'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
Reality

Frankfort, KY

#71800 Jan 4, 2013
Syl wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
I'm going to flip "i love it here" out when I say I think welfare is sinister in whats it's doing to the people that depend on it.
Welfare used to be for the needy, not the lazy.
Communism found it couldn't defeat America as long as we were strong and free. The way to undo that was to get communist educators in schools and collages and un educate the Americans. Start the dummin down process....
I can't say I blame people on welfare.The government doesn't want them to be independent.That doesn't play into their scheme.
Back in the 60's when my sister was on welfare, they had programs to train people for jobs. Welfare would pay haft the salary when business's hired a person on welfare . Everybody won. The government saved money, the business's saved money and the welfare recipient learned to be self reliant while earning a salary.
My sister got her job in a local hospital as a nurses aid. The system also payed for child care while they worked. Welfare payed my mother to baby sit.{it was allowed.}{ you should have seen my sister's face when she got her first paycheck} She said she was going to frame it.{she didn't}
When I said welfare wasn't stingy, what I meant was that welfare was offering to pay for farther education also.{my sister didn't get a chance to benefit from that}
There was also a program for fathers called "Happy Pappies" where jobs doing things in the communities like cleaning roads among other things. Further education was offered to them as well without pay.
What could a program like this do for our country today> Just imagine!
This was in Floyd Co in the 60's.
I am glad your sister was able to get out from under the control of welfare.. My sister use it to advance her life style, paid for her necessities while she was off to the Bahamas with her older boyfriend who paid for the trips while tax payers paid for her rent and food.

You know what, she obtained a college degree and she married a man who died shortly after their marriage from a heart condition and she was left a lot of money. She didn't have to work but she was in management and like making money. She finally retired. I am still working and living from paycheck to paycheck. Go figure.

I have never heard of "Happy Pappies".
American

Jonesborough, TN

#71801 Jan 4, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
The people will come after them when they lose their lifestyles and resort to a Sharia Law style of life. Can you see the reactions of people when they lose just their cell phones? I believe some people live for cell phones as some do with food and water.
When they come after some Americans, a big suprise will be waiting!
Jay

Paris, TN

#71802 Jan 4, 2013
worse wrote:
<quoted text>
If a majority of the nation is comprised of freeloaders as you say, then you cant just brush off how we got here. I guess you can as long as it helps your argument and lets you ignore what really happened

You said:

"If a majority of the nation is comprised of freeloaders as you say......"

I did not say the MAJORITY of the nation is comprised of freeloaders, as you are quoted as saying above.

This is what I said:

" This is now and it's the now we are facing thanks to the free loaders who voted his royal ass in again."

Do not edit my posts!!!
duh

AOL

#71803 Jan 4, 2013
what the democraps and liberal press fail to publicize

is the fact that obama just made permanent the so called 'BUSH TAX CUTS '

for the past four years ,..all obama could do was harp about the 'evil ' bush tax cuts ,......
but now , with his fiscal cliff deal ,..obama just made permanent,.." the bush tax cuts "

what a bunch of dimwits and hypocrites,...
Syl

Ashland, KY

#71804 Jan 4, 2013
Hamburglar wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans are obstructionists, like little preachy roadblocks on the way to the new world. Reps are over, finished. All they can do is hold their chubby, self-righteous hands up to try and stop it. They have failed. Their own ranks are jumping ship. Just wait and see, numbers will decline until all thats left is Rush Pillbottle blabbering on the radio with noone to listen.
Threaten the murder of your family is a pretty strong incentive to comply.
Dumb

Pikeville, KY

#71805 Jan 4, 2013
Therealnews com wrote:
<quoted text>
You and I both know the whole system is corrupt and both Republicans and Democrats like it that way.
Fox News and MSNBC are both corporate hack talking air heads loyal to these two corrupt parties.
Most Republicans are conservative in name only.
Most Democrats are liberal in name only.
Obamacare is not a liberal health plan which would have provided Single Payer, Medicare For All.
Obamacare is more accurately Romneycare which was endorsed by Bob Dole and the Heritage Foundation back in the 1990s.
Obama/Clinton, Bush/Cheney John Kerry, John McCain, et cetera are all corporate hacks loyal to Wall Street.
They have to divide and conquer our ignorant masses.
Statement on Health Care
http://econ4.org/statement-on-healthcare
---------
The Truth Behind the Fiscal Cliff’s Reality TV Show
January 4, 2013 / http://tinyurl.com/b7klghn
To appreciate how the kabuki theater works, consider three big outcomes of the fiscal cliff legislation that the attendant reality TV show never highlighted:
1. Bush defeats Clinton: President Clinton’s tax rates delivered big budget surpluses and one of history’s strongest rates of economic growth. By contrast, President Bush’s cuts to those tax rates birthed massive deficits and the slowest rate of economic growth in modern history. Yet, faced with the fiscal cliff’s choice between Clinton and Bush tax rates, both parties agreed to ratify almost all of the latter.
For Republicans, this victory was summed up by Bush’s former spokesman, Ari Fleischer, who said simply,“it’s fantastic.” For Democrats, their triumphant rhetoric about their one small win - restoring Clinton rates on income above $400,000 - obscures a humiliating truth. Essentially, the party that spent so much political capital to modestly raise taxes and restore fiscal sanity after the Reagan binge was bullied into undoing much of its own fiscal legacy.
2. Nobody in Washington cares about deficits: During December’s “fiscal cliff” TV show, D.C.‘s reality stars told us that they were focused on reducing the budget deficit. But, according to the Congressional Budget Office, the final bill will increase the budget deficit by $4 trillion.
3. Corporate welfare is sacrosanct: For all the effort to make wasteful spending the villain in the “fiscal cliff” TV show, Congress ultimately refused to touch that spending. Somehow, defense contractor largesse in the bloated Pentagon budget was off the table. Somehow, subsidies to corporate agribusiness were separated from the negotiations and then extended. Meanwhile, as the Roosevelt Institution’s Matt Stoller documented, the final “fiscal cliff” bill included taxpayer handouts for everything from NASCAR racetracks, to Hollywood studios, to a new Goldman Sachs headquarters.
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2013/01/04
Why can the right not understand this. Fact is Bush took us off the cliff 5 years ago. New government spending grew over 5 trillion dollars under Bush and has only grew just over 1.4 trillion under Obama but the right insists its Obama who has run up our deficit. The fact is that record spending bills passed as well as tax cuts under Bush left us with debt as well as a lack of revenue. I dont understand why we keep giving subsidies to corporations like hollywood nascar or even exxon They are filthy rich they dont need government welfare.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#71806 Jan 4, 2013
TWA wrote:
heres the simple question anybody should axe, if obama is a natural born citizen of the unoited states of america how did he qualify for a fulbright scholarship
BHO didn't go to school on a Fulbright.
Reality

Frankfort, KY

#71807 Jan 4, 2013
Videos of muslim cells in America has been taped for years and our gov. is well aware of them. They view how to fight with machete, assault weapons and even bombs to blow up Americans.

Nothing is done by either party and very little reporting by the media. Although, when they have mass killings as in the last shooting by American on Americans. What does our gov. want to do...take away the law biding citizens guns.

The question here is why aren't these cells taken out???????? This is aiding and abetting the terrorist by our own gov.

Need to look up the worldwide org. of Bilderberg and who is part of it. This is a group who is doing everything they can to start a One World Order complete with One World Bank (Nat. Reserve Banking).

It is getting closer and closer to a war within America. Hold onto your weapons, you are going to need them.
dems are retards

Mason, MI

#71808 Jan 4, 2013
Dumb wrote:
<quoted text>Why can the right not understand this. Fact is Bush took us off the cliff 5 years ago. New government spending grew over 5 trillion dollars under Bush and has only grew just over 1.4 trillion under Obama but the right insists its Obama who has run up our deficit. The fact is that record spending bills passed as well as tax cuts under Bush left us with debt as well as a lack of revenue. I dont understand why we keep giving subsidies to corporations like hollywood nascar or even exxon They are filthy rich they dont need government welfare.
low intelligence people (sheeple) don't need lots of money, they are content just being told what to do and how to think, quit making excuses for them, the democraps have that well in hand,

in the meantime, BAAAAAAAAAA
Syl

Ashland, KY

#71809 Jan 4, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>"Collages" "haft"
LMFAO
Dumb a-s!!
Is that the only thing you picked up on?
wtf

Pikeville, KY

#71810 Jan 4, 2013
dems are retards wrote:
<quoted text>
low intelligence people (sheeple) don't need lots of money, they are content just being told what to do and how to think, quit making excuses for them, the democraps have that well in hand,
in the meantime, BAAAAAAAAAA
So you do not need much money numb nuts?

lmfao
lmfao
American

Jonesborough, TN

#71811 Jan 4, 2013
Dumb wrote:
<quoted text>Why can the right not understand this. Fact is Bush took us off the cliff 5 years ago. New government spending grew over 5 trillion dollars under Bush and has only grew just over 1.4 trillion under Obama but the right insists its Obama who has run up our deficit. The fact is that record spending bills passed as well as tax cuts under Bush left us with debt as well as a lack of revenue. I dont understand why we keep giving subsidies to corporations like hollywood nascar or even exxon They are filthy rich they dont need government welfare.
Dumb, yes you are, its 14 trillion not 1.4 trillion! I guess it just sounds better to you and your fellow dimwits when you put the point in the wrong place! HAHAHAHA
Syl

Ashland, KY

#71812 Jan 4, 2013
Dumb wrote:
But yet under Obama they are getting that and much more.
Hamburglar

Ashland, KY

#71813 Jan 4, 2013
OBAMIES ZOMBIES wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, your president is hiding his record because people like you protected him, voted for him and knew nothing about him. Obama had all American haters around him. Him and his wife have grudge against America because of slavery. Listen to Obama's speech in Cairo and his wife..."first time in my adult life I'm proud with my country "...
Obama listen to rev. Wright for 20 yrs. Why, if he didn't agree with him. "No, no, no, God bless America, God damn America"... Obama's idol was Frank Marshall Davis, Communist ...read Obama's book "Dreams from my father " Luis Farakhon, nation of Islam, who was Obama's friend and Bill Ayers, domestic terrorist, Obama"s friend and Toni Rezko in jail 10.5 yrs for a fraud ...all Obama's close friends and associates ...when you call others "dumbass" look in mirror ...
Churches = votes. You dont have to believe the message, only be there. Just ask the countless bible thumping right mingers who go to church then get busted with drugs and/or prostitutes. Wright got crazier as time went, but can we look at all of the evangelists that republicans have supported through the years now?
Hamburglar

Ashland, KY

#71814 Jan 4, 2013
Have you watched the 700 club lately? Swaggert, Roberts, Baker...crazier than bat drop! All backed substantially by the right.
Hamburglar

Ashland, KY

#71815 Jan 4, 2013
dems are retards wrote:
<quoted text>
you must have been on meth, the anti-American traitors stole the election, just like they stole your s.security and are coming after your food stamps,
BAAAAAAAAAAA,
Sore losers always cry foul! Loooossseer! Waa, they took our election! Waa, we shouldve won. The only you right mingers will get your country back is to step back and take a look at the Republicunt party. Full of psychos that are losing votes so fast youll never stop the bleeding! Waa!

Now who is WAAAAAAAAAAAAA?
Hamburglar

Ashland, KY

#71816 Jan 4, 2013
Syl wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that what Hitler did in World War Two? Breed the women and then did experiments on them , killing them and babies. The baby killing has already started here. You should be very proud.
Obama kills babies? Bush kills grown men and women by marching them into useless wars. Whats the difference?
Hamburglar

Ashland, KY

#71817 Jan 4, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
don't get caught out, dog meat.
You think NRA members are the only ones with guns? No. Youre just the only ones stupid enough to tell everyone who you are. Everything I own was boughtg at a gun show. Thanks cuntservatives
American

Jonesborough, TN

#71818 Jan 4, 2013
Hamburglar wrote:
Have you watched the 700 club lately? Swaggert, Roberts, Baker...crazier than bat drop! All backed substantially by the right.
You are crazy as hell! Republicans don't support (child molester) swaggert (homo) baker or anal roberts, If we supported fools we would support your party! Buttburglar!
Hamburglar

Ashland, KY

#71819 Jan 4, 2013
American wrote:
<quoted text>
You are crazy as hell! Republicans don't support (child molester) swaggert (homo) baker or anal roberts, If we supported fools we would support your party! Buttburglar!
Sure they did Americunt! They just backed away after they showed their true crazy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 23 min Hmmmmmmm 5,203
Dylan Mills (Sep '08) 31 min down 10
Just hearing 1 hr traci 5
A Rat In Knox County 1 hr True Anon 10
tiffany jackson 1 hr yolanda 3
What happened at Stinking Creek? 2 hr steve 90
frances karr smith 3 hr seriously 3
Barbourville high school salaries WOW Thu John boy 21
•••
•••