'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
93,601 - 93,620 of 151,251 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
American Lady

Danville, KY

#105657 Jun 15, 2013
2 BLACK DEMS BECOME REPUBLICANS
Star Parker[A Black Lady] tells of Louisianans rejecting left-wing agenda for minority community

Anyone who doubts that the Republican Party can attract black voters need only look south to Louisiana.

At a conference held in Baton Rouge at the end of May, called @Large and aimed to attract black conservatives, a black Democratic member of the Louisiana Legislature, Elbert Guillary, announced that he was switching parties and becoming a Republican.

Less than two weeks later, just up the road in Central City, La., black Democrat city Councilman Ralph Washington, who attended this same @Large conference, made the same announcement – he’s becoming a Republican.

It’s really not such a mystery. The mystery is why this is not happening more often.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/06/2-black-dems-becom...

Larry Bohannon a day ago
Excellent news Star!!! I have always been puzzled why so many Christians who are black support the democrat party. It is an undeniable truth that the democrat party is directly responsible for the brutal killing of 55 million American babies by abortionists since 1973. This includes 16.5 million American black babies. I think that at the time of judgment, any unrepentant person who ever voted for democrats since 1973 will be judged harshly by the Lord of the universe.

Most Black people believe in God ...
That was raised RIGHT that is!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#105658 Jun 15, 2013
WHY I'M BECOMING PARANOID
Exclusive: Patrice Lewis tells of drone flying over her as she weeded 'subversively'

The news this week has been freaky. It seems everything we do, say, or write is being monitored by Big Brother. Every keystroke, every bank transaction, every word spoken into a phone … everything and anything is being stored away in a massive facility in Utah capable of handling a “yottabyte” of information, the largest measurement computer scientists have. From here, personal data can be sifted through at leisure, ready to nail someone for real or imagined offenses. Wow, this gives me such a warm fuzzy feeling. Thank God we live in America, land of the free.

Last week I decided to get away from the dire news by pulling weeds in the garden. We live in a fairly remote corner of north Idaho, and we have a large garden. Weeding relaxes me.

But it was not to be. Half an hour into my task, I heard the sound of an engine overhead. Looking up, I saw … a drone.

Flying due south-to-north, it passed low and directly over my head. It was one of the few times I didn’t have my pocket camera on me or I would have taken pictures.

I won’t be so paranoid as to suggest the drone was spying on ME personally … but I can assure you the feeling of unease, of KGB-style government surveillance, increased exponentially since that day. I can’t even weed my garden in privacy any more.

Now I’m being more careful in what I email, what I say on the phone and what I type on my computer. After all, everything is being recorded.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/06/why-im-becoming-pa...

GrayCat 3 hours ago −
Thank God you have spoken out so courageously! THANK YOU!!!

I have a friend who, about a year ago, was also observed by a small drone in her own backyard, food gardening, just like you. She lives several thousand miles from me, and a couple of thousand miles from you, Patrice. This drone hovered over her and her house. There's no wondering whether she was being observed.

I happen to love the Jason Bourne movie series. "Legacy" was one of the most chilling; the scenes of the drones observing and attacking and destroying a remote, isolated camp and the operatives deliberately created for the government's own covert operations was particularly disturbing to me; I can't get the images out of my mind. A personal thing, I realize. And those particular drones were about as large as small private planes.

But the military now has and is deploying tiny drones that look like birds and insects to observe and kill. Anyone can be a target and executed and not have an inkling, and neither will anyone else. Try a .22 on that.

The people who compartmentalize what they're doing as "drone pilots" so as to have no guilt about what it really is they're doing are sociopaths. As are the designers, manufacturers, sellers and buyers of this evil technology. As is the malevolent government and military that employs it and defends it.

You quoted one of my favorite passages from Atlas Shrugged, too. If only people would take it to heart! It's reality; it's the purpose of government, regardless of anything else people have been taught to believe.

Anyone who doubts the truth in that statement should find out what the National Register is. And then apply a couple of brain cells to connect the dots.

People REALLY defend and want to "save" "our" government? Against all truth and reality? That's ignorance and madness.

"Where the people fear their government there is tyranny." -- Thomas Jefferson.

"I own that I am not a friend to a very energetic government. It is always oppressive." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Force is the vital principle and immediate parent of despotism." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Government is force." -- George Washington

"Government is a gang of thieves writ large." -- Murray Rothbard

continued ...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#105659 Jun 15, 2013
cont.

Why do so many insist on retaining government/the state/rulers?

Jefferson also said (paraphrasing him here) that it's illogical to claim that people are incapable of ruling themselves yet those who would presume to rule them for them are also nothing but mere human beings.

No one needs to be ruled.

No human being is qualified to rule other human beings.

