'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 182800 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

“We ain't GOT no problems”

Since: Feb 13

dilbertville USA

#81912 Feb 20, 2013
Today, Barack Obama spoke out about the pending sequestration flanked by first responders and others. What he did not mention was -that- sequestration was President Obama’s idea.

http://www.redstate.com/2013/02/19/then-why-d...

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#81913 Feb 20, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough.
My problem is why do welfare people need a cell phone, its not like they are awaiting a phone call for employment. If they were, then why has the food stamps rose to almost 20 million people in 4 years.
I don't own a cell phone, never have and I work.
The first cell phone for the poor program could ONLY make calls to 911. Then under Clinton that was changed so those looking for work could list a contact phone number. BUT, any minutes used to MAKE a call has to be paid for by the person with the phone. No actual Tax dollars have ever been used for the program. And since you DO NOT have a cell phone you have NEVER paid one dime for the program.

P.S. Nothing about the program has changed under Obama !!!!!!!!!! It's been the same for the past 15 years.
OZombies

Mesa, AZ

#81914 Feb 20, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I just finished watching the news where a clip of Gov. Cuomo of N.Y. was saying, it is now legal to perform full-term abortion for any reasons the mother chooses. It went on to say that any nurse/nurse practioner or Physician Assistant can perform this procedure.
This is for abortions on pregnant women 6 mos. to 9 mos. along.
Have you ever seen a baby aborted at 6 mos. They are completely formed and you will need a instrument to puncture the skull and puncture the brain. It must be done while the baby is still in the birth canal or it would be consider murder per the idiotic gov. The baby can be moving their little hands or even crying but too bad, they are murdered.
Read the Healthcare law, section 1233 about this. It states that nurses and phy. asst. can make the decision.
It also, stated that Gov. Cuomo rating has not gone down, still at 59%, so the New Yorkers are condoning this.
Infantile Genocide now in affect---who will be next?
Please don't R...this all make me sick to my stomach ...I have little guy in my family born premature, at 6 months...adorable little angel...absolutely nothing wrong with him...

I don't get those monsters!
Jay

Paris, TN

#81915 Feb 20, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Google: Lifeline free cell phones.No the cell phone for food stamp recipients is not paid by telecommunications companies---they transferred those charges to their customers or guess what, why is it on your bill?
You must be a food stamp recipient or a welfare recipient or low income in order to receive this.
This is an added charge on people's telephone bill and some, such as myself don't even own a cell phone but do work and pay for someone too lazy to work to have a cell phone free.
Reminder, Obama is president of the USA and he can discontinue this program, even though he did not start this program, he is still a condoner and author of this bill.
Instead, his Admin has added almost 20 MILLION more recipients to the free cell phones, so yes, this can be consider "The Obama Free Cell Phone."

You're absolutely right. I don't know how anybody can dispute this. There may be no line on your bill that says, "Your share toward free phones." But look at the taxes that are added to any phone, be it cell or other types.

Taxes are charged over and over on your phone bill for any little thing you use out of the ordinary. State, Federal, Local, long distance - State, Federal Local, 911, connection fee and on and on.
Reality

Frankfort, KY

#81917 Feb 20, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's how it use to be a few years back.
Cell phones were given to women in battered housing units. Basically women escaping abusive husbands. They did not give you a whole lot of time on it, but it was to be use in an emergency or for 911. I think I recall someone saying that you got about 60 minutes, of which you got more time if you did not call but used the texting, except for 911.
As time passed, Verizon had a letter out saying that if you turn in your old cell phone they would refurbish it and give it to these women free. As you and I know, nothing is free. Someone pays for it.
Today, SafeLink is given to anyone on food stamps at no charge. Although you don't get a lot of minutes you do get more if you use it to text. Still and all, someone pays for it, and it could be us in some hidden fee in our own cell phone bill.
One thing is,(SafeLink)
the phone is given only to one person if they are a married couple and he is not working or whatever. He can not apply for a phone as it is given for one person in the family.
That's what little bit I know about cell phones, but I do not see reference to me paying extra for someone else on my Verizon bill. Guess maybe I should either check closer or call and ask them.
The program is Lifeline now. Anyone on food stamps, welfare or low income can receive a free cell phone, paid admin. fee and 260 minutes. It has now become a scam. As soon as the women use the minutes up on this cell phone, they will go apply for another cell phone under a different name.

Indiana is investigating now and found out why this state alone went from 600,000 thousand women on food stamps getting free cell phones to 1.5 million in one year in one city.

Google: How to get a free lifeline cell phone or Lifeline free cell phone to food stamp recipients----it has become a scam.

Even when the mins. run out, they either scam to get another or we are still paying for the extra minutes with welfare checks....trust me.

This is why you walk into stores such as Walmarts where all of the welfare mothers hang out, you know this because how come they do not work. Anyway, go there and watch the women, everyone of them have cell phones. Watch the hispanics not only have 4 to 5 children hanging onto them, they have a cell phone. How to you come to America to escape poverty in your country and presto--you can afford a cell phone.

Please google it.
Reality

Frankfort, KY

#81918 Feb 20, 2013
OZombies wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't R...this all make me sick to my stomach ...I have little guy in my family born premature, at 6 months...adorable little angel...absolutely nothing wrong with him...
I don't get those monsters!
Please pray for these babies.

Thank you.
Wkwkwk

United States

#81919 Feb 20, 2013
Kejejejekeie
Reality

Frankfort, KY

#81920 Feb 20, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>The first cell phone for the poor program could ONLY make calls to 911. Then under Clinton that was changed so those looking for work could list a contact phone number. BUT, any minutes used to MAKE a call has to be paid for by the person with the phone. No actual Tax dollars have ever been used for the program. And since you DO NOT have a cell phone you have NEVER paid one dime for the program.
P.S. Nothing about the program has changed under Obama !!!!!!!!!! It's been the same for the past 15 years.
Steps to take for the uninformed..

Google it.
or
Go up to a welfare mother with a cell phone and ask them how they are able to afford the cell phone.
or
Educate yourself to truth.

I have two lazy nieces on welfare and they both have cell phones paid for by tax payers and they have no problem telling the family who is paying for it.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#81921 Feb 20, 2013
Hey, all you got-dam liberal freaks out there, can you prove Obama is a citizen of the US?
Come on that shouldn't be so hard!
did u know

Martin, TN

#81922 Feb 20, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I just finished watching the news where a clip of Gov. Cuomo of N.Y. was saying, it is now legal to perform full-term abortion for any reasons the mother chooses. It went on to say that any nurse/nurse practioner or Physician Assistant can perform this procedure.
This is for abortions on pregnant women 6 mos. to 9 mos. along.
Have you ever seen a baby aborted at 6 mos. They are completely formed and you will need a instrument to puncture the skull and puncture the brain. It must be done while the baby is still in the birth canal or it would be consider murder per the idiotic gov. The baby can be moving their little hands or even crying but too bad, they are murdered.
Read the Healthcare law, section 1233 about this. It states that nurses and phy. asst. can make the decision.
It also, stated that Gov. Cuomo rating has not gone down, still at 59%, so the New Yorkers are condoning this.
Infantile Genocide now in affect---who will be next?
Adding fuel to a growing misinformation campaign about abortion coverage under Obamacare, Rep. Chris Smith (R-N.J.) recently kicked a bees' nest of Catholics and anti-abortion activists when he asserted that Obamacare contains an "abortion surcharge and a secrecy clause" that forces "pro-life Americans ... to pay for other people's abortions."

In fact, the policy does not require anyone who does not want abortion coverage to pay for it. Under the law, states have to offer at least one health plan on their insurance exchanges that doesn't cover abortion services at all. If a state decides it does want to have health plans that cover abortion services on its exchange, and if a woman chooses one of those plans, then she has to pay a separate fee of at least $1 to a separate account for that coverage in order to make sure no federal dollars are used to support abortion services.
Reality

Frankfort, KY

#81923 Feb 20, 2013
The world is filled with violence because criminals carry guns, we decent law abiding citizens should also have guns.
Otherwise they will win and decent people will lose.

