'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 279299 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

dems are retards

East Lansing, MI

#72858 Jan 8, 2013
ANTH0NY75 wrote:
<quoted text>
I blame your parents for your lack of intelligence. Just imagine... You could've been a productive member of society with the ability to function as an adult in today's world perhaps... IF your parents had taught you HOW to Think rather than teaching you WHAT to Think.
Another generation wasted. I hope you don't breed. You are an embarrassment to the white race.
productive member of society? ROTFL, I thought all you libotards worshipped education, I stated facts and they offened you, all I can say to that is BAAAAAAAAAAAA,

and remember, stupid is a choice, don't abuse it!
AmericanMan

Rochester, KY

#72859 Jan 8, 2013
ANTH0NY75 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO
Lincoln was a Repub. Lincoln, a moderate from a swing state, secured the Republican Party presidential nomination in 1860.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_Lincoln
dems are retards

East Lansing, MI

#72861 Jan 8, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't suggesting whites should be afraid of blacks? I was suggesting no one should be afraid of you.
In fact it was your suggestion that blacks would be sooo afraid of whites in your town, they'd turn pale.(lol)
Stop embarrassing your own culture Professor Lamb. Just stop.
who gets you dressed in the morning? I have serious reservations that you are capable of doing it yourself, what you said that I suggested is nothing like what I said or suggested, does that make sense? I didn't think so,

you libs really give me lots of material to work with,

sorry, can't help it, one more time
lay offs for po po

Elmhurst, IL

#72862 Jan 8, 2013
I just heard Stanley Mc crystal on Morning joe say he don't think the American people should be able to own assault riffles like the one he carried all of his time in the military. Well you won't get shock from me since the military has been hard core practicing marshal law maneuvers for the last 5 to 7 years I mean heres a general in our nations armed forces who was once the "man" who shit all over Obama and had to resign because of that crapping saying" we the people" should not have the capabilities to protect ourselves against our govt I am pretty sure it is stated in our constitution that we have that specific right and I feel that if the dems take that from me I will vote republican social security be damned! medicare be damned country be damned I haven't been on any shooting ti-raids or broken any laws I love to shoot my AR15 my AK47 or any other guns that I lawfully posses why should I be penalized and have my toys taken from me I have had mine for a long time and have never felt the need to use them on any body ever! even red faced pissed off I never thought of reaching for my weapons the only time it would be a consideration is if someone entered my home and threatened my family and all bets are off! what do you think?
AmericanMan

Rochester, KY

#72864 Jan 8, 2013
rider wrote:
Ah, but what of the Jews I hear you cry. The GOP hasn't attacked he Jews at all. In fact they staunchly defend appropriations to Israel and as Mitt Romney implied in his acceptance speech they seem poised to go to war with Iran to preemptively defend our Mideast ally:
But on another front, every American is less secure today because he has failed to slow Iran's nuclear threat.
In his first TV interview as president, he said we should talk to Iran. We're still talking, and Iran's centrifuges are still spinning.
And to that I simply suggest you replace the word "Jew" with the word "Muslim" and you can clearly see that this is a near perfect description of the GOP's talking points, platform and actions in the last several decades.
We are seeing the fruition of those efforts right now with the rise of the extreme Christian right and it's efforts to teach Creationism as Science, crush reproductive freedom and enshrine bigotry in the law on the basis of their beliefs. Of course the Nazi's also demonized Gypsies and homosexuals, much the way today's GOP blames Mexicans and um... well... homosexuals.
It's been suggested that today's GOP is actively supporting and benefiting from the rise of an American, Christian version of the Taliban, and based on the use of religious zealotry to create their platform and talking points this is a very valid comparison. However, the roots date from long before the Taliban even existed, to a time and ideology that led to the most destructive war the world has ever known. Back then America was the good guy. Now one has to wonder if the GOP has it's way if that will still be the case. Closer to home one has to ask, "If we do not speak up now, then who will be left to speak for us?"
Very good post !!!!!!!!!! Especially about the GOP being an American style Taliban. Never thought about that but it's so true. Look at Repub post compared to Dem post. Almost all the Repub postings are full of some type of hate for anyone and any idea other than their own view of what is right.
High Plains Drifter

Johnson City, TN

#72865 Jan 8, 2013
SEATTLE—In an effort to protect at-risk animals from those who might wish to do them harm, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service announced Friday it had launched a program that provides endangered species with new names and habitats to ensure their anonymity.“In order to safeguard the lives of innocent creatures and preserve the biodiversity of our nation’s ecosystems, our Species Protection Program creates entirely new identities for animals and relocates them to places where no predator or poacher will ever find them,” said service director Vincent Hill, who confirmed that the former California condor now goes under a pseudonym and, in fact, no longer lives in California.“For example, we just moved a whole warren of brush rabbits from their home along the Columbia River because some fur trappers took a hit out on the poor fellows. Now, as long they keep their heads down, they should be safe.” The program has already come under intense scrutiny following an incident in which a herd of woodland caribou was reportedly reassigned to live in a dolphin community in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.MSNBC.
High Plains Drifter

Johnson City, TN

#72866 Jan 8, 2013
By Barack Obama, Incumbent Candidate For President Of The United States
This year, the American people face one of the most stark and important elections of our time, with much at stake for average citizens and their families. Election Day is less than a week away, and with my campaign running neck-in-neck with Mitt Romney’s, I fully recognize this is probably not the ideal moment to introduce a controversial new proposal widely ignored in mainstream politics. But I can no longer stay quiet about an issue I believe in so firmly.

My fellow Americans, it’s time to talk reparations.

As you may know, the latest polls show the race in the swing states is tighter than ever, with many crucial voters still undecided. So I realize that forcing the nation into a discussion about atoning for an institution abolished a century and a half ago, and introducing a program to redistribute wealth to black Americans—either in cash, bonds, or via a series of property reallocations—is not the most intelligent move, strategically speaking. Still, I feel this is a discussion we must have.

I know many people will try to stop me at the word “reparations”—indeed, my aides have strongly advised me not to bring up this subject at all, especially with Ohio’s pivotal 18 electoral votes still very much in play. Additionally, one could make a rather convincing argument that there are far more pressing issues to consider first, such as persistent unemployment, an ongoing war, a deteriorating infrastructure, climate change, the nuclear ambitions of hostile nations, a stagnant housing market, record deficits, campaign finance reform, and any number of other things the American people actually care about.

But to everyone who says this is not the right time to talk about reparations, I ask you this: Is there ever a good time to talk about this subject? Believe me, it won’t get any easier to discuss, so let’s address this matter once and for all. We’ll all be happier when we’ve rolled up our sleeves, taken several billion dollars from white people and given it to blacks, and put this all behind us.

Only then can we finally move forward.

Now, Americans have grown accustomed to hearing a lot about jobs, Medicare, and national security in recent months, so I can understand that it will be confusing when I suddenly begin to speak exclusively about making up for this country’s past mistakes by exempting black people from paying all taxes. I know that using the last few days of my campaign to push for a comprehensive reparations plan will, at best, alienate voters and, at worst, incite frustration, disgust, and outright contempt toward me—not to mention irreversibly recast my presidential legacy.

But I am a man of moral convictions, and I will not rest until African-Americans receive the fair monetary compensation they deserve. Plus hundreds of years of compounded interest.

Let me assure you, this plan will be the centerpiece of my second term. If you cast your ballot for me, the next four years will be focused pretty much entirely on reparations. That’s my promise to you.

Granted, surveys show the vast majority of citizens, including many African-Americans, do not consider this to be an issue worthy of discussion. In fact, my friends and family—even my own wife, who is descended from slaves—have repeatedly sat me down and said,“Barack, please don’t do this.” But the scars of slavery have not healed in this nation, and no matter how many times David Axelrod grabs me by the shoulders and says it is profoundly foolish even to mention this idea, let alone actively work toward it, I believe that in a republic that holds all men are created equal, we must confront this uncomfortable truth and make the appropriate cash payout to every black American, regardless of age, gender, education, criminal background, or income.

I’m thinking $150,000 a person.
High Plains Drifter

Johnson City, TN

#72867 Jan 8, 2013
By Barack Obama, Incumbent Candidate For President Of The United States
This year, the American people face one of the most stark and important elections of our time, with much at stake for average citizens and their families. Election Day is less than a week away, and with my campaign running neck-in-neck with Mitt Romney’s, I fully recognize this is probably not the ideal moment to introduce a controversial new proposal widely ignored in mainstream politics. But I can no longer stay quiet about an issue I believe in so firmly.

My fellow Americans, it’s time to talk reparations.

