'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 20 comments on the Oct 1, 2010, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Randal Conn

Ashland, KY

#105764 Jun 16, 2013
American Lady wrote:
WHY was THIS deleted?
AFRAID of the TRUTH, I presume.
Because it makes TOO much sense!
``````````
American Lady
Danville, KY
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#105753 - minutes ago
THIS CRAP is JUST WRONG!
No REASONing to it!
EDUCATION IS BADLY NEEDED ...
along with some "soul searching" ...
Postings from Sanford: The Trial of Trayvon's Killer, The People's Demand for Justice
Storm Brewing in Sanford
On the day that we arrived, we talked with two men outside a barbershop here in Sanford. One of the men described the situation here—the police harassment and the years of dehumanization faced by Black people.
He talked about the police stopping and
---harassing his white boss for driving him home from work.---
"I'm Black and he's white. <<--<<<
He's in a Black neighborhood, so they assume he's buying drugs, but even when they know he's not, they f***ed with him."
These are the types of stories you hear around here. There is so much still simmering under the surface.
http://www.revcom.us/a/307/storm-brewing-in-s...
George Zimmerman trial wrap-up, Day 1
Seminole County is a suburb of the Orlando metropolitan area and many in the community are very disturbed by the previous presence of protesters ranging from Black Panthers to White Supremacy groups. Different groups from all forms of agendas have flooded Sanford, Florida (where the shooting happened) and areas all over central Florida.
Famous figures such as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are a few celebrities among many who have traveled to this area to voice their opinion. The media circus has caused just about everyone in the area to worry about what is going on and begs the question, "Can George Zimmerman get a fair trial from an impartial jury in Seminole County?" If the defense feels that they cannot find an impartial jury in this area, they may ask the judge for a change of venue to somewhere they can.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/georgezimmerman...
Don't they REALIZE ...
THIS IS a "tragedy"
waiting to happen???????
where is 'their dear leader' in ALL this ...
TRYING to "soothe" the nation?
Hiding and/OR on vacation!
Our leader is very busy right now with vacation plans,and can't be bothered with scandals and the Zimmerman trial. He's getting ready to take a vacation to Africa which according to sources will cost Tax payers ONE MILLION DOLLARS.Hotels and meals for all his security. It was very good of him to decide not take the Safari, that will save tons of $$$$$. God Bless and save the USA!!!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#105765 Jun 16, 2013
Randal Conn wrote:
<quoted text>
Our leader is very busy right now with vacation plans,and can't be bothered with scandals and the Zimmerman trial. He's getting ready to take a vacation to Africa which according to sources will cost Tax payers ONE MILLION DOLLARS.Hotels and meals for all his security. It was very good of him to decide not take the Safari, that will save tons of $$$$$. God Bless and save the USA!!!
Yeah ... Isn't he 'presidential'...
I just wrote about that on another forum :)
``````````

Document: Major resources needed for Obama Africa trip

The first family is making back-to-back stops from June 26 to July 3 in three countries where U.S. officials are providing nearly all the resources,

rather than

depending heavily on local police forces, military authorities or hospitals for assistance.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obamas...

4:59 PM EDT
Africa. Hope they all get stranded there. That's where they need to go anyway and stay. America is tired of these cockroaches.

VirginianforFreedom
6/13/2013 4:44 PM EDT
Now we know why Obama closed down the White House tours. He was saving the money for this $100,000,000 boondoggle to Africa.

worriedmom1
3:58 PM EDT
He will wave at us with his middle finger as he boards Airforce One. Just as he did during the election season of 08..it's on you tube.

Mike ...
3:57 PM EDT
I love this trip, it sends the right message. You see WP, Bush didn't go to Africa after totaling up 7 trillion in new debt, with 49 million on food stamps with 12 million on disability, with workforce participation rates at 33 year lows, under the worse post recession recovery in history while claiming sequester was going to kill old people.. Joke is you koolaid drinking fools, 2014 is just around the corner..

worriedmom1
3:56 PM EDT
I've given up my whole life, lifestyle, livelihood, vacations for the Obama's! All of us should... for he is the King!!!
We must give our lives and fortune for him!!!

twoiron1
3:21 PM EDT
Meanwhile, do you suppose Obongo is giving even $20 a month to support his brother who lives in a one-room hut in Kenya on income of $240 per year? Don't bet on it.

Observer001
3:59 PM EDT
mom, you're delusional. Seriously.[don't think so]

Observer001
mom, you're delusional. Seriously.[you're the delusional one]
American Lady

Danville, KY

#105767 Jun 16, 2013
Respectfully ...

Chapter 5

How to Be an Effective Listener
[and I feel debater ... Instead of being like the ONES on here AND the talking HEADS on TV]]

The first four chapters discussed the need for effective listening, fallacies about listening, the process of listening, and the types of listening. They provided the background you need to improve your listening skills. This chapter is a prescriptive one. It offers practical suggestions on how to be a better listener.

While there are many ways to construct a list of suggestions, we will consider them in terms of what works best in three major categories:

1. What you think about listening.

2. What you feel about listening.

3. What you do about listening.

You can learn to listen effectively; look now at the components of that learning: thinking, feeling, doing.

What You Think about Listening

Knowing the fallacies about listening can keep you from being trapped by them. Knowing that the process involves more than just receiving messages will help you focus on not just receiving, but the other components as well. Recognizing the five major types of listening will help you to consciously direct your energies toward

the type of listening required ... for the circumstance of the moment....

*Building your vocabulary will improve your conversational skills and your reading skills as well as your listening skills. And the more words you learn, the better listener you will become.

What You Feel about Listening

2. Delay judgment.[In other words USE tact!] There are times when you must be a critical or judgmental listener. You must weigh the merits of what the speaker is saying. At times, you must make crucial decisions based on what you hear. There are also times when you must judge the speaker. Job interviews, campaign promises, speech contests—all are examples of where judgment of the speaker is important. The problem is, though, that you may be judgmental when you shouldn’t be.

You may ...judge the --speaker-- instead of the content, or you may form judgments before the speaker has finished.

3. Admit your biases. Let’s face it: Everyone is human! We all have likes and dislikes; some things turn us on, others turn us off. These characteristics are natural and to be expected. The problem comes when we let our biases—our likes and dislikes—get in the way of understanding the speaker’s message.
6. Encourage others to talk. This point applies to those situations in which you find yourself “one-on-one,” in a small group discussion, or any other setting that requires exchanges of vocal[*typing on forums] communication. But you can’t listen if no one is talking. The first two guidelines of this section (communicating that you want to listen and being willing to delay judgment) are sources of encouragement to speakers. The discussion below covers several other things you can do.

a. Stop talking[typing]. You can’t listen[READ] if you’re talking[typing]???

d. Empathize[UNDERSTAND] with the speaker. Put yourself in the speaker’s place; this will help you understand the message.

4. Avoid "negative" mannerisms.

6. Follow the Golden Rule. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/kline-lis...
RogerThat

AOL

#105768 Jun 16, 2013

Walking CLOSELY to the Lord ?..checklist>>

http://youtu.be/xaRDEqO7_TE

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#105769 Jun 16, 2013
Nuke islime wrote:
<quoted text>
I would love to wipe my ass on that rag, while I piss on a Queeron and a picture of Mohfaged! HaHaHa!
Considering you and I both know that you'd never say such a thing to a Muslim face, I am not offended.

Rage on, bigot!
(secretly, behind a computer)
wtf

Glasgow, KY

#105770 Jun 16, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering you and I both know that you'd never say such a thing to a Muslim face, I am not offended.
Rage on, bigot!
I bet a lot of people would have wished that someone would have called out the Boston Bombing Brothers like that and maybe their family members killed by those disgusting Muslims would still be alive and others would still have their arms and legs they were born with.
Nuke islime

Johnson City, TN

#105771 Jun 16, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Rage on, bigot!
I would love nothing better than saying it to any of you scum, in person! I promise you that is the truth! God bless the JEW!
ObamaDontCare

United States

#105772 Jun 16, 2013
http://www.globalresearch.ca/kosovo-s-mafia-s...

KOSOVO'S "MAFIA STATE" AND CAMP BONDSTEEL US MILITARY PRESENCE IN SOUTHEAST EUROPE.

Hillary Clinton very 'comfortable' with Albanian Muslim P.M. of Kosovo.
This is what you call "REALLY" dirty politics.
TimeWillTell

