'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
69,421 - 69,440 of 151,029 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Reality

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like you have too, troll.
Who are you again? LOL!
Why would you call me a troll, I hit the truth,huh?

I read what you said on the Immigration forum but I haven't posted there yet, I just don't want to get into that debate yet.
dems are retards

Mason, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

hey libotards, heres your success! BAAAAAAA

California residents, businesses consider bailing on Golden State over taxes

From small businessmen in San Diego to vintners in Napa Valley, top-earning Californians reeling from a new state income tax are preparing to pack up and bail out.

Top-ranked golfer Phil Mickelson ignited a firestorm this week by suggesting that the state's tax landscape might force him to make tough decisions, such as moving elsewhere. Mickelson later backtracked, saying he shouldn't have spoken so openly about his personal situation, but others in the Golden State are still speaking out.

"If you have excessive regulations and excessive tax, that's just not where you want to be," said Peter Farrell, president of ResMed a medical-device maker in San Diego that employs 600 workers and is considering moving its offices out of state. "California is unfriendly. It's become an unfriendly business environment."

One possibility is Texas, where the personal income-tax rate is zero, compared to 13.3 percent for top California earners.

Another San Diego-based company, Fallbrook Technologies, a maker of variable speed transmissions, recently announced it is leaving for Texas.

Nevada tax accountant George Ashley said he's received more than 100 inquiries from higher-earning Californians about the possible tax advantages and feasibility of relocating to a state with lower taxes.

"We have had a 10-fold increase from various parts of California, particularly Los Angeles and the Bay Area where many people are seeking a way to leave the state," said Ashley, who lives just over the California state line in Lake Tahoe, Nev.. "They are fed up with the situation and they feel like they are being unfairly treated."

The proposed exodus is the result of Proposition 30, a tax-increase proposal by Democratic Gov. Jerry Brown that residents voted into law in November

California expects to net $5 billion to $7 billion annually by increasing the tax rate on households making more than $250,000 a year -- and which already pay 62 percent of state income taxes, according to 2010 tax returns. The top 2 percent of earners, households earning more than $450,000, pay 46 percent of the taxes. And those earning more than $1 million -- just 34,000 of the state's 14 million taxpayers -- pay 25 percent of the entire states' taxes.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/23/ca...
Reality

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

worse wrote:
<quoted text>
I would laugh my ass off if you were set on fire. Report that internet coward. Maybe your chicken ass should file an internet restraining order because all the bad people are hurting your feelings.
Is this hate speech?

Oh, I forgot Obama doesn't want the libs to be tagged with the truth when they spread hate speech.

You hope someone sets him on fire. Just like Benghazi, when the terrorist set the compound on fire as Obama and Killary watched on.

Proves my point about libs. Your post says it all.
dems are retards

Mason, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

hey demotards, hows that union thuggery working out for you?

Unions’ Decline Continued in 2012

The numbers are out, and for unions they are grim. The Associated Press reports:

Union membership plummeted last year to the lowest level since the 1930s as cash-strapped state and local governments shed workers and unions had difficulty organizing new members in the private sector despite signs of an improving economy.

Government figures released Wednesday showed union membership declined from 11.8 percent to 11.3 percent of the workforce….

Overall membership fell by about 400,000 workers to 14.4 million, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. More than half the loss, about 234,000, came from government workers including teachers, firefighters and public administrators.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/01...
Reality

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

dems are retards wrote:
hey libotards, heres your success! BAAAAAAA
California residents, businesses consider bailing on Golden State over taxes
From small businessmen in San Diego to vintners in Napa Valley, top-earning Californians reeling from a new state income tax are preparing to pack up and bail out.
Top-ranked golfer Phil Mickelson ignited a firestorm this week by suggesting that the state's tax landscape might force him to make tough decisions, such as moving elsewhere. Mickelson later backtracked, saying he shouldn't have spoken so openly about his personal situation, but others in the Golden State are still speaking out.
"If you have excessive regulations and excessive tax, that's just not where you want to be," said Peter Farrell, president of ResMed a medical-device maker in San Diego that employs 600 workers and is considering moving its offices out of state. "California is unfriendly. It's become an unfriendly business environment."
One possibility is Texas, where the personal income-tax rate is zero, compared to 13.3 percent for top California earners.
Another San Diego-based company, Fallbrook Technologies, a maker of variable speed transmissions, recently announced it is leaving for Texas.
Nevada tax accountant George Ashley said he's received more than 100 inquiries from higher-earning Californians about the possible tax advantages and feasibility of relocating to a state with lower taxes.
"We have had a 10-fold increase from various parts of California, particularly Los Angeles and the Bay Area where many people are seeking a way to leave the state," said Ashley, who lives just over the California state line in Lake Tahoe, Nev.. "They are fed up with the situation and they feel like they are being unfairly treated."
The proposed exodus is the result of Proposition 30, a tax-increase proposal by Democratic Gov. Jerry Brown that residents voted into law in November
California expects to net $5 billion to $7 billion annually by increasing the tax rate on households making more than $250,000 a year -- and which already pay 62 percent of state income taxes, according to 2010 tax returns. The top 2 percent of earners, households earning more than $450,000, pay 46 percent of the taxes. And those earning more than $1 million -- just 34,000 of the state's 14 million taxpayers -- pay 25 percent of the entire states' taxes.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/23/ca...
Did you know that Tiger Woods moved out of California because the taxes were too high and he was on the news stating simply "I am moving out of california because the taxes are too high."

Yet, they never made a drama case out of it.
Reality

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Hell on Hee1s wrote:
<quoted text>
Be Godless & stupid somewhere ELSE then ...
This forum is FULL of Christians!
Go somewhere it MIGHT work!
It's NOT going to here!
You are BEATING a DEAD horse!
Thank you, nicely put.
Reality

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

The only time democrats won't use children as a prop is at pro-choice rallies.

Greg Gutfeld
The Five

Since: Jan 13

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Any new questions?
I guess not, since liberals (the libs which are grown adults) need THEIR umbilical cord still attached to them and attached to the the White House to guide, direct, dictate and summons when needed.
How come?? How come, grown men and women need the government telling them what, when, how, where and who they should communicate or just daily functions?
Oh my, and then they want to direct this attention away from the right so they don't see it with name calling, accusations and falsehoods.
You continue to name even one right or freedom that we have lost since President Obama took office. You brainwashed sheep continue to whine and complain that he took your freedoms and that he is taking your guns but none of you can even give one valid example to support your claims. You just keep repeating factless propagandist statements and try to change the subject. Stop Denying the Fact that you were misinformed by your fake "news" source and you are Wrong.

United States citizens have not lost any rights or freedoms under the Obama Administration.

There is no law or executive order or government agency or official taking your guns away.

Your fears are irrational.

Paranoia will destroy ya

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't Rand Paul ask Hillary about the traffiking of guns to Turkey and what was this all about?
Also, our gov. has sent 16 Jet Bombers and tanks to Egypt to the muslim terrorist Morsi to fight Israel. They said "maybe this will make Egypt more sympathetic to Israel if America aids them."
Are they nuts?
It wasn’t a secret that Ambassador Christopher Stevens played a key role in Libya’s “Arab Spring.” During the course of the revolution that ultimately toppled Muammar Qaddafi, Stevens’ built a relationship with the Libyan rebels and it’s this experience that made him the frontrunner for the Libyan ambassadorship. Stevens’ history of working with Libyan radicals provided the perfect opportunity for the Obama administration to covertly move newly purchased weapons from Libya’s freedom fighters to Syrian insurgents via ships through Turkey.

http://www.examiner.com/article/did-cia-and-s...

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Typo/Correction. ( You continue to [ FAIL ] to name even one right or freedom... )
sick of corruption

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

AmericanMan wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure if we dig back far enough in the US law we could hang this Anti-American POS for Treason. Or maybe for terrorism since he is part of the American Taliban. Against free elections and a society where majority rules. You hypocritical bastards and bitches talk all day long about what patriots you are but you spit on the Constitution with post like this. A post that wants to do away with a freely elected government and take it over by force because you don't like the way an election turned out. YOU are Anti-Americans. America had it's elections. YOU lost.
The majority rules. Well, sort of maybe coulda been the majority. We'll never know if that voting process was just one more coverup or not. The democrats have their hands in all kinds of cookie jars lately. Obama wants the rich to hand their money to him so he can spend and spend and spend and never have to go by the restraints of a budget (Reid's gift to Obama...a blank check for 4 years). Democrats have spit on the Constitution every day they have been in power. The UN is Obama's Constitution and the Cloward and Pivan crisis theory is his bible. Obama's high unemployment for 4 years and going strong is part of the plan. Make sure the dumb ass masses will never bite the hand that force feeds them and their children. Obama's and Hitlary's forced dry tears appear only when they are up to something or when they are ready to lie. Do you know how to tell when Obama or Hitlary is lying? If there mouth is moving. The Black community unemployment rate has been 14-18% during Obama's first four years and shows no signs of improving. Obama ran a campaign ad telling the Black community he still had their backs. Lie of the century. Hitlary demanded that both houses hold their hearings on Benghazi the same day for her questioning so that the time limit for questions would have to be cut for each question asked. Susan Rice will not be questioned according to Obama. Every American family lost 40% of their wealth on Obama's first term watch. A record number of Americans are now living at or below the poverty level during and after Obama's first four years. Obama did nothing about immigration reform (democrat amnesty) or gay "what ever it is they are demanding this time" rights which he promised to do when he had all 3 legislative branches for 2 long years. There was a reason for that. He would be more flexible and all they had to do was vote him back into office and he would repay them. Same with the millions and millions of illegals/criminals in our country. Obama has surrounded himself with radicals and homeland terrorist (Ayers) all of his life so surrounding himself with a gang of crooks on the Hill feels like home and business as usual. Gitmo is still up and running. Gas prices are still high. Now his latest brain fart is to do what his UN master suggested. 14 trillion for a worldwide green program. Americans who are treading water because of his many failed policies will now be responsible for supplying 3rd world countries with solar panels for their huts made of ox shit. Solyndra cost tax payers 500 million dollars. Obama bypassed our Constitution and listened to his UN master and held Drone strikes on foreign countries and eventually killed an American citizen. Brian Terry was murdered with a gun the White House sent to Mexico but Obama wants gun control for citizens but not for his gang of thieves. Obama is okay with abortions (killing babies) yet uses a tragedy concerning children to further his intentions of gun restrictions on citizens.

Whew...that's only the tip of the iceberg but since you morons aren't allowed to speak of those things I though a little free speech and some facts thrown at you would help you look your kids in the eyes tonight before they spit on you before bed.
R or D please wtf

Richmond, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't Rand Paul ask Hillary about the traffiking of guns to Turkey and what was this all about?
Also, our gov. has sent 16 Jet Bombers and tanks to Egypt to the muslim terrorist Morsi to fight Israel. They said "maybe this will make Egypt more sympathetic to Israel if America aids them."
Are they nuts?
YEA HA OUR GOVT the gift that keeps on giving did congress approve the bombers or did Obama do that on his own and please no b.s. I didn't catch that probably on his own cause only fox is talking bout it
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Are they nuts?

They're all nuts,*Reality*!!

Because I was gone most of the day, I only watched a few videos on the questioning of Hillary. All they did in what I saw, including McCain was praise her for being a respected leader then ask a bunch of questions never allowing her to answer. In other words,....

