'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
66,981 - 67,000 of 146,423 Comments Last updated 12 min ago
Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>yep, he needs his CCP pulled.
And take his guns and out him Ina random search by law enforce my at any time. Right??

Helping you out here so you don't look like an idiot and thinking a piece of paper would stop a crazy from going to a swap meet and buying a Bushmaster and a few hundred shells and drive to the nearest school.... Is what you meant right?

Or it's crazy people who kill, not the crazy people you let buy crazy guns who kill people!??

What is it exactly!!

“"Who's happier than me?"”

Since: Oct 11

Brush mountain Ky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>the fact is, pistols can not fight against a rifle cmpany, but here is another little fact. A well trained snipper armed with a bolt action 7.92 can hold a company down for a very long time.
Crayons against High capacity magazine weapons of any sort?
Now you're comparing battle situations to?
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>He needs a 72 hour pyshc evaluation,and put on a no buy list!
How 'bout that for starters?
sounds good to me! Now how would you stop him from buying? You know laws don't mean anything!
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>No got a go with my conscience.
I'm a gun owner...I know plenty of people that own Assault weapons!
I've seen them shoot trees down!
What's the point?
Wouldn't catch me hunting with'em!
They would buy Bazookas if they could!
Why NOT?
It's a FREE Country ...
To BUY with ya "hard-earned" money ...

Have ANY of them committed "murder" ???
If not, why bother with it ???

Turn your attention to more "pressing" problems ...
Like the Trillions of $$$ Deficit ...
For starters ...
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Telling people how to think??
Pretty Hitler of you you fine republican!
Sad!
Call me Hitler then ...
BUT put on ya "dunce CAP" when ya do ...
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Long Live Chivalry

The Atlantic posted an article last week by Acculturated’s own Emily Esfahani Smith entitled “Let’s Give Chivalry Another Chance,” a reconsideration of the old-fashioned medieval ideal.

http://girlsjustwannahaveguns.com/2012/12/lon...

'tofy'...
Since I thought you are/were a gentleman ...
I guess WE are "medieval" ... ;0)
Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>the fact is, pistols can not fight against a rifle cmpany, but here is another little fact. A well trained snipper armed with a bolt action 7.92 can hold a company down for a very long time.
Ok, since you said only pistols were used which isn't true to my knowledge but I'll wait til more is know so I can make an educated decision, what kind if rifle should those children have had??

Because no matter what..... That happened and you fear freaks go on and in about something that is not going to happen and you crazy nutballs with the crazy guns are killing children!! Kids!! 1st grade!! They're worried about how to make the letter A and you people are lying about guns!

High capacity clips, gone!! Assault rifles, gone! If you take the crazy killing tools away from crazy people who want to mass murder, there will be less mass murder in the future.

And don't try to mix a robbery or a mugging with mass murder. They are very different!
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

this ones for you wrote:
Why do people that have all the freedoms extended to them worry so much about losing freedoms?
Has anyone on this thread ever had any rights taken from you?
Children were slaughtered in Newtown Connecticut!
First graders with crayons for crying out loud!
Every congressman Dem. or Rep. Should have to go and walk through that school and then Vote on Civil Minded
Gun Safety legislation.
People that demanded voter I.D. are against Universal
Background checks because?
Make some sense once in awhile please?
If You want to worry about something worry about the CHILDREN and not your own selfish interests.
You're not placing your concerns over those of the kids that can't speak to the fear they experienced
are you?
So lets shake the tree and see what NUTS fall out!
Tofy, I took your post as a universal outreach, rather you weren't addressing anyone in particular but making a point. You have good points and you are absolutely right about our children, whether they be elementary or in college. They, regardless of their ages are loved by someone.

But don't put all conservatives in one pile. I, for one, think we should have voter IDs, but certainly am not against universal background checks. I believe that everyone purchasing a weapon should have a clean background. But, like the mother of Lanza, she did have a clean background, and she should have locked her weapons up, or put them with someone who was a reliable keeper rather than to leave her son access when she knew he was not stable. How do you get people to do this? It would be almost impossible to govern everyone's home and the person's who live there. And yes, this is a major problem. You shouldn't legislate responsible people because of the few irresponsible types. There will always be irresponsible people no matter what you do. There can be all the laws on the books that you want, and it won't stop the irresponsible ones from getting their hands on anything if they are determined and/or deranged. There's always going to be someone out there that can get you what you want. Think prohibition. Think war on drugs, which has been a complete failure. How do prison inmates get their hands on drugs? The same way determined killer's will always be able to get their hands on something lethal.

Thorough background checks? Yes. I would support that wouldn't you?
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Prominent rifle manufacturer killed in mysterious car crash days after posting psych drug link to school shooters

http://girlsjustwannahaveguns.com/2013/01/pro...

What's WITH these "prominent" gun people dying "mysteriously" ...!?!
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
And take his guns and out him Ina random search by law enforce my at any time. Right??
Helping you out here so you don't look like an idiot and thinking a piece of paper would stop a crazy from going to a swap meet and buying a Bushmaster and a few hundred shells and drive to the nearest school.... Is what you meant right?
Or it's crazy people who kill, not the crazy people you let buy crazy guns who kill people!??
What is it exactly!!
what is this crap with a bushmaster, that would be the last thing I would buy to shoot up a school. The Va. Tech student still holds the record for mass killings, he used only handguns, it looks like that was all the Sandy Hook killer used, also.
I have put many rounds through a M-16 and a 9mm semi-auto handgun, jams were frequent with the M-16, not so with the handgun.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Radio Host Mike Malloy
Liberal Radio Host Calls For Mass Killing Of ‘Birthers’

http://www.conservativedailynews.com/2013/01/...
Uncle Tab

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Lets really open this debate up because it is very important. I'll break a cardinal rule here, no name calling.. I'll be cordial.(It will be seen very shortly why I talk the I talk in here, just watch)

All republicans.... What's your answer to the problem. And don't use the excuse you can't stop it so you can't fix it. You've all 'fixed' everything you say Obama has done wrong with 'your' explanation, do that here. What will stop our kids from getting killed???

It HAS to be important. It's real!!
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, since you said only pistols were used which isn't true to my knowledge but I'll wait til more is know so I can make an educated decision, what kind if rifle should those children have had??
Because no matter what..... That happened and you fear freaks go on and in about something that is not going to happen and you crazy nutballs with the crazy guns are killing children!! Kids!! 1st grade!! They're worried about how to make the letter A and you people are lying about guns!
High capacity clips, gone!! Assault rifles, gone! If you take the crazy killing tools away from crazy people who want to mass murder, there will be less mass murder in the future.
And don't try to mix a robbery or a mugging with mass murder. They are very different!
I don't fear anything! Like I have stated, if I need a military style weapon, there will be plenty laying around.
If you think the average Joe will turn his weapons in, you and the government have another think coming.
Oh, house to house searches, this is when I will start picking up my weapons, for free.
dems are retards

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

ANTH0NY75 wrote:
<quoted text>
FearMonger Much? You fools... Never run out of things to be scared of do ya? Suffer from an enlarged amygdala?
I bet Obama will round us up and take our food away too. What are we gonna do with no guns or food?! Omg! Let's Panic First and then refuse to learn when the Libtards try to teach us about the real world.
ROTFL, thats exactly why I posted that to see you libotards come back with denial, its your UN - you know the one you sodofags bow to three times a day, that is saying that, so it must not be true, unless it is true then it is not because someone else said it, LOLOLOL, great lesson to teach a student of logic - only accept it if it is a lie by one of our own,

BAAAAAAAAAAAA,
dems are retards

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Seems like I remember a book titled something like "Godless: The Religion of Liberalism",
I believe there is a typo in the media reference, I think it means "MSLSD",

O'Donnell: Let's Banish the Bible On Inauguration Day It bashes gays, but won't bash slavery, he says

MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell thinks the ritual known as Inauguration Day could get along just fine without the good book. Indeed, he doesn't think the book is so good.

http://politix.topix.com/homepage/4110-odonne...
dems are retards

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

libotards bragging about being crooks,

Ex-Congressman Open About Cashing In
Former lawmaker touts doors he can open in D.C.

Give ex-Rep. Steve Rothman points for candor. The NJ Democrat, who left office in early January, is "joining the local law firm of Sills Cummis to lead their new defense industry lobbying group," notes David Nir of Daily Kos Elections.

"My experience with defense issues and my familiarity with how to get one's foot in the door for consideration at the Pentagon stems from my eight years as a member of the House appropriations subcommittee on defense - a 25-person subcommittee that recommends all of the military spending for the U.S."

http://politix.topix.com/homepage/4108-ex-con...
TWA

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

somebody please tell me why 1000 kids a year die in chicago from ndrivebys, but now all of a sudden we need to outlaw guns, what we need to outlaw is these leftwingwhackadoo ideas of nobody being responsible for their actions thats whats needed

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

The Sunday News Shows should investigate, arms and aircraft from this America to the m.Brotherhood.
It can become the next BenghaziDeception.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>Crayons against High capacity magazine weapons of any sort?
Now you're comparing battle situations to?
well why are you bitching against a rifle, ban all of them! See where that get you.
When the 2nd amendment was ratified, all privately owned weapons were the same thing as used by the military grunts. As years passed so did technology, you wouldn't expect the militia to still be using flintlocks would you.
Since every citizen is charged with the protection of the US Constitution against all enemies both foreign and domestic, I suggest a bill be place in the house for the Government to supply ammo for those that have such guns.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Tofy, I took your post as a universal outreach, rather you weren't addressing anyone in particular but making a point. You have good points and you are absolutely right about our children, whether they be elementary or in college. They, regardless of their ages are loved by someone.
But don't put all conservatives in one pile. I, for one, think we should have voter IDs, but certainly am not against universal background checks. I believe that everyone purchasing a weapon should have a clean background. But, like the mother of Lanza, she did have a clean background, and she should have locked her weapons up, or put them with someone who was a reliable keeper rather than to leave her son access when she knew he was not stable. How do you get people to do this? It would be almost impossible to govern everyone's home and the person's who live there. And yes, this is a major problem. You shouldn't legislate responsible people because of the few irresponsible types. There will always be irresponsible people no matter what you do. There can be all the laws on the books that you want, and it won't stop the irresponsible ones from getting their hands on anything if they are determined and/or deranged. There's always going to be someone out there that can get you what you want. Think prohibition. Think war on drugs, which has been a complete failure. How do prison inmates get their hands on drugs? The same way determined killer's will always be able to get their hands on something lethal.
Thorough background checks? Yes. I would support that wouldn't you?
Great post Jay :)
I guess I should have told 'tofy' his was.
Because it was!

It was some made after that one that 'bothered' me ... per se

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

97 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Marlena cox 17 min DeeDee 3
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 51 min USA 128,758
Help me out! 1 hr just me 2
Is Gary Williams won the Mayors race ? 2 hr get real 7
whats wrong with Shannon Fergerson? 2 hr msmith37 2
state police pulling people over on 25e. 2 hr mike 1
KC Basketball Coach 3 hr Losers 74
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 6 hr contempt 417
Stivers Center fixes 8 hr smokejumper 54