'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
68,261 - 68,280 of 146,307 Comments Last updated 17 min ago
OBAMIES ZOMBIES

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
Good Night AMERICANS!
Think about this...if your mother needs help, and you can't be there...who do you think WILL?
If your Father needs help, if you son, daughter, aunt, uncle, family need help and you can't be there...who will help?
Your fellow American!
Pleasant dreams Ari...!!!!!
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Please sign the petition to keep Obama and his family safe by making the White House a gun-free zone [UPDATE: Threshold crossed]

Eliminate armed guards for the President, Vice-President, and their families, and establish Gun Free Zones around them

Gun Free Zones are supposed to protect our children, and some politicians wish to strip us of our right to keep and bear arms. Those same politicians and their families are currently under the protection of armed Secret Service agents. If Gun Free Zones are sufficient protection for our children, then Gun Free Zones should be good enough for politicians.

If having a gun in your home increases your risk of getting shot, how can we allow our president and his family to be surrounded by dozens of them? """Think of the children.""" ...

Sign the petition. Do it now. Every second you wait puts the leader of the free world at risk.

If not, why not? You first, Touré.

No? Okay then, I’ll get things started with a hypothetical counterargument to this self-evidently sensible request:...

http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/16/please-sign...

;~)
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

HAGEL ON BOARD OF SOROS GROUP PUSHING 'NUKE-FREE WORLD'
Radical-left organization wants massive slashes in defense spending

Former Sen. Chuck Hagel, President Obama’s nominee for defense secretary, serves on the board of a George Soros-funded group that advocates a nuclear-free world.

The Ploughshares Fund has a long history of anti-war advocacy and is a partner of the Marxist-oriented Institute for Policy Studies, which has urged the defunding of the Pentagon and massive decreases in U.S. defense capabilities, including slashing the American nuclear arsenal to 292 deployed weapons.

Occupy, MoveOn, Soros

A primary Ploughshares donor is the Tides Foundation, a money tunnel in which leftist donors provide funds to finance other radical groups. Tides is itself funded by Soros.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/hagel-on-board-of-...

steadfast - 2 hours ago

Hagen shouldn't be allowed to run a pinko lemon aid stand, let alone our Pentagon. But then again Leon Penneta IS a CARD CARRYING COMMUNIST himself and he lead the Pentagon and nothing....er DADT was canceled, moral dumped, worst year in Afghanistan, never mind.
God Bless
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

worse wrote:
<quoted text>
Collins:
militia [m&#618;&#712;l&#6 18;&#643;&#601;]
n
1.(Military) a body of citizen (as opposed to professional) soldiers
2.(Military) an organization containing men enlisted for service in emergency only
[from Latin: soldiery, from m&#299;les soldier]
American Heritage
mi·li·tia (m-lsh)
n.
1. An army composed of ordinary citizens rather than professional soldiers.
2. A military force that is not part of a regular army and is subject to call for service in an emergency.
3. The whole body of physically fit civilians eligible by law for military service.
Try again. And less nitpicking, we all know what a militia is: 1. in definition, 2. what it should be ideally, and 3. what they reallr are here in the states.
DICK ACT of 1902 ... CAN'T BE REPEALED (GUN CONTROL FORBIDDEN) The Trump Card Enacted by the Congress Further Asserting the Second Amendment as Untouchable

The Dick Act of 1902 also known as the Efficiency of Militia Bill H.R. 11654, of June 28, 1902 invalidates all so-called gun-control laws. It also divides the militia into three distinct and separate entities. The three classes H.R. 11654 provides for are the organized militia, henceforth known as the National Guard of the State, Territory and District of Columbia , the unorganized militia and the regular army. The militia encompasses every able-bodied male between the ages of 18 and 45. All members of the unorganized militia have the absolute personal right and 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms of any type, and as many as they can afford to buy.

The Dick Act of 1902 cannot be repealed; to do so would violate bills of attainder and ex post facto laws which would be yet another gross violation of the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Charles Hughes of the American Bar Association (ABA) made a speech which is contained in the Appendix to Congressional Record, House, September 10, 1917, pages 6836-6840 which states:

"The militia, within the meaning of these provisions of the Constitution is distinct from the Army of the United States."

In these pages we also find a statement made by Daniel Webster, "that the great principle of the Constitution on that subject is that the militia is the militia of the States and of the General Government; and thus being the militia of the States, there is no part of the Constitution worded with greater care and with more scrupulous jealousy than that which grants and limits the power of Congress over it."

http://www.webenews.com/dick_act_of_1902.htm
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

No Shame !!!~> Obama plans to surround himself with children during gun control announcement ~> Video

Hitler and Children Obersalzberg Aug 13. 1935 ~> Remind you of something ???

http://barracudabrigade.blogspot.com/2013/01/...
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Beyond creepy and very Hitleresque-Mao like – Pro Obama ad with kids singing like robots about how Mitt Romney wants to let people ‘just die’(Video)

http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/2012/10/27/...
Hellbilly

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

OBOMANATION means what?
XYZDFR

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say not a "formal member", yet I stand ready for the call.
If my neighbors were to be attacked, I will respond. If my town is attacked I will respond, etc. My country wronged my ancestors...Irish and Blackfoot, yet it has treated me and mine just fine! Wee are ALL AMERICANS! Red, Yellow, White, Brown, all I see is American. When I see a fellow American in need of help I do not consider race, political party, I just help!
I still say yes Ma'am, and Yes Sir to my elders...do you consider race first? If you do, I am sad for you.
No matter your "Race", "Heritage", or "politics" We The People are America!
One problem with this posts, I visited a quite number of threads, i see our racist Whites , give bad name to other non racist Whites, but these our racist Whites bashed people of color, i don't think they very be sympathetic to to you cause. You living in la la la land! Waje up
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

47 STATES REVOLT AGAINST OBAMA GUN CONTROL
Fed-up Americans:'We're not going to accept this. We're against it'

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/47-states-revolt-a...
well well well my my

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Didn't he parade one kid around like a circus chimp when he signed Obamacrap into law claiming the kids mom died because she couldn't afford the proper medical help? Then is was found out that his mom was NEVER turned down for any medical help and charities paid her medical bills. Just another day in Washington. Obama business as usual.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, THE MENTALLY ILL DO
Ann Coulter: Crazies need to be committed, not given civil-rights protection

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/guns-dont-kill-peo...

*_*
whut whut

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

XYZDFR wrote:
<quoted text>One problem with this posts, I visited a quite number of threads, i see our racist Whites , give bad name to other non racist Whites, but these our racist Whites bashed people of color, i don't think they very be sympathetic to to you cause. You living in la la la land! Waje up
Please come back and visit us when you learn the English language. A box of free government cheese compliments of Moosechelle to the first democrat that can crack this code. lol
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

RUSSIAN MEDIA EXPOSE OBAMA BIRTH 'FORGERY'
But American news agencies still absent on presidential scandal

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2012/03/russian-media-expo...

Steve 10 months ago
I love this topic. It gets the Obats underware in a twist.
Now let me define an Obot.
If your primary religion is global warming. You could be an Obot
If you believe the United States is an evil empire. You could be an Obot.
If you believe Marxism is best for this country. You could be an Obot.
If only card in your hand is the race card. You could be an Obot.
If you get all your news from CNN and MSNBC. Yap.
If you have never taken a logic course. Good chance.
If you believe the National debt is a good thing. Yes
If you believe the flag of the United States is offensive. Im afraid so
If you have an unmaketable masters degree. Very possible
If you belive the Constitution is out dated. Sure you are.
If you believe this country has moved forward in the past 3 years. You'r delusional
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

well well well my my wrote:
Didn't he parade one kid around like a circus chimp when he signed Obamacrap into law claiming the kids mom died because she couldn't afford the proper medical help? Then is was found out that his mom was NEVER turned down for any medical help and charities paid her medical bills. Just another day in Washington. Obama business as usual.
Yes he did ...
Yes it is ...
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Merle Haggard -- The Fightin' Side Of Me
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Mama Tried

MERLE HAGGARD - Old Man From The Mountain

G'Night ... <3
Alley Oops

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Deception "stop listen whats going round . Do nothing sheeps . I think it will all be over soon ,the day has come we the people are in the way . Now is God ,guns country gone some say gone awhile .idunno ?
iava org

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

whut whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Please come back and visit us when you learn the English language. A box of free government cheese compliments of Moosechelle to the first democrat that can crack this code. lol
Propaganda is to democracy what violence is to dictatorship.

Ignorant masses who have to be marginalized for their own good.

In the twentieth century it was the Liberal Progressive Era that benefited most Americans.

The New Deal, The Fair Deal, The GI Bill, and the Great Society.

That’s American history Ya Bush Dope Ya!

Where were you educated?

The school of Rush "From Drugs" Lying Corporatist Limbaugh?

“Fox News Makes You Stupid”
iava org

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Examples of the president's signing statements
Since taking office in 2001, President Bush has issued signing statements on more than 750 new laws, declaring that he has the power to set aside the laws when they conflict with his legal interpretation of the Constitution. The federal government is instructed to follow the statements when it enforces the laws. Here are 10 examples and the dates Bush signed them:

March 9: Justice Department officials must give reports to Congress by certain dates on how the FBI is using the USA Patriot Act to search homes and secretly seize papers.
Bush's signing statement: The president can order Justice Department officials to withhold any information from Congress if he decides it could impair national security or executive branch operations.

Dec. 30, 2005: US interrogators cannot torture prisoners or otherwise subject them to cruel, inhuman, and degrading treatment.
Bush's signing statement: The president, as commander in chief, can waive the torture ban if he decides that harsh interrogation techniques will assist in preventing terrorist attacks.

Dec. 30: When requested, scientific information ''prepared by government researchers and scientists shall be transmitted [to Congress] uncensored and without delay."
Bush's signing statement: The president can tell researchers to withhold any information from Congress if he decides its disclosure could impair foreign relations, national security, or the workings of the executive branch.

Aug. 8: The Department of Energy, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission and its contractors may not fire or otherwise punish an employee whistle-blower who tells Congress about possible wrongdoing.
Bush's signing statement: The president or his appointees will determine whether employees of the Department of Energy and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission can give information to Congress.

iava org

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Dec. 23, 2004: Forbids US troops in Colombia from participating in any combat against rebels, except in cases of self-defense. Caps the number of US troops allowed in Colombia at 800.
Bush's signing statement: Only the president, as commander in chief, can place restrictions on the use of US armed forces, so the executive branch will construe the law ''as advisory in nature."

Dec. 17: The new national intelligence director shall recruit and train women and minorities to be spies, analysts, and translators in order to ensure diversity in the intelligence community.
Bush's signing statement: The executive branch shall construe the law in a manner consistent with a constitutional clause guaranteeing ''equal protection" for all.(In 2003, the Bush administration argued against race-conscious affirmative-action programs in a Supreme Court case. The court rejected Bush's view.)

Oct. 29: Defense Department personnel are prohibited from interfering with the ability of military lawyers to give independent legal advice to their commanders.
Bush's signing statement: All military attorneys are bound to follow legal conclusions reached by the administration's lawyers in the Justice Department and the Pentagon when giving advice to their commanders.

Aug. 5: The military cannot add to its files any illegally gathered intelligence, including information obtained about Americans in violation of the Fourth Amendment's protection against unreasonable searches.
Bush's signing statement: Only the president, as commander in chief, can tell the military whether or not it can use any specific piece of intelligence.

Nov. 6, 2003: US officials in Iraq cannot prevent an inspector general for the Coalition Provisional Authority from carrying out any investigation. The inspector general must tell Congress if officials refuse to cooperate with his inquiries.
Bush's signing statement: The inspector general ''shall refrain" from investigating anything involving sensitive plans, intelligence, national security, or anything already being investigated by the Pentagon. The inspector cannot tell Congress anything if the president decides that disclosing the information would impair foreign relations, national security, or executive branch operations.

Nov. 5, 2002: Creates an Institute of Education Sciences whose director may conduct and publish research ''without the approval of the secretary [of education] or any other office of the department."
Bush's signing statement: The president has the power to control the actions of all executive branch officials, so ''the director of the Institute of Education Sciences shall [be] subject to the supervision and direction of the secretary of education."

TWA

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

iava org wrote:
<quoted text>
Propaganda is to democracy what violence is to dictatorship.
Ignorant masses who have to be marginalized for their own good.
In the twentieth century it was the Liberal Progressive Era that benefited most Americans.
The New Deal, The Fair Deal, The GI Bill, and the Great Society.
That’s American history Ya Bush Dope Ya!
Where were you educated?
The school of Rush "From Drugs" Lying Corporatist Limbaugh?
“Fox News Makes You Stupid”
every bill mentioned here has added a trillion dollars of debt how do you figure we benefited from them dumbchit

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

63 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Beckoning Frontiers 5 min Jack 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 28 min get real 128,685
SEC Network 33 min Hopeful 5
New "Dollar Daze" Store in Barbourville 1 hr ok yeah 36
Step Chid after divorce 2 hr stephanie 4
Stivers Center fixes 3 hr houses 52
i miss my amy 3 hr sarah 2
•••
•••