James Earl Jones
Reality

Frankfort, KY

#81924 Feb 20, 2013
What could the government do if we all decided not to pay taxes?
Jay

Paris, TN

#81925 Feb 20, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Please pray for these babies.
Thank you.

Yes,*Reality and *OZ, and this low-down, double-standard, two-faced, POS, SOB is a Roman Catholic and opposes the death sentence!!!
did u know

Martin, TN

#81926 Feb 20, 2013
Justice Dale wrote:
Hey, all you got-dam liberal freaks out there, can you prove Obama is a citizen of the US?
Come on that shouldn't be so hard!
Can you prove he isn't?????
did u know

Martin, TN

#81927 Feb 20, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Google it.
or
Go up to a welfare mother with a cell phone and ask them how they are able to afford the cell phone.
or
I have two lazy nieces on welfare and they both have cell phones paid for by tax payers and they have no problem telling the family who is paying for it.
Our taxes do not pay for free cell phones. If you have a problem with this.....call your cell phone company and complain or better yet......don't have a cell phone!!
Jay

Paris, TN

#81928 Feb 20, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Google it.
or
or

OK Reality, tell lme how this works:

I know a gal who is married and has one small child. Her husband works running a dozer. They get $367 a month in food stamps or EBT card card as they call it. They both have the ultimate in new cell phones that do everything but dance - I would say the phones are in the $300 range or near to it. But they did buy them themselves from Verizon.

Go figure!
somebody is paying for it

Glasgow, KY

#81929 Feb 20, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>The first cell phone for the poor program could ONLY make calls to 911. Then under Clinton that was changed so those looking for work could list a contact phone number. BUT, any minutes used to MAKE a call has to be paid for by the person with the phone. No actual Tax dollars have ever been used for the program. And since you DO NOT have a cell phone you have NEVER paid one dime for the program.
You are so full of crap dude! The phones are free (well, somebody pays for them but it's not the people on welfare)and they get 250 minutes a month free. If theywant more minutes they can to Fred's or the Dollar Store and get as many minutes as they want put on it but they have to pay for those extra minutes. My niece had one of those phones until she got a job and got off of welfare (thank God) She tried to return the phone but was told to keep it and give it to someone else and have them apply for the free 250 minute service.

The phones are so cheap but I bet they cost the tax payers a pretty penny. When she would call her mother her number came up different every time. Service and reception is horrible. I worried that my niece couldn't get through to anybody when she needed to so I offered to put her on my family plan but she got a job which allowed her to get a decent phone and reliable service.

Since: Dec 11

#81930 Feb 20, 2013
Reality wrote:
What could the government do if we all decided not to pay taxes?
Cut spending, reduce waste, stop expanding!
Reality

Frankfort, KY

#81931 Feb 20, 2013
did u know wrote:
<quoted text>
Our taxes do not pay for free cell phones. If you have a problem with this.....call your cell phone company and complain or better yet......don't have a cell phone!!
I see you are having difficult reading the post.

I stated I don't have a cell phone but yet on my landline telephone bill is a charge: Lifeline or Universal fee that pays for someone else to get a cell phone free. This is called a fee, not taxes.

I never stated taxes and I plainly stated I do not have a cell phone.

Is this much easier to understand??
Jay

Paris, TN

#81932 Feb 20, 2013
did u know wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you prove he isn't?????
You were asked first. The ball is in your court!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
steven bingham love triangle 1 hr Just saying 1
amber brock (Oct '09) 1 hr Just saying 34
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Turning A Blind Eye 138,110
Where Did The Town Prostitute Go (May '14) 3 hr curious george 11
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder (May '14) 4 hr Noseyrosey 443
Who is your man Boo ? 5 hr infro 5
wreck 5 hr Hajji 4
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]