'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 265093 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Fox News Makes You Stupid

Garden City, NY

#77715 Jan 27, 2013
L_D_HowtheWorldWorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Also; the next time anyone makes the ABSURD claim that Obama is cutting spending share this video:
http://www.youtube.com/user/howtheworldworks
You seem to be a Frank Luntz believer.

Svengali Luntz changed the wording from Estate Tax to Death Tax so people like yourself will endorse it.

It only applies to Millionaires and Billionaires.

---------

Obama’s Record Belies Inaugural Words
by Ralph Nader / January 26, 2013 / http://tinyurl.com/aglc7tc
A friend asked me what I was thinking while listening to President Obama’s inaugural address. Here were my reactions:

Obama:“They [the Patriots of 1776] gave to us a republic, a government of and by and for the people.”

The flood of money-shaping elections and politics has given us a corporate government of the Exxons, by the General Motors, for the DuPonts.

Obama:“Together we resolve that a great nation must care for the vulnerable and protect its people from life’s worst hazards and misfortune.”

In his first term Obama was indifferent to the more than 300,000 preventable fatalities a year in this country from hospital infections and malpractice, adverse drug effects, and occupational disease/trauma, in addition to coming perils of viral epidemics from abroad.

Obama:“…our country cannot succeed when a shrinking few do very well and a growing many barely make it.”

He reneged and kept silent on his repeated 2008 campaign promise to push for a $9.50 minimum wage by 2011 and for a card-check system to facilitate the growth of unions. In his first term he discouraged Democrats from championing these measures in Congress even though thirty million workers are making wages less than workers made in 1968, adjusted for inflation (see timeforaraise.org ). He also opposed a Wall Street financial transaction tax and declined to reduce gigantic corporate welfare programs (that conservatives call “crony capitalism”) that beg for repeal.

Obama:“We will respond to the threat of climate change, knowing that the failure to do so would betray our children and future generations.”

Obama and the emissaries he sends to international climate change conferences have brought up the rear among nations, infuriating our allies who looked to the U.S.A. for leadership. He never pressed for a carbon tax that even Exxon and leading conservatives, such as Gregory Mankiw, support (Mankiw was the chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers under George W. Bush). I also believe that Obama will approve the Keystone XL Pipeline that will carry 900,000 barrels of dirty tar sands oil through the U.S. every day. A decision that Jim Hansen of NASA said would be catastrophic.
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2013/01/26-4...
Fox News Makes You Stupid

Garden City, NY

#77716 Jan 27, 2013
L_D_HowtheWorldWorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Broad Sweeping Generalizations are indicative of a bigoted narrow mindset. An unwillingness to accept reason and facts which do not fit your preconceived notions of "How the World Works" you should visit me sometime soon!
http://www.youtube.com/user/howtheworldworks
Please pay attention as I dive into a not so fictional future:
It is January 20, 2017.
President Somebody Else has just finished taking the oath of office. As tradition dictates, President Else walks former President Obama down the steps of the East Front of the Capitol. Where Marine One awaits. Mr. Obama bids goodbye to the President and Mrs. or Mr. Else, the former President standing on the top step of the helicopter for one last wave to the crowd. He steps inside, and within seconds the chopper lifts up, swoops over Washington, and minutes later lands at Andrews Air Force Base where the Obama Cabinet waits to say farewell. A few minutes after that, the Obama family securely on board, the plane that was once Air Force One roars down the runway and begins Obama’s first trip in eight years as a private citizen, flying him to the destination of his choice. Hawaii, maybe. Or Chicago. He steps off the plane, the plane leaves.
With that, the Obama presidency recedes into the American rearview mirror.
The judgment of history awaits. The medal counting begins.
But there’s a catch. And a big one.
Barack Obama, according to multiple press accounts, has staked his entire presidency on both bookending and surpassing the conservative presidency of Ronald Reagan. Betting that progressive policies will leave the Reagan-era in the historical dust.
In that rarity of worlds inhabited only by the 43 men who have held the presidential office, Barack Obama, by his own quite deliberate choice and the demands of his supporters, has set himself up — and even more importantly set up the Progressive World View — for a direct, results-oriented side-by-side comparison to Reagan and the Conservative World View.
The New York Times swoons with a banner headline:
Obama Offers Liberal Vision:‘We Must Act’
One might offer the eternal caution of being careful what you wish for — but too late for that.
...and then...
Once again please visit sometime:
http://www.youtube.com/user/howtheworldworks
JUDGE AGREED PLAME WAS COVERT
Was She or Wasn't She?
Arguing that Libby deserves jail time, Fitzgerald says Plame was a covert agent.
May 29, 2007 / http://tinyurl.com/6yokupx
In new court filings, special counsel Patrick Fitzgerald has finally resolved one of the most disputed issues at the core of the long-running CIA leak controversy: Valerie Plame Wilson, he asserts, was a “covert” CIA officer who repeatedly traveled overseas using a “cover identity” in order to disguise her relationship with the agency.
http://www.newsweek.com/2007/05/28/was-she-or...
Fox News Makes You Stupid