"How come you didn't, and why didn't you, and didn't know that, and where were you when"? and and and! And all the while she sits there with gritted teeth like she was getting an asschewing instead of .......answer the question time-out one at a time. Answer them as they are asked. Who can remember when someone throws 8 questions at you in a request for you to remember all of them and answer in the order which they were asked?

Her answer: "Let me be clear", yatta yatta. Yeah, clear as mud!
"We're still investigating and I can't answer XYZ." BS, it's been four months, how many more months or years does it take to put this Benghazi cover-up together?

I must have missed the good parts.
OBAMIES ZOMBIES

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that Tiger Woods moved out of California because the taxes were too high and he was on the news stating simply "I am moving out of california because the taxes are too high."
Yet, they never made a drama case out of it.
Sales tax in CA is 8.75-9.25%!
lol

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

R or D please wtf wrote:
<quoted text>YEA HA OUR GOVT the gift that keeps on giving did congress approve the bombers or did Obama do that on his own and please no b.s. I didn't catch that probably on his own cause only fox is talking bout it
Obama's Drone strikes were authorized by the UN. He bypassed the Constitution of the United States. Hilary Clinton and Joe Biden both voted yes to got to war with Iraq acting on the information they received from our Intelligence agencies. They received the same info concerning WMD'S as President Bush received. Clinton and Biden both voted to continue funding that war. It only became Bush's war and Bush only became a liar about the Iraq war when election time rolled around. Bush went through the proper Constitutional procedures. The UN was not his Constitution nor his master.

Any other facts you need to know? Just ask again. I'm happy to help you out. And you're welcome.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Dear Mitchell,
You continue to fail to do the job Kentuckians hired you to do. You have embarrassed our state and ruined our reputation since 1985. You are a narrowminded racist with an underdeveloped intellect. You have irrational fears of threats that don't really exist. You have obstructed progress in this state and in Congress. You are a liar and failure. You don't represent the citizens of Kentucky or our best interests. For all of these reasons and more including the fact that you have outlived your usefulness and your face looks droopy like you are a melting wax figure, I'm not sorry to tell you that we're going to have to let you go.

#DitchMitch2014
R or D please wtf

Richmond, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

AmericanMan wrote:
<quoted text>That's not what I'm saying. Christie could win as a Repub if your own party would not try and destroy him first. Problem is most of the Frightwing hate Christie primarily because the Dems like him.
there is no room on the ticket for Cristy (no pun intended)
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

ANTHONY75 wrote:
Typo/Correction.( You continue to [ FAIL ] to name even one right or freedom...)

Your rights may not be all gone, but they are being chipped away a little at a time. By doing this a little at a time, the younger you are the less you know about the freedoms of the past generation.

Do you remember a time when you could jump in your car and drive off? No seatbelts required - no fines, no arrests - but were there if you chose to use them.*Please don't make an argument for seatbelts, I already know the story.*

Point being:

Do you remember a time when you were stopped by an officer for road check, he did not have the right to search your car without a warrant, or force you to take a breathalyzer because of some assumption? And if you refuse today you can be arrested for just refusing, hauled off and booked even if you're innocent in the end.

Do you remember when you were innocent until proven guilty - not the other way around?

Do you remember a time when police officers could not enter your home without a warrant? Now - thanks to the Supreme Court a year ago October, if they have any reason to suspect something fishy, they knock once and kick in your door...if they even knock.

Do you remember when you traveled across your own country no one dared to touch your body or ask you to remove your clothes. You did not ever dream the day would come when complete strangers could maul your person and feel you up with more embarrassment than your own doctor. And speaking of doctors, do you remember when you spoke to your doctor you did so in complete privacy and your records remained in his private file?
Now they go on a data base where anyone, insurance companies, loan companies and including the government can read your file.

Do you remember when you walked down the street, drove down the street or walked into a store you were not being photographed or followed by hidden cameras, being gawked at by unknown surveillance people?

Do you remember when you were a kid and played cops and robbers no one thought of you as a terrorist?

Do you remember when you could own a sling shot, pea shooter, cap gun - and no one thought anything of it?

Do you remember if you were a smoker you could smoke in your own car, in the open air, just about anywhere except the movie theatre or city bus? Now you can't smoke in a hospital parking lot in your own car. Don't take this as condoning smoking, it's just an example of the erosion of personal rights - personal choice. And please don't lecture on smoking, I know that story, too.

I'm not saying this is all Obama's fault as he is a drinker and a smoker, probably a pothead in his own private space - but when you talk about freedoms, you need to keep in mind that all the above are now banned, and more are on the way unless the people of this country say they have had enough!

Will they tell this invasive government to get off their backs and leave them alone?

I doubt it.
OBAMIES ZOMBIES

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of chemtrails. My husband saw alot in the sky today. Lets see if it rains tomorrow.
Just because you are too ignorant or naive to not see the chemtrails are different than the jet stream doesn't mean the ones which see it are.
Yesterday it was to many trails up in the sky. Long and wide. People was looking up asking, what is that? This is not heavy area in air traffic. Saw 2 jets and no trails. Yesterday, way to many lines.
Tonight is raining.

It is always very heavy trails in the sky just before
the rain. "Geo-engineering"... ?????

Must be complete idiot not to see that something is going on!!!!!

Regular jets don't create fake clouds and live trails across the sky????? Must be hundreds of jets up in the sky to live that many trails ...

You're right R...!!!!!

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

OBAMIES ZOMBIES wrote:
<quoted text>
Yesterday it was to many trails up in the sky. Long and wide. People was looking up asking, what is that? This is not heavy area in air traffic. Saw 2 jets and no trails. Yesterday, way to many lines.
Tonight is raining.
It is always very heavy trails in the sky just before
the rain. "Geo-engineering"... ?????
Must be complete idiot not to see that something is going on!!!!!
Regular jets don't create fake clouds and live trails across the sky????? Must be hundreds of jets up in the sky to live that many trails ...
You're right R...!!!!!
Tomorrow there will be 24 flights departing Lexington and 21 flights arriving at the Bluegrass Airport. You can expect to see as many as 45 lines in the sky & that doesn't include the nearly 28,000 flights that fly right past our big city. You can check flight schedules at any time on the airport's website https://www.bluegrassairport.com/ied_fids/62_... .

Vapor trails come from two things. First is the water vapor created by burning jet fuel. If the air is the right combination of cold and density, the vapor will condense into a trail. It can also come from the low pressure in the wingtip vortex. The wings of an aircraft cause a drop in air pressure in the vicinity of the wing. This brings with it a drop in temperature, which can cause water to condense out of the air and form a vapor trail or contrail. However, the vapor trails do contain pollutants that can harm the atmosphere. Basically, airplanes release the same vapor trails, it is really to conditions that make the look of it change, like temperature, the density, attitude, also the the amount of fuel being burned, and many more factors. Additionally, irregularities in the surfaces of an aircraft (hinges, rivets, joints, panel seems, lights, curves, missile parts and pylons on fighter aircraft) all contribute to collecting and condensing water vapor that eventually falls off at a streaming rate. While there are exhaust-related polluting components in a contrail, the vast majority of its content is water vapor. The relative "thickness" or "thin-ness" of the contrail is dependent on altitude, temperature, density, winds at altitude, and the aircraft's individual characteristics (shapes, engines, etc.).

If you are still paranoid I'm willing to pay for your U-haul if you feel like moving far away would make you feel more safe. Was there Any air traffic in your home country? I feel sad that your moving to the United States has become such a scary thing and that you're having difficulty adjusting to the faster pace. There are several mental health organizations that can help you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 17 min Buzz Brain 1,069
Travis slushpup 3 hr Beenthere 1
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 3 hr yourmommm 1,048
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr Khatru 130,451
Mayor West Sunday Campaining Respect the Sabbath 6 hr yep 15
union 7 hr curious 7
betty mills 7 hr town girl 1
•••
•••
•••