'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
wtf

Glasgow, KY

#81962 Feb 20, 2013
did u know wrote:
<quoted text>
But first, you have to go way, way back. The telephone business was once a regulated monopoly, which in practice meant the government could tell the phone companies to do things like providing discount service for poor people or pay to string wires out to remote areas in exchange for continuing to enjoy their monopoly. But over the course of the last 30 years, starting with the 1984 break-up of the AT&T monopoly of local telephone service into Baby Bells, regulations have eased as new telecommunication providers have emerged.
The creation of the Lifeline program -- which has now been dubbed the "Obama phone" -- during the Reagan administration was one of these attempts to ensure that the new fragmented and competitive telecom industry still provided the same public goods that the old monopoly did. Far from a government cheese handout, Lifeline was funded through a "universal service charge" on phone bills, and then administered by a private non-profit. While the distinction between a surcharge and a tax may seem technical, it was specifically selected to over a proposed welfare program a straight-up handout referred to as "phone stamps." The Universal Service Fund was created to be a lean, nimble private sector beast.
The guys who came up with the idea for Lifeline were Republican Sen. Bob Packwood and Democratic Rep. John Dingell. The Reagan administration soon got on board, as The New York Times reported on December 27, 1983, in part because of "a growing recognition that the price of telephone service could become a 1984 campaign issue." Then other Republicans got on board -- Sens. John Heinz and John Chafee urged the Federal Communications Commission to "take concrete steps to ensure that local telephone companies offer lifeline programs designed to preserve affordable phone service," according to The Washington Post on September 15, 1985.
Initially, AT&T and MCI attacked the proposed legislation. Telecom executives wanted "phone stamps," and thought a government agency should "target a subsidy to the needy," as AT&T chairman Charles L. Brown told Congress in 1983. But Lifeline backers didn't "want to create a politically vulnerable and unwieldy government 'phone-stamp' program that would subsidize phone service for the poor through increases in state and federal taxes," The Washington Post reported July 30, 1983. Phone companies were already subsidizing local service through long-distance rates, and supporters wanted Lifeline funded in a similar way. Thus a new line appeared on phone bills.
Lifeline was expanded in 1996 in yet another moment of pushing for small government. AT&T agreed to offer more plans to low-income people in exchange for an end to the FCC's last phone price controls, as The New York Times reported September 28, 1995. The Telecommunications Act of 1996 created the Universal Service Fund, which mobile phone carriers had to contribute to. The money collected by the universal service fee goes to the Universal Service Administrative Company, which gives the money back to companies to build cell towers in rural areas, offer service to poor people, get schools and libraries connected to the Internet
So how come so few knew of the free cell phones and free minutes when Reagan and Bush and Clinton were in office? Why is it that the numbers skyrocketed on Obama's watch? Why is it that 20 million more Americans went of food stamps on Obama's watch? Just admit it...the dems bought America's votes with freebies such as the free cell phone and the food stamp rations. Obama and the dems knew that if they had enough unemployed citizens and enough citizens at the poverty level and enough freebies t satisfy the ho's and the deadbeat pill poppin so-called dads...those people would NEVER bite the hand that now force feeds them. And they didn't. They voted sugar daddy right back into office. We all have to pay for that now.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#81963 Feb 20, 2013
dweebydilbert wrote:
Woman Dumps Boyfriend After Finding Him with Another Woman in Online Map
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/woma...
Talk about getting caught red-handed !
Hey AL. Another alter ego? I thought you were riding your bmx to Louisiana?
wtf

Glasgow, KY

#81964 Feb 20, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey ILovethegovernmentcheeseHere,s till obsessing about AL? Why yes, yes you are! Green jealousy is just not a good look for you. lmao

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#81965 Feb 20, 2013
I don't wear green, what a god awful color, really.

“We ain't GOT no problems”

Since: Feb 13

dilbertville USA

#81966 Feb 20, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Elias Boudinot.
He did not serve in the Continental Army with distinction, he did not sign the Declaration of Independence or the Articles ot the Constitution. After being elected to the Congress from his home state of New Jersey, he served as the new nation's Secretary for Foreign Affairs. Then in 1783 he was elected to be President. He served from November 4, 1782 until November 2, 1782. Elias was a classically trained scholar of the Reformed faith, and an anti-federalist in political matters an had a grandchild that became a leader of the Cherokee nation..
http://library.thinkquest.org/TQ0312172/early...

President For A Day.

David Rice
Atchison:

He was born in Frogtown, Kentucky on August 11, 1807, attended a University in Lexington and studied law.
http://library.thinkquest.org/TQ0312172/early...

dilbertville USA

#81967 Feb 20, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgot something with that other comment.

I verily welcome the compliment, and comparison, but no not AL. She's way smarter than me. Good teacher though and I do try to copy her. Must be working.
Constitution Party

Sparks, NV

#81968 Feb 20, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw, you want Rand Paul out of the running for the future presidential election because Killary will either have senility or
a stroke or lost alot of her followers to younger ones.
You can stop the fraudulent posts about how you are a supporter of Ron Paul, we the intellectual, bright eyes, intelligent with a whopper of a common sense level see through you.
Oh, no need to state you are transparent as your leader(wannabe Hitler Obama)we beg to differ.
Another Rand Paul supporter!
Constitution Party

Sparks, NV

#81969 Feb 20, 2013
screw the unions wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, He's a whole lot smarter than harry reid.
Constitution Party

Sparks, NV

#81970 Feb 20, 2013
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
Since all law breakers should be treated alike,what laws did your six break?Just because you don`t care for their policies doesn`t mean any law was broken,so tell us what law was.

dilbertville USA

#81971 Feb 20, 2013
Here's another one!

dilbertville USA

#81972 Feb 20, 2013
The coming Rand Paul-Ted Cruz brawl

New leaders like Cruz, perhaps. The Harvard-educated Hispanic lawyer has already earned plenty of calls to follow the Obama playbook and run for the presidency in 2016. And, also like Obama, questions have been raised about his eligibility for the White House (Cruz was born in Canada to American parents).

http://www.salon.com/2013/02/20/the_coming_ra...

I like both of these.
Banger

Greenville, KY

#81974 Feb 20, 2013
Repukes

Vine Grove, KY

#81975 Feb 20, 2013
Tea Party group apologizes for dressing up Karl Rove as a Nazi

The Tea Party fancies itself as an antidote to slick, professional politics as usual, but they might need a media consultant. Bad enough when one faction posted an appalling video suggesting Hillary Clinton being, uh, pleasured. Now the Tea Party Patriots organization is apologizing for sending out a fundraising email which linked to a picture of Karl Rove in an SS uniform. Rove's new Super PAC aims to fund more mainstream candidates, and the TPP email decries "'Republicans' like Rove" for calling "Tea Party members 'racists,''bigots,''paranoid' and even political 'underbrush.'" Rove has accepted the apology.

http://now.msn.com/karl-rove-pictured-in-nazi...

Don't you love when the Party of Two eat their own...lmao on this one. That sounds like the teabagger we know and they deny. Just too funny. Meanwhile the Dems win elections. Can't wait for 2014 to watch these clowns again. Quite amusing in their little Paul Revere costumes carrying their hate, racist, gloom and doom signs, just like in 2010. Yeah, you repukes are tripping.

HILLARY 2014
Repukes

Vine Grove, KY

#81976 Feb 20, 2013
..HILLARY 2016

You repukes jump on that one. I am tired obviously from being out enjoying life. 2014 election will be major fun with you twisted bunch. If the guys in the white coats don't come and get you first. Or maybe those guys in the black suits that had to visit your lunatic, draft dodging has been rock star.

Tootles, little lemmings and the queen sheep/goat. Change a few names and register, then come back pretending to be someone else. How transparent. You know who you are. rotflmao @ you

LEMMINGS
It is derived from lemmings who literally follow each other off of cliffs and fall to their death for no other reason than the lemming in front of them did it.(or the baaaaing sheep/goat queen) lol
Banger

Greenville, KY

#81977 Feb 20, 2013
Repukes wrote:
Tea Party group apologizes for dressing up Karl Rove as a Nazi
The Tea Party fancies itself as an antidote to slick, professional politics as usual, but they might need a media consultant. Bad enough when one faction posted an appalling video suggesting Hillary Clinton being, uh, pleasured. Now the Tea Party Patriots organization is apologizing for sending out a fundraising email which linked to a picture of Karl Rove in an SS uniform. Rove's new Super PAC aims to fund more mainstream candidates, and the TPP email decries "'Republicans' like Rove" for calling "Tea Party members 'racists,''bigots,''paranoid' and even political 'underbrush.'" Rove has accepted the apology.
http://now.msn.com/karl-rove-pictured-in-nazi...
Don't you love when the Party of Two eat their own...lmao on this one. That sounds like the teabagger we know and they deny. Just too funny. Meanwhile the Dems win elections. Can't wait for 2014 to watch these clowns again. Quite amusing in their little Paul Revere costumes carrying their hate, racist, gloom and doom signs, just like in 2010. Yeah, you repukes are tripping.
HILLARY 2014
You have got to be kidding? She has already been fired from one job and now you think she is fit to be President? We already have one joke in the White House.
Banger

Greenville, KY

#81978 Feb 20, 2013
You all are talking of the free cell phones, well these younger people whom the government is using our tax dollars to pay for them to go to school is also getting up to $1500 to help them fix their car so they can go to a job or to school. I know of one girl that used the money to put all new tires on her car. I had to help pay for it and I can't even afford to put tires on my own car.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#81980 Feb 21, 2013
Repukes wrote:
..HILLARY 2016
You repukes jump on that one. I am tired obviously from being out enjoying life. 2014 election will be major fun with you twisted bunch. If the guys in the white coats don't come and get you first. Or maybe those guys in the black suits that had to visit your lunatic, draft dodging has been rock star.
Tootles, little lemmings and the queen sheep/goat. Change a few names and register, then come back pretending to be someone else. How transparent. You know who you are. rotflmao @ you
LEMMINGS
It is derived from lemmings who literally follow each other off of cliffs and fall to their death for no other reason than the lemming in front of them did it.(or the baaaaing sheep/goat queen) lol
E-I-E-I-O!! Now don't forget to take your piggy "Barack" witch you! You do know there is things around here that will eat that little boy!
Constitution Party

Sparks, NV

#81981 Feb 21, 2013
Banger wrote:
Another Troll!
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#81982 Feb 21, 2013
dweebydilbert wrote:
The coming Rand Paul-Ted Cruz brawl
New leaders like Cruz, perhaps. The Harvard-educated Hispanic lawyer has already earned plenty of calls to follow the Obama playbook and run for the presidency in 2016. And, also like Obama, questions have been raised about his eligibility for the White House (Cruz was born in Canada to American parents).
http://www.salon.com/2013/02/20/the_coming_ra...
I like both of these.
Show me where his father was a citizen of the US and I will shut up!
wtf

Pikeville, KY

#81983 Feb 21, 2013
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>Show me where his father was a citizen of the US and I will shut up!
Does not matter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 5 min little church girl 4,580
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 28 min Johnny Blade 81,634
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 37 min Answer 10
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 26,266
Republicans have tunnel vision!! 5 hr God 74
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr Virgin Merry 131,006
Breeze Gregory 7 hr Holly blevins 3
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••