'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story

“Could've been a contender here”

Since: Apr 13

I couldn't find no fight, here

#98108 May 4, 2013
American Lady wrote:
new york post ...
Authorities ID person of interest as Saudi national in marathon bombings, under guard at Boston hospital
Last Updated: 9:14 PM, April 15, 2013
It was not immediately clear why the man was hospitalized and whether he was injured in the attack or in his apprehension.
The man was caught less than two hours after the 2:50 p.m. bombing on the finish line of the race, in the heart of Boston.
12 DEAD, 50 INJURED AFTER 2 EXPLOSIONS ROCK BOSTON MARATHON
NY AUTHORITIES RAMP UP SECURITY AFTER BOSTON EXPLOSIONS
PHOTOS: EXPLOSIONS ROCK BOSTON MARATHON
A law enforcement source *confirmed to The Post that 12 people were killed and nearly 50 were injured in today's blast.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/authori...
why do libTARDs believe this
BUT
not WND ...???
must be because of that
liberalism is a mental disorder ...
syndrome ...
;~)
Night Folks
ask the Almighty Jesus H Beck

#98109 May 4, 2013
Republicans are always wrong...finally something they are good at

#98110 May 5, 2013
Last week, Pew delivered some pretty bad news to Republicans: Americans just aren't all that into them. And if Republicans wanted to turn things around, they had to do things like drop social issues, stop hating on science, and begin compromising a bit.

Today, Pew delivered even more bad news to the GOP:

Sixty-two percent of adults say the GOP is out of touch with the American people, 56 percent say it’s not open to change and 52 percent say it’s too extreme, according to a Pew Research Center poll released Tuesday.

Forty-six percent of adults say the Democratic Party is out of touch with the American people, 38 percent of people say it’s not open to change and 39 percent say it’s too extreme.

That 39 percent fringe is alive and well, but it doesn't curry agreement from most Americans ("real" Americans, if you will).

That's not the only bad poll for our friends on the other side of the aisle:
NBC-WSJ poll: By 48%-43%, Americans say Obama takes "unifying" rather than "partisan" approach. By 64%- 22%, they say GOP does the opposite
—@JohnJHarwood via web

Those are brutal numbers, even if you account for the 22 percent of morons who think Republicans are in any way unifying. Hell, conservatives can't unify their own freakin' party, much less the rest of America.

Which leaves Republicans with their typical quandary—Americans don't like divisive leaders. Republicans are seen as divisive. But if elected Republicans take any steps to appear more conciliatory or open to bipartisanship, their rabid base will rebel and shred them from the Right.

In other words, what is popular with America is popular with the liberal base. What is popular with the conservative base is not popular with America. That ends up giving Democrats—so long as they follow public opinion—quite the electoral competitive edge. And nothing in the recent polling changes that assessment.

#98111 May 5, 2013
Evidence of the Republican party’s branding problem continues to pile up in a new poll from NBC and the Wall Street Journal. And for those who want the GOP to dig in its heels and fight on the fiscal cliff, the news is even worse.

From NBC’s summary of the poll:

The survey – conducted a month after November’s election – also shows a positive uptick in opinion toward President Barack Obama, and more negative views about defeated GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney and the Republican Party. The poll also finds that a majority of Americans now support gay marriage.[...]

But if Obama is getting a lift after the election, the Republican Party is seeing a further decline.

The GOP’s favorable/unfavorable rating in the poll now stands at 30 percent/45 percent (minus-15 points), which is down from 36 percent/43 percent (minus-7) right before the election.

That’s compared with the Democratic Party’s 44 percent/35 percent rating (plus-9 points).

What’s more, asked to give a word or short phrase to describe the Republican Party, 65 percent offered a negative comment, including more than half of Republicans.

Some of the responses:“Bad,”“weak,”“negati ve,”“uncompromising,”“need to work together,”“broken,”“disorganiz ed” and “lost.”

