'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments (Page 4,366)

Showing posts 87,301 - 87,320 of138,304
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
lol

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

JusttheFacts wrote:
While being only 4% of the worlds population the US spends 45% of all the money spent in the world on military each year. The US spends more on military than the next 10 nations combined. It is estimated that the total cost of the Iraq and Afghan wars will be $4 trillion dollars when the disabilities of the 33,000 wounded are factored in.
Got any stats on the democrat Vietnam war? If you don't I can fill you in. lol
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
Politics is simply war continued by other means and vice versa!
If we were all one race, one height, one religion, one hair color, one eye color, one sexual orientation, some @SShole would tart a war over freckles!
It's harder to find agreements than reason to fight, Music soothes the savage within the warrior...I have proven that a few times here.
1. IMO Terorrism should be our #1 priority now.
what would you call #1 on a "to do list"?
Enforcement of our existing laws.
speakup

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

JusttheFacts wrote:
While being only 4% of the worlds population the US spends 45% of all the money spent in the world on military each year. The US spends more on military than the next 10 nations combined. It is estimated that the total cost of the Iraq and Afghan wars will be $4 trillion dollars when the disabilities of the 33,000 wounded are factored in.
the USA spends 45% of all money spent in the world on our military??? Surely that is a typo on your part. If not cover your head because you are getting ready to get hit hard. Did they slip in there all the money our military spends rebuilding other countries and humanitarian efforts for other countries? Did you forget to mention that? Of course you did. you are good at leaving out ALL the important FACTS. coming from you this is expected. LMMFAO
JusttheFacts

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

speakup wrote:
<quoted text>
the USA spends 45% of all money spent in the world on our military??? Surely that is a typo on your part. If not cover your head because you are getting ready to get hit hard. Did they slip in there all the money our military spends rebuilding other countries and humanitarian efforts for other countries? Did you forget to mention that? Of course you did. you are good at leaving out ALL the important FACTS. coming from you this is expected. LMMFAO
45% of all the money spent each year by all nations on military is spent by the US.
The 2009 U.S. military budget accounts for approximately 40% of global arms spending. The 2012 budget is 6–7 times larger than the $106 billion military budget of China, and is more than the next twenty largest military spenders combined. The United States and its close allies are responsible for two-thirds to three-quarters of the world's military spending (of which, in turn, the U.S. is responsible for the majority).[37][38][39]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_budget_...
http://armscontrolcenter.org/issues/securitys...
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-...
problem child

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

JusttheFacts wrote:
<quoted text>45% of all the money spent each year by all nations on military is spent by the US.
The 2009 U.S. military budget accounts for approximately 40% of global arms spending. The 2012 budget is 6–7 times larger than the $106 billion military budget of China, and is more than the next twenty largest military spenders combined. The United States and its close allies are responsible for two-thirds to three-quarters of the world's military spending (of which, in turn, the U.S. is responsible for the majority).[37][38][39]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_budget_...
http://armscontrolcenter.org/issues/securitys...
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-...
So were they right or not about the re-building and humantarian dollars spent included in those figures ? u keep dodging the question. just saying
JusttheFacts

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

If all this military spending is to protect the US then why is it that our border nation Canada doesn't need to spend the same amount?
The US spent $1.19 Trillion in 2011 on military. Canada spent $22.5 Billion.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/06/defe...

Since: Oct 08

Stanford

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

comprehend much lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Please read the facts from an American history book...not your "little red bible". There was NO AMERICAN CONFLICT in Vietnam until JFK sent in the first COMBAT troops. There were American troops in Vietnam but they were not combat troops much like there were American troops all over the world and they were not combat troops. JFK sent in the first COMBAT troops. What part of that fact are you having so much trouble understanding? lol You can say it but that doesn't make it true. You should have also learned that as a child. Priceless!
According to you, all of the American troops that were/are stationed elsewhere around the world, must have been in a conflict too. Damn, we have been in conflicts 24/7, day in and day out because we have American troops stationed all around the world...according to your little fairy tale.
You send 'em to school and pay for their books and this is how they repay you...with stupidity! lol
No you simple bastard, your words are the ones that said, and I quote you; "all of the American troops that were/are stationed elsewhere around the world, must have been in a conflict too. Damn, we have been in conflicts 24/7, day in and day out because we have American troops stationed all around the world...according to your little fairy tale."

Hmmm,,,, yeah right,,, the way I read it,,,, you typed that tripe! Let not try to confuse now. Those are your words not mine,,, rush puffer! You're another chump form the GOP chumparama! Take your meds. HUYA!
Prosecute the bush cartel/crime family!

TIR
Fair and Balanced

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

I've noticed a lot of forum posters on this thread talk about Faux News and how biased they are and they lie, etc. I watched it several times and basically saw both sides of the coin being debated. I decided to watch CNN News and their sister station HLN News today. There is a huge difference. There were many big stories being covered today. From CNN and HLN I heard about the rescued women in Cleveland. I heard the Jodi Arias verdict. I heard abut the Beiber's latest troubles and saw a picture of his monkey. I heard that Rhianna and Chris Brown have broken up again. I heard that an adulteress republican politician won a special election beating Stephen Colbert's sister. Not one word about Benghazi. Much like on 9/11 2012 I didn't hear much about Benghazi even when Benghazi happened. I heard a lot about a video and a mob protest from Susan Rice. I saw a clip of Hilary Clinton waving her hands and asking citizens and peers "what difference does it make"? That was pretty much all the main-stream media ever offered citizens in the way of information concerning Benghazi.
Now there are people coming forward, important people, and telling the truth about what happened and who called the shots and who told soldiers to stand down. 4 Americans were murdered and tortured by terrorists (not by some youtube video mob as we were previously led to believe) and the main-stream media doesn't feel this is newsworthy? I clicked over to Fox News and they were reporting on Benghazi. They were showing a democrat politician berating republicans before the hearings started. Then the men spoke up and the democrat politician put his head down as he should have.

Faux News? If I want fair and balanced news I will watch Fox News. If I want to get the latest breaking news about Beiber and his monkey or what is going on in Hollywood I will certainly check out CNN, HLN and NBC.
countrygirl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

PRESIDENT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA 2xWINNER
haters read this and continue to weep.
HILLARY CLINTON 2016
Nuff Said

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Jason Chaffetz Admits House GOP Cut Funding For Embassy Security:'You Have To Prioritize Things'

Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) acknowledged on Wednesday that House Republicans had consciously voted to reduce the funds allocated to the State Department for embassy security since winning the majority in 2010.

On Wednesday morning, CNN anchor Soledad O'Brien asked the Utah Republican if he had "voted to cut the funding for embassy security."

"Absolutely," Chaffetz said. "Look we have to make priorities and choices in this country. We have15,000 contractors in Iraq.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/10/jaso...

Standing His Ground: Democratic Congressman Refuses To Let Republicans Ignore GOP Security Budget Cuts In New Benghazi Hearing

Rep. Stephen Lynch (D-MA) blasted Republican efforts to renew questions into the Benghazi embassy attacks this week. As a member of the committee that will once again be hearing testimony on the attacks, Lynch categorically dismissed the persistent claim that the White House failed to provide adequate security at the Benghazi embassy.

In a heated exchange on Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace, Lynch pointed out that Republicans voted against additional funding for embassy security when Secretary of State Hillary Clinton requested it:

LYNCH: When Secretary Clinton and the State Department asked for additional funding for embassy security,[Republicans] all voted no. They all voted no.

WALLACE: We’re getting a little bit off track now. I understand there’s an issue about security. It’s a little bit off the track. I want to stay on course here

LYNCH: No, this is the point. They’re complaining about a lack of security at the embassies after they voted against funding for security at the embassies. Is that not related?

http://thepoliticalfreakshow.us/post/49754763...
NOT fair NOT balanced

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Why Doesn’t Fox Like To Say The Words ‘Right-Wing Terrorism?

If you watch Fox News for any length of time, it’s nearly impossible to avoid either a host or an esteemed guest condemn President Obama for not calling either the Boston Marathon bombing or the Fort Hood shooting, Islamic terrorism. As if fighting terrorism rests on what you call it. But yesterday, the FBI arrested a right-wing militia-type extremist who allegedly wanted to bomb a local police department. And Fox News is barely mentioning it at all, much less calling it right wing terrorism.
Right-wing extremist attacks are a significant threat. Last year, Think Progress found “Fifty-six percent of domestic terrorist attacks and plots in the U.S. since 1995 have been perpetrated by right-wing extremists.” More recently the Southern Poverty Law Center came out with a report on the rise of anti-government “patriot” groups. The SPLC concluded,“As President Obama enters his second term with an agenda of gun control and immigration reform, the rage on the right is likely to intensify.”

So how did Fox News react? By attacking the SPLC and calling them a hate group.

Another staple of Fox News’ recent coverage is a collective outrage at the lack of “mainstream media” coverage of the Kermit Gosnell trial. Putting aside questions about why a news network would spend so much airtime whining what other networks are not covering (instead of just covering whatever news they think important), this begs questions about Fox News’ own selective memory.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

NOT fair NOT balanced wrote:
If you watch Fox News for any length of time, it’s nearly impossible to avoid either a host or an esteemed guest condemn President Obama for not calling either the Boston Marathon bombing or the Fort Hood shooting, Islamic terrorism. As if fighting terrorism rests on what you call it. But yesterday, the FBI arrested a right-wing militia-type extremist who allegedly wanted to bomb a local police department. And Fox News is barely mentioning it at all, much less calling it right wing terrorism.
Right-wing extremist attacks are a significant threat. Last year, Think Progress found “Fifty-six percent of domestic terrorist attacks and plots in the U.S. since 1995 have been perpetrated by right-wing extremists.” More recently the Southern Poverty Law Center came out with a report on the rise of anti-government “patriot” groups. The SPLC concluded,“As President Obama enters his second term with an agenda of gun control and immigration reform, the rage on the right is likely to intensify.”
Another staple of Fox News’ recent coverage is a collective outrage at the lack of “mainstream media” coverage of the Kermit Gosnell trial. Putting aside questions about why a news network would spend so much airtime whining what other networks are not covering (instead of just covering whatever news they think important), this begs questions about Fox News’ own selective memory.
Video: Terrorist says he targeted Family Research Council because of SPLC website

WASHINGTON, D.C., April 25, 2013 ( LifeSiteNews.com )- The Southern Poverty Law Council's decision to label ministries that oppose same-sex "marriage" as "hate groups" led directly to the Family Research Council (FRC) shooting, according to a chilling new video.

The footage, which FRC obtained from the FBI, shows interrogators asking Floyd Lee Corkins II how he decided to target the pro-family organization for his August shooting rampage.

"This organization...how did you find it earlier?" an investigator asks Corkins. "Did you look it up online?"

“Southern Poverty Law lists anti-gay groups," Corkins replies. "I found them online, did a little research, went to the website - stuff like that.”

The admission outraged FRC President Tony Perkins.

"The SPLC's reckless labeling has led to devastating consequences," Perkins said. "Because of its 'hate group' labeling, a deadly terrorist had a guidemap to FRC and other organizations. Our team is still dealing with the fallout of the attack, that was intended to have a chilling effect on organizations that are simply fighting for their values."

Corkins, who volunteered for an LGBT community center in Virginia, entered the building on August 15 with nearly 100 rounds of ammunition, 15 Chick-fil-A sandwiches, and a list of four socially conservative political groups he intended to liquidate.

He had faced a maximum sentence of 70 years.

"In a civil society, shutting down debate is not how reasonable people and organizations operate," Perkins added. "Intimidating and bullying others shreds the 'ordered liberty' of which our Founders wrote and for which they advocated, and places all of us in jeopardy of losing our sacred rights as militant extremists claim the public square exclusively for themselves."

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/video-terror...

Get ya story STRAIGHT ... hun :)
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

NOT fair NOT balanced wrote:
Southern Poverty Law lists anti-gay groups," Corkins replies. "I found them online, did a little research, went to the website - stuff like that.”

The admission outraged FRC President Tony Perkins.

"The SPLC's reckless labeling has led to devastating consequences," Perkins said. "Because of its 'hate group' labeling, a deadly terrorist had a guidemap to FRC and other organizations. Our team is still dealing with the fallout of the attack, that was intended to have a chilling effect on organizations that are simply fighting for their values."

He had faced a maximum sentence of 70 years.

"In a civil society, shutting down debate is not how reasonable people and organizations operate," Perkins added. "Intimidating and bullying others shreds the 'ordered liberty' of which our Founders wrote and for which they advocated, and places all of us in jeopardy of losing our sacred rights as militant extremists claim the public square exclusively for themselves."

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/video-terror...
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Holding on to my posts now, before letting go ...
huuummmmm ....

Maybe becoming AFRAID to censor ...?

Whatta mod :)
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

WEEKEND EDITION MAY 3-5, 2013
Welcome to the Age of Murder.Gov
The Game of Drones

Acts that were once considered outrages against conscience are now routine.

Welcome to the age of Murder.Gov .

http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/05/03/the-ga...

G'night :)

Since: Mar 13

Winchester, Ky.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Nuff Said wrote:
Jason Chaffetz Admits House GOP Cut Funding For Embassy Security:'You Have To Prioritize Things'
Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) acknowledged on Wednesday that House Republicans had consciously voted to reduce the funds allocated to the State Department for embassy security since winning the majority in 2010.
On Wednesday morning, CNN anchor Soledad O'Brien asked the Utah Republican if he had "voted to cut the funding for embassy security."
"Absolutely," Chaffetz said. "Look we have to make priorities and choices in this country. We have15,000 contractors in Iraq.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/10/jaso...
Standing His Ground: Democratic Congressman Refuses To Let Republicans Ignore GOP Security Budget Cuts In New Benghazi Hearing
Rep. Stephen Lynch (D-MA) blasted Republican efforts to renew questions into the Benghazi embassy attacks this week. As a member of the committee that will once again be hearing testimony on the attacks, Lynch categorically dismissed the persistent claim that the White House failed to provide adequate security at the Benghazi embassy.
In a heated exchange on Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace, Lynch pointed out that Republicans voted against additional funding for embassy security when Secretary of State Hillary Clinton requested it:
LYNCH: When Secretary Clinton and the State Department asked for additional funding for embassy security,[Republicans] all voted no. They all voted no.
WALLACE: We’re getting a little bit off track now. I understand there’s an issue about security. It’s a little bit off the track. I want to stay on course here
LYNCH: No, this is the point. They’re complaining about a lack of security at the embassies after they voted against funding for security at the embassies. Is that not related?
http://thepoliticalfreakshow.us/post/49754763...
Cover up has NOTHING to do with a DIRECT ORDER to stand down!
Budget cut has nothing to do with Rice's perjury and Clintons Perjury, and Obama's DECISION not to send in all available BOOTS ON THE GROUND and at the very least AIR SUPPORT!
THEY listened, and they watched THEY heard cries for help an sat on their HANDS!
When The U.S. Embassy was attacked with a deuce and a half full of TNT my platoon (stateside) was debriefed and we were told we needed to inventory our gear clean our weapons and pack our Sea Bags! Whey the hell didn't we scramble at least one DRONE! You know we have them, hell at least one was in the air watching!

Why B. Hussein Obama gave a gift to his BROTHERHOOD, on the anniversary of 9/11.

How many sheeple believe anything a man with a Muslim name will tell them?
pay attention

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Fair and Balanced wrote:
I've noticed a lot of forum posters on this thread talk about Faux News and how biased they are and they lie, etc. I watched it several times and basically saw both sides of the coin being debated. I decided to watch CNN News and their sister station HLN News today. There is a huge difference. There were many big stories being covered today. From CNN and HLN I heard about the rescued women in Cleveland. I heard the Jodi Arias verdict. I heard abut the Beiber's latest troubles and saw a picture of his monkey. I heard that Rhianna and Chris Brown have broken up again. I heard that an adulteress republican politician won a special election beating Stephen Colbert's sister. Not one word about Benghazi. Much like on 9/11 2012 I didn't hear much about Benghazi even when Benghazi happened. I heard a lot about a video and a mob protest from Susan Rice. I saw a clip of Hilary Clinton waving her hands and asking citizens and peers "what difference does it make"? That was pretty much all the main-stream media ever offered citizens in the way of information concerning Benghazi.
Now there are people coming forward, important people, and telling the truth about what happened and who called the shots and who told soldiers to stand down. 4 Americans were murdered and tortured by terrorists (not by some youtube video mob as we were previously led to believe) and the main-stream media doesn't feel this is newsworthy? I clicked over to Fox News and they were reporting on Benghazi. They were showing a democrat politician berating republicans before the hearings started. Then the men spoke up and the democrat politician put his head down as he should have.
Faux News? If I want fair and balanced news I will watch Fox News. If I want to get the latest breaking news about Beiber and his monkey or what is going on in Hollywood I will certainly check out CNN, HLN and NBC.
The reason you didn't hear about it on other news orgs is because.....it's not news. its pontification. Claims. You'll notice when they claim these things they will back it up with "if he did this" and "if it's true". That means they have no.idea. Conjecture. Opinion. BS ....you know in the last admin, there were over 50 attacks on diplomats resulting in 13 deaths? Were you this upset then?

Since: Dec 11

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

pay attention wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason you didn't hear about it on other news orgs is because.....it's not news. its pontification. Claims. You'll notice when they claim these things they will back it up with "if he did this" and "if it's true". That means they have no.idea. Conjecture. Opinion. BS ....you know in the last admin, there were over 50 attacks on diplomats resulting in 13 deaths? Were you this upset then?
Innocent until PROVEN GUILTY, that's why they say "if he did this" and "if it's true". Liberal media flashback, Dan Rather never used those words did he? That's part of the Lame Stream Liberal Bias! That is also why Fox news is #1 how many years in a row?

In case you conveniently forgot:
http://archive.mrc.org/projects/rather20th/

They did this exact thing for sixty years BEFORE there was a Fox News, and they got away with it...NO MORE!

This isn't Kansas Toto!
pay attention

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Innocent until PROVEN GUILTY, that's why they say "if he did this" and "if it's true". Liberal media flashback, Dan Rather never used those words did he? That's part of the Lame Stream Liberal Bias! That is also why Fox news is #1 how many years in a row?
They did this exact thing for sixty years BEFORE there was a Fox News, and they got away with it...NO MORE!
This isn't Kansas Toto!
You mean assume and allege until proven innocent. How is that different than what I said. Conjecture, opinion, BS
pay attention

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
This isn't Kansas Toto!
you right wing nuts all say that Fox News is the only place to get your news. the lefties have a few places to get their news. if you were to add up all the left the news you would outnumber the Fox shares.

also, if Obama was found innocent, do you think it would be a fox news headline?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 87,301 - 87,320 of138,304
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 min angela 122,516
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 1 hr Boop 918
Who would make a great mayor? 1 hr WTF 74
can u apply for food stamps online 1 hr guss 28
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr sPam 81,188
New Family Court Judge NEEDED!!! 1 hr WTF 38
Coming soon to America!!! SICK 2 hr guss 4
Eight arrested in Knox drug roundup... 7 hr your screwed 9
•••