And no human being has a right -- not even by "election" of a majority -- to rule other human beings.

Why are those simple facts ignored by most Americans? That you had the experience you wrote about here, and that more and more people are having, is a direct result of that deliberate, arrogant disregard of truth.

Truth will out. I just hope it's not too late altogether.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#105660 Jun 15, 2013
centurian a day ago
You nailed it! My wife is the most honest (really to a fault!) person I know. She pays her (illegal) taxes and does not complain. She and I intentionally keep our businesses, financial matters and taxes separate. She only knows that I pay some bills, but does not know what I make or what I pay in taxes. She doesn't want to know.

So, this year the IRS audited her business. They ignored a host of real retail issues as well as deductions not taken, and plan to penalize her while opening another year for audit. OK. It'll cost some money, but not a big deal, except for the time, money and angst in dealing with it.

All of a sudden, I get a notice that they want information about 4 years of my income too. A new line of attack.

Hmmm. Wonder if this is caused by the fact that both of us supported, donated to and voted for Ron Paul? Maybe its because we are both CCW holders. Perhaps our membership in a gun club ticked somebody off. Or, perhaps some of my postings on internet sights made us targets. Maybe its because we contribute our service to the local volunteer fire department (thereby threatening non-existant union jobs).

http://www.wnd.com/2013/06/why-im-becoming-pa...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#105661 Jun 15, 2013
HOLLYWOOD GUN-CONTROLLERS HAVE MET THEIR MATCH
Fresh voice takes on firearm hypocrisy in Tinseltown

Hollywood and TV celebrities like Sylvester Stallone – of “Rambo” fame and his most recent “Bullet to the Head” film – have repeatedly urged Americans to demand passage of new gun-control laws.

But does that sound like hypocrisy, coming from movie stars who have made millions shooting people on screen and who hire armed bodyguards?

It does to Colion Noir.

Noir, who also calls himself “The Urban Gun Enthusiast,” is one of the National Rifle Association’s newest video news commentators.

In a video called “Hollywood Hypocrites,” Noir blasts the celebrities of the silver screen for “shooting people in the face with machine guns” during their work week, then pushing for gun-control laws on their weekends.

“No one’s saying celebrities can’t have an opinion,” Noir states,“but hypocrisy is hypocrisy.

“These celebs literally use people with guns to protect themselves, but are trying to tell us we can’t use guns to protect ourselves,” he continues.“You can’t be pro-body guard with a gun for you and anti-gun for us. It just doesn’t make any sense.”

His message concludes with a zinger:“You’re opinion against guns means nothing when you built your fortune based on the glorification of violence.”

Watch the video commentary itself at the top of this article.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/06/hollywood-gun-cont...
Son Of Spam

Winchester, KY

#105662 Jun 15, 2013
A Question for the Jurors:
Is George Zimmerman Evil?

The trial of George Zimmerman for shooting and killing Travyon Martin has begun with the selection of jurors. It promises to be a spectacle where dividing lines of race, as well as competing notions of what constitutes “justice”, will play out on a national and global stage.

The public debate over George Zimmerman’s innocence, and the a priori assumption by no small number of white folks (and some others), that an unarmed teenager named Trayvon Martin fleeing for his life from a stalker somehow posed an existential threat, is a reminder of how black people are viewed as inherently violent and dangerous. Historically, and in the present, this attitude has excused all form and manner of violence.

Black teens walking down the street can legitimately be shot dead, because as Fox News notes they have a “street attitude." Rodney King, a man beaten and subdued by almost a dozen police officers, was viewed as somehow “threatening” to men armed with guns, batons, and tazers. Black young people who are walking while holding a puppy in their arms can be beaten and choked by police because of “dehumanizing stares”—apparently this is a superpower that only black people possess, along with the ability to transform candy, ice tea, and other harmless objects such as wallets, cell phones, and house keys into deadly weapons.

In trying to work through the legal puzzle that is George Zimmerman’s shooting of Trayvon Martin and the absurdity of what has come to be known as “Stand Your Ground” laws, basic questions about human nature have not been asked.

I will remedy that oversight.

Thus, my question.

Is George Zimmerman evil?

This is not an appeal to religion and god. Nor, is this question about a red man with horns and a pitchfork who punishes sinners, or a some deity who sits up in the sky rendering judgment on people’s deeds be they good or bad.

The evil I speak of is the banality and mindlessness of taking another life without the thought of consequence or action. This evil is indifferent. This type of evil also imagines itself as the victim and the unfairly persecuted.

For example, in Errol Morris’ TV series "First Person", he interviews the world famous forensic psychologist Dr. Michael Stone.

There, Dr. Stone describes evil-doers in the following way: "The interesting thing about evil is that those who commit it do not often think of it as evil...other people think of it as evil."

The valorizing of George Zimmerman by the Right-wing media and its public, and how he seems to be genuinely surprised at the consequences of vigilante murder, would seem to fit Dr. Stone’s observation quite well.

Philosophical and moral questions of what constitutes good and evil are necessarily complex, nuanced, complicated, difficult, and provocative. This should not prevent us from trying to develop criteria for deciding if a person, from a clinical perspective, is evil.

As a helpful aid, Dr. Stone has developed a scale he describes as "The Gradations of Evil"that lists in ascending order 22 degrees and types of evil.

His scale includes two measures which I suggest are apt descriptions for George Zimmerman on the night he killed Trayvon Martin.

Number 4 "includes those who have killed in self-defense, but had been extremely provocative toward the victim for that to happen."

This result would make George Zimmerman an "impulsive murderer" on Dr. Stone's scale.

Number 12 are power-hungry psychopaths who kill when they are ‘cornered.’

This result would make George Zimmerman a "semi-psychopath" on Dr. Stone's scale.

http://www.alternet.org/speakeasy/chaunceydev...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#105663 Jun 15, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Easier to answer ...
What haven't you lied about!
:)
No seriously. What did I lie about?

American Lady

Danville, KY

#105664 Jun 15, 2013
MUCH ABOUT HISTORY
SUBMERGED SEA OF GALILEE STRUCTURE STUMPS ARCHEOLOGISTS

'We only know it is there, it is huge and it is unusual'

The monumental structure, made of boulders and stones with a diameter of 70 meters (230 feet), emerged from a routine sonar scan in 2003. Now archaeologists are trying to raise money to allow them access to the submerged stones.

Read the full story ›[below
http://www.wnd.com/2013/06/submerged-sea-of-g...

Submerged structure stumps archeologists
Antiquity that could reveal secrets of ancient life in Middle East discovered at bottom of Sea of Galilee, leaving Israeli researchers stranded on dry land, wondering what finds lurk below

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-438...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#105666 Jun 15, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
No seriously. What did I lie about?
piss off poxistanny :)
DONE!

Location hidden

#105667 Jun 15, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
Teabaggers vs. Grand Party of No...love it when they eat their own. Glad we DEMS are a loyal, united, party of ONE...and oh yeah, the MAJORITY.
CLINTON/CHRISTIE 2016
Clinton/Christie I love that idea.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#105668 Jun 15, 2013
Joseph Goebbels would love Lindsey Graham

US raises false flag on Syria

Obama is going down the same path as did Bush for the 2003 invasion of Iraq. He is being backed by the usual war-mongers like Senators John McCain and Lindsay Graham who are calling on the US to provide "lethal assistance, especially ammunition and heavy weapons" to Syria’s rebels.”

The warmongers go even further and are demanding the help of crony allies as happened with Iraq.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/06/14/30898...
Son Of Spam

Winchester, KY

#105669 Jun 15, 2013
HEY I only posted the Zimman post once.
Remove one please. And thank you for your support.

Location hidden

#105670 Jun 15, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
piss off poxistanny :)
DONE!
I thought so. You are the liar. Liar.
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#105671 Jun 15, 2013
American Lady wrote:
2 BLACK DEMS BECOME REPUBLICANS
Star Parker[A Black Lady] tells of Louisianans rejecting left-wing agenda for minority community
Anyone who doubts that the Republican Party can attract black voters need only look south to Louisiana.
At a conference held in Baton Rouge at the end of May, called @Large and aimed to attract black conservatives, a black Democratic member of the Louisiana Legislature, Elbert Guillary, announced that he was switching parties and becoming a Republican.
Less than two weeks later, just up the road in Central City, La., black Democrat city Councilman Ralph Washington, who attended this same @Large conference, made the same announcement – he’s becoming a Republican.
It’s really not such a mystery. The mystery is why this is not happening more often.
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/06/2-black-dems-becom...
Larry Bohannon a day ago
Excellent news Star!!! I have always been puzzled why so many Christians who are black support the democrat party. It is an undeniable truth that the democrat party is directly responsible for the brutal killing of 55 million American babies by abortionists since 1973. This includes 16.5 million American black babies. I think that at the time of judgment, any unrepentant person who ever voted for democrats since 1973 will be judged harshly by the Lord of the universe.
Most Black people believe in God ...
That was raised RIGHT that is!
HAHAHA, that is hilarious A Loon, is that all you could find on your favorite right wingednutdrama.com . Must of been the pizza man inspiration eh? haha Oh I bet Hillary would be worried. But, then again, that shit you repukes sling about immigration reform is all about making 11 million immigrants into Dems, you better get your two parties to re-inventing because you will have a lot of catching up to do. hahaha

Lose two Dems and gain 11 million....PRICELESS.

lmao at your silliness. I think you need to go take your meds and try to get some rest. Your baaaaaing goat girl needs you. Still got her locked up in the barn? lol
American Lady

Danville, KY

#105672 Jun 15, 2013
Ahmadinejad - OUT
Hassan Rohani - IN

Hassan Rohani has won Iran's 11th presidential election following a vote that saw a massive popular turnout on June 14.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/06/15/30916...
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#105673 Jun 15, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton/Christie I love that idea.
Me too. He should change parties. He would make a great VP and he could stick it to his fellow parties traitors for shunning him over Sandy Relief gratitude and worrying about his people he represents and their well being, rather than the warped GRAND OLD PARTY of NO and their teabagging Congressman hate for the PRESIDENT. He sure has been hanging out with the Clintons and more Dems these days. I say Come on over to LIGHT Chris. lol

Good comebacks on the Lemming tools and their Queen Loon.:)
Son Of Spam

Winchester, KY

#105674 Jun 15, 2013
Tea Party's Idea of Joke: "Shoot" Senator Who Supports Immigration

Right-wing extremists see no need to dial back violent rhetoric.

In a Tea Party-sponsored conference call held on Wednesday night, a participant called for the assassination of Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) over her support for immigration reform. Prominent conservative policymakers Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL)’s communications director Stephen Miller and Heritage Foundation research fellow Robert Rector also joined the call, hosted by the conservative Eagle Forum group.

The most jarring and unexpected moment of the night was when the moderator opened up the phone lines to callers:

BOB FROM MAINE: I’m from Maine and our Tea Party will be meeting up next week. What is the best way that we can get our senator to listen to us?

ANOTHER CALLER: Shoot her.[laughter]

MODERATOR: Yes, we will shoot her with…(inaudible) and phone calls.

After the anonymous statement was made, no one on the call voiced their opposition. Instead, the threat was met with laughter and “oohs.”(At the time of the incident, Sessions’ communications director had apparently left the call.) Calling for the assassination of a senator is a federal crime punishable by five years of jail and may require a Secret Service investigation.

Collins was the sole Republican to co-sponsor Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-VT)’s withdrawn amendment that would allow bi-national, same sex couples to petition for immigrant visas for their significant others.

Despite the “joking” nature of the caller, this is not the first time that Tea Partiers have made explicit threats toward government officials. A Tea Partier once threatened a state senator for supporting a bill he believed would lead to government seizure of land, and famed Tea Partier Glenn Beck also called for the use of Special Ops to incite a revolution.

http://www.alternet.org/tea-partys-idea-joke-...

Since: Dec 11

#105675 Jun 15, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
What have I lied about?
And how is my profile relevant? Please elaborate.
I don't recall saying I wanted you to die but I may have said go find traffic and play in it?? Ah. Either way. I don't want you to die. I want you to live! You're just super wacked out and I can't help myself.
You never did show your table cloth and flag again!
That's just the first lie I saw TODAY!
Son Of Spam

Winchester, KY

#105676 Jun 15, 2013
Study: "Spiritual" People More Likely to Commit Crimes than Atheists
Atheists also less likely to be mentally troubled, suffer anxiety and have phobias.

June 13, 2013
Young people who consider themselves “spiritual but not religious” are more likely to commit property crimes than those who identify as just “religious” or “spiritual and religious,” according to one study from Baylor University, a Baptist institution.

Researchers surveyed participants to see how often they had committed crimes in the previous 12 months, and found that loosey-goosey spiritual types (just kidding! you’re great!) were more likely to commit vandalism, theft and burglary than religious people; the study also found that agnostics and atheists were less likely than spiritual people to commit such crimes.
“Calling oneself ‘spiritual but not religious’ turned out to more of an antisocial characteristic, unlike identifying oneself as religious,” said Baylor researcher Aaron Franzen, a doctoral candidate and study co-author.

It is a hard time to be spiritual, scientifically speaking: researchers from University College London recently found that that this group is more prone to “anxiety disorders, phobias and neuroses” than atheists, agnostics and religious people.

http://www.alternet.org/religious-people-more...

Location hidden

#105677 Jun 15, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
You never did show your table cloth and flag again!
That's just the first lie I saw TODAY!
Okay Goobertron, there's my old photo. So??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 12 min 62656sss 1,430
Slush pup 20 min Been there 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 38 min Mike Duquette 130,528
joann gregory 2 hr Go Figure 4
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 2 hr Advertisment 26,226
Flat Lick Auction 4 hr Question 8
C is for Cookie 5 hr Waldorf and Statler 1
Roger Vanover trying to buy perscription medici... (May '12) 7 hr Girl 40
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search