'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
67,081 - 67,100 of 146,967 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
wrong again

Mason, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

The Second Amendment was adopted into the U.S. Constitution Bill of Rights on June 15, 1790. The arms available to people back then were bayonets, swords and single-shot muzzle-loading muskets. Today, it seems unlikely that our government would look favorably upon my owning my own nuclear warhead, Sarin gas bomb or other weapon of mass destruction. Yet, according to the Second Amendment, that could be my right to bear arms. so you see in the 2nd amendment automatic weapons, nope. who needs them, who needs any weapons of mass destruction, no one, only those who may need to save America some day, such as our military. Read the amendment yourself and you will see they had no automatic weapons when that was written.
dems are retards

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

ANTH0NY75 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's YOUR life that sucks. My life has improved since 2008. Republicans are the paranoid ones whining on the internet. You're still standing at the station wondering why the world passed you by. Waste another 4 years crying about it... The republican't party is history. You Lost. Get over it. Wake up or get left behind. Now quote this and deny reality , change the subject ,call me a made up name and then blame obama for something.
Your debate strategy bores me.
going from living in homeless shelters to your own tent is not much to brag about, but I guess in your case it is an improvement
dems are retards

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

wrong again wrote:
<quoted text>The Second Amendment was adopted into the U.S. Constitution Bill of Rights on June 15, 1790. The arms available to people back then were bayonets, swords and single-shot muzzle-loading muskets. Today, it seems unlikely that our government would look favorably upon my owning my own nuclear warhead, Sarin gas bomb or other weapon of mass destruction. Yet, according to the Second Amendment, that could be my right to bear arms.
warheads are is not 'bearing arms' retard, and the citizenry then had the exact same weaponry as the Constitutional Army, retard,
GhostofRaygun

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

dems are retards wrote:
<quoted text>
ROTFL, and your point is???? LOL,
you libotard don't know the differnce between a semi-auto and an automatic, but you sure know how to cut and paste,
BAAAAAAAAA, LOLOL,
You are still typing about guns when 15 minutes ago you just made a fool out of yourself about guns.
wrong again

Mason, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>You are still typing about guns when 15 minutes ago you just made a fool out of yourself about guns.
The official birthday. March 29, 1911. After the most exhaustive test regimen in history, including subjecting the pistol to war-environment abuse and firing 6,000 rounds through it without a single jam or failure, the U.S. Army adopted the Automatic Pistol, Caliber .45, Model of 1911 as its official sidearm. The Navy and Marines quickly followed. Increased production capacity was set up at the government’s Springfield Armory to meet the demand.

We’ve called that pistol the 1911 ever since. Colt simply calls it the O-frame. It has earned many more names over the years, some less than flattering. Some call it the .45 automatic, though this name is more accurately applied to the Thompson submachine gun, which John T. Thompson of the aforementioned Army Ordnance Board was quick to design around Browning’s .45 ACP cartridge. The full-automatic Thompson was first publicly demonstrated in 1920, was an immediately hit, and was widely used by American civilians, the Irish Republican Army, the U.S. Post Office, the U.S. Marines and the FBI, who issued Thompsons to their field offices until 1974.
wrong again

Mason, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>You are still typing about guns when 15 minutes ago you just made a fool out of yourself about guns.
If only you knew.
wrong again

Mason, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

The official birthday. March 29, 1911. After the most exhaustive test regimen in history, including subjecting the pistol to war-environment abuse and firing 6,000 rounds through it without a single jam or failure, the U.S. Army adopted the Automatic Pistol, Caliber .45, Model of 1911 as its official sidearm. The Navy and Marines quickly followed. Increased production capacity was set up at the government’s Springfield Armory to meet the demand.

We’ve called that pistol the 1911 ever since. Colt simply calls it the O-frame. It has earned many more names over the years, some less than flattering. Some call it the .45 automatic, though this name is more accurately applied to the Thompson submachine gun, which John T. Thompson of the aforementioned Army Ordnance Board was quick to design around Browning’s .45 ACP cartridge. The full-automatic Thompson was first publicly demonstrated in 1920, was an immediately hit, and was widely used by American civilians, the Irish Republican Army, the U.S. Post Office, the U.S. Marines and the FBI, who issued Thompsons to their field offices until 1974.
dems are retards wrote:
<quoted text>
how about a relevant history lesson on the SKS and the Colt 45, I'm just curious,

Since: Dec 11

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

wrong again wrote:
<quoted text>The AK-47 is a selective-fire, gas-operated 7.62×39mm assault rifle, first developed in the USSR by Mikhail Kalashnikov. It is officially known as Avtomat Kalashnikova (Russian: &#1040;&#1074;&#10 90;&#1086;&#1084;& #1072;&#1090; &#1050;&#1072;&#10 83;&#1072;&#1096;& #1085;&#1080;&#1082; &#1086;&#1074;&#10 72;). It is also known as a Kalashnikov, an "AK", or in Russian slang, Kalash.
Design work on the AK-47 began in the last year of World War II (1945). After the war in 1946, the AK-46 was presented for official military trials. In 1947 the fixed-stock version was introduced into active service with selected units of the Soviet Army. An early development of the design was the AKS (S—Skladnoy or "folding"), which was equipped with an underfolding metal shoulder stock. In 1949, the AK-47 was officially accepted by the Soviet Armed Forces and used by the majority of the member states of the Warsaw Pact.
The original AK-47 was one of the first true "assault rifles" to be manufactured, after the original Sturmgewehr 44.[8][9] Even after six decades the model and its variants remain the most widely used and popular assault rifles in the world because of their durability, low production cost, and ease of use. It has been manufactured in many countries and has seen service with armed forces as well as irregular forces worldwide. The AK-47 was the basis for developing many other types of individual and crew-served firearms. More AK-type rifles have been produced than all other assault rifles combined. Learn the facts, please
To legally own a fully auto Ak-47 you must have an FFL...how many do you think are issued each year?

BTW The "Well regulated militia" mentioned in the 2nd amendment is made of "WE THE PEOPLE" with our own privately owned firearms; therefore, any weapon possessed by armed forces and or law enforcement is also to be available to we the people.
Also just exactly what part of "shall not be infringed" do you fail to comprehend?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Check my avatar.
1911 .45 ACP with copper jacketed 230 grain Winchester Hollow Points.

CCDW, Google that!
TWA

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

i love theseleft wingwhackadodles they will tel yu how the supreme court has ruled on abortion and its the law of the land, the ame suprem court has ruled on the gun issue 3000 times,but the leftwingwhackadoodles bring it up everytime they decide they need to take another right from the hard working amertican people, the very ones they claim to fight for, give me a break, im tired of their bullshit
well

Mason, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
To legally own a fully auto Ak-47 you must have an FFL...how many do you think are issued each year?
BTW The "Well regulated militia" mentioned in the 2nd amendment is made of "WE THE PEOPLE" with our own privately owned firearms; therefore, any weapon possessed by armed forces and or law enforcement is also to be available to we the people.
Also just exactly what part of "shall not be infringed" do you fail to comprehend?
I doubt in the 1700's they saw this coming. The massacres, etc..they would change their tune. They were probably talking mostly about shooting their game for food with rifles.
TWA

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

i doubt in the 1700s if the framers had thought democrats would become stoopid enuff to electr a non american kenyan they would written a lot of things differently, the massacres are a direct result of the leftwingwhackadoodle teachings

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

TWA wrote:
i love theseleft wingwhackadodles they will tel yu how the supreme court has ruled on abortion and its the law of the land, the ame suprem court has ruled on the gun issue 3000 times,but the leftwingwhackadoodles bring it up everytime they decide they need to take another right from the hard working amertican people, the very ones they claim to fight for, give me a break, im tired of their bullshit
As am I!

https://www.youtube.com/watch...
well

Mason, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
How many FFL Licenses are currently active in each state?
A: AL-1075, AK-740, AZ-1547, AR-1172, CA-2267, CO-1379, CT-550, DE-118, FL-2161, GA-1675, HI-114, ID-924, IL-1906, IN-1335, IA-1241, KS-1010, KY-1301, LA-1132, ME-527, MD-528, MA-507, MI-2283, MN-1592, MS-880, MO-2292, MT-1154, NE-713, NV-592, NH-469, NJ-306, NM-672, NY-1768, NC-1837, ND-430, OH-2229, OK-1334, OR-1590, PA-2459, RI-96, SC-836, SD-498, TN-1381, TX-5090, UT-724, VT-356, VA-1608, WA-1090, WV-913, WI-1550, WY-604
Tyu

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Errt
GhostofRaygun

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Would you Repubs stop typing? You DO NOT have to have a FFL to get a full auto. That's like saying you have to have a medical degree to get an operation. The person SELLING a gun must have a FFL but not the person buying one. The seller must have a FFL and a Type 3 SOT or Type 2 SOT which is a special type of FFL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

well wrote:
<quoted text>I doubt in the 1700's they saw this coming. The massacres, etc..they would change their tune. They were probably talking mostly about shooting their game for food with rifles.
"Well regulated MILITIA" were not formed to HUNT.
They were however formed to protect America from any threat...foreign or domestic! You do not exempt MY God Given right to protect my own life or that of MY FAMILY based upon the actions of a lunatic/criminal. There will ALWAYS be a nut who will harm others with any means available to them. After natural disasters looters will out number Police, you gonna face 30 or forty desperate people to protect your families bottled water? Powdered milk? canned goods? with a semi auto pistol and 10 round magazine?

I would have multiple high capacity mags for my mini 14, my trusty .45, and a 9mm FS92 as my back up (in a boot holster).
TWA

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

this scab off reagans ass is lying the gun control act of 1968 signed by lyndon bird brains johnson made it illegal without the permits and licenses required
GhostofRaygun

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

TWA wrote:
this scab off reagans ass is lying the gun control act of 1968 signed by lyndon bird brains johnson made it illegal without the permits and licenses required
Licenses to sell. YES. Licenses to buy . NO. You have to complete a background check form and pay for a $200.00 stamp that goes with the gun. Been there and done all that.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

When the 'bigGovernment Solution' is collection before arrest, they will know where to go with the handcuffs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

57 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
New club in Barbourville? 6 min boozer 4
GRUBB TRUCKING NEW Post 18 min Hand Unloads 2
creekie 27 min Nancy 4
1 Blessing From God 1 hr TOASTup 11
i miss my amy 2 hr b ggggg 7
Re. Handy Mart Building? 2 hr The Man 1
Nikki Vaughn (married to Adam Vaughn) 2 hr Wow 4
•••
•••