The Washington Post is even more brutal in its summary of the findings of the poll:

The poll tested the positive and negative ratings for 11 politicians or political institutions. The lowest rated — in terms of the differential between positive and negative ratings — was the Republican Party, with a 30 percent positive score and a 45 percent negative score. Of the five worst positive-to-negative ratios, Republicans claimed four of them.(The lone exception: Susan Rice with a 20 positive/24 percent net-negative score.)[...]

What those numbers make clear is that the Republican brand is badly damaged. It is regarded by too many people as an uncompromising relic of the past — a party that lacks new ideas and is, therefore, forced to largely serve as a blockade to the other side.(That’s the biggest reason, by the way, why Republicans should be interested in compromising on the fiscal cliff. They gap between how Obama is regarded and how they are seen is enough to make going over the cliff a genuine political loser for them.)

Republicans have and will continue to insist that they have put out new ideas, but the reality is that the American public doesn’t perceive them that way.

#98112 May 5, 2013
Chris Christie, the Most Hated Republican Among Republicans, Is the Most Popular Republican in the Country
Posted by Paul Constant on Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 1:45 PM

1. The Washington Post says:

Christie has seen a massive boost in his popularity in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, with 77 percent of New Jerseyans saying they approve of the governor in a new Fairleigh Dickinson University poll released Monday. That’s up from 56 percent before Sandy.(Respondents from the first poll were re-contacted for the second one.)

It's easy to look at those numbers and think that Christie is on the way up—the first paragraph in the WaPo story suggests that Christie should start thinking about 2016—but approval ratings always look good right after a disaster. Christie probably has his reelection in the bag, but let's not hyperventilate over that 77 percent just yet. And let's not forget that nationally, Republicans assume that Christie is a big reason why President Obama was reelected,(he wasn't) and those very good New Jersey numbers aren't going to persuade voters in, say, Iowa that Christie isn't a big traitor.

2. Elsewhere, Jeb Bush met with campaign operatives for about an hour, presumably to talk about his presidential prospects. One of the people he met with? "Neil Newhouse, Mitt Romney's campaign pollster." I don't know if Romney's poll guy is the first person I'd meet with to talk realistically about a presidential run; Newhouse is a big reason why Romney was so confident he was going to win Ohio, and he had a hand in that whole unskewed polls thing the Republicans were bandying about.

3. And Jon Huntsman continues to demonstrate why so many Democrats wanted to love him and why so many Republicans outright hated him:

Former Republican presidential candidate Jon Huntsman on Monday urged lawmakers, including those in his own party, to temper their criticism of the administration's handling of the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

If the Republican Party realistically considered how they lost the 2012 presidential election, they'd look to Huntsman as a model of what their next candidate should look like. Instead, they're calling a member of the Bush family a "fresh" face. On the other hand, who can blame them? Richard Nixon was the last Republican to win the presidency on a ticket without a Bush.

#98113 May 5, 2013
"When a physician removes a child from a woman, that is the largest organ in a body. That's a big thing. That's a big surgery. You don't have any other organs in your body that are bigger than that."
...Alabama state Rep. Mary Sue McClurkin (R), defending her sweeping anti-abortion bill.

#98114 May 5, 2013
"They are going to cull the herd, so that instead of having billions, we'll only have hundreds of millions of human beings on the face of the planet."
...Alan Keyes, warning what's behind President Obama's gun control proposal.

#98115 May 5, 2013
"Some people could make the argument that a lot of people like being in abusive relationships. It's a love-hate relationship. It's very, very common for people to stick around with somebody they love who also abuses him or her."
...New Hampshire state Rep. Mark Warden (R), during a debate on a bill to reduce the penalty for simple assault.

#98116 May 5, 2013
"Slavery and abortion are the two most horrendous things this country has done but when you think about the immorality of wild, lavish spending on our generation and forcing future generations to do without essentials just so we can live lavishly now, it's pretty immoral."
...Rep. Louis Gohmert (R-Texas), equating slavery with the national debt.

#98117 May 5, 2013
"Like most men, I'm more opposed to violence against women than even violence against men. Because most men can handle it a little better than a lot of women can."
...Rep. Jimmy Duncan (R-Tenn.), speaking on anti-violence legislation.

#98118 May 5, 2013
"There's a lot of ill will towards Sen. Hagel because when he was a Republican, he attacked President Bush mercilessly. At one point, he said he was the worst president since Herbert Hoover, said the surge was the worst blunder since the Vietnam War, which is nonsense. He was very 'anti 'his own party, and people don't forget that."
...Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), explaining the GOP backlash against Chuck Hagel.

#98119 May 5, 2013
"To redefine marriage is discriminatory towards those who hold the sincerely held religious belief that it is a sacred institution between a man & a woman."
...Illinois state Sen. Kyle McCarter (R), in response to the state Senate approving same-sex marriage in Illinois.

#98120 May 5, 2013
"I'm going to try to be brief because I notice you're on your fourth glass of water, and I don't want to be accused of waterboarding you."
...Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.), speaking in the middle of a long, contentious confirmation hearing for John Brennan as CIA director.

#98121 May 5, 2013
"Slow down. Slow down. How about a little foreplay?"
...House Speaker John Boehner, joking that with bipartisan conversations on immigration reform taking place it's too early to talk about specific legislation.

#98122 May 5, 2013
"I was very proud of the fact that I didn't get anything wrong that I said during the course of the debates. I didn't get anything wrong, and that's a huge arena."
...Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.), commenting on her performance in the 2012 GOP presidential debates.

#98123 May 5, 2013
Drugs? Borderline Personality Disorder? Repressed Abuse? Alien invasion? What the fuck is it? Maybe America’s Craziest Legislator Michele Bachmann (R-Circular Ruins) is just a useful tool for the party as a sideshow attraction while the big crime is going on. because when someone is flapping their arms and looking hysterical you can sometimes ignore the presence of that hand slipping away with your wallet.
Despite the advantages of a fanatical national following, Ol’ Crazy Eyes might be on the verge of a take down — not by the guys with the butterfly nets, but by the Office of Congressional Ethics, who’s investigating her campaign for improprieties. This must be a real shock for her, that more than one person is finally calling her on her complete and utter bullshit. It’s taken far too long for anyone to say “Enough, you fucking witch”.
I know you all feel a lot safer knowing that our government officials are very capable of keeping an eye on our enemies, both foreign and domestic. And I know when you think “Michelle Bachmann”, you think “Intelligence Committee”, right? Narrowly reelected to what had been a safe House seat after abandoning her calamitous presidential run, Bachmann returned to Congress diminished. But Old Boner reappointed the Minnesota harpy to the House Intelligence Committee. Michele Bachmann being on the Intelligence Committee is just part of the regular Orwellian double-speak.“Intelligence Committee”,“Patriot Act”,“Clean Coal”,“Pro-Life”,“Compassionat e Conservatism” and ”Right to Work”. I’m pretty sure she was appointed to the House Intelligence Committee to make the rest of the members appear intelligent. Not an easy task by any means, but Bachmann came through with flying colors.
Michele’s on the committee to pursue her specialties: Whether Jesus married Mary Magdalene and emigrated to France; whether Edward DeVere wrote Shakespeare’s plays; what happened to the gold of the Knights Templar; the Area 51 coverup and who brought down WTC 7. You know — anything that might be the subject of hack conspiracy theorists. Like what, you say? You know — like accusations that Hillary Clinton’s aide Huma Abedin was maybe a Muslim Brotherhood spy, no biggie, and that the Muslim Brotherhood is infiltrating the US government, that’s all. NBD. Bachmann is very, very concerned with how this Muslim person could have security clearance. Michele Bachmann is questioning how someone else got a security clearance. If there was any more irony here, I could throw out my garment steamer. Michele Bachmann’s clearly Islamophobic stance makes her position on the “Intelligence” committee, with its oversight of the National Security Agency and CIA’s activities, kinda…troubling. Troubling to Commies, maybe. Shrugging off criticism from GOP leaders in Congress, Bachmann broadened her allegations of Islamic infiltration in the U.S. government to include [the Muslim American] Democrat Keith Ellison of associations with the “Muslim Brotherhood.” Given all the people trying to protect Abedin from both sides of the aisle, it’s obvious that Bachmann is on to something and the infiltration is even deeper than any of us could have imagine.
There’s something more than mere craziness in those eyes. Something dark and as old as the world itself. But mostly it’s craziness. If the voting public is stupid, racist and crazy, the successful modern candidate will also be stupid, racist and crazy.

#98124 May 5, 2013
All her bizarre claims, that helped make her reputation in the first place, are being increasingly swatted down by her fellow Republicans. She was even been called out by Bill O’Reilly for “a trivial pursuit” after her insane CPAC speech during which she blabbered on about President Obama’s “lavish” lifestyle“. There were the mythical five chefs who fly on Air Force One and the mythical “Presidential Dog Walker”. For the record, I am shocked, SHOCKED, that it took Michele Bachmann this long to fix her psychotic gaze upon Bo, the White House dog. When called on her lies, Bachmann slut shamed a CNN reporter, chastising her for daring to bring up something so insignificant as the White House Dog Walker - the presidential Dog Walker that Michele Bachmann conjured up in the first fucking place – when the president is busy murdering the entire diplomatic corps. Then she dashed off, stage left.
It’s been pretty awesome watching the party that enabled her crazy bullshit all these years suddenly turn on her. But I won’t be really happy until Bachmann, Goehmert, and Steve King are forced to fight lions gladiator-style in the pit of the House to retain their seats.
During the GOP primaries, Bachmann was so consistently divorced from reality that the Associated Press simply threw up its hands and decided it couldn’t possibly fact-check everything she said. At a National Press Club panel, Jim Drinkard, the editor who supervises fact-checking for the AP, acknowledged that Bachmann’s bullshit often piled up to insurmountable levels:
“We had to have a self-imposed Michele Bachmann quota in some of those debates.”
She gave a mind-spinning, a reality-challenged rant on the House floor, calling for the repeal of the Affordable Care Act “before it literally kills women, kills children, kills senior citizens”.
A former Bachmann staffer, Barb Heki alleges that onetime state campaign chairman and state Senator Sorenson stole from her—and then used with Bachmann’s knowledge—an email list of Christian homeschool
families in Iowa. Heki’s accusation has been backed by a sworn affidavit by former campaign staffers.
Michele Bachmann recently made a bizarre assertion bout how 70 percent of food stamps go to “bureaucrats”— based on the misinterpreted work of some libertarian Cato Institute crackpot. Fun Fact: 100% of the govt. money Bachmann gets for her 35 foster kids is spent by govt. bureaucrats (in this case Michele Bachmann.) And her bogus farm subsidies, too. Who here thinks monies going to administrators is as offensive as $259,000 in commodities and disaster subsidies being paid to the Bachmann Farm Family LP, or her husband’s psychotherapy practice and clinic receiving $30,000 to train his employees to scream at people into giving up their fanciful delusions that they are gay?
She’s like a B-movie monster who pop ups again and again to threaten a terrified populace, no matter how many salvos of facts and rationality get lobbed at her. Shrieking about how our dastardly Usurper murdered our Libyan ambassador in BENGHAZIIIIIII. Embarrassments have become routine as she tries to forcibly reinsert herself into the national debate. Whenever she is confronted with her nonsense by the lamestream media, her answer is:“Hey, I’m just asking questions, here”. Did Mitt Romney officiate at secret Mormon services commemorating the 1857 Mountain Meadows Massacre? Did Dick Cheney keep actual men in the man-sized safes in his VP office? Did George W. Bush and Condoleezza Rice play Twister on the Oval Office carpet? Hey, I’m just asking questions here.

