'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments (Page 4,502)

Showing posts 90,021 - 90,040 of144,580
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a catch twenty-two, Ari, about the road checks. I don't have a problem with them road-checking if all they're going to do is see to it that people have a license to drive, and things that are needed on the vehicle that protect you and other drivers. I do have a problem with someone randomly asking to search my property. Although it's never happened to me, I still think without probable cause they have no right to random search. Getting them to understand this is another story.
The only reason I carry car insurance, full coverage, is to protect my interests. No insurance means if someone demolishes your property while you may simply be parked in a lot, and it's not covered with ins., you would still have to make the bank loan if there is any, or out of pocket, pay for another expensive vehicle. No one else is responsible for your destroyed car, or the repairs to fix it - unlike health insurance of which you take out to keep you from getting a constant bill from the doctor or hospital, and the ruination of your credit rating - among a host of other things.
Same with house insurance. If it burns to the ground and you have no ins., you're the only one out. No one has to pay for it and no one is responsible. You're just screwed and have to find a place to live and no one is forced to do anything for you.
The problem with this country is that those in charge want to do your thinking for you. Little by little we are losing the right to make our own decision and take on our own responsibility. They call that, Big Brother, and most conservatives do not like Big Brother's nose is all our affairs.
JMO
GREAT summation Jay ...
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

LQQKb4UleapOK wrote:
<quoted text>
I can saddle my horse and take the scenic route to anywhere I need to go. I was under the impression that since some KSP posts advertise "when" and "where" they all were required to do that...
I did research Kentucky Supreme Court decisions.
I think it's always a good idea to discourage drinking and driving; isn't it a better deterrent to let them know you are running road checks? It would be safer if they were on backroads rather than busier roads and highways right?
I would say so.
Nowadays there ARE so many pill abusers ...
They have become MUCH WORSE that the ol town drunk ...imo

4th Amendment is going down the drain...

2 out of every 3 Americans lost Fourth Amendment protections to DHS

Two out of every three people reading this could have your electronic devices searched, without there being any reasonable suspicion, because the Department of Homeland Security has decided that such search and seizures do not violate your Fourth Amendment protection against unreasonable search and seizure. Border agents don’t need probable cause and they don’t need a stinking warrant since they don’t need to prove any reasonable suspicion first. Nor, sadly, do two out of three people have First Amendment protection; it is as if DHS has voided those Constitutional amendments and protections they provide to nearly 200 million Americans.

---The Fourth Amendment states: The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.---

Just the same, as ChristainPost wrote,“Your constitutional rights have been repealed in ten states. No, this isn't a joke. It is not exaggeration or hyperbole. If you are in ten states in the United States, your some of your rights guaranteed by the Bill of Rights have been made null and void.”

http://blogs.computerworld.com/privacy/21805/...

WE do NOT have much "privacy" left, because of such ... I understood Bush calling for the Patriot Act ... It was to keep US safe!

BUT the 0 "could have" LET it die!
Didn't!

He did NOT use it the right way as can be seen from the Boston bombing ...

S-l-a-c-k-e-r-s
is WHO WE have working for US now!

Devoid of any "empathy" for the people ...
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

LQQKb4UleapOK wrote:
<quoted text>
At the point of a traffic stop and search, if there is "no moving violation" and no "accident" insurance is actually a mute point right? no harm no foul. I see the point of having insurance, I don't see the constitutionality of "requiring" it...after all that's just another form of "unfunded mandate"...like Obama-care.
I bet you saw that coming, lol!

Well ya. And I agree with you. But, it's too late for us to do anything about that because it's like AL said, money in someone's pocket, like fishing licenses, hunting licenses, fines if you don't have it....so they like to catch you without a license, big fine coming your way.

Public ripoff, Big Bro, and truly they don't give a rats if you don't wear a seatbelt, they just want the money. yup!!!