As you may know, the latest polls show the race in the swing states is tighter than ever, with many crucial voters still undecided. So I realize that forcing the nation into a discussion about atoning for an institution abolished a century and a half ago, and introducing a program to redistribute wealth to black Americans—either in cash, bonds, or via a series of property reallocations—is not the most intelligent move, strategically speaking. Still, I feel this is a discussion we must have.

I know many people will try to stop me at the word “reparations”—indeed, my aides have strongly advised me not to bring up this subject at all, especially with Ohio’s pivotal 18 electoral votes still very much in play. Additionally, one could make a rather convincing argument that there are far more pressing issues to consider first, such as persistent unemployment, an ongoing war, a deteriorating infrastructure, climate change, the nuclear ambitions of hostile nations, a stagnant housing market, record deficits, campaign finance reform, and any number of other things the American people actually care about.

But to everyone who says this is not the right time to talk about reparations, I ask you this: Is there ever a good time to talk about this subject? Believe me, it won’t get any easier to discuss, so let’s address this matter once and for all. We’ll all be happier when we’ve rolled up our sleeves, taken several billion dollars from white people and given it to blacks, and put this all behind us.

Only then can we finally move forward.

Now, Americans have grown accustomed to hearing a lot about jobs, Medicare, and national security in recent months, so I can understand that it will be confusing when I suddenly begin to speak exclusively about making up for this country’s past mistakes by exempting black people from paying all taxes. I know that using the last few days of my campaign to push for a comprehensive reparations plan will, at best, alienate voters and, at worst, incite frustration, disgust, and outright contempt toward me—not to mention irreversibly recast my presidential legacy.

But I am a man of moral convictions, and I will not rest until African-Americans receive the fair monetary compensation they deserve. Plus hundreds of years of compounded interest.

Let me assure you, this plan will be the centerpiece of my second term. If you cast your ballot for me, the next four years will be focused pretty much entirely on reparations. That’s my promise to you.

Granted, surveys show the vast majority of citizens, including many African-Americans, do not consider this to be an issue worthy of discussion. In fact, my friends and family—even my own wife, who is descended from slaves—have repeatedly sat me down and said,“Barack, please don’t do this.” But the scars of slavery have not healed in this nation, and no matter how many times David Axelrod grabs me by the shoulders and says it is profoundly foolish even to mention this idea, let alone actively work toward it, I believe that in a republic that holds all men are created equal, we must confront this uncomfortable truth and make the appropriate cash payout to every black American, regardless of age, gender, education, criminal background, or income.

I’m thinking $150,000 a person. Rachel Maddaw, MSNBC
High Plains Drifter

Johnson City, TN

#72868 Jan 8, 2013
AmericanMan wrote:
<quoted text>Very good post !!!!!!!!!! Especially about the GOP being an American style Taliban. Never thought about that but it's so true. Look at Repub post compared to Dem post. Almost all the Repub postings are full of some type of hate for anyone and any idea other than their own view of what is right.
Now that is comforting, one traitor complementing another! One muslim, one American, damn!
GhostofRaygun

Rochester, KY

#72869 Jan 8, 2013
High Plains Drifter wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that is comforting, one traitor complementing another! One muslim, one American, damn!
You are part of the American Taliban. You are a Frightwing Nut.
Uncle Tab

United States

#72870 Jan 8, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Next.
Regarding..........
Article:
Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice
Stephanie Pappas, LiveScience Senior Writer
Date: 26 January 2012 Time: 10:29 AM ET
"The second study measured cognitive abilities in four ways, including number recall, shape-drawing tasks, defining words and identifying patterns and similarities among words. Average IQ is set at 100."
Bull.
15 years old, teacher's put him through an ADULT IQ test. 45 questions, quizzes - all the above - problem solving of shapes of four to identify the answer. Never saw the test before and did it in 20 minutes. Passed with an IQ of 126. Takes all honors classes, averages a 3.8 - 4.0 GPA for four years. Favorite entertainment - the military channel, documentaries, history channel, video games, and lo and behold Glen Beck, one of his favorite personalities - and Fox News. Never missed one presidential debate - studies political science, government and crypto biology.
Conservative? Yes.
Prejudice? No.
Currently partnered in a skit in Theatrical Arts with a black boy his age who he calls, "a good friend of mine."
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'd put him up against you and your study any day!
....... You were the one who put up a VERY edited video if Obama sating he admits to being Muslim and a bunch of other untrue statements.....

So this study fits you perfectly!! Deny it all you want, it's documented and studied! YOU are what the study says!!

Can't argue with it..... But you all will. That just makes it more fun!

