'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 20 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Uncle Tab

United States

#73120 Jan 9, 2013
damn that man wrote:
<quoted text> because it is the govt military and they are trained/brained washed to take orders they are not subject to constitutional rights once they join the military your drill sergeant will be the first one to tell them "it is not a democracy it is a dictatorship" they will do what they are told or face dire consequences if you were a military man you would know that just look whats happening over seas and if you cant see the military over there killing their own then just grab a history book and look up the U.S civil war whether or not it was fought for the right reasons it was still our military fighting our own people and my brother in law is a Sergent major in the military as is one of my best friends that I served with he is career both have told me they have been training for Marshall law against our own population in fact this country has the right to peacefully protest and just look what is happening to protesters these days they get their asses beat and thrown in jail if you think for one minute they wont sick our military on us for any reason you are stupid or naive either way if I am not a law breaker why should I be restricted on what guns I may own I enjoy target shooting and for that matter what if we are invaded wouldn't they appreciate the help from a ex military that has kept up with his marksmanship does this help you or what if the invaders are at your door and you are defenseless I think you would be begging your armed neighbors to pull them out of your wife "or "gay lover (not that there's anything wrong with that lmao haha if you keep it up I will wait till they finish before I send a hostile projectile to help you out pussy or! what if it's just my fucking right to own firearms plain and simple they allready have taken my right to privacy on my own land from me when will they stop after they strip us down in the streets cause they can rectal cavity searches in front of out pervert congress while they do my wife cause they can?????
I stopped reading your post you said our own me and women would attack their own people.

I have MUCH more faith and respect for our military than you do!

I appreciate everything they do for us.

You thinking that is crazy and unstable
ftw

Johnson City, TN

#73121 Jan 9, 2013
damn that man wrote:
<quoted text> because it is the govt military and they are trained/brained washed to take orders they are not subject to constitutional rights once they join the military your drill sergeant will be the first one to tell them "it is not a democracy it is a dictatorship" they will do what they are told or face dire consequences if you were a military man you would know that just look whats happening over seas and if you cant see the military over there killing their own then just grab a history book and look up the U.S civil war whether or not it was fought for the right reasons it was still our military fighting our own people and my brother in law is a Sergent major in the military as is one of my best friends that I served with he is career both have told me they have been training for Marshall law against our own population in fact this country has the right to peacefully protest and just look what is happening to protesters these days they get their asses beat and thrown in jail if you think for one minute they wont sick our military on us for any reason you are stupid or naive either way if I am not a law breaker why should I be restricted on what guns I may own I enjoy target shooting and for that matter what if we are invaded wouldn't they appreciate the help from a ex military that has kept up with his marksmanship does this help you or what if the invaders are at your door and you are defenseless I think you would be begging your armed neighbors to pull them out of your wife "or "gay lover (not that there's anything wrong with that lmao haha if you keep it up I will wait till they finish before I send a hostile projectile to help you out pussy or! what if it's just my fucking right to own firearms plain and simple they allready have taken my right to privacy on my own land from me when will they stop after they strip us down in the streets cause they can rectal cavity searches in front of out pervert congress while they do my wife cause they can?????
You may be right, however I doubt the United States armed Forces, will on any large scale, turn on the people of this Country! I hope to hell I'm right?
Uncle Tab

United States

#73122 Jan 9, 2013
ANTH0NY75 wrote:
<quoted text>
It must be hard to be you... Not being able to understand the world around you, always overwhelmed with fear,worry and paranoia. Obama has not failed. Check your facts. The blame belongs to the republicans who caused the problems. Wake up dumb ass! Your parents should have never bred. They produced a developmentally disabled child who is unable to function as a rational thinking adult in 2013. It's so sad. They should've simply aborted you.
The republican sheep will never get that the party of NO is killing our country.
It's just fact
Jay

Paris, TN

#73125 Jan 9, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't talk about what I own over and over. Saying you have lots if guns to strangers on the Internet you'll never see means anything??
And everyone fills out applications truthfully?? Have YOU ever purchased a gun??
Lmao these argue menus are crazy! Sure! A Nutball purchasing a gun to go to a school and murder dozens of people is gonna put he has mental issues in the paperwork!
Great thinking there!

When you fill out an application, you don't have to answer truthfully. They know this, that people will try to get away with denying on some of the questions. The question, did you have any mental health issues, would be denied by someone who does because they don't think they do. A scan on the background check, however, will bring up any issues that have been reported, either by medical personnel, or a history of domestic violence. It's all on there.....so in other words, if you've had a domestic dispute with your wife/girlfriend/ neighbor - and it's on police records anywhere, anytime police have been called, you could be denied the right to purchase, and certainly will not get a permit to carry.

You're right, you will never stop mass killings completely, but anyone with mental issues should be reported IMO, and denied the right to purchase legally. But something tells me this won't solve what y'all are talking about for that person determined one way or another to do harm to others.
OBAMIES ZOMBIES

Los Angeles, CA

#73126 Jan 9, 2013
ANTH0NY75 wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans don't like anyone unless you're one of them or a convert. Ask Muslims in America.
Ask people of New York, Texas... if given the right, first thing they'd do is BURN and DESTROY 150 mosques and build churches.
Good luck explaining how you are any better. Some people here are clueless.
You must be a Muslim or a ignorant individual.
You can't be serious comparing Muslims in America to Christians on Middle East ...
Muslims kill and chop your head off just you're NOT one of them ...S T O P, please!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#73127 Jan 9, 2013
Amongst all the murder and mayhem in our Country, we have this tragedy ): So, so, sorry to hear about it. We should be saying prayers for these families, from our own state. <3

Bodies of father, four children recovered in Pike County house fire
http://www.kentucky.com/2013/01/09/2469526/co...
damn that man

Richmond, IN

#73128 Jan 9, 2013
ANTH0NY75 wrote:
<quoted text>
It must be hard to be you... Not being able to understand the world around you, always overwhelmed with fear,worry and paranoia. Obama has not failed. Check your facts. The blame belongs to the republicans who caused the problems. Wake up dumb ass! Your parents should have never bred. They produced a developmentally disabled child who is unable to function as a rational thinking adult in 2013. It's so sad. They should've simply aborted you.
don't get me wrong I voted for Obama cause the republicans are scary if your not a million air. and they have striped us of plenty of rights in there day to. they don't have any problem trampling on peoples rights as long as it is them doing it! and the only reason they don't support gun laws is that the NRA gives them money that's it and that's all! that machine known as govt is bought and sold on both sides it is against Americans period. it works for corporations the average income earner has no chance to get elected it cost a billion dollars to have a chance to be president think about what our/their govt has become a billion dollars to be president if you counted all of govt elections federal state and local i would bet over a trillion bucks were spent or more that is not my govt anymore it is biff the rich mans govt bought and paid for and nobody can fix it it would take a miracle now all is lost to average joe and you guys are so worried about some welfare person getting four or five hundred a month the last rich man bailout would have paid for all welfare for ten years and on top of that to add insult they begged for the money and are planning to sue the govt cause they say the interest was to high when they loan hard up people at 20% no problem and you fight all day long over welfare people getting squat you better pull your heads out of your asses and look at the big picture they got you doing just what they want get you infighting so they can suck the country dry while you are fighting over shit!!!!! In other words so you dems and pubs can understand our govt on both sides are not that different they are stacking up turd mountain to the sky for the rich while they have you fighting each other over a fart!!!! so get over it and watch what they are doing for a while and unite yourselves to save this country before it is to late it may be already don't be suckers that is what they want
American Lady

Danville, KY

#73129 Jan 9, 2013
damn that man

Richmond, IN

#73130 Jan 9, 2013
OBAMIES ZOMBIES wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be a Muslim or a ignorant individual.
You can't be serious comparing Muslims in America to Christians on Middle East ...
Muslims kill and chop your head off just you're NOT one of them ...S T O P, please!
hell Christians have chopped heads off too and every war ever fought in this country was started by a self proclaimed christian so what the hell the sickest things known to mankind have been done in the name of one god or the other it's cool to believe in a higher power but when you become a brain washed fanatic dangerous shit happens
American Lady

Danville, KY

#73131 Jan 9, 2013
OBAMIES ZOMBIES

Los Angeles, CA

#73132 Jan 9, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Amongst all the murder and mayhem in our Country, we have this tragedy ): So, so, sorry to hear about it. We should be saying prayers for these families, from our own state. <3
Bodies of father, four children recovered in Pike County house fire
http://www.kentucky.com/2013/01/09/2469526/co...
Oh my God A/L, that is horrible ...God bless their souls...:(((
American Lady

Danville, KY

#73135 Jan 9, 2013
damn that man

Richmond, IN

#73136 Jan 9, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
The republican sheep will never get that the party of NO is killing our country.
It's just fact
ha! your crazy as these dems and pubs should be independant! pugilist

Since: Dec 11

#73137 Jan 9, 2013
Al "Jazeere" Gore aka The Guru of Green

Starts out as slightly wacky scion of famously wacky political/moneyed family in Tennessee. Big reputation as irascible and hard to deal with in the U.S. Senate. But hooks himself up with the ultimate smooth talker, Bill Clinton. Gets to be Vice President. Was sure that he could bully his way into the White House. Literally physically menaces George W. Bush in 2000 debate (attempt to win votes of unlimited martial arts fans).

But instead of stealing the election as he thought he could and would, he was stopped in his tracks by Karl Rove in Florida.

Now, he becomes the world guru of green power. He preaches day and night about how burning oil and gas will kill the planet. Makes hundreds of millions of dollars from “alternative energy” projects, usually subsidized by the taxpayers — which means subsidized by the stockholders of oil companies — you and me and every other person in this country who has a pension.

For his heroic service to our planet, for fighting the evil powers that are choking mother earth by burning oil and gas, he receives the Nobel Peace Prize.(Later awarded to Barack Obama for… well, no one knows what for… I’ll get back to you on that.)

Two years ago, roughly, starts a cable TV channel to advance progressive causes and green energy. The channel,“Current” is a total and utter commercial flop. Just a complete zero. It has some great people, like my pal, Eliot Spitzer, but it loses money fast.

Then, along comes the Emir of Qatar, a small country in the Persian Gulf that is a prodigious producer of fossil fuels, especially natural gas, but also oil. He has founded some years earlier a worldwide cable channel called Al Jazeera. It is extremely well funded and has many bureaus all over the world. It is not exactly or explicitly a pro-terrorist entity. But it has been known to celebrate terrorists, even those who kill four year old Israeli girls by bashing their heads against stone.(See Monday’s superb column by Gordon Crovitz in the WSJ on this subject.) It is certainly not an enemy of fossil fuels.

The Emir or his employees want a presence in the U.S. So, there’s Current which has virtually no viewers ( typical day part — 23,000 ) but which appears on many cable systems.

The Emir buys Current from Al Gore and his fellow players for roughly $500 million — or about $22,000 per viewer — a sum never even approached in a cable TV deal before. Al Gore will get about $70-100 million.

And all of that stuff about “green energy”? Hey, that’s so 2007, pal. The “green energy” we all like is the Benjamins. They are the kind of green we all like to burn.

And giving a network that is often (not always) friendly to terrorists a foothold on the cable? Well, that 9/11 stuff was over 11 years ago, man. And besides, money is what talks. Blood dries quickly. Money is evergreen, right?

The terrifying thought, the one that really makes me gasp, is that this man, this very human Al Gore, was almost President. Time for a prayer of thanks for the gift of Karl Rove. Just think about it… this guy could have been President!

