'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
80,581 - 80,600 of 146,928 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
BlueWing

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

jose cruze III wrote:
the USA has never before , been threatened by a unstable and nuclear armed nation ,...
under obamas rain of compliancy and incompetency ,..
a major city will probably be hit ,..
N.Korea does not have the capability to deliver one that far. Even when they do, it will be shot down within 10 miles of there own country preceeded by complete attack with the most awsome display of US power the world has ever seen. Does not matter who is president. Same goes for Iran who cant even buy a small bag of bubble gum due to sanctions. So anyone, please show me how they are a treat to us by nuclear arms
Jazz Guy

Shepherdsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

wow
jose cruze III

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

you think just like Mr obamas small minded
advisors

imagine this ...... if rusty old Mexican fishing boats can routinely drop off many tons of dope on a weekly basics ,...

how difficult would it be for north Korea to slip a small boat into san Francisco bay , LA harbor ,or up the Potomac river

sneaking in a leaky old san pan with a war head tucked in the hold ,.. would be no big feat ,..
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

The Moral Of The Story ...

She drank the whiskey on the way down so the bottle wouldn't break, and then her parachute landed her right in the middle of ten Iraqi troops.

She shot six of them with the pistol, until she ran out of bullets, killed three more with the knife, till the blade broke, and then she killed the last Iraqi with her bare hands.”

Good Heavens,” said the horrified teacher.“What did your daddy tell you was the moral to this story?”

More

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/03/2...
jose cruze III

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

civilians do not want war ,....
the common man never wants 'war'- but that never matters

our enemies have waited for the age when America finaly became weak and leaderless ,...
jose cruze III

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

you would make a great advisor for obama ,...

{ small minds think alike }

“Wild WILD West”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
The Moral Of The Story ...
She drank the whiskey on the way down so the bottle wouldn't break, and then her parachute landed her right in the middle of ten Iraqi troops.
She shot six of them with the pistol, until she ran out of bullets, killed three more with the knife, till the blade broke, and then she killed the last Iraqi with her bare hands.”
Good Heavens,” said the horrified teacher.“What did your daddy tell you was the moral to this story?”
More
“Stay away from Mommy when she’s been drinking.”

I clicked the link

Great story btw
Mariam Heinrich

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Thanks to Dr anguila spell shrine a strong and effective spell that helped me brought back my ex husband who left I and our kids because he found a little girl outside, but I thank my friend who referred me to Dranguilaspellshrine11@gmail.c om. The man brought my ex within the shortest possible time he promised.
Rico

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Hot C_2036 wrote:
<quoted text>
So now Jesus is in Hell
So how's that Diey, Savey thing working out for ya?
I regret having to reinvent myself so often. What say you?
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Worse wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, your interpetation of naturalized citizen is only shared by other birthers. Past politicians and constitutional experts are under the impression that anyone born legally in the US is a naturalized citizen as long as their parents were in the country legally. Check, and checkaroo. If anyone important believed he was an illegal alien, it would have gone further than it has.
LMAO!!! You better read your post again!!! Looks like you were drinking last night!!!
wtf

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! You better read your post again!!! Looks like you were drinking last night!!!
What is your excuse?

“for we are many”

Since: Dec 12

U.S.A.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

this ones for you wrote:
“I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church. For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit.”
Kahlil Gibran :)
Peace,Love and happiness
tofy
Hello old friend...

I see you got hooked on "the Game" lol.

I saw your sock on the boards (at least one), anyone who plays for a while creates socks, some because they learn from mistakes, others because they get banned.

wa'alikum asalaam
Repukes

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Happy Easter weekend everyone, even repukes. Here is your PRESIDENT's wishes as well.

President Obama Sends Easter and Passover Message

President Obama dedicated his weekly address to the celebration of two religious holidays this week - Easter and Passover - and urged Americans to engage in prayer and reflection over the weekend.

"For millions of Americans, this is a special and sacred time of year," President Obama said. "This week, Jewish families gathered around the Seder table commemorating the Exodus from Egypt and the triumph of faith over oppression. And this weekend, Michelle, Malia, Sasha and I will join Christians around the world to celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus Christ and the hopeful promise of Easter.

This weekend, I hope we're all able to take a moment to pause and reflect, to embrace our loved ones, to give thanks for our blessings, to rededicate ourselves to interests larger than our own," he said. "And to all the Christian families who are celebrating the Resurrection, Michelle and I wish you a blessed and joyful Easter."

http://news.yahoo.com/president-obama-sends-e...
Repukes

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Worse wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, your interpetation of naturalized citizen is only shared by other birthers. Past politicians and constitutional experts are under the impression that anyone born legally in the US is a naturalized citizen as long as their parents were in the country legally. Check, and checkaroo. If anyone important believed he was an illegal alien, it would have gone further than it has.
You are so right. If they could have proved it with all their money and resources (TRUMP) they would have prior to 2008. They will hang onto that birther crap until his term ends. Still won't change the fact that he is a TWO TERM PRESIDENT elected by the MAJORITY.

DITCH MITCH
Repukes

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

BlueWing wrote:
<quoted text> N.Korea does not have the capability to deliver one that far. Even when they do, it will be shot down within 10 miles of there own country preceeded by complete attack with the most awsome display of US power the world has ever seen. Does not matter who is president. Same goes for Iran who cant even buy a small bag of bubble gum due to sanctions. So anyone, please show me how they are a treat to us by nuclear arms
You are correct BlueWing. We have more than the world would ever believe in highly technical weapons. They know what is going on and they are prepared. North Korea is no threat to the U.S. Maybe South Korea, but it won't be for long. Deployments to Korea is up and we are prepared. Those gloom and doomers have to have something to keep them up at night. We have the BEST military in the world and they are NO threat to us.

DITCH MITCH
Repukes

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Those repukes never learn. It's 2013. You got to watch what you say. Ethnic slurs are a no no. They just can't help themselves. Bunch of racists.

Republicans chide Young for his 'wetbacks' comment

(CNN)– With the GOP actively working to reshape its image, it didn't take long for top Republicans to blast one of their own, Rep. Don Young, for using the derogatory term "wetbacks" in describing migrant workers from Mexico.

The longtime congressman from Alaska attempted to explain why he used the ethnic slur, but he's nevertheless seeing little mercy from some of the biggest voices in the GOP.

In perhaps one of the most forceful reactions, House Speaker John Boehner called for the congressman, who's now serving his 21st term, to apologize.

"Congressman Young's remarks were offensive and beneath the dignity of the office he holds. I don't care why he said it – there's no excuse and it warrants an immediate apology," he said.

Young, Alaska's sole congressman, originally made the comment during a sit-down interview with Ketchikan Public Radio earlier this week. Talking about how technology is affecting the economy, he referenced an anecdote from his family's farm in California.

"My father had a ranch; we used to have 50-60 wetbacks to pick tomatoes," Young said. "It takes two people to pick the same tomatoes now. It's all done by machine."

Young issued a statement Thursday to a local television station in Anchorage, which didn't come as a full apology but sought to clarify his reasoning behind using the word.

"I used a term that was commonly used during my days growing up on a farm in Central California," he said. "I know that this term is not used in the same way nowadays and I meant no disrespect."

The word is widely considered an ethnic slur and generally refers to those from Mexico who come to the United States illegally by crossing the Rio Grande River. It was used by the government in the 1950s for "Operation Wetback," a massive crackdown on illegal immigration along the U.S.-Mexico border.

But on the heels of a new Republican push to expand its outreach to minorities, especially Latinos, Democrats were quick to point out the comment as damaging–and similar reactions from Republicans started rolling in, as well.

Republican National Committee chairman Reince Priebus said Young's words "emphatically" don't represent the party.

"Our party represents freedom and opportunity for every American and a beacon of hope to those seeking liberty throughout the world," he said in a statement. "Offensive language and ethnic slurs have no place in our public discourse."

CONTINUED

DITCH MITCH
Repukes

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Continued:

Sen. John Cornyn of Texas, the number two Republican in the upper chamber, was also quick to seek distance from the comment. He blasted Young in a statement, saying migrant workers come to the country for work and opportunities, not to "hear ethnic slurs and derogatory language from elected officials."

"The comments used by Rep. Young do nothing to elevate our party, political discourse or the millions who come here looking for economic opportunity," he continued.

Sen. John McCain, one of the leading GOP voices on immigration reform, said on Twitter that Young's comments "were offensive and have no place in our Party or in our nation's discourse."

"He should apologize immediately," he added.
The party's tone on immigration became a focal point in the GOP's self-review following November's presidential election. One of the most talked-about issues was Mitt Romney's position in favor of "self-deportation," where undocumented immigrants would voluntarily leave, go home and get in the back of the line to re-apply for entry into the country.

In a report released earlier in March by the RNC, which showed the results of its months-long review after Election Day, the party described such language as harmful to the party's image and ability to connect with voters that generally fall outside of the GOP column.

"If Hispanic Americans perceive that a GOP nominee or candidate does not want them in the United States (i.e. self-deportation), they will not pay attention to our next sentence," the report stated. In one of its few policy recommendations, the report advised Republicans to "embrace and champion" comprehensive immigration reform.

And GOP Gov. Bobby Jindal of Louisiana focused on the impact of ill-fated comments earlier this year, when he said at the Republican National Committee winter meeting that the GOP has "to stop being the stupid party" and should start talking "like adults."

"It's no secret we've had a number of Republicans this year damage our brands with bizarre and offensive comments," he said. "I'm here to say we've had enough of that."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/03/...

There Is Outrage - but Tea Party Hispanics Silent Over Racial Slur
http://news.yahoo.com/outrage-tea-party-hispa...

No comment from the teabagger side.

DITCH MITCH
Repukes

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

He is as stupid as the other nutjob from Alaska..

I am Palin, hear me roar
(CNN)– She hasn't held elected office since 2009, and earlier this year ended her contributor gig at Fox News.
But Sarah Palin has a message for those who think she's out of the political game: think again.

Using the thunderous response she received earlier this month at a gathering of conservative activists, Palin declares her continued relevance in a new fundraising video distributed by her political group SarahPAC.
Clips of her speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference are spliced with analysis from cable television pundits, who use phrases like "superstar" and "plays by her own rules" to describe the former Alaska governor.
Palin's speech at CPAC took harsh aim at both President Barack Obama and establishment Republicans, who Palin characterized as cronies focused on electing moderate candidates. While she didn't specifically name Karl Rove, her criticism seemed like a less-than-veiled response to the former Bush adviser's new group, which is designed to help Republicans win primary contests.
"Don't let the big consultants, the big money men, and the big bad media scare you off," Palin is shown saying in her new video, adding later: "The next election is 20 months away. The last thing we need is Washington vetting our candidates."
The video goes on to tout Palin's own record endorsing candidates in the last election, using video of Sen. Ted Cruz's introduction of Palin at CPAC.
"She is fearless, she is principled, she can pick winners," Cruz is shown saying, before listing conservative candidates Palin backed through her political action group.
The video ends with Palin's signature bear growling toward the sky, with the words: "2014: We haven't yet begun to fight."
At the bottom of the page, viewers are asked to donate to help SarahPAC "elect more great conservatives."
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/03/...

former QUITTER Alaska governor.
she picks winners..hahaha

LET THE TEA PARTY/GRAND OLD PARTY BEAT DOWN BEGIN..
lmao @ the two party losers. Glad we only have ONE party and it is the MAJORITY.

I hope she runs again. lol

DITCH MITCH
Waiyusotan

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

jose cruze III wrote:
civilians do not want war ,....
the common man never wants 'war'- but that never matters
our enemies have waited for the age when America finaly became weak and leaderless ,...
War does not determine who is right. It determines who is left.
Really

Salyersville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Are you still pukin' there you poor youngun? You
demogaggers are in a state of shock because
your hopeful candidate of the fairer sex decided
not to face the impossible task of unseating
Good Ole Mitch, right? Okay keep on gagging
because we won't DITCH MITCH, instead we will
PITCH HIM another term if he so desires to serve
us again! Sorry Demogagger, the price of Emitrol
has just gone up since so many of you will
be needing it! Lol!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

113 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 4 min _-_Nope_-_ 81,562
Corn for Sale 19 min Chris Caldwell 4
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 39 min Jennifer Renee 3,808
1 Blessing From God 1 hr Stephen Levi 10
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr pusherman_ 128,948
Bipolar Women are better at Sex (Jan '11) 3 hr bipolar chick 24
parkway svc center (Jan '13) 3 hr Tutle Wax 6
•••
•••