'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
70,201 - 70,220 of 146,294 Comments Last updated 59 min ago
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

AmericanMan wrote:
<quoted text>Why do Repubs first make up lies and then repeat them?.
As ABC news reported in December: "Since 2009, the annual average number of deportations has approached 400,000, according to the Department of Homeland Security. That’s double the annual average during President George W. Bush’s first term and 30 percent higher than the average when he left office."
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/deportati...
The Obama administration increased the deportation of illegal immigrants convicted of crimes by 70 percent..
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...
The Department of Homeland Security reported on Friday that Obama presided over the deportation of 391,953 immigrants in 2011, slightly lower than the all-time record set in 2009, also under his presidency.
http://www.ibtimes.com/under-obama-deportatio... .
What have you got to say now about Obama NOT securing the Boarder. I didn't even post the FACT there are now double the number of Boarder Agents as when Bush was in office.
Simple answer,we now have millions still here!They have said 11 million-some say 20 million.Secure Border?Don`t be silly.
Fox News Propaganda Lies

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

whitehair wrote:
Because this Country still has people that have a capitalistic nature,small businesses have popped up but very scattered.The growth has nothing to do with the stimulus or Obama nor his programs of giving money to failed business nor the the ones that went broke right after and took the money of the taxpayers with no liens or contracts to give the money back.It still is our human nature to try to better ourselves.The immigration laws of this Country have never been enforced with any of the last three amnesties.Yet Obama and Congress want to repeat that failed program again.
revolutions,and come home,attending to our own business.
12 years of Reagan/Bush DID NOTHING TO STOP THIS!

--

Union Sundown
Well, my shoes, they come from Singapore,
My flashlight's from Taiwan,
My tablecloth's from Malaysia,
My belt buckle's from the Amazon.
You know, this shirt I wear comes from the Philippines
And the car I drive is a Chevrolet,
It was put together down in Argentina
By a guy makin' thirty cents a day.

Well, it's sundown on the union
And what's made in the U.S.A.
Sure was a good idea
'Til greed got in the way.

Well, this silk dress is from Hong Kong
And the pearls are from Japan.
Well, the dog collar's from India
And the flower pot's from Pakistan.
All the furniture, it says "Made in Brazil"
Where a woman, she slaved for sure
Bringin' home thirty cents a day to a family of twelve,
You know, that's a lot of money to her.

Sure was a good idea

Well, you know, lots of people complainin' that there is no work.
I say, "Why you say that for
When nothin' you got is U.S.-made?"
They don't make nothin' here no more,
You know, capitalism is above the law.
It say, "It don't count 'less it sells."
When it costs too much to build it at home
You just build it cheaper someplace else.

Sure was a good idea

Well, the job that you used to have,
They gave it to somebody down in El Salvador.
The unions are big business, friend,
And they're goin' out like a dinosaur.
They used to grow food in Kansas
Now they want to grow it on the moon and eat it raw.
I can see the day coming when even your home garden
Is gonna be against the law.

Sure was a good idea

Democracy don't rule the world,
You'd better get that in your head.
This world is ruled by violence
But I guess that's better left unsaid.
From Broadway to the Milky Way,
That's a lot of territory indeed
And a man's gonna do what he has to do
When he's got a hungry mouth to feed.

Sure was a good idea

Copyright ©1983
http://www.bobdylan.com/#/songs/union-sundown

=======

They're All Against Jobs
by Sen. Fritz Hollings / December 20, 2009 / http://tinyurl.com/ydr27ze
Who is against jobs in the United States? The big banks, Wall Street, the Council on Foreign Relations, the Business Roundtable, the United States Chamber of Commerce, the National Retail Federation, Corporate America, the President of the United States, Congress of the United States. Everyone is crying for jobs, but no one seems to understand why there aren't any. And the reason for those opposing jobs is money.
Beginning in 1973, big banks made most of their profit outside of the United States. Industries off-shoring, investing, banks financing the investments, transfer fees, fees and interest on the loans made for bigger profits. Long since, the big banks under the leadership of David Rockefeller have led the way to off-shore and make a bigger profit. Goldman Sachs, AIG, Citicorp and Wall Street, conspiring for a bailout and now using it for bonuses, make more money from the off-shored operations.
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2009/12/20-6
wtf