#98125 May 5, 2013
The demands to have Bachmann removed from the intelligence committee aren’t because she is stupid – there are plenty of other stupid people doing incredibly important things these days,(see: the Committee on Science, Space, and Technology). Stupid people doing important things is the new normal. No, that’s not it. She needs to be removed because she is batshit crazy. Or she’s a drug addict. Or she needs immediate medical attention for a traumatic brain injury. Or she’s a space alien.
That’s Minnesota for ya. Most of the local audience for Prairie Home Companion don’t know Garrison Keillor is mocking them – at least the squiggly Gerrymander called the 6th District aka the attic you keep your crazy uncle in. Remember, it’s our tax dollars that pay this lunatic’s salary, healthcare and benefits and even if we get rid of her, we’ll still be paying her. Seriously folks, with all the union busting and the plaintive cries of the overcompensated little peoples, and fucking congress has the biggest sweetheart deal going? How long are we going to stand for this?

#98126 May 5, 2013
Majority of Republicans want to impeach Obama because they hate America
2/13/2013 by John Aravosis

Republicans hate America. More specifically, Republicans hate American democracy. It’s the simplest, and most consistent, explanation as to why, in story after story, we see Republicans in open revolt against the democratic rule of law in this country.

They don’t believe in an independent judiciary, and have been undermining, and outright threatening, judges for years. They don’t believe in elections, and thus either gerrymander them when possible (like they’ve now successfully done with the House), or outright attempt to steal them, like they did in the 2000 presidential, and like they tried against Al Franken and others.

Look at the Clinton impeachment. I always say that the Republicans launched a witch hunt and they eventually caught a witch. My point being, they were out to destroy Clinton from day one, with zero evidence to justify their jihad against the man. They didn’t like the way the election went, so they tried to reverse by nearly all means necessary.

Democratic electoral victories, progressive court victories, are not legitimate in GOP eyes. And if Republicans find themselves losing the game, fair and square, they simply change the rules.

Of course, it’s more than simply hating America and the way our democracy is wired. Republicans hate facts, and they loathe reality. Reality, you see, has a liberal bias. If we let judges rule, citizens vote, journalists report, students study, and scientists research – all independently – for some strange reason they keep coming up with conclusions that, more often than not, go against the GOP.
Upside down US flag, via Shutterstock.

US flag, via Shutterstock.

So, Republicans try to intimidate the judges, steal the vote, create their own faux news network, and then brither, truther, and climate-changer any and every scientific result possible. That’s why a GOP state official in Missouri is trying to redefine, by legislative fiat, the word “scientific theory” to include “faith-based philosophy.” This way, priests can call themselves “scientists,” and creationism immediately becomes “science.”

Hell, GOP president wannabe Marco Rubio couldn’t even admit that the earth was 4.5 billion years old a few months back, lest he inflame the flat-earth base of his own party.

Look at the GOP position on education. For some reason, when people go and get an education, they start to disagree with a lot of Republican positions (this is related to the GOP’s judge, journalist and scientist problem). So, rather than conclude that maybe people with educations don’t like Republicans because, you know, they’re now better informed about the world – Republicans have concluded that college “brainwashes” kids to become liberals, and thus education is bad. As a result, you have people like GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum criticizing the notion as “elitist” that an American parent might want their kid to go to college.

The Republicans must destroy any institution that guarantees, any result that comes from, an objective assessment of the facts.

And that’s why more than half of the Republicans polled, in various recent polls, want to see President Obama impeached and removed from office. HuffPost concluded,“More than anything, surveys finding support for impeachment show just how divided Americans are today along party lines and how strongly rank-and-file members of each party dislike presidents from the opposing party.”

But it’s far worse than that. America isn’t divided. Republicans are seceding. There’s a difference. It’s a bit like me walking down the street minding my own business, you decide to mug me out of nowhere, and an observer says “the boys are divided.” The boys aren’t divided. One boy was walking quite peaceably minding his own business, while the other boy attacked him. Such is the state of our democracy.

#98127 May 5, 2013
Wanna piss off a Republican? Here's 100 ways to do it by telling the TRUTH!

Conservatives are so easy to anger these days. Even the most insignificant statement can set off their tempers. If you want to enrage a conservative, I suggest saying the following:

1. A Socialist wrote the Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Jesus healed the sick and helped the poor, for free.
3. Joseph McCarthy was an un-American, witch hunting sissy.
4. Jefferson Davis and Robert E. Lee were traitors.
5. The South lost the Civil War, get over it.
6. The Founding Fathers were liberals.
7. Fascism is a right-wing trait.
8. Sarah Palin is an idiot.
9. The Earth is round.
10. Reagan raised taxes eleven times as President.
11. Reagan legalized abortion as Governor of California.
12. Nixon created the Environmental Protection Agency.
13. Ronald Reagan supported gun control.
14. Global warming is real.
15. Republicans hate illegal immigrants, unless they need their lawns mowed or their houses cleaned.

16. The military is a government-run institution, so why do Republicans approve the defense budget?
17. The Cold War is over and the Soviet Union no longer exists.
18. Paying taxes is patriotic.
19. Republicans: Peddling the same failed economic policies since 1880.
20. The Republican Party began as a liberal party.
21. The Presidents’ full name is Barack Hussein Obama and he was born in the United States of America.
22. George W. Bush held hands with the King of Saudi Arabia.
23. President Obama saved the American auto industry, while Republicans wanted to destroy it.
24. Hate is not a Christian virtue.
25. Jesus was a liberal.
26. Republicans spend MORE money than Democrats.
27. Tea parties are for little girls.
28. Public schools educate all children; private schools are for indoctrinating children.
29. The Constitution is the law, NOT the Bible.
30. Sharia law doesn’t exist in America.
31. The President is NOT a Muslim.
32. Corporations are NOT people. People are people.
33. Fox News isn’t real news, it’s just a racist, sexist, hateful, right-wing propaganda machine.
34. The Federal Reserve was a Republican idea.
35. Women are equal citizens who deserve equal rights.
36. Women control their own bodies.
37. Abortion is a relevant medical procedure, just ask Rick Santorum.
38. Please use spell-check.
39. It’s “pundit”, not “pundint”.
40. Social Security is solvent through 2038.
41. Health care is a right, not a product.
42. Roe v. Wade was a bipartisan ruling made by a conservative leaning Supreme Court.
43. G.O.P also stands for Gross Old Perverts.
44. The donkey shouldn’t be the Democratic mascot because Republicans are the real jackasses.
45. Barack Obama ordered the killing of Osama Bin Laden. It took him two and half years to do what Bush couldn’t do in eight.
46. Waterboarding IS torture.
47. 9/11 happened on George W. Bush’s watch, therefore he did NOT keep America safe.
48. Republicans invaded Iraq for oil, so Iraq should be allowed to invade Texas to get it back.
49. Separation of church and state is in the Constitution, it’s called the First Amendment.
50. Muslims are protected by the Constitution, just as much as Christians.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 6 min Hmmmmmmmmm 5,949
kC principal injured 11 min idk 10
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 24 min SistaNoneYa 131,084
Judge ex and mayor have free db festival tickets 36 min Mom 1
Mike Smith, Mike Warren, Mike Baker 47 min Real Deal 7
thieves on 1527 59 min Hemi 2
Homeschooled girls gone wild 1 hr True Anon 3
The parent who flipped off and threatened every... 8 hr curious 16
Knox parent out of control goes after student a... 14 hr gator 26
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs