 min Mitch 5
Norma Ray Brock 4 hr curious 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr wow 131,389
who will you vote for as jailer 4 hr true 24
howard davis (Aug '12) 6 hr dizzyone1313 32
Mike Baker needs to run the Jail 6 hr Jumper Cable 6
Family Court Judge 6 hr decided voter 49
Who works at both the Advocate and the jail? 7 hr Patty 11
Knox Co jail threads GONE again!!!! 7 hr Webster 10
our little oligarchy town of barbourville 9 hr Character 10