'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
92,941 - 92,960 of 151,518 Comments Last updated 13 min ago
ObamaDontCare

United States

#104918 Jun 13, 2013
countrygirl wrote:
<quoted text> yes, you're an idiot too. don't have to
explain Jack shit to your punk ass. but guess what
I write for a living. trained to write as least as possible, and get my point across. and yes you
to are jealous of the POTUS, from day one.
so keep on hating. how far has that gotten
you?
Nice goat, nice goat, calm down...
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#104919 Jun 13, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Beck has made you stupid. Her issues had nothing to do with ObamaCare dumbass.
Educate yourself outside of crazy untrue republican 'news' sites.
They mislead you and make you out to be a fool.
And btw.... She got the transplant.... So either way, you lose this one.
Grasping much??
Never listen to Beck- don`t know where he is.And you missed the point-there had to be a law suit and all the news media get on the death panel to allow the transplant.So, my dippy friend, better understand more before you spout off.
It could be with Obama Care, when it is implemented, this will be the only way we can get the proper treatment. Don`t be a dipstick.

No one has any right to decide what medical one needs except the Dr. and you!!!
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#104920 Jun 13, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a dumb Republican, I thought you were looking for an equal to debate.
I will interject anyway; Flat Tax is a "Republican" idea.
If you are truly interested in GOP ideas and legislative proposals you might visit the website of the Majority Leader?
Republicans have a plan that lays the groundwork for a stronger economy and a brighter future for all Americans. It includes some simple things most of us can agree on, some tough choices, and a lot of common sense. These conservative solutions will help create new jobs today, make life work for families across the country, and expand opportunity for everyone – without expanding government.
Here’s how we’d do it:
Energy Independence
An "all of the above" approach that expands American energy production will help create jobs, boost manufacturing, and make energy more affordable.
Lowering Health Care Costs & Bolstering Research
Repealing ObamaCare, enacting patient-centered reforms, and eliminating wasteful government spending so we can focus on disease and disorder research will improve care, and bring down the costs that strain families and make it harder for small businesses to hire.
Expanding Education Opportunity
Reforming federal education policies to empower parents with choice and equal opportunity to seek great teachers and schools, and improve access to college and training, will better prepare students for tomorrow’s job market.
Simplifying the Tax Code
A simpler, flatter tax code without all the loopholes will be fairer for everyone, bring jobs home, and help make American innovators and manufacturers more competitive.
Controlling Spending
Stopping wasteful spending, strengthening priorities like Medicare, and replacing the president’s sequester with smarter cuts and reforms that help us balance the budget – just like families do – will help pay down our debt and preserve the American Dream.
Fostering Innovation
Keeping the Internet free from government regulation, stopping cyber-attacks while protecting our privacy, and modernizing our laws will help promote technological innovation and entrepreneurship.
Reforming Immigration & Border Security
Securing our borders, enforcing our laws, and making the process of becoming a legal immigrant fairer and more efficient will help America remain a magnet for the brightest minds and hardest workers.
Reining in Red Tape
Removing artificial government barriers and red tape will preserve and strengthen Americans’ ability to build, grow, and compete with anyone.
Expanding Markets for Manufacturers & Small Businesses
Opening new markets for American-made goods will help lower prices for consumers, create better, higher-paying jobs for workers, and attract new investments in the United States.
Stopping Waste & Fixing Broken Government
Responsible oversight of government operations will help remove obstacles to growth and ensure accountability for taxpayers.
(if you follow the link below, the hyperlinks are in the above synopsis).
http://www.gop.gov/jobs/
Assuming we are not informed is your first mistake, it may be the ultimate flaw in your reasoning. When you underestimate us...you overestimate your own ability.
Thanks ARI-- well said!!Worth repeating!!
ObamaDontCare

United States

#104921 Jun 13, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Night Z ...
Sorry you had to 'witness' this ...
Good morning AL...!

Don't care about liberal loonies ...
Don't apologize dear, this people don't want to debate, attacks is the only thing they know ...
They learn from their president, calling opposition the enemy, "VOTE FOR REVENGE"...!
The Bard

Newport, UK

#104923 Jun 13, 2013
<quoted text>
I am a unique writer; therefore I use my punctuation as it should be, to create a pause as if it were my actual voice complete with inflection and tone. I create many effects with my "style"...
Some of my grammar/punctuation may not be perfect, but that's my prerogative as the writer.
I do use precise spelling and grammar when writing for business communications and or school.
Microsoft Word Professional Plus is my proof reader; I don't usually wax pedantic, I highly doubt you or any of your cohorts have used any version of Microsoft Word! Country Girl is a simpleton.
My Portfolio was offered as a wager, in a manner you could not twist and deny! You chickened out...so STFU!
Now we can either debate issues of substance (where you always lose, or we can bicker less meaningful crap.
What say you Cornholio?
7 Paragraphs
144 words
671 characters
In 15 lines.

Just a feeble attempt to tell the readers of Topix (the all so critically acclaimed topix) that you are a unique writer?
Everyone is a unique writer you simpleton.

If I were to grade this pathetic rambling of yours it would receive a D- for grammar and content.

As far as you waxing pedantic, I laugh out loud at you, you silly fool.
Me thinks you should keep your day job of washing and waxing autos.

Continue on with your over abundance of copy/paste material here on Topix and stop pretending to be something you never will.

WS
Brad

Manchester, CT

#104924 Jun 13, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Beck has made you stupid. Her issues had nothing to do with ObamaCare dumbass.
Educate yourself outside of crazy untrue republican 'news' sites.
They mislead you and make you out to be a fool.
And btw.... She got the transplant.... So either way, you lose this one.
Grasping much??
Someone lives,someone dies.

It has everything to do with Oblamercare when bureaucrats play God.

Get used to picking up your psych meds at the court house.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#104926 Jun 13, 2013
The Lord's Prayer

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy Name.
Thy kingdom come.
THY WILL BE DONE,
on Earth
as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but DELIVER US FROM EVIL.

For Thine is the kingdom
and the POWER
and the glory,
forever and ever.

Amen †

Ephesians 6:12
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

Armour of God Prayer
Heavenly father I am ready to take my stand against the powers of darkness. Please help me to stand against the spiritual forces of Evil that want to destroy my Country, my family, and me...

The Helmet of Salvation
The Breastplate of Righteousness
The Belt of Truth
The Gospel of Peace
The Shield of Faith
Sword of the Spirit

I will pray persistently for my "fellow believers" in the authority of Jesus' name, deeded to me according to my Faith...

In Jesus' name I pray...
Amen <3

"I pledge allegiance to the flag
of the United States of America,
and to the republic
for which it stands,
one nation
under God,
indivisible,
with liberty and justice for all."
The Bard

Newport, UK

#104927 Jun 13, 2013
<quoted text>
I am not a dumb Republican, I thought you were looking for an equal to debate.
I will interject anyway; Flat Tax is a "Republican" idea.
If you are truly interested in GOP ideas and legislative proposals you might visit the website of the Majority Leader?
Republicans have a plan that lays the groundwork for a stronger economy and a brighter future for all Americans. It includes some simple things most of us can agree on, some tough choices, and a lot of common sense. These conservative solutions will help create new jobs today, make life work for families across the country, and expand opportunity for everyone – without expanding government.
Here’s how we’d do it:
Energy Independence
An "all of the above" approach that expands American energy production will help create jobs, boost manufacturing, and make energy more affordable.
Lowering Health Care Costs & Bolstering Research
Repealing ObamaCare, enacting patient-centered reforms, and eliminating wasteful government spending so we can focus on disease and disorder research will improve care, and bring down the costs that strain families and make it harder for small businesses to hire.
Expanding Education Opportunity
Reforming federal education policies to empower parents with choice and equal opportunity to seek great teachers and schools, and improve access to college and training, will better prepare students for tomorrow’s job market.
Simplifying the Tax Code
A simpler, flatter tax code without all the loopholes will be fairer for everyone, bring jobs home, and help make American innovators and manufacturers more competitive.
Controlling Spending
Stopping wasteful spending, strengthening priorities like Medicare, and replacing the president’s sequester with smarter cuts and reforms that help us balance the budget – just like families do – will help pay down our debt and preserve the American Dream.
Fostering Innovation
Keeping the Internet free from government regulation, stopping cyber-attacks while protecting our privacy, and modernizing our laws will help promote technological innovation and entrepreneurship.
Reforming Immigration & Border Security
Securing our borders, enforcing our laws, and making the process of becoming a legal immigrant fairer and more efficient will help America remain a magnet for the brightest minds and hardest workers.
Reining in Red Tape
Removing artificial government barriers and red tape will preserve and strengthen Americans’ ability to build, grow, and compete with anyone.
Expanding Markets for Manufacturers & Small Businesses
Opening new markets for American-made goods will help lower prices for consumers, create better, higher-paying jobs for workers, and attract new investments in the United States.
Stopping Waste & Fixing Broken Government
Responsible oversight of government operations will help remove obstacles to growth and ensure accountability for taxpayers.
(if you follow the link below, the hyperlinks are in the above synopsis).
http://www.gop.gov/jobs/
Assuming we are not informed is your first mistake, it may be the ultimate flaw in your reasoning. When you underestimate us...you overestimate your own ability.
I concur you are not a dumb Republican.
There is no need for you to reference a party affiliation.

You Mam, are just quite simply dumb.
No party required.

WS

Since: Dec 11

#104928 Jun 13, 2013
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
Never listen to Beck- don`t know where he is.And you missed the point-there had to be a law suit and all the news media get on the death panel to allow the transplant.So, my dippy friend, better understand more before you spout off.
It could be with Obama Care, when it is implemented, this will be the only way we can get the proper treatment. Don`t be a dipstick.
No one has any right to decide what medical one needs except the Dr. and you!!!
Well said my friend, he simply parrots the MSNBC talking points.
Without the ability to reason and use critical thinking they must rely on a MaddCow to lead them. Will we be able to rid America of Obama care? I hope sooner rather than later!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#104930 Jun 13, 2013
Jeffrey Immelt, the jobs czar from hell

The New York Times reported last month that General Electric earned $14.2 billion in international profits, including,$5.1 billion in the United States. Yet GE did not pay a dime in federal income taxes last year. Oddly, President Obama chose GE Chairman and Chief Executive Jeffrey Immelt to head his President's Council on Jobs and Competitiveness.

According to the Associated Press, Immelt's compensation package doubled to $15.2 million last year, while this year GE is seeking major concessions from the unions that represent its shrinking American workforce. That makes Immelt the wrong guy for the job of jobs czar.

http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/saunders/articl...

GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt, The Head Of Obama’s Jobs Council, Is Moving Jobs And Economic Infrastructure To China At A Blistering Pace

GE is supposed to be creating the "jobs of tomorrow", but it seems that most of the "jobs of tomorrow" will not be located inside the United States.

The last GE factory in the U.S. that made light bulbs closed last September. The transition to the new CFL light bulbs was supposed to create a whole bunch of those "green jobs" that Barack Obama keeps talking about, but as an article in the Washington Post noted, that simply is not happening....

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/g...

Since: Oct 08

Stanford

#104931 Jun 13, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
When did they CHANGE the premise of public forums? You post your opinion and people reply with their opinions...right?
Prosecute the George W Obama cartel/crime family!!!
Ahhhh, another wingnut parrot! HUYA!

Prosecute the bush cartel/crime family!

TIR
ObamaDontCare

United States

#104932 Jun 13, 2013
Jay wrote:
Impeach Obama Rally Causes 10 Mile Traffic Jam
Carlsbad Patch reports on a Tea Party coordinated “Impeach Obama” demonstration that occured on a Southern California overpass and caused traffic to backup at least ten miles, as the organizer apologized for "any small inconvenience" drivers may have dealt with.
The protesters stood on an overpass Saturday waving to motorists in the Interstate 5 southbound lanes of Carlsbad, California. They flew American flags and showcased placards stating "Remember Benghazi," "Obama Lies" and "Amnesty Hell No!", the Patch noted.
The protest had a 10 a.m. setup and traffic reportedly began to slow around 12:15 p.m.-- stretching from under the Tamarack Rd. overpass to Camp Pendleton Marine Corps Base, ten miles distant.
Roger Ogden, a Tea Party activist involved with the protest issued this statement to the Patch via email:
I would say sorry for any small inconvenience they may have suffered. But it is also inconvenient to the entire nation to have a lawless president in office who murders American citizens without judicial process; wages illegal war without congressional approval required by the Constitution, including a terroristic drone war, which has killed about 5,000 people including many children and innocent bystanders in allied countries; dictates law by executive order and generally trashes the Constitution.
http://nation.foxnews.com/2013/06/12/impeach-...
http://carlsbad.patch.com/groups/around-town/...
Hi Jay!

Carlsbad is a nice town near the beach. I have friends in that town, most Europeans. They're all have they own business ...real estate, construction, rentals, restaurants, beautiful homes. YES they don't like what Obama is doing to this country. Obamacare is a disaster, economy, taxes increased. They all say, if Obama likes European lifestyle, he should move to Europe. WE ALL LOVE AMERICA THAT'S WHY WE ARE HERE AND NOT IN EUROPE!

Thanks Jay for that post!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#104933 Jun 13, 2013
Jobs Bills Stuck In The Senate - Democrat CONTROLLED

House Republicans have passed 40 jobs bills that are currently ***stuck in the Democrat controlled Senate.

Congressional Replacement of President Obama's Energy-Restricting and Job-Limiting Offshore Drilling Plan
H.R. 6082 - Senate has taken no action to date - controlled by reid

ETC...

http://majorityleader.gov/JobsTracker/

MrRogers
At what point in time does Washington get it? Your people say we must reform social security for example.
After you raided it and stole "OUR MONEY" not your money.
And now your giving it away to people that never put into it..perhaps its time to replace the congress and senate with common sense people.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to correct this problem.
And Obama is killing jobs every chance he gets.

He just put 20,000 people out of work.

Did you watch those jobs go up into space today? Simply amazing.

Stanford

#104934 Jun 13, 2013
whitehair wrote:
Since the lung problem of little Sarah has been on all the news--Would any of you that refused to admit that Obama Care had Death Panels now care to advise just what Sebelius was doing when she denied the children the lung transplant?
Of course you will deny it. but there it is for you to know it IS there!
Obama care is to blame huh? Ha! What a dipshit! HUYA!

Prosecute the bush cartel/crime family!

TIR
ObamaDontCare

United States

#104935 Jun 13, 2013
American Lady wrote:
The Lord's Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy Name.
Thy kingdom come.
THY WILL BE DONE,
on Earth
as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but DELIVER US FROM EVIL.
For Thine is the kingdom
and the POWER
and the glory,
forever and ever.
Amen †
Ephesians 6:12
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
Armour of God Prayer
Heavenly father I am ready to take my stand against the powers of darkness. Please help me to stand against the spiritual forces of Evil that want to destroy my Country, my family, and me...
The Helmet of Salvation
The Breastplate of Righteousness
The Belt of Truth
The Gospel of Peace
The Shield of Faith
Sword of the Spirit
I will pray persistently for my "fellow believers" in the authority of Jesus' name, deeded to me according to my Faith...
In Jesus' name I pray...
Amen <3
"I pledge allegiance to the flag
of the United States of America,
and to the republic
for which it stands,
one nation
under God,
indivisible,
with liberty and justice for all."
AMEN!
God bless AMERICA <3 !
American Lady

Danville, KY

#104936 Jun 13, 2013
The Bard wrote:
<quoted text>
I concur you are not a dumb Republican.
There is no need for you to reference a party affiliation.
You Mam, are just quite simply dumb.
No party required.
WS
You Mam, are just quite simply dumb...said the BardTARD ...

He is NO mam!
Are you having "gender" related issues?
Can't TELL the difference 'tween Mom & Dad ...

Yeah that's what happens in a QUEER world!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#104939 Jun 13, 2013
PASSED by the House in 2011
NOT touched by the Senate.
harry reid WILL NOT bring 'em to the Floor for a Vote ...
YET you libTARDS BLAME it on the Republicans ...

"We Can't Wait" for Senate Democrats to Pass the "Forgotten 15" for Jobs

Posted by Speaker Boehner Press OfficeOctober 30, 2011
The Republican Plan for America's Job Creators addresses our challenges "from the view of the small businesspeople," says Rep. Bobby Schilling (R-IL) in the Weekly Republican Address. He says the GOP jobs plan "works to clear out barriers to job creation by addressing excessive regulations, fixing our tax code and closing loopholes, and paying down our debt." Schilling also calls for quick action on the "forgotten 15" House-passed jobs bills gathering dust in the Democrat-led Senate. Watch the weekly address here and read more below:

- See more at: http://www.speaker.gov/general/we-cant-wait-s...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#104940 Jun 13, 2013
Not even close on cloture

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-tur...

dubious2
6/12/2013 6:32 PM EDT
Have stricter criteria for recruiting prospective new Immigrant Citizens.

Social Security and Medicare (Obamacare) are barely sustainable now WITHOUT considering 20,30,40...infinity million new enrollees.

Why? We don't need them. It makes no sense from American's point of view.

Learn English, pay back taxes - what in the hell are they talking about? HOW RIGOROUS!

Shouldn't they be required to have an IQ of greater than 120-125? A test written in English.

==========

EDUCATE yaself peeps ...
That IS what IS WRONG on this board!
NOT many libTARDS 'know' the Constitution ...

and RULES of government!

YET they "trust" the dwIdioTs in there!

ha ha ha ...

PRICELESS!

SHIP 'em ALL out ...
Except for the TRULY *Patriotic* and Constitution FOLLOWERS!

Have NOT seen many ...
Rand, Ted, Chaffetz , Trey Gowdy ...

Jason Chaffetz: Susan Rice Is a Terrible Choice for National Security Adviser

Obama will name Susan Rice—the official who delivered (but didn’t draft) the Benghazi talking points—as his national security adviser. Republicans are pissed, and this time they can’t fight back.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/06...

Stanford

#104942 Jun 13, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
You people are getting very desperate saying this is an ObamaCare thing had anything to do with this girl not getting a lung transplant sooner than what she did. This has been going on forever.... Children are in a different class than adults as far as transplant go. Educate yourself.
I'll dumb it down for you illiterates..... It's about body size, until recently, some organs couldn't be 'fitted' from an adult to a child. Body mass thing. To dumb it down even further so you uneducated republicans can more easily understand it, round hole, square peg.... Doesn't fit. So they most often have to wait for a child to pass away and THEN she gets the transplant.
It's amazing how you uneducated idiots know NOTHING about this situation, but someone throws in ObamaCare (again, doesn't become fully implemented til 2014) and now something else is obamas fault to you stupid republicans.
Try try try all you like.... Every cup of koolaid you're fed doesn't lead back to being Obama fault.
You lose.... Yet again!
It's like trying to fit ten pounds of potatoes in a five pound bag.

You really have to get down to the most basic form of communication before the bush apologists/wingnut extremists faux mentality can grasp what you are saying to them.

TIR

Since: Dec 11

#104943 Jun 13, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a traitor and has out Americans at risk. Now terrorists know what we're doing and can do things different ways.
Of course your ignorant ass didn't think this thru because you're stupid.
He's put innocent Americans at risk and should be dealt with accordingly.
I guess maybe Paul was involved with this..... Maybe that's where the talk from Jr came from with the filibuster so he couldn't be killed with a drone for treason. Protecting the family and all.
He's a coward..... A republican coward.
Oh ye of little knowledge; getcha some!

http://www.businessinsider.com/israelis-bugge...

http://www.businessinsider.com/edward-snowden...

Research with the point of view of a political opponent of the opposite party in the Majority!
Suppose "ILoveitHere" is actually who she "says" she is; and has contact with Hamas or PLO or Hizb'allah, you are often "friendly" with that nut! NSA may access all of you PI, any digital data may be used against her/him....and you by association!
Suppose one her relatives uses an explosive device somewhere on this Big Blue Marble. What happens to her and you then?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 6 min skullundermyboot 2,152
Who read Dennis Gibson's post on Facebook? What... 16 min Crooks 0
Stivers center swin coach abandons children in ... (Mar '12) 26 min Truth 66
Kevin Disney Central Elementary School 49 min Okie dokie 7
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Mike Duquette 130,625
I have nothing to say.. 1 hr welp 6
knox board of ed raising taxes 2 hr enough is enough 14
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••