'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
American Lady

Danville, KY

#80827 Feb 15, 2013
Night Guys :)

Too much celebrating yesterday catching up with me tonight! ;0)
American Lady

Danville, KY

#80828 Feb 15, 2013
I’m going to take you deep into the rabbit’s hole. This is NOT for the unaware, i.e., the sheep who are still asleep. It may even go over the heads of some of those who are awake. As always, don’t take my word for it: Do your own research and draw conclusions that make logical sense to you.

There is a tremendous amount of debate over firearms rights, and proposed legislation for what advocates call “gun control.” I’m not trying to repeat what’s already going on in the echo chamber. There are plenty of unawakened people who are well enough informed to successfully fight that battle. Nor will I analyze the serious psy-op being conducted in the aftermath of the school shooting in Connecticut.
Just one MORE::)

In my ever-continuing quest to enlighten as many people as possible to use their own mind to think for themselves, I am offering here an opposite consciousness analysis of what’s really going on in a larger sense.

The system absolutely must not permit you to think outside of their controlled argument. It’s always been framed in the confines of Democrat vs. Republican and their associated value systems.

http://www.thedailydigest.org/...
liberal

Hyden, KY

#80830 Feb 15, 2013
i got to say you people are so brainwashed if your brain was ink.it would not dot a I.if it was real truth.truth by any standards .and its so nice i love it.keep up the good work i am so proud of you all..N.N.
dems are retards

Lansing, MI

#80832 Feb 16, 2013
worse wrote:
<quoted text>
4 kids and theyre struggling? They should be. You had better have your career on track and not trying to start one with four mouths to feed (at least). Could she not pick up ten hours somewhere else?
you libs are remarkable, oblamer forces this situation and you respond with 'could she not pick up ten hours somewhere else', you low life scum need to go hungry, you need to be homeless, but even then your greed and arrogance is so engrained that you wouldn't learn the lesson, but staying home on welfare is acceptable to you, unbelievable just how far you have sunk to get anything you can from the government, baaaaaaaaaa
stop with the lies lady

Glasgow, KY

#80833 Feb 16, 2013
this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>I guess my brothers 40years in the coal mines and his wifes 30 something years as a nurse, paying taxes and health insurance don't matter to you and selling some cup-cakes well just go the Cancer-clinic and ask the people lined up around the walls if they could wait till all the money comes pouring in from the fund raisers! And just wait one day you'll be sick and you'll find out how many friends you really have!
As far as I'm concerned I've spent more time in cancer clinics than I care to recall!
Just for you I'll tell you what it is!
A room full of dying people, looking at you and wishing they were healthy and you can feel their eyes, and you know exactly what they are thinking! WHY ME?
Yep, he is in remission, could it come back? Yes it can! So that health care extension that helped him and his parents, am I grateful?
Yes I am! Now he's working pays for his own insurance and guess what next year, God forbidding if his cancer comes back, his treatments will be covered, know why? because Insurance companies can't discriminate against people with pre-existing illness.
So he might again have a chance at survival thanks to reasonable,rational,law!
BTW...THEY WOULD HAVE SOLD EVERYTHING THEY HAD, TO HELP HIM LIVE!
I don't know how you arrived at your philosophy of life, but you could use a lot of self-reflection, my friend.
Not one side, nor one person has all the answers, sometimes we must put our heads together, no matter how much it hurts!
PEACE
tofy
Please let us in on all these stories about people who were left to die in the streets because they couldn't get medical help because insurance companies turned them down. You can claim all kinds of fairy tales to make your story sound better but when people actually research the facts they find your fairy tales to be silly.
wtf

Glasgow, KY

#80834 Feb 16, 2013
worse wrote:
<quoted text>
4 kids and theyre struggling? They should be. You had better have your career on track and not trying to start one with four mouths to feed (at least). Could she not pick up ten hours somewhere else?
Does that go for the illegals that have 4 or more kids that we are now required to raise from cradle to grave because you liberals believe it's the right thing to do? I watched a friend that worked 46 years of her life and has been trying for 5 years to get disability which she rightly needs and deserves. She paid into the system for 46 years and now has to beg for help to the system she paid into but is getting nowhere fast. How many billions were spent on illegal aliens and their kids last year via medicaid and medicare? BILLIONS!!!! Yet an American citizen that has worked all of her life and qualifies for help must go to the back of the line behind the illegal criminals and suffer through years of government red tape.

Why don't you liberal idiots sponser an illegal family, go back to wherever with them and make the world a better place. Now that's a cause I will contribute heavily to! Bye-bye!
dems are retards

Lansing, MI

#80836 Feb 16, 2013
stop with the lies lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Please let us in on all these stories about people who were left to die in the streets because they couldn't get medical help because insurance companies turned them down. You can claim all kinds of fairy tales to make your story sound better but when people actually research the facts they find your fairy tales to be silly.
that doesn't apply to libs, they want it regardless of where it comes from, don't inconvenience our lifestyle you insignificant little minimum wagers, the borg collective of liberalism is officially engrained into the socialist and communist ideologies of this society, gimme gimme gimme or I will take, take, take, don't care about your children, your family, just vote how we tell or buy you and stand in line like good little sheep, don't oppose us or we will get the discrimination police on you,
now more than ever the baaaaaaaaaaaa has more meaning, self serving communist b%(#$Ds
wtf

Pikeville, KY

#80837 Feb 16, 2013
dems are retards wrote:
<quoted text>
you libs are remarkable, oblamer forces this situation and you respond with 'could she not pick up ten hours somewhere else', you low life scum need to go hungry, you need to be homeless, but even then your greed and arrogance is so engrained that you wouldn't learn the lesson, but staying home on welfare is acceptable to you, unbelievable just how far you have sunk to get anything you can from the government, baaaaaaaaaa
You sorry pos eat your cheese.
wtf

Pikeville, KY

#80838 Feb 16, 2013
dems are retards wrote:
<quoted text>
that doesn't apply to libs, they want it regardless of where it comes from, don't inconvenience our lifestyle you insignificant little minimum wagers, the borg collective of liberalism is officially engrained into the socialist and communist ideologies of this society, gimme gimme gimme or I will take, take, take, don't care about your children, your family, just vote how we tell or buy you and stand in line like good little sheep, don't oppose us or we will get the discrimination police on you,
now more than ever the baaaaaaaaaaaa has more meaning, self serving communist b%(#$Ds
Uhhh it was you Repukes that want to block any increase in the Minimum Wage Stupid.
Democracynow org

Bay Shore, NY

#80839 Feb 16, 2013
Democracynow org

Bay Shore, NY

#80840 Feb 16, 2013
Nine Bucks an Hour? A Call for a Living Wage at $10.50 or More
By Ralph Nader / February 16, 2013 / http://tinyurl.com/cuskgkt
How could Barack Obama say, in his State of the Union speech,“let’s declare that in the wealthiest nation on earth no one who works full-time should have to live in poverty, and raise the federal minimum wage to $9.00 an hour”?

Back in 2008, Obama campaigned to have a $9.50 per hour minimum wage by 2011. Now he’s settling for $9.00 by 2015! Going backward into the future is the price that poverty groups and labor unions are paying by giving Mr. Obama a free ride last year on this moral imperative. How can leaders of poverty groups and unions accept this back-of-the-hand response to the plight of thirty million workers who make less today than what workers made 45 years ago in 1968, inflation adjusted?

It didn’t matter that the U.S. had the lowest minimum wage of any major western country (Australia is over $15, France over $11, and the province of Ontario in Canada is $10.25 – all of these countries also have health insurance for all).
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2013/02/16-1...
Uncle Tab

United States

#80841 Feb 16, 2013
dems are retards wrote:
<quoted text>
you libs are remarkable, oblamer forces this situation and you respond with 'could she not pick up ten hours somewhere else', you low life scum need to go hungry, you need to be homeless, but even then your greed and arrogance is so engrained that you wouldn't learn the lesson, but staying home on welfare is acceptable to you, unbelievable just how far you have sunk to get anything you can from the government, baaaaaaaaaa
All it takes is a little hard work. Isn't it republicans who go on and on about how if you work hard you can become one of the 1%??

She just needs to work a little harder and yes.... Pick up 10 more hours somewhere else.

At least she's working and not sucking the government teet like you and the other not so bright Repubs here.

Quit crying and grow a pair.

Jeesh!!! You all are the whiney ones aren't ya??

No wonder you type waaaaaaa so much LMMFAO!!
Uncle Tab

United States

#80842 Feb 16, 2013
Democracynow org wrote:
Nine Bucks an Hour? A Call for a Living Wage at $10.50 or More
By Ralph Nader / February 16, 2013 / http://tinyurl.com/cuskgkt
How could Barack Obama say, in his State of the Union speech,“let’s declare that in the wealthiest nation on earth no one who works full-time should have to live in poverty, and raise the federal minimum wage to $9.00 an hour”?
Back in 2008, Obama campaigned to have a $9.50 per hour minimum wage by 2011. Now he’s settling for $9.00 by 2015! Going backward into the future is the price that poverty groups and labor unions are paying by giving Mr. Obama a free ride last year on this moral imperative. How can leaders of poverty groups and unions accept this back-of-the-hand response to the plight of thirty million workers who make less today than what workers made 45 years ago in 1968, inflation adjusted?
It didn’t matter that the U.S. had the lowest minimum wage of any major western country (Australia is over $15, France over $11, and the province of Ontario in Canada is $10.25 – all of these countries also have health insurance for all).
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2013/02/16-1...
You're going to make republicans stroke out and die with raising minimum wage.

I think the 10 to 12 hour minimum wage with come with Hillary in 2016 with a New New Deal. Sweeping changes in taxes and unions and such. With Obama and Hillary the country will get closer to back on track.

“I'm just a country boy”

Since: Feb 13

.Rooster Run, Ky

#80843 Feb 16, 2013
Democracynow org wrote:
Nine Bucks an Hour? A Call for a Living Wage at $10.50 or More
By Ralph Nader / February 16, 2013 / http://tinyurl.com/cuskgkt
How could Barack Obama say, in his State of the Union speech,“let’s declare that in the wealthiest nation on earth no one who works full-time should have to live in poverty, and raise the federal minimum wage to $9.00 an hour”?
Back in 2008, Obama campaigned to have a $9.50 per hour minimum wage by 2011. Now he’s settling for $9.00 by 2015! Going backward into the future is the price that poverty groups and labor unions are paying by giving Mr. Obama a free ride last year on this moral imperative. How can leaders of poverty groups and unions accept this back-of-the-hand response to the plight of thirty million workers who make less today than what workers made 45 years ago in 1968, inflation adjusted?
It didn’t matter that the U.S. had the lowest minimum wage of any major western country (Australia is over $15, France over $11, and the province of Ontario in Canada is $10.25 – all of these countries also have health insurance for all).
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2013/02/16-1...
$15.00 an hour? Take a look at a JOBS posting from Sydney (there are only 8 in the "Labor" category:

http://sydney.craigslist.com.au/lab/359455093...

now take a look at Houston, Tx (General Labor):

http://houston.craigslist.org/lab/

How difficult is it to get a job when thousands compete for 8?
That minimum wage is a dumbass idea, it just another way to artificially inflate a workers value.
A quality worker demands what they are worth, been there done that!
Skill, experience, education are things that make you stand out from the crowd... THAT will earn you more money!
Democracynow org

Bay Shore, NY

#80844 Feb 16, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
You're going to make republicans stroke out and die with raising minimum wage.
I think the 10 to 12 hour minimum wage with come with Hillary in 2016 with a New New Deal. Sweeping changes in taxes and unions and such. With Obama and Hillary the country will get closer to back on track.
Uncle Tab my friend,

The New, New Deal, should have come after 2008 with the greatest financial meltdown since the Depression.

Obama continued over 90% of all Bush/Cheney policy and passing a Republican Health Care plan with all Democrats voting for it.

Obama had the opportunity to become the next FDR, instead he chose business as usual.

Looks like Hillary Clinton vs Jeb Bush in 2016.

We will all lose again in 2016, while Wall Street and the corporate media laughs all the way to the bank.

==========

SOTU: Do Policy Proposals Live up to Rhetoric on Wages and Climate Change?/ February 13, 2013 / Video / http://tinyurl.com/b97eadr
Gerald Epstein: Language on wages and climate change could help shift the debate but policy proposals tied to interests of finance and private sector
http://www.therealnews.com/t2/index.php...

SOTU: Obama Opens Door to Grand Betrayal
Bill Black: President Obama offered up "reform" of Medicare and social security, that is cuts at a time of deep recession / February 13, 2013 / Video http://tinyurl.com/b9lkhkp
http://www.therealnews.com/t2/index.php...

SOTU: Do Policy Proposals Live up to Rhetoric on Wages and Climate Change?/ February 13, 2013 /
Gerald Epstein: Language on wages and climate change could help shift the debate but policy proposals tied to interests of finance and private sector
http://www.commondreams.org/video/2013/02/13
Democracynow org

Bay Shore, NY

#80845 Feb 16, 2013
1CountryBumpkin wrote:
<quoted text>
$15.00 an hour? Take a look at a JOBS posting from Sydney (there are only 8 in the "Labor" category:
http://sydney.craigslist.com.au/lab/359455093...
now take a look at Houston, Tx (General Labor):
http://houston.craigslist.org/lab/
How difficult is it to get a job when thousands compete for 8?
That minimum wage is a dumbass idea, it just another way to artificially inflate a workers value.
A quality worker demands what they are worth, been there done that!
Skill, experience, education are things that make you stand out from the crowd... THAT will earn you more money!
The Laws in Congress are Stacked Against the average American Worker........

..... PERIOD.

------

They're All Against Jobs
by Sen. Fritz Hollings / December 20, 2009 / http://tinyurl.com/ydr27ze
Who is against jobs in the United States? The big banks, Wall Street, the Council on Foreign Relations, the Business Roundtable, the United States Chamber of Commerce, the National Retail Federation, Corporate America, the President of the United States, Congress of the United States. Everyone is crying for jobs, but no one seems to understand why there aren't any. And the reason for those opposing jobs is money.
Beginning in 1973, big banks made most of their profit outside of the United States. Industries off-shoring, investing, banks financing the investments, transfer fees, fees and interest on the loans made for bigger profits. Long since, the big banks under the leadership of David Rockefeller have led the way to off-shore and make a bigger profit. Goldman Sachs, AIG, Citicorp and Wall Street, conspiring for a bailout and now using it for bonuses, make more money from the off-shored operations.
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2009/12/20-6
Democracynow org

Bay Shore, NY

#80847 Feb 16, 2013
1CountryBumpkin wrote:
<quoted text>
$15.00 an hour? Take a look at a JOBS posting from Sydney (there are only 8 in the "Labor" category:
http://sydney.craigslist.com.au/lab/359455093...
now take a look at Houston, Tx (General Labor):
http://houston.craigslist.org/lab/
How difficult is it to get a job when thousands compete for 8?
That minimum wage is a dumbass idea, it just another way to artificially inflate a workers value.
A quality worker demands what they are worth, been there done that!
Skill, experience, education are things that make you stand out from the crowd... THAT will earn you more money!
Minimum Wage 101:

Germany $12.74 England $9.20 Italy $9.18 France $8.88 Australia $8.66 United States 5.15
Democracynow org

Bay Shore, NY

#80848 Feb 16, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
You're going to make republicans stroke out and die with raising minimum wage.
I think the 10 to 12 hour minimum wage with come with Hillary in 2016 with a New New Deal. Sweeping changes in taxes and unions and such. With Obama and Hillary the country will get closer to back on track.
George W. Obama
January 12th 2010 / http://tinyurl.com/yjyz645
Before President Obama, it was grimly accurate to write, as I often did in the Voice, that George W. Bush came into the presidency with no discernible background in constitutional civil liberties or any acquaintance with the Constitution itself. Accordingly, he turned the "war on terror" over to Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld—ardent believers that the Constitution presents grave obstacles in a time of global jihad.
But now, Bush's successor—who actually taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago—is continuing much of the Bush-Cheney parallel government and, in some cases, is going much further in disregarding our laws and the international treaties we've signed./ http://www.villagevoice.com/2010-01-12/column...

“"Who's happier than me?"”

Since: Oct 11

Brush mountain Ky

#80849 Feb 16, 2013
stop with the lies lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Please let us in on all these stories about people who were left to die in the streets because they couldn't get medical help because insurance companies turned them down. You can claim all kinds of fairy tales to make your story sound better but when people actually research the facts they find your fairy tales to be silly.
First,Mrs. know it all, I'm no lady! Second please point out what you think is a lie?
My nephew had cancer in every lymph node in his body and spots in his lungs, everywhere but his brain. I lost count of the surgeries it took to remove these "SPOTS" and Chemo is devastating to your body.
I have no reason to lie!
And yes your beloved insurance companies will and have rejected payment for people with pre-existing illness, and in 2014 under the affordable care act, that practice will in.
I never said anything about people dying in the streets, my point was the hopelessness you (well I ) encountered in the treatment centers.
in 94 and 95 my father received chemo for multiple-myeloma, in 2007 and 2008 ,my mother received chemo for lung cancer, then came my nephew his cancer was testicular unfortunately it wasn't detected early enough to keep it from spreading through his body and causing lots of
surgeries and chemo treatment, out of the three he survived.
So please tell me where I lied? And though I have many faults, I'll tell you not that you deserve to know, because with what attitude you've expressed in this forum, you seem to begrudge people the very air they breath.
But I have values which I place in a higher regard perhaps than some others, I detest people that steal, I believe in Loyalty, if i give someone my loyalty I expect it in return, And there's lying of which you have accused me of such on several occasions! I have absolutely nothing to gain nor does it give me any kind of enjoyment to create a falsehood or make up a story especially concerning the health of the people I love dearest. So you are beyond any line reasonable objection in saying I'm a liar! It's simply not true!
I don't know what problem you have with the world, but I'll tell you, everyone that holds a different political view than you, is not mean, lying, lowlife scum, And if you are capable of feeling shame then you should!
PEACE
tofy
liberal

Hyden, KY

#80850 Feb 16, 2013
i think the minimum wage in the US should be at least 50$ an hour.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 13 min Grimes Works For ... 7,071
Stealing from child's grave 28 min D Rogers 1
who knows Lecora Smith???? 41 min its me bitches 9
knox board of ed raising taxes 59 min Five cents 113
mike trent 1 hr Blonde 9
barbourville utitlities ripoff 1 hr momcani 5
David Thompson 1 hr Info 2
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]