'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
67,061 - 67,080 of 151,034 Comments Last updated 24 min ago
well

Mason, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Jay wrote:
No surprises here:
NRA Membership Explodes as Gun Grab Talk Escalates
Thursday, 10 Jan 2013
The National Rifle Association reports that its membership is rapidly swelling even as Democrats and the Obama administration gear up for a major push to enact new gun-control laws.
The NRA reports it has added more than 100,000 members in the past 18 days. Membership of the pro-Second Amendment organization now stands at 4.2 million.
http://www.newsmax.com :80/Newsfront/NRA-membership-g un-control/2013/01/10/id/47086 7?s=al&promo_code=11E29-1
“An anti-gun owner initiative considered in Washington could lead to massive civil disobedience and a severe domestic crisis,” John M. Snyder said today.
“According to confidential information,” he continued,“forces linked with the administration suggest the government classify semiautomatic firearms and multiple capacity ammunition feeding devices as Title 2 National Firearms Act items under the Gun Control Act of 1968.
“Under this scenario, semiautomatics and high capacity magazines could be acquired only with great difficulty and at great expense by America’s estimated 100 million law-abiding firearms owners.”
well

Mason, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

we need guns, not automatic weapons for looneys. He is not taking any guns but automatic weapons he does want out of the hands of lunatics and killers.
dems are retards

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sticking with my word and no no calling, as it seems only one republican is conserved about our children and I respect him for that. Seems to me politics aren't first. I'm impressed.
But let's just play out what republicans say, gun ban, civil war, Muslims take over, the US is gone. Leader if the free world, the worlds police... If this were true, why is the stock market hammering away? If we're so in debt how can there be so much money to be spent there? Anyway.. So Wall Street is making huge bank getting ready for the end if the world. When American ends, the police force of the world, who protects the rich here making billions and trillions?? They'll be the first to go. No where on the planet they can hide. You think they're gonna let anything happen in the USA?? Never happen!!
So basically common sense says that argument doesn't work.
Now any other republicans want to voice opinions about making our kids safer??
-civil war never happened,
-detroit riots never happened
-muslim in the w.h. never happened
-illegal gun running to mexican drug cartels by U.S. Atty General never happened
-sexual predator in the w.h. never happened
-sexual predator as keynote speaker at DNC never happened
-U.S. ran out of money never happened
-military sent into combat and funding withheld by demofags never happened
-freeloading low lifes in N.Orleans never rioted during a disaster
-U.S. president bowing to a saudi king never happened
-national guard troops in some states are not training for civil unrest right now
-delusionary 1 trillion $ coin to pay the debt will never happen
-worst agricultural disaster in U.S. history never happened
-practically no grain reserves never happened
-food crisis will never happen
-the reason none of this ever happened is because MSLSD never said it did,

Oh, and you passing an IQ test WILL NEVER HAPPEN,

you must be a computer with an automated response script, there is absolutly no way there is any intelligence behind that keyboard, BUSH, OH BUSH, REpubs, oh Repubs!,

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
dems are retards

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

well wrote:
we need guns, not automatic weapons for looneys. He is not taking any guns but automatic weapons he does want out of the hands of lunatics and killers.
speaking of looneys, did you know that AUTOMATIC WEAPONS HAVE BEEN ILLEGAL FOR ALMOST 100 YEARS!

what a retard,
GhostofRaygun

Russellville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
Your own ad hominem attacks and dribble (sprinkled with childish name calling) bore everyone else.
Explain the voting stats anomalies...
How can ANY candidate lose 70% to 80% of counties in a "swing state" and still win the state? Explain laws of probability whereas some precincts with 50% to 60% minority voters win 100% of registered votes?
Use the interactive maps to see my stats (especially Ohio):
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/elections/
Karl Rove and you may never get all those votes counted.
GhostofRaygun

Russellville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

dems are retards wrote:
<quoted text>
speaking of looneys, did you know that AUTOMATIC WEAPONS HAVE BEEN ILLEGAL FOR ALMOST 100 YEARS!
what a retard,
Shhhhhhhhhhhhh,,,,,,,,, If you stop typing no one will know your stupid. Fully Auto weapons are not and have not ever been illegal to purchase by anyone in the US. Those passing a back ground check and a $200.00 Tax stamp (for each) can own as many as they want. They are called Class III.
dems are retards

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

can oblamer do anything right? his campaigning skills (I mean his teleprompter skills) seem not to be working lately, mass exodus from his cabinet,

Obama Deputy Chief of Staff Nancy-Ann DeParle reportedly leaving White House

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/11/ob...
wrong again

Mason, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

dems are retards wrote:
<quoted text>
what a retard,
The AK-47 is a selective-fire, gas-operated 7.62×39mm assault rifle, first developed in the USSR by Mikhail Kalashnikov. It is officially known as Avtomat Kalashnikova (Russian: &#1040;&#1074;&#10 90;&#1086;&#1084;& #1072;&#1090; &#1050;&#1072;&#10 83;&#1072;&#1096;& #1085;&#1080;&#1082; &#1086;&#1074;&#10 72;). It is also known as a Kalashnikov, an "AK", or in Russian slang, Kalash.

Design work on the AK-47 began in the last year of World War II (1945). After the war in 1946, the AK-46 was presented for official military trials. In 1947 the fixed-stock version was introduced into active service with selected units of the Soviet Army. An early development of the design was the AKS (S—Skladnoy or "folding"), which was equipped with an underfolding metal shoulder stock. In 1949, the AK-47 was officially accepted by the Soviet Armed Forces and used by the majority of the member states of the Warsaw Pact.

The original AK-47 was one of the first true "assault rifles" to be manufactured, after the original Sturmgewehr 44.[8][9] Even after six decades the model and its variants remain the most widely used and popular assault rifles in the world because of their durability, low production cost, and ease of use. It has been manufactured in many countries and has seen service with armed forces as well as irregular forces worldwide. The AK-47 was the basis for developing many other types of individual and crew-served firearms. More AK-type rifles have been produced than all other assault rifles combined. Learn the facts, please
dems are retards

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

leave it to a libotard traitor to try to make money on a crisis,

In Connecticut, Democratic Sen. Beth Bye wants to limit access to assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, and require that firearms be registered by model and serial number, Reuters reported. Bye also wants to impose a 50 percent sales tax on ammunition and magazines.

and in N.J.,

In New Jersey, 18 new bills have been submitted to the state legislature, including one that would require gun buyers to submit to a psychological evaluation, according to the Star-Ledger.

That means no liberals will every be able to own a weapon,
dems are retards

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>Shhhhhhhhhhhhh,,,,,,,, , If you stop typing no one will know your stupid. Fully Auto weapons are not and have not ever been illegal to purchase by anyone in the US. Those passing a back ground check and a $200.00 Tax stamp (for each) can own as many as they want. They are called Class III.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh, if you stop breathing - no one will care, fully automatic weapons are not the issue here, you don't know the difference so shhhhhhhhhhh, just take a nap now,
dems are retards

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

wrong again wrote:
<quoted text>The AK-47 is a selective-fire, gas-operated 7.62×39mm assault rifle, first developed in the USSR by Mikhail Kalashnikov. It is officially known as Avtomat Kalashnikova (Russian: &#1040;&#1074;&#10 90;&#1086;&#1084;& #1072;&#1090; &#1050;&#1072;&#10 83;&#1072;&#1096;& #1085;&#1080;&#1082; &#1086;&#1074;&#10 72;). It is also known as a Kalashnikov, an "AK", or in Russian slang, Kalash.
Design work on the AK-47 began in the last year of World War II (1945). After the war in 1946, the AK-46 was presented for official military trials. In 1947 the fixed-stock version was introduced into active service with selected units of the Soviet Army. An early development of the design was the AKS (S—Skladnoy or "folding"), which was equipped with an underfolding metal shoulder stock. In 1949, the AK-47 was officially accepted by the Soviet Armed Forces and used by the majority of the member states of the Warsaw Pact.
The original AK-47 was one of the first true "assault rifles" to be manufactured, after the original Sturmgewehr 44.[8][9] Even after six decades the model and its variants remain the most widely used and popular assault rifles in the world because of their durability, low production cost, and ease of use. It has been manufactured in many countries and has seen service with armed forces as well as irregular forces worldwide. The AK-47 was the basis for developing many other types of individual and crew-served firearms. More AK-type rifles have been produced than all other assault rifles combined. Learn the facts, please
ROTFL, and your point is???? LOL,

you libotard don't know the differnce between a semi-auto and an automatic, but you sure know how to cut and paste,

BAAAAAAAAA, LOLOL,
dems are retards

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

wrong again wrote:
<quoted text>The AK-47 is a selective-fire, gas-operated 7.62×39mm assault rifle, first developed in the USSR by Mikhail Kalashnikov. It is officially known as Avtomat Kalashnikova (Russian: &#1040;&#1074;&#10 90;&#1086;&#1084;& #1072;&#1090; &#1050;&#1072;&#10 83;&#1072;&#1096;& #1085;&#1080;&#1082; &#1086;&#1074;&#10 72;). It is also known as a Kalashnikov, an "AK", or in Russian slang, Kalash.
how about a relevant history lesson on the SKS and the Colt 45, I'm just curious,
wrong again

Mason, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Jay wrote:
No surprises here:
NRA Membership Explodes as Gun Grab Talk Escalates
Thursday, 10 Jan 2013
The National Rifle Association reports that its membership is rapidly swelling even as Democrats and the Obama administration gear up for a major push to enact new gun-control laws.
The NRA reports it has added more than 100,000 members in the past 18 days. Membership of the pro-Second Amendment organization now stands at 4.2 million.
The Second Amendment was adopted into the U.S. Constitution Bill of Rights on June 15, 1790. The arms available to people back then were bayonets, swords and single-shot muzzle-loading muskets. Today, it seems unlikely that our government would look favorably upon my owning my own nuclear warhead, Sarin gas bomb or other weapon of mass destruction. Yet, according to the Second Amendment, that could be my right to bear arms.
wrong again

Mason, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

The Second Amendment was adopted into the U.S. Constitution Bill of Rights on June 15, 1790. The arms available to people back then were bayonets, swords and single-shot muzzle-loading muskets. Today, it seems unlikely that our government would look favorably upon my owning my own nuclear warhead, Sarin gas bomb or other weapon of mass destruction. Yet, according to the Second Amendment, that could be my right to bear arms. so you see in the 2nd amendment automatic weapons, nope. who needs them, who needs any weapons of mass destruction, no one, only those who may need to save America some day, such as our military. Read the amendment yourself and you will see they had no automatic weapons when that was written.
dems are retards

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

ANTH0NY75 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's YOUR life that sucks. My life has improved since 2008. Republicans are the paranoid ones whining on the internet. You're still standing at the station wondering why the world passed you by. Waste another 4 years crying about it... The republican't party is history. You Lost. Get over it. Wake up or get left behind. Now quote this and deny reality , change the subject ,call me a made up name and then blame obama for something.
Your debate strategy bores me.
going from living in homeless shelters to your own tent is not much to brag about, but I guess in your case it is an improvement
dems are retards

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

wrong again wrote:
<quoted text>The Second Amendment was adopted into the U.S. Constitution Bill of Rights on June 15, 1790. The arms available to people back then were bayonets, swords and single-shot muzzle-loading muskets. Today, it seems unlikely that our government would look favorably upon my owning my own nuclear warhead, Sarin gas bomb or other weapon of mass destruction. Yet, according to the Second Amendment, that could be my right to bear arms.
warheads are is not 'bearing arms' retard, and the citizenry then had the exact same weaponry as the Constitutional Army, retard,
GhostofRaygun

Russellville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

dems are retards wrote:
<quoted text>
ROTFL, and your point is???? LOL,
you libotard don't know the differnce between a semi-auto and an automatic, but you sure know how to cut and paste,
BAAAAAAAAA, LOLOL,
You are still typing about guns when 15 minutes ago you just made a fool out of yourself about guns.
wrong again

Mason, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>You are still typing about guns when 15 minutes ago you just made a fool out of yourself about guns.
The official birthday. March 29, 1911. After the most exhaustive test regimen in history, including subjecting the pistol to war-environment abuse and firing 6,000 rounds through it without a single jam or failure, the U.S. Army adopted the Automatic Pistol, Caliber .45, Model of 1911 as its official sidearm. The Navy and Marines quickly followed. Increased production capacity was set up at the government’s Springfield Armory to meet the demand.

We’ve called that pistol the 1911 ever since. Colt simply calls it the O-frame. It has earned many more names over the years, some less than flattering. Some call it the .45 automatic, though this name is more accurately applied to the Thompson submachine gun, which John T. Thompson of the aforementioned Army Ordnance Board was quick to design around Browning’s .45 ACP cartridge. The full-automatic Thompson was first publicly demonstrated in 1920, was an immediately hit, and was widely used by American civilians, the Irish Republican Army, the U.S. Post Office, the U.S. Marines and the FBI, who issued Thompsons to their field offices until 1974.
wrong again

Mason, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>You are still typing about guns when 15 minutes ago you just made a fool out of yourself about guns.
If only you knew.
wrong again

Mason, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

The official birthday. March 29, 1911. After the most exhaustive test regimen in history, including subjecting the pistol to war-environment abuse and firing 6,000 rounds through it without a single jam or failure, the U.S. Army adopted the Automatic Pistol, Caliber .45, Model of 1911 as its official sidearm. The Navy and Marines quickly followed. Increased production capacity was set up at the government’s Springfield Armory to meet the demand.

We’ve called that pistol the 1911 ever since. Colt simply calls it the O-frame. It has earned many more names over the years, some less than flattering. Some call it the .45 automatic, though this name is more accurately applied to the Thompson submachine gun, which John T. Thompson of the aforementioned Army Ordnance Board was quick to design around Browning’s .45 ACP cartridge. The full-automatic Thompson was first publicly demonstrated in 1920, was an immediately hit, and was widely used by American civilians, the Irish Republican Army, the U.S. Post Office, the U.S. Marines and the FBI, who issued Thompsons to their field offices until 1974.
dems are retards wrote:
<quoted text>
how about a relevant history lesson on the SKS and the Colt 45, I'm just curious,

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 6 min Tisha Cara De Palta 16,144
union 7 min abserver 8
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 14 min Another Vet 1,116
Danny Wayne Hubbard 2 hr Pretty girl rock 4
To the people cutting catalytic converters... 2 hr sculptor of minds 9
Secret Mitch McConnell Recording 2 hr Limbertwig 3
charmane 2 hr mother goose 1
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••