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

whitehair wrote:
Because this Country still has people that have a capitalistic nature,small businesses have popped up but very scattered.The growth has nothing to do with the stimulus or Obama nor his programs of giving money to failed business nor the the ones that went broke right after and took the money of the taxpayers with no liens or contracts to give the money back.It still is our human nature to try to better ourselves.The immigration laws of this Country have never been enforced with any of the last three amnesties.Yet Obama and Congress want to repeat that failed program again.
Gun control has nothing to do with the mad people using guns to do mass murder.It is the hand on the trigger and the person behind the gun that needs to be stopped.That should be the priority.Never happen.They all want to get rid of guns to be able to enforce their own rules.Our gov`t is corrupt.The systems are failing to be in place to have decent persons always doing the things that are good for the Nation and the people,as the special interests and lobbyists write and institute the laws they want ,not what is good for all.My opinion.
As a suggestion,and none want it,,this Nation would be better off to get out of the U.N.,get out of all these other Countries having revolutions,and come home,attending to our own business.
The Stimulus has been wonderful here in Pike County, creating a tremendous amount of jobs. It created alot of jobs in Loserville too. You must be blind.
Fox News Propaganda Lies

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Menendez wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not news. In 1880 the congress of the united states was nailing the girls at the legal age 10 in Kansas and in the depraved state of Delaware 7 years of age.
http://chnm.gmu.edu/cyh/teaching-modules/230...
Back to the 1880s
This is not the first time that America has looked as if it was about to succumb to what might be termed the British temptation. America witnessed a similar widening of the income gap in the Gilded Age. It also witnessed the formation of a British-style ruling class. The robber barons of the late 19th century sent their children to private boarding schools and made sure that they married the daughters of the old elite, preferably from across the Atlantic. Politics fell into the hands of the members of a limited circle—so much so that the Senate was known as the millionaires' club.
Yet the late 19th and early 20th centuries saw a concerted attempt to prevent America from degenerating into a class-based society. Progressive politicians improved state education. Philanthropists—many of them the robber barons reborn in new guise—tried to provide ladders to help the lads-o'-parts (Andrew Carnegie poured millions into free libraries). Such reforms were motivated partly out of a desire to do good works and partly out of a real fear of the implications of class-based society. Teddy Roosevelt advocated an inheritance tax because he thought that huge inherited fortunes would ruin the character of the republic. James Conant, the president of Harvard in 1933-53, advocated radical educational reform—particularly the transformation of his own university into a meritocracy—in order to prevent America from producing an aristocracy.

==========

Billionaire Brothers’ Money Plays Role in Wisconsin Dispute
http://tinyurl.com/64o27ru / Feb. 21, 2011
WASHINGTON — Among the thousands of demonstrators who jammed the Wisconsin State Capitol grounds this weekend was a well-financed advocate from Washington who was there to voice praise for cutting state spending by slashing union benefits and bargaining rights.
The visitor, Tim Phillips, the president of Americans for Prosperity, told a large group of counterprotesters who had gathered Saturday at one edge of what otherwise was a mostly union crowd that the cuts were not only necessary, but they also represented the start of a much-needed nationwide move to slash public-sector union benefits.
“We are going to bring fiscal sanity back to this great nation,” he said.
What Mr. Phillips did not mention was that his Virginia-based nonprofit group, whose budget surged to $40 million in 2010 from $7 million three years ago, was created and financed in part by the secretive billionaire brothers Charles G. and David H. Koch.
State records also show that Koch Industries, their energy and consumer products conglomerate based in Wichita, Kan., was one of the biggest contributors to the election campaign of Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin, a Republican who has championed the proposed cuts./ http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/22/us/22koch.h...
Fox News Propaganda Lies

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Hell on Hee1s wrote:
<quoted text>
WE are four years beyond Bush's presidency! When this idiotic administration OWNS what it has done to the American people, this country might get back on track! But, I do not see that happening, so the obot up there in office needs to be tried for treason, impeached, or otherwise taken out of the White House! To be blatantly HONEST, I do not care HOW he is taken out, just be DONE!
THAT IS IN NO WAY A THREAT - Have NOT made one.
Obama is continuing 90% of all Bush/Cheney failed policy.

That is why I am against him. Obama is not liberal.

You should be very happy with Obama because he is continuing 90% of all Bush/Cheney failed policies.

Obamacare used the same template as Bush/Cheney Senior Citizen Prescription drug bills of 2003 & 2006.

ALL AMERICANS ARE STILL PAYING THE HIGHEST PRICES FOR MEDICINES IN THE WORLD.

==========

Health Care Reform / Single Payer Is The Best Way And Obama and the HMOs are against it.
July 24, 2009 / http://tinyurl.com/kwt9ay
Bill Moyers sits down with Trudy Lieberman, director of the health and medical reporting program at the CUNY Graduate School of Journalism, and Marcia Angell, senior lecturer in social medicine at Harvard Medical School and former editor in chief of the New England Journal of Medicine.
http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/07242009/wa...

Watchdog Group Sues for Disclosure of White House Meetings with Healthcare Execs / July 23, 2009 / http://tinyurl.com/mby2t4
I want to just talk about some of the names, as they’ve released this, naming some of the healthcare executives who have made multiple trips to the Obama White House.
Richard Umbdenstock, the president of the American Hospital Association, has visited the White House eight times since Obama took office, beginning on February 3rd, two weeks after Obama’s inauguration.
Former Congressman Billy Tauzin has visited five times, now head of the drug industry lobby, the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America, known as PhRMA.
Dr. James Rohack, president-elect of the American Medical Association, has visited four times, as has Karen Ignagni, president and CEO of America’s Health Insurance Plans, an industry trade group.
Other healthcare executives who have made multiple visits to the Obama White House include Jeffrey Kindler, CEO of drugmaker Pfizer; Stephen Hemsley, chief executive of UnitedHealth Group; George Halvorson, head of Kaiser Foundation Health Plan; Richard Clark, CEO of the Merck pharmaceutical company; Jay Gellert, CEO of Health Net; and Rick Smith, senior vice president of PhRMA, which Billy Tauzin heads.
http://www.democracynow.org/2009/7/23/watchdo...
mixer

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

whitehair wrote:
Gun control has nothing to do with the mad people using guns to do mass murder.It is the hand on the trigger and the person behind the gun that needs to be stopped.That should be the priority.Never happen.They all want to get rid of guns to be able to enforce their own rules.Our gov`t is corrupt.The systems are failing to be in place to have decent persons always doing the things that are good for the Nation and the people,as the special interests and lobbyists write and institute the laws they want ,not what is good for all.My opinion.
As a suggestion,and none want it,,this Nation would be better off to get out of the U.N.,get out of all these other Countries having revolutions,and come home,attending to our own business.
I wish someone would listen to you and the milions who think the same way but they wont so wat do we do about this mess. I be writing to my congresses and senators and they say they agree but aint nobody doin nuthin. They send back letter says thank you for writin me dats it!!!!
Fox News Propaganda Lies

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally. I thought this was going to be a "Benghazi" moment.
The Republicans cut funding for Benghazi.

The point is Libya is at war just like Iraq is at war.

Our Embassy inside the Green Zone in Iraq was attacked more than a few times with the most protection.

We have the biggest military base there.