Bowling Green, KY

#105773 Jun 16, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah ... Isn't he 'presidential'...
I just wrote about that on another forum :)
``````````
Document: Major resources needed for Obama Africa trip
The first family is making back-to-back stops from June 26 to July 3 in three countries where U.S. officials are providing nearly all the resources,
rather than
depending heavily on local police forces, military authorities or hospitals for assistance.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obamas...
4:59 PM EDT
Africa. Hope they all get stranded there. That's where they need to go anyway and stay. America is tired of these cockroaches.
VirginianforFreedom
6/13/2013 4:44 PM EDT
Now we know why Obama closed down the White House tours. He was saving the money for this $100,000,000 boondoggle to Africa.
worriedmom1
3:58 PM EDT
He will wave at us with his middle finger as he boards Airforce One. Just as he did during the election season of 08..it's on you tube.
Mike ...
3:57 PM EDT
I love this trip, it sends the right message. You see WP, Bush didn't go to Africa after totaling up 7 trillion in new debt, with 49 million on food stamps with 12 million on disability, with workforce participation rates at 33 year lows, under the worse post recession recovery in history while claiming sequester was going to kill old people.. Joke is you koolaid drinking fools, 2014 is just around the corner..
worriedmom1
3:56 PM EDT
I've given up my whole life, lifestyle, livelihood, vacations for the Obama's! All of us should... for he is the King!!!
We must give our lives and fortune for him!!!
twoiron1
3:21 PM EDT
Meanwhile, do you suppose Obongo is giving even $20 a month to support his brother who lives in a one-room hut in Kenya on income of $240 per year? Don't bet on it.
Observer001
mom, you're delusional. Seriously.[don't think so]
Observer001
mom, you're delusional. Seriously.[you're the delusional one]
So were you upset when Bush went to Africa and did take the family out on a safari? Hypocrite much?
TimeWillTell

Bowling Green, KY

#105774 Jun 16, 2013
Nuke islime wrote:
<quoted text>
Wipe the filth of islime from the planet! Leave 100,000 as slaves to the Jew!
Any difference between you being an American Taliban and the Islamic Taliban. Both of you have visions of world war with God on your side.

Location hidden

#105775 Jun 16, 2013
Nuke islime wrote:
<quoted text>
I would love nothing better than saying it to any of you scum, in person! I promise you that is the truth! God bless the JEW!
I promise you that is a lie! You wish you had the balls!

(And yes, God bless the Jew)
Big Ein

UK

#105776 Jun 16, 2013
Who cares
American Lady

Danville, KY

#105777 Jun 16, 2013
TimeWillTell wrote:
<quoted text>Any difference between you being an American Taliban and the Islamic Taliban. Both of you have visions of world war with God on your side.
They have the "rest of the WORLD" to worship their WAY!
THEY DO NOT need to DO IT in America!

That is WHY the Pilgrims came to America to GET AWAY FROM "religious persecution" ...

READ your WORLD & American History!

dumchit!

Location hidden

#105778 Jun 16, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet a lot of people would have wished that someone would have called out the Boston Bombing Brothers like that and maybe their family members killed by those disgusting Muslims would still be alive and others would still have their arms and legs they were born with.
I know, I know, American victims are the only real victims.

Location hidden

#105779 Jun 16, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
They have the "rest of the WORLD" to worship their WAY!
THEY DO NOT need to DO IT in America!
That is WHY the Pilgrims came to America to GET AWAY FROM "religious persecution" ...
READ your WORLD & American History!
dumchit!
Muslims can and will practice Islam where they please.

And you can do nothing to stop it.

;)
ObamaDontCare

United States

#105780 Jun 16, 2013
...when Clinton decided to bomb Yugoslavia for 78 days, he knew Osama Bin Laden had Bosnian passport and supported mujahadeen Muslim terrorists in Bosnia. Bosnian (Muslim president - Isetbegovich) had meeting with Osama Bin Laden.
Osama Bin Laden was even in Kosovo and supported Kosovo Liberation Army, Muslim terrorist group with their leader Hashim Thaci.
How "comfortable" Hillary is with Muslim terrorist Hashim Thaci...?

Hashim Thaci - Prime Minister of Kosovo got his job, through the U.S. State dept. and not via "FREE" democratic Kosovo election.

Right, Hillary didn't know anything about Benghazi
either, like she didn't know anything about this new scandal of drugs and prostitution. "MADAM" Hillary - you are full of it!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#105781 Jun 16, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
;)
Won't have to ...
God & His Christian Soldiers will :)

Libera - Onward Christian Soldiers
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#105782 Jun 16, 2013
TimeWillTell wrote:
<quoted text>So were you upset when Bush went to Africa and did take the family out on a safari? Hypocrite much?
Beyond increasing aid to Africa, Bush has met with nearly three dozen African heads of state during his six years in office. He visited Africa in his first term, and aides say he hopes to make a return visit next year.

Although some activists criticize Bush for not doing more to end the ongoing genocide in the Darfur region of Sudan, others credit him for playing a role in ending deadly conflicts in Liberia, the Congo and other parts of Sudan. Meanwhile, Bush has overseen a steady rise in U.S. trade with Africa, which has doubled since 2001.

"He should be known for increasing -- doubling development assistance and tripling it to Africa after a period in which U.S. development assistance was essentially flat for decades," Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said in a recent interview with the Associated Press. "He should be known for the largest single investment in AIDS and malaria, the biggest health investment of any government program ever."

To many longtime Africa supporters, all of this is surprising for a president who is often criticized as lacking curiosity about much of the world and who heads a political party traditionally skeptical of the efficacy of foreign aid.
ObamaDontCare

United States

#105783 Jun 16, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
;)
Pea brain, Americans are NOT against Islam, we are all against Muslim fanatics, which all happened to kill in the name of Allah...all happened to be Islamic SCUM! Get it?
"Allah Akbar" BOOM! "I'm going to kill myself so I can kill you too"..."Allah will reward me with 72 virgins" ...right? Is that what you people do?
ObamaDontCare

United States

#105784 Jun 16, 2013
IRS is targeting Conservatives, Churches, what about liberals, Mosques or Muslim groups, anyone?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 min What if 136,187
billy gambrel 2 hr katie 3
Stacy keys and Pablo from 2 Amigos 10 hr yoyo1346 13
Jeff & Jamie Mays (Jul '11) 10 hr looking for Jeff 15
Does anyone know Chico Eversole ? 10 hr Farmer 2
Teacher arrested 12 hr Dd 4
Lisa and Teresa Vaughn twins 16 hr hmmm 6
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]