ROTFLMFAO!!!!

Idiots!!
wtf

Richmond, KY

#72871 Jan 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Leave f' ckhead.

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#72873 Jan 8, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
....... You were the one who put up a VERY edited video if Obama sating he admits to being Muslim and a bunch of other untrue statements.....
So this study fits you perfectly!! Deny it all you want, it's documented and studied! YOU are what the study says!!
Can't argue with it..... But you all will. That just makes it more fun!
ROTFLMFAO!!!!
Idiots!!
Well, Tabby, I see you've crawled out from under your rock again! Have a good day, anyway!
Uncle Tab

United States

#72874 Jan 8, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm just saving myself time on all your posts..... Same posts on reparations But you attach Ra heal Maddows name to the second one to make it more believable to the drones?? That's hilarious!

Here's something for you to read. Fits you perfectly!!

http://www.livescience.com/18132-intelligence...

FACTS!!

Now run along and find some other BS (beck shit) to post here! We'll shoot it down all day like we do the rest of you dishonest lying uneducated racist republicans!

That is all!

ROTFLMAO !!
Therealnews com

Garden City, NY

#72875 Jan 8, 2013
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>Correct, we are a Constitutional Republic, all branches of government are under the complete jurisdiction of the Constitution and for any branch or persons of any branch to violate any part of it is nothing short of treason.
Now for the last two presidential elections the 14th Amendment has been violated, not only is Obama not a Natural Born Citizen, he isn't even a citizen. This is very well known, since he was born a citizen of his father's nation and not subject to the jurisdiction of the Constitution.
Now the Wong Kim Ark v. US was a violation of the Constitution, since the USSC can not change any part of the Constitution, which it did try to do, this can only be done with an amendment.
As I read the 2nd amendment, this is the only part of the US Constitution that can never be amended, to try will be an act of treason.
Truth Be Told, The Constitution has been weakened and destroyed little by little these past 30+ years.

Watergate, Iran/Contra, Spying on all Americans, Et Cetera!

NOT ONE Republican voted against the Resolution that states Obama was born in Hawaii BTW.

NOT ONE REPUBLICAN PUT IT ON THE CONGRESSIONAL RECORD.

=========

Congress: Yes, Obama Was Born in Hawaii ( 378 - 0 )
July 28, 2009 / http://tinyurl.com/lhngae
Yesterday, an innocuous-sounding resolution in honor of the 50th anniversary of Hawaiian statehood came up for vote on the House floor.

The resolution from Hawaii Democrat Neil Abercrombie, which Greg Sargent first reported, included this line: "Whereas the 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama, was born in Hawaii…"

Why is that notable? Because it's just the sort of claim that angers the birthers – the movement of folks who believe, against overwhelming evidence to the contrary, that President Obama was not really born in Hawaii, and is thus not a U.S. citizen.
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/07/28/polit...

=======

Proof Obama is an American citizen / Judges all across America dismissed it
DECIDED CASES ONLY updated Oct. 12, 2009
Ankeny v. Daniels Indiana State Dismissed
Berg v. Obama Eastern Fed Dist PA Dismissed
[on appeal to 3rd Circuit]
Berg v. Obama Fed Dist Crt, DC Dismissed
Brockhausen v. Andrade Texas (state) Dismissed
Broe v. Wade Washington St. Supreme Dismissed
Christian/Aryan Nations Fed Missouri (west)
of Missouri v. Obama Dismissed
Cohen v. Obama D C Dismissed
Connerat v. Browning Dismissed
Connerat v. Obama Small Claims Fla Dismissed
Cook v. Good GA Middle Dismissed
Cook v. Simtech FLA Middle Dismissed
Craig v. United States OKLA West Judgment for Def.
[Affirmed – 10th Circuit]
[Petition for Writ of Certiorari]+[Denied]
Dawson v. Obama Cal Eastern District Dismissed
Donofrio v. Wells NJ State Dismissed
[Appealed to NJ State Supreme Court]+[Denied]
[Appealed to US Supreme Court]+[Denied]
Ealey v. Obama Texas Houston Dismissed
Essek v. Obama KY Eastern Dismissed
Gopalan v. Obama III CA Southern Dismissed
Greenberg v. Brunner Dismissed
Hamblin v. Obama/McCain Arizona District Dismissed
Herbert v. Obama FLA Mid Fed Dismissed
Hollister v. Soetoro Fed DC Dismissed
Hunter v. Obama Dismissed
Judy v. McCain Dismissed
Keyes v. Bowen Superior Crt of CA Dismissed
Keyes v. Lingle Dismissed
Lightfoot v. Bowen U.S. Sup Crt Dismissed
Marquis v. Reed Dismissed
Martin v. Lingle HI State Dismissed
[Appealed] Dismissed
Morrow v. Obama Fed FL Miami Dismissed
Neal v. Brunner Dismissed
Neely v. Obama Dismissed
Patriot Heart’s Network v. Obama Dismissed
Rhodes v. Gates Dismissed
Rhodes v. MacDonald Dismissed
Roy v. Obama Dismissed
Schneller v. Cortes U. S. Supreme Court Dismissed
Stamper v. U.S. Dismissed
Strunk v. U.S. 2nd Circuit Dismissed
Sullivan v. Marshall Dismissed
Thomas v. Hosemann Dismissed
Terry v. Handel Dismissed
Welch v. Mukasey Dismissed / Wrotnowski v. Bysiewiecz Dismissed
Uncle Tab

United States

#72876 Jan 8, 2013
BIG_STEVIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Tabby, I see you've crawled out from under your rock again! Have a good day, anyway!
Thanks Log Cabin republican!!

You and Biff have a great day too! Hope you 2 are doing well!!
Therealnews com

Garden City, NY

#72877 Jan 8, 2013
Justice Dale wrote:
Are we to hold a Naturalized Citizen to a higher standard than we do a Natural Born Citizen? NOT!!
United States citizens..
I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform :noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.
Visiting aliens or illegal aliens are not held to these standards and these standards can not be forced upon them, since they are not subject to the jurisdiction of the US Constitution, these are only rights acquired through citizenship.
All children born in the US of aliens are just that, aliens. They acquire the citizen ship of their fathers' at birth, since the fathers still are citizens of their nation of origin.
Our Constitution has never recogniuzed a dual-citizenship status.
McCain’s Constitutional Dilemma: Native Son But Not Natural Born?
February 29, 2008 / http://tinyurl.com/2am7hd
John McCain’s possible election could trigger review under an obscure part of the Constitution: the birth eligibility provision of Article II. The requirement that an American be “natural-born” has long been controversial, but few associated John McCain with the problem as opposed to other leaders like Arnold Schwarzenegger. McCain, however, may be a foreign born citizen given his birth in the Canal Zone. Due to the bar on advisory opinions, this issue might not be ripe for review until after the general election, triggering another Bush v. Gore moment in the high court. Ted Olson has even been retained for the possible fight to complete the scene for a Supreme redux.
McCain was born in 1936 in the Panama Canal Zone while his father was stationed there as a naval officer. In 1787, however, the framers insisted that any president be natural born — that is, born within the United States. It is a requirement that some of us have long criticized as counter to our tradition as a nation of immigrants
http://jonathanturley.org/2008/02/29/mccains-...

Jonathan Turley Constitutional Law
http://jonathanturley.org/
wtf

Richmond, KY

#72878 Jan 8, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Log Cabin republican!!
You and Biff have a great day too! Hope you 2 are doing well!!
They are both craving BBC.
Uncle Tab

United States

#72879 Jan 8, 2013
AmericanMan wrote:
<quoted text>Very good post !!!!!!!!!! Especially about the GOP being an American style Taliban. Never thought about that but it's so true. Look at Repub post compared to Dem post. Almost all the Repub postings are full of some type of hate for anyone and any idea other than their own view of what is right.
I also agree! Great post!! The GOO economic plan is LsYs War. They don't have any domestic plans. They send all the jobs overseas for cheap labor, never vote for raising minimum wage (unless its election time) and want to cut the hell out of social security where older Americans have worked under the conditions I previously stated and have no money they've worked for all thief lives.

And fight like hell to give millionaires and billionaires tax cuts so they can produce NO jobs!!

Republican voters are just...... Stupid!
Big Beautiful

Louisville, KY

#72880 Jan 8, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>They are both craving BBC.
Like your mother when she gets them in every nasty hole of hers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Hypothetical for Christian's. 20 min The Specialist 4
Thieves in bimble... 1 hr Watching 12
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr CCR 165,514
Today's Generation. 2 hr The Specialist 5
HERE IT IS List of President Trump’s Accomplish... 2 hr TOASTup 19
Barbourville arh hospital 2 hr The Specialist 11
yard sale 4 hr usename 3

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance