'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
73,141 - 73,160 of 147,249 Comments Last updated 15 min ago
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are having difficult reading the post.
I stated I don't have a cell phone but yet on my landline telephone bill is a charge: Lifeline or Universal fee that pays for someone else to get a cell phone free. This is called a fee, not taxes.
I never stated taxes and I plainly stated I do not have a cell phone.
Is this much easier to understand??

Hey R, I just looked at my ATT phone bill, landline. I did not see the word Lifeline, but what I did see was "Federal Universal Service Fee." I'd like to know what that is, for a fact, because any services I get, like inside, outside wiring, call waiting, caller ID or long distance is already listed separately. Interesting wording isn't it? Just call it something they won't understand or pay attention to and here we go!!!!!!
dems are retards

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

did u know wrote:
<quoted text>
It's no more "The Obama Free Cell Phone" than it was the Bush 1, Bush 2, Clinton, etc....etc....all the way back to Reagan Free Cell Phone.
looks like the libs have run out of 'it's Bushs fault', they gotta go all the way back to Reagan, baaaaaaaaaa
Worse

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>The proof is in the framers of the 14th, would you care to read them? I can give you everything that was discussed the floors of congress!
No need. It's not up to me to vet the applicants.

“We ain't GOT no problems”

Since: Feb 13

dilbertville USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Woman Dumps Boyfriend After Finding Him with Another Woman in Online Map

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/woma...

Talk about getting caught red-handed !
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Hey, all you liberals (useless breathers), I have some oceanfront property in Arizona! Would you care to invest?
OZombies

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

did u know wrote:
<quoted text>
It's no more "The Obama Free Cell Phone" than it was the Bush 1, Bush 2, Clinton, etc....etc....all the way back to Reagan Free Cell Phone.
Stop going back! Obama can STOP and make changes like everything else. Why in the hell it's everyone else's fault but Obama's? Cut the crap dude!
wtf

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

did u know wrote:
<quoted text>
The only difference between now and then is that Bush and Clinton didn't use the free phones and food stamps as voting bait. Obama did. He publicized the freebies and it worked. Free cell phones and free minutes and 20 million more on food stamps. Hell, Obama even advertised food stamps in Mexico to help the illegals figure out how to get food stamps when they got here. Pelosi even said more people on food stamps is great for our economy. Have you ever listened to a damn thing the democrats say? Have you ever watched how they do things? Oh, that's right...you are just a repeater. Never mind.
did u know

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

dems are retards wrote:
<quoted text>
looks like the libs have run out of 'it's Bushs fault', they gotta go all the way back to Reagan, baaaaaaaaaa
But first, you have to go way, way back. The telephone business was once a regulated monopoly, which in practice meant the government could tell the phone companies to do things like providing discount service for poor people or pay to string wires out to remote areas in exchange for continuing to enjoy their monopoly. But over the course of the last 30 years, starting with the 1984 break-up of the AT&T monopoly of local telephone service into Baby Bells, regulations have eased as new telecommunication providers have emerged.

The creation of the Lifeline program -- which has now been dubbed the "Obama phone" -- during the Reagan administration was one of these attempts to ensure that the new fragmented and competitive telecom industry still provided the same public goods that the old monopoly did. Far from a government cheese handout, Lifeline was funded through a "universal service charge" on phone bills, and then administered by a private non-profit. While the distinction between a surcharge and a tax may seem technical, it was specifically selected to over a proposed welfare program a straight-up handout referred to as "phone stamps." The Universal Service Fund was created to be a lean, nimble private sector beast.

The guys who came up with the idea for Lifeline were Republican Sen. Bob Packwood and Democratic Rep. John Dingell. The Reagan administration soon got on board, as The New York Times reported on December 27, 1983, in part because of "a growing recognition that the price of telephone service could become a 1984 campaign issue." Then other Republicans got on board -- Sens. John Heinz and John Chafee urged the Federal Communications Commission to "take concrete steps to ensure that local telephone companies offer lifeline programs designed to preserve affordable phone service," according to The Washington Post on September 15, 1985.

Initially, AT&T and MCI attacked the proposed legislation. Telecom executives wanted "phone stamps," and thought a government agency should "target a subsidy to the needy," as AT&T chairman Charles L. Brown told Congress in 1983. But Lifeline backers didn't "want to create a politically vulnerable and unwieldy government 'phone-stamp' program that would subsidize phone service for the poor through increases in state and federal taxes," The Washington Post reported July 30, 1983. Phone companies were already subsidizing local service through long-distance rates, and supporters wanted Lifeline funded in a similar way. Thus a new line appeared on phone bills.

Lifeline was expanded in 1996 in yet another moment of pushing for small government. AT&T agreed to offer more plans to low-income people in exchange for an end to the FCC's last phone price controls, as The New York Times reported September 28, 1995. The Telecommunications Act of 1996 created the Universal Service Fund, which mobile phone carriers had to contribute to. The money collected by the universal service fee goes to the Universal Service Administrative Company, which gives the money back to companies to build cell towers in rural areas, offer service to poor people, get schools and libraries connected to the Internet, and get rural health care providers communications services.
wtf

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

did u know wrote:
<quoted text>
But first, you have to go way, way back. The telephone business was once a regulated monopoly, which in practice meant the government could tell the phone companies to do things like providing discount service for poor people or pay to string wires out to remote areas in exchange for continuing to enjoy their monopoly. But over the course of the last 30 years, starting with the 1984 break-up of the AT&T monopoly of local telephone service into Baby Bells, regulations have eased as new telecommunication providers have emerged.
The creation of the Lifeline program -- which has now been dubbed the "Obama phone" -- during the Reagan administration was one of these attempts to ensure that the new fragmented and competitive telecom industry still provided the same public goods that the old monopoly did. Far from a government cheese handout, Lifeline was funded through a "universal service charge" on phone bills, and then administered by a private non-profit. While the distinction between a surcharge and a tax may seem technical, it was specifically selected to over a proposed welfare program a straight-up handout referred to as "phone stamps." The Universal Service Fund was created to be a lean, nimble private sector beast.
The guys who came up with the idea for Lifeline were Republican Sen. Bob Packwood and Democratic Rep. John Dingell. The Reagan administration soon got on board, as The New York Times reported on December 27, 1983, in part because of "a growing recognition that the price of telephone service could become a 1984 campaign issue." Then other Republicans got on board -- Sens. John Heinz and John Chafee urged the Federal Communications Commission to "take concrete steps to ensure that local telephone companies offer lifeline programs designed to preserve affordable phone service," according to The Washington Post on September 15, 1985.
Initially, AT&T and MCI attacked the proposed legislation. Telecom executives wanted "phone stamps," and thought a government agency should "target a subsidy to the needy," as AT&T chairman Charles L. Brown told Congress in 1983. But Lifeline backers didn't "want to create a politically vulnerable and unwieldy government 'phone-stamp' program that would subsidize phone service for the poor through increases in state and federal taxes," The Washington Post reported July 30, 1983. Phone companies were already subsidizing local service through long-distance rates, and supporters wanted Lifeline funded in a similar way. Thus a new line appeared on phone bills.
Lifeline was expanded in 1996 in yet another moment of pushing for small government. AT&T agreed to offer more plans to low-income people in exchange for an end to the FCC's last phone price controls, as The New York Times reported September 28, 1995. The Telecommunications Act of 1996 created the Universal Service Fund, which mobile phone carriers had to contribute to. The money collected by the universal service fee goes to the Universal Service Administrative Company, which gives the money back to companies to build cell towers in rural areas, offer service to poor people, get schools and libraries connected to the Internet
So how come so few knew of the free cell phones and free minutes when Reagan and Bush and Clinton were in office? Why is it that the numbers skyrocketed on Obama's watch? Why is it that 20 million more Americans went of food stamps on Obama's watch? Just admit it...the dems bought America's votes with freebies such as the free cell phone and the food stamp rations. Obama and the dems knew that if they had enough unemployed citizens and enough citizens at the poverty level and enough freebies t satisfy the ho's and the deadbeat pill poppin so-called dads...those people would NEVER bite the hand that now force feeds them. And they didn't. They voted sugar daddy right back into office. We all have to pay for that now.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

dweebydilbert wrote:
Woman Dumps Boyfriend After Finding Him with Another Woman in Online Map
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/woma...
Talk about getting caught red-handed !
Hey AL. Another alter ego? I thought you were riding your bmx to Louisiana?
wtf

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey ILovethegovernmentcheeseHere,s till obsessing about AL? Why yes, yes you are! Green jealousy is just not a good look for you. lmao

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

I don't wear green, what a god awful color, really.

dilbertville USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Elias Boudinot.
He did not serve in the Continental Army with distinction, he did not sign the Declaration of Independence or the Articles ot the Constitution. After being elected to the Congress from his home state of New Jersey, he served as the new nation's Secretary for Foreign Affairs. Then in 1783 he was elected to be President. He served from November 4, 1782 until November 2, 1782. Elias was a classically trained scholar of the Reformed faith, and an anti-federalist in political matters an had a grandchild that became a leader of the Cherokee nation..
http://library.thinkquest.org/TQ0312172/early...

President For A Day.

David Rice
Atchison:

He was born in Frogtown, Kentucky on August 11, 1807, attended a University in Lexington and studied law.
http://library.thinkquest.org/TQ0312172/early...

dilbertville USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgot something with that other comment.

I verily welcome the compliment, and comparison, but no not AL. She's way smarter than me. Good teacher though and I do try to copy her. Must be working.
Constitution Party

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw, you want Rand Paul out of the running for the future presidential election because Killary will either have senility or
a stroke or lost alot of her followers to younger ones.
You can stop the fraudulent posts about how you are a supporter of Ron Paul, we the intellectual, bright eyes, intelligent with a whopper of a common sense level see through you.
Oh, no need to state you are transparent as your leader(wannabe Hitler Obama)we beg to differ.
Another Rand Paul supporter!
Constitution Party

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

screw the unions wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, He's a whole lot smarter than harry reid.
Constitution Party

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
Since all law breakers should be treated alike,what laws did your six break?Just because you don`t care for their policies doesn`t mean any law was broken,so tell us what law was.

dilbertville USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Here's another one!

dilbertville USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

The coming Rand Paul-Ted Cruz brawl

New leaders like Cruz, perhaps. The Harvard-educated Hispanic lawyer has already earned plenty of calls to follow the Obama playbook and run for the presidency in 2016. And, also like Obama, questions have been raised about his eligibility for the White House (Cruz was born in Canada to American parents).

http://www.salon.com/2013/02/20/the_coming_ra...

I like both of these.
Banger

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 21 min Night Fury 129,042
New club in Barbourville? 3 hr Bville resident 13
Teresa Johnson and Rex 7 hr wondering 5
john sowders 7 hr Lay student 10
Please Ladies answer this question for me 7 hr LMAO 7
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 8 hr Gfm 81,565
Who will barbourvilles NEW police chief 8 hr Jack 22
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••