Fox News Propaganda Lies

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

White House Big Rat O wrote:
<quoted text>
My my my...very short memory ...what happened to those that just said HUSSEIN ...his middle name...
R~~~~~A~~~~~C~~~~~I~~~~~S~~~~~ T~~~~~S~~~~
If you tried, you would be destroyed..........
What did Obama said his name was when he was sworn in?????
"I Barack HUSSEIN. Obama"...right, but not before.
Obama paid millions for his records to be hidden and protected. Why do you think is that?????
Were is Obama's friend called Sadiki or something like that, who was doing drugs with Obama? As soon Obama was nominated, NO ONE could find him...were is Obama girlfriends of friends from college????? How many were paid big money to keep their mouth shot...why is so many secrets about Obama?????
Obama is Chicago thug...the worst criminals and Mafia comes from Chicago ...
Your living in a fox news fantasy land.

Obama is an American citizen and not a Muslim....

Obama's Chicago Boys
June 12, 2008 / http://tinyurl.com/a3jmp3r
Barack Obama waited just three days after Hillary Clinton pulled out of the race to declare, on CNBC, "Look. I am a pro-growth, free-market guy. I love the market."
Demonstrating that this is no mere spring fling, he has appointed 37-year-old Jason Furman to head his economic policy team. Furman is one of Wal-Mart's most prominent defenders, anointing the company a "progressive success story." On the campaign trail, Obama blasted Clinton for sitting on the Wal-Mart board and pledged, "I won't shop there." For Furman, however, it's Wal-Mart's critics who are the real threat: the "efforts to get Wal-Mart to raise its wages and benefits" are creating "collateral damage" that is "way too enormous and damaging to working people and the economy more broadly for me to sit by idly and sing 'Kum-Ba-Ya' in the interests of progressive harmony.
Obama's love of markets and his desire for "change" are not inherently incompatible. "The market has gotten out of balance," he says, and it most certainly has. Many trace this profound imbalance back to the ideas of Milton Friedman, who launched a counterrevolution against the New Deal from his perch at the University of Chicago economics department. And here there are more problems, because Obama--who taught law at the University of Chicago for a decade--is thoroughly embedded in the mind-set known as the Chicago School.
http://www.thenation.com/print/article/obamas...
Fox News Propaganda Lies

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>You have any idea what would have happen if Romney had said anything, he would have been labeled a racist and birther.
The repubs though they could win and this mess would have been just history and sweep under the rug.
There is about 114+ years of BOGUS law sitting out there that has to be taken care of, no one wants to do it.
Now that Obama won twice, why is EVERY REPUBLICAN silent about his birth?

You do realize that Speaker Boehner removed the only FOUR Tea Bags who had leadership from leadership positions.

Maybe the Tea Bags believe the same lies as you do?

=========

-------The Tea Party sold out to Wall Street
GOP freshmen, big-bucks donors hobnob at resort
March 16, 2012 / http://tinyurl.com/85yw3o9
Sandy Adams (Fla.), Quico Canseco (Texas), Rick Crawford (Ark.), Bob Dold (Ill.), Sean Duffy (Wis.), Stephen Fincher (Tenn.), Mike Fitzpatrick (Penn.), Daniel Webster (Fla.), Mike Grimm (N.Y.), Nan Hayworth (N.Y.), Jim Renacci (Ohio) and Cory Gardner (Col).
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505267_162-573986...
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Fox News Propaganda Lies wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is continuing 90% of all Bush/Cheney failed policy.
That is why I am against him. Obama is not liberal.
You should be very happy with Obama because he is continuing 90% of all Bush/Cheney failed policies.
Obamacare used the same template as Bush/Cheney Senior Citizen Prescription drug bills of 2003 & 2006.
ALL AMERICANS ARE STILL PAYING THE HIGHEST PRICES FOR MEDICINES IN THE WORLD.
==========
Health Care Reform / Single Payer Is The Best Way And Obama and the HMOs are against it.
July 24, 2009 / http://tinyurl.com/kwt9ay
Bill Moyers sits down with Trudy Lieberman, director of the health and medical reporting program at the CUNY Graduate School of Journalism, and Marcia Angell, senior lecturer in social medicine at Harvard Medical School and former editor in chief of the New England Journal of Medicine.
http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/07242009/wa...
Watchdog Group Sues for Disclosure of White House Meetings with Healthcare Execs / July 23, 2009 / http://tinyurl.com/mby2t4
I want to just talk about some of the names, as they’ve released this, naming some of the healthcare executives who have made multiple trips to the Obama White House.
Richard Umbdenstock, the president of the American Hospital Association, has visited the White House eight times since Obama took office, beginning on February 3rd, two weeks after Obama’s inauguration.
Former Congressman Billy Tauzin has visited five times, now head of the drug industry lobby, the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America, known as PhRMA.
Dr. James Rohack, president-elect of the American Medical Association, has visited four times, as has Karen Ignagni, president and CEO of America’s Health Insurance Plans, an industry trade group.
Other healthcare executives who have made multiple visits to the Obama White House include Jeffrey Kindler, CEO of drugmaker Pfizer; Stephen Hemsley, chief executive of UnitedHealth Group; George Halvorson, head of Kaiser Foundation Health Plan; Richard Clark, CEO of the Merck pharmaceutical company; Jay Gellert, CEO of Health Net; and Rick Smith, senior vice president of PhRMA, which Billy Tauzin heads.
http://www.democracynow.org/2009/7/23/watchdo...
Germany, the most industrialized nation in the EU, over 50% payroll tax, 22% sales tax, you really want to be like them?
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You do realize that Speaker Boehner removed the only FOUR Tea Bags who had leadership from leadership positions.
=========
Sandy Adams (Fla.), Quico Canseco (Texas), Rick Crawford (Ark.), Bob Dold (Ill.), Sean Duffy (Wis.), Stephen Fincher (Tenn.), Mike Fitzpatrick (Penn.), Daniel Webster (Fla.), Mike Grimm (N.Y.), Nan Hayworth (N.Y.), Jim Renacci (Ohio) and Cory Gardner (Col).
Maybe the Teabaggers believed the same truths as I do, the US Constitution.
Reality

Lawrenceburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Hell on Hee1s wrote:
<quoted text>
Part of them did. Here's one I found
Just google some of the breitbart.com articles.
Tapes of Obama at Harvard in 1991 have now been posted online and aired on the Fox News Channel, and they show then-student Obama speaking warmly on behalf of a leftist professor, Derrick Bell.
“Open up your hearts and your minds to the words of Professor Derrick Bell,” Obama says during his speech before hugging him.
The embrace between the pair had been edited out of a video that was released earlier in the day by Buzzfeed.(Video of the embrace can be seen here.)
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2012/03/breitbarts-mystery...
Thank you for the info

Isn't this sounding more like the Clinton's Whitewater murder of their partner which was brushed aside??
O RAT American NOT

El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Your living in a fox news fantasy land.
Obama is an American citizen and not a Muslim....
Obama's Chicago Boys
June 12, 2008 / http://tinyurl.com/a3jmp3r
Barack Obama waited just three days after Hillary Clinton pulled out of the race to declare, on CNBC, "Look. I am a pro-growth, free-market guy. I love the market."
Demonstrating that this is no mere spring fling, he has appointed 37-year-old Jason Furman to head his economic policy team. Furman is one of Wal-Mart's most prominent defenders, anointing the company a "progressive success story." On the campaign trail, Obama blasted Clinton for sitting on the Wal-Mart board and pledged, "I won't shop there." For Furman, however, it's Wal-Mart's critics who are the real threat: the "efforts to get Wal-Mart to raise its wages and benefits" are creating "collateral damage" that is "way too enormous and damaging to working people and the economy more broadly for me to sit by idly and sing 'Kum-Ba-Ya' in the interests of progressive harmony.
Obama's love of markets and his desire for "change" are not inherently incompatible. "The market has gotten out of balance," he says, and it most certainly has. Many trace this profound imbalance back to the ideas of Milton Friedman, who launched a counterrevolution against the New Deal from his perch at the University of Chicago economics department. And here there are more problems, because Obama--who taught law at the University of Chicago for a decade--is thoroughly embedded in the mind-set known as the Chicago School.
http://www.thenation.com/print/article/obamas...
Sorry Charlie, you must have heard all off this information on BSNBC, Al "big mouth" Sharpton, Lesbiana Madcow or 1st crap in news, CNN...Both
support Obama and Democrats big time!

Chicago boys, there is NO such thing...CHICAGO MAFIA YES...

What Obama says ...it's one thing, and what he is doing it's another ...
"FUNDAMENTALLY WE ARE GOING TO TRANSFORM AMERICA" what does it mean to you?

American president does not associate with anti -America SCUM...

American president does NOT BOW to a MUSLIM or anyone else...

Obama is a "closet" Muslim ...deal with that!

My president doesn't talk against my country!
O' is NOT my president, America IS my country!

GOD BLESS AMERICA MY HOME SWEET HOME!
Reality

Lawrenceburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

The Fort Hood murderer, Nidal Hasan requested the death sentence to be remove from the judgement penalty. The judge denied it.

Isn't this not only a muslim terrorist (given special rights in America by our gov. to kill our soldiers)but a nut case who okays it to kill soldiers but doesn't want the same death applied to him.(Sounds alot like a liberal).

The only difference, Hasan will be given a quiet injection to put him to sleep while many soldiers are still suffering the affects of his madness.

We thank you Obama for your upmost concern about our soldiers (lol)and know that your heart is broken over hearing about the judge's refusal with Hasan but tough.At least, he wasn't butchered.
Reality

Lawrenceburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

I was watching the news last night and Dana Perino was on there. I have never like this woman regardless of her political affiliation, she is liberal through and through.

Anyways, she was speaking to Hannity and Varney about illegal immigration and as many of her remarks, stupid shall we classify it.

Perino: "Very few illegals use the welfare and healthcare system" they are all hard workers.

Duh..

Has she been to California lately or seen their epidemic and bankruptcy due to over 9 million illegal immigrants sucking the welfare dry and closing many hospitals due to bankrupting them due to "NO PAY?"

Where has this nutcase been?

So much for a college degree.

Sadly, she whined (you know the whine as in Obama, liberals and their sheep) "you two are picking on me."

I would have said, then grow a brain and stop being stupid. You are an embarrassment.

Sorry, but this woman irks me.
SCOTUS

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
=========
Why discuss it?
Chief Justice Roberts will here legal arguments soon!
The we will have something to discuss, when sealed documents have been exposed to daylight!
SCOTUS

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

<quoted text>
The Republicans cut funding for Benghazi.
The point is Libya is at war just like Iraq is at war.
Our Embassy inside the Green Zone in Iraq was attacked more than a few times with the most protection.
We have the biggest military base there.
YOU are TOTALLY NUTS!
Not true and even if it were NOT RELAVANT!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/10...
Fox News Propaganda Lies

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>Germany, the most industrialized nation in the EU, over 50% payroll tax, 22% sales tax, you really want to be like them?
Their Levees - Our Levees
http://tinyurl.com/9sjde

Here's how the British hold back the waters from flooding London:

And the Dutch solution to protecting an entire nation that mostly rests below sea level:

The Italians are defending their city on the sea, Venice:

And...
Here's how the richest, most powerful and technologically advanced
nation on earth protected against the long-forecasted flooding of New Orleans:
http://www.commondreams.org/headlines06/0112-...

=========

Minimum Wage 101:
Germany $12.74 England $9.20 Italy $9.18 France $8.88 Australia $8.66 United States 5.15
Fox News Propaganda Lies

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe the Teabaggers believed the same truths as I do, the US Constitution.
Ronald Reagan used our US Constitution for toilet paper.

=======

The Iran-Contra Affair 20 Years On
Documents Spotlight Role of Reagan, Top Aides
Pentagon Nominee Robert Gates Among Many
Prominent Figures Involved in the Scandal
http://tinyurl.com/y9rduo
http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB210...

Oliver North Questioned - Rex 84 Exposed During Iran Contra
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Fox News Propaganda Lies

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

O RAT American NOT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Charlie, you must have heard all off this information on BSNBC, Al "big mouth" Sharpton, Lesbiana Madcow or 1st crap in news, CNN...Both
support Obama and Democrats big time!
Chicago boys, there is NO such thing...CHICAGO MAFIA YES...
What Obama says ...it's one thing, and what he is doing it's another ...
"FUNDAMENTALLY WE ARE GOING TO TRANSFORM AMERICA" what does it mean to you?
American president does not associate with anti -America SCUM...
American president does NOT BOW to a MUSLIM or anyone else...
Obama is a "closet" Muslim ...deal with that!
My president doesn't talk against my country!
O' is NOT my president, America IS my country!
GOD BLESS AMERICA MY HOME SWEET HOME!
You and I both know the whole system is corrupt and both Republicans and Democrats like it that way.

Fox News and MSNBC are both corporate hack talking air heads loyal to these two corrupt parties.

Most Republicans are conservative in name only.

Most Democrats are liberal in name only.

Obamacare is not a liberal health plan which would have provided Single Payer, Medicare For All.

Obamacare is more accurately Romneycare which was endorsed by Bob Dole and the Heritage Foundation back in the 1990s.

Obama/Clinton, Bush/Cheney John Kerry, John McCain, et cetera are all corporate hacks loyal to Wall Street.

They have to divide and conquer our ignorant masses.

Statement on Health Care
http://econ4.org/statement-on-healthcare

==========

Business as usual
Bush's strong support of the Dubai ports deal isn't so surprising in light of his family's many financial ties to Arab sheikdoms.
By Joe Conason / Feb. 24, 2006 http://tinyurl.com/h9yah
The president's shift in tone is as remarkable as his threat to use his first veto in five years to protect the Dubai deal in the face of bipartisan congressional opposition.

But Bush's passionate defense of the United Arab Emirates and the ports deal inevitably raises questions -- not only about the due diligence of his administration in this instance but about his and his family's long-standing ties to the Persian Gulf sheikdoms, and specifically to the UAE's rulers. His insinuation that skepticism is equivalent to bigotry cannot deflect such concerns, which first arose in the months after the 9/11 attacks.

By now, everyone paying attention to the furor over the Dubai ports deal should be aware of the UAE's mixed record with regard to terror and global security. The Emirates' ruling families formerly maintained close relationships with the Taliban and Osama bin Laden, whose hunting camps in Afghanistan they frequented; two of the 20 hijackers in the 9/11 plot were UAE nationals who used safe houses and banks in Dubai; and the A.Q. Khan nuclear smuggling network also used facilities there to mask its operations. Since 9/11, however, the Emirates have cooperated with U.S. operations against al-Qaida, and their state-owned corporations have eagerly participated in American attempts to improve transportation security.

What seems worrisome even to some who might ultimately accept the Dubai ports deal is the "casual attitude" of the Bush administration in vetting the company, as Sen. Carl Levin put it. Considering the history of Bush entanglement with the oil despots of the Gulf, that lax indulgence was bad policy and worse politics.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

55 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 min ChromiuMan 128,670
scott parrott living with another woman...what ... (Aug '10) 36 min friend of friend 12
Anthony Smith 1 hr candy 4
James Gambrel 3 hr ewww 3
hailey roberts 3 hr yepp yepp 4
Stivers Center fixes 6 hr get real 51
Any couples into SCAT??? 6 hr lady ella 12
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000