'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 232738 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#101579 May 26, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
When President Reagan entered office in 1981, he faced actually much worse economic problems than President Obama faced in 2009. Three worsening recessions starting in 1969 were about to culminate in the worst of all in 1981-1982, with unemployment soaring into double digits at a peak of 10.8%. At the same time America suffered roaring double-digit inflation, with the CPI registering at 11.3% in 1979 and 13.5% in 1980 (25% in two years).
The Reagan recovery started in official records in November 1982, and lasted 92 months without a recession until July 1990, when the tax increases of the 1990 budget deal killed it. This set a new record for the longest peacetime expansion ever, the previous high in peacetime being 58 months.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2011...
I love the history. Why was there a tax increase in 1990????? Because for the first time in US history America was so far in Reagan debt it was sold to other nations. Reagan increased the national debt 186% while in office.
Reagan NEVER went into office with America losing 750,000 jobs per month for the past 4 months and he NEVER had to bailout banks. And he NEVER had the Stock Market lose 60% of it's value in three days. BS on Reagan going into office worst than Obama had it.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#101580 May 26, 2013
As Predicted – Democrat Political Party (DSCC) Is Seeking “Manufactured Evidence” Against Tea Party and Conservatives ...

Previously, the left-of-center crowd (ie blue dogs) thought these Tea Party claims were merely “tin foil hat” type of conspiracy theory. Now the Independents, and moderate Democrats are realizing it’s not wild conspiracy, it’s true.

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/05/2...

Location hidden

#101581 May 26, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Numbers mean nothing when they're taken out of context.
Reagan didn't write his 1st budget till FY'82 and inherited the highest inflation in modern times.
Unemployment went down each month when his policies took hold,along with inflation,to 5% by the time he left office.
Reagan and Obama share one thing in common. Both are the only two President to have 3 budgets each rejected by Congress. The unemployment lowest rate during Reagan occurred in his last year of office. 5.7%. Seven years after him taking office.

Location hidden

#101582 May 26, 2013
American Lady wrote:
As Predicted – Democrat Political Party (DSCC) Is Seeking “Manufactured Evidence” Against Tea Party and Conservatives ...
Previously, the left-of-center crowd (ie blue dogs) thought these Tea Party claims were merely “tin foil hat” type of conspiracy theory. Now the Independents, and moderate Democrats are realizing it’s not wild conspiracy, it’s true.
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/05/2...
Tell us that NO Tea Party group or Karl Rove's- American Crossroads never broke the Law and campaigned against Obama. hahhahahahhahahahha!!!!!!!!!!
"There are restrictions now on the kinds of activities that, for example, 501(c)(3) and (4) organizations, charitable organizations, can engage in that are being abused -- not just people on the right, but most of the so-called charitable organizations who are involved in political activity in this country, who are, in my judgment, involved in arguable violations of their tax-free status and violations of the campaign laws, happen to be groups on the left," McConnell said in a 1987 interview. "So that is a problem."
American Lady

Danville, KY

#101583 May 26, 2013
Well, Slap Me Silly: Illinois Concealed-Carry Ban Voted Out

A law that would end Illinois’ status as the last state in the nation without concealed-carry provisions passed the House with enough votes to override a likely veto.

By an 85-30 vote, the Illinois House moved on Friday to approve a law allowing certified residents to carry concealed firearms, which would end Illinois’ status as the only state in the nation to completely prohibit carrying guns in public.

http://girlsjustwannahaveguns.com/2013/05/wel...

``````````

You Could Be Arrested For SUSPICION of Posting Racist Tweets

Police have arrested three people ahead of planned protests in Newcastle.

The English Defence League and Newcastle Unites are both holding marches and demonstrations in the city centre on Saturday afternoon.

Ahead of the protests, Northumbria Police have arrested three men, two from Gateshead and one from Stockton, on suspicion of posting racist tweets.

http://girlsjustwannahaveguns.com/2013/05/you...

0 is leading for that to BE DONE here!
``````````

Britain Braced For Anti-Muslim Backlash after Woolwich Beheading

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/471216/2013...

Location hidden

#101584 May 26, 2013
Oh, sorry left out - McConnell just one more example of being a Repub hypocritical bastard.

“I'm Not TRUMP...”

Since: Apr 13

...I'm just DRAWN that way....

#101586 May 26, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
the 0 will be "FORCED" to resign!
Sit back & *WATCH*...
:)
funny lady
American Lady

Danville, KY

#101589 May 26, 2013
Brilliant wrote:
By the way, AL, OZ, you should know, I just clicked on those dumb icons to give you both an Agree, Brilliant, and Helpful, but I see my icons somehow got changed, to some absurd icon instead.
Wanted you to know, any bad icons are probably being done underhandedly as only a Libotraitor can do.
And Libs.......I'd think as much garbage as you put on here, you'd want to continue to post without problems.........you people are dumber than I intially thought.
Stupid AND ignorant!!
We don't pay any attention to them.
But 'Thanks' for saying you did so :)
American Lady

Danville, KY

#101590 May 26, 2013
Brilliant wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for posting this AL. All the people I know have worked hard at finding out what companies supported the communists, and no longer do business with those supporters if at all possible.
I did not know about this but have musician friends who will be very interested in it. So thanks! Keep upi the good work! God Bless America!
Thank you for responding :)
Let's Keep on KEEPING on <3
Brad

Manchester, CT

#101591 May 26, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Reagan and Obama share one thing in common. Both are the only two President to have 3 budgets each rejected by Congress. The unemployment lowest rate during Reagan occurred in his last year of office. 5.7%. Seven years after him taking office.
Reagan and Oblamer are nothing alike.
Never in history had the Senate unanimously rejected a budget the way they did Oblamers,99-0.
Reagan high unemployment was 10.8% and bottomed out at 5.3% because the fed concentrated on squeezing the crippling inflation out of the economy left by Carter.
OZombies

United States

#101592 May 26, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't pay any attention to them.
But 'Thanks' for saying you did so :)
Hey A/L...
Good job, don't give up!
NIXON <gone> RESIGNED!
Will Obama be smart and do same or his ZOMBIES will go down with him?????????
Don't pay attention on this traitors here...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#101593 May 26, 2013
Everything is Beautiful

RAY STEVENS
"Everything Is Beautiful"
(Ray Stevens)
Jesus loves the little children
All the little children of the world
Red and yellow, black and white
They are precious in his sight
Jesus loves the little children of the world

Everything is beautiful
In its' own way
Like a starry summer night
Or a snow covered winter's day
Everybody's beautiful
In their own way
Under God's heaven
The world's gonna find a way

There is none so blind
That is he who will not see
We must not close our minds
We must let our thought be free
For every hour that passes by
You know the world
Gets a little bit older
It's time to realize
That beauty lies
In the eyes of the beholder

Everything is beautiful
In its' own way
Like a starry summer nights
Ah, sing it children
Everybody's beautiful
In their own way
Under God's heaven

We shouldn't care
About the length of his hair
Or the color of his skin
Don't worry about
what shows from without
but the love that lives within
We're gonna get it all together now
Everything gonna work out fine
Just take a little time
to look on the good side my friend
And straighten it out in your mind

Everything is beautiful
In its' own way
Ah, sing it children
Everybody's beautiful
In their own way
Under God's heaven

One more time
Everything is beautiful
In its' own way
http://www.oldielyrics.com/lyrics/ray_stevens...

Ray Stevens - God Save Arizona
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Ray Stevens - If 10% is Good Enough for Jesus
American Lady

Danville, KY

#101594 May 26, 2013
OZombies wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey A/L...
Good job, don't give up!
NIXON <gone> RESIGNED!
Will Obama be smart and do same or his ZOMBIES will go down with him?????????
Don't pay attention on this traitors here...
They are "just" GNATS to me Z :)
'Annoying' at their BEST ...

My 'frustration' comes FROM ...
The state OUR Country IS IN ... ONLY!

<3
American Lady

Danville, KY

#101596 May 26, 2013
Courtesy Of The Red, White And Blue (The Angry American)

It's GONNA be even better when 0 goes DOWN!
And "going down" ... he WILL!

Randy Houser - How Country Feels

Getcha some of this "LAID back" ...
OZombies

United States

#101597 May 26, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
<3
...hear you A/L...same here!!!!!!!!!!
<3<3<3<3<3<3 <3<3<3<3<3<3 <3<3<3<3<3<3
God bless AMERICA ...my home sweet home!!
<3<3<3<3<3<3 <3<3<3<3<3<3 <<3<3<3<3<3 <3

“I'm Not TRUMP...”

Since: Apr 13

...I'm just DRAWN that way....

#101598 May 26, 2013
OZombies wrote:
<quoted text>
...hear you A/L...same here!!!!!!!!!!
<3<3<3<3<3<3 <3<3<3<3<3<3 <3<3<3<3<3<3
God bless AMERICA ...my home sweet home!!
<3<3<3<3<3<3 <3<3<3<3<3<3 <<3<3<3<3<3 <3
thanks OZ for having God fix it, right there...someone should have thought of that earlier,,,,, prayer, haha
OZombies

United States

#101599 May 26, 2013
Red wrote:
<quoted text>
Barkeep says: "what is some sort of a joke?"
It's against Mormon or Muslim religion to DRINK!

Location hidden

#101600 May 26, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
<3
So if you are frustrated about the state our country is in now, tell us how you felt about two wars for nothing, 750,000 jobs per month being lost, banks in default, Wall St crashing in 3 days, car manufacturing going bankrupt. Tell us all how now is worst than back then.

Location hidden

#101601 May 26, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan and Oblamer are nothing alike.
Never in history had the Senate unanimously rejected a budget the way they did Oblamers,99-0.
Reagan high unemployment was 10.8% and bottomed out at 5.3% because the fed concentrated on squeezing the crippling inflation out of the economy left by Carter.
Took Reagan 7 years to do it. The party of NO won't give Obama one chance.
Washington (CNN)-- Senate Republicans on Thursday blocked the No.1 item on the president's congressional "to-do-list," refusing to allow a vote on a bill that would give tax breaks for companies that "insource" jobs to the U.S. from overseas while eliminating tax deductions for companies that move jobs abroad.
McConnell: Our goal is to make this President a one term President.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#101602 May 26, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>So if you are frustrated about the state our country is in now, tell us how you felt about two wars for nothing, 750,000 jobs per month being lost, banks in default, Wall St crashing in 3 days, car manufacturing going bankrupt. Tell us all how now is worst than back then.
BUS did NOT cause THAT!
The demoNcrat Congress DID!!!!!!!!!!

Summary
President Obama has remained a strong supporter of the TARP program throughout his time in the Senate and in the White House. His actions as President have drastically changed the program, taking it from its original form as a mechanism to purchase specific kinds of stocks and warrants and using the program funds to spur lending among small businesses, create programs to assist homeowners in refinancing their homes, rescue GM, and create programs to directly provide funds to states hardest hit by the housing crisis.

What is TARP

The Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) was created in October of 2008 to address the fiscal crisis by purchasing warrants and stocks from financial institutions so that those items no longer burdened the banks. The legislation outlines what items can be purchased, and defines the institutions from what institutions those items can be purchased. President Bush violated those rules prior to leaving office when he loaned money to General Motors and Chrysler. President Obama further violated those rules when he purchased stock in GM and then used the influence from those purchases to direct changes at GM.

Record as Senator

In addition to voting for the TARP program, Senator Obama spoke on the Senate floor in support of the program. In that speech, he urged his fellow Senators to "step up to the plate" and do the right thing in passing the legislation. He noted that a similar program had failed in the House and triggered a fall in the stock market. In supporting the program, he also urged it to have a program for home owners and an oversight board for the funds.

Second Half of TARP

After Senator Obama won the 2008 Presidential election, he asked President Bush to request the second half of the TARP funds to be allocated to TARP. In making the request, he stated that the economy was still too frail and that it would be irresponsible to enter office without having all the tools he needed to address the problem.

Funds Issued and Repaid

Of the funds issued by President Bush, a vast majority went to the Capital Purchase Program and the Targeted Investment Program. A vast majority of that money has been repaid by the financial institutions that received them. The loan to GM was repaid, but some money from the GM bailout remains.

Of the funds issued by President Obama, almost none of them have been issued to the programs originally designed through TARP. Most of the funds issued by President Obama have gone to home ownership programs and the bailout of GM through stock purchases.

As seen in the chart below, almost 90% of the funds issued by President Bush have been returned ...

while less than 10% of the money issued by President Obama has been returned. <<--<<<

http://www.thepoliticalguide.com/Profiles/Pre...

Get WITH the "program"
AN
SHUT the HELL UP! on ME!
you Slimy piece of pond SCUM!...

;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Peter stain 149,568
Pull an absess tooth? is that dangerous (Sep '08) 2 hr whit 67
Where can you get non-ethonal gas around B'ville? 4 hr Fioler 5
Tires in River at Park 4 hr Randy 10
What's best place to get front end alignment? (Mar '13) 6 hr The best 25
KCHS girls coach 6 hr oh geez 6
Jill's job 7 hr Parent 5
Wreck!! 20 hr Cant-fix-stupid 7
Who hung them self in town? Jul 21 Justin 9

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages