'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
Repukes

Vine Grove, KY

#90886 Mar 29, 2013
Mitch McConnell's scorched-earth strategy

FRANKFORT, Ky.— Kentucky is the Bluegrass State, but by the time Mitch McConnell is done with his reelection campaign, it may be better known for scorched earth.

The top Senate Republican is preparing to wage a ruthless campaign to hang on to his job. He’s already on the air with nearly $200,000 in TV and radio ads, is assembling streams of data to target voters with tailor-made messages, and has quietly moved to lock down support from virtually every state GOP legislator. He says he’ll use “every penny” of a war chest certain to exceed the $21 million he spent in 2008.

The problem for McConnell is that any grand-bargain talks to cut the deficit would put him in a tight spot similar to 2008, when he helped broker the wildly unpopular bank bailout to help stabilize deteriorating financial markets just weeks before Election Day. He defeated Democrat Bruce Lunsford in a tight race, 53 percent to 47 percent.

“People in Kentucky are not big fans of the bank bailouts,” said Rep. Thomas Massie, a freshman tea party favorite from Northern Kentucky, pointing to the issue as a vulnerability for McConnell.“They still remember.”

Massie is one of the conservatives being suggested as a possible primary challenger, along with businessman Matthew Bevin and the defeated 2011 GOP candidate for state auditor, John Kemper, but no one has yet decided to take the plunge.

Despite getting encouragement from tea party activists, Massie says he won’t mount a primary campaign. He said such a move would be “foolish,” and he believes a conservative challenger would receive only about 20-25 percent of the vote.
Still, McConnell’s support is soft among some on the right.

Asked if he backed McConnell, Massie paused for several seconds and then said:“Do you put ‘long pause’ in the article?”

For his part, McConnell has worked to secure backing in the Kentucky GOP establishment and to co-opt any potential tea party opponents early on.

In 2012, when the establishment rallied around a Massie rival, McConnell sat out the primary and then raised money on Massie’s behalf for the general election. And after McConnell publicly endorsed Rand Paul’s rival in the 2010 Senate primary, the two have developed a close political alliance, and now the GOP leader says he’s “proud” to have the tea party freshman’s support in his campaign.

For McConnell to win — aside from stemming his losses in the more left-leaning areas of the state, including Jefferson County that encompasses Louisville and Fayette County that covers Lexington — he’ll have to sell voters on how his power in Washington has helped their lives. That job got harder after Congress effectively banned earmarks after the 2010 elections, meaning there will be fewer projects for McConnell to send home.

“All the energy in the campaign next year will be on the side that is interested in retiring him,” said Rep. John Yarmuth, a Democrat who represents the Louisville area and has known McConnell for more than four decades.“There will be no enthusiasm for his reelection.”

McConnell and his team already had coordinated a plan of attack to launch against Judd. But the only thing he would discuss was Democratic hand-wringing over her prospective candidacy.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/03/kentuck...

Guess he will be so busy campaigning for the next year and a half instead of representing Kentucky. Typical repukes, one election is over and they all jump on the campaign trail immediately. Let them spend their billions. It won't change anything, the GOP is dead. Teabaggers are taking them out.

Will a Tea Party Challenger Threaten McConnell?
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/201...

Unity: Rand Paul endorses Mitch McConnell
Too bad turtle man didn't endorse him. hahaha

DITCH MITCH
Repukes

Anonymous Proxy

#90887 Mar 29, 2013
You repubs are just plain dumb. We liberals get everything we want without working for it. Our youth are paying for our retirement and you morons want to work longer in life. We want you too as well. We get our food stamps, our cable television, our health care, cell phones and even free beer. All we have to do is sit back and vote for Obama. Ha Ha Ha,

Call us ignorant all you want and even not American. We do not care as long as we get free stuff. We know we are ignorant and lazy and steal from the youth who has to pay for it but man what a free ride.

Like others posting on here I do not like Obama because he is black but so what. I will still vote for him as long as he gives us stuff.

GO MITCH!
Repukes

Anonymous Proxy

#90888 Mar 29, 2013
Social security is a joke. We know it is going bankrupt but we paid into it and we do not care if future generations are getting cheated out of it. We want it now not later. Who cares about youth anyway. They have an entire life time to fix what we did.

GO MITCH!

P.S. Thanks for the votes!
Repukes

Anonymous Proxy

#90889 Mar 29, 2013
I really admire Mitch McConnell because he speaks the truth. But I admire Jesse Jackson the most. I know he is black and I despise that but he really keeps the blacks in line.

GO MITCH!
wtf

Danville, KY

#90890 Mar 29, 2013
Daniel wrote:
<quoted text>
I think all America should be afraid. This includes you, unless you are a Islamist Brotherhood Sympathizer. Read History about what happens to countries when the government disarms them. This dictator won't care that you were on his side when he screws the American people.
American will be easy pickings for any one who threatens this country.
Get an Education Stupid.
Repukes

Vine Grove, KY

#90891 Mar 29, 2013
I see the little troll was changing it's name over and over to comment racial and ignorant bullshit, that is why it followed the A LOSER over here from the Imigration thread Irish Rose told us about. Apperently it likes to use A Loser's name with the spinning countries locations. Not sure which is the biggest loser though. The one who posts nonsense and racial comments with other people's name along with it's many foreign country proxy locations or the nutjob with the caps, broken babbling sentences who spends the wee hours changing icons in her and her socks favor, who thinks she is the queen of topix. Both are seriously demented and nothing more than topix thread trolls. Repukes at their best games. Continue on idiots, we are amused. No substance in anything you have to say. Just a waste of air.

Carry on. Thanks for the votes.

The Republi-'con' motto:
......If you can keep the 'fools' fooled, then damn it, "KEEP 'EM FOOLED!"

hahaha

DITCH MITCH
Repukes

Vine Grove, KY

#90893 Mar 29, 2013
And lQQkie, a troll in the shadows waiting to steal names and post nonsense. So repuke typical. Have fun. Everyone knows you are the TROLL.

anonymous T
Chicago, IL

anonymous T
Netherlands

anonymous T
Anonymous Proxy

anonymous T
Amsterdam, Netherlands

anonymous T
Romania

anonymous T
Fremont, CA

anonymous T
Czech Republic

anonymous T
Turkey

anonymout T
Glasgow, UK

anonymous T
Paris, France

anonymous T
Germany

anonymous T
Fremont, CA

anonymout T
Prague, Czech Republic

anonymout T
Kiev, Ukraine

anonymout T
Odense, Denmark

anonymout T
Miami, FL

anonymouw T
Orem, UT

anonymouw T
Pittsburgh, PA

anonymouy T
Höst, Germany

Uncle Tab
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Uncle Tab
Anonymous Proxy

Uncle Tab
Saint Petersburg, Russia

Uncle Tab
Czech Republic

Repukes
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Repukes
Anonymous Proxy

Repukes
France

Repukes
Miami, FL

Repuke trolls playing games. Nothing but LOSERS.

The Republi-'con' motto:
......If you can keep the 'fools' fooled, then damn it, "KEEP 'EM FOOLED!"

hahaha

DITCH MITCH

DITCH MITCH
Repukes

Vine Grove, KY

#90894 Mar 29, 2013
Repukes wrote:
I really admire Mitch McConnell because he speaks the truth. But I admire Jesse Jackson the most. I know he is black and I despise that but he really keeps the blacks in line.
GO MITCH!
Repukes
Anonymous Proxy

Racist, ignorant TROLL

DITCH MITCH
Repukes

Vine Grove, KY

#90896 Mar 29, 2013
Repukes wrote:
Social security is a joke. We know it is going bankrupt but we paid into it and we do not care if future generations are getting cheated out of it. We want it now not later. Who cares about youth anyway. They have an entire life time to fix what we did.
GO MITCH!
P.S. Thanks for the votes!
Repukes
Anonymous Proxy

Racist, ignorant TROLL

DITCH MITCH
Repukes

Vine Grove, KY

#90897 Mar 29, 2013
Repukes wrote:
You repubs are just plain dumb. We liberals get everything we want without working for it. Our youth are paying for our retirement and you morons want to work longer in life. We want you too as well. We get our food stamps, our cable television, our health care, cell phones and even free beer. All we have to do is sit back and vote for Obama. Ha Ha Ha,
Call us ignorant all you want and even not American. We do not care as long as we get free stuff. We know we are ignorant and lazy and steal from the youth who has to pay for it but man what a free ride.
Like others posting on here I do not like Obama because he is black but so what. I will still vote for him as long as he gives us stuff.
GO MITCH!
Repukes
Anonymous Proxy

Racist, ignorant TROLL

DITCH MITCH
Repukes

Vine Grove, KY

#90898 Mar 29, 2013
Carry on loser troll. You aren't fooling anyone anymore than the A Loser. Keep trying. I have better things to do than watch you trolls today. Have fun. Just shows how desparate and ignorant you really are. A bunch of loser repuke lemming tools.

Repukes
Anonymous Proxy

Racist, ignorant TROLL

DITCH MITCH
Repukes

Anonymous Proxy

#90899 Mar 29, 2013
And the thing that gets me upset the most is being outsmarted by another troll. At least I admit I am a troll for the liberal media but when a troll on here outsmarts me I just get so upset I can not deal with it. All it does is drive me back into my six pack and soap operas.

I have every right to have racist feelings and I have plenty of those. I do not like Obama because he is black but I will still vote for him because he symbolizes my own lack of value. He gives us free stuff. Thats all I care about.

GO MITCH!
Repukes

Anonymous Proxy

#90900 Mar 29, 2013
Mitch really is the man for the job but I still will not vote for him. I would rather get my free stuff and sit on topix and drink beer all day than to support someone who wants to take that away from me.

You anonymous troll really make me mad! I just can not stand you and your outsmarting me everytime. I do not have time for you today and I am going to open my six pack and watch Days of Our Lives. Time to relax.

GO MITCH!
Repukes

Vine Grove, KY

#90902 Mar 29, 2013
foff ignorant loser troll. You are a mental case. Seek help. YOU are a true ignorant loser troll. Have fun ahole.

DITCH MITCH
Charles

Louisa, KY

#90909 Mar 29, 2013
Repukes wrote:
Repukes at it again. Guess this ignorant one didn't get the GOP Autopsy memo. haha Guess they won't get any latino votes anytime soon. They never learn.
Slur does GOP no favors
For a Republican Party that desperately wants to improve its image among Latinos and is looking to pin any blame on President Obama for failing to achieve immigration reform, this news is an unwelcome development. In an interview this week with a local radio station, longtime Alaska Congressman Don Young, a Republican, referred to immigrant workers as "wetbacks," NBC’s Mike O’Brien reports
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/29...
GOP lawmaker calls Hispanic workers ‘wetbacks’
GOP congressman uses ethnic slur to describe laborers
A Republican congressman from Alaska on Thursday used a slur referring to immigrants, particularly Mexicans, in an interview with a public radio station in his home state.
"My father had a ranch; we used to have 50-60 wetbacks to pick tomatoes," Young said in an interview with radio station KRBD. He was discussing the number of jobs that have been made irrelevant due to advances in automation. The interview was first surfaced by Buzzfeed
"Wetback" is a derogatory term for migrant workers, particularly Mexicans or Mexican-Americans who now reside in the United States.
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/28...
DITCH MITCH
I would like to point out that "nappy" head was considered a slur as well, but I tell my daughter she'll get a nappy head if she doesn't remove all the tats. It doesn't matter if I'm called whitey, local yokel, hick, hillbilly. So, why should they care? Isn't a person's character or lack of it more important?
last night

United States

#90910 Mar 29, 2013
Lot of talk nothing said.
countrygirl

Cadiz, KY

#90911 Mar 29, 2013
Daniel wrote:
<quoted text>
I think all America should be afraid. This includes you, unless you are a Islamist Brotherhood Sympathizer. Read History about what happens to countries when the government disarms them. This dictator won't care that you were on his side when he screws the American people.
American will be easy pickings for any one who threatens this country.
you can bear freaking arms! You Don't need
assault weapons. Unstable people get hold of them
and shoot up masses of people. Why is that hard
to understand? FEAR DOOM AND GLOOM
countrygirl

Cadiz, KY

#90912 Mar 29, 2013
all you trashbaggies do, is moan and groan all
the dam time . be thankful for what you have,
I woke up this morning. Yah! my kids are OK
Yah!! nobody came and violated my constitutional rights. Yah! I lived through the
first 4years with a President named
Barack Obama Yah!!! Ole ingreats!!
(fist bumps to my cliques )

Ninety Nine Percent

London, KY

#90913 Mar 29, 2013
All that Democrats Want is Back Ground Checks, to many Idiots with Guns! however I think that the Shootings, make me want a GUN, instead of getting rid of them! and have the same GUN the Police Have! I Know that I could not Win, if it came down to it, against the Police, or the GOV. however, not unlike Patrick Henry, give me Liberty, or give me Death! I like having that Option! because I will not be Tread Opon! by anyone! I am Glad People are starting to Wake Up, and becoming Interested in what is going on. I just Hope, Average People Figure Out, who Truly Represents them, and what the Issues are, not Abortion, Gays, and Guns! If you think Mitch, is Representing You, I have some Swamp Land I would like to sell you! But it is disturbing, that Clinton, picks who will Run against Mitch, that is exactly what is wrong with our State, and Country!Money Rules!!!!
poot

Morehead, KY

#90914 Mar 29, 2013
10-4 !!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 min ChromiuMan 131,932
Looking for a girl who will POOP all OVER me! ;P (Apr '14) 45 min Amos 17
Bastards 1 hr wondering 4
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 5 hr SLY WEST 3,606
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 5 hr SLY WEST 406
How many kindergarten teachers at Lay? 7 hr briar 15
judy basinger (Jul '09) 8 hr roaddog 74 18
dinky phipps 10 hr Yep 4
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) 22 hr Lisa 185
To the Garland family 23 hr jack 7
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web