'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story

“Could've been a contender here”

Since: Apr 13

I couldn't find no fight, here

#98129 May 5, 2013

10 Things the GOP's New Platform Hates About You

Expand

This week, finally, after all those nerd-hours expended on wondering just what precious metal and fancy rhetorical jewels would gild the GOP's terrible turd ideas, the official Republican party platform will be revealed to a chorus of gasps, eye rolls, and delighted shrieks from Rick Santorum. According to people who have seen the thing in its entirety, it's the most conservative platform in modern history. Critics call it "angry," "fringe," and "extreme," as it calls for a constitutional amendment banning abortion in the case of rape, bars female soldiers from combat roles, blames sick people for requiring medical care, and officially declares gay marriage to be an abomination. In addition to being a policy compass an indicator of what sort of laws we can expect from elected Republican officials over the next four years the new platform is a giddy romp through all the reasons the grand ol' party might hate you.

With the platform committee replete with Tea Party all stars and chaired by Virginia Governor Bob "Mandatory Transvaginal Ultrasounds" McDonnell, it's no wonder the whole thing feels marinated in haterade. Let's dive in.

#98130 May 5, 2013
Women, shut up and let the zygotes talk.

"Even expensive prevention is preferable to more costly treatment later on," says one part of the leaked platform that doesn't have to do with women's bodies. The part that does directly have to do with women's bodies is decidedly less concerned with cost (or, uh, using the word "mother" or "woman" in reference to pregnancy) and more concerned with outlawing abortion in all circumstances, with no exceptions for rape or incest.

THE SANCTITY AND DIGNITY OF HUMAN LIFE Faithful to the "self-evident" truths enshrined in the Declaration of Independence, we assert the sanctity of human life and affirm that the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed. We support a human life amendment to the Constitution and endorse legislation to make clear that the Fourteenth Amendment's protections apply to unborn children. We oppose using public revenues to promote or perform abortion or fund organizations which perform or advocate it and will not fund or subsidize health care which includes abortion coverage. We support the appointment of judges who respect traditional family values and the sanctity of innocent human life.

To be fair (and to borrow from Paul Ryan), rape is a "method of conception," and so if a person truly believes that a bundle of cells is more important than the woman carrying it, the way the bundle of cells came to be should be of no consequence. You have to admire the new GOP platform for its consistency.

#98133 May 5, 2013
Kiss our puckered white asses, young people who weren't going to vote for us anyway.

Part of the GOP plan is to replace Medicare with that coupon voucher program all the Elderlies will hate. But if you were worrying that the GOP was going to alienate an important part of its voting base, relax cuts won't apply to current senior citizens; just future senior citizens. People who weren't going to vote Republican anyway.

#98134 May 5, 2013
Quit whining, women in developing countries.

Despite the fact that foreign aid is an itty bitty, Ryan Seacrest-sized part of our national budget, the GOP platform committee seems to think that cutting it back will lower taxes for everyone. They're also concerned with the current administration's promotion of what it calls "legalized abortion and the homosexual rights agenda." Enough of that. Let's give that money to churches who hate gays and agree about forced pregnancy. Churches never fuck up.

So what will you do with the $7,$8 you save by not having to contribute to secular aid organizations that provide birth control and abortion services to women in developing countries? I'm going to but like 3 Chick-fil-A sandwiches and eat 'em all myself.

#98135 May 5, 2013
Go to hell, immigrants (and "immigrants" means "Mexicans").

The new GOP platform loves states' except when it suspects that if left to their druthers, states would choose to do things that the GOP would not like. Take immigration. The platform enthusiastically embraces Arizona's "show me your papers" laws, encourages an e-verify system to make it more difficult for undocumented immigrants to find employment, and encourages the completion of a double-layered fence between the US and Mexico. Thanks to suggestions by famous xenophobe Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, the platform committee also added a plank giving the Department of Homeland Security the authority to detain undocumented immigrants for, like, a really fucking long time.

And at this point it could almost go without saying, but they'd like to declare English the official language of Amurrica.

#98136 May 5, 2013
Bless your little hearts, female soldiers

Have you ever spent time around Southerners? God love 'em, but if they're not the most venomous group of sweet-as-pie vipers I've ever met. Down south of the Mason Dixon line, "bless your heart" means roughly the same thing as "fuck you," but it's said with a smile, often under the guise of faux concern and condescension. It is the Southern woman's A-bomb. There is no Northern rebuttal.

Anyway, that's basically the official line of the GOP on female soldiers. No women in combat, says a draft of the platform, although they truly appreciate the various lady-help women in the military have provided Uncle Sam.

We support the advancement of women in the military, which as not only opened doors of opportunity for individuals but has also made possible the devoted, and often heroic, services of additional members of every branch of the armed forces. We support military women's exemption from direct ground combat units and infantry battalions. We affirm the cultural values that encourage selfless service and superiority in battle, and we oppose anything that might divide or weaken team cohesion, including intra-military special interest demonstrations.

#98137 May 5, 2013
Ugh, just get out of my face with your crap, gays.

The GOP hasn't forgotten about you, homos. They still think what you're doing isn't natural. God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve, and you can't argue with elementary school logic that rhymes. The GOP of 2012 would like to add an amendment to the US Constitution barring same-sex marriage, because they still feel personally threatened by Neil Patrick Harris's obnoxiously perfect gay life. They also want to keep homos out of the military and, according to Think Progress, they think Obama is pooping all over traditional marriage.

The draft attacks President Obama for not defending in court the Defense of Marriage Act, which prohibits federal recognition of same-sex marriages. It calls that decision a "mockery of the President's inaugural oath," when in fact Mr. Obama would have been wrong to ignore lawyers who concluded that the law is unconstitutional.

#98138 May 5, 2013
Muslims, go back to Muslim-town.

Unsurprisingly, the platform contains several allusions to sharia law, at one point explicitly barring American judges from taking foreign law into consideration when ruling on cases. The GOP also calls for the US to defend "religious freedom" in places like the Middle East and East Africa, where certain Christ-worshippers are being displaced by certain followers of Mohammad. No mention of places like Western Europe, where one could make the argument that laws barring headscarves interfere with Muslim women's religious freedom. "Religious freedom" is always code for "enforced Christian dominance," which doesn't sound as good in sound bytes.

#98139 May 5, 2013
LOL DC

"We oppose statehood for the District of Colombia."

The GOP does not, however, oppose making very restrictive abortion laws governing the bodies of DC's women.

The GOP of 2012 is a big tent. Especially if you're a white, wealthy, currently elderly, heterosexual, Christian, non-DC resident who plans on living forever. Otherwise, fuck you.

Since: Dec 11

#98140 May 5, 2013
Hello, seems like some of you missed the good fight. Scared? No working hard, life is funny that way...some have to WORK that others may play!
You might try it some time! I see a bunch of crap about someone being "banned", it wasn't ME bub!
It isn't my friend people were talking about, I talked to him a couple of times this past week.
ILIH, when you really are a friend...you don't stir up shit that causes problems for a "friend" to suit yourself.
I checked on another account "CS" does not exist any more...is that who you are talking about?
Syl

Ashland, KY

#98141 May 5, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>911
WMD's
Scooter Libby
Katrina Failure
Bin Laden Failure
Economic Collapse
TARP
Abu Ghraib Failure
Torture
Black water Failure
Gitmo Disaster
Afghan War Failure
Mission Accomplished
Good job Conservaturds Failures.
Those happened a LONG TIME AGO!
Syl

Ashland, KY

#98142 May 5, 2013
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
hell, did everybody go to Houston, for the small penis convention?
C_C , you are the most intelligent pervert on here. Congrats
BHObama

Russellville, KY

#98143 May 5, 2013
Syl wrote:
<quoted text>
And those things caused the worst economic collaspe of the US since 1929. Bush handed Obama the credit card with Trillions ran up on it and ONLY enough money to pay the reoccurring monthly bills. You Repubs are too stupid to understand this is why the nations debt will double every 10 years.
wtf

Lexington, KY

#98144 May 5, 2013
Syl wrote:
<quoted text>
Not long enough you stupid pos.
wtf

Lexington, KY

#98145 May 5, 2013
Syl wrote:
<quoted text>
C_C , you are the most intelligent pervert on here. Congrats
And you are the queerest Liar on here. Good job!
demonicRats

London, KY

#98146 May 5, 2013
isn't it amazing the so called bush wars cost 400 billion dollars but Obama has added 6 trillion dollars of debt, I believe leftwingwingwhackadoodles suffer from a disease called pinnochioitis
wtf

Lexington, KY

#98147 May 5, 2013
demonicRats wrote:
isn't it amazing the so called bush wars cost 400 billion dollars but Obama has added 6 trillion dollars of debt, I believe leftwingwingwhackadoodles suffer from a disease called pinnochioitis
Bush's 2 failed War Disasters cost 10 Trillion you Faux sucking nut job.

“You got dat Stupid Fruity Swag”

Since: Oct 12

Leitchfield,Ky.

#98148 May 5, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>And you are the queerest Liar on here. Good job!
Seen you in dem skinny pants wit da pink treads!

an yo callin somebody gay?

wtf?

You so dumb you can't even catch dis bus!
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#98150 May 5, 2013
Bush`s Wars only left the U.S. in debt 1/2 as much in 8 years as Obama`s wars and leadership have left the U.S. in 4 years with over $17 trillion debt . The debt under Obama is due to over spending every where.

There are some things all conservatives have on their minds when discussing politics.
Immigration Reform is not just about the illegals, it is also about securing the Border , having knowledge who is here and why, stopping the stay of immigrants that over stay their permits, allowing people to come here to stay(that are wanted) and no sneak ins!
Spending is where much could be saved by one giant bookkeeping look at our big fat over spending gov`t ? Removing the dep`t of education , agriculture, and EPA back to the States . Where closer looking at the use could be had . The federal depts. could be cut to several overseers for each State(100),if every one could agree there are 50 States . Obama and WTF would have to be taught History of the U.S.
Much money could be saved by selling off all unused buildings in Washington , that the Gov`t owns.
Giving money to countries that hate us could be stopped . Why do it? Seems like a waste.
Calvin C. you just do not understand what conservatives really believe in you have listened to the spiel of your wrong headed leaders too long.

Since: Dec 11

#98152 May 5, 2013
Life lessons...not political:
&li st=PLE55874D042365E58&feat ure=mh_lolz

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who got arrested at bville walmart? 44 min Ky Resident 4
HeShe backing warren for judge 57 min well 7
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr heymf 131,397
Is Mike Warren the man for Judge Ex? 2 hr Kristy 19
Family Court Judge 3 hr really 55
Michele Merida got married ? 3 hr Well 2
Posts being removed about Jailer 4 hr Please stay on track 4
who will you vote for as jailer 5 hr FB Friends 40
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match