'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
67,301 - 67,320 of 147,381 Comments Last updated 10 min ago
Alley Oops

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Alley Oops wrote:
liberals are behind mass killings wake up American . Criminials running our government ,keep your family safe liberal are out for mass murder chilren wants us all to be victums .topush agenda to control and taX US TO BREAKING POINT WERE WE CANT BUY FOOD OR GAS .WRECKING A NATION lie spewers .defund liberals I am a democrat these liberal are evil .
repost
worse

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

DMVB wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not comment back to me on something I have already been over, as I do not like to duplicate. That being the voter id laws, points, in that blog.
Thats just it. no fraud when obama won. ill wait this one out. Surely if the reps can prove it, they will. but they wont.
OBAMIES ZOMBIES

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>Repubs have put more gun ban laws in place than Dems have.
It was President George Bush, Sr. who banned the import of "assault weapons" in 1989, and promoted the view that Americans should only be allowed to own weapons suitable for "sporting purposes."
It was Governor Ronald Reagan of California who signed the Mulford Act in 1967, "prohibiting the carrying of firearms on one's person or in a vehicle, in any public place or on any public street."
Twenty-four years later, Reagan was still pushing gun control. "I support the Brady Bill," he said in a March 28, 1991 speech, "and I urge the Congress to enact it without further delay."
One of the most aggressive gun control advocates today is Republican mayor Rudolph Giuliani of New York City, whose administration sued 26 gun manufacturers in June 2000, and whose police commissioner, Howard Safir, proposed a nationwide plan for gun licensing, complete with yearly "safety" inspections.
Another Republican, New York State Governor George Pataki, on August 10, 2000, signed into law what The New York Times called "the nationís strictest gun controls," a radical program mandating trigger locks, background checks at gun shows and "ballistic fingerprinting" of guns sold in the state. It also raised the legal age to buy a handgun to 21 and banned "assault weapons," the sale or possession of which would now be punishable by seven years in prison.
Is that law same for gang bangers and lunatics?
worse

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

DMVB wrote:
<quoted text>
What better way to learn about things, if not on the internet, where news is readily available, by the click on a link? A discerning mind wants to know. You click or turn on your TV, don't you? Do you believe everything that comes out of all talking heads, or are there some that you just don't trust? That's where judgement comes in handy.
Because your sources are conservatives running with whatever ghost story is being handed to them.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/ballot/2012fra...

you were saying?
lol

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

DMVB wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that in the law from 94-04? That ban has been lifted. The Assault Weapons Ban, I believe. Can't really tell, since you nit picked what you wanted, but didn't provide the link.
Wasn't the assault weapon ban law when Columbine took place? Did those crazy murderers use assault weapons? How did the ban stop one of the worst crimes ever? Oh yeah...that must have been way back when and we all know that criminals obey the laws of our land now, so no worries, right? Isn't Biden just one of the most intelligent mental giants of all time? Damn, with him calling the shots we will never have to worry, will we? lol Crazy Joe and Senile Harry and Nutsy Peloosie running our country...what could go wrong???
worse

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

here in the real world wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh come on! After the ACORN fraud and the Obama administration STILL shoveling free tax dollars to them did you really believe Obama's re-election would be on the up and up? Too funny!
What is funnier? All of these conspiracy theories that a 12 year old could debunk using the sasme internet that feeds you guys your bs stories. Your just mad that Romney spent over a billion and still got spanked.
lol

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

ANTH0NY75 wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality = Racist Republican Christians are the greatest threat to the United States.
Day-um...paranoid much? You've stumbled off the edge again, Tony Baloney Boy. Take one of your little purple pills, go to bed and post us in the morning. lmao

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Alley Oops wrote:
liberals are behind mass killings wake up American . Criminials running our government ,keep your family safe liberal are out for mass murder chilren wants us all to be victums .topush agenda to control and taX US TO BREAKING POINT WERE WE CANT BUY FOOD OR GAS .WRECKING A NATION lie spewers .defund liberals I am a democrat these liberal are evil .
Hello World :)
Thought I would join in ...
==========
The Massive Human and Moral Cost of Gun Violence

Vaccines Cause Autism wrote:
<quoted text> And guns don't kill people, right bozo?
==========
Al said:
NOT without a "mental midget" holding it, OR being the CAUSE of it!
Firearms OWNERS should be MORE responsible in keeping them hidden from children, so they will not find them, to accidentally shoot themselves. There again, it goes back to the "mentality" of the owner! Mental issues are WHAT need to BE looked at, is my opinion.

If a parent can't be more responsible, and KEEP the guns out of "THEIR OWN CHILD'S HANDS" and that HAPPENS, it will be SAD! But we can NOT "police" the WHOLE Country, without taking away the LAW ABIDING citizens RIGHTS! There's NO NEED TO!

IF we did, then the LAC(Law Abiding Citizen) would NOT have ANY protection from the CRIMINAL ELEMENT that has taken over parts of OUR Country!

Look at Chicago! THAT is a GREAT starting point! There is NO way to get rid of ALL the guns in our Society! Criminals will have them when orderly citizens do not.

How can you do that and GIVE the "criminal" free reign !!!

Not gonna happen folks. If you try to do it, there will be war, I'm afraid, and SAD to say.

http://www.topix.com/forum/us/TO0D58U05N8NB6E...

Need I say more, or is everyone AFRAID to listen to a:

You are a 50 year old typing like a 20 year old thinking like a 12 year old ... said the "moronic dwIdioT by the name of "worse" ...!!! ;0)

Cause I'm just "dumber than a BOX of rocks!" ... aren't I?
No ONE ever pays ANY attention to lil old ladies, do they???

Well ... let me just TELL you something ... I just stopped in at the local bar ... you know, every neighborhood has them, don't they ... Hadn't EVER frequented it, since alcohol became WET here, in the last 3 or 4 years, maybe longer! But just stopped in to see what "condition" my CONDITION was in, and lo & behold, by MYSELF! Didn't take long for some VERY young, good looking men, to come UP & WANT a "piece of ME!

But NO ... I'm just "too DAMN old" to KNOW anything and so DAMN "washed OUT" I ain't WORTH Diddly SQUAT anymore! ;0)

See ya ...
Wouldn't WANT to be ya!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't see the harm?
Tell me what you think would have/ could have happened if this mother was not armed?
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
Perhaps if I post in all caps or with inappropriate quotation marks you will get my drift? Let's try it.

I

DO

"NOT"

BELIEVE

"IN"

A

GUN

BAN.

I "DO" NOT BELIEVE THAT "WOMAN" SHOULD "NOT" HAVE BEEN ARMED.

(Are you following?)

IT

"IS"

MY OPINION

"THAT" ASSAULT RIFLES

"AND"

HIGH CAPACITY AMMUNITION "MAGAZINES"

SHOULD

"BE"

BANNED.

(How we doing, you still with me?)

THE MOTHER YOU ARE REFERRING TO USED A .38 TO PROTECT HER CHILD FROM AN INTRUDER.

AN

ASSAULT WEAPON

WAS

NOT

NEEDED.

Now, try to understand, I am NOT saying this is all that needs to be done. I'm in agreeance w/ the mental health issue and background checks as well.

BACKGROUND "CHECKS"

"AND" MENTAL HEALTH SCREENINGS

SHOULD

"BE"

VIGOROUS.

ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING SHOULD BE DONE TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF OUR CHILDREN.

"ANYTHING"

'AND'

"EVERYTHING"

I hope this clear things up. Though I'm sure it won't.

Since: Dec 11

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>Repubs have put more gun ban laws in place than Dems have.
It was President George Bush, Sr. who banned the import of "assault weapons" in 1989, and promoted the view that Americans should only be allowed to own weapons suitable for "sporting purposes."
It was Governor Ronald Reagan of California who signed the Mulford Act in 1967, "prohibiting the carrying of firearms on one's person or in a vehicle, in any public place or on any public street."
Twenty-four years later, Reagan was still pushing gun control. "I support the Brady Bill," he said in a March 28, 1991 speech, "and I urge the Congress to enact it without further delay."
One of the most aggressive gun control advocates today is Republican mayor Rudolph Giuliani of New York City, whose administration sued 26 gun manufacturers in June 2000, and whose police commissioner, Howard Safir, proposed a nationwide plan for gun licensing, complete with yearly "safety" inspections.
Another Republican, New York State Governor George Pataki, on August 10, 2000, signed into law what The New York Times called "the nationís strictest gun controls," a radical program mandating trigger locks, background checks at gun shows and "ballistic fingerprinting" of guns sold in the state. It also raised the legal age to buy a handgun to 21 and banned "assault weapons," the sale or possession of which would now be punishable by seven years in prison.
Lets see that was 101st Congress
U.S. Senate 55(D) to 45 (R)
House 251(D) to 183(R)

Democratic majority
Majority Leader: Tom Foley, until June 6, 1989 Dick Gephardt, from June 6, 1989

Majority Whip: Tony Coelho, until June 15, 1989 William H. Gray, from June 15, 1989

Caucus Chairman: William H. Gray, until June 15, 1989 Steny Hoyer, from June 15, 1989

...and Republicans did what? You are either an imbecile or a complete and total LIAR!
Who is the Legislative branch? Who makes the laws?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps if I post in all caps or with inappropriate quotation marks you will get my drift? Let's try it.
I
DO
"NOT"
BELIEVE
"IN"
A
GUN
BAN.
(Are you following?)
IT
"IS"
MY OPINION
"THAT" ASSAULT RIFLES
"AND"
SHOULD
"BE"
BANNED.
THE MOTHER YOU ARE REFERRING TO USED A .38 TO PROTECT HER CHILD FROM AN INTRUDER.
AN
ASSAULT WEAPON
WAS
NOT
NEEDED.
Now, try to understand, I am NOT saying this is all that needs to be done. I'm in agreeance w/ the mental health issue and background checks as well.
BACKGROUND "CHECKS"
SHOULD
"BE"
VIGOROUS.
"ANYTHING"
'AND'
"EVERYTHING"
So place her in Los Angeles, new Orleans, New York City...and say instead of one attacker there are 10, 20, 40, or more now High Capacity Magazines in semi auto rifles become a "GAME CHANGER" in her favor! See my point? Remember any weapon is an "assault" weapon! I have a GOD GIVEN RIGHT to protect and defend my family from ANY NUMBER of attackers. In times of riot, natural disaster thugs will band together to loot and take what they want!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
I
DO
"NOT"
BELIEVE
"IN"
A
GUN
BAN.
(Are you following?)
IT
"IS"
MY OPINION
"THAT" ASSAULT RIFLES
"AND"
SHOULD
"BE"
BANNED.
AN
ASSAULT WEAPON
WAS
NOT
NEEDED.
BACKGROUND "CHECKS"
SHOULD
"BE"
VIGOROUS.
"ANYTHING"
'AND'
"EVERYTHING"
There's no WAY in hell ... To protect our children from dying By taking our GUN Rights away! No matter what brand! There's too many out there!

Then only CRIMINAL would have those type of GUNS !!!

Bang Bang

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

ANTH0NY75 wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn You Are PARANOID and Scared. It sounds like your life really sucks. You can't afford gas or food. Perhaps you should buy food and gas when you get your Tax Refund back from the irs because you don't make enough to not get a refund if you can't afford basics like food or gas. Your refusal to accept reality probably has a lot to do with why your life sucks so bad. Welcome to 2013....
Alley Oops wrote:'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m.(Eastern time).

Full story:(Sep 23, 2010)

Dam it! looks like another SERVER GLITCH!
becareful folks, someone may have hacked it...or it's just another case of Garbage in Garbage Out!

liberals are behind mass killings wake up American . Criminials running our government ,keep your family safe liberal are out for mass murder chilren wants us all to be victums .topush agenda to basics like food or gas. Your refusal to accept reality probably has a lot to do with why your life sucks so bad. Welcome to 2013....

Goodnight ya'll!
lol

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
I
DO
"NOT"
BELIEVE
"IN"
A
GUN
BAN.
(Are you following?)
IT
"IS"
MY OPINION
"THAT" ASSAULT RIFLES
"AND"
SHOULD
"BE"
BANNED.
AN
ASSAULT WEAPON
WAS
NOT
NEEDED.
BACKGROUND "CHECKS"
SHOULD
"BE"
VIGOROUS.
"ANYTHING"
'AND'
"EVERYTHING"
You stopped short. WHAT ABOUT ARMED GUARDS AT SCHOOL FOR OUR CHILDREN...THE SAME LUXURY THE OBAMA'S ENJOY EVERY DAY OF THEIR LIVES? Didn't Obama just secure security for him and his kids for life, via a law?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
I
DO
"NOT"
BELIEVE
"IN"
A
GUN
BAN.
(Are you following?)
IT
"IS"
MY OPINION
"THAT" ASSAULT RIFLES
"AND"
SHOULD
"BE"
BANNED.
AN
ASSAULT WEAPON
WAS
NOT
NEEDED.
BACKGROUND "CHECKS"
SHOULD
"BE"
VIGOROUS.
"ANYTHING"
'AND'
"EVERYTHING"
NAPOLITANO: The right to shoot tyrants, not deer
The Second Amendment is the guarantee of freedom

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/...

Kentucky sheriff on gun grab: Not in my county

Jackson County Kentucky Sheriff Denny Peyman is making it clear that no law that violates the Constitution will be upheld in his county.

http://times247.com/articles/ky-sheriff-to-ob...
yea

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

I don't no!!
here in the real world

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

worse wrote:
<quoted text>
What is funnier? All of these conspiracy theories that a 12 year old could debunk using the sasme internet that feeds you guys your bs stories. Your just mad that Romney spent over a billion and still got spanked.
You say that as if you think Obama winning was somehow a "good thing". Bet your kids will remember it in a totally different way. You speak as if Obama can do no wrong and republicans can't do anything right. That goes beyond a conspiracy theory. That's total denial of reality. Your brain just can't handle the absolute truth. We get it. The old saying goes that things will get worse before they get better. Obama's second term is living proof that the old saying is true. Your team is entering the "uh oh shit" phase. Obama can no longer blame Bush. Obama's last 4 years is responsible for the coming 4 years. It's not looking too good, is it? lol Obama can't pull the race card any more for the terrible mess he created. How can the majority of Americans be racist if they re-elected him? So that overused excuse is off the table. You really don't have much to counter with other than trying to convince everyone that the other side bases every thing on conspiracy theories. Isn't that exactly what you are doing when you constantly refuse to live in reality? You accuse every one of lying and trying to make Obama look bad. Newsflash sweetie...Obama is doing a hell of a job proving that on his own. Romney got spanked, huh? Obama winning beat America down. Why aren't you bragging about that? Isn't that what you progressive crazies want...America enslaved by debt? The United States of Venezuela? Newsflash...it will never happen so gloat and brag while you can about your part in what is happening in our country. Your damage will be undone. That's how Americans roll!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
So place her in Los Angeles, new Orleans, New York City...and say instead of one attacker there are 10, 20, 40, or more now High Capacity Magazines in semi auto rifles become a "GAME CHANGER" in her favor! See my point? Remember any weapon is an "assault" weapon! I have a GOD GIVEN RIGHT to protect and defend my family from ANY NUMBER of attackers. In times of riot, natural disaster thugs will band together to loot and take what they want!
No, I honestly do not see your point. When is the last time you witnessed 10, 20, 40 people attack someone with an assault rifle?

Within the States, I've lived in NYC and Newark NJ (also Fayetteville NC/ Beaufort NC) and I've never seen that happen. Or anything remotely close.
yea

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

I'm not going down this road again, I won't hurt anyone ever again. I never tried to.
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Ari, I could not get your link to work re: the mom who shot the intruder.

Was this it?

Chilling 911 Call Of Woman Shooting Home Invader

http://www.westernjournalism.com/chilling-911...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

93 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Teresa Johnson and Rex 7 min Lol 7
Our guys.... not the best guy 40 min plain facts 14
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 59 min Anne52 81,567
Where's Jason cranes 1 hr Jail bird 19
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr El Hijo de curiosidad 129,058
GRUBB TRUCKING NEW Post 2 hr freddy 8
Barbourville online and Windstream 3 hr crazyjimbo 21
john sowders 4 hr she will 15
New club in Barbourville? 11 hr Bville resident 20
Who will barbourvilles NEW police chief 16 hr I think 23
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••