One of these days they will think up another one, a license to ride your horse on a public road or some other far-fetched way to rip you off. I had horses, but we rode on our own 108 acres, but watch and see....someone will think this up.
wtf

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say so.
Two out of every three people reading this could have your electronic devices searched, without there being any reasonable suspicion, because the Department of Homeland Security has decided that such search and seizures do not violate your Fourth Amendment protection against unreasonable search and seizure. Border agents don’t need probable cause and they don’t need a stinking warrant since they don’t need to prove any reasonable suspicion first. Nor, sadly, do two out of three people have First Amendment protection; it is as if DHS has voided those Constitutional amendments and protections they provide to nearly 200 million Americans.
---The Fourth Amendment states: The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.---
Just the same, as ChristainPost wrote,“Your constitutional rights have been repealed in ten states. No, this isn't a joke. It is not exaggeration or hyperbole. If you are in ten states in the United States, your some of your rights guaranteed by the Bill of Rights have been made null and void.”
WE do NOT have much "privacy" left, because of such ... I understood Bush calling for the Patriot Act ... It was to keep US safe!
Didn't!
S-l-a-c-k-e-r-s
you ignorant pos.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

WHAT CAN GOVERNMENT SNOOPS GET BY WITH?
Look at the regs for phone records access, use

WASHINGTON – Big Brother has become more emboldened than ever with the recent revelation that the Justice Department had obtained from telephone companies the records of Associated Press and other reporters to investigate an alleged national security leak, according to a report in Joseph Farah’s G2 Bulletin.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/what-can-governmen...

Enjoy your *Memorial Day* Folks
Good Night :)
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

YOU HAVEN'T HEARD THIS 'STAR-SPANGLED BANNER'
Band challenges nation to renew intimacy with patriotic theme

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/you-havent-heard-t...
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Did you see this?

New Jobs and Affordable Energy Within Grasp

The U.S. House of Representatives voted 241 to 175 on H.R. 3 to clear potential bureaucratic and legal roadblocks. The passage will help pave the way for THOUSANDS of new jobs and more affordable energy.

Without the Keystone XL Pipeline, a lot more oil will go to China. More oil on the world market will bring the price down. The Keystone XL Pipeline will reduce the cost of getting oil from the Canadian oil sands to the refineries along the Gulf Coast.

Passage of this bill’s counterpart in the U.S. Senate will INCREASE the world’s supply and, obviously, reduce the world price of oil. The Keystone XL has also reserved space for about 250,000 barrels a day of oil production in the United States.

Experts predict that by the end of the year 2014, the United States will be able to produce MORE OIL than Saudi Arabia! You read that correctly. And passage of the Keystone XL Pipeline will greatly make that happen!

During the Keystone XL Pipeline construction, the project is expected to create over seven million hours of labor and over 13,000 new jobs for American workers!

The Hill reported. The vote this past Wednesday passed the House. NOW it is up to the U.S. Senate!

Roughly 70% of Americans and 60% of Canadians support the Keystone Pipeline.
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Devvy Kidd is neither a republican nor a democrat. If you're not familiar with her articles and you take the time to read this,

YOU are in for a ride!

Hillary Rodham Clinton: Liar, globalist traitor
I believe Hillary has serious health problems she's trying to hide from the world. I don't know if she will be chosen by the masters of the game to run in 2016, but I do know, we must never let that happen. The only way to stop her and those working to destroy our beloved republic is to expose their real agenda - AND Hillary's past. Americans need to have a refresher course on that evil woman......
http://www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd588.ht...
by Devvy Kidd
wtf

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Jay wrote:
Did you see this?
The U.S. House of Representatives voted 241 to 175 on H.R. 3 to clear potential bureaucratic and legal roadblocks. The passage will help pave the way for THOUSANDS of new jobs and more affordable energy.
Without the Keystone XL Pipeline, a lot more oil will go to China. More oil on the world market will bring the price down. The Keystone XL Pipeline will reduce the cost of getting oil from the Canadian oil sands to the refineries along the Gulf Coast.
Passage of this bill’s counterpart in the U.S. Senate will INCREASE the world’s supply and, obviously, reduce the world price of oil. The Keystone XL has also reserved space for about 250,000 barrels a day of oil production in the United States.
Experts predict that by the end of the year 2014, the United States will be able to produce MORE OIL than Saudi Arabia! You read that correctly. And passage of the Keystone XL Pipeline will greatly make that happen!
During the Keystone XL Pipeline construction, the project is expected to create over seven million hours of labor and over 13,000 new jobs for American workers!
The Hill reported. The vote this past Wednesday passed the House. NOW it is up to the U.S. Senate!
The US Oil Companies are exporting Oil and Gas to China now you dumbass.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Jay wrote:
Did you see this?
I see you have learned nothing. 13,000 NEW jobs with Keystone. 13,000 NEW IRS jobs with ObamaCare. You Repubs like being feed that 13,000 number? Currently the US is IMPORTING less oil than at anytime in the past 50 years. Currently the US is EXPORTING more oil than anytime since 1949. Currently the US is producing more oil than anytime in the past 20 years. For the past three years in a row Exxon has made more profit than any company EVER in world history. You Repubs are too stupid to realize that "Drill Baby Drill" crap did nothing for Americans. The MORE oil the US produces the more the American Oil Companies are going to EXPORT. You are all been hoodwinked by your Repub Party and the Billionaires setting on the oil company boards. SUCKERS !!!!
wtf

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say so.
Didn't!
S-l-a-c-k-e-r-s
You are a slacker pos.
wtf

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Jay wrote:
Devvy Kidd is neither a republican nor a democrat. If you're not familiar with her articles and you take the time to read this,
YOU are in for a ride!
I believe Hillary has serious health problems she's trying to hide from the world. I don't know if she will be chosen by the masters of the game to run in 2016, but I do know, we must never let that happen. The only way to stop her and those working to destroy our beloved republic is to expose their real agenda - AND Hillary's past. Americans need to have a refresher course on that evil woman......
by Devvy Kidd
You misspelled her Name it is "Dumbass".
wtf

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Jay wrote:
YOU are in for a ride!
by Devvy Kidd
Her name is actually "Dummy".

Since: Oct 09

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say so.
Didn't!
S-l-a-c-k-e-r-s
There were many alternatives to the Patriot Act, now we have it and thugs like Holder are running it maybe people from both sides of the isle will agree...it's too must trust in government.

Look at the AP situation.
IRS, DHS road checks anywhere, anytime? When will they begin to record our every movement, when will we have to have their permission to travel "freely"?
Roger

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

wtf wrote:
<quoted text>Fat Pat you are a stupid SOB.
Dumb ass idiots like you don't deserve to live in America.
wtf

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Roger wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumb ass idiots like you don't deserve to live in America.
Then you should live in Haiti.
Syl

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
With EACH passing day, I am becoming MORE frustrated and disheartened at the so called leaders IN my/OUR Country!
A crescendo of malaise is being draped OVER IT!
by the fools/TRAITORS in charge!
[just WHAT the 0 WANTED - he is 'succeeding' in THAT ONLY]
``````````
Beverly Cancels Memorial Day Parade Due To Lack Of Veterans
BEVERLY (CBS)– This Sunday, the streets of Beverly will look just like they always do. And that’s the problem, some veterans say. The city has cancelled its annual Memorial Day parade for what’s believed to be the first time
since the end of the Civil War. <<-<<< TRADITION!
City officials think that’s possible. If enough veterans come forward to participate, or if the city can come up with another way to have them be a part of the parade, then the city will bring it back.
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/05/24/beverly...
They could have made them floats ... to ride on ...
Pushed them in WHEELCHAIRS ...
They could have DONE SOMETHING to NOT CANCEL!
truly PATHETIC!
And next year it will be some other tradition to disappear. Leave it to this administration and there will no more American traditions to remind us of our past. This country is being stolen from us right before our eyes, and it's all because of ignorant dumb ass lazy people that doesn't care about whats going on in the country they live in and call home. They can't see they are being slowly "evicted" right out of their home land.
Syl

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

wtf wrote:
<quoted text>Then you should live in Haiti.
You don't even know where Haiti is, LOL! You couldn't point it out on a map,even if it was highlighted for you.
wtf

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Syl wrote:
<quoted text>
And next year it will be some other tradition to disappear. Leave it to this administration and there will no more American traditions to remind us of our past. This country is being stolen from us right before our eyes, and it's all because of ignorant dumb ass lazy people that doesn't care about whats going on in the country they live in and call home. They can't see they are being slowly "evicted" right out of their home land.
More lies from the ever ignorant Syl the Liar. Why do you always make up some silly lie and gripe about it?
Brad

Manchester, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Syl wrote:
<quoted text>
The latest assault is on Mothers and Fathers day.
The PC police want to abandon them in favor of Parents day to accommodate the same sex crowd.
Oy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 90,021 - 90,040 of144,580
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

85 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Melissa Collett (May '12) 3 min Mad 45
Do people still cruise the strip on weekends? 11 min Grammar checker 8
Brooke (Teeth) (Oct '09) 19 min Amy 27
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 28 min Mike Duquette 127,748
KC Basketball Coach 1 hr 229fan 45
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 2 hr 75 Scorpio 3,732
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 3 hr billy 356
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••