Luckily, now we have a President who just appointed a man who voted not to sanction Iran for making a nuclear bomb, one of only two out of 100 in the Senate, who sneers at “The Jewish Lobby”(not the Israel Lobby, the “Jewish Lobby”— and here, I am indebted to Bret Stephens, also of the Journal, for pointing out the important difference), and who wants America to abandon a leadership role in the world. Luckily, we have a President “in the mainstream” who just appointed Chuck Hagel, to be continued-

#73138 Jan 9, 2013
The Guru of Green part two-

another fellow “in the mainstream,” to be Secretary of Defense… and that appointment was heartily endorsed by the Foreign Minister of Iran — part of a government that does not believe Jews are even human beings, that believes it is God’s will that Iran KILL EVERY JEW ON THE PLANET. Yes, that’s what a mainstream appointment this is. Hagel is endorsed by a government that believes Jews are not human.

Can this possibly even be happening? It can be and it is. I will just close on this terrifying note: A man who knows friends of Mr. O says that his goal is to be the first ex-President to make a billion dollars. Let’s see… who has unlimited money and likes to spend it on retired high-ranking Democrat politicians?

Can someone please sell him an island very far from the U.S.A.?
OBAMIES ZOMBIES

Los Angeles, CA

#73139 Jan 9, 2013
damn that man wrote:
<quoted text> hell Christians have chopped heads off too and every war ever fought in this country was started by a self proclaimed christian so what the hell the sickest things known to mankind have been done in the name of one god or the other it's cool to believe in a higher power but when you become a brain washed fanatic dangerous shit happens
Stop...Muslims chop people's heads and post on internet ...shut up! Not fanatic but realist. Today, Muslims kill in the name of God ..."Allah Akbar" !!!

You can only defend this if you're one of them.
Brainwashed, geez, you are full of it ...

Maybe it's in people's of the Balkans DNA and 500 yrs TURKISH SLAVERY, not to ever trust another Muslim!

#73143 Jan 9, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
I stopped reading your post you said our own me and women would attack their own people.
I have MUCH more faith and respect for our military than you do!
I appreciate everything they do for us.
You thinking that is crazy and unstable
...and your understand how our Young men and Women have a supreme understanding of our Constitution?

My battalion answered at about 70% positive to follow a direct order to fire on American Citizens if issued a "direct order" by a superior officer (we were told this was a psychiatric eval test and there were no Right/Wrong answers).

My separation orders are dated 1984. That is way BEFORE Sep. 11th Terrorist Attacks.
Reality

Frankfort, KY

#73144 Jan 9, 2013
AmericanMan wrote:
<quoted text>You know it's hard to believe anything you would post since this one is such a lie. The """"In the wake of 9/11...I will stand with them (Muslims) should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.""" "" is so debunked that most Repubs never even use it anymore. Obama NEVER said it and it is NOT in his book.
Read your Master's book "Audacity of Hope".
ftw

Johnson City, TN

#73149 Jan 9, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
Al "Jazeere" Gore aka The Guru of Green
Starts out as slightly wacky scion of famously wacky political/moneyed family in Tennessee. Big reputation as irascible and hard to deal with in the U.S. Senate. But hooks himself up with the ultimate smooth talker, Bill Clinton. Gets to be Vice President. Was sure that he could bully his way into the White House. Literally physically menaces George W. Bush in 2000 debate (attempt to win votes of unlimited martial arts fans).
But instead of stealing the election as he thought he could and would, he was stopped in his tracks by Karl Rove in Florida.
Now, he becomes the world guru of green power. He preaches day and night about how burning oil and gas will kill the planet. Makes hundreds of millions of dollars from “alternative energy” projects, usually subsidized by the taxpayers — which means subsidized by the stockholders of oil companies — you and me and every other person in this country who has a pension.
For his heroic service to our planet, for fighting the evil powers that are choking mother earth by burning oil and gas, he receives the Nobel Peace Prize.(Later awarded to Barack Obama for… well, no one knows what for… I’ll get back to you on that.)
Two years ago, roughly, starts a cable TV channel to advance progressive causes and green energy. The channel,“Current” is a total and utter commercial flop. Just a complete zero. It has some great people, like my pal, Eliot Spitzer, but it loses money fast.
Then, along comes the Emir of Qatar, a small country in the Persian Gulf that is a prodigious producer of fossil fuels, especially natural gas, but also oil. He has founded some years earlier a worldwide cable channel called Al Jazeera. It is extremely well funded and has many bureaus all over the world. It is not exactly or explicitly a pro-terrorist entity. But it has been known to celebrate terrorists, even those who kill four year old Israeli girls by bashing their heads against stone.(See Monday’s superb column by Gordon Crovitz in the WSJ on this subject.) It is certainly not an enemy of fossil fuels.
The Emir or his employees want a presence in the U.S. So, there’s Current which has virtually no viewers ( typical day part — 23,000 ) but which appears on many cable systems.
The Emir buys Current from Al Gore and his fellow players for roughly $500 million — or about $22,000 per viewer — a sum never even approached in a cable TV deal before. Al Gore will get about $70-100 million.
And all of that stuff about “green energy”? Hey, that’s so 2007, pal. The “green energy” we all like is the Benjamins. They are the kind of green we all like to burn.
And giving a network that is often (not always) friendly to terrorists a foothold on the cable? Well, that 9/11 stuff was over 11 years ago, man. And besides, money is what talks. Blood dries quickly. Money is evergreen, right?
The terrifying thought, the one that really makes me gasp, is that this man, this very human Al Gore, was almost President. Time for a prayer of thanks for the gift of Karl Rove. Just think about it… this guy could have been President!
Luckily, now we have a President who just appointed a man who voted not to sanction Iran for making a nuclear bomb, one of only two out of 100 in the Senate, who sneers at “The Jewish Lobby”(not the Israel Lobby, the “Jewish Lobby”— and here, I am indebted to Bret Stephens, also of the Journal, for pointing out the important difference), and who wants America to abandon a leadership role in the world. Luckily, we have a President “in the mainstream” who just appointed Chuck Hagel, to be continued-
There was another guy with an agenda against Jews, Adolph something? I am so thankful to God that fool AL, LOST THE PRESIDENTCY!
Uncle Tab

United States

#73150 Jan 9, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
When you fill out an application, you don't have to answer truthfully. They know this, that people will try to get away with denying on some of the questions. The question, did you have any mental health issues, would be denied by someone who does because they don't think they do. A scan on the background check, however, will bring up any issues that have been reported, either by medical personnel, or a history of domestic violence. It's all on there.....so in other words, if you've had a domestic dispute with your wife/girlfriend/ neighbor - and it's on police records anywhere, anytime police have been called, you could be denied the right to purchase, and certainly will not get a permit to carry.
You're right, you will never stop mass killings completely, but anyone with mental issues should be reported IMO, and denied the right to purchase legally. But something tells me this won't solve what y'all are talking about for that person determined one way or another to do harm to others.
Do you think that the kid who went into Sandy Hook had anything against him mentally? Been reported by his family for crazy things? People are embarrassed and too proud to tell anyone they have a crazy in their home. So those checks would have meant nothing.... Unless people repot it. Then those guns could have been removed from his home and a BIG red flag would have went off when he's ordering bullet proof vests and thousands of rounds of ammo

If it would stop ONE mass killing its worth it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 18 min Athenesword 136,711
curious george 2 hr friend 1
Any info on the bad wreck on 25e near bar. 8 hr friend 12
Fed up! 9 hr Duh 21
Keep deleting 9 hr Funny 15
WHo is the most unfit mother in Bville? (Dec '09) 11 hr Wonder 63
Hello Gray, Kentucky 11 hr Franklin 20
state police 14 hr Elizabeth 17
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder (May '14) 16 hr singin in the pain 441
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]