Garden City, NY

#77717 Jan 27, 2013
L_D_HowtheWorldWorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Broad Sweeping Generalizations are indicative of a bigoted narrow mindset. An unwillingness to accept reason and facts which do not fit your preconceived notions of "How the World Works" you should visit me sometime soon!
http://www.youtube.com/user/howtheworldworks
Please pay attention as I dive into a not so fictional future:
It is January 20, 2017.
President Somebody Else has just finished taking the oath of office. As tradition dictates, President Else walks former President Obama down the steps of the East Front of the Capitol. Where Marine One awaits. Mr. Obama bids goodbye to the President and Mrs. or Mr. Else, the former President standing on the top step of the helicopter for one last wave to the crowd. He steps inside, and within seconds the chopper lifts up, swoops over Washington, and minutes later lands at Andrews Air Force Base where the Obama Cabinet waits to say farewell. A few minutes after that, the Obama family securely on board, the plane that was once Air Force One roars down the runway and begins Obama’s first trip in eight years as a private citizen, flying him to the destination of his choice. Hawaii, maybe. Or Chicago. He steps off the plane, the plane leaves.
With that, the Obama presidency recedes into the American rearview mirror.
The judgment of history awaits. The medal counting begins.
But there’s a catch. And a big one.
The New York Times swoons with a banner headline:
Obama Offers Liberal Vision:‘We Must Act’
One might offer the eternal caution of being careful what you wish for — but too late for that.
...and then...
Once again please visit sometime:
http://www.youtube.com/user/howtheworldworks
Libby Says Bush Authorized Leaks
http://tinyurl.com/zgjtq April 6, 2006
Vice President Dick Cheney's former chief of staff has testified that President Bush authorized him to disclose the contents of a highly classified intelligence assessment to the media to defend the Bush administration's decision to go to war with Iraq, according to papers filed in federal court [PDF] on Wednesday by Patrick J. Fitzgerald, the special prosecutor in the CIA leak case. http://news.nationaljournal.com/articles/0406...
---
Scooter Libby Took The Blame To Cover Bush, Cheney, Rove And The Leo Strauss Agenda: The Jig Is Up !
June 3, 1997 / http://tinyurl.com/6c3l
American foreign and defense policy is adrift. Conservatives have criticized the incoherent policies of the Clinton Administration. They have also resisted isolationist impulses from within their own ranks. But conservatives have not confidently advanced a strategic vision of America's role in the world. They have not set forth guiding principles for American foreign policy. They have allowed differences over tactics to obscure potential agreement on strategic objectives. And they have not fought for a defense budget that would maintain American security and advance American interests in the new century.
We aim to change this. We aim to make the case and rally support for American global leadership.

Elliott Abrams- Gary Bauer- William J. Bennett -Jeb Bush

Dick Cheney -Eliot A. Cohen- Midge Decter- Paula Dobriansky -Steve Forbes

Aaron Friedberg -Francis Fukuyama -Frank Gaffney -Fred C. Ikle

Donald Kagan- Zalmay Khalilzad -I. Lewis Libby -Norman Podhoretz

Dan Quayle -Peter W. Rodman -Stephen P. Rosen -Henry S. Rowen

Donald Rumsfeld -Vin Weber -George Weigel -Paul Wolfowitz

http://www.newamericancentury.org/statementof...
dems are retards

East Lansing, MI

#77718 Jan 27, 2013
'Star Trek' Prototype Tractor Beam Developed By Scientists

well its over now, as soon as bumbling Joe and Nutsey Poolsei hear about this they are gonna mint a 1 trillion $ coin, buy several of these tractor beam devices, and drive around pointing at peoples houses and confiscate their weapons, the only problem with that is they will then sell them to the mexican drug cartels and gangs in chicago,

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/26/star...
Fox News Makes You Stupid

Garden City, NY

#77719 Jan 27, 2013
Cheney Keeps His Secrets
The Skinny: VP Refuses To Comply With Executive Order On Classified Information http://tinyurl.com/2b5trx June 22, 2007

For the past four years, Vice President Dick Cheney has refused to comply with an executive order governing the oversight of classified material, using the novel argument that his office is not fully part of the executive branch.

Documents released Thursday by a House committee claim that since 2003, Cheney's office has resisted routine oversight of its handling of classified material, blocked mandatory inspections and even tried to have the unit of the National Archives responsible for enforcing the oversight rules abolished.

The L.A. Times points out that "at least one of those inspections would have come at a particularly delicate time — when Cheney's former chief of staff, I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, and other aides were under criminal investigation for their suspected roles in leaking the identity of CIA operative Valerie Plame."
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/06/22/the...

--------

Generals Speak Out Against Rumsfeld
DoD Determines US Foreign Policy, PERIOD!!! Congress is SUPERFLUOUS!!! The only thing to FEAR, is NOT ENOUGH FEAR.

"We went to war with a flawed plan that didn't account for the hard work to build the peace after we took down the regime. We also served under a secretary of defense who didn't understand leadership, who was abusive, who was arrogant, who didn't build a strong team."
-- Retired Army Maj. Gen. John Batiste.

"My sincere view is that the commitment of our forces to this fight was done with a casualness and swagger that are the special province of those who have never had to execute these missions -- or bury the results."
-- Retired Marine Lt. Gen. Gregory Newbold.

"They only need the military advice when it satisfies their agenda. I think that's a mistake, and that's why I think he should resign."
-- Retired Army Maj. Gen. John Riggs.

"We grow up in a culture where accountability, learning to accept responsibility, admitting mistakes and learning from them was critical to us. When we don't see that happening it worries us. Poor military judgment has been used throughout this mission."
-- Retired Marine Gen. Anthony Zinni, former chief of U.S. Central Command.

"I really believe that we need a new secretary of defense because Secretary Rumsfeld carries way too much baggage with him.... I think we need senior military leaders who understand the principles of war and apply them ruthlessly, and when the time comes, they need to call it like it is."
-- Retired Army Maj. Gen. Charles Swannack.

"He has shown himself incompetent strategically, operationally and tactically, and is far more than anyone responsible for what has happened to our important mission in Iraq.... Mr. Rumsfeld must step down."
-- Retired Army Maj. Gen. Paul Eaton.

Perfect security is Not attainable at any price!!!
STAR WARS & other MISSILE DEFENSE for a Trillion Dollars may stop 8 atomic war heads, but 2 will still hit their mark.

What can be achieved besides mutually assured destruction, is BANKRUPTING the US TREASURY.
-- Retired Army General Wesley K. Clark, former Supreme Allied Commander Europe. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

There are hundreds of Iraqi Scientist plus many Iraqi Generals and not ONE said they had WMD's! NOT ONE!

----------
If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.-- James Madison (1809 - 1817)
http://www.whitehouse.gov/history/presidents/...
dems are retards

East Lansing, MI

#77720 Jan 27, 2013
ANTHONY75 wrote:
51. Barack Obama is the first African-American President, get over it. 52. The Oval Office is NOT a “whites only” office. 53. America is a nation of immigrants, therefore we are all anchor babies. 54. The white race isn’t disappearing, it’s evolving. 55. God is a particle. 56. Evolution is real. 57. The Earth is 4.54 billion years old, not 6,000. 58. The Founding Fathers did not free the slaves. 59. The Revolution was NOT fought over slavery. 60. Paul Revere warned the Americans, NOT the British. 61. Federal law trumps state law. 62. The Civil War was about slavery, NOT state’s rights. 63. Corporations care more about profits than they do about people. 64. Getting out of a recession requires government spending. 65. Glenn Beck is a nut-job. 66. Republicans: Paranoid since 1932. 67. Republicans don’t want to pay for your birth control, but they want you to pay for their Viagra. 68. Republicans actually NEED Viagra. 69. Fox News is owned by an Australian and has a Saudi prince as an investor. 70. Republicans complain about immigrants taking American jobs, then freely give American jobs to foreigners overseas. 71. Republicans hate communism, so why do they refer to themselves as red states? 72. Labor unions built this country. 73. Republicans hold America hostage as a political strategy; the temper tantrum throwing kind of political strategy. 75. When Republicans see black, they attack. 76. Inside every Republican is a Klansman or a Nazi waiting to bloom. 77. Republicans only care about children BEFORE they are born. 78. Republicans are hypocrites, they’re just too stupid to know it. 79. The Christian-Right boycotts movies that have violence, and then promotes guns and insurrection. 80. I think therefore I am NOT a Republican. 81. Republicans that oppose gay marriage are most likely in the closet themselves. 82. Churches should stay out of politics, or be taxed. 83. People are too poor to vote Republican. 84. Democrats think for themselves, Republicans form think tanks to do it for them. 85. Republicans hate education because they couldn’t hack it in school. 86. Greed is one of the seven deadly sins and Republicans wallow in it. 87. A little socialism on the Left is better than a little fascism on the Right. 88. The current corporate tax rate is the lowest in 60 years, so stop whining about it being too high. 89. Republicans: Anti-Gay Marriage, Pro-Lesbian sex. 90. Republicans: Terrorizing the American people since 1981. 91. Republicans have their own terrorists, just look up Timothy McVeigh. 92. Republicans love outsourcing, just ask the Chinese Communists. 93. The Republican answer to the oil spill was to apologize to BP, a foreign oil company. 94. Democrats will be working hard to bring jobs to Americans, while the Republicans tea bag each other in the middle of the aisles. 95. Voter disenfranchisement is immoral and un-American, that’s why Republicans do it. 96. Republicans would let your house burn down unless you pay them to put it out. 97. Democrats want to take care of the sick. Republicans take their credit cards and then deny them medical attention. 98. Republicans say teachers are union thugs, then proceed to rape and mug the entire middle class on behalf of corporations. 99. Republicans think rape isn’t a crime, but miscarriages are. 100. Republicans are idiots and arguing with them is a waste of time!
you forgot one, 101. democrats are living proof that homosexuals can reproduce,
dems are retards

East Lansing, MI

#77721 Jan 27, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
**********
Ari, that's what I thought when I heard this: WTF?
How much money are we spending on these atrociously expensive *16* F-16s to give away? And 200 tanks? And who is authorizing this if Congress doesn't even know about it until they read it in the news???
Who is accountable here? What is Obama thinking? I found it unbelievable when we are trying (or they are trying) to negotiate on the national debt, that we so freely give so much money and foreign aid.
Geezus, how did this man and this administration get in office. Is half this country living in a fog?
U.S. just got involved in Mali / French military operations, 5 people shot and killed in Chicago last night, and Iran threatens involvement if Syria attacked, anybody have any idea what all three of these have in common?
Fox News Makes You Stupid

Garden City, NY

#77722 Jan 27, 2013
Libby judge 'perplexed' by clemency
His 30-month sentence was appropriate for the former Cheney aide, he writes in his first public comments on the issue. July 13, 2007 http://tinyurl.com/2zduj8
WASHINGTON — In an unusual expression of frustration, the judge who sentenced former White House aide I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby to 30 months in jail, only to see the sentence commuted by President Bush, said he was "perplexed" by the act of clemency.
In his first public comments on the matter, U.S. District Judge Reggie B. Walton took issue with Bush's statement that the prison sentence ordered for Libby last month was "excessive." Walton defended the sentence, saying that he followed established legal precedents as well as a strict interpretation of federal sentencing guidelines that has been supported by Bush's own administration./ http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/071307S.sht...

=======

You Cannot Pardon a Crime you Authorized
War Crimes of President Bush and His Subordinates
November 27, 2008 / http://tinyurl.com/89er9t
Statement from the Steering Committee for the Prosecution for War Crimes of President Bush and His Subordinates
Never before has a president pardoned himself or his subordinates for crimes he authorized. The closest thing to this in U.S. history thus far has been Bush's commutation of Scooter Libby's sentence. Bush is widely expected to follow that commutation with a pardon. Not only did Libby work for the White House, but he was convicted of obstruction of justice in an investigation that was headed to the president. Evidence introduced in the trial, including a hand-written note by the vice president, implicated Bush, and former Press Secretary Scott McClellan has since testified that Bush authorized the exposure of an undercover agent, that being the crime that was under investigation.
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php...

McClellan: Bush ’secrectly declassified’ 2002 NIE on Iraq to selectively leak to reporters.
http://tinyurl.com/4lfk8w
During his “Today” show appearance this morning with host Meredith Viera, former press secretary Scott McClellan confirmed that President Bush himself had authorized the leak of the 2002 National Intelligence Estimate on Iraq:
MCCLELLAN: But the other defining moment was in early April 2006, when I learned that the President had secretly declassified the National Intelligence Estimate on Iraq for the Vice President and Scooter Libby to anonymously disclose to reporters. And we had been out there talking about how seriously the President took the selective leaking of classified information. And here we were, learning that the President had authorized the very same thing we had criticized.
VIERA: Did you talk to the President and say why are you doing this?
MCCLELLAN: Actually, I did. I talk about the conversation we had.… And I told the President that that’s what the reporter was asking. He was saying that you, yourself, was the one that authorized the leaking of this information. And he said “yeah, I did.” And I was kinda taken aback.
dems are retards

East Lansing, MI

#77723 Jan 27, 2013
all of the democraps that lied and voted to go to war in Iraq, including billary, should be impeached! Bill Clinton signed the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 stating Saddam Hussein should be removed from power and promote a democratic replacement. Clinton should be impeached too! Oh wait, he was!
Fox News Makes You Stupid

Garden City, NY

#77724 Jan 27, 2013
dems are retards wrote:
all of the democraps that lied and voted to go to war in Iraq, including billary, should be impeached! Bill Clinton signed the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 stating Saddam Hussein should be removed from power and promote a democratic replacement. Clinton should be impeached too! Oh wait, he was!
Finally, now you are correct.

Slick Willy did sign it into law.

It is very peculiar that George Dumbya Bush never said that Clinton signed Regime Change in Iraq.

Instead he made up the WMD story.

Enclosed is another Bush lie.

lol

----------

A Debate on One of the Most Frequently Cited Justifications for the 1991 Persian Gulf War: Did PR Firm Hill & Knowlton Invent the Story of Iraqi Soldiers Pulling Kuwaiti Babies From Incubators?
December 2nd, 2003
http://tinyurl.com/nn323
http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl...

Since: Dec 11

.

#77726 Jan 27, 2013
Fox News Makes You Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be a Frank Luntz believer.
Svengali Luntz changed the wording from Estate Tax to Death Tax so people like yourself will endorse it.
It only applies to Millionaires and Billionaires.
---------
Obama’s Record Belies Inaugural Words
by Ralph Nader / January 26, 2013 / http://tinyurl.com/aglc7tc
A friend asked me what I was thinking while listening to President Obama’s inaugural address. Here were my reactions:
Obama:“They [the Patriots of 1776] gave to us a republic, a government of and by and for the people.”
The flood of money-shaping elections and politics has given us a corporate government of the Exxons, by the General Motors, for the DuPonts.
Obama:“Together we resolve that a great nation must care for the vulnerable and protect its people from life’s worst hazards and misfortune.”
In his first term Obama was indifferent to the more than 300,000 preventable fatalities a year in this country from hospital infections and malpractice, adverse drug effects, and occupational disease/trauma, in addition to coming perils of viral epidemics from abroad.
Obama:“…our country cannot succeed when a shrinking few do very well and a growing many barely make it.”
He reneged and kept silent on his repeated 2008 campaign promise to push for a $9.50 minimum wage by 2011 and for a card-check system to facilitate the growth of unions. In his first term he discouraged Democrats from championing these measures in Congress even though thirty million workers are making wages less than workers made in 1968, adjusted for inflation (see timeforaraise.org ). He also opposed a Wall Street financial transaction tax and declined to reduce gigantic corporate welfare programs (that conservatives call “crony capitalism”) that beg for repeal.
Obama:“We will respond to the threat of climate change, knowing that the failure to do so would betray our children and future generations.”
Obama and the emissaries he sends to international climate change conferences have brought up the rear among nations, infuriating our allies who looked to the U.S.A. for leadership. He never pressed for a carbon tax that even Exxon and leading conservatives, such as Gregory Mankiw, support (Mankiw was the chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers under George W. Bush). I also believe that Obama will approve the Keystone XL Pipeline that will carry 900,000 barrels of dirty tar sands oil through the U.S. every day. A decision that Jim Hansen of NASA said would be catastrophic.
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2013/01/26-4...
"It only applies to Millionaires and Billionaires."

WRONG! If you work all your life you pay taxes all your life, when you earn it you are taxed.
When you buy something you are taxed.
when you save it you are taxed.
When you die any property and or investment/savings you leave behind are taxed as much as %50! Why the [email protected] must we be taxed even after we DIE?
[email protected] YOU! YOU SIMPLE minded Bastard!
If you own a home and leave it to your children, they will either have to sell to pay that Estate/Death Tax or crap that money to pay for as if they had to buy it all over again! When you die your family should have to pay back %50 of your lifetime welfare benefits! or go to debtors prison!
Fox News Makes You Stupid

Garden City, NY

#77727 Jan 27, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
"It only applies to Millionaires and Billionaires."
WRONG! If you work all your life you pay taxes all your life, when you earn it you are taxed.
When you buy something you are taxed.
when you save it you are taxed.
When you die any property and or investment/savings you leave behind are taxed as much as %50! Why the [email protected] must we be taxed even after we DIE?
[email protected] YOU! YOU SIMPLE minded Bastard!
If you own a home and leave it to your children, they will either have to sell to pay that Estate/Death Tax or crap that money to pay for as if they had to buy it all over again! When you die your family should have to pay back %50 of your lifetime welfare benefits! or go to debtors prison!
Again the Death Tax only applies to Millionaires and Billionaires.

========

1.President Obama Cut Taxes for Almost All Working Americans

2.Ronald Reagan Tripled the National Debt

3.George W. Bush Doubled the National Debt

4.Reagan Raised Debt Ceiling 17 Times, Bush Seven

5.Tax Cuts Don't Pay for Themselves

6.Almost All Working Americans Pay Taxes

7.The GOP's "Job Creators" Don't Create Jobs

8.Low Capital Gains Taxes Fuel Income Inequality...

9....But Not Investment

10.The Estate Tax Has Virtually No Impact on Family Farms and Businesses

11. Income Inequality Has Reached an 80 Year High...

12....While the Federal Tax Burden Has Hit a 60 Year Low

13.Romney-Ryan Plan Another Massive Tax Cut Windfall for the Wealthy

14.Romney, Ryan Won't Say Which of the $1 Trillion in Tax Breaks GOP Will End

15.Romney-Ryan Will Add More Debt Than President Obama

----------

They're All Against Jobs
by Sen. Fritz Hollings / December 20, 2009 / http://tinyurl.com/ydr27ze
Who is against jobs in the United States? The big banks, Wall Street, the Council on Foreign Relations, the Business Roundtable, the United States Chamber of Commerce, the National Retail Federation, Corporate America, the President of the United States, Congress of the United States. Everyone is crying for jobs, but no one seems to understand why there aren't any. And the reason for those opposing jobs is money.
Beginning in 1973, big banks made most of their profit outside of the United States. Industries off-shoring, investing, banks financing the investments, transfer fees, fees and interest on the loans made for bigger profits. Long since, the big banks under the leadership of David Rockefeller have led the way to off-shore and make a bigger profit. Goldman Sachs, AIG, Citicorp and Wall Street, conspiring for a bailout and now using it for bonuses, make more money from the off-shored operations.
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2009/12/20-6
wtf

Elkhorn City, KY

#77729 Jan 27, 2013
Hell on Hee1s wrote:
DHS WANTS 7,000 'ASSAULT WEAPONS' FOR 'PERSONAL DEFENSE'
Agency also seeking to procure 30-round magazines
(Hypocracy anyone)
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/dhs-wants-7000-ass...
"Hell on Heels"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =zYxRRwQzWCIXX
Signing off
=)
Get to bed deadbeat.
idk

Ashland, KY

#77730 Jan 27, 2013
what

Since: Dec 11

.

#77732 Jan 27, 2013
Fox News Makes You Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
Again the Death Tax only applies to Millionaires and Billionaires.
========
1.President Obama Cut Taxes for Almost All Working Americans
2.Ronald Reagan Tripled the National Debt
3.George W. Bush Doubled the National Debt
4.Reagan Raised Debt Ceiling 17 Times, Bush Seven
5.Tax Cuts Don't Pay for Themselves
6.Almost All Working Americans Pay Taxes
7.The GOP's "Job Creators" Don't Create Jobs
8.Low Capital Gains Taxes Fuel Income Inequality...
9....But Not Investment
10.The Estate Tax Has Virtually No Impact on Family Farms and Businesses
11. Income Inequality Has Reached an 80 Year High...
12....While the Federal Tax Burden Has Hit a 60 Year Low
13.Romney-Ryan Plan Another Massive Tax Cut Windfall for the Wealthy
14.Romney, Ryan Won't Say Which of the $1 Trillion in Tax Breaks GOP Will End
15.Romney-Ryan Will Add More Debt Than President Obama
----------
They're All Against Jobs
by Sen. Fritz Hollings / December 20, 2009 / http://tinyurl.com/ydr27ze
Who is against jobs in the United States? The big banks, Wall Street, the Council on Foreign Relations, the Business Roundtable, the United States Chamber of Commerce, the National Retail Federation, Corporate America, the President of the United States, Congress of the United States. Everyone is crying for jobs, but no one seems to understand why there aren't any. And the reason for those opposing jobs is money.
Beginning in 1973, big banks made most of their profit outside of the United States. Industries off-shoring, investing, banks financing the investments, transfer fees, fees and interest on the loans made for bigger profits. Long since, the big banks under the leadership of David Rockefeller have led the way to off-shore and make a bigger profit. Goldman Sachs, AIG, Citicorp and Wall Street, conspiring for a bailout and now using it for bonuses, make more money from the off-shored operations.
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2009/12/20-6
AGAIN WRONG!
The IRS places an automatic lien against your estate for any estate taxes that may be due. If your will leaves no specific provision about how these taxes are to be paid, state law generally controls how the burden of paying the taxes will be distributed among your beneficiaries. As a result, your beneficiaries may end up paying taxes out of their own pockets or selling some of the property that you left to them to meet this obligation.

Most state apportionment statutes impose the tax payment liability only on those assets that contributed to the tax imposed. Thus, your spouse will not be responsible for any taxes if he or she received all your property free of tax under the unlimited marital deduction. Likewise, charities that received property free of tax under the charitable deduction will not have to carry any of the tax burden.

In addition, most state apportionment acts divide up the tax burden on a prorated basis. For example, if your taxable estate was evenly split between two beneficiaries, each beneficiary would be responsible for 50 percent (one-half) of the taxes due. Beneficiaries who received the taxable portion of your estate must pay their share of the taxes owed when they are due--generally nine months from the date of your death. They may have to sell their inheritances to get the cash. If their inheritances are already spent, however, they still must pay the taxes, and the IRS can go after any of their other assets to satisfy the lien.

http://www.axa-equitable.com/plan/estate/how-...
wtf

Elkhorn City, KY

#77734 Jan 27, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
AGAIN WRONG!
The IRS places an automatic lien against your estate for any estate taxes that may be due. If your will leaves no specific provision about how these taxes are to be paid, state law generally controls how the burden of paying the taxes will be distributed among your beneficiaries. As a result, your beneficiaries may end up paying taxes out of their own pockets or selling some of the property that you left to them to meet this obligation.
Most state apportionment statutes impose the tax payment liability only on those assets that contributed to the tax imposed. Thus, your spouse will not be responsible for any taxes if he or she received all your property free of tax under the unlimited marital deduction. Likewise, charities that received property free of tax under the charitable deduction will not have to carry any of the tax burden.
In addition, most state apportionment acts divide up the tax burden on a prorated basis. For example, if your taxable estate was evenly split between two beneficiaries, each beneficiary would be responsible for 50 percent (one-half) of the taxes due. Beneficiaries who received the taxable portion of your estate must pay their share of the taxes owed when they are due--generally nine months from the date of your death. They may have to sell their inheritances to get the cash. If their inheritances are already spent, however, they still must pay the taxes, and the IRS can go after any of their other assets to satisfy the lien.
http://www.axa-equitable.com/plan/estate/how-...
Then you can leave asap, you will not be missed by anybody.

BTW Stupid how is the Government supposed to pay for The Military, the Roads, the Universities, Police, Firemen..........

Tell us Old Wise One?

Since: Dec 11

.

#77736 Jan 27, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>Then you can leave asap, you will not be missed by anybody.
BTW Stupid how is the Government supposed to pay for The Military, the Roads, the Universities, Police, Firemen..........
Tell us Old Wise One?
IF you had ever has a Damned JOB you might have noticed all the taxes deducted from a paycheck BEFORE you get it.

You might have noticed TAXES paid to State and City also if you ever owned property or an automobile, if you ever bought anything with earned wages you might notice the TAXES WORKING CLASS AMERICANS must pay!
The same taxes Dimocrats use for the big REDISTRIBUTION plan!
Fox News Makes You Stupid

Garden City, NY

#77738 Jan 27, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
IF you had ever has a Damned JOB you might have noticed all the taxes deducted from a paycheck BEFORE you get it.
You might have noticed TAXES paid to State and City also if you ever owned property or an automobile, if you ever bought anything with earned wages you might notice the TAXES WORKING CLASS AMERICANS must pay!
The same taxes Dimocrats use for the big REDISTRIBUTION plan!
The tax code is over 70,000 pages because BOTH parties benefit their corporate masters.

That is why Ariston has to get stuck paying the bill.

==========

Perfectly Legal: The Covert Campaign to Rig our Tax System to Benefit the Super Rich- and Cheat Everyone Else
http://tinyurl.com/ydf6r6 / April 18, 2004
One of the country's top investigative reporters reveals how the richest people within the top 1 percent of the country has rigged the tax code and other laws in its favor.
Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative reporter David Cay Johnston has been breaking pieces of this story on the front page of The New York Times for nine years, work for which one business school professor calls him ěthe de facto chief tax enforcement officer of the United Statesî. With Perfectly Legal, he puts the whole shocking narrative together in a way that will stir up media attention and make readers angry about the state of our country. And he has sound advice on what to do.
http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/181339-1

Free Lunch: How the Wealthiest Americans Enrich Themselves at Government Expense
(And Stick You with the Bill) January 18, 2008 / http://tinyurl.com/2yequa
Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist David Cay Johnston joins us to talk about his new book,“Free Lunch: How the Wealthiest Americans Enrich Themselves at Government Expense (And Stick You with the Bill).” Johnston reveals how government subsidies and new regulations have quietly funneled money from the poor and the middle class to the rich and politically connected.
http://www.democracynow.org/2008/1/18/free_lu...

Proof Bush policy caused foreclosure crisis in America /
A Home of Your Own
EXPANDING OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL AMERICANS
http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/in...
Fox News Makes You Stupid

Garden City, NY

#77739 Jan 27, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
"It only applies to Millionaires and Billionaires."
WRONG! If you work all your life you pay taxes all your life, when you earn it you are taxed.
When you buy something you are taxed.
when you save it you are taxed.
When you die any property and or investment/savings you leave behind are taxed as much as %50! Why the [email protected] must we be taxed even after we DIE?
[email protected] YOU! YOU SIMPLE minded Bastard!
If you own a home and leave it to your children, they will either have to sell to pay that Estate/Death Tax or crap that money to pay for as if they had to buy it all over again! When you die your family should have to pay back %50 of your lifetime welfare benefits! or go to debtors prison!
The New Corporate World Order
Apr 19, 2011 / http://tinyurl.com/3eker4w
The debate over Republicans’ insistence on continued tax breaks for the superrich and the corporations they run should come to a screeching halt with the report in Tuesday’s Wall Street Journal headlined “Big U.S. Firms Shift Hiring Abroad.” Those tax breaks over the past decade, leaving some corporations such as General Electric to pay no taxes at all, were supposed to lead to job creation, but just the opposite has occurred. As the WSJ put it, the multinational companies “cut their work forces in the U.S. by 2.9 million during the 2000s while increasing employment overseas by 2.4 million, new data from the U.S. Commerce Department show.”
http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/the_new_c...

Big No-Tax Corps Just Keep on Dodging
April 9, 2012 /
http://www.ctj.org/pdf/notax2012.pdf

Bernie Sanders Calls Out CEO Tax Dodgers over Deficit, Hypocrisy
'The last thing we need to do is listen to these deficit increasing CEOs'
October 25, 2012 /
Senator Bernie Sanders called out a group of the top US CEOs Thursday in a new report revealing top corporate tax dodgers in the US and urged those dodgers to 'look in the mirror' for the causes of America's ballooning deficit. The report followed a joint statement issued Thursday morning by the top 80 US CEOs, pleading to Congress for a deficit reduction plan that would include cuts to Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid, and a decrease in taxes "for the top 2%.
The report Top Corporate Tax Dodgers (pdf) outlines individual CEO income and tax information, exploring the vast amounts of tax avoidance from the members of the group who today urged congress to avoid the 'fiscal cliff' budget, through their telling new plan.
Sanders reveals how many of the CEOs who issued the statement have evaded at least $34.5 billion in taxes through more than 600 subsidiaries in the Cayman Islands and other offshore tax havens since 2008. Roughly a dozen of their companies did not pay federal income taxes at all in recent years and some received an additional $6.4 billion in tax refunds from the IRS since 2008. Many of the companies were among those who received the $2.5 trillion from the Federal Reserve following the banking industry induced financial crisis.
http://www.sanders.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/1...
Fox News Makes You Stupid

Garden City, NY

#77740 Jan 27, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
AGAIN WRONG!
The IRS places an automatic lien against your estate for any estate taxes that may be due. If your will leaves no specific provision about how these taxes are to be paid, state law generally controls how the burden of paying the taxes will be distributed among your beneficiaries. As a result, your beneficiaries may end up paying taxes out of their own pockets or selling some of the property that you left to them to meet this obligation.
Most state apportionment statutes impose the tax payment liability only on those assets that contributed to the tax imposed. Thus, your spouse will not be responsible for any taxes if he or she received all your property free of tax under the unlimited marital deduction. Likewise, charities that received property free of tax under the charitable deduction will not have to carry any of the tax burden.
In addition, most state apportionment acts divide up the tax burden on a prorated basis. For example, if your taxable estate was evenly split between two beneficiaries, each beneficiary would be responsible for 50 percent (one-half) of the taxes due. Beneficiaries who received the taxable portion of your estate must pay their share of the taxes owed when they are due--generally nine months from the date of your death. They may have to sell their inheritances to get the cash. If their inheritances are already spent, however, they still must pay the taxes, and the IRS can go after any of their other assets to satisfy the lien.
http://www.axa-equitable.com/plan/estate/how-...
No Republican administration has balanced a budget since Eisenhower in 1957.

Dwight Eisenhower was last Republican President to preside over a balanced budget. He had a balanced budget in 1956 and 1957. Since then, there have been two presidents to preside over balanced budgets, LBJ in 1969 and Clinton in 1998 through 2001. During the last 40 years there have been five budget surpluses, all five were under Democratic Presidents: 1969, 1998, 1999, 2000, and 2001.

========

Analysis: Banks Play Shell Game with Taxpayer Dollars
Statement by Senator Bernie Sanders
BURLINGTON, VT - A study requested by Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) found numerous instances during the financial crisis of 2008 and 2009 when banks took near zero-interest funds from the Federal Reserve and then loaned money back to the federal government on sweetheart terms for the banks.
The banks pocketed interest on government securities that paid rates up to 12 times greater than the Fed’s rock bottom interest charges, according to a Congressional Research Service analysis conducted for Sanders.
“This report confirms that ultra-low interest loans provided by the Federal Reserve during the financial crisis turned out to be direct corporate welfare to big banks,” Sanders said.“Instead of using the Fed loans to reinvest in the economy, some of the largest financial institutions in this country appear to have lent this money back to the federal government at a higher rate of interest by purchasing U.S. government securities.”
http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2011/04/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sav a lot 3 hr Maggie 14
I would like to know if any Knox county teacher... 3 hr Truth 62
Jackson manor 3 hr Curious 27
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Bill McReal 163,327
Sherry bar 3 hr The Real Yeti 14
BArbourville PTO officers 3 hr Concerned parent 1
What happened to Connie davenport? 4 hr Friend 17

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages